PDA

View Full Version : How TNA has changed in the past 10 years

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Lets look they have changed for the best and worst...

1. Went from their Wednesday night PPVs to monthly PPVs and a weekly show.
2. Has sign some top talent ( Sting, Flair, RVD, Matt Morgan, and the Hardys) to name a few..
3. The same ratings for the past 3 years about...
4. Building of new younger stars ( Crimson, Gunner, Monty Brown) just to name a few who has come or is there....

Automatic
08-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Monty Brown?

They changed color. Red became blue. Don't ask me why, but it makes it a bit easier to watch.

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Monty Brown?

They changed color. Red became blue. Don't ask me why, but it makes it a bit easier to watch.

Blue is a more calmer passifing color

World B. Free
08-28-2011, 12:06 PM
:confused:They started off with the 4-sided ring, then to the 8-sided ring, and now back to the traditional 4-sided ring again. :confused:

ShockMaster
08-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Stupid company.

Y2J___Y2J
08-28-2011, 02:34 PM
They've pulled the same rating the last 3 years.. Not exactly brilliant, they've brought in a whole load of talent the past 2 years and the ratings are the exact same.!

jordan1995
08-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Stupid company.

stupid post now fukoff ..sick of people coming to bash TNA

Rich Cranium
08-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Blue is a more calmer passifing color

TNA needs pacifiers? jk

:confused:They started off with the 4-sided ring, then to the 8-sided ring, and now back to the traditional 4-sided ring again. :confused:

you mean 6 sided ring.

skyhigh93
08-28-2011, 02:53 PM
They've pulled the same rating the last 3 years.. Not exactly brilliant, they've brought in a whole load of talent the past 2 years and the ratings are the exact same.!

exactly, dixie n hogan seem to think hiring ex WWE stars will help boost their popularity, n it makes sense on paper, but in reality, it hasnt done much, the ratings are more or less the same, infact, they dropped in 2010 after all the major signings. TNA can release most of these guys and push more homegrown talent, it wont affect them.

ObscureRessurection
08-28-2011, 02:58 PM
I love TNA, but not many of their changes are a good thing. Aside from Sting I dislike a good majority of the Legends they had signed to contracts. Vince Russo is not a very good writer. Now the guy who took over during Vince Russo's time away... He was amazing. I think he wrote for TNA up until 2006? 2005? One of those years. They need to ditch Russo an get that guy back. It is not that TNA sucks in other areas but they have a washed up writer that is pulling nonsense out of his ass.

ObscureRessurection
08-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Monty Brown?

He is known as Marcus Cor Von in the WWE. He stayed with TNA long enough to get recognition an then he bailed to join WWECW. The WWE had big plans for the guy, but eventually all of those plans fell through the cracks after his sister died. He was forced to pull out of Wrestling to take care of her kids.

tnafanwwehater
08-28-2011, 03:12 PM

u pretend as if ratings is everything. sure in the usa they are. BUt wrestling sucks in the usa peeople worship wwe like a cult and dont give other promotions a chance. All those veterans that they signed help them get more tv deals. Hogan is a international name. LEts face it u have hogan on paper or aj styles when trying to make a deal. Hulk hogan will sound more attractive. as far as ratings goes i aint trying to compare but wwe doesnt even rise either and they used to to 5.0s.

Y2J___Y2J
08-28-2011, 03:26 PM
u pretend as if ratings is everything. sure in the usa they are. BUt wrestling sucks in the usa peeople worship wwe like a cult and dont give other promotions a chance. All those veterans that they signed help them get more tv deals. Hogan is a international name. LEts face it u have hogan on paper or aj styles when trying to make a deal. Hulk hogan will sound more attractive. as far as ratings goes i aint trying to compare but wwe doesnt even rise either and they used to to 5.0s.

Well firstly, It was whoever posted the forum that stated that their ratings haven't changed. But I agree ratings are not everything but they do mean something.Why make a show if your not trying to get as many people as possible to watch??!
If the ratings go up then they are doing something right. But they haven't. Also, Yes Hogan/Hardy/Anderson/ etc
All former WWE guys who are on major contracts compared to home grown talent and they haven't made a difference, the storylines are boring and THE RATINGS HAVE NOT CHANGED.
Yes the WWE used to get higher ratings but they are catering to a totally different demographic nowadays.

wwe=awesome
08-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Lets look they have changed for the best and worst...

1. Went from their Wednesday night PPVs to monthly PPVs and a weekly show.
2. Has sign some top talent ( Sting, Flair, RVD, Matt Morgan, and the Hardys) to name a few..
3. The same ratings for the past 3 years about...
4. Building of new younger stars ( Crimson, Gunner, Monty Brown) just to name a few who has come or is there....

get off tna's dick bro, it isn't shit compaired to wwe so don't make a thread to try and make it look good

AOF666
08-28-2011, 03:42 PM
It has do a combination of stupid story lines. Stories not staying consistant. Not developing new talents, having veterans hogging all the t.v. time. Hogan stealing the spotlight from everyone. Taping multiple shows in a row, not going live, where everyone can read the spoilers. Rehashing NWO all over again, (which my opinion is one of the reason helped folded in WCW). Not focusing on the X-Division till recently. I want TNA to be succesful, but they need to make some changes.

VKM
08-28-2011, 05:03 PM
get off tna's dick bro, it isn't shit compaired to wwe so don't make a thread to try and make it look good

Something tells me that you'll be banned in the near future.:rolleyes:

helmsley
08-28-2011, 06:27 PM
im sorry but tna sucks, BIG TIME,

i watched this thursday episode and nothing made sense at all, not the promos ( the sting and hogan one really dissapointed me)

not the feuds ( how long can inmortal continue??, plus mr anderson returned!! woohoooo..... nobody gives a shit about him)

not the talent ( bully ray pinning aj styles??? kurt angle in decadence looking like he is sick??)

tna really needs a complete readjustment

The Brown One
08-28-2011, 06:36 PM

Big names in TNA don't draw big bucks. STORYLINES do. I'm sorry I have to say it, but, the writing staff has been terrible for years, constantly throwing random guys into stables over and over again, with the same outcome everytime. Its just made their product stale.

ObscureRessurection
08-28-2011, 06:38 PM
im sorry but tna sucks, BIG TIME,

i watched this thursday episode and nothing made sense at all, not the promos ( the sting and hogan one really dissapointed me)

not the feuds ( how long can inmortal continue??, plus mr anderson returned!! woohoooo..... nobody gives a shit about him)

not the talent ( bully ray pinning aj styles??? kurt angle in decadence looking like he is sick??)

tna really needs a complete readjustment

I noticed that too. Kurt Angle is looking really unhealthy. He looks like a cancer patient or somebody who is going through anorexia.

K2Jelly
08-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Big names in TNA don't draw big bucks. STORYLINES do. I'm sorry I have to say it, but, the writing staff has been terrible for years, constantly throwing random guys into stables over and over again, with the same outcome everytime. Its just made their product stale.

IMPACT in a nutshell. Wait. Is it IMPACT or TNA? I'm confused.

Tomsta666
08-28-2011, 06:43 PM
I've only been watching TNA since earlier this year. For many reasons WWE is better. I still enjoy TNA though :p

helmsley
08-28-2011, 06:46 PM
I've only been watching TNA since earlier this year. For many reasons WWE is better. I still enjoy TNA though :p

i think that if you just watch the matches and really not care about anything else (feuds,pushes etc...) tna is a good alternative to see the wrestlers that you like ( angle, rvd joe styles) more frequently than if they worked in indys

K2Jelly
08-28-2011, 06:46 PM

According to LOLTNA, IMPACT/TNA was never good. xD

wwe=awesome
08-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Something tells me that you'll be banned in the near future.:rolleyes:

im just the real voice of the voiceless

Y2J___Y2J
08-28-2011, 09:40 PM

I'll agree with you there but that's how TNA has tried to gain ratings by bringing in big names. Paying them a shitload more than the home grown talent, pushing them above the home grown talent. And nothing has changed. Obviously they need to switch it up with different talent and various talent and try to make some of the other talent they have into household names instead of getting guys like Angle, Flair, Hogan, Steiner, Ray, and STING.. God Damn.. everybody loves Sting but he's past it and needs to be putting someone over instead of being hunting the title month after month

By0nd_Perfect
08-28-2011, 10:26 PM
TNA is actually not that bad. If you don't compare it with any other wrestling company and you pay no attention to the "stories", then TNA is actually quite enjoyable. And like someone else said it is a good alternative to watch some of your fav wrestlers (Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles etc.)
:cool:

the wrestling shade
08-29-2011, 01:35 AM
TNA doesnt even have 10 years in it dude!

SilverGhost
08-29-2011, 01:41 AM
I'll agree with you there but that's how TNA has tried to gain ratings by bringing in big names. Paying them a shitload more than the home grown talent, pushing them above the home grown talent. And nothing has changed. Obviously they need to switch it up with different talent and various talent and try to make some of the other talent they have into household names instead of getting guys like Angle, Flair, Hogan, Steiner, Ray, and STING.. God Damn.. everybody loves Sting but he's past it and needs to be putting someone over instead of being hunting the title month after month

Keep Angle AND Sting(and Flair for backstage). Throw the other old guys away(saves money) and bring in young, new, fresh talents that is just waiting to shine.

BlazersDozen
08-29-2011, 02:28 AM
The problem with the guys TNA bring in from WWE or Legends is they push them through the roof right away when in reality, non of these guys got the attention of viewers due to being mid card performers who are now main eventers in TNA or they've been off the map for so long that they are no longer relevant to the newer generation of fans.

TNA doesn't realize this for whatever reason until they sign these guys & put the championship on them. Bubba is main eventing...something he's NEVER done...& why? Well just look at what he's doing right now PAST his prime. What makes them think he can main event past his prime when he couldn't in his prime. Why do they think he's been a tag team wrestler for 90% of his career? Because 3D is a large name? No, because he sucks on the mic, has a horrible look & has a very limited move set.

How long were Bish & Hogan gone from wrestling before they went to TNA?! Exactly...

What did Anderson do in WWE to get fans attention to make him one of the faces of the company? His enterance? Its been done & fans were tired of it back then already.

I have no problem with them bringing in certain guys, they just misuse them in the complete OPPOSITE way than the WWE did. I bet you if they sign Chris Masters, he'll be in the title scene after Bound For Glory.

steveorton
08-29-2011, 07:31 AM
The problem with the guys TNA bring in from WWE or Legends is they push them through the roof right away when in reality, non of these guys got the attention of viewers due to being mid card performers who are now main eventers in TNA or they've been off the map for so long that they are no longer relevant to the newer generation of fans.

TNA doesn't realize this for whatever reason until they sign these guys & put the championship on them. Bubba is main eventing...something he's NEVER done...& why? Well just look at what he's doing right now PAST his prime. What makes them think he can main event past his prime when he couldn't in his prime. Why do they think he's been a tag team wrestler for 90% of his career? Because 3D is a large name? No, because he sucks on the mic, has a horrible look & has a very limited move set.

How long were Bish & Hogan gone from wrestling before they went to TNA?! Exactly...

What did Anderson do in WWE to get fans attention to make him one of the faces of the company? His enterance? Its been done & fans were tired of it back then already.

I have no problem with them bringing in certain guys, they just misuse them in the complete OPPOSITE way than the WWE did. I bet you if they sign Chris Masters, he'll be in the title scene after Bound For Glory.

^^^This, I'm jus sayin...