PDA

View Full Version : WWE and the perception of certain wrestlers

Theusernamepokeofdoom
08-28-2011, 03:36 AM
I've noticed many times when reading forums about the placement of wrestlers, people have considered say Kane a professional mid-carder or a wrestler who doesn't have it in him. My argument to that is, though I see Kane in the mid-card many times. I still see him as a Main Eventer, the man can sell a lot of tickets, not to mention the first time you see Kane you're actually convinced he really is how he is. He does look weird, right?

Anyway..Who are wrestlers you think are being seen as lower "quality" than they are by most fans?

Chavo.G
08-28-2011, 03:59 AM
I've noticed many times when reading forums about the placement of wrestlers, people have considered say Kane a professional mid-carder or a wrestler who doesn't have it in him. My argument to that is, though I see Kane in the mid-card many times. I still see him as a Main Eventer, the man can sell a lot of tickets, not to mention the first time you see Kane you're actually convinced he really is how he is. He does look weird, right?

Anyway..Who are wrestlers you think are being seen as lower "quality" than they are by most fans?

I agree, I agree. Kane will always be a main eventer in my eyes. K-truth and Adolph Ziggler I think is also being held back.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 04:05 AM

Kane is an icon*

Festeringeviscerate
08-28-2011, 04:24 AM
I agree, I agree. Kane will always be a main eventer in my eyes. K-truth and Adolph Ziggler I think is also being held back.

Lmao "Adolph Ziggler" Kane should have been pushed more. Especially from back in the day; I mean could you imagine Kane from 97 in this era? It would be sick! Not only would he be "main event status" but Parents from all over would be raising hell about his persona. It would be epic.

tshizzy34
08-28-2011, 04:25 AM
Kane, Truth, Morrison maybe?

Theusernamepokeofdoom
08-28-2011, 04:28 AM
I very much believe you with Ziggler and Truth. I haven't been watching the WWE much recently. Probably because I play WoW and always forget about it..But I'm quick to read the results and they excite me, honestly. Especially Truth's conspiracy gimmick.

ObscureRessurection
08-28-2011, 04:41 AM
I am going to go out on a branch here an say John Morrison. He can really go in the ring an the fans seem to enjoy his precense. He has a huge history with the WWE, both good an bad. He has pretty much been stuck in the upper mid card tier for a very long time. John Morrison has everything but A+ microphone skills. So why are they not pushing him? I heard it was because of Melina causing so much shennanigans backstage. That is completely understable, but John Morrison is deserving of some kind of push. I mean at least slap the IC Championship on the guy an then have him feud with Dolph Ziggler. /End.

Chavo.G
08-28-2011, 05:02 AM
I am going to go out on a branch here an say John Morrison. He can really go in the ring an the fans seem to enjoy his precense. He has a huge history with the WWE, both good an bad. He has pretty much been stuck in the upper mid card tier for a very long time. John Morrison has everything but A+ microphone skills. So why are they not pushing him? I heard it was because of Melina causing so much shennanigans backstage. That is completely understable, but John Morrison is deserving of some kind of push. I mean at least slap the IC Championship on the guy an then have him feud with Dolph Ziggler. /End.

Nice old school Stinger pics. Yeah I agree, I agree. Morrison does deserve the intercontinental belt, but I just don't see him as main event material just yet. I think if him and Ziggler have a feud, it'll raise both of their status's to main event status. They just need a good storyline going because I am sure they could put on a 5 star match without a doubt. Ziggler is absolute magic in the ring. He is really spot on with all his moves. K-Kwik deserves a title run. He really put effort into elevating himself to main event status.

HBK
08-28-2011, 05:20 AM
I very much believe you with Ziggler and Truth. I haven't been watching the WWE much recently. Probably because I play WoW and always forget about it..But I'm quick to read the results and they excite me, honestly. Especially Truth's conspiracy gimmick.

hey man i play wow all the time as well lol, well when im not at work

Theusernamepokeofdoom
08-28-2011, 05:22 AM
hey man i play wow all the time as well lol, well when im not at work

Yeah? RP, PvE, or PvP? :o`

HBK
08-28-2011, 05:28 AM
Yeah? RP, PvE, or PvP? :o`

I like dugeons alot and pvp is amazing as well... i kinda just do all of it lol wbu?

ObscureRessurection
08-28-2011, 05:31 AM
Nice old school Stinger pics. Yeah I agree, I agree. Morrison does deserve the intercontinental belt, but I just don't see him as main event material just yet. I think if him and Ziggler have a feud, it'll raise both of their status's to main event status. They just need a good storyline going because I am sure they could put on a 5 star match without a doubt. Ziggler is absolute magic in the ring. He is really spot on with all his moves. K-Kwik deserves a title run. He really put effort into elevating himself to main event status.

Oh old school names! Well "K-Kwik" has done a lot, indeed. At first I did not think that it was going to go anywhere but his goofy mic style has seriously done him some good. It is just unforunate that I can only see "K-Kwik" getting nothing more than Number 1 contendership matches, and probably a few Championship matches down the road that he will only end up losing. OR! I could be proven wrong an "K-Kwik" wins next years MITB briefcase match.

Theusernamepokeofdoom
08-28-2011, 05:37 AM
I like dugeons alot and pvp is amazing as well... i kinda just do all of it lol wbu?

I do a bit of raiding, but I mostly role play.

Theusernamepokeofdoom
08-28-2011, 05:39 AM
Oh old school names! Well "K-Kwik" has done a lot, indeed. At first I did not think that it was going to go anywhere but his goofy mic style has seriously done him some good. It is just unforunate that I can only see "K-Kwik" getting nothing more than Number 1 contendership matches, and probably a few Championship matches down the road that he will only end up losing. OR! I could be proven wrong an "K-Kwik" wins next years MITB briefcase match.

Perhaps you might even be proven wrong with what's happening on Raw at the moment. Ron Killings is doing pretty good for himself and with the "unpredictable" atmosphere he may get a quick shot, win. But I'm not saying he'd hold it, maybe for a week or two but he'd eventually drop it and sink down to the upper-midcard.

Chavo.G
08-28-2011, 06:00 AM
Perhaps you might even be proven wrong with what's happening on Raw at the moment. Ron Killings is doing pretty good for himself and with the "unpredictable" atmosphere he may get a quick shot, win. But I'm not saying he'd hold it, maybe for a week or two but he'd eventually drop it and sink down to the upper-midcard.

Well yes K-Krush is pretty unpredictable but that's what makes him so great. K-Krush is in a league of his own. Him and The Sexual Chocolate have both raised their status and in my opinion, I feel they deserve a title run. Johnny Nitro should learn from them and up his game.

shanethewolf
08-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Kane is one of those wrestlers whose status depends entirely on the WWE's push at the time. Unlike Punk, Edge, Christian, RVD, John Morrison and even The Miz, Kane is not one of those guys who is popular with the fans through his own merit or due to his skills. So when WWE decides not to push him, he sinks into that midcard/jobber slot and is barely noticed. The same goes for guys like Big Show and Mark Henry.

When Kane wore his mask, he was much more marketable. Now he's just a generic big guy who looks out of shape and approaching retirement.

tittle97
08-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Well yes K-Krush is pretty unpredictable but that's what makes him so great. K-Krush is in a league of his own. Him and The Sexual Chocolate have both raised their status and in my opinion, I feel they deserve a title run. Johnny Nitro should learn from them and up his game.

I never liked Mark Henry much in the past, but the monster heel gimmick he has now is very cool.

Poot-Hair
08-28-2011, 07:25 AM
2 words....Katie Vick *walks away gagging and dry heaving*

Chavo.G
08-28-2011, 07:36 AM
I never liked Mark Henry much in the past, but the monster heel gimmick he has now is very cool.

I agree, I agree. I feel sorry for the guy. For 15 years he has paid his dues. Now near the end of his career, he stepped up his game. I believe a title run for him is inevitable.

Y2Jryder
08-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Chris Jericho

tittle97
08-28-2011, 07:53 AM
I agree, I agree. I feel sorry for the guy. For 15 years he has paid his dues. Now near the end of his career, he stepped up his game. I believe a title run for him is inevitable.

I hope he gets the title too actually.
An African-American WHC is LOOOONG overdue, and like you said, he has been with the company for a long time now and I think deserves it.
Also, having a monster heel as a champ is good for both the monster heel, and the wrestler that eventually beats him.
(My money is on Sheamus if Henry actually wins the title)

silverine
08-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Its just how WWE used Kane that he isn't main eventing, but he could do the job. Dolf Ziggler will be main eventing someday in the future, Jack Swagger is terribly under rated. Justin Gabriel is someone who should get some push. Zack Ryder is a guy that could main event due to a huge fanbase but he needs tons of work. What the hell happened to Drew McIntyre? He looked really promising then he just started being seen less and less and landing in WWE Superstars. He deserves better than that, and i believe he could be very good in a main event. Cody Rhodes will go on Main Eventing sometime, Ted Dibiase Jr will do absolutely nothing but job.

SlammasterJ
08-28-2011, 08:57 AM
One perception that I disagreed with when she was still in the WWE was Gail Kim. She was IMO a very underrated diva when in reality she had just about everything needed to entertain. She can wrestle well, she is decent on the mic and she's also very sexy. As far as a male wrestler, I thought MVP had everything needed as well to be a main eventer. Perhaps the WWE had different thoughts about it.

-QUESTION UNRELATED TO THE TOPIC- I am having difficulty with my signature pic/gif as everytime I upload it, I still don't see it on my signature. Can anybody please help me out with this issue? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BlazersDozen
08-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Sorry, but I'm one of the few people who think Kane is very overrated. His past work was ok but ALWAYS a bigger name than he should've been because of being "Undertaker's brother" he's decent in the ring, mic skills are crap unless he's actually getting a push & his gimmic has been stale since 2001. Only good thing about Kane is that he realizes how big of a name he is (that's all he is) so he uses it to put people over ALL the time. I hate when people bitch about how Kane should've had more world titles. No he doesn't. Why would his gimmic allow him to even give a shit about world titles? Why would someone so determined to destroy everyone in his path give a crap about carrying a championship? All his gimmic wants to do is raise hell & kill people. Unless he's face...then he's saving Rey Mysterio & being lovey dovey. Maybe that's where they ruined him...hmm

Y2J___Y2J
08-28-2011, 09:26 AM
I think most of the guys who were very good amateurs.
Ziggler, Swagger, Shelton Benjamin, Haas. Guys who were/are incredible in the ring but weren't pushed and seem like shitty mid-carders.

Russo swerve
08-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Rtruth FTW!!!!!!!

Russo swerve
08-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Its just how WWE used Kane that he isn't main eventing, but he could do the job. Dolf Ziggler will be main eventing someday in the future, Jack Swagger is terribly under rated. Justin Gabriel is someone who should get some push. Zack Ryder is a guy that could main event due to a huge fanbase but he needs tons of work. What the hell happened to Drew McIntyre? He looked really promising then he just started being seen less and less and landing in WWE Superstars. He deserves better than that, and i believe he could be very good in a main event. Cody Rhodes will go on Main Eventing sometime, Ted Dibiase Jr will do absolutely nothing but job.

Ryder is a joke woo woo woo you know it junior

vandalisor
08-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Im a big fan of kane and he will always be remembered but mainly for his feuds with the undertaker than anythin else due to the half brother angle. also i think regal was held back throughout his career and these days rhodes and r truth are being held back but maybe the change of gimmick will help them both!!!!

Rilla
08-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Wait.. Rhodes is being held back?

He's one of the few people WWE is pushing correctly, imo.