PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Hell in the cell...

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 02:33 AM
At what point did the WWE change the size of the cage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxFlOe-Q7EE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcvW-1q3xa4

The matches were so much cooler when the cell was still at a climbable height..

Chavo.G
08-28-2011, 03:10 AM
I think from last year. I remember Matt Striker on commentary saying either something about a new and improved cell or re-structured cell. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was definetly brought up at last years.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 03:17 AM
I think from last year. I remember Matt Striker on commentary saying either something about a new and improved cell or re-structured cell. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was definetly brought up at last years.

I'm still combing youtube, it had to be in like 2009.

It's a shame though because the best part of those matches was the interaction with between the wrestlers and the cage.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-28-2011, 03:23 AM
2009 is when it happened. That was the first year they did the annual PPV.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 03:38 AM
2009 is when it happened. That was the first year they did the annual PPV.

thanks, my man!

NightWolf
08-28-2011, 03:44 AM
I actually liked it when the cage was spread out further away from the ring. It gave the Wrestlers more things to do. It really set the Hell In A Cell match apart from the Elimination Chamber which I believe initially was supposed to be it's successor, so it completely blows my mind that they would have two match concepts that are the same. The only difference between the two are the ending stipulations. The new ring looks very... Shiney! That is all I am going to say about it. Personally I will always be a die hard fan of the Cell that Taker an Mankind fought each other in. Now THAT is a match with endless possibilites.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 04:06 AM
I actually liked it when the cage was spread out further away from the ring. It gave the Wrestlers more things to do. It really set the Hell In A Cell match apart from the Elimination Chamber which I believe initially was supposed to be it's successor, so it completely blows my mind that they would have two match concepts that are the same. The only difference between the two are the ending stipulations. The new ring looks very... Shiney! That is all I am going to say about it. Personally I will always be a die hard fan of the Cell that Taker an Mankind fought each other in. Now THAT is a match with endless possibilites.

I liked the first cell match the best!
But your choice is a close second!

blink
08-28-2011, 04:11 AM
I liked the first cell match the best!
But your choice is a close second!

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!

HeelTurn
08-28-2011, 04:12 AM
Was it not back when they did the DX vs McMahons and Big Show handicap match?

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 04:13 AM

Hey Rob ^

Good find Heel Turn!

By0nd_Perfect
08-28-2011, 05:51 AM

That's what I thought :cool:

MP.Brouser
08-28-2011, 07:24 AM
It was in 2006....

Y2Jryder
08-28-2011, 07:39 AM
a hell in a cell match will never be as good as it was in the past

silverine
08-28-2011, 08:14 AM
I'd never even realized the size had changed.

Y2J___Y2J
08-28-2011, 09:20 AM
They've changed the cell a few times. But I like it bigger. Sure it stops anyone jumping from the top etc but do you think they's be allowed to do that nowadays anyway?! Kids would start jumping off shit. It looks cooler too when its huge.

Blinker
08-28-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm totally for the original, smaller cell. It restricted people moving a whole lot outside the ring, but oh well. I get the fact they "trapped" in the cell, but why not allow them to go outside of it? The first two cell matches are my favorites. The carnage that happened with Shawn and Taker outside was great and it wasn't terribly extreme. I'm not saying I want more people thrown from the top, but they could use the isle way for more space.

I think my biggest gripe with the new cell is that they could easily have an entire match inside and outside the ring without hitting the cell. I'm sure they raised the height so people could jump from the top turnbuckle too. It just doesn't look ominous to me anymore.

AOF666
08-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Maybe it was change to prevent wrestler getting thrown of the top of the cell.

By0nd_Perfect
08-28-2011, 09:46 PM
TBH Hell in a Cell is not a match I look forward to anymore, it is lame in the pg era, the most you will see is a few shoves into the cage and a few weapons used. None of the intense shit that used to happen. IMO I would rather no cell than a match where they use the cell once or twice. There is no more "hell in these cells".
:cool: