PDA

View Full Version : The Plight Of The 3 Time Tag Team Champion

HuGrad
08-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes You know it when someone just lost the tag team belts for the 3rd time and they end up not knowing whats next. They lose the rematch. They get repackaged. They get traded to Raw or Smackdown. They break up the team. Or get this......One of them gets released. I always used to have high expectations of a Superstar if they were able to be crowned tag team champions on a 3rd reign. Tell me what happened with guys like Rob Conway, Bart Gunn, Trevor Murdock, the late Lance Cade, Bill Eadie and Larry Darsow (Demolition), Charlie Haas, Sylvan Grenier (he won it 4 times but the circumstance was the same with him), Animal of LOD, The Quebecers, Rikishi and of course Hardcore Holly. All of these guys careers took a rapid halt for the worse. One of them even died after being brought back. One eventually got released and TNA wouldnt give him a decent run. As prestigious as a 3 time title reign is, it resembles a curse. Can anyone relate to this?

Androo
08-27-2011, 07:23 PM
I don't really get this? I think dieing is a pretty big nosedive, but Cade could have maybe done a wee bit more in the biz if he, sadly, didn't passaway. So I dunno, I went for Rob Conway???

Y2J___Y2J
08-27-2011, 08:56 PM
I went with Haas. He had all the goods in the ring but wasn't exactly brilliant on the mic. He could have been something big, along with Shelton Benjamin. Both should have been put towards the world title belt. Maybe not be the face of the company but a very good transitional champion

tad locust
08-27-2011, 09:04 PM
I went with Conway simply because I really liked the gimmick he had after La Resistance dissolved and think he deserved a bigger push.Rikishi and Holly were both given big pushes but didn't get over enough.Hass had no mic skills.The rest were just tag team wrestlers at best. in my opinion.

VanHooliganX
08-28-2011, 05:19 AM
Holly.
Best he ever got was Royal Rumble 2004 vs. Lesnar. Apart from that he job'd a lot and beat people up for stupid reasons.

ObscureRessurection
08-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Lance Cade showed a lot of potential after his team with Trevor Murdoch ceased. Then he had some issues that kept him from working with the WWE.

^ RIP.

HuGrad
08-28-2011, 08:59 AM
my thing was that Cade was released twice by wwe. on that note i thought he was passed up already.......

68wPayne
08-28-2011, 09:09 AM
I said Rikishi because as much as I love Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, Rikishi really was the total package. He was a big man who was really agile for his size, he was charasmatic, he had the look, I would even say he had the It factor. Charlie wasn't good enough on the mic to go all the way to the top, IC champ sure, and Shelton I heard it was his own fault that he didn't progress. I think I read an interview with Foley and he said something along those lines, I would cite it but it was a while back. Really Rikishi should have been a World Champ