PDA

View Full Version : EWNCW or JBW?

K2Jelly
08-27-2011, 11:49 AM
As pretty much everyone knows, EWNCW and JBW are the top two eWN efed promotions on the site. With that being said, there's obviously some animosity brewing between the rival federations which has led to users promoting the fed they're in their signatures. But for people like me, who want to join a fed but can't make up their minds, we're in a dilemma. We have yet to experience either fed and can feel a little uneasy about deciding which place to invest our free time into. So I created this thread in order to give representatives of each promotion(managers, writers, wrestlers, etc.) to convince everyone why their fed is the best and why we should join it. While I realize this creates an opportunity for trashtalking to arise, thus leading to inevitable derailment, I would like to ask those who wish to vouch for their fed to keep the flaming to a minimum for the sake of your fed and efedding on this site all together. If it be possible, I request that this thread be stickied by one of our mods. If a thread similar to this has been previously created, then I will accept the closing of this thread. Thank you for your time.

K2Jelly
08-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Also, other promotions are allowed to represent here, too.

Automatic
08-27-2011, 12:09 PM
It should be EWNCW vs. JBW. Internet Wars V1.0

broc808
08-27-2011, 12:24 PM
im gonna be bias her but HWA is the best you see HWA will soon be doing something no fed has done and that is to go virtual we will soon be presenting our shows on youtube on samckdown vs raw 11 HWA is the best

K2Jelly
08-27-2011, 12:31 PM
im gonna be bias her but HWA is the best you see HWA will soon be doing something no fed has done and that is to go virtual we will soon be presenting our shows on youtube on samckdown vs raw 11 HWA is the best

You're allowed to be as biased as you want?

broc808
08-27-2011, 12:34 PM
You're allowed to be as biased as you want?

so did you make this thread to figure out what e fed you want to join

K2Jelly
08-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Yes. Also, it helps others who are at crossroads like me.

HolyJose2391
08-27-2011, 03:24 PM
JBW or AWF are the way to go :)

eboy
08-27-2011, 03:38 PM
JBW's a good Fed but its packed the Oppertunities are in EWNCW Right now we are always evolutionary and lead the way it would be great to have you on board and anyone else who wants to be involved in a Great show witha Great bunch of guys

HeelTurn
08-27-2011, 03:40 PM
There is a friendly rivalry but thats it, other than 1 or 2 bad eggs. JBW is jampacked but its still a great fed, EWNCW does things in a different way and thats good to. As far as the 3 indie feds go again theyre all worth a look, especially the AWF.

eboy
08-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Heel Turn is right but i still think EWNCW has more room to Create stars

Tommy Thunder
08-27-2011, 03:43 PM
JBW's a good Fed but its packed the Oppertunities are in EWNCW Right now we are always evolutionary and lead the way it would be great to have you on board and anyone else who wants to be involved in a Great show witha Great bunch of guys

This. JBW's roster is very large at the moment, and you might get lost in the shuffle there.
EWNCW have spaces ready and available.

S.E. Zero
08-27-2011, 03:46 PM
I suggest doing the same thing I'm doing as Jason Alexander which is making a name for myself along the smaller e-feds (HWA, BWA and of course the AWF where I am currently their top champion) before joining a bigger fed since they already have so much going on.

Its a great way to shine and rise through the ranks and truly become the face of a company like Siaki and Shuriken are to their respective brands.

Think about it and you can join one or hell all three of 'em like I did and really stand out even if its not in the corporate juggernauts known as JBW or EWNCW, believe me the AWF, BWA and HWA are great choices for all new people to try out.

thejman93
08-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Heel Turn is right but i still think EWNCW has more room to Create stars

This. JBW's roster is very large at the moment, and you might get lost in the shuffle there.
EWNCW have spaces ready and available.

Our roster is huge at the moment but I guarantee if you put the effort in, we'll find a place for ya.

HeelTurn
08-27-2011, 03:48 PM
If need be join 2 feds, join one of the juggernauts and then maybe an indie fed to, thats what I did and its great fun, Id even join a 3rd if I had the time.

eboy
08-27-2011, 03:50 PM
everybody loves Juggernaughts

Rich Cranium
08-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Yoda says the solution is to flip a coin.

HeelTurn
08-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Yoda says the solution is to flip a coin.

Actually what he said was, to flip a coin the solution is.

Rich Cranium
08-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Actually what he said was, to flip a coin the solution is.

Lol, I guess I would cluck that answer up on Jeopardy! :)

K2Jelly
08-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks for investing your time into helping me out, guys. I'll make my decision once school starts for me in two days. However, if you could also answer the following questions, I'd really appreciate it.

What are the usual deadlines for promos?
How do you organize your shows?
What's the limit for promos each person can do?
When are shows posted?

I'll probably have more, but I'd really appreciate it if you ask these questions for me. Also, thanks for keeping this mature.

eboy
08-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks for investing your time into helping me out, guys. I'll make my decision once school starts for me in two days. However, if you could also answer the following questions, I'd really appreciate it.

When are shows posted?

I'll probably have more, but I'd really appreciate it if you ask these questions for me. Also, thanks for keeping this mature.

deadlines for Promos in EWNCW are pretty lack we will wait aslong as u need the guys are usaully pretty good tho

EWNCW has two brands Rage and Inferno most gusy work Crossbrand seen as we dont have set brands yet both brands have seperate Creative teams this allows ideas to be fully proscessed and run by someone else

Rage is on a monday night Inferno is on a thursday PPVs are on Sundays

Promos could be whatever u wanted weather u can do 1 or want to do 3 i am sure creative would oblige

Krysys
08-27-2011, 09:42 PM
I am here to mention BWA, the most unique e-fed here on EWN, we do things a bit different where as tag teams are the basis on BWA. If you got a friend or has the creative mind more multiple characters you should think about joining BWA. BWA is pretty new,so chances are you will be used much more.

Tommy Thunder
08-27-2011, 09:49 PM

When are shows posted?

eboy pretty much explained the EWNCW process there for you.

The deadlines for promos are very flexible, and totally up to you. As long as they get in before the show's post time, it's fine.

2 Brands, with no definitive rosters (yet), so it's possible for you to appear on both shows. We have 4 writers; 2 for Rage and 2 for Inferno (our 2 brands). But all 4 have a hand in creating all storylines.

There's no limit for the amount of promos you do. For the shows, it's usually 1 per show we'll be asking for, but your free to cut your own promos on out discussion thread. These promos can relate to the feud your currently involved in, or on another talent in the company you don't (keyfabe) like. We also have an interview system, where you can be interviewed by one of our resident interviewers. You simply ask for an interview, and one of us will be with you as soon as possible with a Pm containing questions. You then need only send that back to us, and we'll post it on the thread!

Rage is posted on Monday nights, and Inferno is posted on Thursday nights. PPV's ar on Sundays. We aim to post all shows by 11pm GMT. Since our creative team is mostly made up of UK based guys, but at the same time, we also have to think about the other guys in the fed, we find this is the time that best suits all.

If you have any more questions etc, please don't hesitate to PM me or any of the EWNCW guys!!

In all honesty though, whichever company you chose, you'll have fun. Both are very good and well run feds, so you won't be disappointed either way.

HolyJose2391
08-28-2011, 12:37 AM

When are shows posted?

On behalf of AWF

There is no deadline for the promos I usually send out PMs a few days before the show to give you guys enough time to come up with something.

Organization of the show is there is one show Zero Gravity and it focus' mainly on the cruiserweight/ X-Division kinda of guys and have two titles the AWF World Title and the AWF Super Fly Title (it's the second tier championship)

I will usually ask how many promos are needed but most of the time it's one promo and depending if it's a backstage, in ring or before match promo it is specified.

Every friday night you can check out AWF Zero Gravity

VanHooliganX
08-28-2011, 12:39 AM
As pretty much everyone knows, EWNCW and JBW are the top two eWN efed promotions on the site. With that being said, there's obviously some animosity brewing between the rival federations which has led to users promoting the fed they're in their signatures. But for people like me, who want to join a fed but can't make up their minds, we're in a dilemma. We have yet to experience either fed and can feel a little uneasy about deciding which place to invest our free time into. So I created this thread in order to give representatives of each promotion(managers, writers, wrestlers, etc.) to convince everyone why their fed is the best and why we should join it. While I realize this creates an opportunity for trashtalking to arise, thus leading to inevitable derailment, I would like to ask those who wish to vouch for their fed to keep the flaming to a minimum for the sake of your fed and efedding on this site all together. If it be possible, I request that this thread be stickied by one of our mods. If a thread similar to this has been previously created, then I will accept the closing of this thread. Thank you for your time.

So K2Jelly. Which do you think won? :)

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-28-2011, 12:48 AM
You should have made this a poll, lol.

broc808
08-28-2011, 12:48 AM

When are shows posted?

for HWA

no deadlines as most e feds are

we have a show thread so shows dont get lost in 1 thread

normally 1 but more if needed

HWA is on thursday but we are expirencing a very odd schedule right now and anything could change

PandaMassacre
08-28-2011, 01:20 AM
I have been with both efeds. They are both great to work with. I think JBW has way too many established efedders, but everybody gets involved an you get your chance to showcase your writing skills.

Also, if JBW is so piled up then why not make a tag team division? lol The Silver Bros need somebody to bang... heads with in the ring! Herhuhruhruer!

SilverGhost
08-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Both EWNCW and JBW are awesome feds and shows.

broc808
08-28-2011, 01:25 AM
I have been with both efeds. They are both great to work with. I think JBW has way too many established efedders, but everybody gets involved an you get your chance to showcase your writing skills.

Also, if JBW is so piled up then why not make a tag team division? lol The Silver Bros need somebody to bang... heads with in the ring! Herhuhruhruer!

ive been suggesting to creative a development brand like 08 ECW witch i still think would work great but they just dont listen

K2Jelly
08-28-2011, 04:28 AM
Once again, thanks for answering my questions. I got a look at not only JBW and EWNCW, but other Feds as well. However, I still have one more question.

How are the winners of matches decided?

In other words, is your fed a place where the winner is chosen by the quality of his/her promo or is it decided by the participants in the match when the predetermined winner is selected by preferences agreed on by the participants?

ObscureRessurection
08-28-2011, 05:01 AM
I believe they are pre-determined, but JBW has been using a new program lately called "The Hat" which is a program that chooses a name out of a list of other names at random. Lets say that we place down Jackson Brown vs. Cornholio.. The hat would shuffle between the names before resting on one single name. That would be the winner I suppose. But I have not been stalking the feds enough to unearth that much information. I hope this helped. /End.

broc808
08-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Once again, thanks for answering my questions. I got a look at not only JBW and EWNCW, but other Feds as well. However, I still have one more question.

In other words, is your fed a place where the winner is chosen by the quality of his/her promo or is it decided by the participants in the match when the predetermined winner is selected by preferences agreed on by the participants?

Well with HWA deciding a winner is based on many things what story line they are involves with, how good i like their gimmick/character, and promo skills sometimes its basically the WWE and im Vince McMahon

chunkkynutzzz
08-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Join EwncW
and/or AWF/BWA

The Best 3 Feds

TheBeardOfZeus
08-28-2011, 02:23 PM

On my experience, EWNCW Creative tend to decide the winner due to promo skills, that is the best way to impress.

An interesting character, allowing your promo's to get the audience interested in you and standing out from the crowd is the best way.

And also to be an active member, if you want to be noticed, be under the noses all the time and get into discussions with the whole roster, it's easily the best of ways to get noticed and making people start wanting to back you.

Enforcer23
08-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Well with HWA deciding a winner is based on many things what story line they are involves with, how good i like their gimmick/character, and promo skills sometimes its basically the WWE and im Vince McMahon

ahhahahh complete ownage love it

ok im here for JBW...its an awesome place to be creative...you have full control over you charecter and can even pitch ideas for fueds...just like i did now ive got a great fued going...we have great writers in dubs, kash, SES, TDA(i still think his apart of creative) romanflare and rated_R(ob)KO...we are trying new things such as more interactive having your own entrance video and alot more....alot of that is thanks to rated_R(ob)KO....all in all we deffintly know what were doing and size of our roster doe not mean you will be lost at all...our writers know how to handle alot of things and they are handling the roster situation easy...and ofcause all the guys here are friendly offer great advice and are here to have fun in the best e-fed out :cool:

RomanFlare
08-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Why is this in the teapot and not the E-Fed section?

broc808
08-28-2011, 02:41 PM

I was actually about to ask that you box of douche bags. lol

Leggo
08-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Why is this in the tea spot and not the E-Fed section?

*quickly runs in and fixes it... Runs out again*

HeelTurn
08-28-2011, 02:45 PM

As an Englishman Im offended you were putting things in a teapot other than tea...

Rich Cranium
08-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Also, if JBW is so piled up then why not make a tag team division?

If you want to be in a tag team, I would say the BWA is your best option since that is the priority there.

Vegas
08-28-2011, 03:36 PM
EWNCW is a great place. They are real good about trying give everyone a decent push. As for AWF/HWA/BWA they are considered the indies. I must say thought that even though BWA is the newest of the 3 they are quickly dominating the indie leagues. EWNCW or BWA are your best bets

TheBeardOfZeus
08-28-2011, 04:07 PM
I think, from what I've seen from you on this site K2Jelly, you'd be a great addition to EWNCW, and just watch tonight, we will put on a great PPV to show you why.

Rich Cranium
08-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Maybe you should try the RCE. It's a startup company that has yet to sign talent. A great place to start as there is literally no competition as of this posting.

K2Jelly
08-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Nah, Rich. I'm a competitor. :)

Anyways, thanks for letting me know how your feds work. I've already made my decision and I'll PM my resume ASAP. I'll try not to take what I've learned to waste.

Manabu
08-29-2011, 11:22 AM
JBW is a very big promotion but it offers you so many chances to feud with other people and theres always an oppurtunity to do something big or pioneer a new belt. I mean I began working with 3 other guys and the stable quickly evolved, now theres like 5 guys who want my ass on a platter! (storyline wise of course) but jbw is very storyline driven with a lot of focus on promos. EWNCW is more match focused but theres always a storyline to follow with a few promos but its a very good promotion with a lot of prestige considering they are the first ever e-fed. i'm biased because I work for jbw but dont let the glitz and popularity of it sway you to join, you should make a good decision based on how you want to work.
Jbw involves a lot of writing and with such a big thriving roster its hard to stand out but youll always be part of the show so really its down to preference

KJ PUNK
08-29-2011, 06:59 PM
What is this? Like the free agency thread?

thejman93
08-29-2011, 07:05 PM
What is this? Like the free agency thread?

Somethin' like that, yeah KJ.

KJ PUNK
08-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Somethin' like that, yeah KJ.

Forever Free Agent!

broc808
08-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Forever Free Agent!

are you saying you are a free agent

S.E. Zero
08-30-2011, 12:20 AM
are you saying you are a free agent

Oh no....the sharks are coming soon lol

KJ PUNK
08-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Oh no....the sharks are coming soon lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4

Yes, I'm a free agent. But I don't plan on joining an e-fed at all.

S.E. Zero
08-30-2011, 12:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4

Yes, I'm a free agent. But I don't plan on joining an e-fed at all.

That wont stop them from trying besides why create a persona and announce yourself as a free agent if you're not gonna go to any e-fed? Unless your planning of making your own, thats my best guess.

KJ PUNK
08-30-2011, 12:55 AM
That wont stop them from trying besides why create a persona and announce yourself as a free agent if you're not gonna go to any e-fed? Unless your planning of making your own, thats my best guess.

I didn't create a persona. I just saw this thread and read the first page and asked if this was basically a free agent thread. Then I made a joke. I don't think I'd ever get around to making myself a character and doing all the e-fedding stuff.

S.E. Zero
08-30-2011, 12:58 AM
I didn't create a persona. I just saw this thread and read the first page and asked if this was basically a free agent thread. Then I made a joke. I don't think I'd ever get around to making myself a character and doing all the e-fedding stuff.

Ah. My mistake then sorry about that.

broc808
08-30-2011, 12:58 AM

no problem with that but if you change your mind shoot me a PM

KJ PUNK
08-30-2011, 01:02 AM
haha. If i DO create an e-fed it will probably be with Dubs. He's been messaging me since I've joined the site lol.

Enforcer23
08-30-2011, 01:03 AM
no problem with that but if you change your mind shoot me a PM

JBW JBW JBW...sorry guys had to do it :)

broc808
08-30-2011, 01:03 AM
haha. If i DO create an e-fed it will probably be with Dubs. He's been messaging me since I've joined the site lol.

lol dubs is pretty good at that but JBW is a great place as well while I write for HWA im also competing on JBW both are great

steveorton
08-31-2011, 07:26 AM
JBW, I'm jus sayin...

VanHooliganX
11-10-2011, 08:10 PM
EWA ;D

You're just jealous cause we have a dental plan bonus!

So nyeh! :P

K2Jelly
11-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Can a mod please move this to the EFED section?

Rich
01-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Hey guys I am very new to this whole e-fed thing but it sounds like good fun.
I have got a little lost on the main screen (probs not what it is called) so a little advice would be brill.

Tommy Thunder
01-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Hey guys I am very new to this whole e-fed thing but it sounds like good fun.
I have got a little lost on the main screen (probs not what it is called) so a little advice would be brill.

Ok, as an experienced e-fedder, and the owner of the oldest e-fed here (EWNCW), here's what I'd advise.

If you're new to the concept, start off in one of the 'indy' feds. Those would be HWA (although this one is bridging on becoming a 'big' e-fed), AWF (e-fed that focuses on high flying superstars), BWA (tag team only fed, so you can create a tag team and join here if you like, or find someone to team with), Alpha Revolution, (a new e-fed with big plans ahead) or EWA (another new e-fed).

After you become more familiar with the scene, you may consider to join one of the bigger e-feds; EWNCW (my e-fed) or JBW.

Alternatively, if you think you'd like a challenge, you can dive in and join one of the big ones straight away.
At the end of the day, it's your call, but it's a lot of fun wherever you go.

Any more questions, just PM me if you'd like :)

Rich
01-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the advice mate.
I think I'll start small and work my way up.

Just a few questions though....I get the impression you create your own character? but how does this whole process work? does someone decide what happens with said character and asks you for content for said thing that is happening?

and do i contact the owners directly or use the threads(is that right lol)

but yeah all in all this sounds like a good release from the stresses of real life lol

Torphy
01-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the advice mate.
I think I'll start small and work my way up.

Just a few questions though....I get the impression you create your own character? but how does this whole process work? does someone decide what happens with said character and asks you for content for said thing that is happening?

and do i contact the owners directly or use the threads(is that right lol)

but yeah all in all this sounds like a good release from the stresses of real life lol

If I might interject, you're correct in that you create your own character, although there is also a new fed called IWF, where you may also be a wrestler that actually exists, or existed (deceased).

The way feds tend to work is you describe the type of character you are, your gimmick, heel or face status, and move sets etc. The creative team of that thread will then come up with feuds and storylines for you based on what is needed at that time, though they will attempt to match your requests as best as possible.

You can contact the owners directly, although most feds have a roster thread for applications too. It's up to you which one you use :)

When you're placed in a feud, or a match, you may be asked for a 'promo' for your character, basic advice and instructions are usually given but you tend to be given creative control over your own segments.

I hope this has helped, i'm not going to suggest any feds to you as you're the best judge of your own needs, but you don't need to restrict yourself to one fed, you can take part in as many as you like!

Rich
01-24-2012, 05:31 PM
If I might interject, you're correct in that you create your own character, although there is also a new fed called IWF, where you may also be a wrestler that actually exists, or existed (deceased).

The way feds tend to work is you describe the type of character you are, your gimmick, heel or face status, and move sets etc. The creative team of that thread will then come up with feuds and storylines for you based on what is needed at that time, though they will attempt to match your requests as best as possible.

You can contact the owners directly, although most feds have a roster thread for applications too. It's up to you which one you use :)

When you're placed in a feud, or a match, you may be asked for a 'promo' for your character, basic advice and instructions are usually given but you tend to be given creative control over your own segments.

I hope this has helped, i'm not going to suggest any feds to you as you're the best judge of your own needs, but you don't need to restrict yourself to one fed, you can take part in as many as you like!

thanks for your help and advice mate

THEKEVINBRAND
01-24-2012, 06:02 PM
-Name:

-Height:

-Finisher:

-Face or Heel:

-Bio to describe your character:

-Theme Song (youtube link preferred)

Y2Jryder
01-25-2012, 12:58 PM
What the hell is an EFed? I'm just too lazy to read the whole damn thing

Sully
02-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Can I choose HWA instead?

Broc
02-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Can I choose HWA instead?

No, EWNCW and JBW are the only feds on eWN.

.... but HWA is better.

B-MCINTYRE
02-23-2012, 11:12 PM
No, EWNCW and JBW are the only feds on eWN.

.... but HWA is better.

Are you sure you got that right Broc?

Tommy Thunder
02-24-2012, 02:12 AM
No, EWNCW and HWA are the only feds on eWN.

Fixed for ya.

B-MCINTYRE
02-24-2012, 02:15 AM
Fixed for ya.

That looks more correct to me.

VanHooliganX
02-24-2012, 04:03 AM
Fixed for ya.

OOOOOH MAH GOODNESS!

Dat low blow :P lol