PDA

View Full Version : Paul Burchill

the wrestling shade
08-27-2011, 11:37 AM
In all honesty, this gimmick would fit better in our current PG era. and even though SmackDown was PG while this gimmick was used. they still scrapped it for unknown reasons, They totally dropped the ball with this...this could of been something great!
what do you think guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4vOl6SQL_U&feature=related

Enforcer23
08-27-2011, 11:40 AM
yeah he knew how to do the gimmick quite well but it doesint relate to me im not a kid so im glad they scrapped it

SESAfro
08-27-2011, 11:46 AM
yeah he knew how to do the gimmick quite well but it doesint relate to me im not a kid so im glad they scrapped it
But kids love pirates.

I loved that gimmick, especially his enterance with that lovely rope swing. Bring this guy back!

PrimusSucks
08-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Burchill was injured, then demoted to ECW where for some reason he jobbed to everyone ever, sad how his career ended up. Fun fact that when he was released in 09 he had two victories on in that year, one against the Boogyman, the other against The Hurricane.

TheRockerGother
08-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Great guy great talent don't know why they let the gimmick go it could have been something in this era.

Trip_Fisk
08-27-2011, 01:28 PM
In all honesty, this gimmick would fit better in our current PG era. and even though SmackDown was PG while this gimmick was used. they still scrapped it for unknown reasons, They totally dropped the ball with this...this could of been something great!
what do you think guys?

I heared from an old interview with Wrestlecrap.com that when Vince wanted a pirate character he wanted a swashbuckling baffon. He had never seen the Johnny Depp movies so he didn't get the portaral that Insestual Pirate Paul was pulling off.

Asherdelampyr
08-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Great guy great talent don't know why they let the gimmick go it could have been something in this era.

I fully agree with this
and they could have kept Brian Kendrick, and had the first pirate tag team, it would have been awesomely ridiculous

HeelTurn
08-27-2011, 03:36 PM
If memory serves this was when pirates were popular with kids due to the Pirates of the Carribean movies, stupid timing for the WWE.