PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle says He's The Best Wrestler...Ever!

ELNIOJR
08-26-2011, 06:08 PM
He had this to say on his Twitter:

I Am The Best Wrestler Ever. Nobody Can Do What I Do. I’m the Best Period. If Anyone thinks Differently they Are Idiots. I Will Make Oly … Have Respect from Mma Fighters. Eddie Alverez. Others too. I Am The Best Ever. I Will Prove It!!! I Will Make Olympic Team. I Have the Ability. If U Don’t Believe, just Watch. GOD Bless.

Then 5 hours later, he added:

But Shawn Michaels,Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan, Taker,Even Hhh Put in the time to Be the Greatest.The Best and the Greatest r 2 Separate things

Well, somebody is not gonna like this. Another exchanging of words is coming. Unless his account was hacked again...

maar13
08-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Well I hope he makes it to the team. As far him being the best....Well, If he doesn't believe it himself no one else will, so is a good attitude, for me he is not but that is just me.

TheRockerGother
08-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Everyone has a different opinion so I'm not gonna b*tch and moan (not saying you or anyone else is) but Punk says he's the greatest,Jericho,Ric Flair do to so every wrestler (some) who's loved tend to say that but I agree with Angle right now he's the best in my opinion.

URATOOL
08-26-2011, 06:37 PM
If wrestling was actually a real sport and the matches weren't predetermined, I'd say he could well have been in the top five of the last 30 years. He has always been very technically sound and has a very wide range of moves. Lets face it the guy actually won gold at the olympics. Best ever.........hmmm........Maybe not.

Mr.Turtle
08-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Kurts put on some impressive matches, but he's not the best ever.

Tommy Thunder
08-26-2011, 06:41 PM
He's the best pure wrestler ever IMO.
Greatest all round performer though? No. Shawn Michaels is that winner in my book, marginally surpassing Ric Flair.

CobraNightviper
08-26-2011, 06:44 PM
I agree I think hbk is the best.
Greatest all round performer though? No. Shawn Michaels is that winner in my book, marginally surpassing Ric Flair.

NightWolf
08-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Eddie Guerrero an Chris Benoit would like to have a word with him. Kurt Angle may think that he is the best wrestler ever, but that would just prove that he is clinging to some kind of relevance. There are other wrestlers out there that could run laps around him. I think Samoa Joe comes pretty close in that department.

maar13
08-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Well but like I said before guys, he has to believe it himself, other wise he would be one of the rest.

In a business were co-workers and fans(like me) tell you that you are not the Best, unless you believe it yourself no one else will, so Kudos to Kurt for the attitude.

NightWolf
08-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Well but like I said before guys, he has to believe it himself, other wise he would be one of the rest.

In a business were co-workers and fans(like me) tell you that you are not the Best, unless you believe it yourself no one else will, so Kudos to Kurt for the attitude.

It is also called arrogance when you toot your own horn. He should have been wise about it an said it as an on screen persona like Chris Jericho an CM Punk did. Now everyone goes around calling them the "Best In The Industry". If they would have taken it to Twitter then they would have got a negative backlash because of it.

Bodom
08-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Somebody's been drinking again!

Danielle20SxE
08-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Well, he is the best ever.

Tommy Thunder
08-26-2011, 07:04 PM
He is the best wrestler ever IMHO. There isn't a Kurt Angle match that I wasn't a fan of.

Both quoted for truth. IMO He is the best wrestler ever. Period.

tnafanwwehater
08-26-2011, 07:06 PM

honestly hbk has been given the spot. as for kurt angle hes the greatest wrestler. not one bad match i can name of kurt angle. Hbk is good but i think angle is better. as far as ric flair goes. hes all about psychology he makes u get into his character.

Asherdelampyr
08-26-2011, 07:06 PM
he has been called "The best pure wrestler in the industry" by numerous sources... He is arguably one of the best wrestlers there have ever been, what's wrong with him promoting himself?

Danielle20SxE
08-26-2011, 07:08 PM
He has the right to be cocky. He's Kurt Freaking Angle.

AirBourne
08-26-2011, 07:08 PM

Correction:

ONE of the best ever.

- I think he is amongst the elite, but not the best ever to be honest. I think he is the best pure wrestler straight up, no doubt, and that shouldn't be argued, but best overall, I have to think HBK or someone else up there is the best overall.

Tommy Thunder
08-26-2011, 07:09 PM
honestly hbk has been given the spot. as for kurt angle hes the greatest wrestler. not one bad match i can name of kurt angle. Hbk is good but i think angle is better. as far as ric flair goes. hes all about psychology he makes u get into his character.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me. I suspect you're agreeing with me, but just to clarify:
Kurt Angle is the best wrestler ever
HBK is he best performer ever.

Asherdelampyr
08-26-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me. I suspect you're agreeing with me, but just to clarify:
I totally agree with this

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Kurt Angle's the best. No doubt about it.

AirBourne
08-26-2011, 07:13 PM

That is what I am trying to get at with saying best overall, I feel that Angle is the best wrestler ever, just straight up, no doubt, no argument here or should be argued. But I feel that HBK is best overall, or best performer as you say.

Bodom
08-26-2011, 07:15 PM
... it's not real

Tommy Thunder
08-26-2011, 07:16 PM
... it's not real

No, it's not real, it's true!

It's DAMN true!!

BiG-NeL
08-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Kurt Angle has had some really amazing matches in WWE & TNA . I honestly think he is in the top 5 of all time ! Who else can actually wrestle , cut promos , perform briliiantly as a heel or face like he does ???? Not alot of people , and he is a FUCKIN OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST TOO !

ratedy2jayz
08-26-2011, 07:19 PM
I kinda think Danielson could take Kurt in an octagon though.

Bodom
08-26-2011, 07:19 PM
He won that gold medal 15 years ago.

AirBourne
08-26-2011, 07:21 PM

He is currently trying to go to the 2012 Olympics, for all we know, he could win it all if he makes the US team or come close, so who knows?

Bodom
08-26-2011, 07:23 PM
He is currently trying to go to the 2012 Olympics, for all we know, he could win it all if he makes the US team or come close, so who knows?

He could also not qualify too.

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 07:23 PM

I have a feeling you were responsible for the tag?

Bodom
08-26-2011, 07:24 PM
I have a feeling you were responsible for the tag?

Nope. Wasn't me.

Asherdelampyr
08-26-2011, 07:24 PM

If I won a Gold Medal in any sport, I would spend the rest of my life wearing a shirt bragging about it
especially if I won it on a broken neck

tnafanwwehater
08-26-2011, 07:25 PM

yes u put it perfect :). And i do agree with u :)

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Nope. Wasn't me.

Why do I not believe you? *glares suspiciously*

Bodom
08-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Why do I not believe you? *glares suspiciously*

You have no reason to not believe me.

I also kinda know who did make it.

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Looks like a new one was made.

Bodom
08-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Not very clever either. I expect better from someone who's apart of a "creative group" If you're gonna take a shot at me at least make it funny.

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Anyways, I don't understand why Angle needed to tweet this. It seems like he's being driven by megalomania recently, especially with him yapping about trying out for the Olympics.

Y2J___Y2J
08-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Kurt Angle is arguably the greatest technician in the ring .. but he's not up there with HBK/Taker/Flair in terms of storytelling in the ring..

I think it would be good the pro wrestling if Angle made the Olympic team again. Get some attention and maybe some new fans.!

Tommy Thunder
08-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Not very clever either. I expect better from someone who's apart of a "creative group" If you're gonna take a shot at me at least make it funny.

Come on man, I thought you of all people could take a joke!! Why would I 'take a shot' at you?!

Bodom
08-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Come on man, I thought you of all people could take a joke!! Why would I 'take a shot' at you?!

I can take a joke. Yours just wasn't very funny ;)

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 07:45 PM

D'aaaawwwww, you lil' rascal!

Tommy Thunder
08-26-2011, 07:47 PM
I can take a joke. Yours just wasn't very funny ;)

Well, what can I say, I'm a bad comedian :D
I've removed it out of respect though.

Bodom
08-26-2011, 07:49 PM
FYI. It's Gomorrah not gamora. Still funny though. Thank you.

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I don't even know what the new one means.

Bodom
Well, what can I say, I'm a bad comedian :D
I've removed it out of respect though.

I'd hope out of respect for yourself until you come up with a better one :)

Bodom
Yeah, I don't even know what the new one means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodom_and_Gomorrah

Tommy Thunder
08-26-2011, 07:51 PM
I'd hope out of respect for yourself until you come up with a better one :)

Owww!! Damn, now I'll never go to bed!!

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 07:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodom_and_Gomorrah

Oh. Tee hee.

Markedoutforlife
08-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah kurts a good amatuer wrestler, but promo skills and psychology are still lacking after how many years? Thanks for the spell check bro

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Yeah kurts a good amatuer wrestler, but promo skills and psychology are still lacking after how many years? Thanks for the spell check bro

Huh? Ghuhhhh

BY GAWD
08-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Eddie Guerrero an Chris Benoit would like to have a word with him. Kurt Angle may think that he is the best wrestler ever, but that would just prove that he is clinging to some kind of relevance. There are other wrestlers out there that could run laps around him. I think Samoa Joe comes pretty close in that department.

Eddie g a better wrestler than angle? Blasphemy. Kurt is the best wrestler, not superstar, wrestler.

capn-edu
08-26-2011, 08:14 PM
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/demotivational-posters-sense.jpg

just like kurt angle

Danielle20SxE
08-26-2011, 08:15 PM
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/demotivational-posters-sense.jpg

just like kurt angle

That picture makes sense to me.

capn-edu
08-26-2011, 08:16 PM
That picture makes sense to me.

uff i thought i was the only one..

Danielle20SxE
08-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Two Nuns having fun in the park.

Hannibal
08-26-2011, 08:38 PM
I'd agree with Kurt.
I think all around he is the best the business has ever seen. His careers in the WWE, Japan, and TNA have all been something to marvel at. Personal issues aside, I think he's the single best wrestler around today. Greatest of all time; he'd be in the top five for sure.

Fluffyman101
08-26-2011, 08:59 PM
he was doing it in character nothing else

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 09:01 PM
he was doing it in character nothing else

Which is why he mentioned other wrestlers from the rival company by name.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Ok first Kurt Angle and everyone has to understand the diffrence from prowrestling and olympic style wresting, they are completly different.

Is Kurt Angle the best collegiate Wrestler? I dont know dont follow it... He Won a gold medal which makes him Great, but therr has been 100s other wrestlers that have won a gold medal in wrestling in the history of Wrestling in the Olympics, so he has a argument by winning the Gold Medals but it dont mean he is without a doubt the best.

Is Kurt Angle the best in ring wrestler in Prowrestling? NO, Simply put......... Chris Benoit was leap and bounds better than Angle. Benoit Could actually sell and he made people look good, he had a better idea how to flow a match, he didnt put a rest hold on in the middle of a incredible sequence moves to kill a match.... Benoit was simply better... so was Michaels... so was Bret Hart... so was Steve Austin... the list goes on and on....so its stupid to consider Angle the best ever cause Angle as been a shell of what he once was since 2005-2006... his Joe matches were disappointing, his TNA run hasnt had many great or classic matches. Not to mention Kurt Angle in the last year at WWE, wasnt what he once was, he was no longer match of the night.... so i dont see How Kurt considers himself the best ever.

The Brown One
08-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Well, somebody is not gonna like this. Another exchanging of words is coming. Unless his account was hacked again...

I love how you added that at the end.

Kurt's cocky, no doubt about it. But hes got a claim as to being the best wrestler. But I don't think hes the best. In the top 5, but not the best. In terms of wrestling ability, hes right up there with HBK, Bret Hart and Kobashi.

monctonvike
08-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Well he seemed in character to me when he said it. I don't think he is the first, or will be the last to make this claim this month let alone ever

I can't say I am the biggest angle mark, much like I can say I never really liked shawn micheals but I could never deny his talent or the respect he has earned in this business. Angle belongs in the discussion of greatest today, and ever in my opinion.

I look at the three world champs today, adr up and coming guy that beat on mysterio for a year and maybe be something special forever, at this point though he is what like a year in the wwe? Orton well he is over, and famous but you always feel that he got his belts the last few years cause they had no one else. In the ring he is talented on the mic ever since he turned into a snake he has had a sleeper hold on the mic in my opinion. Also orton has had some off the field issues at times as well. Angle has had an amazing career against legends like hogan,sting,the rock, Brock Lesner ect ect and stars of today like aj styles, mr anderson and samoa joe He can wrestle almost any style, he can carry the mic and just about anyone in a match. All of his out of the ring, issues aside no doubt about it angle is one of the best of all time

Is he the very best, well I am glad he sent out the second tweet, but I don't blame him for believing that he is, its a compelling case

blink
08-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Oh Kurt.... Shawn micheals is called the show stopper for a reason. Not even mr angle could follow him. He's definitely in the top 3 in my book though!

THE_CRIPPLER
08-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I do think Kurt Angle is a better wrestler then Chris Benoit. Kurt has had many more great matches then Benoit but I know some will disagree.

Kurt Angle has had some classic and underrated matches in TNA. His match with Mr. Anderson at Lockdown and his match with Desmond Wolfe at Turning Point were great. I also enjoyed his match with Jeff Hardy at No Surrender.

Great sasuke and Chris Benoit in Japan
the WM20 tripple threat
Chrs Benoit vs Chris Jericho Ladder match
Bret Hart vs Chris Benoit Nitro Owen Tribute
Chris Benoit and Jericho vs Austin and HHH
TLC 3 on Smackdown
Benoit vs Dean Malenko at Hog Wild
Benoit vs Regal at Pillman Memorial

Benoits list of matches far succeeds Angles, i didnt get in to his WCW or NJPW career and i left out alot of Matches involving Angle.... Benoit always has 4 star matches everytime he is in the ring........Plus Kurt Angle has had lack luster Feuds with Randy Orton and HHH.... Angle and HHH had one of the most well built hot angles with the Stephanie Mcmahon Love triangle. Everything was done perfectly, HHH was at a point where he was having classic matches everytime he was in the ring. everything was perfect, except when it came to the matches, the matches were very medicore to poor quality... Randy Orton and Angle had a Feud and all the matches seemed Flat.

See in the case of Benoit, he had some pretty silly Storyline in his HHH feuds, One involving Eugene... but he always had Great matches with HHH, and even though it was a throw away match i remember his No Mercy match with HHH which was incredible..... Not to mention Benoit Carried a very Green Randy Orton to some top notch matches. if you see The match with Benoit at SummerSlam, How Benoit made him look like a main eventer, then look how out of place he looked in the Main event without Benoit. That shows how Great of a worker Benoit was.... more so then Angle.... as a matter of fact I can think of alot of people Benoit helped out and made them Much better wrestlers by working with him in a feud. Angle I cant think of one. Not one guy that Angle brang to a different level, or a Green Wrestler Angle took under his wing and made a good worker.

HCollins-TNA1
08-26-2011, 10:07 PM
I going to say Angle is one of the best all around PURE WRESTLERs, if not the best!!!!
How many PRO wrestlers can say they won a Gold Medal????? None except one... He the most technically sound well rounded wrestler in the sport with a variety of knowledge in MMA, Greco Roman, Catch as Catch Can, a modern day shooter and much more....

But if we want to get into discussing who the best besides Kurt Angle is....
Ric Flair, Dory Funk Jr, Undertaker, Sting, Great Muta and CM Punk would be my picks...

HCollins-TNA1
08-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Kurt Angle vs Stone Cold Summerslam 2001
Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar Iron Man match on Smackdown
Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels(any match they had really)
Kurt Angle vs Shane Mcmahon KOTR 2001
Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker No Way Out 2006
Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe Hard Justice 2008
Kurt Angle vs The Rock No Mercy 2000
Kurt Angle vs Desmond Wolfe Turning Point 2009
Kurt Angle vs Mr. Anderson Lockdown 2010
Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio Summerslam 2002
Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles TNA Impact Jan 4, 2010

All of these matches Kurt Angle were are higher then Chris Benoit's, though, I am a fan of Benoit.

I do agree with you that Chris Benoit made any wrestler look like a million bucks but so did Kurt Angle. I remember when John Cena debut in the WWE and he was noticeably green but Kurt Angle made him look like a star in Cena's first match. Kurt Angle even made a match with Eugene look good(and Eugene was terrible at that time).

Can't forget Angle vs Brock in Japan in 2007 for the IWGP title..
Samoa Joe in 2006 and 2007...

PatsPunkZepp
08-26-2011, 11:23 PM
shelton benjamin was a better WRESTLER

HCollins-TNA1
08-26-2011, 11:24 PM
shelton benjamin was a better WRESTLER

Would almost agree but he missing something????
Benjamin might be a better all around athlete!!!!

AOF666
08-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Kurt Angle is not the best until he beats Brett Hart in a match. Since Brett can't wrestle, Angle will never be the best. Bret is the Best there is, The Best there was, and the Best There will ever be.

BIGZrudypoo812
08-27-2011, 01:13 AM
Kurt Angle vs Shane Mcmahon Backlash in that Street Fight is still the greatest match i ever saw........... Next to Rock vs Austin at WM 17 (which should be everyones favorite match)

maar13
08-27-2011, 02:32 AM
It is also called arrogance when you toot your own horn. He should have been wise about it an said it as an on screen persona like Chris Jericho an CM Punk did. Now everyone goes around calling them the "Best In The Industry". If they would have taken it to Twitter then they would have got a negative backlash because of it.

Call it arrogance if you will, but is not the first time Kurt has said this, he has say it on interviews, in character, on the air during years and a lot of his colleagues have said it too, so he might not be the best, but he has to believe it.

Some call it arrogance, some call it self confidence.

maar13
08-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Kurt Angle is not the best until he beats Brett Hart in a match. Since Brett can't wrestle, Angle will never be the best. Bret is the Best there is, The Best there was, and the Best There will ever be.

You do realize this is predetermined, right? I mean Eugene Defeated Angle once and that never made him Best wrestler in the World or even that night.

Poot-Hair
08-27-2011, 07:22 AM
I may garner some heat for this but Kurt Angle is the best pure WRESTLER in the industry TODAY. HBK is the best SPORTS ENTERTAINER that there was. Benoit and Hart were two of the best technical wrestlers that there were. Doesn't mean that there is/was anybody that was better than Angle ever. Hell, have any of you guys ever saw a Bruno Sammartino match? Dude could sell like a mofo

Dr. Death
08-27-2011, 07:41 AM
Yes Bruno Sammartino was good. He won the WWWF World Championship title on May 17, 1963, defeating "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers in just 48 seconds. Sammartino kept this title for seven years, eight months, and one day and it still stands as the longest world title reign in wrestling history. A record that will most likely never be broken. Sammartino defended the belt all over the world, including Australia, Spain, Mexico and Japan.

Back on topic; Kurt Angle is an Olympic Gold Medalist and as a pure wrestler has got to be considered one of the best if not the best . He has also trained in MMA with the likes of Eddie Alvarez, and I believe it was Frank Edgar, however I could be wrong about Frank. He can sell and make others look better than they are inside a pro wrestling ring and he can give good promos. IMO he is a great entertainer. Is he the best? Depends on himself and the opinions of the observers.

Spear-O-Matic
08-27-2011, 08:28 AM
He had this to say on his Twitter:

Then 5 hours later, he added:

Honestly, after a showing like that, I hope he DOESN'T make the team. Being confident is fine, but calling yourself the best is a bit too arrogant. It's hard to have respect and hope for someone who isn't humble at all.

Juvenile Junkie
08-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Kurt ANgle is the best,he has an olympic gold medal to proove it!

Spear-O-Matic
08-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Kurt ANgle is the best,he has an olympic gold medal to proove it!

Gold metals that are at least 15 years old.

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 10:36 AM

At least he can say he has them and earned them.....

Danielle20SxE
08-27-2011, 10:42 AM

Yes, but he is just as good as he was then. IMO. :)

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Yes, but he is just as good as he was then. IMO. :)

If not better.... IMO :)

Danielle20SxE
08-27-2011, 10:44 AM
If not better.... IMO :)

I agree, after all his experience in pro wrestling, he has obviously gotten better.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
08-27-2011, 10:44 AM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/3/16/129132430643060445.jpg

Do you have a gold medal young man? Kurt's might be a few years old but he earned it. It showed everyone in the world that he is the best and no one can take that away from him.

Spear-O-Matic
08-27-2011, 10:46 AM
I agree, after all his experience in pro wrestling, he has obviously gotten better.

At prowrestling. If he makes it into the Olympics, I hope he tries to put someone in the ankle lock or use the angle slam.

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 10:47 AM
I just got thinking what if he would go elsewhere with his talent.... Say ROH.... Would or could he win the ROH title.... I think he would and will if that would ever happen...

Rich Cranium
08-27-2011, 10:47 AM
I am not so sure if he can make the Olympic team again since he has had more nagging injuries that require pain meds which the Olympics frown upon. His age isn't going to help matters either as he will be more winded imo. I do give the man credit for trying and hope he does make it and I will be truly happy and shocked at the same time if he does. Now like others had stated. Kurt is without a doubt one of the best 'technical' wrestlers ever but as far as all around, you gotta go with someone like HBK who could do it all.

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 10:49 AM
At prowrestling. If he makes it into the Olympics, I hope he tries to put someone in the ankle lock or use the angle slam.

He can do the Angle Slam.... now the ankle lock not so... although he can do a variation of it...

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 10:50 AM
I am not so sure if he can make the Olympic team again since he has had more nagging injuries that require pain meds which the Olympics frown upon. His age isn't going to help matters either as he will be more winded imo. I do give the man credit for trying and hope he does make it and I will be truly happy and shocked at the same time if he does. Now like others had stated. Kurt is without a doubt one of the best 'technical' wrestlers ever but as far as all around, you gotta go with someone like HBK who could do it all.
Got to remember he wrestled the Olympics in 1996 with a broken neck... So it possible he could go while in pain...

Spear-O-Matic
08-27-2011, 10:51 AM
He can do the Angle Slam.... now the ankle lock not so... although he can do a variation of it...

How about an RKO?

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 10:52 AM
How about an RKO?

For surely not.....

Rich Cranium
08-27-2011, 10:54 AM

A variation? The Olympics is not the UFC. He would be disqualified.

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 10:56 AM
It can be use as like take down... just not as a hold.... or better yet it can't be a complete hold... maybe something how he does the take down can go, but other then that it wouldn't work...

Spear-O-Matic
08-27-2011, 10:57 AM

I think 90% of what Angle's been doing for the past 11 years would get him DQ'd at the Olympics, and that's not counting all the stuff he does in the ring.

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 11:02 AM
I think 90% of what Angle's been doing for the past 11 years would get him DQ'd at the Olympics, and that's not counting all the stuff he does in the ring.

And he knows the difference..... Between real and a show!!! what he can do and what he can't....

Rich Cranium
08-27-2011, 11:02 AM
If he makes it to the Olympics, can he go like this?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/dreamshade40/anglehat.jpg

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 11:03 AM

LOL... he can be the entertainment for the opening Ceremonies with the little guitar too ....

Danielle20SxE
08-27-2011, 11:03 AM

I'd watch it then.

Spear-O-Matic
08-27-2011, 11:10 AM

Yes, and if he wins he can wear this to the ceremony.

http://a2.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/124/204ddb5cc87c4f3ea2ed50fe4db517dc/m.jpg

K2Jelly
08-27-2011, 11:11 AM
LOL... he can be the entertainment for the opening Ceremonies with the little guitar too ....

I'd rather hear him sing "Sexy Boy" again.

Spear-O-Matic
08-27-2011, 11:26 AM
I'd rather here him sing "Sexy Boy" again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RegHMfhrk4I

jrsckilla23
08-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Kurt Angle is one of the greatest or best whatever you want to call it but he ain't the only one on the list there are allot of great or best wrestlers out there. Macho Man, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold, The Rock, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Triple H, Undertaker and Sting they are all the greatest to ever step foot in the wrestling entertainment ring I would add Cm Punk to the list but Punk still needs another 2 more years to be called one of the greatest and keep doing what he does best so far and that's entertaining the fans just like the names I've Mentioned. But since Kurt Angle is still doing Wrestling Entertainment right now Yeah! he is the greatest

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/KurtAnckleLockCena.jpg

Murphdogg4
08-27-2011, 07:57 PM
I'll take honesty over false modesty any day

K2Jelly
08-27-2011, 08:03 PM
I'll take honesty over false modesty any day

This ^^^^^^

THE_CRIPPLER
08-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Kurt Angle vs Stone Cold Summerslam 2001
Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar Iron Man match on Smackdown
Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels(any match they had really)
Kurt Angle vs Shane Mcmahon KOTR 2001
Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker No Way Out 2006
Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe Hard Justice 2008
Kurt Angle vs The Rock No Mercy 2000
Kurt Angle vs Desmond Wolfe Turning Point 2009
Kurt Angle vs Mr. Anderson Lockdown 2010
Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio Summerslam 2002
Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles TNA Impact Jan 4, 2010

All of these matches Kurt Angle were are higher then Chris Benoit's, though, I am a fan of Benoit.

I do agree with you that Chris Benoit made any wrestler look like a million bucks but so did Kurt Angle. I remember when John Cena debut in the WWE and he was noticeably green but Kurt Angle made him look like a star in Cena's first match. Kurt Angle even made a match with Eugene look good(and Eugene was terrible at that time).

Umm Honestly Chris Benoit had Just as Good of a Free Tv Smackdown match with Austin as Angle had a main event Summerslam with Austin.... Brock Lesnar vs Angle Iron man was a huge dissappointment such as Benoit and HHH Iron man on raw.... Rey mysterio vs Angle at Summerslam was a fun 3 star match but there is no reason to even count it on all time best.... Benoit and Rock had a great match at fully loaded also. Booking stopped it from being higher than it was cause the multiple endings to the match but still just as good as Angles matches with the Rock... Benoit never had a high profile match with Undertaker..... Angle and samoa Joes matches were a huge dissappoointment, Honestly if it was Benoit in the Ring with Joe those matches would of been 100 times better.

Angle is Great dont get me wrong but Angle was great for 3 to 4 years he was at his peak, Benoit was amazing for 20 years...... plus he didnt have the main events and top spot to work with like Angle did, he didnt receive 1 0n 1 matches with HBK at WM, or Undertaker world title matches.

And please how did Angle make John Cena look good? Angle no sells everyone, Angle stop selling in 2003..... Angle made Samoa Joe look like a jobber, He made Eddie Guerreo look like a idiot, The thing about Angle is, he wrestles better as a face, when he is Heel he has his borring amature submission holds he uses for what seems for several mintues and he uses them at the worse time in the match to kill the flow and excitment of it...... Honestly, I havent Angle in a 5 Star match that didnt involve Benoit, Maybe close to 5 stars but never 5 stars. (No HBK and Angle at WM 21 was not 5 stars).

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Umm Honestly Angle had Just as Good of a Free Tv Smackdown match with Austin as Angle had a mainevent Summerslam match with Austin.... Brock Lesnar vs Angle ironman was a huge dissappointment such as Benoit and HHH iron man on raw.... Rey mysterio vs Angle at Summerslam was a fun 3 star match but there is no reason to even count it on all time best.... Benoit and Rock had a great match at fully loaded also except Booking stopped it from being higher than it was cause the multiple endings to the match but still just as good as Angles matches with the Rock... Benoit never had a high profile match with Undertaker..... Angle and samoa Joes matches were a huge dissappoointment, Honestly if it was Benoit in the Ring with Joe those matches would of been 100 times better.

Angle is Great dont get me wrong but Angle was great for 3 to 4 years he was at his peak, Benoit was amazing for 20 years...... plus he didnt have the main events and top spot to work with like Angle did, he didnt receive 1 0n 1 matches with HBK at WM, or Undertaker world title matches.

And please how did Angle make John Cena look good? Angle no sells everyone, Angle stop selling in 2003..... Angle made Samoa Joe look like a jobber, He made Eddie Guerreo look like a idiot, The thing about Angle is, he wrestles better as a face, when he is Heel he has his borring amature submission holds he uses for what seems for several mintues and he uses them at the worse time in the match to kill the flow and excitment of it...... Honestly, I havent Angle in a 5 Star match that didnt involve Benoit, Maybe close to 5 stars but never 5 stars. (No HBK and Angle at WM 21 was not 5 stars).

How he made Cena look good..... He just did, he had the ability to wrestle anyone on any given night and make them or break them that how he was and is...

THE_CRIPPLER
08-27-2011, 08:59 PM
How he made Cena look good..... He just did, he had the ability to wrestle anyone on any given night and make them or break them that how he was and is...

So John Cena was a better wrestler cause of Angle? Ill pass on that..... Angle didnt make anyone look good he destroyed careers (ie Samoa Joes)

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 09:27 PM
So John Cena was a better wrestler cause of Angle? Ill pass on that..... Angle didnt make anyone look good he destroyed careers (ie Samoa Joes)

Kurt, he much like a modern day Ric Flair.... He can wrestle anyone and make or break them..... Who was John Cena before he wrestled Kurt Angle????? A nobody former body builder with maybe 3 or 4 moves, now Cena got like 10 moves....
As for Joe, he was told to make Joe look bad in their 1st matches... and then Joe got the upper hand ... TNA was wanting to build a feud of the year with Joe and Angle...
Much the way he made Crimson look good the other night.... letting Crimson hit several of his big moves on Angle... Crimson picking up the win via DQ... Thus they could have Crimson vs Angle again later down the road... looking less likely it will be Bound for Glory now...

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Look at Angle's accomplishments.... in 11 years in the business....

Amateur wrestling
Canadian Cup Championship
Winner (1990)
Collegiate / High School
Pennsylvania State Wrestling Champion (1987)
Clarion University Freshman of the Year (1988)
Espoir World Cup
Runner-up (1989)
International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles
FILA Junior World Freestyle Champion (1988)
FILA World Championships gold medal in freestyle wrestling (100 kg) (1995)
National Amateur Wrestling
National Amateur Wrestling Hall of Fame (Class of 2001)
National Collegiate Athletic Association
NCAA Division I All-American (1990–1992)
NCAA Division I Champion (1990, 1992)
NCAA Division I Runner-up (1991)
Olympic Games
Summer Olympics gold medal in freestyle wrestling (heavyweight) (1996)
USA Wrestling
USA Junior Freestyle Champion (1987)
USA Senior Freestyle Champion (1995, 1996)
USA Wrestling Hall of Fame (Class of 2001)
Yasar Dogu Tournament
Runner-up (1989)

Professional wrestling
Cauliflower Alley Club
Future Legend Award (2000)
Inoki Genome Federation
IWGP Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[80]
Power Pro Wrestling
PPW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[200]
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Comeback of the Year (2003)[201]
PWI Feud of the Year (2000)[202]vs. Triple H
PWI Feud of the Year (2003)[203] vs. Brock Lesnar
PWI Feud of the Year (2007) vs. Samoa Joe
PWI Match of the Year (2003)[204] vs. Brock Lesnar in a 60-minute Iron Man match on SmackDown!, September 16
PWI Match of the Year (2005)[205] vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 21
PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2000)[206]
PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (2001)[207]
PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (2003)[208]
PWI Rookie of the Year (2000)[209]
PWI Wrestler of the Year (2003)[210]
PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2001[211]
SoCal Uncensored
Match of the Year (2000) vs. Christopher Daniels, September 13, 2000, Ultimate Pro Wrestling[212]
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
TNA World Heavyweight Championship (5 times, current)1[213]
TNA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Sting[214]
TNA X Division Championship (1 time)[213]
King of the Mountain (2007, 2009)
Second Triple Crown Champion
Feud of the Year (2006–2007) with Samoa Joe[91][215]
Match of the Year (2007) vs. Sting at Bound for Glory, October 14, 2007[215]
World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
WCW United States Championship (1 time)2[216]
WCW Championship (1 time)2[217]
World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[218]
WWF/E Championship (4 times)[219]
WWF European Championship (1 time)[220]
WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)[221]
WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)[222]
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Chris Benoit[223]
King of the Ring (2000)[26]
Tenth Triple Crown Champion
Fifth Grand Slam Championship
Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Best Gimmick (2000)
Best on Interviews (2002)
Best Technical Wrestler (2002)
Feud of the Year (2003) vs. Brock Lesnar
Match of the Year with Chris Benoit vs. Edge and Rey Mysterio, No Mercy 2002
Most Improved (2000)
Most Outstanding Wrestler (2001–2003)
Readers' Favorite Wrestler (2002–2003)
Wrestler of the Decade (2000s)[3]
Wrestler of the Year (2002)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2004)

THE_CRIPPLER
08-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Rey Mysterio vs Kurt Angle was awesome. I know it wasn't the greatest match Kurt Angle has ever had but that was a great match from the two. Also, I have to say that Austin and Angle at Summerslam and their match at Unforgiving is a little higher then Austin vs Chris Benoit but not by much. Austin vs Angle was more intense and brutal with a bit of story-telling. Not saying Chris Benoit's match with Austin wasn't good because that match was awesome but I just found Angle vs Austin to be better.

I agree with you about Chris Benoit vs The Rock.

Both Chris Benoit and Angle are excellent in the ring(I prefer them over Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart) but I just find Angle's intensity and wrestling to be slightly better then Benoit's although it is hard for me to say that. Once Angle is in his zone, he delivers, big time.

Angle actually did make Cena look good. If Cena went up against any other opponent then Kurt, he wouldn't have gotten over as much but his match with Angle(who beat Hogan and Undertaker around this time) made Cena seem like a big deal. The way Cena to control in the match and over-powered Angle showed me that Cena could hang with a guy like Angle.

I agree that Angle wrestles better as a face. He brings the intensity out when hes a face.

Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle wasn't a 5 star match IMO but Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels Iron Man match on Raw was. Their match on Vengeance was great too.

I actually perfer Benoits intensity over Angles, no matter who Benoit was in th ring with weather it was the Big Show or Brock Lenar and you heard his music the thought came to my mind "Fuck they are going to die".... he just had that intense killer instinct (yeah i know cause he was a killer blahblah)... i beileve Kurt Angle really tried to pull that off with the mouth piece and the grunting and the towel on his head, but the truth is it didnt work for him.... Kurt was more the goofy guy that was accidentally funny (which he was terrefic at).

Austin Match with Angle is a favorite of mine.. Alot of people underate it.. i believe it was a bit better than the free tv match Austin had with Benoit.... but i cant argue with city hall, Everyone and their mothers gave that mach with Benoit and Austin 5 stars or close to it and they gave the Angle and Austin match a much lower rating.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Kurt, he much like a modern day Ric Flair.... He can wrestle anyone and make or break them..... Who was John Cena before he wrestled Kurt Angle????? A nobody former body builder with maybe 3 or 4 moves, now Cena got like 10 moves....
As for Joe, he was told to make Joe look bad in their 1st matches... and then Joe got the upper hand ... TNA was wanting to build a feud of the year with Joe and Angle...
Much the way he made Crimson look good the other night.... letting Crimson hit several of his big moves on Angle... Crimson picking up the win via DQ... Thus they could have Crimson vs Angle again later down the road... looking less likely it will be Bound for Glory now...

It was Cenas first match, he was a nobody, and Agle beat him in 5 mins....... Jericho made him look a million times better in a match and actually jobbed to him.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Look at Angle's accomplishments.... in 11 years in the business....

Amateur wrestling
Canadian Cup Championship
Winner (1990)
Collegiate / High School
Pennsylvania State Wrestling Champion (1987)
Clarion University Freshman of the Year (1988)
Espoir World Cup
Runner-up (1989)
International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles
FILA Junior World Freestyle Champion (1988)
FILA World Championships gold medal in freestyle wrestling (100 kg) (1995)
National Amateur Wrestling
National Amateur Wrestling Hall of Fame (Class of 2001)
National Collegiate Athletic Association
NCAA Division I All-American (1990–1992)
NCAA Division I Champion (1990, 1992)
NCAA Division I Runner-up (1991)
Olympic Games
Summer Olympics gold medal in freestyle wrestling (heavyweight) (1996)
USA Wrestling
USA Junior Freestyle Champion (1987)
USA Senior Freestyle Champion (1995, 1996)
USA Wrestling Hall of Fame (Class of 2001)
Yasar Dogu Tournament
Runner-up (1989)

Professional wrestling
Cauliflower Alley Club
Future Legend Award (2000)
Inoki Genome Federation
IWGP Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[80]
Power Pro Wrestling
PPW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[200]
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Comeback of the Year (2003)[201]
PWI Feud of the Year (2000)[202]vs. Triple H
PWI Feud of the Year (2003)[203] vs. Brock Lesnar
PWI Feud of the Year (2007) vs. Samoa Joe
PWI Match of the Year (2003)[204] vs. Brock Lesnar in a 60-minute Iron Man match on SmackDown!, September 16
PWI Match of the Year (2005)[205] vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 21
PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2000)[206]
PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (2001)[207]
PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (2003)[208]
PWI Rookie of the Year (2000)[209]
PWI Wrestler of the Year (2003)[210]
PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2001[211]
SoCal Uncensored
Match of the Year (2000) vs. Christopher Daniels, September 13, 2000, Ultimate Pro Wrestling[212]
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
TNA World Heavyweight Championship (5 times, current)1[213]
TNA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Sting[214]
TNA X Division Championship (1 time)[213]
King of the Mountain (2007, 2009)
Second Triple Crown Champion
Feud of the Year (2006–2007) with Samoa Joe[91][215]
Match of the Year (2007) vs. Sting at Bound for Glory, October 14, 2007[215]
World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
WCW United States Championship (1 time)2[216]
WCW Championship (1 time)2[217]
World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[218]
WWF/E Championship (4 times)[219]
WWF European Championship (1 time)[220]
WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)[221]
WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)[222]
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Chris Benoit[223]
King of the Ring (2000)[26]
Tenth Triple Crown Champion
Fifth Grand Slam Championship
Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Best Gimmick (2000)
Best on Interviews (2002)
Best Technical Wrestler (2002)
Feud of the Year (2003) vs. Brock Lesnar
Match of the Year with Chris Benoit vs. Edge and Rey Mysterio, No Mercy 2002
Most Improved (2000)
Most Outstanding Wrestler (2001–2003)
Readers' Favorite Wrestler (2002–2003)
Wrestler of the Decade (2000s)[3]
Wrestler of the Year (2002)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2004)

first off with all due Respect Amature Wrestling has nothing to do with Prowrestling..... Gold Medals mean a much as having a acamedy award in a argument of who is the best Prowrestler in ring..... thats like saying Randy Orton is the best collgiate wrestler cause he won so many WWE championships.

and you say over the past 11 years but your naming things from 87.

and you are using PWI to argue Angle as the best in ring performer in the history of Wrestling, and the obserever? that means nothing........ but to get back on subject, Angle has won alot of titles and main evented WM, he as accomplised alot in prowrestling...he won almost every title in both companies he worked for and did almost everything in this bussiness....... but Cena as did 100 times what Angle did in half the time. so would that make Cena the best ever?

THE_CRIPPLER
08-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Agreed on that. Cena has actually thanked Jericho for that on Jericho's DVD.

he really did put him over in that match, even though his push went no where untill he pretended to be Vanila Ice.... Jericho, Undertaker, Eddie Guerreo and Vanilla Ice did alot of Cenas carrer but Kurt Angle not so much.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-27-2011, 10:07 PM
True. Benoit looked like he was about to tear somebody's head off. I don't know, both Kurt and Benoit are my favorite wrestlers of all time but its hard for me to choose whose better between them. I prefer Angle's wrestling style but Benoit is a great performer as well. Their match at Royal Rumle 2003 has to be the best. They beat the hell out of each other and Angle making Benoit tap came as a surprise as I thought Benoit was finally going to become a WWE Champ that night.

Austin vs Angle was really great. I think Their match at Summerslam was their best one although their match at Unforgiving was a great one too. His first WWE title reign was booked poorly though. It was nice for him to win it again that night at Unforgiving because I thought he'd never get the WWE title after his lackluster title reign in 2000.

You know alot of people forget how Good Austin and Angle was at summerSlam, i just talked to my brother about that match a few days ago..... People really dont give Austin the Credit he deserves, his 2001 run match wise was incredible. He was having 5 star matches with HHH and the Rock the first part of the year, then the next half he was having amazing matches with the likes of Kurt Angle, Benoit, Jericho and so on...... Austin dont get the credit he deserves as one of the best in ring wrestlers Ever... they give him all the credit in the world in every aspect but that one and the truth is he was just as good as a wrestler as he was in promos.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Exactly. Austin had a unique wrestling style. Some people say he had an awkward looking wrestling style but he was still great in the ring and very technical. The same goes with Christian. Promo-wise and wrestling-wise, Austin knew how to bring it.

Austin and Tazz could have been good.

Austin didnt look akward, he was a great technical wrestler, he used alot of great submission holds and did everything very well........... if you ask me The only people that can perform a great loooking Sharpshooter is Bret Hart, Austin and Benoit... Sting and the Rocks SharpShooters/Scorpion eath lock looked terrible, its hard to beileve anyone would submit from them.

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 10:27 PM
first off with all due Respect Amature Wrestling has nothing to do with Prowrestling..... Gold Medals mean a much as having a acamedy award in a argument of who is the best Prowrestler in ring..... thats like saying Randy Orton is the best collgiate wrestler cause he won so many WWE championships.

and you say over the past 11 years but your naming things from 87.

and you are using PWI to argue Angle as the best in ring performer in the history of Wrestling, and the obserever? that means nothing........ but to get back on subject, Angle has won alot of titles and main evented WM, he as accomplised alot in prowrestling...he won almost every title in both companies he worked for and did almost everything in this bussiness....... but Cena as did 100 times what Angle did in half the time. so would that make Cena the best ever?

Amutuer wrestling has more to do with Pro then you think.... The best Pros have college backgrounds...

I'm using all his accomplishments as I believe angle will surpass Flair as being the greatest wrestler ever in the modern day of wrestling... Only thing Cena done has let the WWE and Vince McMahon make him.... if it wasn't for Vince highness on Cena, Cena wouldn't be in the WWE or in wrestling I think.... Cena haven't done all Angle done yet....

THE_CRIPPLER
08-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Amutuer wrestling has more to do with Pro then you think.... The best Pros have college backgrounds...

I'm using all his accomplishments as I believe angle will surpass Flair as being the greatest wrestler ever in the modern day of wrestling... Only thing Cena done has let the WWE and Vince McMahon make him.... if it wasn't for Vince highness on Cena, Cena wouldn't be in the WWE or in wrestling I think.... Cena haven't done all Angle done yet....

You are kidding me? number #1 Angle is not as main stream as Flair was in the 80s......number #2 if Cena went to TNA the rating would go thru the roof by TNA standereds, Angle has not brang TNA a single viwer, the ratings were untouched and so was the PPV buyrates....#3 Angle would be nothing without Vince either, i dont see how you figure Angle would be anything in wrestling without Vince Mcmahon...... sorry if you go about it like it or not Cena accomplised more than Angle would dare dream of in wrestling, same goes for Bret Hart and HBK and even Ric Flair, he is a bigger star, main evented more WM's he has made and drawn more money... so sorry... now we are talking about in ring performance, which titles, Gold Medals and t-shirt sales dont mean anything.... so mentioning Angles Gold medals to me dont make him a better prowrestler or telling me how many titles he held... Matches, defending his wrestling style and great moments in wrestling would make a great argument, not the rest of the junk put on your last post that was copy pasted from Wiki.

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 10:48 PM
You are kidding me? number #1 Angle is not as main stream as Flair was in the 80s......number #2 if Cena went to TNA the rating would go thru the roof by TNA standereds, Angle has not brang TNA a single viwer, the ratings were untouched and so was the PPV buyrates....#3 Angle would be nothing without Vince either, i dont see how you figure Angle would be anything in wrestling without Vince Mcmahon...... sorry if you go about it like it or not Cena accomplised more than Angle would dare dream of in wrestling, same goes for Bret Hart and HBK and even Ric Flair, he is a bigger star, main evented more WM's he has made and drawn more money... so sorry... now we are talking about in ring performance, which titles, Gold Medals and t-shirt sales dont mean anything.... so mentioning Angles Gold medals to me dont make him a better prowrestler or telling me how many titles he held... Matches, defending his wrestling style and great moments in wrestling would make a great argument, not the rest of the junk put on your last post that was copy pasted from Wiki.

You got to be kidding or got you head stuck up your behind???
1. Angle is a proven wrestler....
2. Angle did more then most, and may surpass Flair .... If I had to rank the top 5 wrestlers of all time 1 Flair, 2 Angle, 3 Bruno Sammartino, 4 Frank Gotch, 5 Dory Funk Jr...
3. I don't think Cena would be the answer to TNA ratings.... I think the cable and satilite companies that don't carry Spike is to blame for that... or TNA ratings would 2.2s by now....
4. Sure Bret Hart and HBK did lots.... look how long it took them to get known.... 5 years or longer as opposed to Cena with whom it took 3 years to build him....
5. Angle has done more then Cena and HBK and Hart combine!!!!

THE_CRIPPLER
08-27-2011, 11:14 PM
2. Angle did more then most, and may surpass Flair .... If I had to rank the top 5 wrestlers of all time 1 Flair, 2 Angle, 3 Bruno Sammartino, 4 Frank Gotch, 5 Dory Funk Jr...
3. I don't think Cena would be the answer to TNA ratings.... I think the cable and satilite companies that don't carry Spike is to blame for that... or TNA ratings would 2.2s by now....
4. Sure Bret Hart and HBK did lots.... look how long it took them to get known.... 5 years or longer as opposed to Cena with whom it took 3 years to build him....

you sir are a idiot....... WWE was on the same channel 10 years ago when less Cable providers carried it and it was getting the same rating or higher than it was while it was on USA..... so The reason TNA as crappy rating is the same reason their PPV and DVD sales are in the toliet... Cause TNA sucks, no if ands or buts about it...... everyone who has basic Cable and has USA also have Spike.

Angle accomplised more than Cena? how so please tell me? more Titles? drew more money? longevity? Lenth of Title Regins? Number of main events? where and how so please tell me?... Cause Cena destroys Kurt in all those areas, Cena had more big time matches, Mainevented more WM's and had more PPV main events than anyone in a short ammount of time he has been in wrestling.

Please how you have the nerve to compare Angle to Shawn and Bret is beyond me.... you wanna go match quality? Shawn had better matches with everone he was in the ring with than Angle had... Undertaker? Shawn Michaels. HHH? Shawn Michaels.. Cena? Shawn Michales.... even a run down beaten Hulk Hogan compared to the Much better shape Hogan Angle wrestled at King of the Ring, Shan still ahd a better match..... there isnt one person on a level or even playing field that Angle had a better match with than Michaels did........ so if your talking about in ring performance than Shawn Michaels has Angle beat and so does Bret Hart.... I cant compare Bret to Angle cause of the gaps in their careers but here is the legit 5 star matches Bret Hart was in.

Bret Hart and Steve Austin SS 5 stars
Bret Hart and Austin WM13 5 stars
Bret Hart and Owen Hart WM10 5 stars one the greatest matches ever
Bret Hart vs Owen Hart cage match 5 stars
Bret Hart and Bulldog SummerSlam 92 5 stars

sorry the only 5 star match i seen Mr angle in was With Benoit at the Royal Rumble.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-27-2011, 11:18 PM

Please, Bruno was a terrible worker, Everyone and their mother knows that and his promos sucked....
Dory Funk Jr had a great basic wrestling style down, and i Respect the hell out of him but his work is dated and he is not no where near the top 5 all around Wrestlers, or top 5 in ring performers.... same goes for Gotch as i said for Funk.

top 5 in anyway you wanna put them in ring performers look like this (this is just in ring not all around)

Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit and the other 2 ill think of later haha

Rich Cranium
08-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Please, Bruno was a terrible worker, Everyone and their mother knows that and his promos sucked....
Dory Funk Jr had a great basic wrestling style down, and i Respect the hell out of him but his work is dated and he is not no where near the top 5 all around Wrestlers, or top 5 in ring performers.... same goes for Gotch as i said for Funk.

top 5 in anyway you wanna put them in ring performers look like this (this is just in ring not all around)

No, Gotch wrestled when it was 'real'. Your basing current wrestlers against old time wrestlers which is a bit unfair as the guys you mentioned with perhaps, the exception of Angle and Benoit, would be stretched like crazy.

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 11:46 PM
you sir are a idiot....... WWE was on the same channel 10 years ago when less Cable providers carried it and it was getting the same rating or higher than it was while it was on USA..... so The reason TNA as crappy rating is the same reason their PPV and DVD sales are in the toliet... Cause TNA sucks, no if ands or buts about it...... everyone who has basic Cable and has USA also have Spike.

Angle accomplised more than Cena? how so please tell me? more Titles? drew more money? longevity? Lenth of Title Regins? Number of main events? where and how so please tell me?... Cause Cena destroys Kurt in all those areas, Cena had more big time matches, Mainevented more WM's and had more PPV main events than anyone in a short ammount of time he has been in wrestling.

Please how you have the nerve to compare Angle to Shawn and Bret is beyond me.... you wanna go match quality? Shawn had better matches with everone he was in the ring with than Angle had... Undertaker? Shawn Michaels. HHH? Shawn Michaels.. Cena? Shawn Michales.... even a run down beaten Hulk Hogan compared to the Much better shape Hogan Angle wrestled at King of the Ring, Shan still ahd a better match..... there isnt one person on a level or even playing field that Angle had a better match with than Michaels did........ so if your talking about in ring performance than Shawn Michaels has Angle beat and so does Bret Hart.... I cant compare Bret to Angle cause of the gaps in their careers but here is the legit 5 star matches Bret Hart was in.

Bret Hart and Steve Austin SS 5 stars
Bret Hart and Austin WM13 5 stars
Bret Hart and Owen Hart WM10 5 stars one the greatest matches ever
Bret Hart vs Owen Hart cage match 5 stars
Bret Hart and Bulldog SummerSlam 92 5 stars

sorry the only 5 star match i seen Mr angle in was With Benoit at the Royal Rumble.

No no no, look in the mirror you'll see a idiot.....
I don't think I can convince someone with such a small mind like you Angle is better or Flair..... Seems to to me you a big Bret Hart mark... Don't get me wrong Bret was great.... But he was selfish at times.... sure he had great matches... and how dare you live Bret vs Chris Beniot on WCW Nitro October 1999... Now Bret could had choose to stay renew his contract in the WWE in 1997 but he didn't.... Bret wanted this and wanted that... which Vince had other plans for....

Angle had many 5 star matches his self.... you must be forgetting
in the WWE
Angle vs Tazz
Angle vs Beniot vs Jericho WM2000
Kurt Angle and King of the Ring tournament 2000
Angle vs Triple H at Unforgiven in 2000
Angle vs the Rock at No Mercy 2000
Angle vs Shane
Angle Vs Brock Lesner
Angle vs Edge
Angle vs Austin
Angle vs Chris Beniot
Angle vs Eddie Gurrero
Angle vs Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton
Angle vs Cena
Angle vs Ric Flair

In TNA
Angle vs Samoa Joe
Angle vs Sting
Angle Vs AJ Styles
Angle Vs Jeff Jerratt
Angle vs Jeff Hardy
the list goes on and on..... Angle has wrestle the who's who of wrestling.... He was trained by Dory Funk Jr.....
After this I ain't going waste my time with you arguing with direct replies.... You just want and probably will never get it!!!!
Angle

THE_CRIPPLER
08-27-2011, 11:51 PM
No, Gotch wrestled when it was 'real'. Your basing current wrestlers against old time wrestlers which is a bit unfair as the guys you mentioned with perhaps, the exception of Angle and Benoit, would be stretched like crazy.

Well i dont know about stretched or what... but im talking about fake prowrestling.... Undertaker would probably kick Gotches ass, So whats that got to do with anything..... im talking about match quality in ring performance.

But you are right, Lou thez and Gotch are from a different time in wrestling.... back then you had to make it look like a real fight, so it was much different than it is today or 30 years ago... that is why performance wise i can not consider Gotch or Thez the best ever... but at their time they were the top performers and they contributed alot to wrestling especially Thez, Who without his involvment their would be no prowrestling.

HCollins-TNA1
08-27-2011, 11:54 PM

Will reply here and thats it.....
Dory Funk Jr might been the last modern style shoot wrestler.... and is one Hell of teacher looking at the Funking Conservatory and who has came from there....
Gotch 154 wins and 6 losses he made wrestling what it was .....
Bruno the longest reigning World champion hold the belt from 1963 to 1971 and his 2nd reign from 1973 to 1977....

Bret isn't all that great..
Shawn is far from great...
Beniot he had the potentional...

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 12:01 AM
No no no, look in the mirror you'll see a idiot.....
I don't think I can convince someone with such a small mind like you Angle is better or Flair..... Seems to to me you a big Bret Hart mark... Don't get me wrong Bret was great.... But he was selfish at times.... sure he had great matches... and how dare you live Bret vs Chris Beniot on WCW Nitro October 1999... Now Bret could had choose to stay renew his contract in the WWE in 1997 but he didn't.... Bret wanted this and wanted that... which Vince had other plans for....

Angle had many 5 star matches his self.... you must be forgetting
in the WWE
Angle vs Tazz
Angle vs Beniot vs Jericho WM2000
Kurt Angle and King of the Ring tournament 2000
Angle vs Triple H at Unforgiven in 2000
Angle vs the Rock at No Mercy 2000
Angle vs Shane
Angle Vs Brock Lesner
Angle vs Edge
Angle vs Austin
Angle vs Chris Beniot
Angle vs Eddie Gurrero
Angle vs Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton
Angle vs Cena
Angle vs Ric Flair

In TNA
Angle vs Samoa Joe
Angle vs Sting
Angle Vs AJ Styles
Angle Vs Jeff Jerratt
Angle vs Jeff Hardy
the list goes on and on..... Angle has wrestle the who's who of wrestling.... He was trained by Dory Funk Jr.....
After this I ain't going waste my time with you arguing with direct replies.... You just want and probably will never get it!!!!
Angle

Do you know what the fuck a 5 star match is? cause other than Benoit and maybe maybe HBK none of these matches are 5 stars........... the Tripple threat with Angle, Benoit and Jericho was not even close to 4 stars. Vs HHH is 5 stars? you are a dumbass. Tazz and Angle 5 stars? Are you drunk............ you dont know shit about wrestling, you think every match Angles has been in is 5 stars? and im a mark? pleaseeee that is so stupid....... am I a Bret Hart Mark? maybe but you are a Angle worshiper.

But unlike you i can listen to good arguments of why Bret isnt the best or why HBK isnt the best or Why (insert name here) is a better wrestler than Chris Benoit... instead of saying every match Bret Hart and Chris Benoit as been in are the best ever, like you seem to do with Angle.

And I dont get it? this is the same moron that thinks TNA has low rating cause they are on spike and people wanna watch TNA but they cant cause they dont carry spike haha thats the dumbest thing i ever heard.

SilverGhost
08-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Just for the record, Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio was terrible.

It really was.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Will reply here and thats it.....
Dory Funk Jr might been the last modern style shoot wrestler.... and is one Hell of teacher looking at the Funking Conservatory and who has came from there....
Gotch 154 wins and 6 losses he made wrestling what it was .....
Bruno the longest reigning World champion hold the belt from 1963 to 1971 and his 2nd reign from 1973 to 1977....

Bret isn't all that great..
Shawn is far from great...
Beniot he had the potentional...

so in ring performance is based on Kayfabe facts.... id otn think you get the argument, you remind me of me and my freinds arguing about wrestling when we were 8.... I think you and Bret Hart are the only adults that rank wrestlers by kayfabe facts.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 12:11 AM
It really should have been Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio. That alone would have been a great match. Adding Orton in there and dragging on the Eddie storyline was unnecessary.

The triplle threat did suck but lets not forget they gave it like 8 mins...... 20 min Angle and Mysterio match, hell even a 15 min one would be great.

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 12:13 AM
It really should have been Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio. That alone would have been a great match. Adding Orton in there and dragging on the Eddie storyline was unnecessary.

Only reason it was made triple threat was cause RAW was Triple H vs Cena... it was pointless addition having Orton in but that the WWE at times..

VanHooliganX
08-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Kurt...The best ever?
Ha! No. Nowhere near. Eddie was easily better than he was, especially on the mic.

Kurt is the best at TNA and 1 of the best active wrestlers but he can change my opinion by winning a medal at the London 2012 Olympics. But I doubt that'll happen.

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Everything I talk about is proven facts.... They are legit facts....
Can be proven and can looked up.... Crip, I think you the 8 year old in the case.... crying Bret the greatest Shawn the greatest, Beniot the greatest or Cena the Greatest....

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 12:20 AM
It really was.

Only reason it was they had Shawn and Vince go almost 20 minutes.... they could had took 5 minutes their and added it to Smackdown title match...

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Kurt...The best ever?
Ha! No. Nowhere near. Eddie was easily better than he was, especially on the mic.

Kurt is the best at TNA and 1 of the best active wrestlers but he can change my opinion by winning a medal at the London 2012 Olympics. But I doubt that'll happen.

Eddie is another one that is over-rated at times... Sure he was great and he had his potential as well just like Beniot, but left us all to soon to really know...
One could ask if Eddie was still alive today where would and what titles or how many titles would he have won????

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Everything I talk about is proven facts.... They are legit facts....
Can be proven and can looked up.... Crip, I think you the 8 year old in the case.... crying Bret the greatest Shawn the greatest, Beniot the greatest or Cena the Greatest....

Yes its a proven fact that the only reason TNA has terrible ratings is cause they are on spike... No sorry i proved your theory wrong.. didnt they get a 2.0 on their Monday special when they brought in all the old WWE talent.... so its proven the product is the problem, plus i dont know one damn person that doesnt have Spike but has USA....
Plus if thats true and they would be the number one promotion or have double the ratings on another station then why the hell is their house show, DVD and PPV numbers in the toilet, if these people want TNA so bad but cant get it then why dont they buy the PPVs or the DVDs?

Its a proven fact that every match you mentioned was 5 stars? haha how the Fuck.......... show me that proof.

its a Proven fact that Kurt Angle is the number 1 wrestler of all times? how so.... you said nothing but give out stupid theories.

wasnt the same idiot that said Edge was faking his injury so he can go to TNA? what happened their? you are a moron with stupid unproven theories

VanHooliganX
08-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Eddie is another one that is over-rated at times... Sure he was great and he had his potential as well just like Beniot, but left us all to soon to really know...
One could ask if Eddie was still alive today where would and what titles or how many titles would he have won????

I don't really remember Eddie ever being overrated. 2003 he was mainly in tag team or US Championship matches and a feud with Benoit, unsupercena, Big Show and Chavo these matches were great nearly always great matches.
In 2004 he had a great match (Better than Lesnar vs. Goldberg everyone can agree) vs. Lesner to pull off the underdog victory. He beat Kurt at wrestlemania doing what he did best, lieing, cheating and stealing. He went onto feud with JBL who was a very good heel and finish a match where he lost a stupid amount of blood and also faced Rey Mysterio in brilliant matches and never won any of the PPV matches. Finally he started feuding with Batista before sadly passing on. So thats Eddie in a nutshell in his main event push where he must be overrated somewhere and I don't think he's overrated anywhere in this. So please explain :)

Although I do agree with you on is the 'what ifs' of if Eddie and Benoit weren't sadly taken away. Where or what they would of done in their careers. But regardless of whether Chris or Eddie would never hold another title or held the WWE Championship 50 times they would of been just as good.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 12:34 AM
Eddie and chris died to soon and had poetenial? what the Fuck... they were both 40 when they died, their in ring career was winding down...... potenial? they had incredible matches and left their mark on wrestling.... they changed the style wrestled in american wrestling, with their mix of Japan,Mexico,English and North american main event style all mixed in 1.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 12:39 AM
I don't really remember Eddie ever being overrated. 2003 he was mainly in tag team or US Championship matches and a feud with Benoit, unsupercena, Big Show and Chavo these matches were great nearly always great matches.
In 2004 he had a great match (Better than Lesnar vs. Goldberg everyone can agree) vs. Lesner to pull off the underdog victory. He beat Kurt at wrestlemania doing what he did best, lieing, cheating and stealing. He went onto feud with JBL who was a very good heel and finish a match where he lost a stupid amount of blood and also faced Rey Mysterio in brilliant matches and never won any of the PPV matches. Finally he started feuding with Batista before sadly passing on. So thats Eddie in a nutshell in his main event push where he must be overrated somewhere and I don't think he's overrated anywhere in this. So please explain :)

Although I do agree with you on is the 'what ifs' of if Eddie and Benoit weren't sadly taken away. Where or what they would of done in their careers. But regardless of whether Chris or Eddie would never hold another title or held the WWE Championship 50 times they would of been just as good.

Well Eddie would of been Champion 1 more time... Benoit probably not.

I think he meant performance wise and by IWC Eddie is overated which i dont think he is.

gravesismizfan
08-28-2011, 12:43 AM
I think pure wrestling wise yea
Imo
He's overrated

VanHooliganX
08-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Well Eddie would of been Champion 1 more time... Benoit probably not.

I think he meant performance wise and by IWC Eddie is overated which i dont think he is.

Well I heard Benoit was supposed to wint he ECW Championship at that night of champions but i dunno if you count those :S

and Eddie had a brilliant moveset, could go lucha and heavyweight moves and get on the mic. Sure he's loved by the IWC, people miss him, thats hardly a overrated thing though is it? O_o
I'd happily exchange him for someone pointless like Kelly Kelly or the Bella twins. People miss Shawn and Edge as well :)

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Well I heard Benoit was supposed to wint he ECW Championship at that night of champions but i dunno if you count those :S

and Eddie had a brilliant moveset, could go lucha and heavyweight moves and get on the mic. Sure he's loved by the IWC, people miss him, thats hardly a overrated thing though is it? O_o
I'd happily exchange him for someone pointless like Kelly Kelly or the Bella twins. People miss Shawn and Edge as well :)

I would trade anyone for a Eddie guerreo.... he is easily better than anyone wrestling today.... yes he is better than Punk in ring

VanHooliganX
08-28-2011, 12:53 AM
I would trade anyone for a Eddie guerreo.... he is easily better than anyone wrestling today.... yes he is better than Punk in ring

We can only hope that his daughter in FCW can bring the torch back with Latino heat (See what I did there? lol)
I'd really like her to have Eddies Cheat 2 win gimmick.

Come to think of it, and coming back on topic, the 1 good thing about Angle is his Gimmick. He plays himself and thats sometimes a hard gimmick to do.

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Eddie and Chris was both in the Prime of their careers....
Beniot had at least another 2 or 3 title reigns left.... maybe even a feud with Cena????
The same applies to Eddie, he had at least another 2 or 3 reigns left... and maybe another big feud as well....

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 01:05 AM
Again Crip all you proving is how far your head is up your behind.....

TNA is a growing promotion with growing pains.... Maybe they got lucky with that 2.0 on that Monday night in January 2010??? Their ratings the same as it has been over the past 4 or so years in the 1.0 to 1.4 range..... I'm willing to say they will make 1.4 this week if not the next 2 weeks???
TNA house shows are 10 times better then WWE from what I have heard....

Next it a very thin line between what is consider good matches... be it 5 star matches or even 1 star.....I just mention random matches and feuds and i see it went over your head.....

And on Edge.... that was iffy then no one knew for sure what was the injuries he had and why until he came out and announced it.....
So you being very unproven yourself.... so choke on that..

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 01:15 AM

TNA is a growing promotion with growing pains.... Maybe they got lucky with that 2.0 on that Monday night in January 2010??? Their ratings the same as it has been over the past 4 or so years in the 1.0 to 1.4 range..... I'm willing to say they will make 1.4 this week if not the next 2 weeks???

Next it a very thin line between what is consider good matches... be it 5 star matches or even 1 star.....I just mention random matches and feuds and i see it went over your head.....

And on Edge.... that was iffy then no one knew for sure what was the injuries he had and why until he came out and announced it.....

on the Edge thing, Iwas right and you were Wrong, you looked like a idiot than and a even bigger one now..... And he annouced it and said why he was retiring and gave 2 speeches and you still claimed he was faking it to go to TNA, so dont pull the crap that after he annoced it you realized it was legit cause you went on for way after he annouced it.

TNA house shows do better than WWE? are you kidding me? or are you saying they are more entertaining than WWE........ cause last time i checked they were drawing 100 or 200 people.... they were here in a small arena comapred to where the WWE performs.

And you said the reason TNA has bad ratings is cause they are on spike and if they switch stations they would get over double the ratings........ point is you changed the argument cause i proved you wrong by showing you TNA did get double the ratings they got when they had that big show but everyone hated the product so much they went back to their horrible ratings.... and WWE was on spike when they had less cable providers and they were drawing 3.0s and 4.0s. So please dont change the subject cause you are in a losing battle.

So we are arguing about 5 star matches and classics so you fucking list every match and feud Angle has been in? hows that make sence?....... You clearly have no idea how to debate or to prove your point

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 01:20 AM

How does this statment prove me to be unproven? it was you that was Wrong and everyone else was right.... Your theories are stupid and some how im unproven? makes no sense, Are you like retarded or something? im being serious... please explain to me how in the hell you come up with im unproven when your theory was wrong and you admit it was wrong?

Please tell me how TNA being a grown company has anything to do with your dumb theory that if they were on a diff network they double their ratings cause no cable providers have Spike?

SilverGhost
08-28-2011, 01:21 AM
Are ya just about done?

HCollins...I think it does matter on who is right and wrong. The point being is that we can learn from interactions.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 01:22 AM
Who cares who was right or wrong......

Everyone does....... the point is, you got dumb theories... we prove it over and over.. then you tell me your theories are fact...... If you wanna debate about something do it properly and stop being such a die hard mark, you remind me of a less intelligent Viper, But Viper atleast made a little sense once in a while.

VanHooliganX
08-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Hahahahahaha!

That was sadly my reaction as well lol

I'll stay on topic thouhg and say Kurt, you're wrong. You're not the best in the world but if you can pull of a major upset and win it i'll probably say you are the best :)
Maybe APOEL will win this years champions league and shamrock rovers will win the Europa League :D

Kurt is 1 of the best but not THE best.

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 01:32 AM
Who cares who is right or wrong..... You making yourself to be the bigger idiot crying like a baby saying "I'm right I'm right, you wrong you wrong"
Lots of wrestlers have done the retirement angle only to be back...

TNA does do better house shows... more then 100 or 200 people in some cases 500 or more.... I think several Base Brawl event had nearly 2000 fans...

When the WWE was on Spike lots of cable companies still had the channel due to it changed from TNN the Nashville Network... after WWE left lots of cable and satelite companies dropped the channel or such.... Another thing TNA is on a less desireable night they lucky they have between 1.0 and 1.4 ratings.... with network TV and other channels....

I'm talking about matches and feuds all... and so on.... you want to keep arguing.... when I have made my points over and over and over....
Angle been in more great matches then you want to admit....
You clearly have no idea how to interput a debatable thought... or have little knowledge of wrestling all together...

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 01:43 AM
How does this statment prove me to be unproven? it was you that was Wrong and everyone else was right.... Your theories are stupid and some how im unproven? makes no sense, Are you like retarded or something? im being serious... please explain to me how in the hell you come up with im unproven when your theory was wrong and you admit it was wrong?

Please tell me how TNA being a grown company has anything to do with your dumb theory that if they were on a diff network they double their ratings cause no cable providers have Spike?

There's a old saying you are what you say others are....
So Crip you are Wrong you are stupid and you are a retarded.....
I made point 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 pages back and you want to keep ranting on like a child that pooped it pants.....

TNA in many ways is like like WWE was 20 years ago..... A young wrestling company/ show..... it take time for ratings to grow.....
WWEs ratings in the early 90s/1993 for RAW was about 1.0 to 2.0 it took them 5 to 6 years to get up to 3.0 and higher....
Spike is a much smaller channel now then it was when WWE was there.... It can be proven....

Something that you lack to prove yourself.....

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 01:46 AM
Everyone does....... the point is, you got dumb theories... we prove it over and over.. then you tell me your theories are fact...... If you wanna debate about something do it properly and stop being such a die hard mark, you remind me of a less intelligent Viper, But Viper atleast made a little sense once in a while.

Hahahahahaha replying to a deleted post....

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Who cares who is right or wrong..... You making yourself to be the bigger idiot crying like a baby saying "I'm right I'm right, you wrong you wrong"
Lots of wrestlers have done the retirement angle only to be back...

TNA does do better house shows... more then 100 or 200 people in some cases 500 or more.... I think several Base Brawl event had nearly 2000 fans...

When the WWE was on Spike lots of cable companies still had the channel due to it changed from TNN the Nashville Network... after WWE left lots of cable and satelite companies dropped the channel or such.... Another thing TNA is on a less desireable night they lucky they have between 1.0 and 1.4 ratings.... with network TV and other channels....

I'm talking about matches and feuds all... and so on.... you want to keep arguing.... when I have made my points over and over and over....
Angle been in more great matches then you want to admit....
You clearly have no idea how to interput a debatable thought... or have little knowledge of wrestling all together...

TNA could be on NBC on tuesday and it still do the same rating....... they were on Monday and did even worse ratings than they do now..... So what night should they be on? and like I said USA and Spike have just as many providers, the Diffrence in providers would not effect TNAs ratings.... it is a very unproven fact... I think you are the only person making that ridcules argument.

I never discredited Angles Career.... I follwed his WWF/WWE run and very little of his terrible TNA run........ he is overated..... he thinks to highly of himself. he is insane.... he had the nerve to say he carried Eddie Guerreo. In their WM20 match Angle destroyed the match with his borring waist locks and basic rest holds that lasted forever. he no sold Eddies offence and the only redeeming part of that match was Eddies performance and the unquie way Edddie won the match, Honestly, Eddies ending added a half a star to the match... without that ending and Kurt in control of the matches, their other matches sucked.

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Things we learned from this thread
1 Kurt Angle is a accomplished wrestler.
2 Crippler lives in the past..
3 Crippler don't know wrestling or wrestling history...
4 why argue and get everyone confused....
5 I was wrong about Edge yes I admit as I admitted it 4 months ago.....
6 debates get me fired up......
7 it been a long day.......
8 name calling don't prove you right as well that goes for Crippler and me both........

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 01:54 AM
Hahahahahaha replying to a deleted post....

What the Fuck are you talking about?

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 02:05 AM
There's a old saying you are what you say others are....
So Crip you are Wrong you are stupid and you are a retarded.....
I made point 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 pages back and you want to keep ranting on like a child that pooped it pants.....

TNA in many ways is like like WWE was 20 years ago..... A young wrestling company/ show..... it take time for ratings to grow.....
WWEs ratings in the early 90s/1993 for RAW was about 1.0 to 2.0 it took them 5 to 6 years to get up to 3.0 and higher....
Spike is a much smaller channel now then it was when WWE was there.... It can be proven....

Something that you lack to prove yourself.....

So what ever I call you iam? so basicly all your saying is "I'm rubber, your glue, what ever you say bounces of me and sticks to you"... that is a childish and stupid comment.... you know nothing about debating, i proved you to be a idiot and everyone is laughing at you. Even the people that agree with you are laughing at you by the way you debate.

Yes their Tv product was low ratings... actually high for Wrestling.... but their House shows were Drawing, Their PPVs were Drawing... in 92 WWE drew 60 some thousand in the UK, so some how you think TNA can do that....... WWE 2 years ago was a big huge company. TNA isnt.... You can compare ratings and thats about it... but PPV buyrates, Video and Merch sales, House show and PPV attendance was all muchhhhhhhh higher.... and 20 years ago cable was a Luxury not something a common household had.......

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Things we learned from this thread
1 Kurt Angle is a accomplished wrestler.
2 Crippler lives in the past..
3 Crippler don't know wrestling or wrestling history...
4 why argue and get everyone confused....
5 I was wrong about Edge yes I admit as I admitted it 4 months ago.....
6 debates get me fired up......
7 it been a long day.......
8 name calling don't prove you right as well that goes for Crippler and me both........

So you learned from this thread that it has been a long day?

So i live in the past cause i enjoy matches from the 90s or early 2000's.... or is it cause I brought out how dumb your theories and showed how you are unproven.

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 02:10 AM
TNA could be on NBC on tuesday and it still do the same rating....... they were on Monday and did even worse ratings than they do now..... So what night should they be on? and like I said USA and Spike have just as many providers, the Diffrence in providers would not effect TNAs ratings.... it is a very unproven fact... I think you are the only person making that ridcules argument.

I never discredited Angles Career.... I follwed his WWF/WWE run and very little of his terrible TNA run........ he is overated..... he thinks to highly of himself. he is insane.... he had the nerve to say he carried Eddie Guerreo. In their WM20 match Angle destroyed the match with his borring waist locks and basic rest holds that lasted forever. he no sold Eddies offence and the only redeeming part of that match was Eddies performance and the unquie way Edddie won the match, Honestly, Eddies ending added a half a star to the match... without that ending and Kurt in control of the matches, their other matches sucked.

1st off we/you and I or others have no way of proving what ratings TNA could do on another or another network..... Spike isn't on as many cable providers like they once was...

Then also look at the top rank cable channels......
Top cable networks include USA Network (general entertainment), ESPN and Fox Sports (sports), MTV (music), CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC (news), Syfy (science fiction), Disney Channel (family), Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network (Children's), Discovery Channel and Animal Planet (documentaries), TBS (comedy), TNT (drama) and Lifetime (women's)....

Spike isn't one of them..... one can look at the rating every week a see the numbers.... that are and isn't there...

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 02:11 AM
So you learned from this thread that it has been a long day?

So i live in the past cause i enjoy matches from the 90s or early 2000's.... or is it cause I brought out how dumb your theories and showed how you are unproven.

Nah just how dumb your theories are and unproven!!!!

Prove to me Kurt Angle isn't the best and prove to me Flair isn't the best.....
Their wins and loses and titles and matches speak for my argument....

What excuse now you going to use????? more name calling or insults?????

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 02:12 AM
What the Fuck are you talking about?

i deleted that post you replied to....

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 02:20 AM
i deleted that post you replied to....

and? sooo? you got embarrsed of your post and delted and suddenly im a idiot?

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 02:22 AM
and? sooo? you got embarrsed of your post and delted and suddenly im a idiot?

No i added to the statement..... and yes you are putting a long reply in that seemingly don't matter....

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Nah just how dumb your theories are and unproven!!!!

Prove to me Kurt Angle isn't the best and prove to me Flair isn't the best.....
Their wins and loses and titles and matches speak for my argument....

What excuse now you going to use????? more name calling or insults?????

Warrior Never lost clean to anyone neither did Goldberg... So i guess they are the best right?

You wanna kayfabe this fucking shit fine.

Flair cheated in all his matches and he lost most his matches by DQ..... he has never beaten Hogan Clean...Hogan drew more money than Flair ever dreamed of... he won more matches in his prime, he was in more PPV main events than Flair and Angle Combined.

Steve Austin was the main reason WWF was finally able to close down WCW, he drew way more money than Flair, he Beat mostly everyone clean... he main evented Wrestlmania 14, 15 and 17 and Flair Never main evented a mania, Kurt only one.... Austin has beat Kurt angle more times than angle as beat him, i think angle only holds 1 Win over austin and austin beat him like 30 times.

Bret Hart has never lost to Ric Flair by Pin or submission... Bret Hart as beat Ric Flair everytimne time they been in the ring (besides a Countout loss)..... Bret Hart has held the WWF title more times than Ric Flair, he has made way more money than Flair has ever made in wrestling..... Bret Hart has held the title longer than Angle has.

Cena has Wrestled for the title at every WM for the last 6 years..... He has drawn and made more money than Angle and Flair combined.... he is the number one guy in WWE which is something Angle and Flair could never do..... He has beaten Shawn Michales, HHH, Batista, Randy Orton, chris Jericho, Edge, Big Show, CM Punk.... the list goes on and on and he did it all without cheating.

IS that the argument you wanna do? cause if you go by win loss records and title wins then a Cena, austin, hogan, Warrior and Goldberg is gonna win the best wrestler ever.

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Warrior Never lost clean to anyone neither did Goldberg... So i guess they are the best right?

You wanna kayfabe this fucking shit fine.

Flair cheated in all his matches and he lost most his matches by DQ..... he has never beaten Hogan Clean...Hogan drew more money than Flair ever dreamed of... he won more matches in his prime, he was in more PPV main events than Flair and Angle Combined.

Steve Austin was the main reason WWF was finally able to close down WCW, he drew way more money than Flair, he Beat mostly everyone clean... he main evented Wrestlmania 14, 15 and 17 and Flair Never main evented a mania, Kurt only one.... Austin has beat Kurt angle more times than angle as beat him, i think angle only holds 1 Win over austin and austin beat him like 30 times.

Bret Hart has never lost to Ric Flair by Pin or submission... Bret Hart as beat Ric Flair everytimne time they been in the ring (besides a Countout loss)..... Bret Hart has held the WWF title more times than Ric Flair, he has made way more money than Flair has ever made in wrestling..... Bret Hart has held the title longer than Angle has.

Cena has Wrestled for the title at every WM for the last 6 years..... He has drawn and made more money than Angle and Flair combined.... he is the number one guy in WWE which is something Angle and Flair could never do..... He has beaten Shawn Michales, HHH, Batista, Randy Orton, chris Jericho, Edge, Big Show, CM Punk.... the list goes on and on and he did it all without cheating.

IS that the argument you wanna do? cause if you go by win loss records and title wins then a Cena, austin, hogan, Warrior and Goldberg is gonna win the best wrestler ever.

LOL and LMAO

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 02:48 AM
LOL and LMAO

exactly what I think when you use things like titles won and win loss records to argue whos the best in ring performer.

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 03:00 AM
Goldberg beated several guys cleanly and so did Warrior...

Most of Flair's match was 60 minute draws not DQs that why he kept the title so long in the 80s and was also where he came up with the term 60 minute man...

Austin wasn't the reason WCW went out of business.... Jamie Kellner is the reason WCW went under he had he eyes sat on overpaying guys , devaluing the product that WCW was so he could sale it cheaply.... Hell he barely succeed.... WCW was still pulling in rating near 3.0 in 2000/early 2001...

Bret Hart only wrestle Flair a handful of times on TV maybe a few 100 matches at house shows... most of what you talking about is TV matches in Flair agreed to lose to, to put Bret over...

In no way has Cena mad more money the Flair and Angle combine.... Sure he a Main Event star but he just like Hulk Hogan...

Will say Austin was great until he was fired from WCW.... Cena only thing he got going for him he's WWE poster boy... Warrior only held the WWF/E title once and was all hype... Goldberg he did have the streak and was the 2nd guy to hold the US and World title both.....

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 03:07 AM

Most of Flair's match was 60 minute draws not DQs that why he kept the title so long in the 80s and was also where he came up with the term 60 minute man...

Austin wasn't the reason WCW went out of business.... Jamie Kellner is the reason WCW went under he had he eyes sat on overpaying guys , devaluing the product that WCW was so he could sale it cheaply.... Hell he barely succeed.... WCW was still pulling in rating near 3.0 in 2000/early 2001...

Bret Hart only wrestle Flair a handful of times on TV maybe a few 100 matches at house shows... most of what you talking about is TV matches in Flair agreed to lose to, to put Bret over...

In no way has Cena mad more money the Flair and Angle combine.... Sure he a Main Event star but he just like Hulk Hogan...

Will say Austin was great until he was fired from WCW.... Cena only thing he got going for him he's WWE poster boy... Warrior only held the WWF/E title once and was all hype... Goldberg he did have the streak and was the 2nd guy to hold the US and World title both.....

School 'em homie school 'em!

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 03:07 AM
exactly what I think when you use things like titles won and win loss records to argue whos the best in ring performer.

But the best arguements are made with win losses and draws and titles and accomplishments.....

If you don't look at them you looking at how the company use them..... Such as Austin or Cena or Jericho.... sure they are proven sure they have won titles.... but it don't mean they are the best.....

With this I'm out of here for the night/ morning LOL.....
Will say to each and their own opinion we are all entitle to have a seperate opinion things...
You think your way... I'll think my way..... If we think alike something is wrong.....

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 03:22 AM

Wow Flair went 60 mintues in matches where most the match consisted of a head lock or arm bar for 10 mins at a time... big fucking deal, Fat ass Dusty Rhodes went 1 hour all the time..... Iron Mike Sharp was a jobber and he was known to go 90 mintues.... i seen Flairs hour matches, alot of them are very lazy for most of the match to buy time........ Flair lost alot of matches by dq, alot.

Flair didnt wanna lose to Bret Hart, one of the reasons they dont like each other...... he wanted to keep the title cause he said his inner ear problem wasnt a big deal and he get it fixed (which it wasnt) but Vince wanted to be safe and get the belt off him... plus Vince wasnt a fan of Flairs, he wasnt impressed with him....... Flair didnt wanna drop to belt to Bret Hart, he was forced too..... In WCW Flair hated Hart and didnt wanna put him over but he was forced to by WCW.

Austin is the best all around wrestler ever, i dont have to prove that, it speaks for it self.

Cena brings in around 6 million a year, maybe 5 million.... Flair at his best maybe brought a million in a year maybe...... Angle maybe a million million in a half.... they are no where near what Cena brings in.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 03:25 AM
But the best arguements are made with win losses and draws and titles and accomplishments.....

If you don't look at them you looking at how the company use them..... Such as Austin or Cena or Jericho.... sure they are proven sure they have won titles.... but it don't mean they are the best.....

With this I'm out of here for the night/ morning LOL.....
Will say to each and their own opinion we are all entitle to have a seperate opinion things...
You think your way... I'll think my way..... If we think alike something is wrong.....

No when you go by titles and win loss records you are going by how the company used a wrestler.
When you go by promo skills and abilty to make people look good, match quality, impact on wrestling and what they meant to wrestling then you are looking at talent.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 03:39 AM
No when you go by titles and win loss records you are going by how the company used a wrestler.
When you go by promo skills and ability to make people look good, match quality, impact on wrestling and what they meant to wrestling then you are looking at talent.

I usually laugh at what you say but this is really well said.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 03:40 AM

Austin Took a Company that was going bankrupt, and so close to closing that they took the water coolers out of the office cause they couldnt afford to pay it... and WCW was a thriving company. and within a Few year Austin made WWE a billion dollar company and put WCW out of bussiness.... Could Angle make TNA number 1 and put WWE out of bussiness? Hell No.... could Ric Flair take WCW/NWA from distant number 2 promotion to number 1 and put WWF out of bussiness? Hell no he never came close.... Austin did, he did it Single handly.... he had to help create new stars such as Foley and Rock.... Austin is the man in this bussiness, say what you want but the fact is in 1997 WWF almost closed down, they gave Austin the number one spot and from then on they destroyed the compition and owned them, he over came incredible odds..... so unless Kurt Angle takes TNA from distant number 2 promotion to Number 1 and Makes TNA buy out their comption then he shouldnt or you shouldnt talk about accomplishments.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 03:41 AM
I usually laugh at what you say but this is really well said.

No one cares what you think.... my point always gets across reguadless if I cap my i or not..... in this whole debate I made H collins look like a idiot as he keeps on changing his words around and he just looks dumb.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 03:45 AM
No one cares what you think.... my point always gets across reguadless if I cap my i or not..... in this whole debate I made H collins look like a idiot as he keeps on changing his words around and he just looks dumb.

Your spelling is a bigger problem than the capitalization of your I's

Re-gard-less *
A-bil-ity*

And I said really well said not really well spelled and punctuated.

HeelTurn
08-28-2011, 03:49 AM
I would tend to agree with him, he makes almost anyone look good, he has the intensity and in ring skills.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 03:55 AM
I would tend to agree with him, he makes almost anyone look good, he has the intensity and in ring skills.

Angle is one intense SOB.

ObscureRessurection
08-28-2011, 04:17 AM
Everyone is self-opinionated these days. I will not say that he is horrible out of spite either like many have done on this thread. The guy is a legend an he is currently working through so many injuries that normal people would retire over. He puts his body on the line week after week an it really makes me wonder if he will actually die inside of a wrestling ring like Kevin Nash had said recently in an interview. His view on himself is simply a reflected view of what the audience says he is. By us giving him that ego boost he is actually not in the wrong, at all.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 04:34 AM
Your spelling is a bigger problem than the capitalization of your I's

Re-gard-less *
A-bil-ity*

And I said really well said not really well spelled and punctuated.

Wow and I said no one cares about what you think......... if I felt like spelling correctly I would get a spell check and get off the phone and pay attention when I post...... and oh yeah why dont you proof read your little friend H Collins or what ever his name is.... most his post are unreadable.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 04:38 AM
Angle is one intense SOB.

S.O.B.

You have to put the period at the End of each letter to show it is a abbreviations.

Dont ever tell me how to punctuate, You have just lost that right.

ObscureRessurection
08-28-2011, 04:45 AM
Not to be the sour grape of this thread, but I think that when someone tries to derail a thread they should at least add some insight on the wrestler known as Kurt Angle. That way the next poster could pick up on it if they choose to.

On topic: I wish I could hear Kurt Angle's WWE theme again inside of an arena one last time. The electricity that radiates off of the crowd when he comes out is astonishing.

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Not to be the sour grape of this thread, but I think that when someone tries to derail a thread they should at least add some insight on the wrestler known as Kurt Angle. That way the next poster could pick up on it if they choose to.

On topic: I wish I could hear Kurt Angle's WWE theme again inside of an arena one last time. The electricity that radiates off of the crowd when he comes out is astonishing.

I think that what Crippler wanted to do throw people off topic.... and Brag about other wrestlers....

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Wow and I said no one cares about what you think......... if I felt like spelling correctly I would get a spell check and get off the phone and pay attention when I post...... and oh yeah why dont you proof read your little friend H Collins or what ever his name is.... most his post are unreadable.

Yes I make mistakes who cares they can be corrected we all miss up once in while or more..

HCollins-TNA1
08-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Austin Took a Company that was going bankrupt, and so close to closing that they took the water coolers out of the office cause they couldnt afford to pay it... and WCW was a thriving company. and within a Few year Austin made WWE a billion dollar company and put WCW out of bussiness.... Could Angle make TNA number 1 and put WWE out of bussiness? Hell No.... could Ric Flair take WCW/NWA from distant number 2 promotion to number 1 and put WWF out of bussiness? Hell no he never came close.... Austin did, he did it Single handly.... he had to help create new stars such as Foley and Rock.... Austin is the man in this bussiness, say what you want but the fact is in 1997 WWF almost closed down, they gave Austin the number one spot and from then on they destroyed the compition and owned them, he over came incredible odds..... so unless Kurt Angle takes TNA from distant number 2 promotion to Number 1 and Makes TNA buy out their comption then he shouldnt or you shouldnt talk about accomplishments.

Austin didn't do that..... I was Austin, HBK, Undertaker, Foley, Triple H, the Rock and others.... We have no way of really knowing how bad off the WWE was in the mid 90s.... I really don't think they was that bad off..
Austin was made into the modern day Hulk Hogan when he went to the WWE, before he had talent and wrestling skills and ability... Whereas in the WWE he was limited to 5 to 7 moves.. (a lock up, Thesz Press, punches, stomps, a elbow, and the stunner)....
WCW was thriving until Jamie Keller came and demoted Bischoff, thus Bischoff step down cause he had less creative control.....
Don't believe everything the WWE tells you on they bias DVDs and books....
Yeah TNA is the a distant 2nd but they still growing, like I have said they much like the WWE when in the early 90s or even like NWA/WCW in the 80s.... Building a fan base and growing.....
The Ratings proves it..... they have kept or picked up fans.... keeping in the 1.0 to 1.4 rating numbers...

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 03:32 PM
S.O.B.

You have to put the period at the End of each letter to show it is a abbreviations.

Dont ever tell me how to punctuate, You have just lost that right.

So now your going to make up grammar rules?

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Austin didn't do that..... I was Austin, HBK, Undertaker, Foley, Triple H, the Rock and others.... We have no way of really knowing how bad off the WWE was in the mid 90s.... I really don't think they was that bad off..
Austin was made into the modern day Hulk Hogan when he went to the WWE, before he had talent and wrestling skills and ability... Whereas in the WWE he was limited to 5 to 7 moves.. (a lock up, Thesz Press, punches, stomps, a elbow, and the stunner)....
WCW was thriving until Jamie Keller came and demoted Bischoff, thus Bischoff step down cause he had less creative control.....
Don't believe everything the WWE tells you on they bias DVDs and books....
Yeah TNA is the a distant 2nd but they still growing, like I have said they much like the WWE when in the early 90s or even like NWA/WCW in the 80s.... Building a fan base and growing.....
The Ratings proves it..... they have kept or picked up fans.... keeping in the 1.0 to 1.4 rating numbers...

Austin was much, much better in his WWF run than his WCW run.

Austin vs Bret Hart SS96
Austin vs Bret Hart WM13, considered the best match ever
Austin vs Rock WM 17, a pure classic
Austin vs Foley Over the Edge, Intense, Over Booked master piece.
Austin vs Angle SS2001... Incredible match
Austin vs Benoit Smackdown.. one of the best free TV matches ever.
Austin vs HHH 3 stages of hell

These are all 5 star matches or close to it... Austin was a incredible Wrestler, Amazing on the mic and had a intense main event aura about him.
Austin could have a technical master piece with Bret Hart.... a exciting, over the top main event WWE style match with the Rock... a violent, intense brawl with Mick Foley... or he can go with a Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit and suplex the shit out of each other.

Look it up he had a great match with a old, out of shape Ric Flair and the match rules were you cant throw a punch..... so those who have the dumb claim that Austin can only kick and punch should really watch his matches.... Cause for someone who cant wrestle he sure had more great matches than the so called greatest you put in your top 5.

See the diffrence between me and you, is i can be biased, Did Ric Flair have incredible matches? of course, has he cut amazing promos? yes... is Kurt Angle a Great Wrestler? yesss times 100... I know these men have had a impact on wrestling and some of their matches are my favorite of all times.... but you just dont like Austin so you turn a blind eye to all his Great legendary matches and degrade his impact on wrestling.

So dont beileve Vince Mcmahon when he says he was very close to Going out of bussiness and basicly weeped on camera?. Dont beilve employess that worked for the WWF that have said they couldnt afford the office building in titan towers?.... dont beileve Eric Bishoff who said WWE were taking the water coolers out of the building and disconecting long distance from the phones cause they couldnt afford to pay it... but beileve you who goes on theory?. yeah i think we all have a good idea how close WWE was to going out of bussiness. it isnt rumors this came from the mouths of people in charge....... Austin carried a doomed company on his back and put out a billion dollar juggernaut that was WCW.... its a feat that no one in wrestling could accomplish.... you can say alot of people helped Austin, but the point is, without Austin it wouldnt happen, everyone else was replaceable, Austin wasnt..... No disrespect to Foley, Taker, Rock or HHH. but im sure they all say the same thing Austin was the Flame that lit the WWF on fire.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 04:13 PM
I think that what Crippler wanted to do throw people off topic.... and Brag about other wrestlers....

Noo, the thing is When someone says they are "The Best Ever" of course that thread is going to lead to people praising him, People putting him down and People who will say noo and name people they think are better than him......... the thread was about Angle.... you went from comparing Angle to other wrestlers and matches and such and such which was relivant to the thread, all the Way to TNA not being on the right station and how their gonna grow and blah blah, which has nothing to do with the thread, its not how fast TNA is growing or what promotion is better. Its about Is Kurt Angle the best and who is better than him if not.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Back to the subject... I think That Kurt Angle is not even the best amature Wrestler in pro Wrestling history. From what i heard and Read Danny Hodge was a freaking Wrestling master.... Do your self a favor read up on Danny hodge, his Record and Stories speak for them self.

Y2Jryder
08-28-2011, 04:37 PM
everybody has their opinions, so has Kurt

Rich Cranium
08-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Back to the subject... I think That Kurt Angle is not even the best amature Wrestler in pro Wrestling history. From what i heard and Read Danny Hodge was a freaking Wrestling master.... Do your self a favor read up on Danny hodge, his Record and Stories speak for them self.

Danny Hodge is a Silver medalist, Kurt is a Gold medalist so Kurt wins as far as the greatest amateur to turn pro.

VKM
08-28-2011, 05:04 PM

Best thing that was ever said in this thread

maar13
08-28-2011, 10:01 PM

This one beats all.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 10:48 PM
This one beats all.

yes Kurt does and its obvisley a very high one of himself

THE_CRIPPLER
08-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Yes I make mistakes who cares they can be corrected we all miss up once in while or more..

My point exactly....... you make alot of mistakes but most the time i understand the typos and mistakes and vice versa.... but this guy just goes to every post bugging me about not capping my "I" and just being a bitch.... dont get me wrong their is some people that are just impossible to understand but I dont think mine are that hard to read.

ObscureRessurection
08-29-2011, 06:20 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Kurt Angle is looking very unhealthy an anorexic lately?

steveorton
08-29-2011, 08:15 AM
He's not the best, I'm jus sayin...

maar13
08-29-2011, 11:17 AM
yes Kurt does and its obvisley a very high one of himself

Well and you are obviously very low on him. Even bringing his background, in which, sorry, record and all crap aside, from championships and being a gold medalist, he was the best at the time, period.

Damn when you don't like someone you really try to make your point come across, don't you?

In the end like I said before, If he says he is the best and believes it, kudos to him, arrogant or not at this stage of the game that is the attitude he has to have to make it to the Olympics, otherwise he is not going to accomplish anything, even with this attitude he might not make it but I hope he does.

maar13
08-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Kurt Angle is looking very unhealthy an anorexic lately?

I think he is cutting weight to make it to the team, it is freaking scary to see the Kurt Angle of 2004 to the pics of the Kurt of 2011, muscle mass is just scary how much lot has he lost, but then again, maybe all that weight was unhealty for him at the time.

maar13
08-29-2011, 02:31 PM

Juts for the record on this, you got it all wrong. Austin was a phenomenon, yes, but he didn't do it alone and what sparked interest in all that was that The shifted the game with the incident at Survivor Series 1997. Austin never did anything single handily, he had a great set of guys backing him up and a boss putting everything behind him, even himself to make it all work, Austin didn't help Foley to get established, it was the other way around at the time, Austin did help elevate the Rock as a heel but the people responsible for The Rock rise to the top were actually Foley and HHH, not Austin, if anything, being the Number one bad guy help Austin to get even more established.

Just like Hulk Hogan, the set of people surrounding them were great and help them to get even more established as Icons, yes both men were amazing and deserving of the Number one spot of their company (Never liked Hogan, but recognize his star power back then) but none of they never achieved any of this all by themselves.

No one took WCW out of business but Time Warner, company in which WCW didn't fit anymore, WWE was taking them down in the ratings, that is true, but they just decided they didn't want it anymore, even when Bischoff tried to get it, they were selling it with out the TV time, and with the huge contracts, with out TV or even a dam sponsor, there is no way you can maintain the company.

Could Kurt Angle helped TNA back when he jumped? Not really, why? too much of one company really being all in Wrestling, TNA is years away from getting there, not even if they took the most popular guy, which they did with Jeff Hardy, but they dropped the ball with him and even if they didn't, they were still way far from the marketing and the media monster that the WWE is.

HCollins-TNA1
08-29-2011, 06:45 PM

Danny Hodge was good or great.... had a good won /lost one of the best win records ever in college and amentur... but he no where near Angle's ability or level... Hodge was Light weight or Jr weight and only held a few titles... Hodge even has a title named after in collegiate wrestling even crossed over into boxing...
Angle is a HW and have won more titles as well....

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Guy was a solid heel back in the Attitude Era and in the Alliance Era.

His feud with Brock Lesnar was epic. So too was his feud with Chris Beniot.

The guy could carry anyone in a match and make them look good.

I would honestly say if you wouldnt be able to find a more rounded superstar he was excellent across the board.

BUT i still believe there are more entertaining wrestlers that have been and gone. And i consider the most entertaining wrestlers to be the greatest of all time

HCollins-TNA1
08-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Juts for the record on this, you got it all wrong. Austin was a phenomenon, yes, but he didn't do it alone and what sparked interest in all that was that The shifted the game with the incident at Survivor Series 1997. Austin never did anything single handily, he had a great set of guys backing him up and a boss putting everything behind him, even himself to make it all work, Austin didn't help Foley to get established, it was the other way around at the time, Austin did help elevate the Rock as a heel but the people responsible for The Rock rise to the top were actually Foley and HHH, not Austin, if anything, being the Number one bad guy help Austin to get even more established.

Just like Hulk Hogan, the set of people surrounding them were great and help them to get even more established as Icons, yes both men were amazing and deserving of the Number one spot of their company (Never liked Hogan, but recognize his star power back then) but none of they never achieved any of this all by themselves.

No one took WCW out of business but Time Warner, company in which WCW didn't fit anymore, WWE was taking them down in the ratings, that is true, but they just decided they didn't want it anymore, even when Bischoff tried to get it, they were selling it with out the TV time, and with the huge contracts, with out TV or even a dam sponsor, there is no way you can maintain the company.

Could Kurt Angle helped TNA back when he jumped? Not really, why? too much of one company really being all in Wrestling, TNA is years away from getting there, not even if they took the most popular guy, which they did with Jeff Hardy, but they dropped the ball with him and even if they didn't, they were still way far from the marketing and the media monster that the WWE is.

With the paragraph the thing is wrestling has changed in the past 10 or 15 years thanks to the Internet and computers.... Not so much the spoilers... but everything can be seen on a computer now... all of WWE shows is also broadcast on the net... Impact is broadcast on the net... ROH will be broadcast on the net.... The NWA and many Indys have their shows on the internet.... although it may have little to do with ratings... another thing is time and day and cable channel or TV channel USA is established channel... not so much Spike as they are about 10 years old.. ROH will be a syndication show which could be pre-emitted by specials, other sports, news or etc....

THE_CRIPPLER
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM

With all due respect for those guys, they helped a great deal... but the point is if their was no Rock WWE still would of been number 1... if there wasnt a Foley, it still WWE would be number 1... if no taker and HHH then yes WWE would still be number 1.... No Austin umm noo i dont think so..... And i agree with you, Austin didnt due a fraction of what Foley did to make the Rock and HHH.... Austin gave him the main event rub just by being in a feud with him. But Foley was the one that made Rock and HHH look like main eventers, he did a amazing job of getting mid card talent ready for Austin level feud.

WCW was taken down cause the merger yes, but if their Ratings were not in the toilet and still doing 4.0 or 5.0 then yes they probably would of kept them on but the last year of Nirto was looking like TNA with a 2.1 most of the time.... thats brinign in half the ratings or less.....not to mention WWF PPVs were being ordered not WCW, so yes the truth is Austin made WWF the number 1 and the reason they are at the success they are is cause of Austin and the Era he brought, the gritty, intense uncensored erea he ushered in..... I honestly think there could of been many people to take Hogans place, Hogan played a part very well... But Austin was Austin, no one could of played that part, it wasnt something Vince created and had him fill the part, it was Austin..... Hate him or like him he is the man in wrestling, he made WWE the global company it is.... and he did have great mic skills and he was Very good in the ring, i even say Great.

Maybe Austin was a very giving guy... didnt put alot of people over, but to say he wasnt the biggest draw in wrestling and the standered is just ridcules, he did what no wrestler now or before could do in just 3 to 4 short years.

Austin dont get the respect he really deserves... you look at promos, one of the best ever (maybe the best).....Marketing and draw, Well Vince Mcmahon said him self Austin made the company the most money. but if you wanna debate for the sake of debating then we will say he is atleast in the top 2.... Match quality: Austin had incredible matches, some of the best matches every..... Story telling and psycholgy: Bret Hart WM13 is all i have to say, the man could use Psycholgy with the best of them....Impact on Wrestling: No one, maybe just Hogan had as much impact on wrestling as Austin.... Respect from his fellow Wrestlers: Everyone will agree and call Austin the best all around Wrestler and he has respect from Almost everyone in wrestling.... You really cant run down Austin and deny him..... You may not like him or his style but you cant deny what he accomplished.

Austin do it single handly? naa i was being overly dramamtic but he was the main guy and honestly besides Vince Mcmahon if you take everyone out of the picture I still think Austin would be just as big and the WWE would still be where they are right now.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Well and you are obviously very low on him. Even bringing his background, in which, sorry, record and all crap aside, from championships and being a gold medalist, he was the best at the time, period.

Damn when you don't like someone you really try to make your point come across, don't you?

In the end like I said before, If he says he is the best and believes it, kudos to him, arrogant or not at this stage of the game that is the attitude he has to have to make it to the Olympics, otherwise he is not going to accomplish anything, even with this attitude he might not make it but I hope he does.

You see this is not what im getting What does the Olympics and a Gold medal have to do with anything?........ if Angle won another Gold medal at the olympics, It would prove to me Angle is the Greatest Amature/Freestyle Wrestler of all time (Idont know anything about the sport).... it would show Kurt is a incredible athlete and maybe the best ever.... but that wouldnt mean a thing in Prowrestling, its not a real sport.... Micheal Jordan is considered one of the greatest athletes ever but I wouldnt call him the greatest wrestler ever if he was in WWE.... Freestyle Olympic wrestling resembles a bit of Prowrestling, MMAs more so, so its like me saying Brock lesnar and Ken Shamrock were the best Wrestlers cause of what they did in MMA....... i mostly focus on his prowrestling career... which it is a incredible one... and I did love Angle and some my favorite matches involve Angle but I dont see how the IWC or Angle himself considers himself the best.... for a set of fans who complain about psycholgy and the lack of it from wrestlers, dont they see that Angle rarly used psycholgy.

I dont dislike Kurt Angle but I dont see why anyone or he himself consider himself the best.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 07:27 PM
I dont dislike Kurt Angle but I dont see why anyone or he himself consider himself the best.

Same reason why people would consider Bret Hart to be the best

HCollins-TNA1
08-29-2011, 07:36 PM
With all due respect for those guys, they helped a great deal... but the point is if their was no Rock WWE still would of been number 1... if there wasnt a Foley, it still WWE would be number 1... if no taker and HHH then yes WWE would still be number 1.... No Austin umm noo i dont think so..... And i agree with you, Austin didnt due a fraction of what Foley did to make the Rock and HHH.... Austin gave him the main event rub just by being in a feud with him. But Foley was the one that made Rock and HHH look like main eventers, he did a amazing job of getting mid card talent ready for Austin level feud.

WCW was taken down cause the merger yes, but if their Ratings were not in the toilet and still doing 4.0 or 5.0 then yes they probably would of kept them on but the last year of Nirto was looking like TNA with a 2.1 most of the time.... thats brinign in half the ratings or less.....not to mention WWF PPVs were being ordered not WCW, so yes the truth is Austin made WWF the number 1 and the reason they are at the success they are is cause of Austin and the Era he brought, the gritty, intense uncensored erea he ushered in..... I honestly think there could of been many people to take Hogans place, Hogan played a part very well... But Austin was Austin, no one could of played that part, it wasnt something Vince created and had him fill the part, it was Austin..... Hate him or like him he is the man in wrestling, he made WWE the global company it is.... and he did have great mic skills and he was Very good in the ring, i even say Great.

Maybe Austin was a very giving guy... didnt put alot of people over, but to say he wasnt the biggest draw in wrestling and the standered is just ridcules, he did what no wrestler now or before could do in just 3 to 4 short years.

Austin dont get the respect he really deserves... you look at promos, one of the best ever (maybe the best).....Marketing and draw, Well Vince Mcmahon said him self Austin made the company the most money. but if you wanna debate for the sake of debating then we will say he is atleast in the top 2.... Match quality: Austin had incredible matches, some of the best matches every..... Story telling and psycholgy: Bret Hart WM13 is all i have to say, the man could use Psycholgy with the best of them....Impact on Wrestling: No one, maybe just Hogan had as much impact on wrestling as Austin.... Respect from his fellow Wrestlers: Everyone will agree and call Austin the best all around Wrestler and he has respect from Almost everyone in wrestling.... You really cant run down Austin and deny him..... You may not like him or his style but you cant deny what he accomplished.

Austin do it single handly? naa i was being overly dramamtic but he was the main guy and honestly besides Vince Mcmahon if you take everyone out of the picture I still think Austin would be just as big and the WWE would still be where they are right now.

Nitro never did do terrible rating they were still pulling between 2.5 and 3.0 through most of 2000.... In 2001 they was pulling in the mid 2.0 range to 2.5s... Then Raw was pulling bigger numbers then as well.... 5.0s to as high as 7.1....

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/1999-ratings/
http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2000-ratings/
http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2001-ratings/

Even Thunder was doing better then what Smackdown is doing now...

THE_CRIPPLER
08-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Nitro never did do terrible rating they were still pulling between 2.5 and 3.0 through most of 2000.... In 2001 they was pulling in the mid 2.0 range to 2.5s... Then Raw was pulling bigger numbers then as well.... 5.0s to as high as 7.1....

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/1999-ratings/
http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2000-ratings/
http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2001-ratings/

Even Thunder was doing better then what Smackdown is doing now...

Well not counting the last Nitro cause it had Raw on it and it wasnt a WCW product... the whole 2001 is 2.5 and 2.1... that my friend compare to a 6.0 that WWE was bringing and the 5.0 WCW was bringing 2 in a half years before that is horrible..... if any other TV show brings in half the ratings they use to they would get cancelled, especially with the high cost of running WCW and the TV time they used..... 2.1 and 2.5 is a horrible rating and the ratings were slipping lower and lower so it was a matter of time till it was 1.0..... hell WWEs ratings cut almost half in 12 years so imagine where WCW would be...... Ratings were bad, Wrestling was hard enough to attract advtisers when it was a 6.0 let alone a 2.5.

It was a bussiness decission, WCW was bringing in low ratings.. their merch was in the toilet and actually always has been... Their PPVs were Never huge draws but they were bringing in all time low numbers... So the only thing WCW had going for them is ratings and theat was gone and the cost to run WCW was ridcules.

HCollins-TNA1
08-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Well not counting the last Nitro cause it had Raw on it and it wasnt a WCW product... the whole 2001 is 2.5 and 2.1... that my friend compare to a 6.0 that WWE was bringing and the 5.0 WCW was bringing 2 in a half years before that is horrible..... if any other TV show brings in half the ratings they use to they would get cancelled, especially with the high cost of running WCW and the TV time they used..... 2.1 and 2.5 is a horrible rating and the ratings were slipping lower and lower so it was a matter of time till it was 1.0..... hell WWEs ratings cut almost half in 12 years so imagine where WCW would be...... Ratings were bad, Wrestling was hard enough to attract advtisers when it was a 6.0 let alone a 2.5.

It was a bussiness decission, WCW was bringing in low ratings.. their merch was in the toilet and actually always has been... Their PPVs were Never huge draws but they were bringing in all time low numbers... So the only thing WCW had going for them is ratings and theat was gone and the cost to run WCW was ridcules.

Almost like now WWE is pulling 3.0s to 3.3s....
Then TNA is pulling 1.0s to 1.4s...
Kinda a mirrior.... Maybe ratings shouldn't matter no more unless a shows bombs in ratings week after week..... Like WWE/ECW did, like NXT did, like Superstars did, and like Tough enough did.... their ratings failed week after week...

Also TNA is opposite of WCW... they do in Merchandise sales, live events is a strong hold, they keep constant viewers on TV... where they struggle is PPVs...

maar13
08-30-2011, 12:42 PM

Regarding of this, I think Austin is number two, And Hogan is number one (and this is not about who I like better, because believe me, I don't like Hogan, sorry but I don't).

I don't think noe could have take any of their places, I mena there is only one Hulk Hogan and there is only One Stone Cold. The global phenomenon the WWE is is mostly because of Hogan, who got the company Main stream media attention, like I said with great set of people helping him and then internatinal recognition with the follow up of Bret Hart and the champions coming after them. What Austin did with the help of all the other was make the company reborn and gather way more attention in two key markets that were Canada and the US more than in an international view, the WWE focused in the Home market and they succeeded at the time and until a few years ago, around 2003, they really started expanding Globally once again.

I don't think that with out that assembly of characters the WWE would have been number one, the turning of The Undertaker to feud with Ausitn and the Rock was a big part on both guys establishments. I mean, Austin was a house hold name, but his victory over the Undertaker at Summerslam consolidated him as The Man in the WWE. In his whole career the Undertaker never lost a tittle match Clean until 1998. The Rock and HHH made the WWE stand still in the Number one position nce Austin and Taker were out with Injuries during 1999. Yes you can say WCW was sliiping already,but with out that so well planned feud (they crapped the end of it) WWE didn't had much ging for them, evne the title changes that happened during that feud were necessary at the time. McMahon is the top of the key there but with out HHH, Taker or The Rock, the feud could have gone down the drain rather quickly.

You see this is not what im getting What does the Olympics and a Gold medal have to do with anything?........ if Angle won another Gold medal at the olympics, It would prove to me Angle is the Greatest Amature/Freestyle Wrestler of all time (Idont know anything about the sport).... it would show Kurt is a incredible athlete and maybe the best ever.... but that wouldnt mean a thing in Prowrestling, its not a real sport.... Micheal Jordan is considered one of the greatest athletes ever but I wouldnt call him the greatest wrestler ever if he was in WWE.... Freestyle Olympic wrestling resembles a bit of Prowrestling, MMAs more so, so its like me saying Brock lesnar and Ken Shamrock were the best Wrestlers cause of what they did in MMA....... i mostly focus on his prowrestling career... which it is a incredible one... and I did love Angle and some my favorite matches involve Angle but I dont see how the IWC or Angle himself considers himself the best.... for a set of fans who complain about psycholgy and the lack of it from wrestlers, dont they see that Angle rarly used psycholgy.

I dont dislike Kurt Angle but I don't see why anyone or he himself consider himself the best.

My argument of the Gold medal was about your comment of Dan Hodge, ho you said was a better Amateur Wrestler, I just responded to that by saying that on paper, Angle was better not by records but by accomplishments.

And I think he consider himself the best, because he is very good if you don't consider yourself the best to begin with, none else will, that arrogance or confidence has also gotten people to believe it or to use it to say that too him.

Is like Jarret, he supposedly considers Angle The Best (But he say that just because he is in TNA), but then Kevin Kelly considers Davey Richards the Best (Only because he is in ROH), but some Consider Punk The Best and or Jericho as the best now (even if Jericho is not active right now), It is just a matter of opinion. Like I say, I don't consider Angle the best, but if He himself considers himself the best, that is a very good attitude to have, I mean, maybe not to brag about it but it is a good attitude.

Almost like now WWE is pulling 3.0s to 3.3s....
Then TNA is pulling 1.0s to 1.4s...
Kinda a mirrior.... Maybe ratings shouldn't matter no more unless a shows bombs in ratings week after week..... Like WWE/ECW did, like NXT did, like Superstars did, and like Tough enough did.... their ratings failed week after week...

Also TNA is opposite of WCW... they do in Merchandise sales, live events is a strong hold, they keep constant viewers on TV... where they struggle is PPVs...

Not completely, now the Audience is twice as large so the ratings they pulled before are not really compatible with the ones of today.

So the 15 rating that they claimed WWF got with SME in the 80s would be very difficult to achieve today.

Also, TNA is even miles away form what WCW was, and I mean not talking about talent, TNA has a lot of talent, but just in infrastructure, organization (And WCW was said to be a mess) and media. Mostly because even with Spike TV behind them, Is not Time Warner, I mean not 3 hours, no as many sponsors not as much help with media, not as many outlets to promote the show. even with the money from Panda Energy TNA doesn't and won't have the tools WCW had at the time.