PDA

View Full Version : Why The Tebow Hate?

clrj3514
08-26-2011, 02:40 PM
I saw where Boomer Esiason is the latest analyst to rip into him. But why? All these other players have the drama around them yet he's the one they constantly bash. Many say his style of play & his mechanics suck but if it works for him who cares? His stats are put down but I don't think they're that bad.

41 of 82, 654 YDS, 5TDs, 3INTs, 82.1 QB RTG, 43 Carries, 227 YDS, 6TD

A lot of rookies would love to have those stats. Rant over, thanks!

Thoughts?

Bodom
08-26-2011, 03:04 PM
He's a bible thumping, holier-than-thou pansy.

VanHooliganX
08-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Which team does he play for?
Cause I only know people from their appearence not names yet :S

thejman93
08-26-2011, 03:10 PM

Bingo. The holy-roller BS would be easier to swallow if he was a great player, but he isn't.

Brewer 314
08-26-2011, 03:13 PM

And his quarterback mechanics are horrible.

His 5 passing touchdowns came on little dink and dunk passes and most of those rushing touchdowns happened when he was being used in the wildcat formation.

He came out of college as a project, had McDaniel's not taken him when he did there was no way he would have gone in the 1'st round, the Patriots were looking at drafting him as a TE, most teams saw him as a talent not a franchise QB.

KJ PUNK
08-26-2011, 03:40 PM
I think he gets bashed for his beliefs which is dumb. The guys a winner, who cares about his mechanics when he has a drive to win? And when did Kyle Orton become Joe Montana incarnate? If you're rebuilding a team (which is what the Broncos are doing, although they wouldn't admit it) why would you keep using a QB who won't be there 2 or 3 years from now, instead of the guy who has a possible bright future?

RomanFlare
08-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Personally, it's actually nothing Tebow has done. ESPN just force-fed us that Tebow is a god-send (pardon the pun). A lot. Like, I should've probably filed for mental rape*. He's average. He's not Payton Manning. He's not Tom Brady. He's not Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees. He was a glorified running back in college. And as a college football fanatic, his ascension as "Best College Player EVAH!!!!!!!ONE!!!!1!!!!" really pissed me off. Then came along Cam Newton. :D

*That joke wasn't funny. Rape is never funny.

GR81
08-26-2011, 04:25 PM
I don't "hate" Tebow personally but I thought he was overhyped and highly overrated coming into the league. I won't take away from what he did at the college level but he did nothing noteworthy last year and he has failed to win the Broncos starting job this year despite the Broncos seemingly going out of their way to make sure he does.

Brewer 314
08-26-2011, 04:29 PM
The guys a winner, who cares about his mechanics when he has a drive to win? ?

Remember that when the "winner" tries forcing a wobbly pass into double coverage.

I saw Kyle Orton play allot when I was living in Chicago, that guy is an actual winner, his arm is big his accuracy is there, and he can sense a defense.

Tim Tebow is no different than Casey Printers, Colt Brennan, or Timmy Chang.

AirBourne
08-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Ok, what about Newton though? 40% accuracy in his preseason game last night. Just like Tebow, good college QB, Heisman winner, won a national championship, a scrambling QB. Newton is only different was because he was at the peak of his potential his final year in college and then went to the draft to cash in. Newton and Tebow are 2 in the same, but Tebow at least stays out of trouble and doesn't cause controversy. Newton may have been the #1 pick in the draft, but Mallett, Locker and Gabbert are all outperforming him IMO. So if you are going hate Tebow, hate Newton too.

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 04:43 PM
No hate here.

Just hate Tom Brady.

RomanFlare
08-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Ok, what about Newton though? 40% accuracy in his preseason game last night. Just like Tebow, good college QB, Heisman winner, won a national championship, a scrambling QB. Newton is only different was because he was at the peak of his potential his final year in college and then went to the draft to cash in. Newton and Tebow are 2 in the same, but Tebow at least stays out of trouble and doesn't cause controversy. Newton may have been the #1 pick in the draft, but Mallett, Locker and Gabbert are all outperforming him IMO. So if you are going hate Tebow, hate Newton too.

Cam Newton is an athlete. Yeah, he's basically a taller, stronger, faster, Black Tebow who can read a defense better and has a stronger arm.

Where was I going with this?

Oh, right--Newton might not be a good Quarterback in the NFL. But he's a damn good athlete and could play a few other positions. He is better than Tebow, though.

Brewer 314
08-26-2011, 05:22 PM

Please take a look at Netwons profile before you compare the two.

Nobody is treating them much differently, Some scouts had Newton graded as a late round project at best, same with Tebow but some scouts and front offices thought the process of development was worth the risk of an early pick in regards to both players.

It all boils down to the players ability to read defenses at the pro level.

Tebow can't seem to do that nor does his arm seem sharp enough to make up for his slow thinking.

Look at Chad Pennington, the guy had a "water pistol arm" yet he has one of highest completion percentages per that amount of yards of all time.

Brewer 314
08-26-2011, 05:32 PM
I definitely think he's Jim Druckenmiller type of player because when it's all said and done his legacy will be on the shoulders of the personnel
departments who built him up into something he clearly wasn't

IPEEINTHESHOWER
08-27-2011, 10:58 AM
I think he gets bashed for his beliefs which is dumb. The guys a winner, who cares about his mechanics when he has a drive to win? And when did Kyle Orton become Joe Montana incarnate? If you're rebuilding a team (which is what the Broncos are doing, although they wouldn't admit it) why would you keep using a QB who won't be there 2 or 3 years from now, instead of the guy who has a possible bright future?

Very well said KJ PUNK. It seems today its "cool" to bash someone for their belief in God. I really feel sorry for those people. I think about this quote when I hear people talk trash about someones belief in God. Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God. Ponder over that.
As for Tebow hate, I don't have any. He beat my Buckeyes pretty badly but I know you can't win them all. I respect the guy and although ESPN thinks he's much better than he really is, only time will tell if he is going to be a quality NFL quarterback.

Brewer 314
08-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Very well said KJ PUNK. It seems today its "cool" to bash someone for their belief in God. I really feel sorry for those people. I think about this quote when I hear people talk trash about someones belief in God. Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God. Ponder over that.
As for Tebow hate, I don't have any. He beat my Buckeyes pretty badly but I know you can't win them all. I respect the guy and although ESPN thinks he's much better than he really is, only time will tell if he is going to be a quality NFL quarterback.

How can they be "Your Buckeyes" when chances are your education stopped in the 11th grade?

And nobody can crusade quite like a brainwashed Christian, so ponder that.

http://thehusker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Tebow-Sucks.jpg

RomanFlare
08-27-2011, 11:26 PM
How can they be "Your Buckeyes" when chances are your education stopped in the 11th grade?

I don't know what kind of 6-legged creature crawled up your ass, bit your colon, then died, but this isn't about religion or insulting others. This is about Tebow, not Christianity. You're a disgrace to non-christians.

Also, welcome to Sports, dumbass. They're my Bengals, my Buckeyes, my Auburn Tigers, and my damn Cincinnati Reds when I've played for none of them nor been to their schools.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
08-27-2011, 11:46 PM

I find your hatred quite funny and sad at the same time. I'll be first to admit I didn't graduate with honors but I save lives every day of my life. What do you you? I'm sure you have perks being a gas station attendant i.e getting free packs of gum and free Slurpee's sounds wonderful.
I want to thank you for making my point in my first post. You're probably not smart enough to realize it but not only did you fall fall for the trap you took it hook, line and sinker. I understand your angry at the world and I will pray for you.
I'm way to intelligent for you fella but hopefully you can understand these quotes and ponder over them.

The atheist can't find God for the same reason that a thief can't find a policeman

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else

ponder over that young man and I hope and pray for your sake you let go of that anger.

Do me a favor young man. Say this "Please surround me with the white light of the holy spirit" Not only will it work I accept your apology before you give me one.

You're welcome.

There is a reason I have infinite wisdom, I just hope your smart enough to listen to it.

RomanFlare
08-27-2011, 11:48 PM
I find your hatred quite funny and sad at the same time. I'll be first to admit I didn't graduate with honors but I save lives every day of my life. What do you you? I'm sure you have perks being a gas station attendant i.e getting free packs of gum and free Slurpee's sounds wonderful.
I want to thank you for making my point in my first post. You're probably not smart enough to realize it but not only did you fall fall for the trap you took it hook, line and sinker. I understand your angry at the world and I will pray for you.
I'm way to intelligent for you fella but hopefully you can understand these quotes and ponder over them.

The atheist can't find God for the same reason that a thief can't find a policeman

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else

ponder over that young man and I hope and pray for your sake you let go of that anger.

Do me a favor young man. Say this "Please surround me with the white light of the holy spirit" Not only will it work I accept your apology before you give me one.

You're welcome.

There is a reason I have infinite wisdom, I just hope your smart enough to listen to it.

Damnit, IPITS. Never feed the trolls. Also, can we stop the religious shit in this thread? This is suppose to be about Tebow, not who's right in terms of religious ideas.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
08-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Damnit, IPITS. Never feed the trolls. Also, can we stop the religious shit in this thread? This is suppose to be about Tebow, not who's right in terms of religious ideas.

RomanFlare you're right I shouldn't feed the trolls. I'm really trying to make his life better. Maybe I'm here for a reason and thats to help this trolls soul. I feel its my duty to not preach to people but to let them know having faith in ones life is a powerful thing. Faith = hope. Without hope in ones life leads to destruction and suicide and a pretty shitty life.

Gandhi said it best-- "Everyone has faith in God though everyone does not know it. For everyone has faith in himself and that multiplied to the nth degree is God. The sum total of all that lives is God. We may not be God, but we are of God, even as a little drop of water is of the ocean."

RomanFlare
08-28-2011, 12:04 AM
RomanFlare you're right I shouldn't feed the trolls. I'm really trying to make his life better. Maybe I'm here for a reason and thats to help this trolls soul. I feel its my duty to not preach to people but to let them know having faith in ones life is a powerful thing. Faith = hope. Without hope in ones life leads to destruction and suicide and a pretty shitty life.

Gandhi said it best-- "Everyone has faith in God though everyone does not know it. For everyone has faith in himself and that multiplied to the nth degree is God. The sum total of all that lives is God. We may not be God, but we are of God, even as a little drop of water is of the ocean."

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljx9dg7ZQH1qcqzmb.jpg
Not sure if it's still relevant, but yeah, I'm antitheistic.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 12:31 AM

You're welcome.

Your blissful preaching makes me sick.

Nobody really made this about religion until you threw in your little bullshit quote.

Don't push your religion on me, I'm not scared of reality I don't it.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 12:35 AM
I don't know what kind of 6-legged creature crawled up your ass, bit your colon, then died, but this isn't about religion or insulting others. This is about Tebow, not Christianity. You're a disgrace to non-christians.

Also, welcome to Sports, dumbass. They're my Bengals, my Buckeyes, my Auburn Tigers, and my damn Cincinnati Reds when I've played for none of them nor been to their schools.

Your little internet friend started preaching first, how about getting to your anime marathon, I'm sure your mom is sick of you running up the dial up bill.

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-28-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah so.......Tim Tebow sucks balls!!!!

RomanFlare
08-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Your little internet friend started preaching first, how about getting to your anime marathon, I'm sure your mom is sick of you running up the dial up bill.

I'm paying the damn tuition, I can use my dorm room's internet as much as I want. Oh SNAP, son.

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.

I'm not sure how this is "started preaching first". I wasn't aware preaching meant "sharing an opinion". Nor was I aware that it meant "Oh, hey, I should prove him right!".

You debating religion in a Sports section of a Wrestling Forum is proving nothing more than these:
A) You have no life, as you're on a wrestling internet forum at around 12:42 AM for you ;)
B) You have your militant atheist priorities wrong.
C) You don't understand what it means to be a troll.
D) You seem to be completely butthurt by people having religion.

I'm an anti-theist. I hold that religion is actually bad for society. I would like nothing more than to see the Catholic church crumble upon itself in my lifetime. But I don't go around bitching about it where it will only make myself look like a fail-troll.

Yeah so.......Tim Tebow sucks balls!!!!

Tebow sucks. Does he suck balls? Probably not. But yes, Tebow blows. And he blows harrrrrrrrrrrrrd.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 12:49 AM
I'm paying the damn tuition, I can use my dorm room's internet as much as I want. Oh SNAP, son.

I'm not sure how this is "started preaching first". I wasn't aware preaching meant "sharing an opinion". Nor was I aware that it meant "Oh, hey, I should prove him right!".

You debating religion in a Sports section of a Wrestling Forum is proving nothing more than these:
A) You have no life, as you're on a wrestling internet forum at around 12:42 AM for you ;)
B) You have your militant atheist priorities wrong.
C) You don't understand what it means to be a troll.
D) You seem to be completely butthurt by people having religion.

I'm an anti-theist. I hold that religion is actually bad for society. I would like nothing more than to see the Catholic church crumble upon itself in my lifetime. But I don't go around bitching about it where it will only make myself look like a fail-troll.

Tebow sucks. Does he suck balls? Probably not. But yes, Tebow blows. And he blows harrrrrrrrrrrrrd.

Your all over the place.

RomanFlare
08-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Your all over the place.

Oh, my fault. I'll sum it up for your infantile mind:

I'm sorry your mother doesn't love you, but you're in way over your head.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 12:53 AM

He started this, I responded, he freaked out and blew his entire disability check on computer time at the library doing so.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 12:54 AM

Your a fucking loon, I never debated anything.

The entire first paragraph of his response was dedicated to how sensitive he was to the idea of people bashing religious people.

I'm done with this.

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 12:57 AM

Infantile mind?

You've been on this forum less than a year and you thousands of posts, dude your a kook.

RomanFlare
08-28-2011, 12:58 AM
He stated this, I responded, he freaked out and blew his entire disability check on computer time at the library doing so.

I fixed it for you, you imbecile. Unless you meant for your sentence to make no sense.

He didn't "flip out because you insulted religion". You insulted him.

Wait, didn't catch that? Here it is, again.

Still too slow to catch up? One last time.

You don't insult a man's intelligence then try to play the victim card.

Infantile mind?

You've been on this forum less than a year and you thousands of posts, dude your a kook.

I don't deny that I've had a lot of interaction on this forum over that year. I'm a student, of course I have a lot of free time.

http://www.definingcanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/case-closed-stamp.gif

On topic: Does Denver have any good Wide Outs for Tebow to throw to? Or a good Tight End?

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Your a fucking loon, I never debated anything.

The entire first paragraph of his response was dedicated to how sensitive he was to the idea of people bashing religious people.

I'm done with this.

Infantile mind?

I find it funny when someone says their done but their so filled with hate they just have to say 1 more thing.:cool:

Brewer 314
08-28-2011, 01:05 AM
On topic: Does Denver have any good Wide Outs for Tebow to throw to? Or a good Tight End?

Brandon Lloyd had over 1,400 yards last year and averaged 18 yards a grab.

Eddie Royal has caught 100 balls in a season.

The TE position is invisible in John Fox's offense.