PDA

View Full Version : Sin Cara not the botchmaster

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 01:19 PM
We can now confirm that the man playing Sin Cara on Tuesday was WWE developmental talent Hunico. The real Sin Cara was in the building and dressed to wrestle, but management opted not to use him on TV.

So two things have come from this story off the newsboard:

1: Why are they still using Hunico to portray Sin Cara on tv, when the actual Sin Cara is in the building?!

2: This kinda pisses all over those who were knockin' Sin Cara, saying keep Hunico as he botches less!!

What do you think??

steveorton
08-26-2011, 01:34 PM
I have to admit I was one of the guys who said Hunico botches less but if Mistico is ready why not use him as Sin Cara, I'm jus sayin...

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I have to admit I was one of the guys who said Hunico botches less but if Mistico is ready why not use him as Sin Cara, I'm jus sayin...

It is peculiar! I'd like to know why, perhaps they wanted to run him a little bit longer, see if he's ready for the main roster?!? Can't see them keeping the real Sin Cara off tv just for this though?!

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 01:40 PM
From main board:

WWE sources indicate that Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde, the original Sin Cara, was sent home from Tuesday's SmackDown taping in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. He left the Scotiabank Saddledome before the event's conclusion.

Company sources state that developmental talent Jorge Arias (a/k/a Hunico) will exclusively portray the Sin Cara character going forward. WWE wants to maintain the character since its been very popular among kids and in merchandise sales.

Many employees expect Alvirde to part ways with the organization, but it is not 100% confirmed
================================================== ===============
Well that explains some of it I suppose but I'm very surprised by this turn of events!! Plus I bet HHH is pissed!!

dres1214
08-26-2011, 01:49 PM
I am not surprised by this. But we'll see, we can't always trust the rumor. Maybe they sent him home due to the fact they didn't use him.

steveorton
08-26-2011, 01:54 PM
It is peculiar! I'd like to know why, perhaps they wanted to run him a little bit longer, see if he's ready for the main roster?!? Can't see them keeping the real Sin Cara off tv just for this though?!

The thing that I don't like is that both Mistico and Hunico as Sin Cara are botching and not once or twice but alot of times during a match, both guys are supposed to be use to the WWE ring by now, I'm jus sayin...

Reloval
08-26-2011, 01:56 PM
First match was probably Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde, second match was probably Jorge Arias. Keep in mind this is me talking with absolutly no fact then what is posted on EWN.

Androo
08-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Hey, maybe it's the mask and the lighting during their matches?

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 01:59 PM
I am not surprised by this. But we'll see, we can't always trust the rumor. Maybe they sent him home due to the fact they didn't use him.

True but it's just puzzling as to why they wouldn't use him? Must be more to it!

Dude573
08-26-2011, 02:00 PM
I hope Hurinco doesn't permanently become Sin Cara, he deserves a push as himself.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Hey, maybe it's the mask and the lighting during their matches?

Yeah with that combination, I'm surprised he can see a damn thing!!

AOF666
08-26-2011, 02:07 PM
First match was probably Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde, second match was probably Jorge Arias. Keep in mind this is me talking with absolutly no fact then what is posted on EWN.

I was thinking the same thing. It was reported the real Sin Cara returned tuesday. Today the said it was the fake Sin Cara.

steveorton
08-26-2011, 02:07 PM
I hope Hurinco doesn't permanently become Sin Cara, he deserves a push as himself.

Agreed, I'm jus sayin...

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 02:13 PM

I agree but if Mistico has been given the bullet, then I'm sure they'll keep Hunico as Sin Cara, apparently there is a lot of fan interest and money to be made from the character!!!

johnnydropkicks
08-26-2011, 02:16 PM
No Mistico? Goodbye all the things that made Sin Cara so interesting.

thisiswrestling
08-26-2011, 02:17 PM
It's not right. Hunico deserves to have his own push. And they never should have called up Mistico so soon. Give him time in development so he can understand the style!

johnnydropkicks
08-26-2011, 02:17 PM
the kids would love real sin cara vs. fake sin cara/evil sin cara. they'd throw their lot in with real sin cara and it would engender loyalty. rey like loytalty.

Rich Cranium
08-26-2011, 02:21 PM

Looks like he will be the permanent Sin Cara.

Rich Cranium
08-26-2011, 02:23 PM
No Mistico? Goodbye all the things that made Sin Cara so interesting.

Making the transition from a pure Luchador to the WWE style of wrestling is a big deal.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 02:23 PM
It's not right. Hunico deserves to have his own push. And they never should have called up Mistico so soon. Give him time in development so he can understand the style!

Totally agree but I'm sure being HHH's first guy had a lot to do with him being put on to the main roster so quickly!!!

Asherdelampyr
08-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Looks like he will be the permanent Sin Cara.

It may be that this is how they are getting Mistico to developmental to WWEize him
then have him come back with a different gimmick, or even do a "real Sin Cara vs Imposter" kinda deal

His Majesty
08-26-2011, 03:03 PM
This whole Sin Cera thing reminds me of what the band KISS is doing now. If the original member doesn't work out, slap the makeup (or mask) and costume on someone else.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 03:07 PM
It may be that this is how they are getting Mistico to developmental to WWEize him
then have him come back with a different gimmick, or even do a "real Sin Cara vs Imposter" kinda deal

Interesting thought!! I would hope this is the case, out of all the possible scenarios!!!

Brewer 314
08-26-2011, 03:07 PM

Right, why can't they just market him as his own masked wrestler.

Asherdelampyr
08-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Interesting thought!! I would hope this is the case, out of all the possible scenarios!!!

Me too
I'm not going to believe that he is released until he is publicly "future endeavored" Triple H still has his back by all accounts, and that counts for a hell of a lot

VanHooliganX
08-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Godamnit WWE! Give him a proper chance and get rid of the stupid lighting.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Godamnit WWE! Give him a proper chance and get rid of the stupid lighting.

Yup, ain't that the truth!

JACKVENOM
08-26-2011, 03:22 PM
From the main news board:

WWE sources indicate that Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde, the original Sin Cara, was sent home from Tuesday's SmackDown taping in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. He left the Scotiabank Saddledome before the event's conclusion.

Company sources state that developmental talent Jorge Arias (a/k/a Hunico) will exclusively portray the Sin Cara character going forward. WWE wants to maintain the character since its been very popular among kids and in merchandise sales.

Many employees expect Alvirde to part ways with the organization, but it is not 100% confirmed.

Source: Pwinsider.com

Asherdelampyr
08-26-2011, 03:26 PM
From the main news board:

WWE sources indicate that blah blah blah blah
Source: Pwinsider.com

yeah, that was already put in here
It was the 4th post

Reloval
08-26-2011, 03:28 PM
My guess is Hunico will be Sin Cara, Mistico will be repackaged and sent to FCW to learn the WWE style.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Me too
I'm not going to believe that he is released until he is publicly "future endeavored" Triple H still has his back by all accounts, and that counts for a hell of a lot

That's the thing I'm interested in, HHH's thoughts!! It will be a hell of an embarrassment for him, his first signing getting canned so quickly!! Can't see that happening (hopefully!)

JACKVENOM
08-26-2011, 03:35 PM
yeah, that was already put in here
It was the 4th post

Sorry I didn't see it
my bad:(

Asherdelampyr
08-26-2011, 03:56 PM
That's the thing I'm interested in, HHH's thoughts!! It will be a hell of an embarrassment for him, his first signing getting canned so quickly!! Can't see that happening (hopefully!)

Either can I, not without something major taking place
As it stands now I think they will either keep him on the main roster or send him to FCW

BIGZrudypoo812
08-26-2011, 03:59 PM
well i guess this means no Rey vs Sin Cara at WM and even if it does happen not haveing Mistico as Sin Cara takes alot of the meaning away from the match

CM_SUXX_NOT
08-26-2011, 04:45 PM
there were 34 comments before me so I haven't seen them all so if anyone also has this theory, SNAP!
the article stated that Mistico was sent home before the event's conclusion. it also said he was in his wrestling gear.
so my theory is that Mistico wrestled the first match with Slater and the re-filmed finish. officials were horrified at how bad it looked and sent him home, with hunico filling in for the complete re-filming of the match.
if anyone has any other theories or disagrees with me, please feel free to reply.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 05:10 PM
there were 34 comments before me so I haven't seen them all so if anyone also has this theory, SNAP!
the article stated that Mistico was sent home before the event's conclusion. it also said he was in his wrestling gear.
so my theory is that Mistico wrestled the first match with Slater and the re-filmed finish. officials were horrified at how bad it looked and sent him home, with hunico filling in for the complete re-filming of the match.
if anyone has any other theories or disagrees with me, please feel free to reply.

This has been mentioned and I'm starting to be inclined, that this could be the actual way it played out!!

CobraNightviper
08-26-2011, 05:17 PM
May be they will bring the original Sin Cara back under his real gimmick of mistico I just hope he isn't stupid enough to let wwe have the name.

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 05:30 PM
May be they will bring the original Sin Cara back under his real gimmick of mistico I just hope he isn't stupid enough to let wwe have the name.

I don't think this is possible! I'm sure the name, 'Mistico,' is owned by CMLL in Mexico!!!

Dr. Death
08-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Sin Cara/Mistico was sent home because he has had numerous chances of getting things right inside of the WWE ring. WWE creative and HHH are tired of having to hold his hand so to speak. Hunicio/Sin Cara will take over because he has adapted more and has a lot less botches and learns a lot faster than Mistico. Even thou it is still yet to be determined if Mistico will still work for the WWE in any capacity following his latest botches after coming back from his suspension, 1 thing is certain; he made HHH look like a fool for hyping him so much.

ELNIOJR
08-26-2011, 05:47 PM
It's official: Sin Cara (Mistico) competed the first match with Slater that was awfull, and Hunico was the man behind the mask in the second match, that was better BTW.

Bye Ignascio! Hunico FTW! Feel sorry tough for him...

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Sin Cara/Mistico was sent home because he has had numerous chances of getting things right inside of the WWE ring. WWE creative and HHH are tired of having to hold his hand so to speak. Hunicio/Sin Cara will take over because he has adapted more and has a lot less botches and learns a lot faster than Mistico. Even thou it is still yet to be determined if Mistico will still work for the WWE in any capacity following his latest botches after coming back from his suspension, 1 thing is certain; he made HHH look like a fool for hyping him so much.

And that's the main reason I don't think he'll be released yet, being HHH's first signing!! I can see HHH just allowing him to be brushed like that, as you say it makes HHH look bad! As has been said, possible scenario is keeping Hunico as Sin Cara, send Mistico to FCW for a while, to polish him up, then bring him back as Sin Cara, possibly to feud with Hunico-Sin Cara!!

ELNIOJR
08-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Off Topic cause this is Awesome IMO:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8662/29911326652169670966422.jpg

Wade Barrett 1979
08-26-2011, 05:56 PM
It's official: Sin Cara (Mistico) competed the first match with Slater that was awfull, and Hunico was the man behind the mask in the second match, that was better BTW.

I thought that would be the case but as I say, I hope they don't brush him!! Drop him to FCW for a bit, the potential is there!!!

Also this knackers my thread headline!! D'oh!' :0P

And yeah, that poster is awesome!! Best for a long time!!!

johnnydropkicks
08-26-2011, 06:07 PM

where you get that?

TheRockerGother
08-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow well if he leaves and parts ways...that was fast and I guess I have to say this to the real Sin Cara.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ltbeqfejac

ELNIOJR
08-26-2011, 06:19 PM
where you get that?

A friend told me, and he works in a blogue, but I didnt ask him for sources. Wait until tomorrow. more news will be up, I guess, we gonna find out if it's really true...

evilgenius780
08-26-2011, 11:15 PM
I was at this taping, Mistico did the match the first 2 times, the third try it was Hunico

Extremo
08-27-2011, 04:02 PM
I was at this taping, Mistico did the match the first 2 times, the third try it was Hunico

describe the messed up botch, in other words, what did mistico do wrong for the finish...did he mess up other times? and what do u mean the first two times?

did hunico have to come out and their were two visible sin caras out in the ring? or did mistico leave and hunico came out?

Im sure Mistico had another finish right? because Hunicos' finisher is the springboard tope and goes right into the lionsault, so wat was mistico's original move?

was it really that bad? how did u know it was hunico that came out or how did u know it was mistico who was the one out there first. reports do say that mistico was told to not wrestle that night and instead hunico wrestled the whole time, and mistico never walked out passed the curtain. clear up some things based on your experience please

Peepster
08-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I was there for the tapings and imo I believe that all 3 attemps were done by hunico

NALKA
08-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Its really beyond be how people insist that it was Mistico bothching against Slater when was confirmed that in both matches it was HUNICO.
It was confirmed by PWinsider, by people in attendance, there are videos on youtube that show clearly that it was HUNICO IN BOTH MATCHES.
Mistico was not used in any of both matches.

Bodom
08-27-2011, 05:42 PM
I think they just need to keep adding Sin Cara characters. One they get to 5, then they basically have the Power Rangers.

No Morals.
08-27-2011, 05:52 PM
It doesn't matter who was behind the mask. All 20 of them suck.

xAzureSkye
08-27-2011, 05:55 PM
i think they just need to keep adding sin cara characters. One they get to 5, then they basically have the power rangers. l

IT'S MORPHING TIME.

xAzureSkye
08-27-2011, 05:56 PM
It doesn't matter who was behind the mask. All 20 of them suck.

All of your posts seem to be you bashing someone.. who do you not hate?

No Morals.
08-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Sheamus, The Miz, CM Punk, R-Truth, ADR, Christian, HHH, Kurt Angle, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Justin Gabriel, Wade Barrett, Brian Kendrick, Samoa Joe, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Shelton Benjamin, want me to keep going?

HuGrad
08-27-2011, 06:54 PM
why dont they use both sin caras and create a sin cara vs sin cara? now even so bc rey mysterio is out with a torn ACL in his knee.

Extremo
08-29-2011, 09:33 PM
I think it was bullshit not to air a replay of Hunicos finish on Swagger this week. I am a Mistico fan myself, but Hunico is doing rather impressively well. No replay on that fake spin over the rope and follow up Asai moonsault and no replay on the finish, but they sure wood replay some dumb FU and other crap finishers, skull crushing finale??? Sorry to all Miz fans, but come on, if you are gonna come up with a persona and a catchprase, at least invent a good finisher too. Anyways, that springboard tope looked like an awsome swanton bomb....oh well