PDA

View Full Version : LOLTNA History

SilverGhost
08-25-2011, 11:04 PM
This deserves its own thread.

Linky for the history

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

If this was started before me, I will close it when notified.

(I give credit to Necroyeti)

capn-edu
08-25-2011, 11:08 PM
The reverse battle royal -- a genius concept where half the roster fought outside of the ring to get in -- actually happened. Twice.

I cant get enough of this

VanHooliganX
08-25-2011, 11:33 PM
This deserves its own thread.

Linky for the history

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

If this was started before me, I will close it when notified.

(I give credit to Necroyeti)

This is a brilliant find!

I'm reading it all and laughing so much.
I feel so sorry for a few TNA diehard after putting up with some of this funny crap.

Thank you :)

Jayoholic
08-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Tony Schiavone debuts, turns heel, is promised a job by Russo and then is never seen in TNA again. This entire segment lasted a good 10 minutes and achieved absolutely nothing. Fan signs clearly shown throughout this segment included "WHO CARES?" and "The 'Total Non-stop Action' has officially stopped".

Aw man........................lol

Enforcer23
08-25-2011, 11:56 PM
man this is panifull stuff i read about 6 of em and i cant believe some of it..good find

tnafanwwehater
08-26-2011, 12:06 AM
thnis is really stupid. but what amazes is some1 actually took their time to make this list...that in my opinion is more LOL than tnalol...cuz every company has done dumb stuff. Just ask vince mcmahon :)

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 12:10 AM
thnis is really stupid. but what amazes is some1 actually took their time to make this list...that in my opinion is more LOL than tnalol...cuz every company has done dumb stuff. Just ask vince mcmahon :)

I'm sorry that this is unpleasant to your eyes.

WWE has their hiccups too but not a lot and most unexplained like TNA.

Mint Berry Crunch
08-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Dammit now I.....rken now has to repost all those funny lines in here.

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 12:22 AM

Doesn't have to but...just the funny ones ;)

Dubs
08-26-2011, 12:45 AM
LOLTNA started off with a bang. Moments before the very first TNA broadcast a dark match took place featuring a morbidly obese black wrestler named Cheex. Cheex was so enormous that he did damage to the ring and the ring crew had to act fast to repair the damages before they went live.

-Insert facepalm here-

HCollins-TNA1
08-26-2011, 12:53 AM
I see some internet geek has a lot of time on their hands... making a page dedicated to TNAs laughable gimmicks and storylines and etc....
Well yeah TNA has it troubles... so does WWE and ROH and other places....
There's a old saying .... Look at yourself before you judge others....

PandaMassacre
08-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Actually this is TNA's first goof up thread. WWE has had one since last year. So there is no direct favortism.

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 12:58 AM
I see some internet geek has a lot of time on their hands... making a page dedicated to TNAs laughable gimmicks and storylines and etc....
Well yeah TNA has it troubles... so does WWE and ROH and other places....
There's a old saying .... Look at yourself before you judge others....

Its true but....you have to admit....it is pretty funny.

HCollins-TNA1
08-26-2011, 01:04 AM
Its true but....you have to admit....it is pretty funny.
Yeah.... lots of things done in TNA or that has been done in TNA.... like the fire in the Impact Zone... or the 1st Wednesday Night PPV with the fat guy breaking the ring( guess he wasn't signed after that)....
But you can find laugh in any company wrestling or other if look...

Krysys
08-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Well that was entertaining, great find and thanks for postting

Hesterica
08-26-2011, 01:49 AM
How about a WCW one?

WWE/F has had some really low moments too that's true. But that's not the point of this whole thing. It's just for us to have some laughs. Not a debate over which one is better.

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 02:01 AM
The Undertaker/Kane/Paul Bearer storyline is ripped off practically in its entirety when TNA pushes the Abyss/Judas Mesias/James Mitchell feud. It was, as you would expect, awful; it also featured a large amount of terrible gimmick matches. (For the record, if you actually bought into the kayfabe, it would mean that James Mitchell was a father when he was nine years old, which may just about be the sickest thing TNA has ever written.) Dutch Mantell was blamed for writing this crap, but to this day, he says that it was all Russo.

LOL wow xD

Black Mass Reverend
08-26-2011, 02:24 AM
I was looking for a reason to delete TNA off of my DVR. All I needed was a reminder. Fuck it, I'll watch when I'm stoned.

Tay Moran
08-26-2011, 03:35 AM
I was looking for a reason to delete TNA off of my DVR. All I needed was a reminder. Fuck it, I'll watch when I'm stoned.

Thats a waste of a high

Incubus_99
08-26-2011, 05:21 AM
"Earl Hebner has been involved in three "screwjob" angles since debuting with TNA. Nobody cared about any of them."

h eh ehe...this one was classic!...

GR81
08-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Grandmaster Sexay main events a PPV against Scott Hall.

What's more surprising? Grand Master Sexay main eventing a Pay Per View or Scott Hall showing up for one?

wrestlingfan66513
08-26-2011, 08:18 AM
One-half of WWE tag team The Highlanders attends a TNA PPV; TNA decides to show him on-screen, and when he notices, he tries to hide himself (to no avail). Tenay and West proceed to brag about a WWE jobber being in the crowd, completing his public humiliation. Both of The Highlanders lose their jobs shortly after.

I cracked up at that.

HCollins-TNA1
08-26-2011, 08:36 AM
"Earl Hebner has been involved in three "screwjob" angles since debuting with TNA. Nobody cared about any of them."

With the exception of Earl....

Bodom
08-26-2011, 08:38 AM
What's more surprising? Grand Master Sexay main eventing a Pay Per View or Scott Hall showing up for one?

That's a tough one.

HCollins-TNA1
08-26-2011, 08:40 AM
LOL wow xD

If some will remember both NWA and WWF had same storylines once upon a time to....
The Andre the Giant suspension.... he comes back under a mask...
The Dusty Rhodes suspension.... he comes back under a mask....
I beleive they happen almost at the same time.. same year at least...

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-26-2011, 08:53 AM
LOOOOOL good find.. just the first one had me laughing :) and then you keeping looking down and wow LOL

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 08:56 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Ti6QOed2eYY/TNxAISr96aI/AAAAAAAAIQI/GjlHGhcOljY/s1600/hulk__LOLTNA_1.jpg

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-26-2011, 08:57 AM
One-half of WWE tag team The Highlanders attends a TNA PPV; TNA decides to show him on-screen, and when he notices, he tries to hide himself (to no avail). Tenay and West proceed to brag about a WWE jobber being in the crowd, completing his public humiliation. Both of The Highlanders lose their jobs shortly after.

i remember reading about this.. the wwe knew he was going too tna too watch the show , but he was told just make sure you dont get seen on camera and then tna just had too show him.. LOL

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 09:02 AM
This thread looks like the comment page of a funny YouTube video. The top comments are quotes from the original source.

AOF666
08-26-2011, 09:41 AM
If some will remember both NWA and WWF had same storylines once upon a time to....

You forgot the best one. Hulk Hogan fired comes back wearing a mask and being Mr. USA. Everyone pretending they didn't know it was Hogan even though you can see his mustache.

HeelTurn
08-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow, I remember TNA during its Asylum days, and my brain must have forgot all that crap lol, good read.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-26-2011, 10:06 AM
It was an outstanding read.

Could hardly believe some of it, the show is in shambles from the looks of things.

thechamp187
08-26-2011, 11:44 AM
misty on a pole match

black reign vs kaz - how can dixie carter say the guy who came up with a rat on a pole match is a good booker

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 12:33 PM

That is a tough one.....

TheBeardOfZeus
08-26-2011, 12:49 PM

Yeah dude, we know.

On topic, that VKM/Hemme one is crazy, I can remember that and going along with it...

Rassling_Fan
08-26-2011, 12:51 PM

I believe this is less about being in masks and more about the manager being in a relationship with the wrestler's mother where an illegitimate child is somehow involved (for the WWE, Kane to Paul Bearer. for TNA, Abyss to Mitchell).

But this is a funny find. They even got one for the WWE.

The man who was almost completely responsible for WWF's success at the time was Hulk Hogan. WWF fans were mesmerized by Hulk's amazing 3 minute squash matches that featured very little, if any, actual wrestling. The Hulkster became the most successful wrestler of all time and achieved everything without even putting any effort into his shitty matches.

Automatic
08-26-2011, 12:57 PM
I believe this is less about being in masks and more about the manager being in a relationship with the wrestler's mother where an illegitimate child is somehow involved (for the WWE, Kane to Paul Bearer. for TNA, Abyss to Mitchell).

But this is a funny find. They even got one for the WWE.

I'm on that site also now and that site is full of win.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-26-2011, 01:00 PM
This title reign consisted mostly of JBL searching for illegal immigrants on the American-Mexican border and clotheslining them

BWAHAHA I remembered this, and I laughed.

xAzureSkye
08-26-2011, 01:01 PM

That is hilarious because I dont remember any of them, goes to show how important they were

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 01:32 PM
"TNA signs Adam "Pacman" Jones, a disgraced football player who -- despite his off-field shenanigans -- is still under contract with the Tennessee Titans at the time. The Titans get a court order forbidding Jones to become physically involved in any wrestling match. TNA pairs Jones off with Ron Killings (WWE's R-Truth), then has the pair defeat Sting and Kurt Angle for the TNA Tag Team Championships. Yes, you read that right: a man not allowed to wrestle in any way won a wrestling championship."

Wooooooow xD

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 01:38 PM
"TNA signs Adam "Pacman" Jones, a disgraced football player who -- despite his off-field shenanigans -- is still under contract with the Tennessee Titans at the time. The Titans get a court order forbidding Jones to become physically involved in any wrestling match. TNA pairs Jones off with Ron Killings (WWE's R-Truth), then has the pair defeat Sting and Kurt Angle for the TNA Tag Team Championships. Yes, you read that right: a man not allowed to wrestle in any way won a wrestling championship."

Wooooooow xD

Who can forget that? Major thing that guy has done is distract the ref with money.

Leggo
08-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Wow!, what a great read that was. Some really good stuff in there. Thanks SG/Necro for this!

thejman93
08-26-2011, 02:50 PM
My favorite line of the whole thing:

At a set of tapings in August 2011, they set up an angle where Sting would face Ric Flair in a match. The stipulation was that if Flair beat Sting, the loser would have to retire -- but if Sting defeats Flair, the pathway would open for Sting vs Hogan II (which he wanted to have at Bound for Glory 2011, which takes place in Philadelphia -- the stomping grounds of the ECW Mutants). The segment was so bad that it pissed off half the "cast members", who vacated the Impact Zone after it was over. (Philly is going to have a field day with that match, by the way.)

Yes, yes we are.

Seriously, I don't think TNA brass realize how poorly that's gonna go over in Philly.

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 02:53 PM
My favorite line of the whole thing:

Yes, yes we are.

Seriously, I don't think TNA brass realize how poorly that's gonna go over in Philly.

I wanna be in Philly when the shitstorm happens :)

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 02:56 PM
"On a Wednesday afternoon, Eric Bischoff tweets that people should stop criticizing him and Hulk Hogan, that the changes they have made to TNA don't truly affect the on-screen product, and that only 10% of the audience is made up of people who complain about it on the internet. He goes on to say that the true story can be seen by the ratings -- "the numbers don't lie" -- and to prove his point, that Thursday's editiion of Impact Wrestling does a 1.01, the lowest rating of the year (to date)."

thejman93
08-26-2011, 02:57 PM
I wanna be in Philly when the shitstorm happens :)

Especially since it may be the main event over a good match like Crimson-Angle.

Bodom
08-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Especially since it may be the main event over a good match like Crimson-Angle.

So called this match last year.

thejman93
08-26-2011, 03:02 PM
I knew this match would happen.

Which one?

Bodom
08-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Which one?

Hogan-Sting.

thejman93
08-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Hogan-Sting.

Yeah, Hogan has been saying for a while that he wants to do it.

Bodom
08-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, Hogan has been saying for a while that he wants to do it.

Still have my fingers crossed that it'll be for the World Title.

el gabo
08-26-2011, 03:38 PM
I hope Philly does this during Hogan vs Sting match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNfnR4wucRU

Y2J___Y2J
08-26-2011, 03:54 PM
This shit is awesome...

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Hogan vs Sting for the World Title is very lolzy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Philly riots.

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 04:07 PM
I HOPE they start some "This is bullish*t" chants and see how IMPACT handles it.

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 04:08 PM
I HOPE they start some "This is bullish*t" chants and see how IMPACT handles it.

Someone being laid off instead of Russo :p

Automatic
08-26-2011, 04:12 PM

A senior official will come out during a backstage skit/commercial for Auto Direct Insurance and TELL THEM TO BE QUIET!!!!

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 04:15 PM
A senior official will come out during a backstage skit/commercial for Auto Direct Insurance and TELL THEM TO BE QUIET!!!!

Didn't the employee that hooked up DA and IMPACT get fired?

Automatic
08-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Didn't the employee that hooked up DA and IMPACT get fired?

Yes, indeed he got fired.

maar13
08-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Yeah.... lots of things done in TNA or that has been done in TNA.... like the fire in the Impact Zone... or the 1st Wednesday Night PPV with the fat guy breaking the ring( guess he wasn't signed after that)....
But you can find laugh in any company wrestling or other if look...

Yeah, all companies have their own dirty clothes...BUT you have got to admit that reading all this, while pretty brutal was also pretty funny.

I am no hater, actually watch the show not to rant about it, but damn it was a good laugh! :)

Also read the WWEPG ones, they were actually pretty cool too.

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah, all companies have their own dirty clothes...BUT you have got to admit that reading all this, while pretty brutal was also pretty funny.

I am no hater, actually watch the show not to rant about it, but damn it was a good laugh! :)

Exactly! For the laughs!

el gabo
08-26-2011, 04:31 PM

Fanboys take things way too seriously on this site.

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 04:32 PM

He's not a fanboy. He's simply stating he's not a hater.

el gabo
08-26-2011, 04:41 PM
He's not a fanboy. He's simply stating he's not a hater.

Having to state that WWE makes mistakes too on every single TNA thread makes for a highly qualified fanboy IMO. Specially when it's just for laughs.

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Try to keep the heat at a minimum lol

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 04:46 PM

IMPACT's not gonna be so lucky with controlling heat when BFG comes.

el gabo
08-26-2011, 04:49 PM

Philly is gonna be thee voice of the voiceless come BFG.

Automatic
08-26-2011, 04:57 PM

IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY HEAT THAN GET OUTTA MY O-ZONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZdIN25wifc&t=51s

God fucking damnit, just start the vid at 0:51.

maar13
08-26-2011, 05:08 PM

You should check the ones for WWEPG on the same site, I mena they are in less detail, but allways a good laugh too!

SilverGhost
08-26-2011, 05:12 PM

Lol xD Like I care about the after effects. I want Philly to tear TNA a new one.

IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY HEAT THAN GET OUTTA MY O-ZONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZdIN25wifc&t=51s

God fucking damnit, just start the vid at 0:51.

More weights equals more dates lol

Automatic
08-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Lol xD Like I care about the after effects. I want Philly to tear TNA a new one.

More weights equals more dates lol

Apparently he's trying to be Kelly Kelly's next boyfriend. I wish him the best luck. She just hopped from Justin Gabriel to some guy I don't know, but was ringside at SummerSlam and apparently has some fame.

Bodom
08-26-2011, 05:17 PM
You should check the ones for WWEPG on the same site, I mena they are in less detail, but allways a good laugh too!

Have a link? Would love to read up on some of the dumb shit WWE has done.

Iron Ape
08-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Having to state that WWE makes mistakes too on every single TNA thread makes for a highly qualified fanboy IMO. Specially when it's just for laughs.
You'd think some people own stock with the way they spend the majority of their time here defending their favorite company (even when it's completely unnecessary).

maar13
08-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Have a link? Would love to read up on some of the dumb shit WWE has done.

http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=WWE

It is a small section but it was nice to remember things like those.

Call me whatever you want man, I really don't care, I laugh a lot at both companies sections.

Follow the link above, maybe you can use a good laugh too.

K2Jelly
08-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Sums up the Attitude Era perfectly.

"The Attitude Era is thought to have officially began when Stone Cold beat Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania. Soon after, wrestling became as popular as it was in the 1980s being led by Stone Cold and eventually The Rock. The ratings improved to the point where WCW lost every week. Like anything Russo has written, the storylines didn't make much sense. They were exciting and fresh, but a logical nightmare and sometimes just plain weird even for most *channers. This is the era where most /wooo/kies and smarks started watching wrestling as children. McMahon was putting out purely adult content, but kids everywhere watched and stared long hours at Sable's gigantic breasts before they even knew how to fap. Elementary schools were filled with Austin 3:16 shirts, kids telling their teachers to "suck it," and 8 year olds secretly passing around Raw magazine to see the nearly nude Divas. Strangely enough, smarks who claim to love actual wrestling more than crazy storylines believe this was the greatest era of wrestling. (It is not. Goddamn nostalgia fags)
[edit] Fucked Up Storylines
Mae Young fucking a huge black bodybuilder and giving birth to a hand.
Mark Henry getting sucked off by a trap.
Val Venis being castrated by Japs.
Vince McMahon revealing himself as the higher power of a group that kidnapped his own daughter and probably intended to rape her if Vince's enemy Stone Cold hadn't saved her.

maar13
08-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Sums up the Attitude Era perfectly.

"The Attitude Era is thought to have officially began when Stone Cold beat Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania. Soon after, wrestling became as popular as it was in the 1980s being led by Stone Cold and eventually The Rock. The ratings improved to the point where WCW lost every week. Like anything Russo has written, the storylines didn't make much sense. They were exciting and fresh, but a logical nightmare and sometimes just plain weird even for most *channers. This is the era where most /wooo/kies and smarks started watching wrestling as children. McMahon was putting out purely adult content, but kids everywhere watched and stared long hours at Sable's gigantic breasts before they even knew how to fap. Elementary schools were filled with Austin 3:16 shirts, kids telling their teachers to "suck it," and 8 year olds secretly passing around Raw magazine to see the nearly nude Divas. Strangely enough, smarks who claim to love actual wrestling more than crazy storylines believe this was the greatest era of wrestling. (It is not. Goddamn nostalgia fags)
[edit] Fucked Up Storylines
Mae Young fucking a huge black bodybuilder and giving birth to a hand.
Mark Henry getting sucked off by a trap.
Val Venis being castrated by Japs.
Vince McMahon revealing himself as the higher power of a group that kidnapped his own daughter and probably intended to rape her if Vince's enemy Stone Cold hadn't saved her.

Yes and I said: "OUCH....Damn I am a Nostalgia fan but don't have to throw it at my face like that...well, maybe a little." :P

The bold part was one of the time I was like "What the f...? OK, relax man, maybe something would come up out of this" and it was not so bad if you see the sick and twisted side of it.

el gabo
08-26-2011, 05:57 PM
http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=WWE

It is a small section but it was nice to remember things like those.

Call me whatever you want man, I really don't care, I laugh a lot at both companies sections.

Follow the link above, maybe you can use a good laugh too.

Wasn't pointing a finger at you actually. I don't really know who you are

el gabo
08-26-2011, 05:59 PM
You'd think some people own stock with the way they spend the majority of their time here defending their favorite company (even when it's completely unnecessary).

I like to think that Dixie and Vince send them paychecks in the mail. To me, it's the best way to explain this fanaticism.

xAzureSkye
08-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Fire any woman wrestler who gets over out of fear the Knockouts will do better ratings than the men (Despite how much Dixie made clear she clears the ratings on everything during her YouShoot)

This is actually hilarious cos the WWE did the same back in 2005 cos the Superstars were jealous of the increasing popularity of the Divas so Vince fired Gail, Molly, Jazz, Nidia and Ivory and began hiring models and Diva search girls

maar13
08-29-2011, 05:40 PM
This is actually hilarious cos the WWE did the same back in 2005 cos the Superstars were jealous of the increasing popularity of the Divas so Vince fired Gail, Molly, Jazz, Nidia and Ivory and began hiring models and Diva search girls

Really? because Gail was let go way before Molly, I think Jazz and Ivory were let go right before that, but Nidia was worthless.

2005 was a fine year for them, with the Hot rivalry of Mickie and Trish, Beth comming, Lita being a heel and endig her feud with Trish, later ending her feud with Mickie in which Mickie apparently got the flag of Number one girl.

After that, even when her hot rivalry with Melina, I can see your point, because all of the sudden they started to become completely secondary, their start really faded after that.

That and with Ashley saying she was not Hemme (And she was right, she was way worse), all when dark for them.

Destruction
07-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Old Thread Bumpage!!!

Reading through the website, and it's fucking funny. One of the best I found was this from Shawn Michaels page

The Early Years
When Michaels was but a young boy, he had a very abusive father. One particular day, Shawn was frolicking outside... when his father shouted 'I'M GONNA GET YOU BOY!' His dad suddenly came charging out into the yard and delivered a hard right hook to Shawn (which he sold perfectly). After a barrage of punches, it looked like young Shawn was doomed. Suddenly, he kipped up onto his feet from the floor with golden dexterity and forearm smashed his dad. He followed up by climbing onto the family car and crashed elbow-first into his dad's sternum. While waiting for his father to recover, Shawn began stomping his right foot while the neighbors marked the fuck out and counted. When his father finally arose, he turned around only to be met with BAH GAWD SWEET CHIN MUSIC and pinned (a wandering hobo counted for three). Following these events, Shawn was signed up to a Wrasslin School.

And Chris Jericho has all of his 1004 moves listed

Wade Barrett 1979
07-23-2012, 12:41 PM
I can't believe how pissed some were about this.

I'd hate to go with them to a comedy club.

CGBigMan
07-23-2012, 12:54 PM
i still check the page every so often to see if anything new appears

Bodom
07-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Haha. Totally forgot that this existed. Funny stuff.

Cabers
07-23-2012, 02:14 PM
This is brillaint lol!!

SilverGhost
07-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Damn! This thread!