PDA

View Full Version : Djibril Cissé

Eve's Arse No.1
08-25-2011, 02:20 PM
This is going to be a dated post but i just googled the guy.

Most of you should all know this guy and the horrible double leg break he suffered years ago whilst at Liverpool. After that he never looked like the same player again and joined a few minor prem teams before leaving for Greece. But ive just seen his career stats at Pans 86 games and 51 goals thats pretty amazing for someone who went through that kinda injury.

He has now signed for Lazio and scored 2 goals on his debut.

I know this is going to sound like a random thread but id like to take my hat off to the guy for recovering from that injury and wish him alot of luck at Lazio.

Does anybody else know of anyone who had a very serious injury and came back to being a success.

CGBigMan
08-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Eduardo came back but didnt realy have succes
in other words no
kl topic tho

Tommy Thunder
08-25-2011, 02:24 PM

Most of you should all know this guy and the horrible double leg break he suffered years ago whilst at Liverpool. After that he never looked like the same player again and joined a few minor prem teams before leaving for Greece. But ive just seen his career stats at Pans 86 games and 51 goals thats pretty amazing for someone who went through that kinda injury.

I know this is going to sound like a random thread but id like to take my hat off to the guy for recovering from that injury and wish him alot of luck at Lazio.

Does anybody else know of anyone who had a very serious injury and came back to being a success.

I think he's a decent player. Plenty of pace, and he knows where the goal is.
Just seen that he scored 50 goals in 60 apps for Panathanikos!! Crazy!!
Don't see why Sunderland didn't make his loan move permanent a couple of years ago. He scored 10 in 35 which ain't bad. Loo forward to seeing what he does at Lazio.

jordan1995
08-25-2011, 02:25 PM
I really like cisse and dissapointed we (Sunderland) didn't take up on the offer to buy him after his loan spell :(

Tommy Thunder
08-25-2011, 02:28 PM
I think he's a decent player. Plenty of pace, and he knows where the goal is.
Just seen that he scored 50 goals in 60 apps for Panathanikos!! Crazy!!
Don't see why Sunderland didn't make his loan move permanent a couple of years ago. He scored 10 in 35 which ain't bad. Loo forward to seeing what he does at Lazio.

On topic, Ivan Klasnic.
He had a kidney transplant, and went on to appear at the Euro championships for Croatia and score twice there. It's amazing that he's still playing top flight football, and doing well. I see him having a good season for Bolton.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Cool glad you all seem to like the topic i just thought it was worth mentioning.

The only other guy that springs to mind is Markus Babbel but i dont know what his playing career was like afterwards i know he became a manager and did an ok job.

HeelTurn
08-25-2011, 02:32 PM

Wouldnt call Sunderland a minor team lol Yeah he was a great asset to us, was dissapointed when he left.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Wouldnt call Sunderland a minor team lol Yeah he was a great asset to us, was dissapointed when he left.

They were minor at the time NOW i would say inside top 10 easy

HeelTurn
08-25-2011, 02:35 PM
They were minor at the time NOW i would say inside top 10 easy

We were essentially a one man team with Cisse.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-25-2011, 02:35 PM

Sunderland didn't take the offer at the time because it would have been a big strain on the wage budget.

I like Cisse, and I applaud that he has worked his way back to the top.

Off topic, but Papiss Cisse is an awesome player too. Hooray for all that is Cisse!

Automatic
08-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Marcilewski, I think. Witsel broke his leg.

Tommy Thunder
08-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Alan Stubbs.
Recovered from testicular cancer TWICE and went on to have a successful career.

Steve Austin
08-25-2011, 03:13 PM
I liked Cisse at Liverpool, he was a great player but he was just a bit wasteful with chances. Good player though, hope he does well for Lazio.

jordan1995
08-25-2011, 03:20 PM

yeah the moron calling sunderland i minor team !!!!!!!!! and cisse did well up here

Eve's Arse No.1
08-25-2011, 03:23 PM
yeah the moron calling sunderland i minor team !!!!!!!!! and cisse did well up here

Read back to first page you WERE a minor team at the time now your are a top 10 team

VanHooliganX
08-25-2011, 03:31 PM
DAT INJURY!

Looked so painful :S

Glad he's doing well though. I enjoyed watching him play.

jordan1995
08-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Read back to first page you WERE a minor team at the time now your are a top 10 team

haha il let u get away with that then haha

IrkenInvader
08-25-2011, 07:57 PM
John Cena has done great things with limited skills and ability. Does that count?

Juvenile Junkie
08-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Arjen Robben,Robert Pires,Brazilian Ronaldo,Shabani Nonda.

wow,I'm shcoked that with all the British-based forum members who posted comments,non have taken up the golden opportunity to tell us all that Cisse plays in Italy because Serie A is.................

But hats off for having the class not to do so

Eve's Arse No.1
08-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Just thought of one Ruud Van Nisstlerooy

Juvenile Junkie
08-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Just thought of one Ruud Van Nisstlerooy

Best known for his exploits at real madrid,PSV and ofcourse the future champions of Europe,Malaga!

Automatic
08-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Best known for his exploits at real madrid,PSV and ofcourse the future champions of Europe,Malaga!

Lol, he'll be 40 then.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-27-2011, 12:55 PM

Are you a Twat on purpose or just a moron?

Juvenile Junkie
08-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Are you a Twat on purpose or just a moron?

Is your low self esteem genetic or hereditary?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Is your low self esteem genetic or hereditary?

No but Nisstleroy is mainly famous for playing for Man U and yet you spit on english football yet again you are extremly bias

Juvenile Junkie
08-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Lol, he'll be 40 then.

Van Der Sar was 40. Maldini was 40. Roger Milla was 40. could be in 2 years time,but unlikely.He will probably never win the UCL as a player,despite being one of its most lethal strikers,sad even balotelli has a winners medal

Eve's Arse No.1
08-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Van Der Sar was 40. Maldini was 40. Roger Milla was 40. could be in 2 years time,but unlikely.He will probably never win the UCL as a player,despite being one of its most lethal strikers,sad even balotelli has a winners medal

Strikers in this day and age are different to those in Milla's day m8 its a quicker game and apart from Raul i cant think of a striker who is nearing 40 to be able to still play at a top level week in week out.

Juvenile Junkie
08-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Strikers in this day and age are different to those in Milla's day m8 its a quicker game and apart from Raul i cant think of a striker who is nearing 40 to be able to still play at a top level week in week out.

Raul id not near 40.he is 34,same age as guys like Di Natale,Di Vaio,Ruud Van Nistelrooy,pedro Munitis

Eve's Arse No.1
08-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Didnt know he was that young hes been around for years and years thought he was around 38

Steve Austin
08-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Inzaghi!!! He's 38 and although he doesn't start many games he came off the bench against Madrid last season scored 2.

Juvenile Junkie
08-29-2011, 06:11 AM
Inzaghi!!! He's 38 and although he doesn't start many games he came off the bench against Madrid last season scored 2.

my personal highlight of 2010/11