PDA

View Full Version : last of the 80's

masakaritko
08-25-2011, 06:27 AM
just noticed something that you guys may find interesting, but of all the guys on wwe's main roster, the two guys that have been pro the longest are Goldust and Rey Mysterio. Goldust debuted in 1988 and Mysterio debuted in 1989. Undertaker would technically be pro the longest since he debuted in 1984, but he's basically retired with a few matches per year. Same goes for William Regal, who only appears in a battle royal or what not every once in a while, he's basically retired. Even if Triple H were still part of the main roster, his debut was in 1992 so he falls a few years short. Goldust has taken a more backstage role lately, so really the only person left on the main roster who debuted in the 80's is Rey Mysterio. I just can't fathom Rey Mysterio being THE veteran on the roster. It's mind blowing.

LMPunker
08-25-2011, 06:50 AM
yeah but didnt rey make his debut in a church in mexico at like 14 years old

masakaritko
08-25-2011, 06:53 AM
yeah but didnt rey make his debut in a church in mexico at like 14 years old

yes, but age doesn't matter, he's still been wrestling longer than anyone else on the main roster right now and that's what counts

Mr.Turtle
08-25-2011, 06:54 AM
yes, but age doesn't matter, he's still been wrestling longer than anyone else on the main roster right now and that's what counts

He's not wrestling at the moment, but it is quite strange to think about.

masakaritko
08-25-2011, 07:15 AM
He's not wrestling at the moment, but it is quite strange to think about.

yeah, but he's only going to be out for about 6 months then he'll be back again.

FLWWEFan
08-25-2011, 07:55 AM
yeah, but he's only going to be out for about 6 months then he'll be back again.

only? lol....this is what number time he's been out of action for a lenghty period of time? Dude isn't getting any younger, I think the next time he gets injured and needs surgery his career is gonna be finished, sadly.

ELNIOJR
08-25-2011, 07:59 AM
I was born in 1988. BTW what's your point?

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-25-2011, 08:27 AM
only? lol....this is what number time he's been out of action for a lenghty period of time? Dude isn't getting any younger, I think the next time he gets injured and needs surgery his career is gonna be finished, sadly.

i share the same feeling's.. olny so long you can keep having surgery , without thinking can i still keep doing this ?.

tshizzy34
08-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Mysterio will probably be retired by this time next year if not sooner. The guy is great, but as said before he isn't getting any younger and we all know what generally happens to people with nagging same spot injuries, so sadly he doesn't have much time left imo.

sincara
08-25-2011, 10:20 AM
rey as the veterain =mindblowing

TNA 'The very best'
08-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Hopefully he will retire soon,

the wrestling shade
08-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Why is it mind blowing? I watched Rey Mysterio in WCW and still iam watching him in WWE and the guy deserve to be a veteran, ofcaurse in the recent years WWE has limited his moves set because of his injuries and for the fact that WWE preformers dont have to kill themselves anymore to make the fans happy but if they give him the green light iam sure you can see the real Mysterio who is full of action althought i started to think he cant do it anymore or maybe he can but it would take a tall on him. who knows :S

Y2Jryder
08-25-2011, 02:50 PM
All these guys deserve to be in the hall of fame.

charmingone28
08-25-2011, 03:50 PM
I always find it funny that when the announcers talk about Rey they always call him young. Do they not know how long he's been in the business and he is not young by a long shot

Chavo.G
08-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Goldust is one of the most unappreciated wrestlers ever. I would like him to win some title before he retire. Maybe the intercontinental. He had a great feud with jeff jarret over it. Goldust is one of the best wrestlers of all time, if not, the best.

masakaritko
08-26-2011, 08:26 AM
it IS mindblowing