Group A: Bayern Munich, Villarreal, MAN CITY, Napoli
Group B: Inter Milan, CSKA Moscow, Lille, Trabzonspor
Group C: MAN UTD, Benfica, Basel, Otelul Galati
Group D: Real Madrid, Lyon, Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb
Group E: CHELSEA, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen,Genk
Group F: ARSENAL, Marseille, Olympiakos, Borussia Dortmund
Group G: FC Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit, Apoel FC
Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan, BATE Borisov, Viktoria Plzen

The English teams should get through pretty easily, not the hardest groups apart from maybe City who I'd expect to go through still.

Leggo
08-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Why does this need a separate thread?

I really wanted man city in with barcelona and ac Milan

Steve Austin
08-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Why does this need a separate thread?

I really wanted man city in with barcelona and ac Milan

I don't know but I thought I'd comment anyway :) Same, Man City v Barca would of been a great game.

VanHooliganX
08-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Unsure about Group A
Not scared of Villareal at all and whoever we got from pot 1 would be hard so Bayern are expected. As for Napoli, I think all 3 teams may struggle against them so Group A will be interesting.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Arsenal have quite a tough group Marseille and Dortmund are about on par with Udinese so should be a great group.

One group i think is excellent is the Porto group some different teams in that one.

But Barc and Milan have a straight forward group both teams should dominate those teams

Leggo
08-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Unsure about Group A
Not scared of Villareal at all and whoever we got from pot 1 would be hard so Bayern are expected. As for Napoli, I think all 3 teams may struggle against them so Group A will be interesting.

I think city have the hardest group tbh. Utd, Chelsea and arsenal should qualify easily.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-25-2011, 12:50 PM
I think city have the hardest group tbh. Utd, Chelsea and arsenal should qualify easily.

Have you seen Arsenal play recently?????

Tomsta666
08-25-2011, 01:11 PM
I would expect all English teams through from that. Tricky groups all round though.
I suppose there isn't any easy games in the Champions League though is there?

Leggo
08-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Have you seen Arsenal play recently?????

Lol... Yeah mate.

I would expect them to qualify though. The only tricky fixture IMO is dortmund away. The rest I can see you winning/drawing. Especially your home games.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Lol... Yeah mate.

I would expect them to qualify though. The only tricky fixture IMO is dortmund away. The rest I can see you winning/drawing. Especially your home games.

I dont know German teams tend to be excellent at home and that french team is very similar to Arsenal in style plus Greece is a hostile country to play in so cud be tough.

Leggo
08-25-2011, 01:25 PM
I dont know German teams tend to be excellent at home and that french team is very similar to Arsenal in style plus Greece is a hostile country to play in so cud be tough.

You're an Arsenal fan right?... Have a little faith lad! Lol

Automatic
08-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Group A: Bayern Munich, Man City
Group B: Inter Milan, Lille
Group C: Man Utd, Benfica
Group D: Real Madrid, Lyon
Group E: Chelsea, Bayer Leverkusen
Group F: Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund
Group G: FC Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk
Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan

My picks for the knock-out stages.

Leggo
08-25-2011, 01:30 PM

I could go with that. There's always an upset though! I actually think Man city could top the group.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-25-2011, 01:33 PM
You're an Arsenal fan right?... Have a little faith lad! Lol

I know i should be last year we fucked up against weak opposition and had to go against Barca in the last 16 and i can see it happening again.

Im happy with group G its nice for the lesser named teams to have an easier group.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-25-2011, 01:59 PM
I know i should be last year we fucked up against weak opposition and had to go against Barca in the last 16 and i can see it happening again.

Im happy with group G its nice for the lesser named teams to have an easier group.

It is dude.

I was delighted with out group, and all the English teams should go through. Dortmund were the team to avoid for me, but I don't think Arsenal should worry about not progressing.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-25-2011, 02:08 PM
It is dude.

I was delighted with out group, and all the English teams should go through. Dortmund were the team to avoid for me, but I don't think Arsenal should worry about not progressing.

Did you see it live or did you listen to it on the radio or through the internet?

Juvenile Junkie
08-26-2011, 12:14 AM
The English teams should get through pretty easily, not the hardest groups apart from maybe City who I'd expect to go through still.

ah,what lovely modesty..........Man United and Chelsea I would bet my house oni it,Man City have not done much in Europe and Arsenal barely beat a mid-table Serie A club in the qualifiers.

Man United could win it,prompting Fergie to retire on a high........

Juvenile Junkie
08-26-2011, 12:17 AM

Ya,sad that people can guess 80 - 100% of the teams to go through.I would pick valencia over NEVERkusen..........cuz they never win anything.

Juvenile Junkie
08-26-2011, 12:20 AM
man,I remember that 1 group from 2 years ago where Liverpool only finished 3rd,Lyon 2nd,Fiorentina top,pity we don't get such competitive groups that often anymore.

Round of 16 should be a group stage again!

And as usual,big European clubs have been 'throwing' Europa League ties to try get eliminated from the 'the ugly sister' of the UCL.Wow,I can't think of any sport that has such an irrelavent 2nd tier competition

Juvenile Junkie
08-26-2011, 12:24 AM

Even though I'm South African,I'm of Greek descent,my Greek side is Olympiakos,having lived in Greece for a while,I can tell you The Greek mentality is that Olympiakos and Panathinaikos must wil EuroLeague(basketball's version of the Champions League),whatever happens in football is a bonus,sad but true.

Dortmund lost their star player to real madrid.