PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You See As Being The Next Big Thing In The WWE?

tshizzy34
08-25-2011, 12:10 AM
So I know that Cena is currently the it guy, and Punk may be heading in the direction of joining/replacing him so we might have our current big person, but who do you think will be the next person groomed to be the WWE's big front man, or should I say face of the company?

My personal opinion is The Miz. He is young, he is great on the mic, has decent in ring skills, shoots great promos, and works his ass off for the company. My only worry? He will become another Cena, which I will hate if this happens.

THOUGHTS?

Enforcer23
08-25-2011, 12:15 AM
yeah miz is a great option or alex riley in the long run...wwe seem to love him anyways and ziggler i believe jsut options tho

tshizzy34
08-25-2011, 12:25 AM
yeah miz is a great option or alex riley in the long run...wwe seem to love him anyways and ziggler i believe jsut options tho

Yea I agree 100% with Alex Riley he could be huge but sadly I just don't think he will ever reach that elite dare I say "Legend" status. Ziggler could go either way but he is starting to grow on me slowly.

68wPayne
08-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Do you mean who is on the main roster now or who in development could take the place? Main roster I'll say The Miz and Wade Barrett. Development I say Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins

tshizzy34
08-25-2011, 12:44 AM
Do you mean who is on the main roster now or who in development could take the place? Main roster I'll say The Miz and Wade Barrett. Development I say Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins

I meant main roster, cuz to be honest I don't pay quite as much attention to development, but to be fair I will say anyone from anywhere.

ihearvoices
08-25-2011, 12:46 AM
The future will be...

The Miz=Cena
Jomo=Orton
Ziggler,Rtruth etc will be in the main event picture but never become or reach that high status as the top guy of the company

infrequentPoster
08-25-2011, 12:52 AM
Wow. Good responses. I agree with you guys about Miz and Barrett.

Miz was able to make chicken shit into chicken salad two weeks ago, and it was pretty amazing. Of course I'm referring to the infamous Subway promo. He's still only like 30 years old, and he is really over as a heel. His ring work constantly has been improving, so I'm happy to see this guy develop into his own.

Barrett has been misused, but he was able to put on decent matches against Zeke. I think the match he had with Danielson was really underrated as well. His delivery on the mic is very smooth, and I can see him being a sinister backstabbing heel. I expect big things from him if he's used properly.

Riley...I'm not sold on yet. He was really over in the feud against Miz, but I attribute that more to how hated Miz is. It seems like he's lost a lot of steam. I think this guy is better suited as a heel. If you saw NXT last year, you know what I'm talking about.

To add to this list, I'd put Dolph Ziggler. If given the opportunity, I know he'll surprise people. We've seen flashes of brilliance in the ring and on the mic with this guy.

68wPayne
08-25-2011, 12:54 AM
The future will be...

The Miz=Cena
Jomo=Orton
Ziggler,Rtruth etc will be in the main event picture but never become or reach that high status as the top guy of the company

I honestly don't see JoMo sticking around. I would bet money that if Melina gets picked up by TNA he will start being a Matt Hardy and complaining and making a general ass of himself to get released so he can go be with her before she fucks too many guys in the TNA locker room.

ihearvoices
08-25-2011, 12:57 AM
I honestly don't see JoMo sticking around. I would bet money that if Melina gets picked up by TNA he will start being a Matt Hardy and complaining and making a general ass of himself to get released so he can go be with her before she fucks too many guys in the TNA locker room.

Honestly i see Melina coming back in like a year or two.

midian
08-25-2011, 01:02 AM
I'd agree with you guys on Wade Barret,Dolph and Alex Reiley but I would add Cody Rhodes and as my wild card Justin Gabriel to that list

tshizzy34
08-25-2011, 01:07 AM
I also agree on Cody Rhodes & Justin Gabriel. I have always been pretty high on those 2 guys, but I suppose it's just gonna come down to if they are pushed or not. Barrett could have already been huge had they not dropped the ball on him after Punk took over Nexus, but I have hopes for the future. I don't see Jomo being around all that long, but again it will come down to what becomes of Melina.

Enforcer23
08-25-2011, 01:13 AM
yeah cody rhodes is a another guy that can hit main event well

tad locust
08-25-2011, 01:23 AM
I think Rhodes,Miz,and Barrett will be the future top stars.In my opinion,Ziggler and JoMo will never be full fledged main eventers but could have world title reigns and be around for a while.Alex Riley has potential but needs to work on both his ring skills and his promos.

ratedy2jayz
08-25-2011, 01:36 AM
I honestly think Alex Riley is just another Cena waiting to happen. I would love for Dolph Ziggler to be the face of the company because he's pretty awesome. But i think guys like Justin Gabriel or Tyson Kidd have a chance of breaking out if the tag division gets better and the cruiserweight division returns.

URATOOL
08-25-2011, 01:47 AM
In 2030 Declan James McMahon will headline wrestlemania.

You heard it here first folks.

Hesterica
08-25-2011, 02:59 AM
My only problem with Riley is his finisher. Whenever he does that it reminds me of Edge which is not a good thing. He needs a move to call his own.

viperrtracing
08-25-2011, 03:16 AM
I say Miz, Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Alex Riley and my wildcards would be Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd

jordan1995
08-25-2011, 03:22 AM
i think Cody Rhodes ..the miz and maybe Alex Riley

BlazersDozen
08-25-2011, 03:24 AM
I'd say without a doubt, even though I think he sucks, Alex Riley

My out on a limb pick is Ted DiBiase. I think eventually they will use him right. He just has "the look" to me & is above average with most everything IMO

rumblylwc
08-25-2011, 03:26 AM
Id say Ziggler/cody rhodes, tyson kidd are all great wrestlers capable of making any other wrestler look good, i just dont like their gimmicks atm but great wrestlers non the less

URATOOL
08-25-2011, 03:55 AM
Well lets just say it's not going to be Drew "The Chosen One" McIntyre......

TempestH
08-25-2011, 03:56 AM
I would say Alex Riley. I see parallels between Riley and Cena. A bland looking kid who over time get over with the fans. Cena got that big moment when he slapped Kurt Angle on his debut, but for the most part was used to put heel main eventers and upper midcarders over and fell off until the rapper gimmick, and even then he was still a jobber to the stars until his face turn. Riley however did not get his "slap Kurt Angle moment" until a year after his debut when he broke up with The Miz.

Also, much like Cena, Riley has his fair share of haters.

BlazersDozen
08-25-2011, 04:31 AM
Ziggler needs to get rid of that hair. It looks worse & worse every week. I just can't picture a main eventer with bleached long hair with so much gel in it that it makes it look hideous, especially slicked back! He needs to cut it & go to his natural color to look more professional. Besides that, I'm really diggin what he's been doing lately.

HITMAN
08-25-2011, 04:48 AM
I dont no y no one sees the potential in swagger he is the future in my opinion hes a great heel, on the mic and in the ring, and would also make a great face also but for some reason no one likes him

Fan4Now
08-25-2011, 04:53 AM
I look at what a BIG WWE star is today, like Cena & RKO & the only guy I see at the moment able to be like Cena when/if he turns face, which I'm sure he will, is The Miz. The Miz was a reality star on RWRR & he does ALOT of pubicity for the company. VKM trusts that he can promote things. That's something I see as BIG for the future, b/c that's something I see from the likes of Cena, plus Miz's in ring skills have improved, & I'm sure will improve more overtime, & he's gr8 on the mic also, but the RKO of 'em all, who could be a big star aside from publicity & promotion & stuff like that is, & I'm assuming this thread refers to being a big star/babyface b/c heels can be big to certain ppl, but the 'E puts all their emphasis on faces so, I see either Cody or Teddy Jr. IDK what the 'E is doing w/ Teddy, but he does have the look & demeanor of a face, plus he's good in ring & on the mic.

GR81
08-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Wade Barrett has superstar written all over him. It's only a matter of time before he's headlining pay per views (again) and winning world titles.

The_Awesome_One
08-25-2011, 05:47 AM
Ziggler needs to get rid of that hair. It looks worse & worse every week. I just can't picture a main eventer with bleached long hair with so much gel in it that it makes it look hideous, especially slicked back! He needs to cut it & go to his natural color to look more professional. Besides that, I'm really diggin what he's been doing lately.

didnt mr perfect have beach blond hair???

Im suprised nobody has mentioned Sin Cara, like him or not he has been there about 5 months I think and has lost just 1 match and he is HHH pet so he wil be the next big thing IMO

oh and the miz

Y2Jryder
08-25-2011, 05:59 AM
Brock Lesnar

Tommy Thunder
08-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Cody Rhodes will for sure be a main event player within the next few years. He's been brilliant as of late, and I'm surprised that he wasn't put in the main event after his feud with Mysterio. He's been given a tough gimmick to work with, and he's made it work really well. I'd say he's a future top star in WWE.

Wade Barrett has been underused for too long. He's good enough to be main event, and he's stuck on Superstars these days. Pathetic.

I hope to god that Alex Riley makes it to the top. He's excellent on the mic (face or heel), and his in-ring stuff is good too. Plus, WWE seem to be behind him. Many guys would have been released, or at least suspended after being arrested for DUI.

The Miz for me is well on his way up there.

tshizzy34
08-25-2011, 06:15 AM
1st off thanks to everyone who has left comments, I really appreciate them guys so thanks. 2nd It seems as if the general consensus is that the most popular choice is The Miz, with Alex Riley, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, & Wade Barrett as the main other choices with a few oddballs thrown in here and there. The Miz is a great heel, and I'm thinking that maybe after his run with Truth is over, and of course depending on how it turns out, it might be a face turn time for him.

Keep the comments coming guys I like the discussion we've had so far. Oh and btw I lol'd at the Brock Lesnar comment that's just so far out of left field it's crazy lol.

FLWWEFan
08-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Im suprised nobody has mentioned Sin Cara, like him or not he has been there about 5 months I think and has lost just 1 match and he is HHH pet so he wil be the next big thing IMO

oh and the miz

If he keeps botching moves and messing up matches he won't become a major player. Just the other day at the Smackdown tapings they had to retape the entire match between Sin Cara and Heath Slater because it was just awful. I don't put all the blame on Sin Cara though as it takes both wrestlers to perform and make a move look good. Needless to say I just think the E needs to find guys that Cara can have good matches with.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-25-2011, 08:20 AM
So I know that Cena is currently the it guy, and Punk may be heading in the direction of joining/replacing him so we might have our current big person, but who do you think will be the next person groomed to be the WWE's big front man, or should I say face of the company?

My personal opinion is The Miz. He is young, he is great on the mic, has decent in ring skills, shoots great promos, and works his ass off for the company. My only worry? He will become another Cena, which I will hate if this happens.

THOUGHTS?

yeh i agree with you.. miz is like there plan b if somthing happen's too orton or cena , so i can see him becoming the face and somone like wade barret as the main heel ,

Automatic
08-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Wow. Good responses. I agree with you guys about Miz and Barrett.

Miz was able to make chicken shit into chicken salad two weeks ago, and it was pretty amazing. Of course I'm referring to the infamous Subway promo. He's still only like 30 years old, and he is really over as a heel. His ring work constantly has been improving, so I'm happy to see this guy develop into his own.

Barrett has been misused, but he was able to put on decent matches against Zeke. I think the match he had with Danielson was really underrated as well. His delivery on the mic is very smooth, and I can see him being a sinister backstabbing heel. I expect big things from him if he's used properly.

Riley...I'm not sold on yet. He was really over in the feud against Miz, but I attribute that more to how hated Miz is. It seems like he's lost a lot of steam. I think this guy is better suited as a heel. If you saw NXT last year, you know what I'm talking about.

To add to this list, I'd put Dolph Ziggler. If given the opportunity, I know he'll surprise people. We've seen flashes of brilliance in the ring and on the mic with this guy.

I agree completely with this.

Danielle20SxE
08-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, and The Miz.

steveorton
08-25-2011, 08:47 AM
The Miz, Sheamus, Wade Barett and JoMo, I'm jus sayin...

tshizzy34
08-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Again seems like most everyone agree The Miz has what it takes to become the next big thing for the WWE. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's probably got something to do with the fact that he's the Miz... and he's Awwwwwwwwwwwwesome!

BxmJami3e
08-25-2011, 09:16 AM
I personally see Miz being the next biggest star. The guy busts his nuts for the company just like Punk does and i see him being a huge star in the future whether as a heel or a face. ADR will also be a big star, should he learn to nail his promo skills a little better.

Sheamus is arguably one of if not the best talent SD! has to offer and WWE need to capitalize on this rather than relying on RKO to carry a brand name by himself. I can also see Rhodes having a vvery prosperous future he just needs current big names to make him more over with the fans.

FLWWEFan
08-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Most Likely To Be The Next Big Thing- The Miz
Honorable Mentions- Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Wade Barrett

sincara
08-25-2011, 09:55 AM
sheamus/swagger/dolph/dolph/barrett

steveorton
08-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Most Likely To Be The Next Big Thing- The Miz
Honorable Mentions- Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Wade Barrett

Oh Yes I forgot Cody Rhodes, he will definitely make it, I'm jus sayin...

TNA 'The very best'
08-25-2011, 10:03 AM

I've said this on so many threads, the best thing for TNA is to sign her and he will follow within a year,

The next big thing has to be the MIZ love him or hate him, (same with Cena) he has and will work his arse off for everything

Jazz
08-25-2011, 10:09 AM
As a fanboy I say Drew McIntyre. Though I could see Bo Rotundo, and Seth Rollins as great potentials.

tshizzy34
08-25-2011, 10:33 AM
As a fanboy I say Drew McIntyre. Though I could see Bo Rotundo, and Seth Rollins as great potentials.

Drew Mcintyre's ship has already sailed so he imo is out of the picture for good. The other 2 guys are developmental talent so I see several others being pushed up their waaay before them tbh.

FLWWEFan
08-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Drew Mcintyre's ship has already sailed so he imo is out of the picture for good. The other 2 guys are developmental talent so I see several others being pushed up their waaay before them tbh.

Yep, when you got Drew McIntyre jobbing out on FCW house shows, you know the end is most likely near for him. As far as Seth Rollins and Bo Rotundo go, they have a good chance especially Bo since Cena is a big fan of his said so on his twitter last week. Rollins has a great style to him and could definetly see him being an impact player in a few years.

Y2J___Y2J
08-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Miz or Cody I woud think.. Cody is still in his 20's so he has loads of time to get to that position..

gravesismizfan
08-25-2011, 12:59 PM
John Morrison
Dolph
Alex riley
Tyson kidd
Miz
Tyler reks and skip Sheffield as tag team
Zach ryder
Sheamus
Richie steamboat
Russian guy in fcw
Wade barrett
Heath slater
Justin
Cody
Ted

gravesismizfan
08-25-2011, 01:01 PM

I miss drew

VanHooliganX
08-25-2011, 01:01 PM
The next BIG thing hmm?
Matt Hardy if he stops eating his grapes :D (and mushrooms)

Probably The Miz, but I will say Christian. The potentials there, hes as good as Edge and a good veteren.

tshizzy34
08-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Yep, when you got Drew McIntyre jobbing out on FCW house shows, you know the end is most likely near for him. As far as Seth Rollins and Bo Rotundo go, they have a good chance especially Bo since Cena is a big fan of his said so on his twitter last week. Rollins has a great style to him and could definetly see him being an impact player in a few years.

I agree they both have shown promise, and if Cena likes him, chances are he might get a little extra push per say.

tshizzy34
08-25-2011, 03:12 PM
I miss drew

Yea he could have been something here, but looks like his time might soon be over.