PDA

View Full Version : the hype over Cm Punk turns out to be a joke but no one is having a laugh

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 07:02 PM
this guy got attention from all the different kinds of media and news and what happened? nothing. zero. zilch. the ratings havent changed at all. internet fans want to say that this is a guy that you can build a company around but the numbers dont lie Cm Punk is a total bust. no new era just more of the same. sad but true.

Tomsta666
08-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Don't be so quick to dismiss. This angle isn't over yet. Not by a long shot!!

Automatic
08-24-2011, 07:08 PM
I guess there was a rise in PPV buys.

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Don't be so quick to dismiss. This angle isn't over yet. Not by a long shot!!

but the media and news already lost interest because they were smart enough to reelize this wasnt a real revolution. no new fans are going to come in just because some dinosaurs are coming back for him to feud with dont kid yourself.

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 07:14 PM
i guess that there wasnt.

K2Jelly
08-24-2011, 07:28 PM
but the media and news already lost interest because they were smart enough to reelize this wasnt a real revolution. no new fans are going to come in just because some dinosaurs are coming back for him to feud with dont kid yourself.

The media GAINING interest is pretty friggin' significant, don'tcha think?

KingOrton
08-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Why cant the IWC be patient. you know good storylines and storylines like this they last years. Obviously its not the same week in week out but still similar. Chill out and give this whole thing on Raw till Survivor Series at least to judge.

LoGik
08-24-2011, 07:32 PM
yea this isnt over by a long shot..have you heard all the cm punk chants lately? i for one am happy for cm punk because he showed them that he can be a major player if they give him a shot. quit being so negative

TNA 'The very best'
08-24-2011, 07:34 PM
He's out of the title picture ok, so was SCSA most when he went against vince in the attitude era, punk is entering a big feud with HHH right now, he will be the biggest star in WWE for a long time, bigger than the title picture.

helmsley
08-24-2011, 07:40 PM
punk is the best, and best is yet to come

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 07:41 PM
The media GAINING interest is pretty friggin' significant, don'tcha think?

if that is significant then so is them losing interest dontcha think?

THE HEARTBREAK KID
like people are saying this angle is not over yet !! and in the wwe anything can happen.. but i would say just by people talking about what cm punk did/will do or what he will say next or is there a new " era " then surley that has changed things already dont you think ?.

thedominator92
this guy got attention from all the different kinds of media and news and what happened? nothing. zero. zilch. the ratings havent changed at all. internet fans want to say that this is a guy that you can build a company around but the numbers dont lie Cm Punk is a total bust. no new era just more of the same. sad but true.

Why so butt hurt?

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 07:43 PM

I got to agree with you i never buy'd into the hype when it came to Cm punk cause IMO his promos are not original they are just him reciting stuff the icw say all the time. And like i say 1 man can not save a company or issue in a new era it will take more than one guy. But only time can see what WWE does with all this attention they have got with the whole punk storyline and the rock coming in and out til WM

tshizzy34
08-24-2011, 07:45 PM
The whole corporation angle between HHH,PUNK,CENA,STEPHANIE,ACE,NASH,& ADR is far from over imo. I think we should be patient and if something doesn't come about by the year's end then I will say it's a total bust.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 07:45 PM
like people are saying this angle is not over yet !! and in the wwe anything can happen.. but i would say just by people talking about what cm punk did/will do or what he will say next or is there a new " era " then surley that has changed things already dont you think ?.

I think the point he was trying to make is everyone in the iwc was acting as if punk was god to wrestling comparing him to stone cold and all and when you compare all the hype to ratings they dont match up so i think the iwc needs to allow the storyline to play out before going crazy and praising punk so much.

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 07:47 PM
He's out of the title picture ok, so was SCSA most when he went against vince in the attitude era, punk is entering a big feud with HHH right now, he will be the biggest star in WWE for a long time, bigger than the title picture.

can you people not read? i didnt say he wasnt going to get bigger feuds i said he got a lot of media and news hype and it didnt bring any extra eyes to the product. how can internet nerds treat him as a savior when hes not saving anything? all that attention and nothing came from it because people dont care.

big whoop hes going to be the biggest star in a company thats bled half of its audience over the past decade. should we give him a cookie?

BloodStone612
08-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I got to agree with you i never buy'd

I stopped reading. If you sound like an 8 year old, you probably think like one.

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Why so butt hurt?

your negative reaction to my truth speaking means your butts hurt too so quit pointing fingers.

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 07:50 PM

nothings changed when its the same people that were already watching doing the talking so no youre wrong.

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 07:50 PM

if WWE would just die then we could just revel in how awesome UFC is amirite? but you know UFC sucks too. I'm so over it aswell. it was cool back when ice man and gracie were going but now I'm like meh.

I dunno you guys it seems like everything is getting less and less cool? Maybe I'm just becoming too awesome for everything...

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 07:51 PM
I stopped reading. If you sound like an 8 year old, you probably think like one.

Do i care? Nope and for your info dick im most likely older than you i just choose to write in short cuts unlike you this website is not my life i dont take it that serious.

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 07:52 PM
The whole corporation angle between HHH,PUNK,CENA,STEPHANIE,ACE,NASH,& ADR is far from over imo. I think we should be patient and if something doesn't come about by the year's end then I will say it's a total bust.

no one is patient with their praise and unecessary hype so why is there a double standard with those that are critical? lots of hipocrisy in here.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-24-2011, 07:53 PM
I think the point he was trying to make is everyone in the iwc was acting as if punk was god to wrestling comparing him to stone cold and all and when you compare all the hype to ratings they dont match up so i think the iwc needs to allow the storyline to play out before going crazy and praising punk so much.

right fair point.. they way i see it tho, even if nothing came off it and the angle died out.. at least i got too see a couple of really good matches and sumone actually beat superman cena and bring back a bit of humour too raw !! and people are praising punk because imo he is the best in the world rite now,

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 07:56 PM

i stopped reading. if you resort to being a grammer nazi it means you have nothing better to offer on the subject.

BloodStone612
Do i care? Nope and for your info dick im most likely older than you i just choose to write in short cuts unlike you this website is not my life i dont take it that serious.

You're saying that posting on this site IS my life, unlike you? Let's take a gander. I joined in December 2010. This is my 23rd post I think. YOU joined January 2011. You have 1,170 posts. I see your point....

Now about you thinking like an 8 year old.....

BackDaFoosleUp
dont feed the troll

johnnydropkicks
I was surprised that the .3 didn't hold out too but I think it has more to do with Nash than Punk. But even then Punk is still the best the WWE has in a while. This storyline if they do it right has a lot of potential.

helmsley
08-24-2011, 07:57 PM
http://dunderfelt.com/pics/Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 07:58 PM

he's not a troll though he's got a point. there should have been an increase. and there was a .3 but now the ratings are back.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 07:59 PM
right fair point.. they way i see it tho, even if nothing came off it and the angle died out.. at least i got too see a couple of really good matches and sumone actually beat superman cena and bring back a bit of humour too raw !! and people are praising punk because imo he is the best in the world rite now,

Your entitle to your own feelings and thoughts towards any wrestler. To me IWC is jumping on board with punk just cause they are so tired of cena and Orton i guess they will settle for anything and since punk is saying everything they say they just feel in love with him over night. Thats the truth and thats why im not a punk mark i think he is good but not the best.

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 07:59 PM
CM Punk is not going to be as big as being the face of the company or the man that's going to carry the company. Its sad but true.

good to see not everyone here is a blind follower.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-24-2011, 08:00 PM
nothings changed when its the same people that were already watching doing the talking so no youre wrong.

dude.. it got on ESPN ?. you cant tell me thats just a normal thing, listen yeh im not saying your wrong so why you would say i am wen clearly it's just a matter of opinion's is beyond me,

RTBShoc

yes because anyone who doesnt have the same opinion as you must be a troll. self involved much?

K2Jelly
Guys. He's not a troll. He's entitled to his own opinion like everyone else. You don't see him attacking anyone on here, do you?

BloodStone612
i stopped reading. if you resort to being a grammer nazi it means you have nothing better to offer on the subject.

Grammar (Which I think is what you were trying to say) would be if I commented on his punctuation or use of the wrong version of a word. I was simply being an Intelligence Nazi. Much like I am doing now. Damn. I guess I should stop that, eh?

As an offering to your thread, however, I must say that I find it funny how you are so quick to jump the gun on things. Let it play out and see how things go. If you're right after the complete angle is done or ruined, then come on and bash WWE.

But hey...you are your own man. Do as you please.

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Look at how Punk's shirts are selling. why cna't Punk be the guy? he's more cred than Orton and Cena put together.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
Your entitle to your own feelings and thoughts towards any wrestler. To me IWC is jumping on board with punk just cause they are so tired of cena and Orton i guess they will settle for anything and since punk is saying everything they say they just feel in love with him over night. Thats the truth and thats why im not a punk mark i think he is good but not the best.

thats a very fair point.. and i respect your opinion :)

helmsley
he's not a troll though he's got a point. there should have been an increase. and there was a .3 but now the ratings are back.

he is a troll, even though he has a point he is also bustin balls with what everybody else has to say (grammar) plus that you have a valid point doesnt make you any less of a troll, i can say cena cant wrestle and then just have fun with your replies

ihearvoices
CM Punk is not going to be as big as being the face of the company or the man that's going to carry the company. Its sad but true.

And the main reason for this never happen is 50% cause of punk's state of mind and 50% because vince has randy orton and miz as a back up policy if god forbid something would happen to cena.

helmsley
08-24-2011, 08:02 PM
This isn't an English class, this is a wrestling forum. Flaming others for their grammar is sort of childish don'y you think?

this.......

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 08:03 PM
dude.. it got on ESPN ?. you cant tell me thats just a normal thing, listen yeh im not saying your wrong so why you would say i am wen clearly it's just a matter of opinion's is beyond me,

no duh it was on ESPN i already said several times that it was picked up by all the media and news. what you seem to not be reading or maybe your ignoring is that those stories didnt interest people enough to check out the show to see what all of the hooplah is about. people dont care about Cm Punk. hes not Stone Cold and never will be.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Look at how Punk's shirts are selling. why cna't Punk be the guy? he's more cred than Orton and Cena put together.

Because punk is not media trained he will go on interviews and on tv and say anything and that is not always a good thing, while miz may be the closes thing to cena wwe has right now for the future. As far as orton goes he is a wild card sometimes he a real gamble

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 08:04 PM
I call it like I see it and people who say CM Punk is changing the wrestling business is a bit of an over-statement.

well that's just crap. Punk did change it. They're out there working with no writing and shooting half the time. That signing thing was a giant duel with him and Cena with HHH throwing stuff in. The fact that they're out there doing promos in the minute is huge.

Asherdelampyr
08-24-2011, 08:05 PM
The stories and such with Punk have been entertaining, but I can still see where the OP is coming from.
On the whole WWE has not gained much (if anything) in the way of PPV buys or rating increases since the whole thing started with Punk. They have sold out a lot of CM Punk merchandise, but that seems to be the extent of it. I would hazard a guess that a lot of the reason for this, in fact is that Punk's seemingly biggest fans (the so called IWC) are not overly concerned with watching Raw or smackdown on their respective channels (increasing ratings) Or actually purchasing the PPVs when they can easily be found free on-line.

Realistically, there is still time for Punk to make the splash everyone has already given him credit for, however the golden moment for that to happen would have been when the mainstream media was paying attention, which was about 2 weeks to a month ago. At this point it doesn't look like Punk will single-handedly double the WWE viewership, or bring them the success that Hulk Hogan, or SCSA did, though there is still time.

I think that at this point it will take more than any 1 man is capable of, in fact it always had. Hulk Hogan had Andre, Sgt Slaughter and others, SCSA had DX and "Mr McMahon", Punk has Triple H, and that's it. If they don't let the other guys that they have (JoMo, Ziggler, Shaemus, Miz, Mcintyre etc) get that same opportunity to shake things up, then IMHO this will be another failed experiment in the end. 1 man can only do so much to redirect a ship this large.

K2Jelly
08-24-2011, 08:06 PM
no duh it was on ESPN i already said several times that it was picked up by all the media and news. what you seem to not be reading or maybe your ignoring is that those stories didnt interest people enough to check out the show to see what all of the hooplah is about. people dont care about Cm Punk. hes not Stone Cold and never will be.

How do you know that? If people were actually interested in the shoot, wouldn't they have to have some kind of idea what the current state of pro wrstling is to deem in interesting.

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 08:07 PM

his shirts are selling to an audience that already exists. thats neat but it isnt bringing in new viewers which is what the WWE needs to be doing which is why i said hes not someone you can build a company around. Cm Punk is just good for keeping the status quo which is fine if youre happy with the way things are. im personally not because if the companys not growing then theyre not really working.

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 08:08 PM
How do you know that? If people were actually interested in the shoot, wouldn't they have to have some kind of idea what the current state of pro wrstling is to deem in interesting.

the ratings told me so thats how.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 08:10 PM
At the end of the day anyone who thought after MITB cm punk would be able to on a weekly basis be able to give raw attitude era type cable ratings is just pure stupid im sorry but its true. Now as far as what i thought would happen after MITB? i thought he would pull more ratings but it hasn't happen as much as i thought. But who's to say it wont happen im just saying punk cant do it alone as some of you on here was making it seem like he was a one man army going to save wrestling and bring it into the attitude era again, even tho most of you wont admit before you was asking that way it is true. So all i say don't praise punk yet he has just started he can still be replaceable at anytime it has happen before in WWE with other guys!

RTBShoc
Grammar (Which I think is what you were trying to say) would be if I commented on his punctuation or use of the wrong version of a word. I was simply being an Intelligence Nazi. Much like I am doing now. Damn. I guess I should stop that, eh?

As an offering to your thread, however, I must say that I find it funny how you are so quick to jump the gun on things. Let it play out and see how things go. If you're right after the complete angle is done or ruined, then come on and bash WWE.

But hey...you are your own man. Do as you please.

like i said you have nothing of value to offer. your just being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

Daniel Bryan

you have a point to a degree but i think wat has gone on with punk has actually given some fans hope like for me i was about to stop watching then punk had the promo and i knew i had to tune in next week and i refuse to miss an episode now but we will see where this goes in a month we could be back to the same old shit... but anything could happen since it is the WWE

BloodStone612
08-24-2011, 08:15 PM
like i said you have nothing of value to offer. your just being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

I agree that I was being a jerk. I just don't understand how it is so difficult to type properly. It isn't hard at all. Oh well. Some people are just lazy. I guess that is why the world is the way it is today. Everyone feels that it is perfectly fine to take shortcuts. Thus, the majority of people DO take shortcuts.

Anyways, I did offer something to the thread. Whether or not you agree with it is up to you. Unless you can predict the future. If that is the case, then I apologize and admit that I am wrong.

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 08:17 PM
I agree that I was being a jerk. I just don't understand how it is so difficult to type properly. It isn't hard at all. Oh well. Some people are just lazy. I guess that is why the world is the way it is today. Everyone feels that it is perfectly fine to take shortcuts. Thus, the majority of people DO take shortcuts.

Anyways, I did offer something to the thread. Whether or not you agree with it is up to you. Unless you can predict the future. If that is the case, then I apologize and admit that I am wrong.

so anyway.

but yeah I agree that nothing has changed yet. but like kiddson said it doesn't happen right away. I really think next WM will be the deciding time for WWE.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 08:18 PM
My main thing is people (Mainly IWC) act like punk just start a year or two ago they forget this guy is a multi time champ i think he is a 5x champ and what cena is a 9x champ for someone who is not consider a main eventer in his own eyes that big statement to only be 4 championship wins away from being tied to wwe poster boy. But than again alot of the IWC dont look at actual facts they look at what they see on tv and rumors they hear and just go crazy. This is something i have been saying day 1 i always consider punk a main eventer once you become a 3x champ you are a main eventer and when you going against the top guys in like every other ppv how can you not consider yourself a top main eventer.

BTW: Remember Attitude era was successful not because of stone cold and the rock and dx it was because from top to bottom the match card was good from CW div. to Women's div. to tagteam to mid card div. to the main event div. And it looks like WWE has plan on finally fixing up the rest of the Div. since now the main event div. is in better shape since losing so many main eventers over the past 5 years

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 08:18 PM

please hop on your education soapbox elsewhere professor. no one here is interested in your whining about unrelated things just because putting other people down makes you feel better about yourself.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
personally cm punk is the best in world rite now imo.. however i dont think he can change a whole " era " by himself , what he did was just show what could be done if people just didnt sit back and be jobbers , your saying stuff like he's no austin.. but before there would have been people saying austin is no hogan, im not saying cm punk will change the wwe i dont think he can.. there aint many hardcore fans who still watch it.. and the fans who watch it now are too used too what they see too want change but punk has giving hope of changes and didnt just sit back and get told what too do , which is why i like him..

Hannibal
08-24-2011, 08:22 PM
no one is patient with their praise and unecessary hype so why is there a double standard with those that are critical? lots of hipocrisy in here.

Correct me if I'm wrong; Punk has been there 6 years right? That hype is very well much deserved. I could understand if he was barely coming in to the WWE and people were like "HE'S CHANGING THE GAME! NOTHING IS GOING TO BE THE SAME ONCE HE DEBUTS!"; but it's not like that.
You're impatience is outstanding; this story just started and you're calling it a flop. Before you shoot it down; let it play out, then if it doesn't change shit tear it apart.

Russo swerve
08-24-2011, 08:23 PM
R truth for undisputed champ

BloodStone612
08-24-2011, 08:24 PM
please hop on your education soapbox elsewhere professor. no one here is interested in your whining about unrelated things just because putting other people down makes you feel better about yourself.

Anyways, wait and see what happens, Chief. This angle JUST started. I bet if the internet was around like it is today back when Stone Cold was "Stunning" Steve Austin, there would have been a guy just like you saying something very similar to what you are saying now.

So...I have a question for you. What is your ultimate purpose in this thread? Is it to bash WWE? Is it to laugh because WWE and the Wrestling industry itself didn't explode back to the popularity of what it was in 1998 after one month of an angle? Seriously. What are you trying to proclaim here, pal?

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 08:26 PM
R truth for undisputed champ

they puttin a giant spiderz on the next WWE title belt just so the TROOF can't have it!

Russo swerve
08-24-2011, 08:29 PM
they puttin a giant spiderz on the next WWE title belt just so the TROOF can't have it!

Its all part of the conspiracy.

AOF666
08-24-2011, 08:31 PM
The way I see it, is WWE had something good going into MIIB, and even the ending of it. The next night on Raw, they completely botched everything. They rushed just to give John Cena the title again. They rushed Punk back into the WWE. So everything Punk all the way to MIIB and at the MIIB was basically for nothing. WWE quickly went back to what is comfortable instead of taking chances. So Punk's impact was hit by a brick wall.

Personally right now, I'm disappointed with him. He wants to cross the line, which I'm fine with, but he is lacking the action part. Monday night, he should left HHH laying in the middle of that ring along with Nash. Punk is all talk but no action type guy right now. He is being compared to SCSA, which is not a bad thing, but if that SCSA, he would of left them laying in the middle of that ring. At SS Axxis, Punk said he doesn't care if he gets fired, and he had a chance to prove that Monday, and he blew it.

PandaMassacre
08-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Everyone saw the results an decided not to watch it because John Cena won over CM Punk. It happens sadly. That is why spoilers are bad!

Krysys
08-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Ok this is for those who keep going on and on about ratings and ppv buys.
First off, this isn't the 80's or 90's, this 2011, everything is online so no one has to watch raw live or buy ppvs all someone has to do is go online and stream or wait for somebody to post it to youtube. Ratings will never be what they once were, so your point is not valid, sorry its the truth.

Asherdelampyr
08-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Anyways, wait and see what happens, Chief. This angle JUST started. I bet if the internet was around like it is today back when Stone Cold was "Stunning" Steve Austin, there would have been a guy just like you saying something very similar to what you are saying now.

So...I have a question for you. What is your ultimate purpose in this thread? Is it to bash WWE? Is it to laugh because WWE and the Wrestling industry itself didn't explode back to the popularity of what it was in 1998 after one month of an angle? Seriously. What are you trying to proclaim here, pal?

It kinda seems like his "ultimate purpose" is to have a conversation with people about whether or not CM Punk is a bit overrated, I realize it may be difficult to separate that idea from the idea that you seem to have that he is just trying to bash WWE (Which I cannot for the life of me find out where you got that impression) but it seems that, just like every other thread started, this one is to get both sides of an issue, or conversely to get his viewpoint out that he feels that all that mainstream media attention that Punk has received has so far come to naught.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
08-24-2011, 08:35 PM
I do think hes the best in the world right now and you are right, Punk has really made wrestling entertaining but the fact is, hes not going to be bigger then what the IWC expects him to be.

we will just have too see what happens , i respect what you are saying tho :) and glad you agreed with what i said ,

Asherdelampyr
08-24-2011, 08:36 PM
First off, this isn't the 80's or 90's, this 2011, everything is online so no one has to watch raw live or buy ppvs all someone has to do is go online and stream or wait for somebody to post it to youtube. Ratings will never be what they once were, so your point is not valid, sorry its the truth.

I agree and think that is a very large part of the problem. the WWE at heart is a business, if all of this effort is seemingly giving them the exact same payoff as the Cena/Orton show, what is the point of working harder? If you want a business to change you have to vote, using your money, to affect that change. If you are not willing to pay when they do what you want, why should they (as a business) keep doing what you want? Especially when there is a risk of losing the money that they are already making from all of those children and their parents?

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 08:38 PM

Sorry but your wrong ratings may not be the same as the 80's or 90's but that doesn't mean ratings don't matter. Who's to say WWE doesnt have different way at looking at what is a successful night for ratings and what is a failure. I doubt they are comparing their ratings they had back in the 90's and 80's to today. I think it well understood that ratings will never be that high again i think i actually stated that before on here.

Iron Ape
08-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Is there a consensus on the appropriate amount of time one must wait before expressing the sentiment that they think something's not working? The OP's bulb might not be of the highest wattage, but a couple of the things he's saying seem to be rather reasonable. I mean, I don't think it's all gloom and doom in regards to Punk, but the dividends paid on that monstrous post-shoot media blitz have to be at least somewhat disappointing.

PandaMassacre
08-24-2011, 08:41 PM
lol..

CM Punk rocks. What more can you ask for? As long as he gets mic time then he will be an unstoppable force. The WWE knows that if CM Punk gets screwed over in any obvious way that Punk has the skills to bury the company. A lot of viewers believe it or not would stop watching Raw or the WWE product for a brief or prolonged amount of time.

ihearvoices
Funny, because people were going on about how CM Punk is changing the wrestling business and how hes bringing the hardcore fans and new fans back to watching WWE when nothing has been done. Well, CM Punk hasn't done that. I understand that the ratings are the same but when it lowers down? Not a good thing.

Thank you

It kinda seems like his "ultimate purpose" is to have a conversation with people about whether or not CM Punk is a bit overrated, I realize it may be difficult to separate that idea from the idea that you seem to have that he is just trying to bash WWE (Which I cannot for the life of me find out where you got that impression) but it seems that, just like every other thread started, this one is to get both sides of an issue, or conversely to get his viewpoint out that he feels that all that mainstream media attention that Punk has received has so far come to naught.

& thank you. You both are actually thinking logically and putting to the side you like punks work if only most of the members on this site could do this when discussing a topic.

Iron Ape
Agreed Ape.
WWTNA? You got a new account? Sweet. Dubs suits you much better.

PandaMassacre
08-24-2011, 08:43 PM
WWTNA? You got a new account? Sweet. Dubs suits you much better.

That is what I said. Haha.

Asherdelampyr
08-24-2011, 08:45 PM
& thank you. You both are actually thinking logically and putting to the side you like punks work if only most of the members on this site could do this when discussing a topic.

your welcome?
I like Punk, I think that he's a really talented guy, just as I said before (on like page 6 or something, this thread moves too fast for my old-man brain) it takes more than just one man to really affect a change, no matter how talented that man may or may not be.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 08:45 PM
lol..

CM Punk rocks. What more can you ask for? As long as he gets mic time then he will be an unstoppable force. The WWE knows that if CM Punk gets screwed over in any obvious way that Punk has the skills to bury the company. A lot of viewers believe it or not would stop watching Raw or the WWE product for a brief or prolonged amount of time.

Im sorry but i have to strongly disagree if punk was to be fired tomorrow WWE will go on and be successful as it has been before him, punk does not pull any serious weight and i think ratings have shown that. He is like jeff hardy(he sells a shit load of merch. very over with the fans) but when he leaves wwe he doesnt bring much of a fan base to the next company atleast not enough to hurt wwe in anyone. The only person that if they left wwe tomorrow would be in any position to hurt wwe would be Cena not even Randy Orton can do that.

Iron Ape
08-24-2011, 08:47 PM
That is what I said. Haha.
Great minds and all of that. ;)

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't see why you didn't just get it hcanged.

PandaMassacre
08-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Im sorry but i have to strongly disagree if punk was to be fired tomorrow WWE will go on and be successful as it has been before him, punk does not pull any serious weight and i think ratings have shown that. He is like jeff hardy(he sells a shit load of merch. very over with the fans) but when he leaves wwe he doesnt bring much of a fan base to the next company atleast not enough to hurt wwe in anyone. The only person that if they left wwe tomorrow would be in any position to hurt wwe would be Cena not even Randy Orton can do that.

But a lot of viewers would stop tuning in. You underestimate how many CM Punk die hards actually watch the product right now because of him. My uncle who has hated the WWE for the last 4 years started watching it again an he is only one of those people. CM Punk whether you want to admit it or not would impact percentages of the WWE viewership. John Cena would do the same an so would Randy Orton. They all please a certain age group. As long as they are there... So are their fan base.

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 08:51 PM
But a lot of viewers would stop tuning in. You underestimate how many CM Punk die hards actually watch the product right now because of him. My uncle who has hated the WWE for the last 4 years started watching it again an he is only one of those people. CM Punk whether you want to admit it or not would impact percentages of the WWE viewership. John Cena would do the same an so would Randy Orton. They all please a certain age group. As long as they are there... So are their fan base.

where are they? that .3 should of hung around if people really had tuned in for punk.

K2Jelly
08-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I should make a new one too. I originally made K2Jelly to have troll wars with IPITS.

PandaMassacre
08-24-2011, 08:53 PM
I should make a new one too. I originally made K2Jelly to have troll wars with IPITS.

You are that guy I once called KYJelly by accident on numerous occasions!

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 08:53 PM
You can't. You have to make a new account in order to do it.

you can. seeing as how you're a heavy-activity memebr and run a fed which helps retain other high activity members I doubt Frank would have minded doing it for you.

K2Jelly
08-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Damn, I should have thought about that. lol

Too late now. :P

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 08:58 PM

You have a point but i think Cm punk die hard fans are mostly for the IWC and lets be honest most people from the IWC stream Raw and PPV's they dont not pay for anything maybe just RR, SummerSlam or WM but thats about it. His die hard fans are males 18 and over so again i doubt if he was to leave it would have a big impact on ratings maybe the first week or month but wwe would be right back to their regular ratings the following month. If punk was able to bring the ratings up by like 3 or 2 points then i would i agree with you but he hasn't.

PandaMassacre
08-24-2011, 08:58 PM
where are they? that .3 should of hung around if people really had tuned in for punk.

Punk lost remember? That would turn away a few viewers. I know a few people in real life that rage every time Cena gets a win over somebody. May have been them? xD Who knows.. You win some, you lose some. This does not necessarily mean that the WWE will pull the plug on the over the top CM Punk that we have right now. We still have Chris Jericho, C4, and a dozen other things to look forward to.

PandaMassacre
08-24-2011, 09:04 PM
You have a point but i think Cm punk die hard fans are mostly for the IWC and lets be honest most people from the IWC stream Raw and PPV's they dont not pay for anything maybe just RR, SummerSlam or WM but thats about it. His die hard fans are males 18 and over so again i doubt if he was to leave it would have a big impact on ratings maybe the first week or month but wwe would be right back to their regular ratings the following month. If punk was able to bring the ratings up by like 3 or 2 points then i would i agree with you but he hasn't.

Exactly! Now I understand what you meant by that, and I completely agree with you. I totally forgot that a lot of the people here run streams (Hey SG!). I think that could be a huge part of the problem. But not only that, but with how busy people are these days there is a slight chance that one half of those millions of viewers are using the almighty DVR.

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Punk lost remember? That would turn away a few viewers. I know a few people in real life that rage every time Cena gets a win over somebody. May have been them? xD Who knows.. You win some, you lose some. This does not necessarily mean that the WWE will pull the plug on the over the top CM Punk that we have right now. We still have Chris Jericho, C4, and a dozen other things to look forward to.

good point. and I'm not saying they should change anything at all. This is still the best they have. no doubt.. I definitely think there is loads of potential here what with Vince and Stephanie and HHH and Nash and maybe Michaels and Bret and Rock and Austin and Jericho and everybody.

It could be like Cena vs. Punk vs. Del Rio and HHH and the Kliq and Stephanie torn between her father and Bret and HHH and there's a lot of things they could do.

luisalexander70
08-24-2011, 09:06 PM
ratings will be worsed MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL HAS BEGUN and i prefer that than the whole raw show

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Exactly! Now I understand what you meant by that, and I completely agree with you. I totally forgot that a lot of the people here run streams (Hey SG!). I think that could be a huge part of the problem. But not only that, but with how busy people are these days there is a slight chance that one half of those millions of viewers are using the almighty DVR.

I really think people should stop taling about streams. that's one thing that pisses me off. if you want a stream then go get a stream but people shouldn't be talking about it because it hurts WWE.

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 09:09 PM
ratings will be worsed MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL HAS BEGUN and i prefer that than the whole raw show

handegg monday night.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 09:10 PM

Yep sometimes the IWC dont know when they are actually doing more damage than being helpful. If at MITB and then after that up to Summerslam they would of watched raw on tv and paid for the PPV then Vince would of say $$ and would of said this is the way to go cause the ratings jumped high. But that fact alot of people are streaming its impossible for WWE to know what people are interested and not interested as far as the 18 and over fans which are cm punk biggest supports. So if you want to see more Cm punk in the main event and the title surrounding him than everyone knows what they have to do. So the question is not if change will happen its if the IWC is will to dig into their pockets to support a guy who they believe can be the front runner for change. Cause Vince only cares about money and if it aint making him money he wont bother with it.

PandaMassacre
08-24-2011, 09:11 PM
I really think people should stop taling about streams. that's one thing that pisses me off. if you want a stream then go get a stream but people shouldn't be talking about it because it hurts WWE.

What? I never asked for a stream. I always watch everything on my television. It is just that not everybody has the ability to watch it on television or for some other reason. I do not hate the people who stream because of that. I mean it is reasonable. But if you have a television then surely you would watch it, right? You would have no reason to stream.. Period.

luisalexander70
08-24-2011, 09:15 PM
and calling him a bust is like calling peyton manning a bust hes rookie season because he had 28 INT

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 09:17 PM
What? I never asked for a stream. I always watch everything on my television. It is just that not everybody has the ability to watch it on television or for some other reason. I do not hate the people who stream because of that. I mean it is reasonable. But if you have a television then surely you would watch it, right? You would have no reason to stream.. Period.

I am guilty of streaming Raw and PPV and i only buy WM and the only reason is because its not worth my money to spend on. That's the main Reason i try not to get upset or bitch or moan about the product because in reality im not paying for anything im getting it all for free so who am i to complain. Now when i pay for WM and something dumb happen then i go ape shit :cool:

Brewer 314
08-24-2011, 09:20 PM

Red: Incomplete sentence
Blue: Punctuation error
Green: Multiple errors.

I hope my English lesson was enlightening because your post sure wasn't.

There's a difference between periods and commas but keep at it, I'm sure you'll pass 3rd grade one day, partner!

zapphoman
08-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Everyone saw the results an decided not to watch it because John Cena won over CM Punk. It happens sadly. That is why spoilers are bad!

Truer words have never been spoken!

PandaMassacre
08-24-2011, 09:21 PM
I am guilty of streaming Raw and PPV and i only buy WM and the only reason is because its not worth my money to spend on. That's the main Reason i try not to get upset or bitch or moan about the product because in reality im not paying for anything im getting it all for free so who am i to complain. Now when i pay for WM and something dumb happen then i go ape shit :cool:

Oh gosh.. I almost bought the last WM an it blew big time. I am glad I decided not to get it. The last ppv I bought was Suvivor Series 2003 which was the last appearance of 'Taker as a biker. Out of all of this.. I regret not buying this years MITB ppv. The crowd was very electrifying an in favor of the right Wrestlers through out the entire show. It was definitely the most defining moment in CM Punks career.

PandaMassacre
08-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Truer words have never been spoken!

An yet I always feel urged to read them when I see them posted up on the main page. I am a spoiler addict that needs to do some serious recovering.

CobraNightviper
08-24-2011, 09:29 PM
That's what Iv'e been saying since he returned(Punk)he's good but it's clearly too early to tell if he's the best rember Brett Hart's slogan compared to other wrestlers now he didn't live up to it.

CobraNightviper
08-24-2011, 09:30 PM
I too am guilty of that and I apoligize.
You are that guy I once called KYJelly by accident on numerous occasions!

zapphoman
08-24-2011, 09:32 PM
An yet I always feel urged to read them when I see them posted up on the main page. I am a spoiler addict that needs to do some serious recovering.

(In Rob Schnider voice) YOU CAN DO IT, PANDA!!!

Back on subject, I am really enjoying CM Punk right now. That comment he made Monday about Triple H and Stephanies purse was pure win. I couldn't stop(edit post) laughing for like ten minutes after that. I know if they were to get rid of CM Punk or push him off of the momentum he has right now, I would lose alot of respect for the WWE and probably have a hard time finding a reason to watch Raw(in which would suck because Smackdown hasn't been all that great as of late.)

Los Conquistador
08-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Oh gosh.. I almost bought the last WM an it blew big time. I am glad I decided not to get it. The last ppv I bought was Suvivor Series 2003 which was the last appearance of 'Taker as a biker. Out of all of this.. I regret not buying this years MITB ppv. The crowd was very electrifying an in favor of the right Wrestlers through out the entire show. It was definitely the most defining moment in CM Punks career.

Yeah mitb was fantastic
Too bad they couldn't really keep the momentum flowing enough

But on topic its still too early to say punk did nothing
The storyline never really had anything to do about him being champion
But how the establishment held him back
He broke the rules
So did they
Now punk is fighting the establishment head on
No title or cena needed as this is a solid enough storyline as it is
And will increase hardship steadily based on how well the wwe execute it

Anyone know what I'm getting at?

Rassling_Fan
08-24-2011, 09:35 PM
I do have to say this is a wait and see situation. Stonecold wasn't making the ratings higher until a year since his rise to popularity (Starting in June 1996). And months after the original news caught the story of Tyson and Austin feuding (March 1997). (Source (http://100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwfraw.htm))

Rome wasn't build in a day and Austin wasn't ratings gold in a month.

CobraNightviper
08-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Aw Panda I have several t.v's but I stream from my p.c to my tv to watch free wrestling streams but I only do it for a few reasons#1 wrestling is not worth the ppv prices,#2 I still like wrestling but not as much as I use to all my favorites are retired or gone I think I only watch wrestling because Iv'e been watching it since I was a kid#3 It's free please don't hate me I'm a bad little Jimmy.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 09:42 PM

Yeah WM was a waste of money outside of it being Edge last match i was happy i got to see that on ppv atleast. WM left a bitter taste in my mouth so i decide to not buy MITB or Summerslam.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 09:43 PM
That's what Iv'e been saying since he returned(Punk)he's good but it's clearly too early to tell if he's the best rember Brett Hart's slogan compared to other wrestlers now he didn't live up to it.

So true the only thing bret says that still makes his slogan true to this day is he never hurt a guy in the ring which is not something to be proud of its his job not to hurt anyone. At the end of the day he did not live up to the that slogan he gave himself and only time will tell if history will repeat itself with punk or not.

CobraNightviper
08-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Me too DAMN INTERNET!!!

CobraNightviper
08-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Exactly I'm glad someone agree's with me.
So true the only thing bret says that still makes his slogan true to this day is he never hurt a guy in the ring which is not something to be proud of its his job not to hurt anyone. At the end of the day he did not live up to the that slogan he gave himself and only time will tell if history will repeat itself with punk or not.

RTBShoc
08-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Red: Incomplete sentence
Blue: Punctuation error
Green: Multiple errors.

I hope my English lesson was enlightening because your post sure wasn't.

There's a difference between periods and commas but keep at it, I'm sure you'll pass 3rd grade one day, partner!

some other sad nerd already pulled this crap a couple of pages back so your late to the party. and i will tell you the same thing i told him. this is the tactics of someone who has nothing of value to add to the conversation. so congratulation on trying to make your own pathetic life seem better at the expense of someone else. youre a real winner.

man my friend really was right about this place.

GR81
08-24-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't care what the ratings and buy rates say. My interest in the product has gone up significantly because of CM Punk.

Rassling_Fan
08-24-2011, 09:56 PM
So true the only thing bret says that still makes his slogan true to this day is he never hurt a guy in the ring which is not something to be proud of its his job not to hurt anyone.

That doesn't stop others from hurting others, purposely or not.

You can't really compare the two because Stone Cold was waiting for his time to become a WWE Champ through 1996 all the way through 1998. If WWE would have put the WWE title on Stone Cold at any given time, he still would have been a big player. It was obvious that the fans wanted somebody like Stone Cold and the ratings proved it. CM Punk already became a World Champ even before his Best in the World gimmick and it was obvious that he wasn't going to be the posterboy for the WWE. CM Punk is the Chris Jericho of our generation.

You're missing my comparison. Stonecold had Media attention in 97 because of his thing with Tyson. Despite that, ratings were still in the same range before and after that. It took months for the ratings to be built. If we used the original poster's logic, that would be saying Stonecold was just hype because his media attention didn't build up the ratings.

CobraNightviper
08-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Yep I rember the monday night wars they made Monday wrestling night at my house good times,good times.

RagingBallsFTW
08-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Wait until the storyline ends till you judge it. Just because Punk isn't the WWE champion or going to have a title match at the next PPV right now doesn't mean the WWE blew it. Plus, media loves to talk about things for like a day before going to the next "hot" story. Sometimes, they put some stupid news, like when that average NBA player married the chick who got famous for doing what porn stars do, suck and take. :cool:

CobraNightviper
08-24-2011, 10:08 PM
I just think new talent has to have a chance but comparing them to legends is unfair because the legends career is over(or should be anyway)and we havn't seen how Punk's time has ended yet and yes I know Punk isn't new but compared to other wwe legends he is.

Enforcer23
08-24-2011, 10:08 PM

i think thats a bit harsh this angle thier working on isint over and everytime he touches the mic its pure gold be patient

dres1214
08-24-2011, 10:10 PM
some other sad nerd already pulled this crap a couple of pages back so your late to the party. and i will tell you the same thing i told him. this is the tactics of someone who has nothing of value to add to the conversation. so congratulation on trying to make your own pathetic life seem better at the expense of someone else. youre a real winner.

It's not that bad, you get a few people who like to push you to the edge. Don't let it get to you. I always just sit back and enjoy the thread wars.
But on topic, I don't think CM Punk is to blame for anything, I think as some of you stated WWE brought back CM Punk to fast. This storyline isn't over yet. But I will say that this storyline is one of the best one's in a long time.

FaceOfSpades
08-24-2011, 10:10 PM

It used to be worse I remember someone was upset I was using slang. On topic cm punk is that shit whether ratings go up or not. Ratings will probably never reach what they once were, but what you see in front of you is not where the money's at. Its just like rap. Rappers sell 40,000 records first week now, but the money is in shows and tours. Wwe's money is in merch and ticket sales, ppv's, wwe on demand, dvd's, and such. Cm punk can lead the company because wwe is not what it was, standards are low, the bar needs to be raised. Punk can raise that bar given the opportunity.
Preach!

tshizzy34
08-24-2011, 10:25 PM
For god sakes can any fucken thread on this site not involve people acting like little school girl teenagers? Seriously why is it that people can't just enjoy this forum for what it is meant to be intended for, people from all around the world sharing their thoughts and opinions about wrestling without having to divert it into a damn argument that spans 14 fucken pages. My god everyone has their own opinions, and if you don't like what they have to say, is it that hard to simply reply back with your opinion without having to feel the urge to insult somebody in the process? What the hell makes anyone a god to insult someone based simply on their opinion, when you yourself are doing the same exact thing. Now I might not agree with what someone said, but I would just comment back my opinion without having to insult someone's integrity, or insight, it's just not necessary.

People on here that continue with this crap, are going to make this site close down due to too much defamation and then everyone involved will really have something to bitch about. Hate me if you want for speaking the truth, but seriously people grow up and act your ages rather than argue with ppl about petty bs, enough is enough don't ya think!

el gabo
08-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I agree with you to a certain degree but I still don't agree with some points. Ratings back then were higher then it is now so that's irrelevant. Even if it was the same, it still managed to stay the same, not to mention the fact that they were going up against WCW. That isn't the case with Raw recently. They are actually losing ratings which isn't CM Punk's fault because he is far from being a bust but he isn't going to be a top draw in the WWE. That's all i'm trying to say.

You can't compare ratings from the 90's with ratings now. There is a significant larger amount of channels without mentioning the internet which makes it a lot tougher to ratings. I can't say the quality of the product up until a couple of months ago was shitty and does have something to do with the ratings drop but to expect an 8 point rating these days is just beyond idiotic.

Regarding the main topic, I don't think Punk is a bust. Yeah he isn't Stone Cold, but hell who can fill his shoes? The closest anybody can to that was the Rock. Punk has HELPED revive wrestling in WWE. Before the Summer of Punk, there wasn't a match on RAW that lasted more than 5 minutes. Now, there is actually Goddamn wrestling on RAW! We can thank him and probably Triple H for that.

johnnydropkicks
08-24-2011, 10:28 PM
For god sakes can any fucken thread on this site not involve people acting like little school girl teenagers? Seriously why is it that people can't just enjoy this forum for what it is meant to be intended for, people from all around the world sharing their thoughts and opinions about wrestling without having to divert it into a damn argument that spans 14 fucken pages. My god everyone has their own opinions, and if you don't like what they have to say, is it that hard to simply reply back with your opinion without having to feel the urge to insult somebody in the process? What the hell makes anyone a god to insult someone based simply on their opinion, when you yourself are doing the same exact thing. Now I might not agree with what someone said, but I would just comment back my opinion without having to insult someone's integrity, or insight, it's just not necessary.

People on here that continue with this crap, are going to make this site close down due to too much defamation and then everyone involved will really have something to bitch about. Hate me if you want for speaking the truth, but seriously people grow up and act your ages rather than argue with ppl about petty bs, enough is enough don't ya think!

it's been mostly discussion here..

Enforcer23
08-24-2011, 10:34 PM
RTBShoc is ganna get banned YAY

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 10:40 PM
You're missing the point to be honest. I'm not making a comparison between the 90's and now because I know the business won't be the same like it was back then. If anything, you should tell the people who are comparing CM Punk to Austin the same thing you're telling me. I was simply telling my reasons why CM Punk won't be a top draw and even though Punk is WWE's top star these days, the ratings are lower then its ever been which means CM Punk hasn't changed the wrestling business like people are claiming. Using internet as an excuse is pretty false. Its either you watch wrestling or you don't. No internet dirtsheet site has to play a part in watching wrestling.

I agree i believe it was only used just to bring back old fans which seem to have not worked based on the numbers

Bralon23
08-24-2011, 10:41 PM
I do have to say this is a wait and see situation. Stonecold wasn't making the ratings higher until a year since his rise to popularity (Starting in June 1996). And months after the original news caught the story of Tyson and Austin feuding (March 1997). (Source (http://100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwfraw.htm))

Rome wasn't build in a day and Austin wasn't ratings gold in a month.

Thank you. Nothing else needs to even be said.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 10:45 PM
What people are forgetting Stone cold did not issue out a era on his own and anyone who makes that claim really needs to go to wwe on demand and rematch the start of the attitude era. Stone Cold had DX, Taker, Rock, and mid cards/tagteam was bring it too. Even if punk was as great as people make him out to be he can not fix every div. the only way ratings will go up is if the overall product is good that means mid card matches, tag team matches and diva matches with the main event matches. All storylines being interested. No offense not trying to be a jerk or nothing.

el gabo
08-24-2011, 10:55 PM
You're missing the point to be honest. I'm not making a comparison between the 90's and now because I know the business won't be the same like it was back then. If anything, you should tell the people who are comparing CM Punk to Austin the same thing you're telling me. I was simply telling my reasons why CM Punk won't be a top draw and even though Punk is WWE's top star these days, the ratings are lower then its ever been which means CM Punk hasn't changed the wrestling business like people are claiming. Using internet as an excuse is pretty false. Its either you watch wrestling or you don't. No internet dirtsheet site has to play a part in watching wrestling.

Actually I meant the internet provided another array of activities and interests that take away from wrestling and TV in general. I think it's way too early to say he has completely changed the industry, but you have to admit he has something to do with the increase in actual wrestling on TV and I don't only take into consideration his matches with Cena but matches in general have lasted longer or so it seems to me. I can say I don't like the direction they're going with him if it does actually lead to a match with Nash, that's just the same shit TNA did. Let's see if Punk can make something good out of this.

Bralon23
08-24-2011, 10:56 PM

I kind of feel like you're being negative just to be negative. You didn't comprehend El Gabo's argument at all. How do internet streams and a broader selection of channels not play a part in the ratings? Someone else mentioned that Monday Night Football just came back and coming off the lockout this is probably going to be the biggest season for their ratings this year that they've ever had. And that's saying a lot seeing as last year was the top year for NFL ratings that the league has ever had. I've been reading the site and I haven't seen where the WWE ratings are the lowest they've ever been. A couple of weeks ago this site reported that the WWE had the highest ratings that they've had in months. I just don't understand why you guys expect the ratings to shoot through the roof within the span of like a month. The storyline is just picking up. Stop being so negative all the time. Good things are finally starting to happen in WWE after a huge letdown in the product over the last few years.

el gabo
08-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Agreed. The internet may have spoiled the business of wrestling but it doesn't play a huge part in the numbers not being high.

In my case it does. I almost never miss RAW but, I work on Friday nights so I have to Youtube Smackdown. I think there are many others with my same situation so you can't say it hasn't affected the numbers completely.

Bralon23
08-24-2011, 11:02 PM
In my case it does. I almost never miss RAW but, I work on Friday nights so I have to Youtube Smackdown. I think there are many others with my same situation so you can't say it hasn't affected the numbers completely.

Yeah same here. If I'm not working on Friday nights, I'm getting ready to go out somewhere. I think there are a lot of people that don't get the chance to see SmackDown on the day that it airs, which is why I didn't think they should've switched it from Thursday nights.

Bralon23
08-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Agreed, which is why I say Punk is awesome in every way but I wouldn't say hes changing the wrestling business like some are saying. I just feel like the IWC is making too much of a deal about Punk, tagging himself as the Best in the World(hes not even the best in America to be the best in the world by the way) but its really great to see CM Punk being in the main event and being used to his full potential.

He's steering it in the right direction. He's providing a breath of fresh air that may lead us away from the Cena era. He's pioneering a new revolution in wrestling that's only just begun. Again, it takes time for this all to happen, but you can see the beginning of something different.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 11:08 PM
He's steering it in the right direction. He's providing a breath of fresh air that may lead us away from the Cena era. He's pioneering a new revolution in wrestling that's only just begun. Again, it takes time for this all to happen, but you can see the beginning of something different.

And this is the big Issue, Punk is good dont get me wrong but he does not hold a candle to John cena when it comes to fans. So the fact your saying leading us away from a cena era yeah right over vince dead body. Cena is the total package when you compare all across the board. Punk doesnt have what it takes to be the poster boy of the WWE and thats the truth and the main reason is because his state of mind. IMO like i said before punk reminds me just like randy orton both jerks and could never represent wwe the way a guy like miz or cena can.

Bralon23
08-24-2011, 11:11 PM
It hasn't though. Most people have other reasons of not watching wrestling anymore so spoilers aren't effecting the wrestling business by that much. Spoilers are just there and people have a choice to read them or not.

Where did he mention spoilers? You're not comprehending the argument. He's saying that people aren't that inclined to watch it when it airs because they either have something to do during that time slot, or for others they know they can find it up on the internet at any time, so there's no urgency or no commitment to catching it when it airs. The internet is providing an alternative solution in a variety of different ways. Not just through spoilers, but adding another option to view the program.

Bralon23
08-24-2011, 11:14 PM
And this is the big Issue, Punk is good dont get me wrong but he does not hold a candle to John cena when it comes to fans. So the fact your saying leading us away from a cena era yeah right over vince dead body. Cena is the total package when you compare all across the board. Punk doesnt have what it takes to be the poster boy of the WWE and thats the truth and the main reason is because his state of mind. IMO like i said before punk reminds me just like randy orton both jerks and could never represent wwe the way a guy like miz or cena can.

How do you know he won't do this? He's just now getting the superstar push that Orton and Cena have been getting for years. It just happened a couple of months ago for him. Who would've thought that a country redneck from Texas who downed beers and hurled middle fingers and foul language would become the face of the company? If you asked Vince during the Hogan era if the guy I just described would be the figurehead of his company during the next decade I know his answer would've been no. All I'm saying is give this time.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Where did he mention spoilers? You're not comprehending the argument. He's saying that people aren't that inclined to watch it when it airs because they either have something to do during that time slot, or for others they know they can find it up on the internet at any time, so there's no urgency or no commitment to catching it when it airs. The internet is providing an alternative solution in a variety of different ways. Not just through spoilers, but adding another option to view the program.

Regardless of all of that if punk was the "Savior of wrestling" this would not be such a big issue but the truth is no matter how good the product is people will see go for free than pay. As far as your punk is changing wrestling comment thats untrue cause if so his actions would effect TNA and also ROH and i dont think what he is doing is that mind blowing to effect TNA or ROH or any wrestling company at that. Maybe a few guys will look at it and get ideas or step up their game but nothing that big as people are making it out to be as Dubs has stated many times on here.

el gabo
08-24-2011, 11:16 PM

You're getting me man. I don't miss RAW because of the damn spoilers. SD is a lot more difficult though.

Bralon23
08-24-2011, 11:18 PM
There is DVR. Spoilers isn't really that much of an option.

That's what we were saying. That's why I asked where you got spoilers from.

el gabo
08-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Regardless of all of that if punk was the "Savior of wrestling" this would not be such a big issue but the truth is no matter how good the product is people will see go for free than pay. As far as your punk is changing wrestling comment thats untrue cause if so his actions would effect TNA and also ROH and i dont think what he is doing is that mind blowing to effect TNA or ROH or any wrestling company at that. Maybe a few guys will look at it and get ideas or step up their game but nothing that big as people are making it out to be as Dubs has stated many times on here.

I think he could have a bigger effect if were not for Nash right now. At least in my opinion, it has turned me off a bit to the story although I'm not giving up on it completely I still think they could of stretched out the Cena feud a lot longer specially after bringing out the best in him. Let's jus see where this goes.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 11:21 PM
How do you know he won't do this? He's just now getting the superstar push that Orton and Cena have been getting for years. It just happened a couple of months ago for him. Who would've thought that a country redneck from Texas who downed beers and hurled middle fingers and foul language would become the face of the company? If you asked Vince during the Hogan era if the guy I just described would be the figurehead of his company during the next decade I know his answer would've been no. All I'm saying is give this time.

Yeah but stone cold dont carry himself outside of the ring that way. While Cm punk will go on interviews and say whatever he wants. Like in a recent interview he disrespected the miz he made a comment i cant remember it was something about how he does interviews saying he was fake or some crap. Really like thats how the face of the company is going to be? I mean really can you picture punk doing half the stuff cena does i high doubt it cause punk state of mind is not built for stuff like that. in real like he is a straight forward person who is a jerk. Same goes for Orton only difference Orton has his moments

IrkenInvader

Maybe you should learn how to read sarcasm. It's the Internet's preferred language.

el gabo
There is DVR. Spoilers isn't really that much of an option.

Don't really watch too much TV so DVR really isn't worth it for me.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 11:26 PM
I think he could have a bigger effect if were not for Nash right now. At least in my opinion, it has turned me off a bit to the story although I'm not giving up on it completely I still think they could of stretched out the Cena feud a lot longer specially after bringing out the best in him. Let's jus see where this goes.

I disagree who is there left for punk to feud with Cena? been there done that, ADR? i really dont think that would do much for punk, HHH? too soon so who is there left for him to feud with only Miz & basically R-truth and im sorry but i dont see either feud being interesting. The best thing happen a feud with Nash

el gabo
08-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Yeah but stone cold dont carry himself outside of the ring that way. While Cm punk will go on interviews and say whatever he wants. Like in a recent interview he disrespected the miz he made a comment i cant remember it was something about how he does interviews saying he was fake or some crap. Really like thats how the face of the company is going to be? I mean really can you picture punk doing half the stuff cena does i high doubt it cause punk state of mind is not built for stuff like that. in real like he is a straight forward person who is a jerk. Same goes for Orton only difference Orton has his moments

I don't think Punk can be the face of the company simply because of his personality and mindset. He just doesn't fit the company's mold. Ask him cut the Subway promo Miz did and he'll just take a bite, spit it out and rant on how walking into a Subway stinks up your clothes. He's just too straight forward.

IrkenInvader
08-24-2011, 11:30 PM

Maybe you should learn how to read sarcasm. It's the Internet's preferred language.

Bralon23
08-24-2011, 11:30 PM

I'm not going to change your mind either way about the situation. I'm sure he was in character and the comment wasn't that bad. I could picture any of the guys put in the top tier spot of the company doing interviews without coming across as an idiot or a jerk. They're in that position for a reason and even the most anti-establishment type of guy can respect what Vince McMahon and the WWE are doing for him by putting him in the spotlight with various media interviews and tote the company line for a few minutes.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 11:33 PM
I don't think Punk can be the face of the company simply because of his personality and mindset. He just doesn't fit the company's mold. Ask him cut the Subway promo Miz did and he'll just take a bite, spit it out and rant on how walking into a Subway stinks up your clothes. He's just too straight forward.

That was my main point the only person who holds punk back to be in that position is not vince or anyone else its punk himself.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm not going to change your mind either way about the situation. I'm sure he was in character and the comment wasn't that bad. I could picture any of the guys put in the top tier spot of the company doing interviews without coming across as an idiot or a jerk. They're in that position for a reason and even the most anti-establishment type of guy can respect what Vince McMahon and the WWE are doing for him by putting him in the spotlight with various media interviews and tote the company line for a few minutes.

No trust me i know when he is in character and not but you must not know punk really well he is not media friendly so when he does interview of course he is not going to go ape shit but he doesnt bite his tongue and hold back and that is a issue.

jcagosto
08-24-2011, 11:38 PM
You're saying that posting on this site IS my life, unlike you? Let's take a gander. I joined in December 2010. This is my 23rd post I think. YOU joined January 2011. You have 1,170 posts. I see your point....

Now about you thinking like an 8 year old.....

Just to say that this ^^^ is what I call "Ownage". Ok, carry on.

Jaws
08-24-2011, 11:41 PM
This is a ridiculous conversation. CM Punk got mainstream media exposure for the WWE, which is somewhat of a big deal, since it hasn't happened in a while. Ratings may not have risen, but I guarantee youtube hits on his promo did rise.
Just because WWE was on ESPN does not mean some non wrestling fan is going to decide he/she needs to tune in next monday night, just like if I see a cool soccer goal in the Sportscenter top ten doesn't mean I'm going to turn on the next soccer game I come across on TV.
I'm not saying Punk is a savior, or that he is changing wrestling, or ushering in a new era, but he is doing something that is fresh, something we haven't seen in years, and something that makes it interesting to me. I don't think anyone else on the roster could have worked this angle any better than he has. And the angle is far from over. Give it a chance and enjoy.

Bralon23
08-24-2011, 11:43 PM
No trust me i know when he is in character and not but you must not know punk really well he is not media friendly so when he does interview of course he is not going to go ape shit but he doesnt bite his tongue and hold back and that is a issue.

No, I'm not his close and personal friend like you must be. Lol

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 11:47 PM
This is a ridiculous conversation. CM Punk got mainstream media exposure for the WWE, which is somewhat of a big deal, since it hasn't happened in a while. Ratings may not have risen, but I guarantee youtube hits on his promo did rise.
Just because WWE was on ESPN does not mean some non wrestling fan is going to decide he/she needs to tune in next monday night, just like if I see a cool soccer goal in the Sportscenter top ten doesn't mean I'm going to turn on the next soccer game I come across on TV.
I'm not saying Punk is a savior, or that he is changing wrestling, or ushering in a new era, but he is doing something that is fresh, something we haven't seen in years, and something that makes it interesting to me. I don't think anyone else on the roster could have worked this angle any better than he has. And the angle is far from over. Give it a chance and enjoy.

I agreed with you up til this point....I strongly this angle could of been given to anyone in punk situation and that wanted it bad to be a main eventer and could kill all the promos. Cause again what punk is saying is not new its all old stuff that has been said a million times on here. Anyone who disagree needs to really go back and listen to his promos and tell me what he saying doesn't some like the discuss and comments we make on this site or any other IWC site. Punk is just saying what males over 18 want to hear thats plain and simple

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 11:48 PM
No, I'm not his close and personal friend like you must be. Lol

Funny guy but im just saying i have watched some of his old work from his indy days and punk is a jerk i could never see him being the face of any company as big as wwe.

tshizzy34
08-24-2011, 11:53 PM
it's been mostly discussion here..

Yea some was but there for quite awhile it got to be just flat out ridiculous, know what I mean. There's just no need for that. I wouldn't have said anything earlier if it wasn't pure discussion but earlier on it wasn't. It's done with now it seems so it's all good from here...I hope lol.

Jaws
08-24-2011, 11:55 PM
That makes sense but none of us are on TV. I'd bet that most of what he is saying is his idea (that he gets from us, the older fans) to keep people our age watching. He knows we don't want to see SuperCena. So by saying the things he says, the WWE can keep us older fans watching while still keeping Cena around to pander to the younger/female crowd. I know a lot of us were becoming disenfranchised with the WWE and were probably considering not watching anymore. Then, Punk came along and delivered "the promo" that has kept us all watching for at least the last month or so. Punk was the perfect man for the job since he has solid mic work and came from the indies where he has had to work extremely hard to get where he is. A lot of guys on the roster could not have pulled this off like he is right now.

ihearvoices
08-24-2011, 11:58 PM
That makes sense but none of us are on TV. I'd bet that most of what he is saying is his idea (that he gets from us, the older fans) to keep people our age watching. He knows we don't want to see SuperCena. So by saying the things he says, the WWE can keep us older fans watching while still keeping Cena around to pander to the younger/female crowd. I know a lot of us were becoming disenfranchised with the WWE and were probably considering not watching anymore. Then, Punk came along and delivered "the promo" that has kept us all watching for at least the last month or so. Punk was the perfect man for the job since he has solid mic work and came from the indies where he has had to work extremely hard to get where he is. A lot of guys on the roster could not have pulled this off like he is right now.

U can think what you feel is right but i disagree.

Jaws
08-24-2011, 11:59 PM
I guess all I'm getting at is that yeah, he may be saying the same things we all have been saying for a long time, but isn't that what we want? For someone to finally listen to us? I know there have been times during Punk's recent promos that he has said something and I've thought to myself "exactly, I'm glad they finally said that on television."

Brewer 314
08-25-2011, 12:00 AM

And I'm sure you'll eventually be saying that your English teachers were right also.

Your coming off as combative and juvenile. Your buddy warned you about this place yet you came here why, because you were looking for drama?

You started this entire thread with with the purpose of being smug so don't cry foul when that smug attitude comes back around, partner.

Beefing with people is one thing but insulting the entire purpose of the forum is another.

Jaws
08-25-2011, 12:02 AM
I'm not trying to argue, but just for the sake of conversation, who else could have pulled off this angle as well as Punk has? On the mic and in the ring. Remember it has to be someone that Cena is willing to lose to. The only person that comes to my mind right away is Jericho, but he isn't around.

ihearvoices
08-25-2011, 12:02 AM
I guess all I'm getting at is that yeah, he may be saying the same things we all have been saying for a long time, but isn't that what we want? For someone to finally listen to us? I know there have been times during Punk's recent promos that he has said something and I've thought to myself "exactly, I'm glad they finally said that on television."

It maybe good at the moment but im waiting for him to do something game changing i have yet to see that i thought the ending of the MITB would be a game charger but it wasnt so maybe wwe has something plan for punk that will put him over to that level like the guys the IWC compare punk to

Jaws
08-25-2011, 12:06 AM
It maybe good at the moment but im waiting for him to do something game changing i have yet to see that i thought the ending of the MITB would be a game charger but it wasnt so maybe wwe has something plan for punk that will put him over to that level like the guys the IWC compare punk to

fair enough

Brewer 314
08-25-2011, 12:07 AM

Exactly. Wrestling is an acquired taste to begin with.

The WWE needs revitalize it's core fans before it can bring back it's old fans and even bring in new fans.

BIGZrudypoo812
08-25-2011, 12:07 AM
I like CM Punk BUT before i can call him great i have to see him in the ring (with a mic) and The Rock on the other side (with a mic). and after i see the result of that i will tell you if he is a bust

ihearvoices
08-25-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm not trying to argue, but just for the sake of conversation, who else could have pulled off this angle as well as Punk has? On the mic and in the ring. Remember it has to be someone that Cena is willing to lose to. The only person that comes to my mind right away is Jericho, but he isn't around.

Ziggler/The miz/R-truth(if he wasnt given the other gimmick already)/Ted dibiase

all guys have a reason to be mad and could of put on those emotional promos because once again all punk is saying is what males over 18 have always been saying about wwe and cena and HHH/steph and etc. it not original thoughts he may have reworded stuff but its not original

Enforcer23
08-25-2011, 12:10 AM

yeah i think they do with this whole fued now...thier trying to make him a big star IMO

Bralon23
08-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Ziggler/The miz/R-truth(if he wasnt given the other gimmick already)/Ted dibiase

all guys have a reason to be mad and could of put on those emotional promos because once again all punk is saying is what males over 18 have always been saying about wwe and cena and HHH/steph and etc. it not original thoughts he may have reworded stuff but its not original

You guys just need to give up on DiBiase already. He's just not there at all.

Enforcer23
08-25-2011, 12:11 AM
I like CM Punk BUT before i can call him great i have to see him in the ring (with a mic) and The Rock on the other side (with a mic). and after i see the result of that i will tell you if he is a bust

now that would be great

BIGZrudypoo812
08-25-2011, 12:13 AM
You Know It will and i cant wait

ihearvoices
08-25-2011, 12:14 AM
You guys just need to give up on DiBiase already. He's just not there at all.

He has the look the in ring talent and also he is decent on the mic when given a chance i just think it comes down to "Creative having nothing" for him

Brewer 314
08-25-2011, 12:17 AM
dont feed the troll

I can't stop stomping on the bridge!

Enforcer23
08-25-2011, 12:19 AM
He has the look the in ring talent and also he is decent on the mic when given a chance i just think it comes down to "Creative having nothing" for him

yeah ya right and it takes time to get into the main event

wwe=awesome
08-25-2011, 12:21 AM
his shirts are selling to an audience that already exists. thats neat but it isnt bringing in new viewers which is what the WWE needs to be doing which is why i said hes not someone you can build a company around. Cm Punk is just good for keeping the status quo which is fine if youre happy with the way things are. im personally not because if the companys not growing then theyre not really working.
hey would you mind shutting the hell up about bring more viewers, no one gives a good shit if more people watch, the fact of the matter is cm punk has made wwe interesting for me and im enjoying it therefore he changed the business, even if it didnt change entirely it still changed.

Brewer 314
08-25-2011, 12:21 AM
This isn't an English class, this is a wrestling forum. Flaming others for their grammar is sort of childish don't you think?

No way, man!

I don't want any migraines!

Enforcer23
08-25-2011, 12:22 AM
No way, man!

I don't want any migraines!

kidding me right???

Bralon23
08-25-2011, 12:23 AM

He's been given the same opportunities as Cody Rhodes except he was given time on Raw and Cody was given time on SmackDown. They paired him with Maryse and he just didn't run with it. Cody took the dashing gimmick and ran with it. I think a lot of people make excuses for him. He already has the upper hand because of his dad.

ihearvoices
08-25-2011, 12:25 AM
hey would you mind shutting the hell up about bring more viewers, no one gives a good shit if more people watch, the fact of the matter is cm punk has made wwe interesting for me and im enjoying it therefore he changed the business, even if it didnt change entirely it still changed.

Is that really need? im just saying everyone is on top and you just really went off into your own world not even making a argument just stating how much your in love with punk get a room

yeah ya right and it takes time to get into the main event

Yeah and you cant blame him if he is not getting a chance all they have him doing is being Codey's lacky

Enforcer23
08-25-2011, 12:25 AM
He's been given the same opportunities as Cody Rhodes except he was given time on Raw and Cody was given time on SmackDown. They paired him with Maryse and he just didn't run with it. Cody took the dashing gimmick and ran with it. I think a lot of people make excuses for him. He already has the upper hand because of his dad.

nah i dont think that has anythind to do with it look at harry smith...you have to work still

tshizzy34
08-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Nice sig pic BIGZrudypoo812. Farley = Comedy Gold.

ihearvoices
08-25-2011, 12:28 AM

Im not making excuses for him im just saying maybe he needs a better gimmick. IMO ADR gimmick should of and could of easily fit him. But instead he has been given not much to work with. As for the Maryse gimmick he had that was a joke seeing the fact he would lose close to ever match on raw and than to rookies over at nxt so that gimmick didnt do him no favors.

BIGZrudypoo812
08-25-2011, 12:30 AM
now that would be great

It Will happen. BUT i hope when it does happen its a surprise and we dont know about it. Lately The Rock has told us when he's returning and that take the excitement out of it.

I want CM Punk to be in the ring Citting a Promo and out of nowhere "IF YOU SMEEEEELL" those are "The Rock Returns" that gives you goosebumps especially when he came back this year

infrequentPoster
08-25-2011, 12:34 AM

I highly doubt the guys you mentioned could put those promos on as effectively as Punk did. I've deducted you don't think Punk is all too special on the mic. Your post implies that Ziggler/Miz/Truth/and ...Ted Dibiase could handle this angle, pretty much be the focal point for the summer which includes the 3rd biggest PPV (Summerslam), and continue to be one of the centerpieces of Raw.

Subjectively, I'm bewildered to see such a bizarre response to Punk's resurgence in the product. Ratings aside, this is a slow burn. Disenfranchised wrestling fans are not going to just return in a day. The public perception of the WWE isn't too high, and a couple promos aren't going to automatically make the company spike from a 3.0 to a 5.0. Gone are the times where wrestling was the hot ticket, the cool thing to watch, the edgy programming that people talked about. From an objective standpoint, Punk has done more to stir the pot...read that again STIR THE POT...what does that mean? Break the cycle of monotony the WWE has been in the last 8 years or so with John Cena being the goldenboy. If you are a fan, then surely you should appreciate at least the breath of fresh air in a product that has been stale.

Now Sir, I'll be objective once more. All those guys you mentioned don't have the indie-credibility that Punk has, except for R-Truth. Why is indie credibility important? Because they wanted to make this in a shoot-style promo? Why is CM Punk the right choice? Because this angle revolved around realism. It was all done shoot style. Punk had legit gripes about not being utilized (like Dibiase and Truth you say?), had legit gripes about his friends being fired, had legit gripes about the politics which plagued him in ECW/WWE (notice how he said I'm a Paul Heyman guy? If you listen to Lagana's podcast, Punk was shit on during the beginning of his tenure in the WWE). Punk had the external circumstances surrounding his life that made him the viable choice to be the new guy.

What you say is "generic" and what "all males over 18 have been saying" is only half true. Yes Punk said what all males over 18 have been saying...But don't you see? What all males over 18 have been saying is what the WWE was not acknowledging. What all males over 18 have been yearning for is maturity in this product. Don't act as if we're moron viewers. We know what's up. We're tired of the kiddy generic bullshit. What CM Punk said was so divergent of the pre-existing story lines, that give the product a little kick in the ass. That divergence is inherently not generic, but rather fresh. That shoot promo and the next several weeks of Punk drove MITB to do a lot better this year than last year (source: Wrestling Observer).

Again. this is a slow burn, and renewing interest will take time. People need to understand this. They also need to realize that Punk isn't to blame for a plotline you do not like. I didn't like the film Tree of Life too much, but Brad Pitt acted brilliantly. His performance made a hit/miss movie more watchable and actually enhanced the experience.

ihearvoices
08-25-2011, 12:38 AM
I highly doubt the guys you mentioned could put those promos on as effectively as Punk did. I've deducted you don't think Punk is all too special on the mic. Your post implies that Ziggler/Miz/Truth/and ...Ted Dibiase could handle this angle, pretty much be the focal point for the summer which includes the 3rd biggest PPV (Summerslam), and continue to be one of the centerpieces of Raw.

Subjectively, I'm bewildered to see such a bizarre response to Punk's resurgence in the product. Ratings aside, this is a slow burn. Disenfranchised wrestling fans are not going to just return in a day. The public perception of the WWE isn't too high, and a couple promos aren't going to automatically make the company spike from a 3.0 to a 5.0. Gone are the times where wrestling was the hot ticket, the cool thing to watch, the edgy programming that people talked about. From an objective standpoint, Punk has done more to stir the pot...read that again STIR THE POT...what does that mean? Break the cycle of monotony the WWE has been in the last 8 years or so with John Cena being the goldenboy. If you are a fan, then surely you should appreciate at least the breath of fresh air in a product that has been stale.

Now Sir, I'll be objective once more. All those guys you mentioned don't have the indie-credibility that Punk has, except for R-Truth. Why is indie credibility important? Because they wanted to make this in a shoot-style promo? Why is CM Punk the right choice? Because this angle revolved around realism. It was all done shoot style. Punk had legit gripes about not being utilized (like Dibiase and Truth you say?), had legit gripes about his friends being fired, had legit gripes about the politics which plagued him in ECW/WWE (notice how he said I'm a Paul Heyman guy? If you listen to Lagana's podcast, Punk was shit on during the beginning of his tenure in the WWE). Punk had the external circumstances surrounding his life that made him the viable choice to be the new guy.

What you say is "generic" and what "all males over 18 have been saying" is only half true. Yes Punk said what all males over 18 have been saying...But don't you see? What all males over 18 have been saying is what the WWE was not acknowledging. What all males over 18 have been yearning for is maturity in this product. Don't act as if we're moron viewers. We know what's up. We're tired of the kiddy generic bullshit. What CM Punk said was so divergent of the pre-existing story lines, that give the product a little kick in the ass. That divergence is inherently not generic, but rather fresh. That shoot promo and the next several weeks of Punk drove MITB to do a lot better this year than last year (source: Wrestling Observer).

Again. this is a slow burn, and renewing interest will take time. People need to understand this. They also need to realize that Punk isn't to blame for a plotline you do not like. I didn't like the film Tree of Life too much, but Brad Pitt acted brilliantly. His performance made a hit/miss movie more watchable and actually enhanced the experience.

Ok i will let you guys believe what you want but i know what im seeing and hearing and none of it is that mind blowing as everyone makes it out to be.

wwe=awesome
08-25-2011, 12:40 AM
Is that really need? im just saying everyone is on top and you just really went off into your own world not even making a argument just stating how much your in love with punk get a room

no im just saying no one cares about new viewers and that shit, im just saying now its interesting so if your complaining you must have issue's because its alot better now than it was before, so for the love of god stop your bitching and dont reply back because you have had way to many posts on this thread and its quite embarrassing. get a hobby

infrequentPoster
08-25-2011, 12:43 AM
Ok i will let you guys believe what you want but i know what im seeing and hearing and none of it is that mind blowing as everyone makes it out to be.

I get your perspective, that CM Punk isn't god. I get it. People here seem to view this guy as a demagogue or some sort of celestial entity, which can be annoying. That being said, he's excellent on the mic and in the ring. At the very LEAST, it's refreshing to see this man express himself authentically amidst a show of scripted promos and corny angles.

ihearvoices
08-25-2011, 12:51 AM
no im just saying no one cares about new viewers and that shit, im just saying now its interesting so if your complaining you must have issue's because its alot better now than it was before, so for the love of god stop your bitching and dont reply back because you have had way to many posts on this thread and its quite embarrassing. get a hobby

I got a hobby just ask your mother and aunt ;) ill be there for dinner later tell them to keep my plate warm

ihearvoices
08-25-2011, 12:54 AM
I get your perspective, that CM Punk isn't god. I get it. People here seem to view this guy as a demagogue or some sort of celestial entity, which can be annoying. That being said, he's excellent on the mic and in the ring. At the very LEAST, it's refreshing to see this man express himself authentically amidst a show of scripted promos and corny angles.

I give him that he is talented i try to remind people this guy is a 5x champ i feel like alot of people view everything punk has done in the past as nothing like his career started the night he cut the promo and hes a 1x champ lol. But yeah i get what everyone is saying i read alot of good points & arrangements. All thats left is for us to just watch and see what becomes of this whole angle.

evilgenius780
08-25-2011, 01:03 AM
The big problem, we worry too much about buy rates, ratings, media coverage, ect. When the important thing is, does it entertain you or not? Personally, CM Punk has entertained the hell out of me since they gave him a mic with the SES, and he has picked up a lot of steam lately.

Enforcer23
08-25-2011, 01:07 AM
The big problem, we worry too much about buy rates, ratings, media coverage, ect. When the important thing is, does it entertain you or not? Personally, CM Punk has entertained the hell out of me since they gave him a mic with the SES, and he has picked up a lot of steam lately.

i agree with this...ppl watch wwe from the internet to tv to all over the place ratings arnt everything anymore

evilgenius780
08-25-2011, 01:12 AM
Good point, they can't keep track of how many people are stealing PPV feeds from month to month

ihearvoices
08-25-2011, 01:15 AM

We can be entertain but if it aint making no profit WWE wont survive so Ratings,buy Rates are very important when your discuss a angle specifically this one when WWE invested so much time and effort into it

Enforcer23
08-25-2011, 01:17 AM
We can be entertain but if it aint making no profit WWE wont survive so Ratings,buy Rates are very important when your discuss a angle specifically this one when WWE invested so much time and effort into it

as i said ratings are not everything..since were the tecno age TALK is everything just my opinion

wwe=awesome
08-25-2011, 01:20 AM
I got a hobby just ask your mother and aunt ;) ill be there for dinner later tell them to keep my plate warm

my mother is disgusting and in jail, havnt seen her since i was 5 so if your hitting that you have more issues than i originally thought.

Juvenile Junkie
08-25-2011, 01:20 AM

would have been bigger if he had actually left WWE and gone to another promotion on the same level or closer to WWE,unfortunately that doesn't exist

The_Awesome_One
08-25-2011, 05:48 AM

replace the word buy with stream and yes

Y2Jryder
08-25-2011, 05:51 AM
Is this thread about Punk again?

Mr.Turtle
08-25-2011, 06:04 AM
Is this thread about Punk again?

Yes, about 50% are on this forum

ShockMaster
08-25-2011, 06:29 AM
OP is a negative cunt insulting everyone that disagrees with his impatient opinion. Therefore I'll look at it as just that, an opinion.

WrestlingNerd
08-25-2011, 11:16 AM
The wrestling world allows themselves to fall into all the hype about ratings and how popular Raw or Smackdown is with the REST of the world. That's not what it should be about. It should be about if YOU enjoy it personally. And yes, I am enjoying this CM Punk angle. I don't care if the other people in my "demographic" aren't liking it, or even if they're loving it... it has no say on whether or not I continue to enjoy it. Only I can say that. I'm still enjoying this and frankly I don't give a sh*t if Raw is still getting 3.0 ratings (and sometimes below that). Who cares about ratings? The only thing ratings tell you is whether or not the rest of the world is watching.. what does that have to do with YOU enjoying what you watch on TV?

Skycy
08-25-2011, 11:51 AM
The wrestling world allows themselves to fall into all the hype about ratings and how popular Raw or Smackdown is with the REST of the world. That's not what it should be about. It should be about if YOU enjoy it personally. And yes, I am enjoying this CM Punk angle. I don't care if the other people in my "demographic" aren't liking it, or even if they're loving it... it has no say on whether or not I continue to enjoy it. Only I can say that. I'm still enjoying this and frankly I don't give a sh*t if Raw is still getting 3.0 ratings (and sometimes below that). Who cares about ratings? The only thing ratings tell you is whether or not the rest of the world is watching.. what does that have to do with YOU enjoying what you watch on TV?

Eehhmm, I wanna see the ratings tru tha roof, it would make me happy ;D

maar13
08-25-2011, 01:17 PM
@RTBShoc:

OK jsut so you know, probably a lot have told you this, but change does not happen over night, CM Punk is not Stone Cold, tha tis true, but how long did it took to Stone Cold to really change everything? not a month, not even a year, it took years to actually develop Steve Austin's character sicne his win at The King of The Ring in 1996 and after he became th WWF champion, stil they didn't win all weeks in a row.

Yes, Punk is now a 4 time World champion, but that actually is not that significant because you are in a time in which titles switch like they are hot potatos, none has had a long run with any title since 2006 and there are runs that has lasted less than 5 minutes.

Also, need to really check facts, this last rating was bad, yes, but that doesn't relly only in Punk's shoulders, he is only one man, yes you can say "Austin was only one man" but Austin alone didn't turn around the business, he had a nice set of enemies going against him and a nice set of superstars and storylines going there, it was not only "anything can happen" or "more questions than answers", there was something there that made sense with out actually going in circles.

They say the night Punk returned was not a good rating night for Raw, but they take on account the one he was there at the end, for 5 minutes, unadvertised after missing a week, so you can fault him for that, if that is the case, blaem The Miz-Mysterio and HHH, that were the advertised ones, blame Mysterio VS Cena as it was scheduled for later that night.

Call CM Pink a bust just because after a month he didn't brough up more fans over night is short sight, nothing is going to change over night.

Also, the sales of his shirt, yes is to an audince that it is alredy captive by wrestling, but at the same time, if the sales go out of stock is more revenue for the company, making the item a success for the time being.

Also, nothign is going to change until the WWE change their stand on John Cena, no not making him a heel, but making him step down from being the all around face of the company. I am not talking about charities and all that stuf, but let someone else have the freaking spotlight.

They are so afraid of taking the spotlight of him that they are hurting their selves and everyone else in the process, no is not to blame John Cena, but the way they manage to fit everything around him.

hystrix
08-25-2011, 02:31 PM

Nice post!

I wish people would just enjoy it for once. Gosh, I have NEVER once watched a program and used it's ratings to determine MY level of enjoyment. What a joke!

Skycy
08-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Calm down..?

maar13
08-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Nice post!

I wish people would just enjoy it for once. Gosh, I have NEVER once watched a program and used it's ratings to determine MY level of enjoyment. What a joke!

Indeed you are right, one should enjoy things because you enjoy them, as simple as that.

Sorry to bring numbers up again, but for those who said he didn't got more PPV buys, His "last" match brought in 265k buys, making the evne the highest rated PPV since Wrestlemania this year, 100k more than last years MITB. SO is not much but is a start don't you think?

ihearvoices
08-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Indeed you are right, one should enjoy things because you enjoy them, as simple as that.

Sorry to bring numbers up again, but for those who said he didn't got more PPV buys, His "last" match brought in 265k buys, making the evne the highest rated PPV since Wrestlemania this year, 100k more than last years MITB. SO is not much but is a start don't you think?

Lets see what he does on Night of Champion cause i know Summerslam will be decent due to it being one of the big 4 PPV of the year and also the whole double champ situation so i want to see what night of champion ppv buys are first before i go praise punk.

evilgenius780
08-26-2011, 12:08 AM
I understand that ratings and buyrates are important, I'm not claiming they are...they are imoportant..to the company, but as a fan, I don't really care who else its entertaining too, I like to focus more on watching the show, and enjoying it. And that is exactly what I have been doing, besides the World title losing its relevancy, WWE has done a lot of things right lately and the shows have been pretty damn entertaining in my opinion.

Also, I am not really too concerned about WWE going "out of business"

maar13
08-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Well, we did think it was going to be CM Punk's last match in the WWE so of course the PPV buy for MITB was going to be high.

Well not really, For the casual fan they could have cared less, since usually at the last match people think the one that leaves will lose (almost everyone did, even if they post Punk will win, that was more hope than logic).

Lets see what he does on Night of Champion cause i know Summerslam will be decent due to it being one of the big 4 PPV of the year and also the whole double champ situation so i want to see what night of champion ppv buys are first before i go praise punk.

Well on that note, you can't actually put the weight of it on Punk, He hasn't even has a match there and that one is over the shoulders of Cena and Del Rio.

And before you say it, I am not making excuses but exposing who is really having the main event and the big match on his shoulders.

Again going to Austin, even if they are not the same, is like if you say a PPV with Austin failed to deliver when he had a match with Owen Hart (RIP) at mid card and the Main event was Michaels Vs Shamrock, and no that PPV never existed, is just an example.

But even after that if you don't like Punk, you are never going to give him credit, that simple.

ihearvoices
08-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Well on that note, you can't actually put the weight of it on Punk, He hasn't even has a match there and that one is over the shoulders of Cena and Del Rio.

And before you say it, I am not making excuses but exposing who is really having the main event and the big match on his shoulders.

Again going to Austin, even if they are not the same, is like if you say a PPV with Austin failed to deliver when he had a match with Owen Hart (RIP) at mid card and the Main event was Michaels Vs Shamrock, and no that PPV never existed, is just an example.

But even after that if you don't like Punk, you are never going to give him credit, that simple.

I never said i didnt like him i actually said i admire his work in fact i have said many times i feel like his new fans forget all he has done up to that promo he did. All im saying his all the hype around punk is way overrated and it will take more than punk to change anything in wrestling or even in wwe in that matter. People can say punk is responsible for matches being longer but where is the physical proof of that who is to say that wasnt a plan made by the higher power on their own. I just feel too much credit is being give to one man.

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-26-2011, 12:34 AM

CM Punk aint a bust WWE just fucked up in the way they handled this. First they brought CM Punk back way to early. He should have stayed out a month or two to sell he was leaving, then they should have had HHH seem desperate to get him back. Second they should have kept the belt on him for atleast 6 months to sell that he is the leader of the new era in WWE.

ihearvoices
08-26-2011, 12:46 AM
CM Punk aint a bust WWE just fucked up in the way they handled this. First they brought CM Punk back way to early. He should have stayed out a month or two to sell he was leaving, then they should have had HHH seem desperate to get him back. Second they should have kept the belt on him for atleast 6 months to sell that he is the leader of the new era in WWE.

So you wanted him to basically become Cena and Orton thats what im reading right now. Plus once WWE crowned a new champ Punk would of been forgotten by the 2nd ppv they would have atleast in the media eyes and the storyline would of been burn out.

maar13
08-26-2011, 10:39 AM
I never said i didnt like him i actually said i admire his work in fact i have said many times i feel like his new fans forget all he has done up to that promo he did. All im saying his all the hype around punk is way overrated and it will take more than punk to change anything in wrestling or even in wwe in that matter. People can say punk is responsible for matches being longer but where is the physical proof of that who is to say that wasnt a plan made by the higher power on their own. I just feel too much credit is being give to one man.

No actually in a big part you are right, Punk is only one man, he can't change everything over night, it has to come with baby steps. He might be responsible for a few changes, positive changes but in that regard you are right, maybe there is a lot of credit given to him and a big weight that shouldn't be put over his shoulders too.

In my opinion, the guy good, he have always have very good promos, even when he had to talk about crap. I think the positive thing is that finally he is getting credit for his work and getting the place he deserves there. Is he going to change the business over night? No, it will take more than that, but WWE finally recognizing him and giving him the shot to be vocal with in the company might lead to positive things.

I think that is a little change in the right direction, it will take a lot of more things to change all, but at least is something.

So you wanted him to basically become Cena and Orton thats what im reading right now. Plus once WWE crowned a new champ Punk would of been forgotten by the 2nd ppv they would have atleast in the media eyes and the storyline would of been burn out.

In the end, if they really puts the gears on Punk he might end up being pushed as Cena or Orton, there is a good chance of that, heel every face that is pushed to the main even as a face all of the sudden almost become into his super-self, the are way more resilient and way more stronger.

Is like when Jeff Hardy kicked out of the GTS after his leader match with Edge, all of the sudden he was super Jeff.

wwe=awesome
08-28-2011, 02:40 AM

just stfu already bro, stop your bitching