PDA

View Full Version : Death Note

Eve's Arse No.1
08-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Hi,

Just wondering how many of you have seen Death Note (anime series) and what your opinions on it are?

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-24-2011, 08:41 AM
I have. Can't go too in depth right now but, I was hooked on the 1st episode. Amazingness abounds with that series.

RomanFlare
08-24-2011, 08:49 AM
It's one of the few English dubs I've seen that really works.

Grind_Bastard
08-24-2011, 08:50 AM
I just read the mangas, I loved them, but never watched the anime. I may give it a try.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Cool thanks for your opinions but was i the only one who lost interest after around episode 26 (when two shit characters are introduced to replace one awesome one) without going into spoilers i was just pissed off with that you could of put those two characters together multiplied them by 100 and they still wouldnt of been half as good as the character they replaced.

It went from being my fav anime of all time to something i didnt actually enjoy watching. Plus WTF was up with the crap second intro song i mean the first one by Nightmare was amazing why change it?

It's one of the few English dubs I've seen that really works.

With me its Subbed or nothing i believe when you watch a film or tv show or anime or etc..... it should be in its country of origins native language adds to the feel of it.

Although im watching DBZ in english as i cant find one with english subs.

PS Has anyone watch the Death Note spin off series cant remember what its called but its suppose to be through the eyes of Ryuiki(cant spell his name for shit) want to know if thats any good or not?

CGBigMan
08-24-2011, 10:03 AM
i watched upto about the 16th ep at my friends house
it was awesome and im annoyed i wont see whathappens

Eve's Arse No.1
08-24-2011, 10:05 AM
i watched upto about the 16th ep at my friends house
it was awesome and im annoyed i wont see whathappens

Leave it there i wish i did

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Cool thanks for your opinions but was i the only one who lost interest after around episode 26 (when two shit characters are introduced to replace one awesome one) without going into spoilers i was just pissed off with that you could of put those two characters together multiplied them by 100 and they still wouldnt of been half as good as the character they replaced.

It went from being my fav anime of all time to something i didnt actually enjoy watching. Plus WTF was up with the crap second intro song i mean the first one by Nightmare was amazing why change it?

With me its Subbed or nothing i believe when you watch a film or tv show or anime or etc..... it should be in its country of origins native language adds to the feel of it.

Although im watching DBZ in english as i cant find one with english subs.

PS Has anyone watch the Death Note spin off series cant remember what its called but its suppose to be through the eyes of Ryuiki(cant spell his name for shit) want to know if thats any good or not?

Yeah, it's called "Another Note" there were like, 3 of them so far. Pretty interesting but, If you have ever seen "The Endless Eight" you already know what it's like...

RomanFlare
08-24-2011, 11:39 AM

They weren't as bad in the manga. Though, it never did make any sense in the manga (how those two were connected, I mean).

helmsley
08-24-2011, 12:12 PM
ive only seen until ,well i dont remember the episode but is were the story kind of gives a spin........ im guessing its around half of the complete serie

but so far ive liked it a lot, i think is very entertaining and its really worth your time

Eve's Arse No.1
08-24-2011, 12:16 PM
They weren't as bad in the manga. Though, it never did make any sense in the manga (how those two were connected, I mean).

From what i could tell it was a school were they take in Orphans and train them up to be the next L because L is a character that has been portrayed by many people or some crap like that.

Dameduse823
08-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Death Note is one of my favorites mainly because its so much more about the mental battle going on between Light and L then anything else. And I do sort of agree it lost a lot of speed when L was replaced but it starts up again quick. And the final episode was just perfect

Eve's Arse No.1
08-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Death Note is one of my favorites mainly because its so much more about the mental battle going on between Light and L then anything else. And I do sort of agree it lost a lot of speed when L was replaced but it starts up again quick. And the final episode was just perfect

SPOILERS but what the fuck i dont care anymore

Nah i hated the ending i liked the fact that he died as did the girl but why the hell did a character such as L die and a shitty character like Near(cant remember if thats his name i dont care) managed to out wit and catch Light.

I would of ended it with either L dying and Light getting away or L surviving and catching Light.

Automatic
08-24-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm at episode 5 and it's fucking awesome. I really like the mental battle and how they try to stay one step ahead of each other.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-24-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm at episode 5 and it's fucking awesome.

Turn off after episode 26 but yeah i was like OMFG this is AWESUME then along came Near

VanHooliganX
08-24-2011, 06:13 PM
1 of the best storys i've seen in recent years in anime.

The ending annoys me. Plus I can't really say what annoys me completely without ruining the ending which I really don't want to do.

I think you guys know what I mean when I say it annoys me. Just can't stand Mellow and white haired boy. >:(

Dameduse823
08-26-2011, 03:20 AM
SPOILERS but what the fuck i dont care anymore

Nah i hated the ending i liked the fact that he died as did the girl but why the hell did a character such as L die and a shitty character like Near(cant remember if thats his name i dont care) managed to out wit and catch Light.

I would of ended it with either L dying and Light getting away or L surviving and catching Light.

Then I can honestly say you would probably love the real life movies they did for Death note

Eve's Arse No.1
08-26-2011, 04:46 AM
Then I can honestly say you would probably love the real life movies they did for Death note

I own them but not seen them yet