PDA

View Full Version : The Return Of Shawn Michaels And "The Kliq", The New "Corporation" ?

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Anyone else have this weird feeling that soon enough THE 'E will be dominated by this group once again? Maybe Shawn won't be a part of it (Much like Haitch didn't want to be a part of nWo all those years ago.) but I have a feeling before the year is out, we'll see them come back and take over to form. It would have a weird "full circle" feeling about it. Bringing in Michaels, Waltman, Hall, Nash, And Haitch for a final run in a "corporate" manner will have made everything from "The Curtain Call" while they were trying to pull the strings as wrestlers all the way 'till now where the'd be the ones actually "in charge". That blows my mind just thinking about it honestly.

How would you feel if "The Kliq" took over RAW and made it their playground? (Much akin to when McMahon had "The Corporation". But more "controversial")

Rich Cranium
08-24-2011, 12:04 AM
As you mentioned I doubt HBK will make a return and if Xpac does, it probably will not be in a wrestling capacity. I think it will only be HHH and Nash from the Kliq. Other options would be the New Age Outlaws and Chyna but who knows.

TheRockerGother
08-24-2011, 12:07 AM
I doubt Shawn wants to return to TV for a program and Hall is in no condition to be used I have no idea if he's even better from the last clip where he needed help to the ring!

zrdt12
08-24-2011, 12:08 AM
yah but didn't hbk hint towards this on twitter or something? Said something sorta vague that could lead to him having a role in this i think.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-24-2011, 12:08 AM
As you mentioned I doubt HBK will make a return and if Xpac does, it probably will not be in a wrestling capacity. I think it will only be HHH and Nash from the Kliq. Other options would be the New Age Outlaws and Chyna but who knows.

I would LOVE to see it break down like this:

Triple H+Steph -- C.O.O. (In Charge "McMahon/Helmsley Era" pt deux)
Kevin Nash -- Bodyguard
Shawn Michaels -- GM of RAW
Gunn+Dogg+Waltman -- The New "Stooges"

Chyna would be an amazing "bodyguard" type figure to compliment Nash but... it would never happen lol.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-24-2011, 12:09 AM
I doubt Shawn wants to return to TV for a program and Hall is in no condition to be used I have no idea if he's even better from the last clip where he needed help to the ring!

Like I said, it'd be awesome but again, as I said Michaels might not want to do it and Hall is in no condition. Maybe if they helped him between now and then we'd see it though.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-24-2011, 12:10 AM
yah but didn't hbk hint towards this on twitter or something? Said something sorta vague that could lead to him having a role in this i think.

I don't have a Twitter, don't follow Twitter so, I honestly wouldn't know.

zrdt12
08-24-2011, 12:11 AM
I would LOVE to see it break down like this:

Triple H+Steph -- C.O.O. (In Charge "McMahon/Helmsley Era" pt deux)
Kevin Nash -- Bodyguard
Shawn Michaels -- GM of RAW
Gunn+Dogg+Waltman -- The New "Stooges"

Chyna would be an amazing "bodyguard" type figure to compliment Nash but... it would never happen lol.

I still think it's much more likely the Rock will get in on this than waltman, dogg, and gunn and possibly even hbk. I'm pretty sure Rock wants to do another run in the 'E (how long who knows, maybe SS-WM)

And btw, I didn't see that on twitter, I either read it here on the front page or saw it on RAW.

tnafanwwehater
08-24-2011, 12:12 AM
this type of storyline will not work anymore. everyone knows wrestling is scripted now. not like the good old days were u wonder whats real and what wasnt. plus todays generation of wwe fans dont even know who the kliq is or who the hell is x-pac.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-24-2011, 12:15 AM
I still think it's much more likely the Rock will get in on this than waltman, dogg, and gunn and possibly even hbk. I'm pretty sure Rock wants to do another run in the 'E (how long who knows, maybe SS-WM)

And btw, I didn't see that on twitter, I either read it here on the front page or saw it on RAW.

Actually, The Rock has EVERY reason to get in on this one. THEY were the ones who tried to bury him when he was rising. Hart was the one who saved The Rock in all honesty. Michaels and Haitch were in VKM's ear trying to get rid of him... who knows what would have happened if they had succeeded? Man, I cen see Bret getting involved in this too... epic.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-24-2011, 12:17 AM
this type of storyline will not work anymore. everyone knows wrestling is scripted now. not like the good old days were u wonder whats real and what wasnt. plus todays generation of wwe fans dont even know who the kliq is or who the hell is x-pac.

1.) So then you're telling me NO storyline will work then. I mean, everyone knew it was scripted in the 90's... there were MANY documentaries about it and I also have MULTIPLE issues of TV Guide talking about it as well. (When they were relavant.)

2.) So what if no one "knows who they are" within the modern ranks... that didn't stop them from bringing Nash in or from doing a 91 second video on WWE.COM explaining who he is. Please, you mean to tell me they couldn't make it convincing? Pfft. You haven't been watching wrestling very long then, have you?

wrestlingfan66513
08-24-2011, 12:18 AM
I'd like to get some new guys involved so they can push younger stars. I could see Swagger and Drew being used as lackeys/bodyguards.

TheRockerGother
08-24-2011, 12:20 AM
Like I said, it'd be awesome but again, as I said Michaels might not want to do it and Hall is in no condition. Maybe if they helped him between now and then we'd see it though.

It would be cool for Michaels :) at least we see him everyone in a while but ya I wouldn't want Scott on TV \: i'd be kinda sad seeing him in pain.

zrdt12
08-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Yeah it would be really interesting to see where the Rock stands. Since it appears HHH and Cena are clearly not on the same side. And I think what I was thinking with hbk/twitter was Cole reading one of HBK's tweets that looks to be a joke, forgot exactly what I heard originally.

"He got a text!! Dang, everything is technology now. I'm gonna text me a beatdown too somebody at RAW!!" -HBK

"Cole just stooged on me!!" - HBK

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-24-2011, 12:44 AM
I'd like to get some new guys involved so they can push younger stars. I could see Swagger and Drew being used as lackeys/bodyguards.

That's the thing... and the beauty of it. They wouldn't be WITH the Regime... they'd be against it. There would basically be a revolution so to speak. Old guard against new guard. It works every time if executed properly. (NOT how WCW did The Millionaires Club VS. New Blood... Ugh.)

YoungShaz11
08-24-2011, 03:02 AM
What about Alberto Del Rio?
I think Bret Hart and The Rock will be involved in this

shanethewolf
08-24-2011, 03:28 AM
I'd love for this to happen! This was my first thought when Nash attacked Punk, but knowing WWE's creative direction they'll come up with something completely different that doesn't make much sense and is much less entertaining, like Nash working for Vince to overthrow HHH or something equally dumb.

jrsckilla23
08-24-2011, 03:34 AM
This is what i think will go down Triple H, Nash, Stephanie, Alberto Del Rio and John Cena just here me on this and don't give me any of that Oh!! another Cena Heel crap cuz it is gonna happen soon. Well like I was saying you have those 4 running the show beating the crap out of Punk all the time then when The Rock returns at Survivor Series to confront John Cena here comes the new corporation making it seem there gonna attack John Cena to help The Rock and that's when they all turn around and jump The Rock making John Cena joining The Corporation to keep leading the feud onto Wrestlemania. I'm just saying it's not like it's gonna happen

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/287230_144692245614881_100002223184432_276971_7748 541_o-1.jpg

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-24-2011, 03:34 AM
I'd love for this to happen! This was my first thought when Nash attacked Punk, but knowing WWE's creative direction they'll come up with something completely different that doesn't make much sense and is much less entertaining, like Nash working for Vince to overthrow HHH or something equally dumb.

That would piss me off to no extent... I need to become a writer for THE 'E....

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-24-2011, 03:36 AM
This is what i think will go down Triple H, Nash, Stephanie, Alberto Del Rio and John Cena just here me on this and don't give me any of that Oh!! another Cena Heel crap cuz it is gonna happen soon. Well like I was saying you have those 4 running the show beating the crap out of Punk all the time then when The Rock returns at Survivor Series to confront John Cena here comes the new corporation making it seem there gonna attack John Cena to help The Rock and that's when they all turn around and jump The Rock making John Cena joining The Corporation to keep leading the feud onto Wrestlemania. I'm just saying it's not like it's gonna happen

I actually wouldn't mind seeing something like that. It's not OVERLY exciting but, just enough to go into WMXXVIII though.

tshizzy34
08-24-2011, 03:48 AM
This wouldn't be such a bad idea.

BlazersDozen
08-24-2011, 03:54 AM
I doubt Hall would even get an invite to come back with all his problems. He was clean in TNA for a month or whatever & still looked like shit. No way E wants him under their name.

Hesterica
08-24-2011, 04:42 AM

^ This. Why rely on guys who have nothing to prove or physically/emotionally can't be on TV if you have a huge roster doing nothing? This is a great opportunity for HHH to bring in new guys under his wing. Wasn't he high on Drew McIntyre anyways?

Fan4Now
08-24-2011, 05:10 AM
I honestly wouldn't care to see this much. Like I said before, no one wants Hogan Sting or Flair to wrestle or hog the big stories/spotlight over young guys who could use it in TNA. Punk is over enough without Nash & HHH. Plus everyone downs Jeff & Matt for their drug problem they can't seem to kick, but Scott Hall gets a pass? Why b/c it's WWE? He's been having an alcohol problem alot longer than Jeff & Matt have been having their problem, in public anyway. THIS IS BY NO MEANS TO DEFEND JEFF & MATT'S DRUG USE OR STING, HOGAN, & FLAIR STILL WRESTLING & HOGGING THE SPOTLIGHT. What would we get? A guy with hep c. & a alcoholic with two other egomaniacs Nash & HHH. They're all huge egomaniacs & backstage politicians, probably the biggest ever in WWE/WCW history & just because they're older & it's a different time, don't think they won't play their cards like they always did. Everyone thinks HHH won't politic anymore, but he will & even more so if his old/washed up kliq returns. I doubt they'd let X Pac wrestle or Hall will come out of his addiction enough to do this. The only way I'd like it, is if those guys would come back & stay in a non wrestling role, but they'd probably make friends with certain young guys & put them over everyone else. I know everyone after this post is gonna have a field day with my opinions & comments b/c almost everyone before me loved the idea. Well, I don't care. Forgive me for not liking BACKSTAGE BACSTABBERS who held many deserving ppl back for many yrs & in my opinion just like Hogan & Bischoff now & back then had a hand in destroying WCW, hogging the spotlight 24/7. Hogan & Bischoff haven't changed & neither have they.Before you jump on this. Think about this. HBK & HHH both had a hand in the montreal screwjob. Bret said so & they tried to bury The Rock. One of the best performers ever & in my opinion with Stone Cold, the biggest name ever. See that, they'll bury anyone no matter how good they are for business.

evilash
08-24-2011, 05:16 AM
I can see how this current storyline seems like it's going in the direction of a new "Corporation" type faction, under Triple H's rule.

A lot of us believe that the new "Austin vs. McMahon" feud will happen between Punk and Triple H...sort of the rebel against authority-type storyline. With CM Punk's new-found mega popularity, and with his constant intense in-ring segments between him and Triple H, I truly think that a Punk vs. HHH feud is DEFINETELY the direction they are going in.

Maybe it will culminate at Wrestlemania. But I believe it will be sooner rather that later that we see Triple H become a Heel again and be a power-mad dictator.

I don't think it will solely be the "Kliq" returning, or be the "McMahon-Helmsley Era" returning, either. But maybe a faction that is a little mixture of both.

Have it be revealed that Triple H actually DID send the text, and have him become a super-heel. HHH reveals he's finally in control of WWE, and doesn't want someone like Punk to ruin his years of trying to achieve this goal. So thus begin the next generation "Austin vs. McMahon" feud that I mentioned. Triple H, Stephanie McMahon & Kevin Nash all recruit WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio into their cause, since they want him to be the Champion. Thus, a new faction is born for Punk to battle in a "one-man against an army"-type deal. Triple H and Stephanie are in charge, John Laurenitus is the "stooge", Nash acts as the muscle, and Alberto Del Rio (along with Ricardo Rodriguez) is the young star and WWE Champion they have taken under their wing and poise him to be the next "Face of WWE".

This will cause John Cena and CM Punk to join forces. But, we may also see many changes during this storyline. Such as R-Truth turning face once again because it turns out...he wasn't crazy after all, and their actually WAS a conspiracy! Either that, or he continues to be Heel and plays off the "I told you so!" routine to annoy the fans. Also, he could turn out to be a PART OF THE CONSPIRACY, and joins the faction.

I can see, also, cameos from Shawn Michaels and X-Pac (Hall is in waaay to bad shape and don't think WWE will let him return, no even for one night). It's possible X-Pac could return in some temporary on-air role, but who knows? HBK will view his opinions against the the faction, I believe - don't think they'll have HBK turn heel now!

Also, a possibility is this rumoured "C4" (aptly named by a fan) faction, which will include CM Punk, Col Cabana and the Kings of Wrestling debuting and going up against the Conspiracy faction.

Overall, I think this storyline will be bad-ass i the end!! Personally, I believe Triple H and Co. will form a faction, utlimately. Which will lead to a Punk/HHH match at Wrestlemania (which I'm going to!!). And, I also believe that when the Rock vs. Cena match is over at 'Mania, we WILL see John Cena turn Heel - and possibly JOIN the faction. By this time, I think The Miz will turn face - and, along with CM Punk, will fill in as the top major babyfaces for WWE.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-24-2011, 05:29 AM
I can see how this current storyline seems like it's going in the direction of a new "Corporation" type faction, under Triple H's rule.

A lot of us believe that the new "Austin vs. McMahon" feud will happen between Punk and Triple H...sort of the rebel against authority-type storyline. With CM Punk's new-found mega popularity, and with his constant intense in-ring segments between him and Triple H, I truly think that a Punk vs. HHH feud is DEFINETELY the direction they are going in.

Maybe it will culminate at Wrestlemania. But I believe it will be sooner rather that later that we see Triple H become a Heel again and be a power-mad dictator.

I don't think it will solely be the "Kliq" returning, or be the "McMahon-Helmsley Era" returning, either. But maybe a faction that is a little mixture of both.

Have it be revealed that Triple H actually DID send the text, and have him become a super-heel. HHH reveals he's finally in control of WWE, and doesn't want someone like Punk to ruin his years of trying to achieve this goal. So thus begin the next generation "Austin vs. McMahon" feud that I mentioned. Triple H, Stephanie McMahon & Kevin Nash all recruit WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio into their cause, since they want him to be the Champion. Thus, a new faction is born for Punk to battle in a "one-man against an army"-type deal. Triple H and Stephanie are in charge, John Laurenitus is the "stooge", Nash acts as the muscle, and Alberto Del Rio (along with Ricardo Rodriguez) is the young star and WWE Champion they have taken under their wing and poise him to be the next "Face of WWE".

This will cause John Cena and CM Punk to join forces. But, we may also see many changes during this storyline. Such as R-Truth turning face once again because it turns out...he wasn't crazy after all, and their actually WAS a conspiracy! Either that, or he continues to be Heel and plays off the "I told you so!" routine to annoy the fans. Also, he could turn out to be a PART OF THE CONSPIRACY, and joins the faction.

I can see, also, cameos from Shawn Michaels and X-Pac (Hall is in waaay to bad shape and don't think WWE will let him return, no even for one night). It's possible X-Pac could return in some temporary on-air role, but who knows? HBK will view his opinions against the the faction, I believe - don't think they'll have HBK turn heel now!

Also, a possibility is this rumoured "C4" (aptly named by a fan) faction, which will include CM Punk, Col Cabana and the Kings of Wrestling debuting and going up against the Conspiracy faction.

Overall, I think this storyline will be bad-ass i the end!! Personally, I believe Triple H and Co. will form a faction, utlimately. Which will lead to a Punk/HHH match at Wrestlemania (which I'm going to!!). And, I also believe that when the Rock vs. Cena match is over at 'Mania, we WILL see John Cena turn Heel - and possibly JOIN the faction. By this time, I think The Miz will turn face - and, along with CM Punk, will fill in as the top major babyfaces for WWE.

Fantastic.

LMPunker
08-24-2011, 05:35 AM
rather then guess and say what should or shouldnt happen cant we let it play out like the good old days and when its done we can call it a success or a failure and then say what should or should not of happened

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-24-2011, 05:53 AM
rather then guess and say what should or shouldnt happen cant we let it play out like the good old days and when its done we can call it a success or a failure and then say what should or should not of happened

Meh. That's like saying the internet needs to be turned off. Now that it's here, and people from around the World can voice their opinions for everyone to hear, it'll never go away and it'll never be the same.

Stinger187
08-24-2011, 07:12 AM
Meh. That's like saying the internet needs to be turned off. Now that it's here, and people from around the World can voice their opinions for everyone to hear, it'll never go away and it'll never be the same.

You know what's really helped me with getting back the OHH SHIT factor since the CM Punk thing went down... I stay off internet wrestling sites until 2 days after a show airs. Raw I get on here on Wednesdays/SD Sunday's. I DO NOT READ SPOILERS, which is why I stay off! Then i get on here after I watch and enjoy voicing what I think.
You are right the internet has it's pluses, but would wrestling get more views if there was no internet? We would talk to our friends/family about what we saw, which would inspire more people to watch etc. etc. Instead we get on here and talk about it.

Russo swerve
08-24-2011, 09:26 AM

I agree because most of the time ppl predict they are way off. Such as saying that mark henry was gonna feud with ezikiel, cody rhodes was getting burie.dolph ziggler and drew mcintyre were gonna be a team since they were talking backtage. And so on and so on

Y2J___Y2J
08-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Some stable will form I would think but it wouldn't be as big a deal as the nWo..

CrowOfMurders
08-24-2011, 12:15 PM

I'd rather see HHH play it innocent and hav it revealed that Stephanie sent the txt, have her build her heel stable, have triple H lead Cena,Punk and maybe a tweener R-truth Conspiracy theory nut.......until BAM! Triple H turns on Cena/Punk and reveals it was his and Steph's plan all along, OR hav Cena turn heel in a different storyline. Either way, have the suspense build and keep fans guessing with Trips before the big reveal. I also think they need a dominant tag team(drew&jack?) to form and side with the new Corp. and take the tag titles. Have the group beat down punk for weeks until C4 debuts and lays 'em out flat.

CrowOfMurders
08-24-2011, 12:23 PM
That's the thing... and the beauty of it. They wouldn't be WITH the Regime... they'd be against it. There would basically be a revolution so to speak. Old guard against new guard. It works every time if executed properly. (NOT how WCW did The Millionaires Club VS. New Blood... Ugh.)

Ugghh, this is the ONE storyline I hope stays buried. How many times has it really worked? WCW was the worst example and thats when they shouldve decided to blackball this storyline. Even TNA's attempts at the "old vs. new" storyline is so tired and boring. I've actually respected WWE in that they've never resorted to this shit. Besides, HHH and Nash dont really qualify as an old regime with just TWO people. Michaels is retired. Xpac will never wrestle with Hep C. maybe the New Age Outlaws(rather not see them in this kinda storyline tho) I'd rather see a mix with new guys sucking up to HHH(Drew,Jack etc.) vs. guys fed up with their treatment and siding with Punk(have Kofi and Bourne robbed of the titles,and have them work/shoot a promo about how they've been buried) Feed off of what's working not rehash bad storylines.

AlexWorldOrder
08-24-2011, 01:28 PM
I really hope they don't resort to this type of shit. It's extremely overdone, and the last episodes of RAW, felt like Impact. What's next? Mick Foley as Raw GM?! I think the best way to showcase this storyline, is to use the jobbers, and the young talent in the back. Punk isn't going to be around in the next two years, and Cena can't carry the company forever. Miz/Ryder/Danielson/and ? Idk.. Just my opinion I guess lol

dmt4life
08-24-2011, 02:06 PM
I've been talking about this since SS, and its hard to deny that some sort of faction is pulling the strings behind the scene now, as for who all is apart of it

Steph- fairly obvious she has her claws in this
HHH- they are sure going out of their way to make him look innocent....the cerebral assassin, the master of mind games INNOCENT!?!?!? please remember that this is Triple H here people, he is involved in this faction
Nash- The Bodyguard
Alberto Del Rio- The Face of the faction, crowned to be the puppet champion of those in charge
John Laranitis- The Voice and eventually the scape goat
Mason Ryan- WWE has huge plans for this guy, they havent hid that fact, they want to bring him back as a body guard, Nash isnt exactly a spring chicken at 51 years old, Ryan makes the perfect replacement in a few months

as for anyone else, maybe Vince is involved as well, but I do actually believe the storyline with him and Punk was a way to offically remove his character from TV and focus on the business side while preparing to start the transfer of authority to Paul.L and Steph

and look at it this way, all Rumors point to a team punk vs team HHH at survivor series

HHH, Nash, Ryan, Del Rio
vs
Punk, Cena, Miz, Truth

after Raw, I could easily see those four together trying to keep ego's in check while going after 'The New Corperation'

imswm
08-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Rock is already on the hook for five more films plus the new TV series in the close future. so it's HIGHLY unlikely he "wants to do another run in the 'E" as one poster put it. Plus, the risk of injury and the resultant loss of income and pissing off producers doesn't seem worth the relative chump change he would get working a series of WWE matches.

JLeeDude1892
08-24-2011, 04:05 PM
I'd love for the entire Kliq to return, but a return of HBK is kinda pointless as he has to part in what's been going on. Same with Hall.

Brewer 314
08-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Anyone else have this weird feeling that soon enough THE 'E will be dominated by this group once again? Maybe Shawn won't be a part of it (Much like Haitch didn't want to be a part of nWo all those years ago.) but I have a feeling before the year is out, we'll see them come back and take over to form. It would have a weird "full circle" feeling about it. Bringing in Michaels, Waltman, Hall, Nash, And Haitch for a final run in a "corporate" manner will have made everything from "The Curtain Call" while they were trying to pull the strings as wrestlers all the way 'till now where the'd be the ones actually "in charge". That blows my mind just thinking about it honestly.

How would you feel if "The Kliq" took over RAW and made it their playground? (Much akin to when McMahon had "The Corporation". But more "controversial")

http://theinsanityreport.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/obamafacepalm.jpg

Brewer 314
08-24-2011, 08:08 PM
HHH seems to be a good guy. I can see a new N.W.O if anything though.

Del Rio
Nash
John Laurinaitis
and Maybe The Miz & Truth.

Daddyj1
08-24-2011, 10:07 PM
The one thing EVERYONE needs to remember is this "When it's that time, time for all of us to finally hang them up and retire, the Cliq will be together for one last run. We're not done" Shawn Michales after the final DX run in what 08-09. So it wouldnt suprise me. Just remember the Cliq had nothing to do with Chyna, or The New Age outlaws. The Cliq was HHH, Shawn, Hall, Nash, X-pac, and Aldo Montoya/Justin Credible. I still thing Hall will be back. He is already doing shows and is starting to look better. They said he's lost thuirty pounds. With HHH and Nash helping him he'll get it together.

Daddyj1
08-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Also if they do this right, it will be BIGGER than NWO ever thought of being.I dont see Vince letting the NWO stay the biggest thing in wrestling History. As of now there is no storyline that compares to the first 1.5 to 2 years of the NWO.

TNA 'The very best'
08-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Nash no showed for his show