PDA

View Full Version : Todd Grisham Leaving WWE for ESPN

THEKEVINBRAND
08-23-2011, 11:28 PM
WWE presenter/announcer Todd Grisham who has been with the company since 2004 called his final WWE NXT show on Tuesday. Grisham who began his WWE career as the voice of Heat and The WWE Experience will be embarking on a new career with ESPN. His departure to ESPN will not be the first time an announcer has made this move, Jonathan Coachman a former WWE announcer is currently the lead anchor on ESPN First Take and SportsCenter departing from WWE in 2008.

Grisham while also working as a backstage interviewer hosted a number of now-defunct WWE shows including Heat, Byte This, The Bottom Line and ECW on Sci-Fi. Grisham's broadcasting with Matt Striker on ECW was acknowledged when they both won a Slammy Award for Best Announce Team in 2008.

William Regal acknowledged Grisham's departure and tweeted the following: "I would like to thank @todd_grisham for all his help get me through NXT.Best wishes for your new career at ESPN."

wrestlingfan66513
08-23-2011, 11:42 PM
I thought he was pretty good (better than Booker) and hope he does good on ESPN. I wonder who they will replace him with.

THEKEVINBRAND
08-23-2011, 11:44 PM
I thought he was pretty good (better than Booker) and hope he does good on ESPN. I wonder who they will replace him with.

Striker? Cole (again)? Josh Mathews? hell even JR could be doing the show (he could make the show interesting)

Iron Ape
08-24-2011, 12:07 AM
I always liked Grisham despite knowing he wasn't a good fit for the world of wrasslin'. Hope things work out for him.

THEKEVINBRAND
08-24-2011, 12:08 AM
I always liked Grisham despite knowing he wasn't a good fit for the world of wrasslin'. Hope things work out for him.

i sure hope so too

Dameduse823
08-24-2011, 12:49 AM
This is a shame really, I liked Grisham as an announcer, but I wish him the best of luck since WWE seemed to have shoved him into a corner anyway

Markedoutforlife
08-24-2011, 03:05 AM
Good for him... And lets not forget that he was kinda bland, so the mothership (dp show reference) will be a good fit for him.

tshizzy34
08-24-2011, 03:47 AM
Never really cared for him either way tbh, but I hope he does well at ESPN.

LMPunker
08-24-2011, 05:28 AM
i never disliked him and he was decent commentator hope he does well just to me he was just a less good coach

Tommy Thunder
08-24-2011, 05:36 AM
I always liked Grisham on play by play. Hell, when he was doing ECW with Striker, they were considered the best commentary pairing in WWE!
I expected this to happen sooner rather than later though, since Grisham's been relegated to the bottom of the bottom these days. He want from Smackdown play by play to being a backstage interviewer again, and doing NXT. He wasn't even considered for WWE Superstars.
Hope things work out for him though.

As for a replacement. I don't think WWE need to look for someone new. They have Scott Stanford and Jack Korpella ready and waiting. Both of whom I'm a fan of at the commentary table.

Y2Jryder
08-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Liked the guy on commentary, but I can understand why people can hate him on it

alexrules01
08-24-2011, 07:23 AM
CM Punk should take a seat back at the announce table
Do you know how great an hour of Regal and Punk on the announce table would be?
I think I'd have to start watching NXT without any pants again

xAzureSkye
08-24-2011, 07:26 AM
My favourite moment of Todd Grisham. TNA sucks says someone that's good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud75ZQVh04U

K2Jelly
08-24-2011, 07:28 AM
My favourite moment of Todd Grisham

Same here. Especially the part about TNA airing in Japan.

JLeeDude1892
08-24-2011, 04:07 PM
I personally like Todd and think he did a good job at announcing. I hope him the best in his journeys.

AOF666
08-24-2011, 04:51 PM
It's good for Todd. Atleast he is being looked at as as professional.

Tomsta666
08-24-2011, 04:56 PM
I honestly didn't even know who Todd Grisham was, untill I saw that video a few posts up :confused:

Automatic
08-24-2011, 05:00 PM

Wow, he has a lot of freedom on what he can say xD.
What kind of show was/is Byte This?

Tommy Thunder
08-24-2011, 05:01 PM

Brilliant!!

Androo
08-24-2011, 05:48 PM
All the best to him. He wasn't that bad, was fine. He was never gonna be the best ever at the commentating desk, but he was far from the worst ever.
http://breathoffire.freeforums.org/images/smilies/tg.gif
"No Todd we can't come with you to ESPN. Sorry. Maybe some of the guys will watch your shows though. Peace out" *Blows kiss*

THEKEVINBRAND
08-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I always liked Grisham on play by play. Hell, when he was doing ECW with Striker, they were considered the best commentary pairing in WWE!
I expected this to happen sooner rather than later though, since Grisham's been relegated to the bottom of the bottom these days. He want from Smackdown play by play to being a backstage interviewer again, and doing NXT. He wasn't even considered for WWE Superstars.
Hope things work out for him though.

As for a replacement. I don't think WWE need to look for someone new. They have Scott Stanford and Jack Korpella ready and waiting. Both of whom I'm a fan of at the commentary table.

sorry stanford is so monotone on the mic

broc808
08-24-2011, 08:54 PM

and not to mention he just looks weird

steveorton
08-25-2011, 09:05 AM
He will be missed, I'm jus sayin...

VanHooliganX
08-25-2011, 03:27 PM
WWE presenter/announcer Todd Grisham who has been with the company since 2004 called his final WWE NXT show on Tuesday. Grisham who began his WWE career as the voice of Heat and The WWE Experience will be embarking on a new career with ESPN. His departure to ESPN will not be the first time an announcer has made this move, Jonathan Coachman a former WWE announcer is currently the lead anchor on ESPN First Take and SportsCenter departing from WWE in 2008.

Grisham while also working as a backstage interviewer hosted a number of now-defunct WWE shows including Heat, Byte This, The Bottom Line and ECW on Sci-Fi. Grisham's broadcasting with Matt Striker on ECW was acknowledged when they both won a Slammy Award for Best Announce Team in 2008.

William Regal acknowledged Grisham's departure and tweeted the following: "I would like to thank @todd_grisham for all his help get me through NXT.Best wishes for your new career at ESPN."

FINALLY!
So glad he is gone.
He was so annoying, not matter where he went. Now if they can get rid of Jerry Lawler for Josh Matthews we'll have the perfect commentary (Assuming JR stays)

xAzureSkye
08-25-2011, 04:42 PM

I like Stanford I think he has a cool voice. Better than Adamle on commentary imo

K2Jelly
08-25-2011, 04:44 PM
I like Stanford I think he has a cool voice. Better than Adamle on commentary imo

Anyone's better than Adamle. Though I do like his voice. Same with Justin Roberts.

Y2Jryder
08-25-2011, 06:22 PM

And he is a broski!