PDA

View Full Version : Night of Champions... What do we do?

jhorton1215
08-23-2011, 02:23 PM
In a time where I would have loved to see a scramble match for the Championship, it isn't happening on RAW... Maybe it can still happen on Smackdown if the Orton/Henry match is on Smackdown itself and not at Night of Champions. In that case, here is my card...

WWE Championship
Alberto Del Rio(c) vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship - 30 Minute Scramble Match
Randy Orton(c) vs. Mark Henry vs. Christian vs. Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett

WWE Tag-Team Championships
Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne(c) vs. The Miz and R-Truth

CM Punk vs. Kevin Nash/Triple H (Depends on where the storyline keeps going)

United States Championship
Dolph Ziggler(c) vs. Alex Riley vs. Jack Swagger

Intercontinental Championship
Cody Rhodes(c) vs. Sin Cara

Divas Championship - Fatal 4 Way
Kelly Kelly(c) vs. Beth Phoenix vs. Natalya vs. Eve Torres

- I'd like to find matches for guys like Morrison and Daniel Bryan, but they just seem to be lost in not being in a title picture... Unless Bryan cashes in.

ELNIOJR
08-23-2011, 02:53 PM
I would love Cody Rhodes to go against my buddy Trent Barretta. Those 2 could steal the show on PPVs, and Sin Cara with Hunico...

mkultra
08-23-2011, 03:20 PM
One thing i don't quite understand is NOC is supposed to feature all title matches, that's its gimmick. with that being said are they just going to forget about that concept and add Punk in a match against Nash/HHH?

ihearvoices
08-23-2011, 03:26 PM
One thing i don't quite understand is NOC is supposed to feature all title matches, that's its gimmick. with that being said are they just going to forget about that concept and add Punk in a match against Nash/HHH?

What does punk have to do with the title picture right now he's not champ and cena is the #1 contender. All belts will be on the line

mkultra
08-23-2011, 03:34 PM
What does punk have to do with the title picture right now he's not champ and cena is the #1 contender. All belts will be on the line

i get that but do they usually have non title matches at NOC?

ihearvoices
08-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Yeah they do like one or two just so any top superstar they have that is not in the title picture can still be on the card guys like Rey who draw in top dollars but is rarely in the title picture.

ELNIOJR
08-23-2011, 04:03 PM

Yeah. It's Night Of Champions: a PPV where every Championship in on the Line...

...and not a PPV for ONLY...Championship Matches!

Russo swerve
08-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Im pretty sure last year it was s.e.s vs big show and none of them was champs so the answer is yes they do have non title matches.

The_Awesome_One
08-23-2011, 04:45 PM
I like your card but I dont want sin cara/hunico anywhere near a title until they decide which one they are actually using how about rhodes vs gabriel that would be good IMO I would say vs ted but I dont see it just yet

wrestlingfan66513
08-23-2011, 05:50 PM
If they put a scramble match I'd say make it for the Intercontinental title since I don't think the World title match will change. There are more competitors that could make that match great.

AOF666
08-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Night of Champions, I guess Punk is out of the PPV!

johnnyvine
08-23-2011, 07:03 PM
I see HHH saying that Nash screwed Punk and lied to him and that they will have one of their favorite types of matches.........a three way for the title

zrdt12
08-23-2011, 09:22 PM
I think Punk could get added to the NOC WWE title match. Then backstage he gets assaulted by Nash or someone and can't compete, building heat to the next PPV for a Punk/Nash match. But Punk is so hot right now it would be really dumb to not give him a match or some sort of decent segment.

tshizzy34
08-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Del Rio will retain, K2 will lose her belt possibly to Phoenix, Bourne & Kingston will retain, Orton will retain, Riley or Swagger will beat Ziggler, Rhodes won't face Cara but will retain if he has a match.

RagingBallsFTW
08-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Rather have the championship scramble be used if the Cruiserweight title is brought back.

LMPunker
08-24-2011, 06:07 AM
wwe would be really dumb not to have punk wrestle on a pay per view capital punishment,money in the bank and summerslam the last 3 pay perviews hes had the bestmatch of the night at extreme rules at an excellent last manstanding match with randy orton and at wrestleania an excellent match there aswell my point is punk delivers on pay per view

Y2Jryder
08-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Good card, but not going to happen

HeelTurn
08-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Punk will either be wrestling Nash (most likely) or have some in ring promo. A championship scramble does sound better than Orton/Henry 1 on 1.

Bodom
08-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Punk will either be wrestling Nash (most likely) or have some in ring promo. A championship scramble does sound better than Orton/Henry 1 on 1.

That way Orton-Henry can be dragged out a bit longer with Henry still looking strong and not be Orton'd.

FLWWEFan
08-24-2011, 10:10 AM
In a time where I would have loved to see a scramble match for the Championship, it isn't happening on RAW... Maybe it can still happen on Smackdown if the Orton/Henry match is on Smackdown itself and not at Night of Champions. In that case, here is my card...

WWE Championship

- I'd like to find matches for guys like Morrison and Daniel Bryan, but they just seem to be lost in not being in a title picture... Unless Bryan cashes in.

Very well put together card. Would be great if this was actually the PPV lineup that the WWE came up with.

HeelTurn
08-24-2011, 10:11 AM
That way Orton-Henry can be dragged out a bit longer with Henry still looking strong and not be Orton'd.

Hopefully they dont drag it out for too long.

Bodom
08-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Hopefully they dont drag it out for too long.

I don't want another Christian-Orton, but they've been blowing their loads too with their money angles.

ie: Cena-Punk

FLWWEFan
08-24-2011, 10:14 AM
I don't want another Christian-Orton, but they've been blowing their loads too with their money angles.

I'm with you on that one.

HeelTurn
08-24-2011, 10:15 AM

I dont see this feud being of the same quality, I think Sheamus/Henry could have gone a bit longer.

Y2Jryder
08-24-2011, 10:38 AM
That way Orton-Henry can be dragged out a bit longer with Henry still looking strong and not be Orton'd. is Orton'd a verb now? cool!

Bodom
08-24-2011, 10:41 AM
I dont see this feud being of the same quality, I think Sheamus/Henry could have gone a bit longer.

Add that to the list of feuds that should have lasted longer.

FLWWEFan
08-24-2011, 10:45 AM

From reading the Smackdown Spoilers it looks like Sheamus/Henry feud is still going. Not sure how much longer it's gonna last though.

jhorton1215
08-24-2011, 06:29 PM
From reading the Smackdown Spoilers it looks like Sheamus/Henry feud is still going. Not sure how much longer it's gonna last though.

One reason why I suggested the scramble match... Christian wants a rematch. Henry earned his shot, but Sheamus isn't done with him, and Barrett just defeated the Smackdown MITB winner.

HCollins-TNA1
08-25-2011, 12:05 PM

No they don't.... unless it the pre show dark match....

HCollins-TNA1
08-25-2011, 12:09 PM

WWE Championship

Just don't see Punk vs Nash on Night of Champions.... the PPV suppose to be title matches only... so we'll have to wait till the Hell in the Cell PPV before we see Punk vs Nash unless they tease it on RAW????

steveorton
08-25-2011, 02:42 PM

WWE Championship

This is a very good card mate, I'm jus sayin...