PDA

View Full Version : STATE OF THE 'E: Dissecting The FCW Talent (PT. 02 - 06)

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-23-2011, 04:14 AM
**THIS IS INTENDED TO BE A BLOG ENTRY! I'M JUST POSTING IT HERE FOR EARLY REVIEW!

Going to continue now with the next 3 people on my list of "TOP 10 FCW Up And Comers". Just to note, Brett DiBiase was going to be on my list but unfortunately it was just noted that he will be leaving the World of wrestling. We wish you the best Brett! Also, this has to be turned into a SIX part blog. Sorry for that.

*Bio Credit To Wikipedia*

XAVIER WOODS:

While attending Furman University, Creed began training for a career in professional wrestling and, in 2005, began wrestling part time with Rob Adonis's Ultimate Christian Wrestling promotion. While in the Greenville, South Carolina-based World Wrestling Council, run by former NWA professional wrestler Brodie Ray Chase, he developed his current ring persona based heavily on the character Apollo Creed from the Rocky series.

During his time in NWA Anarchy, Creed was part of a tag team called Awesome Attraction with Hayden Young. The pair had one of the longest title reigns in the promotion's history after defeating Justice Served (Jason Justice and Mike Free) in Cornelia, Georgia on April 7, 2007. In 2006, Creed won NWA's Most Popular Wrestler, voted for by the NWA fans.

On July 12, 2007 Creed defeated Murder-One to become the first DSW Heavyweight Champion since the split from WWE. He also worked with The Assassin while in Deep South Wrestling.

Creed appeared at Total Nonstop Action Wrestling's Bound For Glory pay-per-view event, teaming with Ron Killings as the replacement for Adam "Pacman" Jones. Creed wrestled under the name Rasheed Lucius "Consequences" Creed. His union with Ron Killings was made to be a play on words, with Killings' nickname "The Truth" being combined with Creed's nickname "Consequences" to form Truth and Consequences, which is similar to the name of a town, (Truth or Consequences, New Mexico named for an old game show).

Creed in action in September 2008On October 21, 2007, it was reported that Creed had signed a contract with TNA. The signing was reported when Creed appeared on the radio show Trash Talking Radio on October 23 with Tommy Cairo and Sabian. His signing was also confirmed later at a NWA Anarchy show where Creed was presented the contract by TNA Booking Director Bill Behrens. Following Bound For Glory, Creed was not seen on TNA television for months after Killings asked and was later granted his release from the company.

On February 10, 2008, Creed wrestled in a dark match before Against All Odds. He teamed with Sonjay Dutt defeating The Rock 'n Rave Infection. On the March 13 edition of Impact! a promo video with the words "prepare to face the consequences" showed Creed training and announced that he would make his return at the Lockdown pay-per-view on April 13. The following week the return date was changed to April 10. On the April 10 edition of Impact!, Creed made his in-ring return and defeated Jimmy Rave of The Rock 'n Rave Infection, thus qualifying for the Xscape match at Lockdown. During the match, Creed eliminated Shark Boy, but was later eliminated by Curry Man. Creed would later wrestle in the first ever TerrorDome match at Sacrifice, which was won by Kaz.

At Hard Justice, Creed faced Petey Williams for the TNA X Division Championship, but lost after interference from Sheik Abdul Bashir. On the September 4, 2008 edition of TNA Impact!, he won a number one contenders match against Bashir for the right to face Williams again at No Surrender for the X Division title.The match was changed to a triple threat after Bashir repeatedly attacked Creed. Bashir won the match and the X Division title.

On the October 30, 2008, episode of Impact!, Creed, along with Samoa Joe, A.J. Styles, Jay Lethal, Petey Williams, Eric Young, ODB and The Motor City Machineguns formed a faction of younger wrestlers, known as The Frontline, to oppose The Main Event Mafia.

On January 8, 2009, fellow Frontline member Lethal chose Creed to cash in his Feast or Fired briefcase with, and the pair won the TNA World Tag Team Championship from the champions Beer Money, Inc. (Robert Roode and James Storm). Creed and Lethal went on to be named Lethal Consequences, a combination of their respective names. Beer Money, Inc. regained their titles in a three-way match just three days later at Genesis. For the next few months, Creed and Lethal teamed with the Motor City Machineguns to try and unmask Suicide. On the October 1, 2009 episode of Impact!, Creed and Lethal were part of a 5-man ladder match for a future X Division title match. During the match, Amazing Red, who ended up winning the match, performed a hurricanrana driver, which caused Creed to projectile vomit as his head hit the mat. Watson was released from TNA on March 29, 2010.

On April 4 New Japan Pro Wrestling announced Watson, using his Consequences Creed ring name, as a participant in the first Super J Tag Tournament. On May 8 Creed and his partner Kota Ibushi were eliminated from the tournament in the first round by the team of Gedo and KUSHIDA. Creed returned to New Japan on June 28, 2010, teaming up with IWGP Heavyweight Champion Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma in the J Sports Crown 6 Man Openweight Tag Team Tournament. After defeating Tamon Honda, Kentaro Shiga and Makoto Hashi in the opening round, the trio was eliminated from the tournament in the second round by Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka and Tomohiro Ishii. On July 10 Creed defeated Brian Milonas, U–Gene and Tommaso Ciampa to win East Coast Wrestling Association's 2010 Super 8 Tournament.

On July 22, 2010, it was announced that Watson had signed a developmental contract with World Wrestling Entertainment. Watson, using his real name, made his debut for WWE's developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling on July 29 in a tag team match, where he and Percy Watson were defeated by Brodus Clay and Donny Marlow. He has since been added to the company's official website under the name Xavier Woods. On November 4, Woods teamed with Wes Brisco to win the FCW Florida Tag Team Championship by defeating Johnny Curtis and Derrick Bateman. On December 1 Woods and Brisco vacated the Tag Team Championship, after Brisco was sidelined with an injury

SETH ROLLINS:

Making his debut in 2005, Black started out with Scott County Wrestling (SCW), the federation in which he would hone his skills under the name Gixx. He also began wrestling for Ian Rotten's IWA Mid-South and later entered the Ted Petty Invitational tournament, defeating Sal Thomaselli before being eliminated by Matt Sydal in the quarter-finals in Hammond, Indiana on September 23, 2005. He also won the SCW Heavyweight Championship, and spray-painted the championship belt black to mark "The Black Era" in SCW. He later won the IWA Mid-South Light Heavyweight Championship as well.

He soon joined NWA Midwest winning the promotion's tag team championship with Marek Brave. The two successfully defended the championship against Ryan Boz and Danny Daniels, Brett Wayne and Hype Gotti, and Jayson Reign and Marco Cordova several times in early 2006. He also faced Eric Priest and A.J. Styles in singles matches.

He briefly appeared in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and teamed with Jeff Luxon in a loss to The Latin American Xchange (Homicide and Hernandez) on Impact in October 2006.

On May 25, 2007, while in a match with the Full Impact Pro (FIP) Tag Team Champions The Briscoes in Melbourne, Florida, Black's tag team partner Marek Brave suffered a back injury that sidelined him for several weeks. During this time Black pursued a singles career, competing in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (PWG) where he defeated Joey Ryan on June 10 and former mentor Danny Daniels at the supercard Point of No Return '07 on June 16.

At PWG's Life During Wartime on July 6, 2008, Black teamed with Jacobs to win the PWG World Tag Team Championship by defeating Roderick Strong and El Generico, who was a replacement for Jack Evans. At FIP's event on December 20, 2008 Black defeated Go Shiozaki to win the FIP World Heavyweight Championship. At FIP's event on May 2, 2009, Davey Richards was awarded the FIP World Heavyweight Championship by forfeit when Black was unable to compete.

At the Ring of Honor (ROH) pay-per-view taping of Man Up in September 2007, Black made his debut, alongside Jimmy Jacobs and Necro Butcher, with the three attacking the Briscoe Brothers, hanging Jay Briscoe from the rigging that had been used during the ladder match earlier that night. Jacobs announced that the three had formed a stable called The Age of the Fall. The angle was so controversial that ROH decided to remove the footage from the pay-per-view that was being taped at the event. However, the footage was also heavily requested by ROH fans, so it was shown on the ROH Videowire for the week of September 15. Later on in the event Black faced Jack Evans in a dark match, which ended when Jacobs and Necro Butcher interfered leading The Irish Airborne to help Evans. A six-man tag team match between The Age of the Fall and Jack Evans and the Irish Airborne ended in a no contest when Necro Butcher attacked the referee.

To Be Continued...

ELNIOJR
08-23-2011, 05:25 AM
And yet another...Great Read

thedominator92
08-23-2011, 08:28 AM
this looks like a copy and paste from Wikipedia....

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-23-2011, 09:13 AM
-_- *sigh* Please, read the disclaimers before commenting. We went over this a couple days ago with part 01. All of the bios will be taken from Wikipedia to give you their background (to expose people to them who may not otherwise know.) Ans in part 6, I will give my opinion on the talent I profiled and explain why I chose them for my top 10 list.

thedominator92
08-23-2011, 01:52 PM
-_- *sigh* Please, read the disclaimers before commenting. We went over this a couple days ago with part 01. All of the bios will be taken from Wikipedia to give you their background (to expose people to them who may not otherwise know.) Ans in part 6, I will give my opinion on the talent I profiled and explain why I chose them for my top 10 list.

you should just write the blog with links to their bios...might save some time