PDA

View Full Version : Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston's Tag Team

tshizzy34
08-23-2011, 03:31 AM
I for one am happy as hell that the horrible tag team of David Otunga & Michael McGillicutty has finally lost the title. The winners of the new title are now Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston, and imo I'm surprisingly happy about it. I think they compliment each other very well and work together great, and after watching the match they put on tonight I think they can help to usher in the new and hopefully/seemingly revitalized tag team division. I am admittedly not the biggest fan of Kofi but after this match I kinda like him in this new tag team, as I see it as a refreshingly new chance for this division to be great once again!

Sooo my question(s) to you IWC is this. Do you like the new tag team champions? Do you think Bourne & Kingston make a good team? And who do you see challenging them for the titles now besides Otunga & McGillicutty?

Iron Ape
08-23-2011, 03:35 AM
It's sort of a hollow victory considering that they're now burdened with having to wear those ridiculous looking straps. But, yeah, anything is better than McGillitunga.

tshizzy34
08-23-2011, 03:40 AM
Yea I 2 wish they would change up those belts, they look ridiculous, but as u said anyone is better than as you so eloquently put it McGillitunga lol.

SLEEPY LOCO1
08-23-2011, 03:40 AM
I like both of them and I guess they work good together, but I would have liked to have seen a allready established team like the Usos win them. I am very happy that that waste of a spot on the roster, David Otunga, lost his title, but I like Micheal McGillicutty and I hope he gets a singles push.

tshizzy34
08-23-2011, 03:43 AM
I like both of them and I guess they work good together, but I would have liked to have seen a allready established team like the Usos win them. I am very happy that that waste of a spot on the roster, David Otunga, lost his title, but I like Micheal McGillicutty and I hope he gets a singles push.

I do hope they make use of the Usos. They aren't that bad of a tag team if utilized the correct way. And yea I agree I have never cared for Otunga as I see him as a smug bastard, but Mike might be decent on his own, but I bet they stay a team for awhile since they should get at least 1 rematch so.

GR81
08-23-2011, 03:47 AM
I'm really not sure how I feel about this. While it's nice to see established names like Bourne and Kingston winning the titles I'd rather see an actual tag team like the Uso's win instead of teams consisting of 2 random singles guys (which I'm sure we'll be seeing an increase of now with Bourne/Kingston being over as a team).

BlazersDozen
08-23-2011, 04:13 AM
Evan Bourne with any title is a plus in my book!

Tomsta666
08-23-2011, 04:58 AM
As much as I enjoy Bourne, and I suppose Kingston is alright. These two aren't really a tag team are they? Just two mid-carders thrown together. I thought the WWE was going to get serious about the tag division, and bring in more legitimate teams and whatnot? Not just keep doing what they have been doing. I'm kinda suprised that it's Bourne and Kingston that are champions and not Santino and whoever he's teaming up with this week.

Also, am I the only one who actually likes the design of the the tag titles?

Mr.PayPerView
08-23-2011, 05:01 AM
At the end of the day WWE are intending to try and boost the tag team division. While they do need to try and work on bringing in more actual tag teams (Kings of Wrestling, The Briscoes etc.) and bringing up a few teams from developmental, throwing to solid in ring competitors with similar styles like Kofi & Bourne in my opinion is a great idea. They are two exciting, young and talented guys who are more than deserving of the air time and of holding the straps, I'm very confident that by the time Wrestlemania rolls around that that the WWE tag division will be well on its way to recovery.

Tommy Thunder
08-23-2011, 05:07 AM
I'm just glad that WWE finally realized how awful Henning and Otunga were as champs. They seemed t be heat resistant!!
While I'd have rather see an actually team such as the Usos win it (they've been good since their recent face turn), I'm glad that they took the titles off the heat resistant bros.
Let's hope the KOW debut soon, and that a few other teams will be acquired.

tshizzy34
08-23-2011, 05:34 AM
You mean Mcgillicutty not Henning right or were you being sarcastic.

Sully
08-23-2011, 05:45 AM
I made a tag team like this before in my fan fic, I named it "The Mile High Club".

I think Kofi and Evan are a perfect tag team though. Rey would also fit to make The Mile High Club a stable.

Y2Jryder
08-23-2011, 11:58 AM
They put together 2 mid-carders and let them beat one of the worst tag team champs in the history. Am I supposed to mark out??

JerichaholicPunk
08-23-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm really not sure how I feel about this. While it's nice to see established names like Bourne and Kingston winning the titles I'd rather see an actual tag team like the Uso's win instead of teams consisting of 2 random singles guys (which I'm sure we'll be seeing an increase of now with Bourne/Kingston being over as a team).

Totally agree! Spot on!

VanHooliganX
08-23-2011, 01:09 PM
I can see them being good tag teamers. I'm hoping this is the start of the revival of the tag team division.

I think this is also good for McGunga tag team. Hopefully they can bounce back against them and show they're a decent tag team.

That or give the fucking Usos a chance!

mkultra
08-23-2011, 02:09 PM
ive decided im going to go with "Air Boom" any likes, dislikes, alternate ideas?

helmsley
08-23-2011, 02:10 PM
kingbourne

Automatic
08-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Boom Boom Bourne.

K2Jelly
08-23-2011, 02:15 PM
S.O.S
Tropical Titans
Bourne to Win

Markedoutforlife
08-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Bourne in paradise
Paradise air
cool breeze
Air kingston
Smiles for miles
Job squad
E bone and double k
Ok im having too much fun with this.

jhorton1215
08-23-2011, 02:17 PM
BoomAir
SkyBlue (since they both like wearing sky blue now)

Tommy Thunder
08-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Given how 'creative' WWE creative are, I'm going with 'Bourne and Kingston'.

AOF666
08-23-2011, 05:16 PM
I think putting Kofi and Bourne together as a tag is pretty good idea. They really don't do much with them. I didn't like the idea how Zack Ryder stole Evan Bourne's spotlight. He was about to have his turn talk and he came in to distract them.

Androo
08-23-2011, 06:45 PM
How about: 'Koffee with a hint of Vanilla'?

Iron Ape
08-23-2011, 06:46 PM
How about: 'Koffee with a hint of Vanilla'?
Koffee and Cream.

EDIT: I personally like Bourne Sloppy.

SESAfro
08-23-2011, 06:47 PM
SkyBlue (since they both like wearing sky blue now)
This one. Plus, it's a reference to their high flying nature. (sky = high)

Androo
08-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Koffee and Cream.

Shit. They're better.

Or... 'Bourne Jamaican. Oh no soz, Ghanaian, yes.'

Tommy Thunder
08-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Vanilla Sky.

K2Jelly
08-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Maybe Bourne and Kingston ain't such a bad idea...

68wPayne
08-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Jungle Fever

or Transitional Champs Till Kings of Wrestling Debut and Reign Supreme

KJ PUNK
08-23-2011, 07:19 PM
@AKAtheMaskedMan on twitter asked that during RAW and his followers came up with The Ghan-Am Connection. Which I thought sucked, but whatevs.

tshizzy34
08-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Koffee and Cream.

^^^ lol nice one I like it.

steveorton
08-25-2011, 09:09 AM
I for one am happy as hell that the horrible tag team of David Otunga & Michael McGillicutty has finally lost the title. The winners of the new title are now Evan Bourne & Kofi Kingston, and imo I'm surprisingly happy about it. I think they compliment each other very well and work together great, and after watching the match they put on tonight I think they can help to usher in the new and hopefully/seemingly revitalized tag team division. I am admittedly not the biggest fan of Kofi but after this match I kinda like him in this new tag team, as I see it as a refreshingly new chance for this division to be great once again!

Sooo my question(s) to you IWC is this. Do you like the new tag team champions? Do you think Bourne & Kingston make a good team? And who do you see challenging them for the titles now besides Otunga & McGillicutty?

Yes, Yes and the Miz and R-Truth, I'm jus sayin...

Spear-O-Matic
08-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Meh, I'm just waiting for the "unlikely pairing" of Cena and Punk to win the titles from Bourne and Kingston and then lose them to some other make-shift team a week later.