PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Wrestler?

Mattdog12
08-12-2010, 01:43 AM
I would have to say Chris Jericho, He's an asset to any wrestling promotion, He's got the look, the mic skills, the in-ring ability and is the full package

The Leg-end Killer
08-12-2010, 01:47 AM
For me The Undertaker was the complete package in the 90's his promos,in ring ability and his charicter were amazing, now days I agree with Jericho but also I think Randy Orton, Edge, The Miz (who I never thought I would like!), Sheamus, Drew McIntyre all have everything other than the mic skills, although I dont hink theres anyone in the WWE with half decent consistant enough mic skills

Tcarms920
08-12-2010, 02:10 AM
My favorite over all wrestler is john morrison, im not a fan of his gimmic, but he has all the skills, he can talk good, he has amazing ability in the ring, hes strong like a heavy weight but hes also quick and athletic, he will one day be world champion and if wwe doesn't they're losing a big opportunity to make some serious money

jwt15
08-12-2010, 02:14 AM
My favorite over all wrestler is john morrison, im not a fan of his gimmic, but he has all the skills, he can talk good, he has amazing ability in the ring, hes strong like a heavy weight but hes also quick and athletic, he will one day be world champion and if wwe doesn't they're losing a big opportunity to make some serious money

HBK Jr. :)

The Leg-end Killer
08-12-2010, 02:20 AM
Thats a very good call morrison is great hope they dont pursue the mnm plan

Malbotia the Devil
08-12-2010, 02:23 AM
Orton, Edge, and Jericho are pretty consistent. I like Regal. He is a very good worker with excellent ability and mic skills. He does a great job of selling his matches. He might not be a top star but he is allowed to show his skills in just about every match and rarely get booked to be squashed.

I just wish WWE was still capable of creating stars like they did in the past. For example, Kevin Nash and the Undertaker. WWE picked up Mean Mark and Vinnie Vegas from the mid-card level at WCW and created two superstars that draw well to this very day. They did the same with Tripple H after his horrible Terra Ryzing gimmick in WCW, and also with Jericho as he was just booked as a little crybaby over there.

It just seems that these days they just throw things at the wall to see if it sticks without giving much thought to the character or gimmick.

I am starting to like Wade Barret a little and I think the Nexus storyline will at least make him an upper mid-carder if not a top draw.

Extremo
08-12-2010, 02:36 AM
Chris Benoit...the two matches on his dvd with Angle were beyond great...

JLeeDude1892
08-12-2010, 02:51 AM
Gimmick: The Undertaker
In Ring Ability: Randy Orton
Mic Skills: The Miz
Best At What He Does?: Chris Jericho
Full Package: I'm 100% Sorry To You Who Don't Like Him, But John Cena.
I use to not like him, but as I look back, he has carried the WWE by himself a lot of the time.

mr jones
08-12-2010, 03:05 AM
ever...hulk hogan, i remember watching the rnr express vs the midnight express befor hogan, and i really loved watching those matches, so those guys where my firt favorites,
i didnt root against either one of those tag teams, it was just really awesome to watch them week after week it seemed.
but then hogan came along and i was swept up by it and became a wwe fan for life.
right now out of the current stars Jack Swagger is my favorite wrestler.
i remember seeing him for the first time on ecw walking out with his goofey smile thinking to myself "whos this jack***"
by the end of the match i had to pick my jaw up off the floor cause i actually seen something in the wwe that i hadnt for a long time, a wrestling match.
jack swagger is the wrasslin fans wrassler, i cant wait to see him and kurt angle in the same ring.

ren
08-12-2010, 03:20 AM
Morrison can't talk good. He's mic skill is the only reason why he is not main eventer for now.

I would pick CM Punk or Y2J as my favourites.

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 04:35 AM
i'd have to say my favorite is The Miz. he has the looks and the mic skills. his inring ability could be better but it's improving. and there is just something that he has that appeals to me.

jsupe
08-12-2010, 06:48 AM
rko, edge, jericho, taker, sorry to say cena, hhh, and the future looks bright with miz,sheamus, drew m, and morrison

jsupe
08-12-2010, 06:49 AM
and forgot swagger

The Watcher
08-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Right now I think the two "best" all-rounders in the company are Chris Jericho and CM Punk. Every money making feud needs a believable bad guy to hate and these two are awesome at generating heat. They aren't bad in the ring either.

My favourite though right now is Dolph Ziggler. I've compared him to Curt Hennig on other sites and I'm going to do the same here, the guy has phenomenal wrestling ability and putting him with Guerrerro was a masterstroke.

jsupe
08-12-2010, 07:01 AM
ziggler is going to great

RKOViper
08-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Full Package - Randy Orton, but if PG then John Cena even thought I hate the character.
In Ring Ability - Jericho/Swagger
Mic Skills - Miz/Jericho/Punk.
Best Future - Drew McIntyre/Sheamus.
Best Star That is Held Back - Dolph Ziggler.

Revelationx
08-12-2010, 07:41 AM
I'd say that my favorite in WWE right now would be Chris Jericho, The Miz, and Randy Orton.

klebyano
08-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Full Package - Rey mysterio, Sting and Undertaker
In Ring Ability - EDGE
Mic Skills - Edge and Jericho
Best Future - Drew McIntyre,Sheamus,Evan Bourne and Dolph Ziggler.
Best Star That is Held Back - Evan Bourne

Tcarms920
08-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Morrison can't talk good. He's mic skill is the only reason why he is not main eventer for now.

I would pick CM Punk or Y2J as my favourites.

well i didnt say he was the best on the mic but his mic skills may not be his strong point but hes still good on it

Bodom
08-12-2010, 10:58 AM
well i didnt say he was the best on the mic but his mic skills may not be his strong point but hes still good on it

He's ok on the mic, he just needs to just stop being so damn goofy. Once he stops the goofy promo's he'll go straight to the main event

rebeccabroussard
08-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Orton. I like that they turned him face without changing his psycho gimmick. I am also a big fan of Edge, Jericho, and the Undertaker.

Bodom
08-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Agree. I love how Orton's face turn was very organic and natural. Wasn't forced.

Guybrush_Threepwood
08-12-2010, 12:35 PM
the undertaker and wade barrett .

EvolutionG
08-12-2010, 08:09 PM
ALL TIME FAV - Stone Cold he is the reason I started to watch Wrestling
Right Now Fav - Randy Orton
Fav Team - Old DX (Triple H, X-Pac, Billy Gunn, Road Dog)

Northernwolf
08-12-2010, 08:37 PM
HBK he always had the total package even during his last years in pro wrestling he was still on top of his game.

Tha Crows Nest
08-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Orton has been my favorit wrestler for a while now. Befor ehim it was Triple H, but i am a little stale on him maybe a revived heel run will change my thought. Honestly week after week I find myself waiting to hear that one word on Raw...........AWESOME!!!!

TheRatedRSuperstar10
08-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Mine would be Edge. He has more experience than Cena, Orton, and other great superstars. He can go high-risk when he needs to besides being a powerhouse.

Simmonslili
08-14-2010, 03:07 PM
well I have none currently now that HBK is gone...BUt overall.. I will say Hulk Hogan

*BRET_THM_HART*
08-14-2010, 08:27 PM
MY best wrestler of all time Bret Hart and Owen Hart(RIP) The Undertaker and Bret Hart were the reason i began watching finding the love for this sport.

but right it has to be Chris Jericho
and im liking Evan Bourne a lil bit now.

Cena Sucks balls ;)

jethro
08-15-2010, 11:00 AM
As of right now its gonna be CM Punk,when he speak,wwe universe listen.

Absinthe
08-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Undertaker

the_captain
08-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Mine? The Miz.

Angela
08-16-2010, 07:05 PM
No doubt in my mind... Taker...

The Instant Classic
08-17-2010, 02:56 PM
The name says it all.................but for those who don't comprehend its Christian.

daniel bryan mark
08-17-2010, 06:47 PM
My name says it, too. BRYAN DANIELSON!!!

Bodom
08-17-2010, 07:58 PM
CM Punk. Everything he touches turns to gold.

AGEOFFALL
08-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Chris Jericho.

eyehatecena
08-18-2010, 10:06 PM
On Raw-
Jericho, Edge, Danielson
On Smackdown-
Punk, Christian

RCizzle09
08-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Owen hart, mr. Perfect, scott hall, & goldust

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Christian, this guy could save SmackDown! if they let him run with the ball

bcfccalum
08-19-2010, 06:31 PM
I have a few favourites;
I like Randy Orton's psycho gimmick and hes got great in ring ability,
Chris Jericho is one of the best i've ever seen on the mic, never messes up his lines his gimmick is brilliant he does it well, speaks with little emotion but alot of conviction, he's also great in the ring
Jack Swagger as he is a great wrestler
The Miz because his mic skills are great and i love his corny catchphrase.

Layla because shes smoking hot and english :)

Charade
08-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Modern: I'd have to say Chris Jericho. I've just always been a Jerichoholic, no matter how bad WWE makes him look nowadays. All-Time: GOLDBERG!!!! I don't care what anyone says, he'll always be the best to me!

Justdawg08
10-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Just curious, who's everyones favorite to watch IN GENERAL, in the WWE these days?

10.) Santino Marella - BEWARE OF THE COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9.) Kane - Dude's looking good right now. I'd say his in-ring work is better than ever, as far as how legit he looks as a contender.. I'd say he's doing pretty well for himself, I still think he was better when he first came in masked as he had more of a mystery to him and he was more intimidating. Then there was when he was first unmasked, I'd rank that as the 2nd prime of his career, and this would be the 3rd. Kane is a legit World Champion for Smackdown.

8.) John Morrison - Right now he's finally starting to come into his role it seems. He could be a little more out spoken and aggressive as from time to time he just really doesn't draw me in unless he's doing some sick moves. Where is his personality? Unless his personality just consists of cracking wise jokes.

7.) John Cena - You might hate me for this, but let's get real.. when he's on the product picks up to a whole new level of intensity and the buzz in the arena just spikes. He's not really that bad in a match, the only thing thats absolutely ridiculous is how much he over sells simple punches and moves, and he's suppose to be a superman? Either way, Cena sure knows how to evoke an emotion from the crowd.

6.) Kofi Kingston - I really like his in ring style, I like his look, I like the colors on his entrance video thingy :). Plus he's getting pretty good at getting a crowd to work with him throughout the match.

5.) Daniel Bryan - He keeps it real for the fans and even though he is on WWE TV he seems to do his best to be different. Like calling out how he hated his old entrance music, now he has new music that is awesome.

4.) Dolph Ziggler - A very nice homegrown talent for the WWE. He actually keeps a match interesting with his non stop pace of kicking your ass. He has the look of your "perfect" arrogant heel and he's just all around awesome.

3.) CM Punk - Defiantly a great heel, a great talker, a great worker, what's not to like about the Straight Edge Savior?

2.) Jack Swagger - I've always been a fan of the All American American Jack Swagger, dating back to his feud with Christian on ECW. I love his... swagger... he has the look.... the size... the skills... he's pretty good on the mic despite his "speech impediment" which I would have never noticed if it wasn't for every wrestler making fun of it. And not to mention, he has the Swagger Soarin Eagle!

1.) Alberto Del Rio - This guy has "IT". I love his aggression, you know.. I can't tell if he is truly a dick to the other wrestlers when he is in the ring or if he is just playing his role to perfection. Either way if you turn him face... I am so going to be pissed off.

Honorable Mentions:
-The Miz/Alex Riley (I actually like Riley on the mic more than the Miz, he's more of a wise guy than the Miz)
-Drew McIntrye (Just like his overall persona)
-The Nexus(Sheffield, Gabriel, Tarver, Wade are my stand out favorites)
-Cody Rhodes(his gimmick is kinda generic heel, but he plays it like a champ)

Dishonorable Mentions
-Edge (Can't stand watching him wrestle anymore)
-Undertaker (I wish you would retire so we don't have to watch your old ass do the same song and dance for the next 3 years that you've been doing since you became The Deadman again)
-David Otunga (Seriously are you gay? Because when you talk thats the impression I get sometimes Mr. Sensitive and Sweet... and I qoute... "John... if you need anything... anything... I'm here for you")
-RANDY ORTON (Seriously you are a fucking boring wrestler/talker. The only time you evoke an emotion out of me is when you act insane and RKO people.. thats the only thing you good you got going for you. And I'm pretty sure Stone Cold Steve Austin wants his job back, because you just stole it from him)

----

Feel free to comment on my thoughts, feel free to post your own. You don't have to go in depth like I did, I was just bored... but there you have it... maybe sometime I'll do one for TNA guys.

bcfccalum
10-27-2010, 04:11 PM
no mention of Chris Jericho??? Agree with Del Rio and Kane, disagree with Randy Orton

Scottland
10-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Seriously? Orton, Edge & Taker on the dishonorable mentions? Dude, I don't know if I can take you seriously (actually, I can't) especially when your dissing three of the best in the business (that doesn't bold well in terms of your opinion). Some of your "favorites" are highly questionable like Santino (an SNL joke), Swagger (a 2nd rate Kurt Angle rip-off), Cena (a Hulk Hogan wannabe which just means boring, predictable, & hardly any in-ring skills) let alone some of your honorable mentions are highly questionable for example Drew McIntyre (a prototypical of a wannabe tough guy. I laugh at the dude everytime I see him because he's not tough looking by any means let alone he walks like a duck. Hell, Rosie O' Donnell looks tougher then him).

P.S. Where is Chris Jericho, Triple H & Sheamus?

FaceOfSpades
10-27-2010, 04:33 PM
we have the same top 3 but swagger is my 3 punk is my 2 del rio is my 1. to me it comes down to the mic cuz all 3 can wrestle. i cant come up with a top 10 but hey, my top 3 can kick alot of top 5 ass!

Cornzone2
10-27-2010, 04:56 PM
10. Alberto Del Rio (Great on the mic and very good in the ring too)
9. Kaval (Very good in the ring, hope he gets a push)
8. Wade Barrett (Has been great leading the Nexus)
7. Sheamus (He can talk and he's not bad in the ring either)
6. John Morrison (He can have great matches with almost anyone)
5. Christian (Full Package, if he was in the main event, I think he could have some great feuds)
4. Edge (He can be great as a Heel or a Face, and his in ring work is great too)
3. Chris Jericho (Obvious Reasons)
2. Daniel Bryan (His in ring work is incredible)
1. CM Punk (He's the full package)

Dishonorable Mentions:
-The Miz (Fantastic on the mic, but IMO his in ring is lacking, he's been putting on some great matches so if he can put on some more, he's off this list)
-Undertaker (Nothing wrong with him or his in ring work, I've just gotten bored with the dead man gimmick, I preferred the American Badass gimmick)
-Otunga (LEARN TO WRESTLE)

That's all I can think of right now.

Verdammung
10-27-2010, 05:53 PM
A few things to bear in mind before reading my picks is that I don't watch WWE PPV's, my exposure to wrestling is pretty much just Raw and Smackdown, and I'm probably going to list people on Hiatus/Fired/Injured in the honorable/dishonorable mentions, so some of the wrestlers closer to rank 10 would be down under normal circumstances

10) Rey Mysterio - I'm not all that thrilled to put him up here, but I do like how much excitement he brings to his matches.
9) Cody Rhodes - He's improved a lot since Legacy, when he was just a mindless thug. He may still be mindless, but I find his gimmick entertaining and it's nice to see him showing off his in ring ability.
8) Dolph Ziggler - I'm definitely a fan of his in ring ability, I just wish his storyline didn't involve Vickie Guererro.
7) Kofi Kingston - It may be a bit markish for me to like him, but I like Kofi Kingston and I'd like to see him become a contender some day, because once again he's someone who puts on good matches on TV.
6) Jack Swagger - Kurt Angle rip off, definitely, but Kurt Angle is probably my all time favorite, so maybe if they'll stop jobbing him he'll be awesome.
5) Daniel Bryan - I was originally reluctant to put him on this list, as he's had only a few credible matches on TV, but from what I've seen I'm sold on his in ring ability and I end up rooting for him against most of his opponents anyways.
4) John Morrison - John Morrison is one of the few people who will put on a good match on TV, and if he can develop some character, people will be screaming for him to become a world champion.
3) The Miz - His in ring ability may not be at the level of his promo work, but I've seen him in some pretty good matches, such to the point that I feel he is the best candidate for a future world champion.
2) CM Punk - To me, it seems like he really hasn't been given a chance to shine in the ring lately, though I kind of felt his in-ring work was solid back when he was still on ECW. His promo work is phenomenal though.
1) Randy Orton - For me, he does it. I've been rooting for him since I got turned back onto wrestling while he was feuding with Cena in 2007. What I originally liked about him is that he was the perfect heel, as he was basically just a psycho who wanted to hurt people. Of course he is now an anti-hero (latin for face), but at least now he's booked as dominant as opposed to a coward who always finds his way out of legitimately winning. One thing that he still has is his in-ring charisma, as just about everything he does in the ring reflects his character.

Honorable Mentions
Christian - Definitely someone who deserves a world championship, even if he won't be around long to make us of it. Would rank him somewhere amongst John Morrison and the Miz.
Chris Jericho - Best in the world at what he does. Can have a good match with anyone and make them look good. Would rank him number 2.
Evan Bourne - I'm not sure where I would put him in the the top ten, but he would definitely be up there. I like his in ring ability, I think he needs some character before he soars though.
Kaval - I like his in ring ability, it's just hard for me to rank him amongst the top ten with the WWE jobbing him as hard as they are doing.
Alberto Del Rio - He definitely has the "it" factor, but until I see more exceptional matches with him, I'm not going to list him up there.

Dishonorable Mentions
David Otunga - You can't wrestle. Google that.
The Great Khali - आप सुलूक नहीं à¤®à¤²à¥à¤²à¤¯à¥à¤¦à¥à ¤§ करना । google है ।.

chaos75
10-27-2010, 07:11 PM
I can't think of a top 10, so I'll think of a top 5.

5. JTG. WWE seriously needs to use this guy, he's a good wrestler but I don't know much about his mic skills

4. Daniel Bryan/Dolph Ziggler. Since they both put on two good matches I'll let them tie for 4th

3. Cody Rhodes. His in-ring ability is great, he just needs to work on performing his Cross Rhodes move. Not happy about him losing tag belts.

2. Randy Orton. Great in-ring, although I feel his character is lacking something. Make him a full-flegged heel again.

1. CM Punk. What do I have to say? He was stuffing up his GTS earlier in the year but I think that's solved. Did you hear him doing commentary on NXT and RAW? I'd take him over Cole any day.

And yes, when David Otunga said those words to Cena and put his hand on his back I thought GAY, but then I remembered he was married.

NWOMyGawd
10-27-2010, 07:51 PM
And yes, when David Otunga said those words to Cena and put his hand on his back I thought GAY, but then I remembered he was married.

Could be a good cover.

chaos75
10-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Could be a good cover.

LOL
I forgot to add my honorable/dishonorable mentions

Honorable-Santino, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre (I don't care what you say)
Dishonorable- Cena (did you see his match last night on RAW and how much he stuffed up?), most Divas

Freder
10-27-2010, 08:19 PM
1. Daniel Bryan
2. Edge
3. CM Punk
4. Santino Marella
5. Undertaker
6. Kofi Kingston
7. Sheamus
8. Kaval
9. Dolph Ziggler
10. Evan Bourne (I'd bump him and put Jericho 4th if we consider him to still be with WWE)

Scottland
10-27-2010, 08:29 PM
2. Randy Orton. Great in-ring, although I feel his character is lacking something. Make him a full-flegged heel again.

Orton as a full-flegged heel got old & stale let alone he always played the cowards way of things & in the end lost. Keeping Orton as a heel would have been a mistake on many levels. A wrestler is usually only a heel to help get himself over with the crowd or to help get other guys over. Orton doesn't need help anymore as the guy has become literally the fan favorite nowadays & is the future face of the company. Now that he's a anti-hero type he plays a badass & just RKO's everyone in sight. This is what Orton should have always been & have that Stone Cold-like mentality. He's still a psycho in his own rights with his character but now he just attacks everyone not just faces.

The one thing they need to let Orton do is allow him to do promos more.

beer money
10-27-2010, 08:33 PM
1. edge
2. punk
3. jericho (dont care if hes not in wwe atm)
4. christian
5. miz
6. golddust
7. justin gabriel
8. drew mcintyre
9. kofi
10. morrison

Justdawg08
10-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Well I'm a Jericholic, but I left him off because I was using the rosters on wwe.com as sort of a list for myself to decide who I liked the most these days.

My list was just consisted of people that I liked to watch, not who I thought was a better wrestler. Just my personal opinoin on who I tune in to watch on the WWE.

Sheamus, I like him ... but he comes after the guys with honorable mention lol.

And the guys I said I didn't like (Taker, Edge) I respect them, but lately... I just havent been into watching them on WWE TV.

Bodom
10-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Well I'm a Jericholic, but I left him off because I was using the rosters on wwe.com as sort of a list for myself to decide who I liked the most these days.

My list was just consisted of people that I liked to watch, not who I thought was a better wrestler. Just my personal opinoin on who I tune in to watch on the WWE.

Sheamus, I like him ... but he comes after the guys with honorable mention lol.

And the guys I said I didn't like (Taker, Edge) I respect them, but lately... I just havent been into watching them on WWE TV.

Understandable. With Undertaker you either like him or you don't. Edge was horribly lost in the mix on Raw, hopefully now that Edge is back on Smackdown he'll go back to being the Edge that most people loved.

SportsFanBran321
10-27-2010, 08:43 PM
1. Randy Orton he is just that good
2.Triple H The game one of the best wrestlers ever
3.Undertaker The deadman the best wrestler right now if he can stay healthy
4.Kane the big red machine im glad hes has been reformed as the monster he is
5. Kofi Kingston One of the most exciting superstars but when is he getting a world championship
6.R-Truth My favorite wrestler great wrestler but cant rap. Give him a title shot!!!!!
7. CM Punk Even though he gets on my nerves he can very well wrestle
8. Daniel Bryan Great technical wrestler might be the next Chris Benoit
9.John Morrison Very atheletic and a great high flyer next great champ
10. Edge Rated -R Superstar i really use to hate him but hes a great wrestler and i hope he doesnt retire soon

Bodom
10-27-2010, 08:46 PM
8. Daniel Bryan Great technical wrestler might be the next Chris Benoit

You mean his dogs are in the enclosed pool area?

Scottland
10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
You mean his dogs are in the enclosed pool area?

No, I think he means he's going to kill his own family with wrestling submissions then hang himself.

Hey...at least Benoit cared about his dogs. I'm animal lover what can I say.

Bodom
10-27-2010, 08:52 PM
No, I think he means he's going to kill his own family with wrestling submissions then hang himself.

Hey...at least Benoit cared about his dogs. I'm animal lover what can I say.

Last thing he wanted was PETA cursing him

chaos75
10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
The one thing they need to let Orton do is allow him to do promos more.

They should also let Orton punt kick more. Out of the 3 people he's tried to punt recently (Sheamus, Cena and Jericho) Jericho had to be one to be punted.

Scottland
10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Last thing he wanted was PETA cursing him

lol...but seriously at least Benoit didn't let his dogs starve to death or do some kind of Michael Vick brutality s***. That just would have been awful.

But hey, Benoit is already in hell.

Scottland
10-27-2010, 08:59 PM
They should also let Orton punt kick more. Out of the 3 people he's tried to punt recently (Sheamus, Cena and Jericho) Jericho had to be one to be punted.

I would agree on more punt kicks. I would have loved to seen Cena punted.

Bodom
10-27-2010, 08:59 PM
I would agree on more punt kicks. I would have loved to seen Cena punted.

I'd watch two straight hours of Cena being punted every week.

Scottland
10-27-2010, 11:16 PM
I'd watch two straight hours of Cena being punted every week.

lol...maybe that's the trick to up ratings.