PDA

View Full Version : Return of the CW Division

Rilla
08-22-2011, 07:59 PM
I haven't seen it posted yet, so....

There has been discussion within WWE lately about the company looking to see what cruiserweight or light heavyweight talents are out there and signing them to developmental deals.

It hasn't been confirmed yet that WWE will be doing a full-fledged revival of the cruiserweight division but they are interested in bringing talents who fit that bill. The idea is that cruiserweights will give guys like Evan Bourne or Sin Cara someone to work with and would add a quality of wrestling to WWE's undercard.

This goes back to Triple H and changes he is making as he slowly takes over day-to-day control of the company.

Source: Lords of Pain.

A friend of mine also stated its on PWI, under the elite section I surmise.

GR81
08-22-2011, 08:01 PM
If we can keep Hornswoggle out of the title picture this time than I'm all for it.

Tommy Thunder
08-22-2011, 08:02 PM
I'll be very happy if this happens. The problem with the undercard though isn't the quality of the matches, it's the amount of time they're given. They need to allocate more than just 3 mins of time to work with.

68wPayne
08-22-2011, 08:03 PM
I am all for the return of the Cruiserweight division. If nothing else it would be a great curtain jerker match on a card instead of some piss poor women's division match. Evan Bourne, Sin Cara, Hunico (if he is allowed to stay on the main roster), Justin Gabriel, Epico, Xavier Woods, Peter Orlov

VanHooliganX
08-22-2011, 08:06 PM
The return of CW hmm.
Nice :)

Aslong as 85% of them don't end up jobbing bigger stars i'm for this.

Rilla
08-22-2011, 08:27 PM
The return of CW hmm.
Nice :)

Aslong as 85% of them don't end up jobbing bigger stars i'm for this.

..Your sig... LOLOL

And, I hope this takes off, Sin and Evan need something to do.

RagingBallsFTW
08-22-2011, 08:40 PM
It would be cool to see the Cruiserweight, or even the Light-Heavyweight title be brought back. Could help guys like Bourne, Sin Cara, Primo, and other midcarders in getting a push if not in the I.C/U.S title picture.

Black Mass Reverend
08-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Fuck. Yes.

thedominator92
08-22-2011, 09:00 PM
why not make the two mid card championships relevant again to start

BlazersDozen
08-22-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't think they need to bring in much more light weight talent. They have probably the best "little man" squad I've ever seen them have! Kofi, Bourne, Primo, Rey, Danielson, Gabriel, Kidd, Sin Cara plus some guys in FCW.

AOF666
08-22-2011, 10:16 PM
They are now trying to respond the X-Division.

TNA 'The very best'
08-22-2011, 10:34 PM
They are now trying to respond the X-Division.

Why not, it's the best thing TNA has, and WWE are finally realizing what people want to see.

LoGik
08-23-2011, 01:22 AM
they would probably need to unify or get rid of one of the midcard titles to give everybody airtime but this would be great to see!

tshizzy34
08-23-2011, 01:39 AM
Is this lord of pain website reliable? I have never heard of it which makes me uneasy tbh. I hope it's true tho I have been wanting the CW title back for quite some time now.

WPack911
08-23-2011, 01:47 AM
I would love a new CW Division with a new CW championship. I loved it back in day and with the solid crop of high flyers the WWE has now I am sure i would love just as much again.

Enforcer23
08-23-2011, 01:55 AM

There has been discussion within WWE lately about the company looking to see what cruiserweight or light heavyweight talents are out there and signing them to developmental deals.

It hasn't been confirmed yet that WWE will be doing a full-fledged revival of the cruiserweight division but they are interested in bringing talents who fit that bill. The idea is that cruiserweights will give guys like Evan Bourne or Sin Cara someone to work with and would add a quality of wrestling to WWE's undercard.

This goes back to Triple H and changes he is making as he slowly takes over day-to-day control of the company.

great... i really wanna see this happen it is something deffintly needed

Sahu
08-23-2011, 04:38 AM
Great!! We can have some good matches then!! Evan/Sincara will have some title to win!!!

Mr.PayPerView
08-23-2011, 04:52 AM
While I agree that the X-Division is one TNA's strong points, and the cruiserweight division was one of the strong points within WCW, it has never and possibly will never be taken seriously in WWE. I would like to see it brought back if WWE were going to be serious about it and unify the US/IC titles in order to give the lighter guys some credible air time. It was just a shame the last time when they brought in guys such as Kazarian, Psychosis, Super Crazy, Brian Kendrick, Paul London etc for them all to become jobbers.

The Brown One
08-23-2011, 05:53 AM
While I agree that the X-Division is one TNA's strong points, and the cruiserweight division was one of the strong points within WCW, it has never and possibly will never be taken seriously in WWE. I would like to see it brought back if WWE were going to be serious about it and unify the US/IC titles in order to give the lighter guys some credible air time. It was just a shame the last time when they brought in guys such as Kazarian, Psychosis, Super Crazy, Brian Kendrick, Paul London etc for them all to become jobbers.

Never been taken seriously? Dude people cheer for the cruiserweight wrestlers almost more than anyone in the entire WWE! And thats saying something, when you have the likes of Cena and Orton running around.

Dr. Death
08-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Yes the cruiserweight division needs to be brought back. In another thread about bringing championship titles back, this was brought up and a lot of people thought it was a horrible idea. Now everyone thinks it's a great idea. What's changed? Anyway, the WWE needs to do this in answer to TNA's X-Division, which is what a lot of people like to see now days.

Skycy
08-23-2011, 09:04 AM
So many people want the CW or the light heavyweight title back. And with HHH as COO i think this will happen.

But who do you want to see as the 'first' champion again?

Mine would be Evan Bourne.

Dr. Death
08-23-2011, 09:14 AM
So many people want the CW or the light heavyweight title back. And with HHH as COO i think this will happen.

But who do you want to see as the 'first' champion again?

Mine would be Evan Bourne.

Evan Bourne would be a good pick, but right now he is 1 half of the WWE/WHC tag team champions. If Bourne and Kofi remain Tag Champs, then I would like to see Tyson Kidd as the 1st CW Champ.

Jaws
08-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Who would you like to see brought in? I realize they have enough guys to make an excellent division already, but oh well. It's still fun to talk about. I vote for Paul London and El Generico.

cymru96123
08-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Who I would like to be brought in?
Simple.

Scotty too Hotty.

Rilla
08-23-2011, 05:43 PM
I read somewhere that Paul said he didn't want to go back to WWE.

They'll probably get some lucha people, maybe Jack Evans, as a lolololol

Tommy Thunder
08-23-2011, 05:46 PM
If he was still in WWE, I'd say Chavo should have been the first. But if the title is brought back, I think it'll be given to one of the younger guys. Bourne is a good pick IMO.

Jaws
08-23-2011, 05:48 PM
I read somewhere that Paul said he didn't want to go back to WWE.

They'll probably get some lucha people, maybe Jack Evans, as a lolololol

Yeah, given some of the interviews I've heard with him, I can see him not wanting to come back. I can dream though can't I? lol

HCollins-TNA1
08-23-2011, 05:49 PM
I hope to see it revived.....
Actually they had a chance when they had Low-Ki but overlooked it...
Just wonder what talent raids will happen if any from ROH, TNA and elsewhere????

beatfighter3000
08-23-2011, 09:43 PM
hmm this is pretty awesome, as it was talked about so much in a thread I previously made
The cruiserweight championship was what initially propelled the career of Rey Mysterio, who then went on to become a future world champion
so there is massive credibility with this title.
I ask myself this question occasionally, and I still cant come together with an answer, Why did they get rid of the title in the first place? It really does not make sense :/

I think they should have a similar set up to how they had in 2003
Where the divas title was contested on Raw [then known as the women's title]
and the cruiserweights fight it out on smackdown

This way they get their airtime respectively :D

evilgenius780
08-24-2011, 03:23 AM

I would love to see this, I was at the Smackdown tapings tonight and talking to my buddy about how I would love to see that division return.

On another note, I don't see Mistico lasting with the company, took 3 tries for them to get the ending of the match right, 3rd time I was pretty sure they switched it to ths Hunico guy to get it right. It was probably the saddest thing I have seen live.

K2Jelly
08-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Things are really looking up for the 'E.
-Extremely talented mid card
-The tag team division is gaining relevance
-Same with the divas division
-New champions
-Awesome feuds

And on top of all that, the Cruiserweight division will be revived? Awesome.