PDA

View Full Version : Rey Mysterio To Undergo Surgery!

FLWWEFan
08-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Rey Mysterio tweeted earlier this afternoon that he's received the MRI results on his knee and will need surgery to repair it.

"Buenas tardes. Siento mucho el tener que dejarlos sin mi presencia en el ring por UNOs meses! Sirugia8/26 le pido a dios qca la ultima!619!"

The above tweet says he'll be undergoing knee surgery next Friday (August 26th) and will be out several months.

Mysterio also tweeted:

"Sorry4 the let down! Promise to make it back as soon as possible!Gonna miss what I luv most-ENTERTAINING U's!619"

Automatic
08-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Too bad, I hope he has a speedy recovery and comes back.

SgtGohan
08-22-2011, 04:05 PM
and there goes that expected push they had for mysterio

Tech N9ne
08-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Unfortunate, but it could mean good things for someone like Kofi Kingston or Evan Bourne!

dres1214
08-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Isn't this his 6th knee surgery? I think its getting time to hang up the boots. Now we'll see what WWE will do. Hopefully someone will get a push now.

SgtGohan
08-22-2011, 04:13 PM
i think that push is going straight to the miz, since he is once again in high regards with vinnie mac

Rilla
08-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Hope Rey comes back in time, and is moved to SD, to start a feud with Sin and maybe even Hunico for Mania.

Wedge_00
08-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Miz is going to get a quick face turn- they ditch the fatal 4way for the WWE championship and instead probably go with Punk/Cena/ADR for championship unless they really work up this Nash thingy quickly, which means that Punk could depart the championship picture quickly for a high profile grudge match. Cena could easily join this angle too, allowing for a face miz to head up against adr..

jordan1995
08-22-2011, 04:49 PM
i want him to retire :)

kjell
08-22-2011, 04:55 PM
I really don't mind him taking a break. it's not like I want him to get injured, but if the spotlight is not on him it's a chance for somebody else to shine

Daffy Duck's Finest
08-22-2011, 05:12 PM
i think that push is going straight to the miz, since he is once again in high regards with vinnie mac

I don't know how they'll push him tbh. There seems to be no room for him in the Punk/Cena/ADR/HHH feuds (as adding him will make it more complicated).

With this being said, who could he face: Morrison again? Bourne? Kingston? I don't see how any of those people could elevate Miz's push.

As for turning him face, that doesn't make sense for two reasons: 1. Who could he feud with... Truth, and then eventually ADR. Personally I don't think that's worth a persona change... and 2. There's really only him and ADR as decent heels right now on Raw (Although you could class Truth as a heel, I believe he is too entertaining and liked to be a fully fledged heel)

So in conclusion, I see a mid-card feud until SS (Then maybe give him an interbrand Raw v Smackdown storyline). But hey, that's just my feeling!

Wedge_00
08-22-2011, 05:12 PM

I think that may have to be a real option sooner than later- he's often cited in interviews about how his knee's are so extensively damaged that he can't do a lot of his move set's anymore and often relies upon the 619 as a finisher now. I think it's his 3rd knee operation in the last 5 years? (Correct me if i'm wrong..) No matter what athletic field your in that's not great and most certainly be looking as a sign to consider to finishing up soon.

Let's hope that he has saved up well from all his Wrestling work because that can be incentive to retire on top rather then working out to pay the bills with damaged stuff.. Maybe in his downtime- depending on his physical abilities maybe he can work with Sin Cara and get him switching over to WWE style wrestling.. (Coaching, not physical working)

Rich Cranium
08-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Looks like Rey has a Undertaker like schedule. He wrestles for a minute, gets hurts, then comes back into the main event after a few months/ REPEAT.

Y2J___Y2J
08-22-2011, 05:27 PM
This means a big push for Sin Cara as WWE's only masked man..

Rich Cranium
08-22-2011, 05:29 PM
This means a big push for Sin Cara as WWE's only masked man..

Hunico may argue with that one.

thejman93
08-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Is it bad that I'm sorta happy about this? I never wanna see anybody get hurt but it'll mean a push for somebody.

wrestlingfan66513
08-22-2011, 05:35 PM
We need a both the Sin Caras to form a tag team. That would be crazy and help the tag division. But I hate that Rey gets injured when he is on Raw.

StevenT8481
08-22-2011, 05:35 PM
could honestly care less.

pauadrian
08-22-2011, 05:36 PM

yeah i want him top retire be4 its too late

Tommy Thunder
08-22-2011, 05:37 PM
MY LEFT KNEE!!

Too bad for Rey. But given a lot of the IWC hate him, I guess it'll be a nice break from him for those guys.
I hope Rey comes back stronger than ever.

thejman93
08-22-2011, 05:38 PM
We need a both the Sin Caras to form a tag team. That would be crazy and help the tag division. But I hate that Rey gets injured when he is on Raw.

Both Sin Caras dressed as Sin Cara? That'd be a little too TNAish dontcha think?

FLWWEFan
08-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer

The word making the rounds backstage at RAW is that Mysterio has been diagnosed with a torn ACL. He's scheduled to go under the knife later week and will be out up to six months. The knee was injured during a house show match with Alberto Del Rio several weeks back.

WWE.com issued the following statement:

Former World Champion Rey Mysterio confirmed on his Twitter account today that he will require immediate surgery after sustaining an in-ring injury.

Check back with WWE.com for more details as this story develops.

It's worth noting that WWE.com linked Rey Mysterio's actual Twitter account in the above post. This is something that they have not done in the past. It also deals with the fact that WWE is trying to incorporate more social media into their storyline angles as well as real-life injuries, etc. as evidenced by this. Keep in mind that Stephanie McMahon also recently took over as the head person in charge of WWE.com.

CobraNightviper
08-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Or they could try the twin magic thing they use with the Bella's wait a second isn't Hunico(the new Cin Cara) taller and got more weight than Mystico(the original Cin Cara)?
Both Sin Caras dressed as Sin Cara? That'd be a little too TNAish dontcha think?

CobraNightviper
08-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Yep it would be something tna would do.

thejman93
08-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Or they could try the twin magic thing they use with the Bella's wait a second isn't Hunico(the new Cin Cara) taller and got more weight than Mystico(the original Cin Cara)?

Yep. Hunico is a considerably bigger dude.

lykkekage
08-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Probably means Big Show will return soon ? To get another face on RAW. Maybe at NOC, in the Henry/Orton match.

maar13
08-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Poor dude can't catch a break.

This one was expected, after so many cartilage shots on the knee, at some point it had to give and yes it is his 6th surgery.

Hope he can really rest up and come back at least for a couple of years.

Now for people beliving that he can be easily replaced by Kofi or Evan, guys serioulsy, you are not looking at the whole picture here.

Yes Kofi has nice moves, people tends to get behind him, but if you thing Mysterio is not that good on the mic, Kofi is worse and people relate dbetter to Mysterio's arsenal, same goes for Evan.

Other stuff for the kids, is the damn mask, neither Kofi or Evan has a mask like Mysterio does, yes Mysterio is small like a child, can give you that but the damn Mask makes him look like a superhero, something that neither Kofi or Evan can accomplish by their selves, doesn't matter how flashy they get, Why do you think Sin Cara was brought in even with Kofi and Evan there? is not just the flying part, is the mystique of the Mask that make the little kids go crazy.

Y2Jryder
08-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Mysterio undergoes surgery, anybody surprised?

Y2Jryder
08-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Poor dude can't catch a break.

This one was expected, after so many cartilage shots on the knee, at some point it had to give and yes it is his 6th surgery.

Hope he can really rest up and come back at least for a couple of years.

Now for people beliving that he can be easily replaced by Kofi or Evan, guys serioulsy, you are not looking at the whole picture here.

Yes Kofi has nice moves, people tends to get behind him, but if you thing Mysterio is not that good on the mic, Kofi is worse and people relate dbetter to Mysterio's arsenal, same goes for Evan.

Other stuff for the kids, is the damn mask, neither Kofi or Evan has a mask like Mysterio does, yes Mysterio is small like a child, can give you that but the damn Mask makes him look like a superhero, something that neither Kofi or Evan can accomplish by their selves, doesn't matter how flashy they get, Why do you think Sin Cara was brought in even with Kofi and Evan there? is not just the flying part, is the mystique of the Mask that make the little kids go crazy.
Give Kofi a mask, that would be epic

el gabo
08-22-2011, 06:20 PM
or Evan can accomplish by their selves, doesn't matter how flashy they get, Why do you think Sin Cara was brought in even with Kofi and Evan there? is not just the flying part, is the mystique of the Mask that make the little kids go crazy.

True. sad thing is a couple of months ago I was really indifferent maybe because I've been watching him since his WCW days. Right now I think he was performing really good specially during the WWE Championship tournament. He became relevant once again and was actually glad he won the title. Just hope he recovers soon because I for one was enjoying seeing him wrestle lately.

The_Awesome_One
08-22-2011, 06:25 PM
I like Rey as much ass the next guy but enough is enough, he needs to retire before he does some permanent damage.

maybe 1 last match against Sin Cara at mania in a kind of passing of the torch match

Y2J___Y2J
08-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Hunico may argue with that one.

Maybe this will encourage them to bring him up as another masked character or the Sin Cara vs Sin Cara feud that's been talked about..

WWTNA Mark
08-22-2011, 10:09 PM
I hope he returns.

Iron Ape
08-22-2011, 10:13 PM
I hope they try sticking Hunico in Mysterio's mask. It would be both blatant and brazen, but also all kinds of funny.

tshizzy34
08-23-2011, 01:42 AM
I think Rey's career is going to be over sooner than later. I don't hate him but how many knee surgeries can you recover from know what I mean?

BOOKDUST
08-23-2011, 02:07 AM
im shocked that so many ppl here are talking bout rey like he buries talent. without rey most of the heels we have today would still not even be a little over.

The Brown One
08-23-2011, 05:50 AM
MY LEFT KNEE!!

Too bad for Rey. But given a lot of the IWC hate him, I guess it'll be a nice break from him for those guys.
I hope Rey comes back stronger than ever.

Completely agreed! I don't why why so many people hate Rey. Hes not another Cena-like figure, since he can wrestle well. He puts people over like Cena, and is unbelievable popular, so I don't get why all the hate.

silverine
08-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Agreed Rey Mysterio actually pushes heels and he's a face everyone can like.