PDA

View Full Version : Albero Del Rio/WCW

Chavo.G
08-22-2011, 05:44 AM
I have been following Alberto Del Rio since his debut on Smackdown. He comes across as an extremely talented wrestler that is in his prime and has every right to be where he is now. There is something else though that I notice about him. He has this WCW feel to him. He reminds me of somebody from WCW that I just can't put my finger on. I think that is why he is so talented, he is like a WCW veteren. Just some food for thought, didn't last years Hell in a Cage pay per view remind you of an attitude era pay per view. It had that sinister attitude era look and even some of the matches were pure class? I like to pick up on these small things as I usually rhink out of the box with everything, don't know if anyone else thinks like me too.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-22-2011, 05:47 AM
I have been following Alberto Del Rio since his debut on Smackdown. He comes across as an extremely talented wrestler that is in his prime and has every right to be where he is now. There is something else though that I notice about him. He has this WCW feel to him. He reminds me of somebody from WCW that I just can't put my finger on. I think that is why he is so talented, he is like a WCW veteren. Just some food for thought, didn't last years Hell in a Cage pay per view remind you of an attitude era pay per view. It had that sinister attitude era look and even some of the matches were pure class? I like to pick up on these small things as I usually rhink out of the box with everything, don't know if anyone else thinks like me too.

I don't know what you just said little boy but... you're special.

Dr. Death
08-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Alberto Del Rio - (Dos Caras, Jr.), has never been in the WCW, however he has competed in eight MMA matches, attaining six wins and only two defeats with seven overall wins coming via submission. In 2003 Japanese MMA organization Pride Fighting Championships against Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipović with "Cro Cop" knocking him out. The match lasted 46 seconds before Filipović hit Dos Caras, Jr. with one of his signature moves, the left high kick, and knocked him out. He trained with Marcos Rua and in the year 2000 fought in Japans MMA promotion DEEP. In his first match he demonstrated his professional wrestling background by executing a Belly to belly suplex on opponent Kengo Watanabe, a move that broke Watanabe's arm to end the match.

benchch
08-22-2011, 06:19 AM
Yeah I kind of get you. He does have a certain WCW feel to him, I can imagine him right now walking down that nitro ramp haha.

I gotta say I'm kind of disappointed with ADR since he moved to raw. When I first saw him on smackdown he immediately became my favourite but I just feel like he doesn't fit on raw. When he talks on the mic it's not as good as when he was arrogantly berating rey on SD and he's cut out a lot of his kicks since his move that made me love him. Shame :(

Chavo.G
08-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Haha I know it is a messed up topic to make as it sounds a bit fucked up but was just checking to see if anybody was catching my drift.

Russo swerve
08-22-2011, 07:38 AM
??????????

Enforcer23
08-22-2011, 07:42 AM
??????????

i dont normally agree with russo swerve but you got it right man ?????????????????

LordGrappler
08-22-2011, 07:59 AM
SILVER KING!

Look this guy up. Not an exact match, but this is the guy I think reminds the original poster of Alberto Del Rio (or the other way around). He was in WCW when the imported all the AAA Luchadores. Hope that helps.

jethro
08-22-2011, 09:15 AM
La Parka,chairman of WCW

or El Dandy

68wPayne
08-22-2011, 09:38 AM
SILVER KING!

Look this guy up. Not an exact match, but this is the guy I think reminds the original poster of Alberto Del Rio (or the other way around). He was in WCW when the imported all the AAA Luchadores. Hope that helps.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! I can totally see this

KingOrton
08-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Alberto Del Rio - (Dos Caras, Jr.), has never been in the WCW, however he has competed in eight MMA matches, attaining six wins and only two defeats with seven overall wins coming via submission. In 2003 Japanese MMA organization Pride Fighting Championships against Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipović with "Cro Cop" knocking him out. The match lasted 46 seconds before Filipović hit Dos Caras, Jr. with one of his signature moves, the left high kick, and knocked him out. He trained with Marcos Rua and in the year 2000 fought in Japans MMA promotion DEEP. In his first match he demonstrated his professional wrestling background by executing a Belly to belly suplex on opponent Kengo Watanabe, a move that broke Watanabe's arm to end the match.

He never said he was ever apart of WCW. He said that he has a WCW feel too him.

Bodom
08-22-2011, 10:02 AM
He never said he was ever apart of WCW. He said that he has a WCW feel too him.

What the hell does that mean anyway?

68wPayne
08-22-2011, 10:03 AM

I just thought it meant he reminded him of someone in WCW. WCW had alot of Mexican wrestlers so I'm figuring that's it.

kjell
08-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Just some food for thought, didn't last years Hell in a Cage pay per view remind you of an attitude era pay per view. It had that sinister attitude era look and even some of the matches were pure class? I like to pick up on these small things as I usually rhink out of the box with everything, don't know if anyone else thinks like me too.

It's been while but all i can remember is it was shit. was that were undertaker got light in his eyes? all i can remember is shit. Hell in a cell was a bad gimmick PPV. It should be reserved to end feuds. Like for instance if Christian/Orton feud went on to NoC it should have been Hell in a Cell match to end it with a bang

Bodom
08-22-2011, 10:15 AM
I just thought it meant he reminded him of someone in WCW. WCW had alot of Mexican wrestlers so I'm figuring that's it.

That doesn't explain what a "WCW feel" is.

68wPayne
08-22-2011, 10:30 AM
That doesn't explain what a "WCW feel" is.

...Mexican?

Bodom
08-22-2011, 10:36 AM
...Mexican?

Still don't get it.

johnnydropkicks
08-22-2011, 10:44 AM
maybe this is what ted dibiase is missing

KSTornado
08-22-2011, 10:49 AM
It's been while but all i can remember is it was shit. was that were undertaker got light in his eyes? all i can remember is shit. Hell in a cell was a bad gimmick PPV. It should be reserved to end feuds. Like for instance if Christian/Orton feud went on to NoC it should have been Hell in a Cell match to end it with a bang

Have to agree. Hell in Cell match was best used by Taker and Mankind. Ever since then it has turned into crap. It needs to be built up into the "holy shit" ending moments of a fued.

68wPayne
08-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Still don't get it.

hell I don't know, but I tried and that's what counts

FaceOfSpades
08-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Del rio vs the KISS Demon!

wrestlingfan66513
08-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Hell in the Cell was good before it was turned into a ppv. It just needs to take place at the end of a good feud and not at a certain time of the year. Also all I remember from last years ppv was flashlight urn.

the wrestling shade
08-22-2011, 12:57 PM
You do realise that there is not such thing as WCW veteran right? because most of the WCW veterans were Ex WWE veterans well except Sting but still WCW was built on Ex WWE veterans and a WCW feel would feel like shit to me because that what WCW was to me

thedominator92
08-22-2011, 01:19 PM
ADR reminds me of JBL with just a sprinkle of Mexican ;)

Daddyj1
08-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I think you get that WCW feel, because the WCW was the only place to see the Luchadors at the time. In order to see the Mexican stars you had to watch WCW. With Del Rio being a Mexican star, he has the same basic stylings as all the guys from Mexico.

GreatMuta4life
08-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Other than actually being Mexican, Del Rio doesn't remind me of the high-flying WCW luchadores at all. He has a decidedly old-school feel to his wrestling. I could imagine him doing a 60 minute broadway with Flair or the Funks back in the day. Not all luchadores use the same style. If Rey is El Santo, then Del Rio is Gory Guerrero.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4594/6qyioskdyl3.jpg

CobraNightviper
08-22-2011, 02:23 PM
What a wcw feel what ever that is.
maybe this is what ted dibiase is missing

CobraNightviper
08-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I agree he don't really remind me of the wcw luchadores either all of them wore masks.
Other than actually being Mexican, Del Rio doesn't remind me of the high-flying WCW luchadores at all. He has a decidedly old-school feel to his wrestling. I could imagine him doing a 60 minute broadway with Flair or the Funks back in the day. Not all luchadores use the same style. If Rey is El Santo, then Del Rio is Gory Guerrero.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4594/6qyioskdyl3.jpg

CobraNightviper
08-22-2011, 02:29 PM
What about AAA I use to watch that on satilite back in the 1990's.
I think you get that WCW feel, because the WCW was the only place to see the Luchadors at the time. In order to see the Mexican stars you had to watch WCW. With Del Rio being a Mexican star, he has the same basic stylings as all the guys from Mexico.

CobraNightviper
08-22-2011, 02:30 PM
And I still don't get the whole wcw feel I mean do you hear that crappy nitro music when he walks to the ring or what?

Rich Cranium
08-22-2011, 02:34 PM

I could tell you were a Mod and from Miami without reading your avatar when I joined because you had that Miami Mod feel thing going on. You need to work on your Black ninja feel though!

*Damnit, I am confusing myself!*

thejman93
08-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I could tell you were a Mod and from Miami without reading your avatar when I joined because you had that Miami Mod feel thing going on. You need to work on your Black ninja feel though!

*Damnit, I am confusing myself!*

Hahaha! Nicely handled Richie!

This thread is awesome BTW....

Chavo.G
08-22-2011, 02:59 PM
@Daddyj1, You are on the right track. Yes WCW was the place for seeing the Mexican wrestlers and the Luchadores. But I don't mean he reminds me of a Luchadore but someone that acts and wrestles like someone from WCW. His fighting style and also his gimmick, it's not your typical WWF gimmick, it's real WCW-ish, do you guys get what I mean? Also about Hell in a Cage 2010, it really does in my opinion remind me of an Attitude era ppv. It had Attitude era written all over it and even the Undertaker and Kane feud just topped it off. Like you know the Capitol Punishment ppv, it sounds Attitude era

Gold_Hardy
08-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I can totally see what u mean,he definatly has that wcw touch or je ne se quai.You guys,he means does he have that feeling of a wcw superstar,you know like Capital punishment seems like a ppv from the attitude era.

hystrix
08-22-2011, 03:19 PM
You do realise that there is not such thing as WCW veteran right? because most of the WCW veterans were Ex WWE veterans well except Sting but still WCW was built on Ex WWE veterans and a WCW feel would feel like shit to me because that what WCW was to me

I can't even begin to count the number of things wrong with this statment.

There were lots of guys that started there careers or had them take off in WCW. Not every WCW wrestler came from WWE.

Some of them worked for WWE in the past, but I wouldn't call Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Arn Anderson, DDP, Shane Douglas, Ron Simmons, Ronny Garvin, Sting, the Road Warriors etc... ex-WWE guys. Those guys got thier breaks in NWA/WCW long before they set foot in WWE.

I'll give you Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Nash, Hall, Waltman. But other than the NWO, WCW had there own guys... Shoot even Rey Mysterio got his start in WCW. He's spent a long time with WWE now, but he was a WCW guy...

jordan1995
08-22-2011, 03:28 PM

1. its hell in a cell
2.it was shit
3.wcw veteran...he reminds u of..sting.flair..hogan ? ..noooo

yeah great post :/

Chavo.G
08-22-2011, 03:37 PM
1. its hell in a cell
2.it was shit
2.wcw veteran...he reminds u of..sting.flair..hogan ? ..noooo

yeah great post :/
@Jordan1995, this is how you count: 1, 2, 3... not 1, 2, 2 you jordanian.

Chavo.G
08-22-2011, 03:43 PM
The Wrestling Shade doesn't know what he is talking about. WCW had many home grown talents and the talents they had from WWF were made into bigger stars thanks to WCW. @Gold_Hardy, you hit the nail on the forearm. You know exactly what I am talking about, you know what that WCW feel is like. It's like you can picture Del Rio walking down the Nitro ramp coming from the Nitro titantron. He has WCW written all over him like Hell in a Cell has Attitude Era written all over it.

BIGZrudypoo812
08-22-2011, 03:49 PM
OMG he is just saying he could see ADR on WCW Nitro, and i agree there are some guys that look like there would of fit in with WCW like CM Punk he would of fit right in with the Wolf Pack. and i could see ADR coming out as the Newest member of the NWO.

I respect this Thread, It made me think of guys in the WWE/WWF on WCW and some guys would of worked and alot of guy wouldnt

Chavo.G
08-22-2011, 04:21 PM
OMG he is just saying he could see ADR on WCW Nitro, and i agree there are some guys that look like there would of fit in with WCW like CM Punk he would of fit right in with the Wolf Pack. and i could see ADR coming out as the Newest member of the NWO.

I respect this Thread, It made me think of guys in the WWE/WWF on WCW and some guys would of worked and alot of guy wouldnt
@BIGGZrudypoo812 thank you. I respect your reply as it is much appreciated. I can see you also think out of the box when watching wrestling. I agree, Cm Punk would suit the Wolfpac. After the years of 98(WCW's decline in ratings), people can blame whoever, the real problem was that WCW needed a Cm Punk. Now imagine Punk(being the established wrestler that he is now) coming through the WCW titantron, starting something hectic, shaking up the foundation of WCW more than the in your face flaunting of the NWO.

kjell
08-22-2011, 04:53 PM
this thread is turning out great. how long untill someone is either hitler or stalin?

CrowOfMurders
08-22-2011, 05:33 PM

Punk would have fit well in Raven's Flock......which he did in TNA, no Punk was always "supposed" to evolve in WWE,i just wish he never toned down his moveset. Del Rio should reform the LWO with Sin Cara,Hunico and Mysterio,just rip all their masks off

CobraNightviper
08-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Exactly but for the two Cin Cara's to work the lwo storyline they would have to be named something else.

Gold_Hardy
08-22-2011, 05:51 PM
@chavo.g,I agree,I agree.this thread is very educational,im learning a lot.anyway ADR just needs to tweek his gimmick and he will do good.he should be a problem solver in the wwf.

AOF666
08-22-2011, 06:12 PM

I disagree he deserves where he is now. He boring and he doesn't generate heat. He is not the good in the ring. He is being handed everything to him on a silver platter because he is Mexican. He hasn't earned his spot at all, if he did that would be different.

Y2Jryder
08-22-2011, 06:17 PM
i dont normally agree with russo swerve but you got it right man ?????????????????

He normally is right actually

WWTNA Mark
08-22-2011, 10:15 PM
I agree man, he does have that old school heel persona to him.

Chavo.G
08-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Punk would have fit well in Raven's Flock......which he did in TNA, no Punk was always "supposed" to evolve in WWE,i just wish he never toned down his moveset. Del Rio should reform the LWO with Sin Cara,Hunico and Mysterio,just rip all their masks off

I agree, I agree. The only thing Del Rio needs to do after he looses his World title(just assuming he will) is start something fresh like the LWO. It will definetly prove my theory that Del Rio suited WCW. @Gold_Hardy the only gimmick that needs tweeking is you and that bias guy, Ted dibias. Ted Dibias has an extremely bias gimmick but I am liking his position that he is in now with Dashing Cody Rhodes. They making his gimmick less bias as time goes by.

tshizzy34
08-23-2011, 01:43 AM
HELL IN A CAGE? What ppv is that lol? And ADR just sucks, and god does he ever suck bad!

Markedoutforlife
08-23-2011, 02:53 AM
hell I don't know, but I tried and that's what counts

Is that what you say to ur gf when shes lieng there utterly dissatisfied?

Chavo.G
08-23-2011, 03:04 AM
Is that what you say to ur gf when shes lieng there utterly dissatisfied?

By the looks of things you don't have a girlfriend. 390 posts in 1 month!

Markedoutforlife
08-23-2011, 03:21 AM
By the looks of things you don't have a girlfriend. 390 posts in 1 month!

Sorry bud... And btw, chavo geurero is a fucking joke. Get off that marginally succesful benign tumors nut.

Chavo.G
08-23-2011, 03:33 AM
Oh wow I took that so personally. As I say to you and many other sheep, follow the herd with the rest of your 391 sheep.

By0nd_Perfect
08-23-2011, 04:54 AM
Haha I know it is a messed up topic to make as it sounds a bit fucked up but was just checking to see if anybody was catching my drift.

I'm not catching your drift. Sorry.

Sully
08-23-2011, 05:44 AM
As in WCW feel, you mean a bunch of washed up wrestlers who are running a company into the ground?

WWTNA Mark
08-23-2011, 12:01 PM

Don't worry man, I got what you were saying.

Gold_Hardy
08-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Chavo Guerrero has more talent than half of the wwes current roster put togethere,so watch wat u type.del rio is definatly better than that biast fool.

Chavo.G
08-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Sorry bud... And btw, chavo geurero is a fucking joke. Get off that marginally succesful benign tumors nut.

you are a faggot. Chavo should be undefeated at mania, undertaker has stolen chavo's spotlight. Chave guerrero is the true phenom.

Bodom
08-23-2011, 02:58 PM
you are a faggot. Chavo should be undefeated at mania, undertaker has stolen chavo's spotlight. Chave guerrero is the true phenom.

Cool it with this.

thejman93
08-23-2011, 03:02 PM
The stupidity in this thread is astonishing.

Markedoutforlife
08-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Wow dude, completely unneccesary and innapropriate. Are you through yet bromosapien?