PDA

View Full Version : TNA Needs To 'Cut The Cancer Out'

Brewer 314
08-22-2011, 02:22 AM
I found this to be an interesting read:

TNA co-founder Jerry Jarrett recently did an interview with PostandCourier.com and discussed TNA's current creative direction.

“Until they make radical surgical changes in creative, and unless they get some people who comprehend the wrestling business, they are doomed to be the financial drain on Panda [Energy] that they are now and have been since inception. The core of their problems is the creative development of their product. They have to cut the cancer out.”

Jarrett then referenced Vince Russo as the person he was talking about:

“I would deserve the label ‘stupid’ if I had made the decision to hire Vince Russo. But I made the horrendous mistake of yielding to my son’s (Jeff) wishes. He obviously has qualities that I don’t recognize or understand. How can a person who has a 15-year history of failure still keep a job?”

But anyway here's my 2 cents! My first thought was that Jerry must have been taking it upon himself to "vent" for the cynic portion of the company. But on second read his comments seem more direct and even somewhat personal in the direction of Russo, so yeah.

I'm all for Russo getting the boot but if that dude goes the executive writers need to go too. But let's not stop there, I mean the production of the show usually comes off just as amateur as does the writing does so the production manager probably needs to pack his bags too, and he can take some of the has-been and have-not wrestlers in the locker room with him.

My point is that I don't think Jerry Jarrett even made these comments out of concern for TNA because if that was the case he wouldn't have limited Vince Russo as the the only source of TNA's cancer.

I don't think TNA ditching Russo is the only answer.

BlazersDozen
08-22-2011, 03:31 AM
I think its a big answer though. Maybe the production is lacking because they only want to tie up a certain amount of coin into the product & figure they'd grab more viewers with names instead of high production rates. Either way, you take those big names with good writers & it'll increase viewers. Probably just firing Russo will increase viewers for a month just from people curiosity which means more advertisements & PPV sales which means more income which means more money into the company with which they can then decide to rent out arenas for tapings or focus on the production.

So IMO the answer is Russo & the writing team.

If its true that Sting has full control of his character, then I'd like to see what he can do as a writer. He has always been about getting the young guys over so I'd believe that guys like AJ & Joe would be a lot more involved in shows & the X-Division would be what it used to be. Plus he's been there forever & has respect of everyone in the lockeroom including Dixie & Jarrett.

Just a suggestion.

Brewer 314
08-22-2011, 03:38 AM
I think its a big answer though. Maybe the production is lacking because they only want to tie up a certain amount of coin into the product & figure they'd grab more viewers with names instead of high production rates. Either way, you take those big names with good writers & it'll increase viewers. Probably just firing Russo will increase viewers for a month just from people curiosity which means more advertisements & PPV sales which means more income which means more money into the company with which they can then decide to rent out arenas for tapings or focus on the production.

So IMO the answer is Russo & the writing team.

If its true that Sting has full control of his character, then I'd like to see what he can do as a writer. He has always been about getting the young guys over so I'd believe that guys like AJ & Joe would be a lot more involved in shows & the X-Division would be what it used to be. Plus he's been there forever & has respect of everyone in the lockeroom including Dixie & Jarrett.

Just a suggestion.

Right on, man.

I'd like to what the future holds for Sting as well.

jethro
08-22-2011, 04:15 AM
Only now Jarrett speak his mind after all this years of disappointment,should've let Russo go loooong time ago.The more people want Russo out the more Dixie wanting keep him hired.

BlazersDozen
08-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Only now Jarrett speak his mind after all this years of disappointment,should've let Russo go loooong time ago.The more people want Russo out the more Dixie wanting keep him hired.

I think it more shows how much power that Jerry J really had. Plus it seems like he was always out numbered by his son & Dixie about Russo

Also, on an offtopic little rant, I hate how people say TNA is the place for old WCW stars & WWE garbage. Wasn't TNA basically started because it was giving a place for the outcasts & people who were treated badly by VKM to work without making chump change? That's what it seemed like to me after starting up only a year after WCW was bought out & always having those type of guys. Also, they don't pick up WWE's trash. Up until Hogan & Bish started working there, TNA would always sign guys released by the E who actually had talent & were just simply not being used in WWE or misused. If anything, they were cashing in on WWE's mistakes which is smart. They also come with house hold names which helps TNA with bringing in new viewers. It wasn't until Hogan came that guys like Matt Hardy were getting signed. It used to be guys like Christian, Angle, Booker T, AJ Styles & so on. Not bad workers at all. I think after Hogan & Bish are gone, even if Russo remains, the show will get better because those other crappy workers will be out with them. I'm sure everyone in the back realizes how much of a failure it was. They get BASHED by legends, IWC & everyone inbetween since bringing those guys in so I have hope for TNA.

The Brown One
08-22-2011, 05:32 AM
Worst case scenario: We have to wait a few more years until Russos retired to see how TNA is without him.

steveorton
08-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Yea Russo is one of the problem but the guy who hires these WWE rejects is a next issue, I mean I understand fully why Tna hired Hogan it was just good for business but some of the rest, I'm jus sayin...

Russo swerve
08-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Blame it all on russo huh??? He cant turn shit into gold I wish he would leave tna and go back to the e

LordGrappler
08-22-2011, 08:05 AM
I have a theory that a plan is already underway. They wouldn't sign all those excellent "X-Division" stars for nothing, and it's really looking like Flair and Hogan will be done (sigh...maybe sting too) after Bound For Glory. If they all acted as mentor's + managers and took a back seat to the young talent, that would be a viable option after the big event hopefully closes their storylines.

K2Jelly
08-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Blame it all on russo huh??? He cant turn shit into gold I wish he would leave tna and go back to the e

I was wondering when you'd show up. lol
On topic: Russo is getting way too much heat for IMPACT's shortcomings, which at this point are very few. Immortal is barely involved in the main storylines anymore, the X-Division is getting featured more and we also get to see great matches in the BFG Series. The only problems now are the sudden face/heel turns and the lack of tag teams.

Bodom
08-22-2011, 08:23 AM
In other old news: USA landed on the moon, WWE bought WCW & Matt Hardy likes alcohol!

Dr. Death
08-22-2011, 08:49 AM

Russo has 15 years experience of FAILURE. Vince Russo is a giant ass and couldn't write to save his a$$. Sorry, I just do not like the way Russo has treated the talent at hand. Everywhere he has worked has turned into a flop until he was let go. He has never wrestled, don't care to learn the whole business and could care less about anyone else. However, Russo is not the only major flaw TNA has and will continue to have as long as Hogan, Bischoff, Russo, and that ditz Dixie Carter run things.

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
08-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Yea Russo is one of the problem but the guy who hires these WWE rejects is a next issue, I mean I understand fully why Tna hired Hogan it was just good for business but some of the rest, I'm jus sayin...

I get your point but remember Vince hired him & if he didn't decide to go to WCW i'd bet good money he'd still be with them

Russo swerve
08-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Tna will still suck wen russo is gone. I wonder wat the excuse yall will have afterwards.

Fan4Now
08-22-2011, 09:47 AM
In other old news: USA landed on the moon, WWE bought WCW & Matt Hardy likes alcohol!

LOL^^^^^^^^ but yeah Russo is 1 of 3 problems in TNA. You know the other 2.

Bodom
08-22-2011, 09:53 AM
LOL^^^^^^^^ but yeah Russo is 1 of 3 problems in TNA. You know the other 2.

Only 3 problems?

FaceOfSpades
08-22-2011, 11:41 AM
I challenge EWN to say 5 GOOD things about Vince Russo...

I remember someone saying he was responsible for something GREAT but with so much hate on him I can't remember.

the wrestling shade
08-22-2011, 12:09 PM
The problem here is Dixie Carter, I blame her for 50% of the trouble TNA is in, the whole mentality of letting people go dont apply to her. And she just think if she do it on purpose and keep Russo for the people are blaming him then she is not that good a bussiness manager, she rely a lot on her feelings and not being that profissional would evantualy destroy TNA .

maar13
08-22-2011, 12:38 PM

No way he is going back to the E junior.

Xpacfan
08-22-2011, 12:51 PM

Me either. For starters, I think they need to stop letting so many talented folks go like:

1. Petey Williams
2. Jay Lethal
3. The Young Bucks
4. Awesome Kong

And do a better job at pushing others like

1. Crimson
2. Gunner
3. Bully Ray
4. Velvet Sky

For the latter list, I mean push them to being champions.

maar13
08-22-2011, 12:52 PM
The problem here is Dixie Carter, I blame her for 50% of the trouble TNA is in, the whole mentality of letting people go dont apply to her. And she just think if she do it on purpose and keep Russo for the people are blaming him then she is not that good a bussiness manager, she rely a lot on her feelings and not being that profissional would evantualy destroy TNA .

Yes, Dixie is a big part of the issue, she has let herself being pushed by these guys, seriously, Hogan is a bs salesman and everyone knows it, same goes for Eric Bishoff, who whines and complains when things don't go his way. She let Russo there to take the blame becasue even with Russo gone, she knows that they will still have issues with TNA.

The thing is that she doesn't trust her own people, guys like AJ, Joe, that could be somethign good at the top, gett shafted by every singe big name the bring in and if not, there is always the safety nets named Kurt Angle and Sting to carry the World Title.

The ratings does not move much, so why not trust in your own? but if the rarting moves .02 she enters in panic mode, more than getting rid off Russo, she should re-evaluate the whole situation and See that Hogan s only good as talent and Boshoff has flaws as well as Russo.

wrestlingfan66513
08-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Me either. For starters, I think they need to stop letting so many talented folks go like:

1. Petey Williams
2. Jay Lethal
3. The Young Bucks
4. Awesome Kong

Kong left on her own and the Bucks quit. They got new X-Division talent with lots of potential so it makes up for the Bucks and Gail will return and Melina might come so that will make up for Kong. But they need Williams back.

Xpacfan
08-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Kong left on her own and the Bucks quit. They got new X-Division talent with lots of potential so it makes up for the Bucks and Gail will return and Melina might come so that will make up for Kong. But they need Williams back.

Yeah I know Kong and The Young Bucks left on their own accord but their reasons for doing so could have been handled better by TNA. I'm excited about the new X-Division guys too but it would be that much better if the guys listed were still with the company. The reason they are gone just aren't good enough reasons for me.

BTW, Melina is no Kong! She's too attractive...too small...and talks.

HeelTurn
08-22-2011, 01:21 PM
When will people learn TNA's problems are deeper than Russo, sure the guy needs to go, but if he did it wouldnt instantly put TNA on the same level as the WWE in terms of sales and ratings etc, it would still have issues that needed to be resolved.

FLWWEFan
08-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Russo is just one of the problems with that organization. They need a MAJOR overhaul in addition to Russo. Hogan's gotta go, Bischoff's gotta go and Dixie needs to get a f'ing clue about the business. As much $$$ as they're paying Hogan/Bischoff/Russo they could've gotten Paul E. to come in and take over creative. They actually would most likely be in a way better position then they are now.

jcagosto
08-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Fire Russo, hire Heyman. Thread closed.

Xpacfan
08-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Fire Russo, hire Heyman. Thread closed.

Oh if it were only that simple. "Hire Heyman" always sounds so good before he starts demanding everything done his way or he'll leave. Its always good for business to be a flexible person.

Necroyeti
08-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Heyman is rather overrated, in my humble opinion.

jordan1995
08-22-2011, 04:59 PM
i disagree with you so much :/

eboy
08-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Russo needs to get out of Wrestling and Russo Swerve i love ya dude but its true why has he hung around for so long when he couldn't give a shit about Wrestling

FLWWEFan
08-22-2011, 05:08 PM

Heyman>>>>Russo/Hogan/Bischoff and it's not even close.

Necroyeti
08-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Heyman>>>>Russo/Hogan/Bischoff and it's not even close.

Well, obviously, but he is still vastly overrated by the internet fans and the ECW mutants. I mean, let's not beat around the bush here: He ran a great company... that went bankrupt. After a lot of his top drawing names left for WCW and WWF, his booking failed to make any new stars. (Name five people Heyman pushed after 1999 who are still relevant) If his then-revolutionary vision and great booking ideas had become stale and trite by 2000, just imagine how they would go over in 2011. And let's not forget he was a writer (or the head-writer, I forget) for WWECW in its early days. (Name three people Heyman pushed in 2006 who are still relevant)

Also, several shoots and sources I've read has painted a picture of an absolute sleazebag and generally untrustworthy individual, so I also think the man himself and his reputation is overrated. Not that he's a minority in this respect, in this business.

I think if anybody can shake up TNA wrestling, it certainly isn't going be some old promoter from a generation ago. Russo couldn't. Ferrara couldn't. Bischoff couldn't. Cornette couldn't. What they need is someone fresh and new in creative, some kind of unpredictable element to take their chances with.

eboy
08-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Well, obviously, but he is still vastly overrated by the internet fans and the ECW mutants. I mean, let's not beat around the bush here: He ran a great company... that went bankrupt. After a lot of his top drawing names left for WCW and WWF, his booking failed to make any new stars. (Name five people Heyman pushed after 1999 who are still relevant) If his then-revolutionary vision and great booking ideas had become stale and trite by 2000, just imagine how they would go over in 2011. And let's not forget he was a writer (or the head-writer, I forget) for WWECW in its early days. (Name three people Heyman pushed in 2006 who are still relevant)

Also, several shoots and sources I've read has painted a picture of an absolute sleazebag and generally untrustworthy individual, so I also think the man himself and his reputation is overrated. Not that he's a minority in this respect, in this business.

I think if anybody can shake up TNA wrestling, it certainly isn't going be some old promoter from a generation ago. Russo couldn't. Ferrara couldn't. Bischoff couldn't. Cornette couldn't. What they need is someone fresh and new in creative, some kind of unpredictable element to take their chances with.

I Kinda agree i think heyman is overratted but also hope that should he Join TNA he could help them from a Buisness stand point

Necroyeti
08-22-2011, 05:53 PM
I Kinda agree i think heyman is overratted but also hope that should he Join TNA he could help them from a Buisness stand point
If he were brought in as a consultant or kept on a tight leash, I think it would be fine.

If he were given full reign and actually carried out his earlier proposed idea to "fire everybody over 40", it could be disastrous. (guys like Sting, Angle and even Hogan and Bischoff (for example) are obviously still money draws to the average TNA fan... I think firing them would alienate the current fanbase too much in a quest to find new fans) And he's been proven to be a terrible people person and even worse at handling finances.

AOF666
08-22-2011, 05:57 PM
I say get rid of Hogan and Bishoff first, see how things work.

WWTNA Mark
08-22-2011, 05:59 PM
I say get rid of Hogan and Bishoff first, see how things work.

It still won't work. Things sucked way before Hogan and Bishoff came to the scene.

Rassling_Fan
08-22-2011, 08:18 PM
If he were given full reign and actually carried out his earlier proposed idea to "fire everybody over 40", it could be disastrous. (guys like Sting, Angle and even Hogan and Bischoff (for example) are obviously still money draws to the average TNA fan... I think firing them would alienate the current fanbase too much in a quest to find new fans) And he's been proven to be a terrible people person and even worse at handling finances.

Angle and Sting I could believe, but the ratings since Hogan and Bischoff arrived hasn't changed from before then. And he'll be in control of the booking, not the financing. That'll be Dixie's doing. Russo isn't in charge of the financing either.

After a lot of his top drawing names left for WCW and WWF, his booking failed to make any new stars. (Name five people Heyman pushed after 1999 who are still relevant).

Never seen ECW until it's death, but I am looking on the internet... (http://100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/ecw/ecwhardtv.htm) (and here (http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/results/ecw/1999.html))

RVD...
Dudley Boys... (Ray and Dvon)
Taz

While there are others I could name, these 4 are the only ones on national tv still. So yeah, you're right.

Necroyeti
08-22-2011, 08:37 PM
The Dudleys and Taz went to WWF in 1999. I'm talking more about the Simon Diamonds, the CW Andersons, the Steve Corinos... the guys who carried the company in its dying days that weren't just old-guard guys like Rhino and Dreamer.

The only ones I can think of: RVD and Jerry Lynn. (MAYBE Corino, but he has more of a cult following than actual relevance)

And he'll be in control of the booking, not the financing. That'll be Dixie's doing. Russo isn't in charge of the financing either.
Yeah, I know. But he was in charge of ECW finances, and he did fuck them up royally. Not paying your wrestlers? Deplorable.

I actually don't know why I chose to bring it up in that post, it wasn't relevant to anything in there.

FLWWEFan
08-23-2011, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=Necroyeti;227133]Well, obviously, but he is still vastly overrated by the internet fans and the ECW mutants. I mean, let's not beat around the bush here: He ran a great company... that went bankrupt. After a lot of his top drawing names left for WCW and WWF, his booking failed to make any new stars. (Name five people Heyman pushed after 1999 who are still relevant) If his then-revolutionary vision and great booking ideas had become stale and trite by 2000, just imagine how they would go over in 2011. And let's not forget he was a writer (or the head-writer, I forget) for WWECW in its early days. (Name three people Heyman pushed in 2006 who are still relevant)

I think if anybody can shake up TNA wrestling, it certainly isn't going be some old promoter from a generation ago. Russo couldn't. Ferrara couldn't. Bischoff couldn't. Cornette couldn't. What they need is someone fresh and new in creative, some kind of unpredictable element to take their chances with.[/QUOTE

Heyman wouldn't be in charge financially so your bankrupt point wouldn't be a factor if he went to TNA.

Necroyeti
08-23-2011, 08:36 AM
It also went bankrupt because it had turned shit and buyrates dropped, you dumb dumb.

And to suggest Heyman booking WOULDN'T have any affect whatsoever on company spending.... you should probably hand in your smark card.

eboy
08-23-2011, 08:44 AM
If he were brought in as a consultant or kept on a tight leash, I think it would be fine.

i agree about the leash but also remember he didn't say get rid of everyone he said use them to either out over young talent in the Form of Sting & Angle but for guys like Hogan Flair Bischoff he said sign them up for events like axcess, Autograph signings merch ect

Bodom
08-23-2011, 09:13 AM

They're averaging one million viewers on Spike and only 8,000 PPV buys. What money is being drawn by "everybody over 40" ?

maar13
08-23-2011, 10:19 AM
They're averaging one million viewers on Spike and only 8,000 PPV buys. What money is being drawn by "everybody over 40" ?

That is a very good point. But truth be told is that you need established People to run a conpany, not an excess from them but at least a couple of them.

On the Heyman thing, He might be good, but he might also be a failure, why? sorry but he has been out of touch with Mainstream wrestling for years, he is a very intelligent guy but that is not guaranty, especially with the kind of demands he does if that is true.

Bodom
08-23-2011, 11:18 AM
That is a very good point. But truth be told is that you need established People to run a conpany, not an excess from them but at least a couple of them.

A couple yes, but they also don't need to be the focal point of every segment.

jcagosto
08-23-2011, 11:35 AM

Might be overrated all you want, probably not a good administrator ($$) either. But still Heyman > Russo/Bischoff.

Oh if it were only that simple. "Hire Heyman" always sounds so good before he starts demanding everything done his way or he'll leave. Its always good for business to be a flexible person.

You think that Eric Bischoff/Hogan/Russo don't do things their way in TNA?

maar13
08-23-2011, 02:42 PM
A couple yes, but they also don't need to be the focal point of every segment.

Yes, that is true.

eboy
08-23-2011, 02:48 PM

On the Heyman thing, He might be good, but he might also be a failure, why? sorry but he has been out of touch with Mainstream wrestling for years, he is a very intelligent guy but that is not guaranty, especially with the kind of demands he does if that is true.

um isn't wrestling problem that its not MainStream Culture anymore fuck Wrestling Mainstrem it needs to be Mainstream Culture

FLWWEFan
08-23-2011, 02:58 PM
It also went bankrupt because it had turned shit and buyrates dropped, you dumb dumb.

And to suggest Heyman booking WOULDN'T have any affect whatsoever on company spending.... you should probably hand in your smark card.

it turned to crap because wrestlers weren't getting paid and many were jumping ship dumb dumb. it's kinda hard to keep a small promotion up and running when the talent is leaving for a bigger paycheck not to mention a paycheck at all.

HCollins-TNA1
08-23-2011, 05:34 PM
I found this to be an interesting read:

TNA co-founder Jerry Jarrett recently did an interview with PostandCourier.com and discussed TNA's current creative direction.

“Until they make radical surgical changes in creative, and unless they get some people who comprehend the wrestling business, they are doomed to be the financial drain on Panda [Energy] that they are now and have been since inception. The core of their problems is the creative development of their product. They have to cut the cancer out.”

Jarrett then referenced Vince Russo as the person he was talking about:

“I would deserve the label ‘stupid’ if I had made the decision to hire Vince Russo. But I made the horrendous mistake of yielding to my son’s (Jeff) wishes. He obviously has qualities that I don’t recognize or understand. How can a person who has a 15-year history of failure still keep a job?”

But anyway here's my 2 cents! My first thought was that Jerry must have been taking it upon himself to "vent" for the cynic portion of the company. But on second read his comments seem more direct and even somewhat personal in the direction of Russo, so yeah.

I'm all for Russo getting the boot but if that dude goes the executive writers need to go too. But let's not stop there, I mean the production of the show usually comes off just as amateur as does the writing does so the production manager probably needs to pack his bags too, and he can take some of the has-been and have-not wrestlers in the locker room with him.

My point is that I don't think Jerry Jarrett even made these comments out of concern for TNA because if that was the case he wouldn't have limited Vince Russo as the the only source of TNA's cancer.

That was a interesting read.... Jerry Jarrett is a smart guy and know the business... I will agree Russo by his-self is iffy... he need someone who knows the business over him...
But for some reason it more then that why he voicing his opinion???
Maybe mix feelings for what has happen over the past 15 years???? From WWE taking over as the powerhouse in wrestling and remaining or what happen in WCW dying days??? to TNA in past 9 years....

I don't think Russo is all that bad esp if he has someone watering or mixing his ideas up... That the trouble as I have stated before wrestling lacks creative writers... until new writers come along we'll see the same thing...

Big_Wheel_86
08-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Well of course Jeff Jarrett wants Russo around. No one else is dumb enough to push Double J and give him a constant spotlight. I've never found the man entertaining, in the slightest. Russo doesn't seem to understand the difference between heel heat and an actual personal dislike for someone.

And yeah, Heyman is overrated. Not sure why people are so stoked on defending someone who cheated some of the best wrestlers of 90's out of countless paychecks which he gambled away. In my personal and humble opinion only, there's too much emphasis on the writer and the storyline; good wrestlers tell stories in the ring, by wrestling.

Brewer 314
08-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Well of course Jeff Jarrett wants Russo around. No one else is dumb enough to push Double J and give him a constant spotlight. I've never found the man entertaining, in the slightest. Russo doesn't seem to understand the difference between heel heat and an actual personal dislike for someone.

And yeah, Heyman is overrated. Not sure why people are so stoked on defending someone who cheated some of the best wrestlers of 90's out of countless paychecks which he gambled away. In my personal and humble opinion only, there's too much emphasis on the writer and the storyline; good wrestlers tell stories in the ring, by wrestling.

I might have said this already but the TNA product was at it's best when Jim Cornette was involved with it.

Yeah, JJ only seemed to get the belt when Russo was the one writing the script which is exactly why JJ followed Russo right on over to WCW.

JLeeDude1892
08-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Dixie has stated before that some of the idiotic things we see on TNA isn't even apart of Russo.

FLWWEFan
08-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Dixie has stated before that some of the idiotic things we see on TNA isn't even apart of Russo.

Yeah it's apart of her most likely. She's to blame for everything going on with TNA right now. Her stupid business decisions are why the company is in the shitter. Oh well though...

Automatic
08-24-2011, 04:56 PM
I think Dixie is the problem. Not Hogan, not Russo and not Bisschof. She has no abilities to succesfully lead TNA. Perhaps Dixie is the 'cancer of TNA'.

HCollins-TNA1
08-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Yeah it's apart of her most likely. She's to blame for everything going on with TNA right now. Her stupid business decisions are why the company is in the shitter. Oh well though...

How is the TNA not doing good????? Yeah they not doing to good, nor they aren't doing to bad... They doing good enough to survive... and making good business deals....
But where TNA and so does the WWE does lack in the creativity and creative control!!! Esp the build around secondary titles and other divisions at times...

Brewer 314
08-25-2011, 12:13 AM
How is the TNA not doing good????? Yeah they not doing to good, nor they aren't doing to bad... They doing good enough to survive... and making good business deals....
But where TNA and so does the WWE does lack in the creativity and creative control!!! Esp the build around secondary titles and other divisions at times...

Come on Collie, I know you watched that horrible program they threw out last Thursday.

It was hard to stomach watching Ric Flair make a fool of himself.

TNA isn't dying but the product is sure is.

FLWWEFan
08-25-2011, 01:36 AM

Let's see their ratings SUCKS, their TV program is unwatchable at this minute, they continue to spotlight guys like Hogan, Sting, Steiner, etc, people who have already been at the top for years now and guys who honestly a lot could care less about. Instead of giving guys like Samoa Joe a run at the World Title they're going with guys like Sting, Angle, etc the belt. Those dinosaurs don't need the title. And now the great Meth Hardy is coming back, so I'm sure he'll be elevated back to the top even after he showed up high or drunk up his ass the last time we all saw him and put himself and Sting in jeopardy of being injured by showing up like that and stupid TNA went ahead with the match even though Sting cut it short....thank God! That's why TNA is garbage. Unless it changes it will continue to be garbage and continue to struggle. They're not in the same league as WWE and never will be in the same league as WWE. Many have tried and all have failed. At least TNA got a clue when they seen the ratings when they went head to head with RAW and backed off, if they hadn't they would've folded already because nobody wants to watch that crap.

HCollins-TNA1
08-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Come on Collie, I know you watched that horrible program they threw out last Thursday.

It was hard to stomach watching Ric Flair make a fool of himself.

TNA isn't dying but the product is sure is.
Flair didn't make a fool of his-self.... Flair was just Flair....
Also Impact/ TNA is what you make of it....
Like I said they have weak spots in creativity as does the WWE...

HCollins-TNA1
08-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Let's see their ratings SUCKS, their TV program is unwatchable at this minute, they continue to spotlight guys like Hogan, Sting, Steiner, etc, people who have already been at the top for years now and guys who honestly a lot could care less about. Instead of giving guys like Samoa Joe a run at the World Title they're going with guys like Sting, Angle, etc the belt. Those dinosaurs don't need the title. And now the great Meth Hardy is coming back, so I'm sure he'll be elevated back to the top even after he showed up high or drunk up his ass the last time we all saw him and put himself and Sting in jeopardy of being injured by showing up like that and stupid TNA went ahead with the match even though Sting cut it short....thank God! That's why TNA is garbage. Unless it changes it will continue to be garbage and continue to struggle. They're not in the same league as WWE and never will be in the same league as WWE. Many have tried and all have failed. At least TNA got a clue when they seen the ratings when they went head to head with RAW and backed off, if they hadn't they would've folded already because nobody wants to watch that crap.

You got to look at their competition on Thursday night... The ratings been about normal heading into late summer into early fall...
Some may think it unwatchable.... and that the ones that probably don't really have any idea of TNA Impact and it's product..
How is Stenier in spotlight????? He isn't in the title picture exactly.... I can see Sting and Hogan being 2 of the character... Angle he's the best wrestler in the ring today... Samoa Joe it just a storyline, watch by late this year he will be in the title picture.. As for Jeff Hardy, some kids like him and his products sales, he deserve a 2nd or 3rd chance if he f's up this time hopefully he will get fired from TNA...
If you look at Raw ratings it showed the same thing as TNA's people is losing interest.. for about a month or so they was drawing big numbers as at or near 3.3....
In no way can TNA compete against the WWE Raw... I agree there.. TNA would need a stronger bigger network for such for one, and it very unlikely TNA would had folded then or now...

FLWWEFan
08-25-2011, 09:51 AM
You got to look at their competition on Thursday night... The ratings been about normal heading into late summer into early fall...
Some may think it unwatchable.... and that the ones that probably don't really have any idea of TNA Impact and it's product..
How is Stenier in spotlight????? He isn't in the title picture exactly.... I can see Sting and Hogan being 2 of the character... Angle he's the best wrestler in the ring today... Samoa Joe it just a storyline, watch by late this year he will be in the title picture.. As for Jeff Hardy, some kids like him and his products sales, he deserve a 2nd or 3rd chance if he f's up this time hopefully he will get fired from TNA...
If you look at Raw ratings it showed the same thing as TNA's people is losing interest.. for about a month or so they was drawing big numbers as at or near 3.3....
In no way can TNA compete against the WWE Raw... I agree there.. TNA would need a stronger bigger network for such for one, and it very unlikely TNA would had folded then or now...

Yeah Jersey Shore and pre-season football....PRE-SEASON football. TNA has had the same competition for years now and still hasn't moved from that 1.0-1.1 ratings. Maybe TNA should look into changing to a different timeslot then, especially with UFC on their way out the door they'll have their opportunity, let's see if they even make an attempt. I'm all for TNA becoming better, I actually may tune in again if they ever get their crap straight until then I'll just read the spoilers and laugh and the stupidity. I see they are finally putting Joe back into the spotlight after jobbing him out, that's a good start. I'm sure it has something to do with his contract coming up soon and TNA is doing everything to keep him happy. As far as Meth Hardy goes...they need to quit giving him chance after chance, the guy is just gonna F it up again both you and I know it.

HCollins-TNA1
08-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah Jersey Shore and pre-season football....PRE-SEASON football. TNA has had the same competition for years now and still hasn't moved from that 1.0-1.1 ratings. Maybe TNA should look into changing to a different timeslot then, especially with UFC on their way out the door they'll have their opportunity, let's see if they even make an attempt. I'm all for TNA becoming better, I actually may tune in again if they ever get their crap straight until then I'll just read the spoilers and laugh and the stupidity. I see they are finally putting Joe back into the spotlight after jobbing him out, that's a good start. I'm sure it has something to do with his contract coming up soon and TNA is doing everything to keep him happy. As far as Meth Hardy goes...they need to quit giving him chance after chance, the guy is just gonna F it up again both you and I know it.

I been saying that for years.... move everything to Tuesdays.... Maybe even do live shows if they move to another day??? Maybe have a 2nd show???? Move Impact to Tuesdays... maybe have a 2nd show for weekends??? Another place TNA lack is programming, with only 2 hours...
As for Jeff Hardy he will be Jeff Hardy.... if he f's up again I wouldn't be surprised.. also wouldn't be surprise he would take a offer to go to rehab via the WWE to come back to the WWE...

FLWWEFan
08-25-2011, 02:26 PM
I been saying that for years.... move everything to Tuesdays.... Maybe even do live shows if they move to another day??? Maybe have a 2nd show???? Move Impact to Tuesdays... maybe have a 2nd show for weekends??? Another place TNA lack is programming, with only 2 hours...
As for Jeff Hardy he will be Jeff Hardy.... if he f's up again I wouldn't be surprised.. also wouldn't be surprise he would take a offer to go to rehab via the WWE to come back to the WWE...

They'll never get a 2nd show with ratings like they've been getting. A hour one show on Saturday or Sundays I could see them going for but nothing more. I miss the good ol days when WWF and WCW used to have weekend tv programs. As far as Meth Hardy goes WWE isn't gonna want that headcase back even if he took the rehab. Dude's a mess. Rehab doesn't help everyone either just look at Scott Hall, WWE picked up the tab for his rehab and look how it went.