PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart is Outraged about ranking #4

THE_CRIPPLER
08-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Bret Hart had this to say in a recent interview about being Ranked number 4 on the 50 Greatest Superstars of All Time DVD

"I Beat Steve Austin every time I worked with him throughout my career and yet he he's graded above him, so figure that out. I could give you a list of 50 wrestlers and it would have credibility because I would have an idea but some guy that's working for WWE Magazine that makes it up frankly, he can kiss my ass, he doesn't know anything."

Bret Hart was ranked below Austin, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels.

I Think Bret Hart is one of the best wrestlers in ring without a doubt, his matches speak for their self.... But he is overreacting by being placed behind HBK, UnderTaker and Steve Austin... its a major honor being ranked near these men, Bret has one of the biggest egos I ever seen in prowrestling, Steve austin priases Bret everytime he is mentioned in his interviews, and to say Austin the biggest draw in wrestling history!! needs to be ranked below him cause he won all the matches against him? is just plain stupid and shows Bret Hart Understands the wrestling bussiness about has much as a 5 year old wearing a Cena shirt in the front row of Raw.

CMRyder
08-21-2011, 08:03 PM
To be fair to Bret that list was bogus.

FaceOfSpades
08-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Its really a toss-up. Every time these top 4 names are mentioned the word 'arguably' is rightfully used. For bret to get upset...I mean, why? He's #1 to a lot of the fans who are supposed to matter more. He really could have been ranked #11 or something and people would either accept it or not. And to say something about beating austin every time, he sounds like a 12 year old who just can't accept wrestling is pre-determined. Smh, and I love the hitman.

dres1214
08-21-2011, 08:07 PM
To be in the top 5 would be an honor honestly I don't know why he's so upset about it.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-21-2011, 08:07 PM
To be fair to Bret that list was bogus.

It is just a list....... Honestly if we are going by longevity in the main event and drawing Bret Hart wouldnt be number 4.....Bret is fantasic in Ring and i think one of or the best but Undertaker has been in th emain event for over 20 years and he is still loyal to the WWE and has become pop culture.... and Austin made the WWE a billion dollar company. they deserve their spots on the list.

Iron Ape
08-21-2011, 08:08 PM
The words "I beat" are missing from the beginning of that quote, and they're sort of essential as they paint the picture that Bret thinks scripted victories are a barometer for greatness. That, or he thinks wrestling is actually real.

wrestlingfan66513
08-21-2011, 08:08 PM
1. Shawn Michaels
2. The Undertaker
3. Steve Austin
4. Bret Hart
5. The Rock
6. Harley Race
7. Ricky Steamboat
8. Andre the Giant
9. Rey Mysterio.
10. Roddy Piper
11. Eddie Guerrero
12. Triple H
13. Gorgeous George
14. Randy Savage
15. Curt Hennig
16. John Cena
17. Ric Flair
18. Dusty Rhodes (Flair and Rhodes are actually tied for 17th)
19. Edge
20. Jerry Lawler
21. Lou Thesz
22. Terry Funk
23. Hulk Hogan
24. Bruno Sammartino
25. Chris Jericho
26. Ted DiBiase
27. Fabulous Moolah
28. Freddie Blassie
29. Randy Orton
30. Pat Patterson
31. The Iron Sheik
32. Jimmy Snuka
33. Mick Foley
34. Kurt Angle
35. Buddy Rogers
36. Gorilla Monsoon
37. Junkyard Dog
38. Billy Graham
39. Jake Roberts
40. Big Show
41. Jack Brisco
42. Sgt. Slaughter
43. Kane
44. Nick Bockwinkel
45. Jeff Hardy
46. Dory Funk Jr.
47. Bob Backlund
48. Rick Rude
49. Batista
50. Killer Kowalski

Here is the list for anyone wondering, apparently anyone involved with TNA got dropped some spots. Rey getting that high is crazy, and Jericho and Angle should be much higher. I would also put Owen Hart on the list just get rid of Batista. Also where is Sting.

Danielle20SxE
08-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Taker shouldn't be in the top 4.

jhorton1215
08-21-2011, 08:10 PM
5 Years From Now, CM Punk will be pretty high on that list

THE_CRIPPLER
08-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Its really a toss-up. Every time these top 4 names are mentioned the word 'arguably' is rightfully used. For bret to get upset...I mean, why? He's #1 to a lot of the fans who are supposed to matter more. He really could have been ranked #11 or something and people would either accept it or not. And to say something about beating austin every time, he sounds like a 12 year old who just can't accept wrestling is pre-determined. Smh, and I love the hitman.

The thing is.... its just a list, it isnt really offical... I dont see Hogan complaining cause he God Knows what number, or Flair Complaing, or The Rock complaing. Cena wasnt Ranked very high and he has been in the main event for 7 years striaght and he isnt complaining....... Bret is in the top 5, he is ranked over Flair, Hogan and the Rock he is in avery good place, why bitch cause the Greatest all around wrestler of all times Steve Austin is ranked higher.

thesubverse
Wow, Bret Hart being butthurt and taking himself too seriously? I've NEVER heard him do that before!

Danielle20SxE
Cena is before jericho? Lmao

FaceOfSpades
08-21-2011, 08:12 PM

See? An opinion. I disagree thoroughly but I'm not gonna pull a bret.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-21-2011, 08:14 PM
The words "I beat" are missing from the beginning of that quote, and they're sort of essential as they paint the picture that Bret thinks scripted victories are a barometer for greatness. That, or he thinks wrestling is actually real.

yup just fixed that... wouldnt make too much sence without the "I Beat" in there, Thanks.

FaceOfSpades
08-21-2011, 08:16 PM
The thing is.... its just a list, it isnt really offical... I dont see Hogan complaining cause he God Knows what number, or Flair Complaing, or The Rock complaing. Cena wasnt Ranked very high and he has been in the main event for 7 years striaght and he isnt complaining....... Bret is in the top 5, he is ranked over Flair, Hogan and the Rock he is in avery good place, why bitch cause the Greatest all around wrestler of all times Steve Austin is ranked higher.

Sheeit booker t aint even on the list. I may be wrong but I didn't see perfect either(?) I'll check when I'm done but point is, some good superstars didn't even make the list.

EDIT: didn't see perfect cuz it was curt henning. I'm at peace.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Cena is before jericho? Lmao

Jericho spend most his career in midcard and is considered a great worker and a great talker but not a true main event guy to carry the company..... say what you want Cena has been in the main event 7 years straight and drew much more money and attention than Jericho did and he also had some really great matches with his limited abilty..... its best all around Wrestler i assume and importance to wrestling.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Honestly Bret Hart has a Great legacy in the wrestling bussiness but i think in his retirment his ego is gonna tarnish his legacy

RagingBallsFTW
I guess Bret thinks he's better than Sting too since he won scripted matches against him. :p

ed is dead
hulk hogan is ranked number 23 nuff' said.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-21-2011, 08:21 PM
I guess Bret thinks he's better than Sting too since he won scripted matches against him. :p

Jerry Lawler does own more victories over Bret than Bret has over him so maybe Lawler should be number one.

WWTNA Mark
08-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Bret Hart really shouldn't be complaining. Seriously, Hulk Hogan drew more then anybody in the WWE and hes ranked 23. I don't even think Bret Hart should be #4 IMO. I'm a fan of Bret Hart but he takes the wrestling business way too seriously.

Y2J___Y2J
08-21-2011, 08:27 PM
I think he more pissed about the list being done by some random WWE magazine worker than anything.
From what I read it seems that he'd be cool about it if the list was done by a legend or VKM or someone on the level but not some random guy in the magazine

THE_CRIPPLER
08-21-2011, 08:29 PM
I think he more pissed about the list being done by some random WWE magazine worker than anything.
From what I read it seems that he'd be cool about it if the list was done by a legend or VKM or someone on the level but not some random guy in the magazine

Naa he showed he was pissed cause he was ranked Behind Austin and the dumb Comment about beating Austin in every match they had just shows it was a childish ego thing.

K2Jelly
08-21-2011, 08:30 PM
For Christ's sake.

WWTNA Mark
08-21-2011, 08:30 PM
The Rock should be ranked #2 and Austin should be ranked #1. Shawn Michaels is great but no way should he be #1.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-21-2011, 08:34 PM
The Rock should be ranked #2 and Austin should be ranked #1. Shawn Michaels is great but no way should he be #1.

Umm its best all around wrestler.... The Rock isnt no way the number 2 wrestler in history.... i mean he was ok in the ring but very light and had very soft looking matches... Rock was Great and all but number 2 is pushing it... Shawn and Undertaker are legendary and been in the bussiness for several years on top, they inspired so many wrestlers to be wrestlers and had some legendary matches........ and ill add Bret to that also.

FaceOfSpades
08-21-2011, 08:34 PM

True, but I'm sure he didn't pick the names out of a hat or something. Let bret had put the list together.
#5-british bulldog
#4-owen hart
#3-1986-89 bret
#2-1995-97 bret
#1-1989-94 bret
No dis to bulldog and owen but bret is full of himself.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-21-2011, 08:37 PM
True, but I'm sure he didn't pick the names out of a hat or something. Let bret had put the list together.
#5-british bulldog
#4-owen hart
#3-1986-89 bret
#2-1995-97 bret
#1-1989-94 bret
No dis to bulldog and owen but bret is full of himself.

naa Brets list would look like.

1. Bret Hart
2.Stu Hart
3.Owen Hart
4. Dynamite Kid
5.Mr Perfect

49. Ric Flair
50. Hulk Hogan

haha

WWTNA Mark
08-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Umm its best all around wrestler.... The Rock isnt no way the number 2 wrestler in history.... i mean he was ok in the ring but very light and had very soft looking matches... Rock was Great and all but number 2 is pushing it... Shawn and Undertaker are legendary and been in the bussiness for several years on top, they inspired so many wrestlers to be wrestlers and had some legendary matches........ and ill add Bret to that also.

If its the best all around wrestler, Shawn Michaels shouldn't be #1 then.

Also, Rock may not be a "technical wrestler" and all that jazz but come one, The Rock had the IT factor IMO.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-21-2011, 08:40 PM
If its the best all around wrestler, Shawn Michaels shouldn't be #1 then.

yeah but i think In Ring abilty and respect of their peers had alot to do with it also....... Rock was never known as a great worker... Hogan drew way more than Rock also... Plus Rock has always been the number 2 guy never 1.

FaceOfSpades
08-21-2011, 08:40 PM
naa Brets list would look like.

1. Bret Hart
2.Stu Hart
3.Owen Hart
4. Dynamite Kid
5.Mr Perfect

49. Ric Flair
50. Hulk Hogan

haha

I wouldn't mind or question perfect being at #5. Personal thing.

KingOrton
08-21-2011, 08:42 PM
1. Shawn Michaels
2. The Undertaker
3. Steve Austin
4. Bret Hart
5. The Rock
6. Harley Race
7. Ricky Steamboat
8. Andre the Giant
9. Rey Mysterio.
10. Roddy Piper
11. Eddie Guerrero
12. Triple H
13. Gorgeous George
14. Randy Savage
15. Curt Hennig
16. John Cena
17. Ric Flair
18. Dusty Rhodes (Flair and Rhodes are actually tied for 17th)
19. Edge
20. Jerry Lawler
21. Lou Thesz
22. Terry Funk
23. Hulk Hogan
24. Bruno Sammartino
25. Chris Jericho
26. Ted DiBiase
27. Fabulous Moolah
28. Freddie Blassie
29. Randy Orton
30. Pat Patterson
31. The Iron Sheik
32. Jimmy Snuka
33. Mick Foley
34. Kurt Angle
35. Buddy Rogers
36. Gorilla Monsoon
37. Junkyard Dog
38. Billy Graham
39. Jake Roberts
40. Big Show
41. Jack Brisco
42. Sgt. Slaughter
43. Kane
44. Nick Bockwinkel
45. Jeff Hardy
46. Dory Funk Jr.
47. Bob Backlund
48. Rick Rude
49. Batista
50. Killer Kowalski

Here is the list for anyone wondering, apparently anyone involved with TNA got dropped some spots. Rey getting that high is crazy, and Jericho and Angle should be much higher. I would also put Owen Hart on the list just get rid of Batista. Also where is Sting.

Sting never worked for WWE.

CULTOFPERSONALITY
08-21-2011, 08:44 PM
(Sorry, this became longer than I thought. Didn't know I had so much to say on the matter.)

Well, after seeing the list (thanks to wrestlingfan66513). I really don't get what Bret's all bent out of shape about. I mean look at that Top 5 as you have HBK, Taker, Austin, Hart & Rock. I mean I really don't get it with Bret. I mean many could argue The Rock should be above Bret. I mean seriously, there could be many arguments over who should be were in the pecking order. Bret is truly one of the greatest ever but look at the other 4 guys in the Top 5:

-HBK: Who is without question the greatest in-ring performer EVER! The man paved the way for so many wrestlers let alone the fact, he probably has more great & memorable matches than all 4 of the other guys combined. He has been involved in more new types of matches than any other wrestler. He created a stable that brought the term "attitude" into wrestling called DX. You also can't forget he stayed loyal to WWE throughout his entire career & did whatever the company asked of him.

-Taker: The man is truly a wrestling phenom & has stayed loyal with WWE throughout the majority of his career. He also arguably the most respected man in the industry.

-Austin: This man started an Era that could be easily defined as the greatest wrestling era in history. At one point, Austin was the biggest thing going on television to the point, that the NFL's Monday Night Football couldn't even compete with him & the WWF(E). Austin revolutionized an entire industry & carried it on his back for 3 1/2 years. Austin put WWF(E) mainstream & well into a pop culture phenom.

-Rock: This man could be arguably the biggest name ever wrestling has ever had simply because of his global star appeal & cultural impact into pop culture. Why Austin may have started the revolution of wrestling, it was The Rock who took it to a whole new level & brought in an audience that wasn't your typical wrestling audience as he was the other reason NFL's Monday Night Football couldn't even compete with WWF(E). Many could argue The Rock became bigger than Austin over time.

To this day, Austin/Rock era holds every record for wrestling in terms of ratings, buyrates, sellouts, merchandise & the list goes on. Vince even stated when Rock & Austin were on at the sametime ratings were at their highest ever.

Yeah...those 4 guys are hard guys to beat in terms of accomplishments. So, if I was Bret Hart...I wouldn't be complaining in the least. As all 4 of those guys could be named as #1. If you really want to look at it, Bret could be arguably the weakest out of the 5 in terms of accomplishments & achievements.

Daffy Duck's Finest
08-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Bruno Sanmartino that lower down. Along with Jericho.

Two that should easily be in the top 10 IMO

CULTOFPERSONALITY
08-21-2011, 08:51 PM
yeah but i think In Ring abilty and respect of their peers had alot to do with it also....... Rock was never known as a great worker... Hogan drew way more than Rock also... Plus Rock has always been the number 2 guy never 1.

That could be greatly argued.

FaceOfSpades
08-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks bret, for you accomplishments and this good ol thread, something to talk about on sunday night

jcagosto
08-21-2011, 08:59 PM
John Cena ranks higher than Ric Flair... go figure.

monctonvike
08-21-2011, 09:04 PM

without any anger i agree with this^^^^^^^^^^

68wPayne
08-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Ric Flair's WWE legacy really isn't the high point of his career so I can honestly see why WWE ranks John Cena higher than Flair. And Bret was a great in ring performer and in great feuds, but let's be honest Bret's opponent usually carried him through the promo portions of the feuds. Hart's promos were average at best

WWTNA Mark
08-21-2011, 09:08 PM
(Sorry, this became longer than I thought. Didn't know I had so much to say on the matter.)

Well, after seeing the list (thanks to wrestlingfan66513). I really don't get what Bret's all bent out of shape about. I mean look at that Top 5 as you have HBK, Taker, Austin, Hart & Rock. I mean I really don't get it with Bret. I mean many could argue The Rock should be above Bret. I mean seriously, there could be many arguments over who should be were in the pecking order. Bret is truly one of the greatest ever but look at the other 4 guys in the Top 5:

-HBK: Who is without question the greatest in-ring performer EVER! The man paved the way for so many wrestlers let alone the fact, he probably has more great & memorable matches than all 4 of the other guys combined. He has been involved in more new types of matches than any other wrestler. He created a stable that brought the term "attitude" into wrestling called DX. You also can't forget he stayed loyal to WWE throughout his entire career & did whatever the company asked of him.

-Taker: The man is truly a wrestling phenom & has stayed loyal with WWE throughout the majority of his career. He also arguably the most respected man in the industry.

-Austin: This man started an Era that could be easily defined as the greatest wrestling era in history. At one point, Austin was the biggest thing going on television to the point, that the NFL's Monday Night Football couldn't even compete with him & the WWF(E). Austin revolutionized an entire industry & carried it on his back for 3 1/2 years. Austin put WWF(E) mainstream & well into a pop culture phenom.

-Rock: This man could be arguably the biggest name ever wrestling has ever had simply because of his global star appeal & cultural impact into pop culture. Why Austin may have started the revolution of wrestling, it was The Rock who took it to a whole new level & brought in an audience that wasn't your typical wrestling audience as he was the other reason NFL's Monday Night Football couldn't even compete with WWF(E). Many could argue The Rock became bigger than Austin over time.

To this day, Austin/Rock era holds every record for wrestling in terms of ratings, buyrates, sellouts, merchandise & the list goes on. Vince even stated when Rock & Austin were on at the sametime ratings were at their highest ever.

Yeah...those 4 guys are hard guys to beat in terms of accomplishments. So, if I was Bret Hart...I wouldn't be complaining in the least. As all 4 of those guys could be named as #1. If you really want to look at it, Bret could be arguably the weakest out of the 5 in terms of accomplishments & achievements.
Agreed man. The Rock and Austin made WWE a monster it is today. Without those two, WCW would have been won the war. Like I said, The Rock should be #2 and Austin should be #1.

IrkenInvader
08-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Bret Hart had this to say in a recent interview about being Ranked number 4 on the 50 Greatest Superstars of All Time DVD

"I Beat Steve Austin every time I worked with him throughout my career and yet he he's graded above him, so figure that out. I could give you a list of 50 wrestlers and it would have credibility because I would have an idea but some guy that's working for WWE Magazine that makes it up frankly, he can kiss my ass, he doesn't know anything."

Bret Hart was ranked below Austin, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels.

I Think Bret Hart is one of the best wrestlers in ring without a doubt, his matches speak for their self.... But he is overreacting by being placed behind HBK, UnderTaker and Steve Austin... its a major honor being ranked near these men, Bret has one of the biggest egos I ever seen in prowrestling, Steve austin priases Bret everytime he is mentioned in his interviews, and to say Austin the biggest draw in wrestling history!! needs to be ranked below him cause he won all the matches against him? is just plain stupid and shows Bret Hart Understands the wrestling bussiness about has much as a 5 year old wearing a Cena shirt in the front row of Raw.

That should be a bannable offense you dumb motherfucker.

monctonvike
08-21-2011, 09:15 PM
that list is very silly sure you can't go wrong with the top 5 ie how is andre the giant like 16 spots higher hulk hogan his crowning moment was getting slammed by hulk of course there is much more to his career then that. why is mysterio in the top 10 and ahead of hhh ? no sting? no jake the snake but batista is there? ect ect

68wPayne
08-21-2011, 09:19 PM
That should be a bannable offense you dumb motherfucker.

Irk for Mod lol

dres1214
08-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Irk for Mod lol

i agree lol

Rich Cranium
08-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Bret is surely one of the best wrestling technicians ever but not so hot in the promo department which was probably used as a measuring stick for this list.

IrkenInvader
08-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Bret is surely one of the best wrestling technicians ever but not so hot in the promo department which was probably used as a measuring stick for this list.

Unless they count '*lights go out* *lights come on* Taker Chokeslams heel *lights off* *lights on* hes gone' as a promo Taker was never known to cut the best promos.

Androo
08-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Bret I think this guy's got alot more to complain about!!! An outrage ah tell thee!

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110405163237/prowrestling/images/f/f9/Horce_Hogan_4.jpg

luisalexander70
08-21-2011, 09:25 PM
stone cold >bret hart

68wPayne
08-21-2011, 09:30 PM
and dammit why is Abe Knuckleball Schwartz not on the list. Rabble rabble rabble

johnnydropkicks
08-21-2011, 09:33 PM
is just plain stupid and shows Bret Hart Understands the wrestling bussiness about has much as a 5 year old wearing a Cena shirt in the front row of Raw.

bret understood business well enough to know the Rock was good. without bret we might never have had the rock he would have been crushed under michaels and hhh feet.

and as for him complaining I don't think it's about austin. I think bret recognizes all what you said about austin. I think it's about undertaker and shawn michaels.

Daffy Duck's Finest
08-21-2011, 09:42 PM
and dammit why is Abe Knuckleball Schwartz not on the list. Rabble rabble rabble

^This made me lol, as all I can now think about is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fEjJ4Ecy9Q

Vegas
08-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Unless they count '*lights go out* *lights come on* Taker Chokeslams heel *lights off* *lights on* hes gone' as a promo Taker was never known to cut the best promos.

He may not have talked much but when he did he'd get the crowd pumped

IrkenInvader
08-21-2011, 09:47 PM
He may not have talked much but when he did he'd get the crowd pumped

So does John Cena's wrestling ability.

68wPayne
08-21-2011, 09:49 PM
^This made me lol, as all I can now think about is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fEjJ4Ecy9Q

I love Rabble Rabble Rabble, it's always and effective argument

Daffy Duck's Finest
08-21-2011, 10:18 PM
I love Rabble Rabble Rabble, it's always and effective argument

I like how you think, 68wPayne

FaceOfSpades
08-21-2011, 10:20 PM

Yea! What about the Gooooon? Or bastian booger?

ratedy2jayz
08-21-2011, 10:21 PM
This looks like the same list from the 50 Greatest Superstars DVD, and that list was voted on by the WWE superstars, so that may explain a lot.

68wPayne
08-21-2011, 10:21 PM
or Max Mini or Phantasio for that matter

GreatMuta4life
08-21-2011, 10:22 PM
The myth of Bret Hart has been a bit overblown. He's championed as being THE face of WWF in the early to mid 90s and carrying the company. While he was the main star, business was way down in the years that Hart was the man. It's just a fact. He's one of the greatest ever, but he should be damn happy to even be ranked fourth.

http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/funny-sports-pictures-use-the-force-ryan.jpg

mika009
08-21-2011, 10:25 PM
I've heard the interview, he's not making a big deal about it. He was asked if he that list was accurate, he said what he thought and they moved on.

FaceOfSpades
08-21-2011, 10:26 PM
or Max Mini or Phantasio for that matter

Doink the clown for honorable mentions!

AreYaSerious
08-21-2011, 10:28 PM
I think he's ranked very high. He will NEVER be as popular as Taker, HBK, or Stone Cold, I'm surprised he outranked the Rock.

Hannibal
08-21-2011, 11:00 PM
I didn't think I was the only one who thought he shouldn't be top 4.
Kurt Angle, Jericho, and Randy Savage should all be higher.

BlazersDozen
08-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Undertaker is overrated. He should be ranked a little higher than Triple H.

He has amazing matches but lacks promos & is probably only ranked that high because how long he's been around. When Austin & Rock were around, Taker & Trips were taking turns pulling up the rear of the main event.

I hate Shawn Michaels

Steve Austin should be number 1. Bret Hart is probably behind him because Austin could do it all. Bret could wrestle his ass off but couldn't do a promo to save his life.

I hate Shawn Michaels

Austin
Hogan
Hart
Rock

That's my top 4

tshizzy34
08-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Bret Hart shouldn't have even been in the top 10 so he has nothing to bitch about imo. However I do believe John Cena is way too highly ranked. No offense to him but way to high of a ranking.

68wPayne
08-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Bret Hart shouldn't have even been in the top 10 so he has nothing to bitch about imo. However I do believe John Cena is way too highly ranked. No offense to him but way to high of a ranking.

Whoa whoa whoa, how can you honestly say that Bret shouldn't be in the Top 10. He had some of the best matches in WWE

IrkenInvader
08-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Damn Attitude era marks.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Ric Flair's WWE legacy really isn't the high point of his career so I can honestly see why WWE ranks John Cena higher than Flair. And Bret was a great in ring performer and in great feuds, but let's be honest Bret's opponent usually carried him through the promo portions of the feuds. Hart's promos were average at best

You might be right but i see names like Harley Race ranked very very high and so is Dusty Rhodes and i dont think their embarrsing Runs in WWF is the reason they ranked so highly.... Race is in the top 10 and it isnt for his WWF run..... they without a doubt used wrestlers accomplishments from other promotions make this list...... so no it isnt just based on their WWF/WWE runs.... at least it dont seem that way.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-22-2011, 12:30 AM
I've heard the interview, he's not making a big deal about it. He was asked if he that list was accurate, he said what he thought and they moved on.

The whole point he was pin pointing Austin and saying cause he beat him in a wrestling match he should be ranked higher.... then he goes on and says who ever m ade that list could kiss his ass... its so dumb....... you think if Austin was Ranked below Bret Hart he act the same way? no way..... Austin did a interview for a upcomming book and he said the Greatest Champions based on in Ring abilty was a dead tie between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart. he didnt burry Bret Hart.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-22-2011, 12:33 AM
bret understood business well enough to know the Rock was good. without bret we might never have had the rock he would have been crushed under michaels and hhh feet.

and as for him complaining I don't think it's about austin. I think bret recognizes all what you said about austin. I think it's about undertaker and shawn michaels.

No if you read he says he should be ranked higher than Austin cause everytime they were in the Ring he always won.... Thats like Savio Vega saying he should be number one cause he beat Austin in a Strap match.... its a dumb argument.

Sully
08-22-2011, 12:34 AM
That interview most likely twisted his words a bit, you don't see many athletes giving two shits about where they rank on a list. Although looking at that list...why in the blue hell is Rey Mysterio number 9? Is that some sort of joke, unless it's referring to Rey Mysterio Sr, who also shouldn't be that high. Rey Mysterio, in NO way should be that high, he's above HHH, John Cena, he's above a lot of people who should be higher, He should be down near Batista and Jeff Hardy.

No way he should be that high...

I think Bret's position on the list is fine, but I agree that the list is complete shit.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-22-2011, 12:44 AM
That interview most likely twisted his words a bit, you don't see many athletes giving two shits about where they rank on a list. Although looking at that list...why in the blue hell is Rey Mysterio number 9? Is that some sort of joke, unless it's referring to Rey Mysterio Sr, who also shouldn't be that high. Rey Mysterio, in NO way should be that high, he's above HHH, John Cena, he's above a lot of people who should be higher, He should be down near Batista and Jeff Hardy.

No way he should be that high...

I think Bret's position on the list is fine, but I agree that the list is complete shit.

yeah I thought Mysterio being ranked over Hogan and HHH was ridcules...... I see Harley Race is number is in the top 10 so im thinking this list was made by WWE talent.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-22-2011, 12:48 AM
Ugh. It's a random list. I can make a random list too. My list will look totally different from that one and the guy who posts after me, his list will look totally different than mine. Accept it. NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME OPINIONS! And if my facts are correct the DVD is named: "The 50 Greatest WWE Superstars"... just because THE 'E owns the rights to WCW does not mean they're included. Booker T, Sting, and Flair were ALL WCW guys. Flair and Booker have had "meh" runs in WWE and Sting has never been there. Now if this list were "The 50 Greatest Professional Wrestlers Of ALL TIME" then, it would obviously look very different.

Either way, that's the list THE 'E wanted, that's what you got. Point blank. If you're not happy with it, make your own list.

jwt15
08-22-2011, 01:24 AM
The fact that edge, Cena, HHH, and Rey are ranked higher than Hogan, Flair, and Rhodes proves this list is nothing but shit

Sully
08-22-2011, 01:25 AM
Ugh. It's a random list. I can make a random list too. My list will look totally different from that one and the guy who posts after me, his list will look totally different than mine. Accept it. NOT EVERYONE HAS THE SAME OPINIONS! And if my facts are correct the DVD is named: "The 50 Greatest WWE Superstars"... just because THE 'E owns the rights to WCW does not mean they're included. Booker T, Sting, and Flair were ALL WCW guys. Flair and Booker have had "meh" runs in WWE and Sting has never been there. Now if this list were "The 50 Greatest Professional Wrestlers Of ALL TIME" then, it would obviously look very different.

Either way, that's the list THE 'E wanted, that's what you got. Point blank. If you're not happy with it, make your own list.

Opinions can be wrong. If you look at Rey Mysterio's stats, no way in hell that he'd be ranked at 9, above many others. It is just a list, but I'm just pointing out...opinions can be wrong.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-22-2011, 01:34 AM
Opinions can be wrong. If you look at Rey Mysterio's stats, no way in hell that he'd be ranked at 9, above many others. It is just a list, but I'm just pointing out...opinions can be wrong.

Would I put Mysterio @ #9? No. Would someone else, maybe. But the thing is, no, an opinion cannot be wrong. My opinion is that Jericho is #1, Roddy Piper is #2 and CM Punk is #3... am I wrong because I FEEL that way? No. It's not your place to tell me my own personal opinion is wrong. However, you can say what your opinion is.

The Brown One
08-22-2011, 02:17 AM
Would I put Mysterio @ #9? No. Would someone else, maybe. But the thing is, no, an opinion cannot be wrong. My opinion is that Jericho is #1, Roddy Piper is #2 and CM Punk is #3... am I wrong because I FEEL that way? No. It's not your place to tell me my own personal opinion is wrong. However, you can say what your opinion is.

Fuck no! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Brewer 314
08-22-2011, 02:39 AM

c o s i g n e d

The gripe Bret Hart has is legit though.

WWE's ranking is considered influential and legitimate (for lack of a better term) I mean WWE is pretty much marketing a dude like The Undertaker as better than Bret Hart.

No offense to the dudes in the top three but none of them were as fluid in the ring as Bret Hart was.....But wait maybe that's the problem, I mean there's more to being a "Superstar" than just being a great wrestler, so maybe that's why Bret landed where he did.

tshizzy34
08-22-2011, 02:49 AM
Whoa whoa whoa, how can you honestly say that Bret shouldn't be in the Top 10. He had some of the best matches in WWE

Who said anything about being honest? lol

tshizzy34
08-22-2011, 02:50 AM
Fuck no! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

100% Agreed Thank You!

HITMAN
08-22-2011, 03:17 AM
The best there is
The best there was
And the best there ever will be

AND THATS THE TRUTH
ENOUGH SAID

Sahu
08-22-2011, 03:25 AM
The list itself is a bogus one..Rey @ 9??

sincara
08-22-2011, 03:30 AM
5 Years From Now, CM Punk will be pretty high on that list
this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-22-2011, 03:32 AM
The best there is
The best there was
And the best there ever will be

AND THATS THE TRUTH
ENOUGH SAID

What did we tell you about smelling your own farts Bret? ;) Don't you have something better to do than be on the eWN Forums @ 4am? I'm sure I have Tammy Sytch's number here somewhere *pats pockets*

By0nd_Perfect
08-22-2011, 03:41 AM
That list is absolute crap tbh. Bret is lucky to even be in the top 10 let alone 4th in my opinion.

Sully
08-22-2011, 05:04 AM

The idea that opinions can't be wrong came from dumb ass teachers in the 90s and early 00s who coddled their students and made them think there was no such thing as failure.

Levels of intelligence can be demonstrated and proven in a variety of ways, so it's not really an opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, however context is important; I feel I am rather handsome, but if someone tells me I look like shit because my hair is all fucked up, I haven't shaved, my clothes are dirty, and I have BBQ sauce on my face, they are probably right.

Opinions can absolutely be wrong. That's always the go to excuse whenever someone gets thrashed and they have no retort. Like some guy not too long ago saying that Orton should be a jobber and Kane should be a main eventer. That's an opinion, and it's totally fucking wrong.

BelgianMMA
08-22-2011, 05:10 AM
I think it would be better if they stop making lists in which someone has to be number 1, or 2 or 3... or 47. They should make categories in which wrestlers get stars ( from 1 to 10 or so ). In that case you would have wrestlers like Brett Hart, HBK, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, etc... in the highest level with 10 stars. They are then ranked like they are equals and let the fans decide who they think is the better man. This way things stay open for personal interpretation and nobody truly is ranked as the best of the best, otherwise people are always going to disagree...

GR81
08-22-2011, 05:14 AM
These lists are so dumb. If they're going to make a list they should do it like the NBA did when they made their 50 greatest players list. Just name the 50 greatest without actually ranking them. Leave that part to us here on the internet with too much time on our hands.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-22-2011, 05:29 AM
The idea that opinions can't be wrong came from dumb ass teachers in the 90s and early 00s who coddled their students and made them think there was no such thing as failure.

Levels of intelligence can be demonstrated and proven in a variety of ways, so it's not really an opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, however context is important; I feel I am rather handsome, but if someone tells me I look like shit because my hair is all fucked up, I haven't shaved, my clothes are dirty, and I have BBQ sauce on my face, they are probably right.

Opinions can absolutely be wrong. That's always the go to excuse whenever someone gets thrashed and they have no retort. Like some guy not too long ago saying that Orton should be a jobber and Kane should be a main eventer. That's an opinion, and it's totally fucking wrong.

Again. No. You are stating your opinion concluded from fact. Yes, levels of intelligence can be proven in a variety of ways. Not in this matter though, basically, you're telling me that I believe there's no such thing as gravity, even though science says there is, means I'm wrong? No. It doesn, it actually means that the person may be an idiot but, that doesn't make him wrong. Case being, what if it really isn't "gravity" in the sense we already knew it to be that's keeping us floored? Science has been proven VERY wrong before. Wouldn't be the first time. But, that guys opinion could be looked at as 'wrong" until proven right. That is one context of intelligence being measured as an opinion.

When you referenced the messed up hair, BBQ sauce, etc... that's not opinion, it's fact. That would be a derivative of fact based opinion. Maybe that person could care less what he looks like. He's fine with his appearance. The rest of the world however may look at him as a slob but technically that's all a matter of culture. In some places, he'd be considered common. Only in major cities and America are "appearances" truly a problem. Go to a village in Africa and tell me that. It's only opinion based fact. Yes, they don't have much but, again just because you have a 52' flat panel television doesn't mean they're not happier than you. Again, opinion based fact.

Now when it comes to personal tastes and intrests, no, no one is wrong. I like vanilla pudding and pineapple mixed together, you may think its disgusting, that is your opinion based on your belief. My belief is that it's good. So in your opinion I'm wrong, in mine, I'm absoloutely correct. If that guy wants to think Orton should be a jobber, let him think it. You may precieve that to be wrong but in his context, it's right. One could argue that Orton only got where he is because of his looks and charisma. Just based on that he was catapaulted, doesn't mean he's good in the ring. Now, do I think he sucks in the ring? No. That guys does though, it doesn't make him wrong. That's messing with his beliefs. It's almost like telling him he shouldn't be Christian because technially Jesus didn't exist in the context he wants him to exist. There are many different ways to prove a point. Opinions can't be proven. Only facts can be proven. And even then facts can be proven wrong.

Sully
08-22-2011, 05:31 AM
When you referenced the messed up hair, BBQ sauce, etc... that's not opinion, it's fact. That would be a derivative of fact based opinion. Maybe that person could care less what he looks like. He's fine with his appearance. The rest of the world however may look at him as a slob but technically that's all a matter of culture. In some places, he'd be considered common. Only in major cities and America are "appearances" truly a problem. Go to a village in Africa and tell me that. It's only opinion based fact. Yes, they don't have much but, again just because you have a 52' flat panel television doesn't mean they're not happier than you. Again, opinion based fact.

OK...you're right. It is now a FACT that Rey Mysterio should not be ranked #9 on that list.

And I'm not telling you there's no such thing as gravity, I'm telling you that Rey Mysterio shouldn't be number nine on that list, which is a completely different story. You can't even try and say Rey has a chance of becoming a break out star, because the dude's old and he's getting injured way to frequently. He hasn't done anything compared to the people he's above, FACT.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-22-2011, 05:44 AM
OK...you're right. It is now a FACT that Rey Mysterio should not be ranked #9 on that list.

*Opinion Based.

An opinion based fact does not mean HARD fact. It's a fact based on your opinion of the matter. Hence, in your fopinion based fact, Rey Mysterio does not belong on the list at #9. But in Johnny's opinion based fact, he is #9. It's a matter of opinion VS opinion, neither is wrong in this context. It's like you telling me that my #9, Shawn Michaels shouldn't be #9 on MY list. He should be higher. It's MY list. I'll do whatever I want with it. You can either choose to disagree and accept the fact that we don't like the same things or, you can argue the fact until you're blue in the face and try to change my opinion on the matter but, it'll never happen.

Sully
08-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Ok..handle this paradox...It's my opinion that opinions can be wrong. Now what happens?

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-22-2011, 06:52 AM
Ok..handle this paradox...It's my opinion that opinions can be wrong. Now what happens?

That's your opinion.

steveorton
08-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Austin, Taker and Shawn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hart, I don't see why the fuck he's complaining, I'm jus sayin...

tittle97
08-22-2011, 08:36 AM
That's your opinion.

/Head explodes

good points guys

CrowOfMurders
08-22-2011, 09:14 AM
It's a list in a WWE dvd,Bret is still a company boy as far as i know, i think it's a work, just to raise interest in the dvd. Kind of a "ooh let me check it out and see if he really did beat austin every time, is austin really better?" kinda bs. Even Geriatric hitman isn't that senile yet.

Dr. Death
08-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Brett Hart was the best wrestler around in his day, so I see his point, but placing 4th in that list is pretty good.

the wrestling shade
08-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Bret is a deck!

maar13
08-22-2011, 12:11 PM

I am a Taker Fan, but if you see the list, that list is more for loyalty than anything else, If it were for Vince, Taker would be No. 1, but Michaels cannot be denied of being ahead, he was too good.

Also, yes the list is wrong and like Chrish Jericho said "Any list that has Hulk Hogan at 23 is bogus", yes it is a list tha tshows that people that made it had their own agenda.

jman
08-22-2011, 12:16 PM
They have rey above eddie and triple h thats pretty ridiculous, and jerry lawlers above people like hogan angle foley and loads more, i like lawler but he's not exactly done as much for wrestling in my opinion people may disagree

steveorton
08-22-2011, 12:35 PM
I am a Taker Fan, but if you see the list, that list is more for loyalty than anything else, If it were for Vince, Taker would be No. 1, but Michaels cannot be denied of being ahead, he was too good.

Also, yes the list is wrong and like Chrish Jericho said "Any list that has Hulk Hogan at 23 is bogus", yes it is a list tha tshows that people that made it had their own agenda.

So are you saying TAKER shouldn't be there. If so I strongly disagree, I'm jus sayin...

Eve's Arse No.1
08-22-2011, 12:42 PM
To be honest with those top 4 i think its hard to argue i would of had number 1 and 2 as Bret or Shawn BUT Austin has done soo much to wrestling and i would say 95% of fans of wrestling like the Undertaker.

But i dont get why he has to bitch about it i mean its not like Ric Flair or Hogan or Cena or Andre the Giant finished above him. Those 4 are legends in everyones eyes.

HeelTurn
08-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Bret behind HBK, Taker and Austin, I agree with, the rest of the list not so much.

68wPayne
08-22-2011, 12:47 PM
They have rey above eddie and triple h thats pretty ridiculous, and jerry lawlers above people like hogan angle foley and loads more, i like lawler but he's not exactly done as much for wrestling in my opinion people may disagree

Lawler was the biggest part of and at one time ran what was one of the biggest territories in the US Wrestling scene. And Hogan has never beaten Lawler in a match.

johnnydropkicks
08-22-2011, 12:50 PM
wins kinda don't mean shit.

WWTNA Mark
08-22-2011, 12:54 PM
wins kinda don't mean shit.

Tell the PWI this.

maar13
08-22-2011, 01:11 PM
So are you saying TAKER shouldn't be there. If so I strongly disagree, I'm jus sayin...

No, what I am saying, is as much as I am a fan of the guy, sorry but there is no way the Undertaker should be Number 1.

From History, you have that the two most influential guys the WWE has ever had, are Stone Cold and Hulk Hogan.

Yes the Undertaker is a great part of the history of the company, but was not one of the 2 most influential guys for the WWE.

If the whole list would have ranked based on loyalty and the success that came into that, yes the Undertaker should be Number one, why? because there was none more loyal to Vince MacMahon than the Undertaker, that is also why his is still in such high regard by Vince, because Taker give his all for the WWE even when he is broken.

To be honest with those top 4 i think its hard to argue i would of had number 1 and 2 as Bret or Shawn BUT Austin has done soo much to wrestling and i would say 95% of fans of wrestling like the Undertaker.

But i dont get why he has to bitch about it i mean its not like Ric Flair or Hogan or Cena or Andre the Giant finished above him. Those 4 are legends in everyones eyes.

Mostly because I think that on Bret's mind he considers himself the best that happened to WWE, wrestling wise. While Bret could Argue that he defeated Austin in every encounter (which is not true since Austin defeated him in the PPV after Wrestlemania 13 - Revenge of the Taker by DQ) The Austin phenomenon transcended mainstream in way Bret was never able to, is like what someone said about Hogan never able to defeat Lawer, it doesn't matter, while Lawer was a big deal in the territories what Hogan did transcended the Media and he became a phenomenon like no other, Hogan and Austin should be on top of that list and everyone knows it, even if am not a big fan of either guy, that is the cold truth.

HeelTurn
08-22-2011, 01:13 PM
No, what I am saying, is as much as I am a fan of the guy, sorry but there is no way the Undertaker should be Number 1.

From History, you have that the two most influential guys the WWE has ever had, are Stone Cold and Hulk Hogan.

Yes the Undertaker is a great part of the history of the company, but was not one of the 2 most influential guys for the WWE.

If the whole list would have ranked based on loyalty and the success that came into that, yes the Undertaker should be Number one.

Agree, in my opinion HBK, Austin and Hogan are all eligible for the number 1 spot, with Taker 4th and Bret and Rock just after.

CobraNightviper
08-22-2011, 02:10 PM
I rember an interview with Shawn Micheals where he said Bret thinks this is all real(wrestling)when he goes home he's still the hitman and I guess this just helps prove that.

Rich Cranium
08-22-2011, 02:24 PM
I rember an interview with Shawn Micheals where he said Bret thinks this is all real(wrestling)when he goes home he's still the hitman and I guess this just helps prove that.

You mean he wears the Sunglasses at home and his entrance music plays when he enters the front door?

mika009
08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Lawler was the biggest part of and at one time ran what was one of the biggest territories in the US Wrestling scene. And Hogan has never beaten Lawler in a match.

I believe Lawler is the only wrestler to have beaten Hogan, Savage, Flair, and Andre the Giant. Don't know how much that means though since he was part owner and booker of the company at the time.

Rich Cranium
08-22-2011, 02:37 PM
I believe Lawler is the only wrestler to have beaten Hogan, Savage, Flair, and Andre the Giant.

Wasn't he the booker? Nothing against Lawler but he was the man in charge. I will say the Lawler vs Andy Kaufman feud was brilliant!

mika009
08-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Wasn't he the booker? Nothing against Lawler but he was the man in charge. I will say the Lawler vs Andy Kaufman feud was brilliant!

Yeah, I was editing my post to put that in when you responded.

Gold_Hardy
08-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Bret is always getting screwed by wwe so not surprised.

Sully
08-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Bret is a deck!

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1828/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1828R-48103.jpg

krafty
08-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Bret hart should may the greatest technical wrestler ever...but a wwe superstar is different than a technical wrestler. Bret Hart was TERRIBLE on the mic...absolutley horrible. The iwc always gets in everyone elses shit for being bad on the mic yet bret hart is some type of idol who cant be touched.

With that said look at Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart... if hart is a 10 on the technical Angle is a 9.5 in the same category. But Angle's promo/mic skills are like a 9 and he has double the skill of Hart on the mic. Now if i would say that Angle is better than Hart (which i do believe) everyone would be pissed but take Hart on all aspects, hes not the greatest of all time or even top 5

AOF666
08-22-2011, 05:40 PM
I have to agree with Bret on this list. I don't care what anyone else says, Hulk Hogan is #1. Without Hulk Hogan nobody would know who the rest of the wrestlers on the list. Andre the Giant #2, without him Hulk Hogan couldn't of put Wrestling on the map. I would tie Austin and Bret Hart at #3, Austin Changed the way a face acts, without Bret Hart putting Austin over, he wouldn't be as big as he is now. Undertaker at #4 because he is the Undertaker. HBK at #5, he is one the best all around performer.

CobraNightviper
08-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Yeah probably and he thinks his wife and neighbors are other wrestlers out to take the wwf title off him so he attacks them and puts them in the sharpshooter because no one can get him to believe it's not 1995 anymore.
You mean he wears the Sunglasses at home and his entrance music plays when he enters the front door?

Y2Jryder
08-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Those lists are stupid, everybody has their own opinion about it. stop making those lists

Dr. Death
08-22-2011, 07:12 PM
I believe Lawler is the only wrestler to have beaten Hogan, Savage, Flair, and Andre the Giant. Don't know how much that means though since he was part owner and booker of the company at the time.

Lawler has never faced Andre the Giant in the ring. Andre was undefeated in his career until Wrestlemania III when Hogan beat him. Just saying...
I don't believe Hogan put wrestling on the map, more like McMahon put Hogan on the map. Anyway it's just a list and a list is just the opinion of the writer. No one should be upset about it.

mika009
08-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Lawler has never faced Andre the Giant in the ring. Andre was undefeated in his career until Wrestlemania III when Hogan beat him. Just saying...
I don't believe Hogan put wrestling on the map, more like McMahon put Hogan on the map. Anyway it's just a list and a list is just the opinion of the writer. No one should be upset about it.

Lawler has faced Andre. I've seen it. It was back in the 1970s. Lawler won by dq so I wouldn't call it a real win but they did face each other.

WWTNA Mark
08-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Bret is always getting screwed by wwe so not surprised.

Being #4 in the 50 greatest wrestlers of all time list isn't as bad as you think. Its actually an honor. Bret has no reason to be mad.

Iron Ape
08-22-2011, 10:15 PM
I'll never understand why anyone (Bret and fans alike) would get upset over anyone else's arbitrary rankings. This is much ado about nothing.

tshizzy34
08-23-2011, 02:07 AM
It's a list, that is completely 100% based on loyalty and opinion. Opinions are why this site exists right now. If nobody had an opinion then there would never be any threads started to discuss people's opinions so how about we stop this bs crying and bitching and understand that everyone has a right to their own opinion and stop bashing everyone's opinions mmmkay!

THE_CRIPPLER
08-23-2011, 02:46 AM
I'll never understand why anyone (Bret and fans alike) would get upset over anyone else's arbitrary rankings. This is much ado about nothing.

Well of course people will try to debate that their favorites are better than someone elses favorites.... or create a argument to show their opinions are superior then others..... its just a natural responce when you disagree especially on the internet.

Iron Ape
08-23-2011, 03:27 AM
Well of course people will try to debate that their favorites are better than someone elses favorites.... or create a argument to show their opinions are superior then others..... its just a natural responce when you disagree especially on the internet.
That might be a natural response for some, but not all people need to vainly attempt to establish some sort of superlative vantage point in regards to matters of subjectivity. I mean, opinions can be expressed without jockeying for position, and it's sort of beneficial in futile matters such as this.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Mostly because I think that on Bret's mind he considers himself the best that happened to WWE, wrestling wise. While Bret could Argue that he defeated Austin in every encounter (which is not true since Austin defeated him in the PPV after Wrestlemania 13 - Revenge of the Taker by DQ) The Austin phenomenon transcended mainstream in way Bret was never able to, is like what someone said about Hogan never able to defeat Lawer, it doesn't matter, while Lawer was a big deal in the territories what Hogan did transcended the Media and he became a phenomenon like no other, Hogan and Austin should be on top of that list and everyone knows it, even if am not a big fan of either guy, that is the cold truth.

That argument (not yours Brets) is full of shit is wrestling wasnt scripted that would count but it is so it counts for shit.

Hogan and Austin yes and NO Austin should be in the Top 5 of every critics list YES but Hogan did alot for the buisness in the late eighties and early nineties but has got fans and critics divided in their opinion of him. By your logic John Cena will be in the top 3 in ten years time and i do doubt that for the same reason Hogan wasnt.

In all honesty It has to of been Shawn Michaels im not a fan of this guy in real life BUT the guy has had the more memorable matches then any other wrestler ever. I mean the guy can fued with anyone and push that person to their limit both on the mic and in the ring thats why he has to be considered the greatest of all time.

This is very true it was conducted by WWE if they asked an independent party to list the top 50 wrestlers of all time it would be very different. This list will change the next time they do it and it will change the time after that also.

The only real way they could find out who the best ever is is if they do this:-

Merchandise Sales + Mic Skill + Technical Ability + Critics Vote + Fans Vote + Wrestlers Vote + Memorable Matches + Memorable Fueds + and so on and so fourth.

Its not like this is done by a league system of points they just took a few WWE employees to one side and asked them who they thought were the greatest. And lets be honest the top 4 were always going to be those top 4. Would of been very interesting to see where Bret would of ended up if he hadnt put the past behind him these last few years.

(Hell if they would of done this list 4 or 5 years ago wouldnt surprise me if Flair would of been in the top 3)

Y2Jryder
08-23-2011, 11:17 AM
People are arguing about this stupid list, epic

Eve's Arse No.1
08-23-2011, 11:19 AM
People are arguing about this stupid list, epic

Alot arent really arguing alot are making the point that this list dont mean shit.

belleza
08-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Oh em gee. Bret Hart was ranker number 4...ring the bells, start the sirens. Dude needs to seriously chill out, it's a freakin DVD, he overreacts to everything. I'm gonna come out and say right now that I dont like him, so sue me.

HeelTurn
08-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Hes lucky he reconcilled with the WWE or he would have had the Hogan treatment and be low down on the list.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Oh em gee. Bret Hart was ranker number 4...ring the bells, start the sirens. Dude needs to seriously chill out, it's a freakin DVD, he overreacts to everything. I'm gonna come out and say right now that I dont like him, so sue me.

Hes a hard dude to like at times. If i wasnt such a huge fan of his when i was a kid and if i didnt feel sorry for him like i do now id doubt id like him either

belleza
08-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Hes a hard dude to like at times. If i wasnt such a huge fan of his when i was a kid and if i didnt feel sorry for him like i do now id doubt id like him either

I think that's the issue..I didn't watch during his heyday, so I'm not in the best spot to judge. and I'm a Canadian...it's a baad baaaad thing for a canadian to dislike Bret Hart *goes and hides in shadows so no one yells at me*

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-23-2011, 11:44 AM
I think that's the issue..I didn't watch during his heyday, so I'm not in the best spot to judge. and I'm a Canadian...it's a baad baaaad thing for a canadian to dislike Bret Hart *goes and hides in shadows so no one yells at me*

It's only bad if you believe it to be bad. I watched Bret in his heyday. From Stampede all the way to WWF, and he developed into one of the most technically sound wrestlers ever. His attitude on the other hand well, he's a douchebag IMO. He called out Shawn for all of his antics when he was being just as much of a wanker as Shawn was but, Bret has this "image" (ego) about himself that MUST be true at all times. That unfortunately takes away from him to some.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-23-2011, 11:45 AM

Yeah the guy was excellent back in the day in all honesty if you look at Edge the careers are very similar started off in a excellent tag team in WWE then made the transition to singles wrestling very easily and was a very entertaining guy to watch in the ring. He did have excellent mic skill but the problem he had was he was an old fashioned wrestler in an industry that was changing.

Id recommend you watch Stone Cold Vs Bret Hart as that was his best singles match and Hart Foundation vs Nasty Boys feud as that was an excellent feud also.

And the whole story line with Owen was one of the bet feuds from the 90's

WWTNA Mark
08-23-2011, 11:52 AM
I bet he would've said nothing if he was #1 on the list.

WWTNA Mark
08-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Alot arent really arguing alot are making the point that this list dont mean shit.

Exactly. I don't know where people are coming from when they say people need to stop bitching about the list. I don't see anything bitching but people stating their opinions.