PDA

View Full Version : Barreta/Morrison

Y2Jryder
08-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi there,

I noticed that the IWC loves Morrison.
now I am fan of Barreta and I think he is much cooler than Morrison (entrance, excitement in the ring)
The 2 of them are both spot monkeys but I prefer a Trent Baretta deserves a push over Morrison.

What do you guys think of Barreta and do you think he is better than Morrison?

IrkenInvader
08-21-2011, 03:30 PM
I prefer Morrison because I know he can do great things but creative sucks at their jobs and won't let him be what he can be. Morrison doesn't get enough time to do more than the 5 moves of doom so people think he's just a glorified spot monkey. Totally untrue and if you think that then you sir/ma'am are a moron. Jeff Hardy is a glorified spot monkey.

Same thing with Bourne.

jordan1995
08-21-2011, 03:35 PM
i agree with u i dont like morrison and think trent is far better in the ring

FLWWEFan
08-21-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm not a fan of either to be honest but I would like to see Baretta get some better exposure and put over a little more to see what he can do.

Y2Jryder
08-21-2011, 03:56 PM
I prefer Morrison because I know he can do great things but creative sucks at their jobs and won't let him be what he can be. Morrison doesn't get enough time to do more than the 5 moves of doom so people think he's just a glorified spot monkey. Totally untrue and if you think that then you sir/ma'am are a moron. Jeff Hardy is a glorified spot monkey.

Really?
So if Morrison's career ends now you will remember him as the guy that can cut an amazing promo, or had an amazing title reign? Or you remember him as the guy who was really athletic and had some cool spots in certain matches? Just sayin'

K2Jelly
08-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Trent Baretta should be in the tag team division IMHO. He could team with Curt Hawkins.
Morrison has ALL the tools to be a main eventer including mic skills. And for those of you who claim he's a spot monkey, check out his ring work pre-2010.

FaceOfSpades
08-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Even THIS is a touchy subject!

jcagosto
08-21-2011, 04:20 PM
In the wise words of CM Punk: "YOU HAVE A VAGINA"

SESAfro
08-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Really?
So if Morrison's career ends now you will remember him as the guy that can cut an amazing promo, or had an amazing title reign? Or you remember him as the guy who was really athletic and had some cool spots in certain matches? Just sayin'
That sounded like you just proved his point. Since he didn't have enough time to actually do something, he can't be remembered for that stuff. Morrison has shown that he can do great things. The thing is, as Irken said, he just needs more time to do what he can do.

Even THIS is a touchy subject!
What isn't a touchy subject.

IrkenInvader
08-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Really?

He's never had a great title reign, is it his fault? Fuck no its Creative's.

Chavo.G
08-21-2011, 04:23 PM
John Morrison doesn't hold a candle to Trent Barreta. I supported the Dudebusters from day 1 and I thought they were going somewhere with them. Anyway, Trent has amazing talent. He is a true high flyer, he looked extremely charismatic in the Dudebusters, he just needs the oppurtunity to shine.

Russo swerve
08-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Trent barreta is a tag team guy at best.

AOF666
08-21-2011, 05:51 PM
The reason why Morrison never gone anywhere because he keeps screwing up his opportunities. He was giving multiple opportunities. In a tagteam he did well, but when he went singles, he couldn't do much on his own. Granted he is a great in ring performer and that is all he is. To go anywhere in the WWE, mic skills is more important than ring skills. The last couple opportunities he was giving, he kept screwing them up with personal issues.

Giddy
08-21-2011, 06:43 PM
I do like Morrison, but I think if Trent Barreta had a chance to shine, he would steal the show. He's talented in the ring, and charismatic.

IrkenInvader
08-21-2011, 06:45 PM
I do like Morrison, but I think if Trent Barreta had a chance to shine, he would steal the show. He's talented in the ring, and charismatic.

Most of the mid card would shine if given the chance,

Tommy Thunder
08-21-2011, 06:49 PM
I like Morrison and Barretta. Since Morrison is getting exposure, I can't really complain about him.
As for Barretta, I agree with K2Jelly, he should be in the tag team division. I'd like to see him and Evan Bourne team up, although they'd need a manager for promos.

IrkenInvader
08-21-2011, 07:06 PM
I like Morrison and Barretta. Since Morrison is getting exposure, I can't really complain about him.
As for Barretta, I agree with K2Jelly, he should be in the tag team division. I'd like to see him and Evan Bourne team up, although they'd need a manager for promos.

the mouth of the south Jimmy Hart.

Tommy Thunder
08-21-2011, 07:15 PM
the mouth of the south Jimmy Hart.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
I don't understand why WWE haven't utilized him in a manager role since he came back. He's one of the best managers ever, and he could benefit so many talents in WWE that are lacking in promo skills.

Giddy
08-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Most of the mid card would shine if given the chance, I agree. I'm entertained more by guys like Ryder, Barreta, Hawkins, and Primo then Cena and Orton. Yes I know many people say this, I'm new cut me some slack.

jcagosto
08-21-2011, 07:25 PM
IMO Morrison doesn't have any in-ring charisma, no mic skills either, and his in-ring skills are not enough for me to overpass this. The guy is not credible.

Bralon23
08-21-2011, 08:42 PM
@jcagosto is exactly right. Took the words right out of my mouth. Morrison has been giving plenty of opportunities to shine, but he's never taken the ball and ran with it because he's incapable of being a star. Creative can't make him more entertaining. The guy is bland and a spot monkey. I don't believe that it was ever written in the cards that Miz would be the most successful person from their tag team, but he stepped up. Morrison won't or can't step up. Quite frankly, he sucks.

Brewer 314
08-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Hi there,

It's bad enough that the term "IWC" even exists lets not start giving it the ability to collectively think, I'm sure some of these people have their own brains.

sincara
08-22-2011, 03:27 AM
baretta = goood
morrison = great

ELNIOJR
08-22-2011, 03:41 AM
Hi there,

now I am fan of Barreta and I think he is much cooler than Morrison (entrance, excitement in the ring)
The 2 of them are both spot monkeys but I prefer a Trent Baretta deserves a push over Morrison.

What do you guys think of Barreta and do you think he is better than Morrison?

http://www.artandartdeadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Entrants-must-be-a-part-of-an-accredited-art-program.jpg

wwe=awesome
08-22-2011, 03:56 AM
hahahahahahah your sig is boss!

ELNIOJR
08-22-2011, 04:24 AM
hahahahahahah your sig is boss!

Who's? Mine? Lol

BlazersDozen
08-22-2011, 04:55 AM
I haven't seen much of Trent so I'll reserve judgement but Morrison...wow...

He was good in MNM & he got less time to show his stuff there than he does solo, so what exactly does that say to the people saying he needs time to show his stuff. He has never been good on the mic. I've seen promos that start promising but then they just do a nose dive & splatter all over a side walk somewhere. I don't remember one match EVER where I walked away saying, "Wow...that guy is just...wow..." Morrison is overrated, plain & simple & I'm not surprised. Spot monkeys are usually the most overrated guys around & Morrison is no exception. When Joey Mercury shows more in ring promise than you, then I don't think you're all that great. (Yes I prefered Joey Mercury...sue me)

ELNIOJR
08-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Trent Barretta is a great athlete! Full of energy, great look, I love his selling, his moves. This guy should be on PPVs stealing the show with Cody Rhodes for the Intercontinetal Championship.

But then again...Cena and Orton at the Top, screw the real talents. That's how lazy and "Yes Man" WWE Creatives really are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhQTajXsoEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkLoZVmlauI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhRQV1U7WpY

The_Awesome_One
08-22-2011, 05:53 AM
slightly off topic but I think that Baretta is been used like Chavo was just to make people look good and therefore wont be getting a push anytime soon,

as for morrison I find him just plain boring even in the ring with all his 'flashy botches' I just dont care

Chavo.G
08-22-2011, 07:13 AM
It'll be extremely disappointing if Trent ends up like Chavo. Chavo was the ultimate underappreciated wrestler and will just be a pity if Trent ends up like that. He is an extremely dedicated wrestler and everytime he wrestles, it looks like he treats it as his last match.

steveorton
08-22-2011, 07:34 AM
He is not better than Morrison. Morrison has the look of a champion and that is why WWE will push him and not Baretta, I'm jus sayin...

hystrix
08-22-2011, 03:25 PM
He is not better than Morrison. Morrison has the look of a champion and that is why WWE will push him and not Baretta, I'm jus sayin...

Agree. I like Barretta as much as the next guy, but comaring him to Morrison is a joke...

jcagosto
08-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Morrison has had PLENTY of opportunities to shine and show us what his made off. He came off short every single time. He just can't make people believe, period. I gave up all hope in him when he returned to beat R-Truth, that was weak as hell. There's a reason why Miz is in a better position than him right know, Miz stepped up.

As far as Barretta goes the guy is very talented, I hope he gets the opportunities that Morrison has got, and that he makes the best out of them.

CobraNightviper
08-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Well I don't know about Barretta yet but I can rember back when Miz and Morrison were a team I thought Morrison was going to be the Shawn Micheals(Rockers refrence)of the team boy was I wrong.

el gabo
08-22-2011, 06:30 PM

Same thing with Bourne.

Bourne is actually very entertaining and a much better wrestler than you're giving him credit. I used to think the same as you until I saw him wrestle in a live show, he was honestly the 2nd or 3rd best that night (Jericho being #1.) Creative doesn't let the man do more than several kicks to the leg and a knee to head. Give him a chance. He's good.

WWTNA Mark
08-22-2011, 10:24 PM
The Dude Busters could have been a great tag team in WWE if they were actually given a chance. Its a shame they released Croft.

Gold_Hardy
08-23-2011, 01:19 PM
@chavo.g i agree,i agree.