PDA

View Full Version : Big Rumor: Team Punk vs Team HHH at Survivor Series

KingOrton
08-21-2011, 12:18 PM
- Word going around at Tuesday’s WWE tapings was that creative has discussed popping the big CM Punk storyline at Survivor Series with CM Punk and Colt Cabana’s team taking on Triple H and Kevin Nash’s team. One idea was thrown to have Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli on Team Punk.
WWE is looking to keep the Punk and Triple H storyline going through the fall to help against Monday Night Football competition.
Source: Wrestlenewz

I personally like this idea. Especially if team Punk is Colt, and KOW. That would kick ass.

Thoughts?

Rilla
08-21-2011, 12:20 PM
That would be... amazing.

capn-edu
08-21-2011, 12:21 PM
dude this sounds amazing
who would you think the other members would be?
luke gallows? nexus? some random guys? Ryder?
or will it be a stupid 5 on 5 instead of an amazing 7 on 7

thedominator92
08-21-2011, 12:21 PM
C4 FTW! winnning

tad locust
08-21-2011, 12:25 PM
I'd rather have Punk face HHH for the WWE Title but this is a decent idea.

Tommy Thunder
08-21-2011, 12:28 PM
This sounds awesome!! If team Punk consists of all the former ROH guys (KOW, Tyler Black etc) I'll be marking out!!

thejman93
08-21-2011, 12:29 PM
So C4 vs. Trips, Sexy, ADR and......who?

Robareid
08-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Who would team HHH be? HHH, Nash and who else?

Rilla
08-21-2011, 12:35 PM
ADR maybe,

Miz and truth would be good, if they weren't against HHH

Tommy Thunder
08-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Waltman at a push? If WWE clear him to wrestle?

KingOrton
08-21-2011, 12:39 PM
If it's

7 vs 7
- CM Punk
- Colt Cabana
- KOW
- Seth Rollins
- Luke Gallows
- Chris Masters (Its a option)

5 vs 5

- CM Punk
- Colt Cabana
- KOW
- Gallows or Rollins

As for HHH team I would say:

- HHH
- Nash
- ADR
- Other people (No clue) lol

Robareid
08-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Maybe even Shawn back for a match, The Kliq (HHH,Michaels,Nash,Waltman) vs. C4

thejman93
08-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Maybe even Shawn back for a match, The Kliq (HHH,Michaels,Nash,Waltman) vs. C4

If Pac can still go, that'd be awesome. Highly unlikely, but awesome.

AOF666
08-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Maybe it might a good idea, if they can keep the story interesting. It seems like everything is being rushed for the next PPV and not letting the story develope. This is where WWE can screw it up and people get tired of the feud.

Rilla
08-21-2011, 01:12 PM
How to introduce Punk's team:

Punk walks to the ring after HHH"s team is introduced. maybe cut a promo foreshadowing them, or just sitting on the turnbuckle, smirking.

CoP hits again, out comes Colt Cabana, KOW, and Rollins.

Or, they come out 1 by 1(2 in case of KOW), with Punk introducing them.

Robareid
08-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Maybe it might a good idea, if they can keep the story interesting. It seems like everything is being rushed for the next PPV and not letting the story develope. This is where WWE can screw it up and people get tired of the feud.

The way I see it nothing is being rushed. Survivor Series is three PPVs away I think

evilash
08-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Awesome idea! Hope the WWE actually go through with it though. As we know, Col Cabana (as Colt Cabana and not 'Scotty Goldman'...thank god) has been wrestling dark matches for WWE, and has actually won a couple of matches. Seem CM Punk finally has some influence on management...

Hopefully that match will be an 8-Man Tag Match - CM Punk, Colt Cabana and the Kings of Wrestling versus Triple H (though, not sure he'd wrestle to further play off the COO role) Kevin Nash, and WWE Tag Team Champions David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty.

The reason I think the WWE Tag Team Champions will be included is because 1: they are being pushed as a legit tag team on TV. 2: They are former assosiates of CM Punk ala New Nexus, which would make sense 3: Great way to put the Kings of Wrestling into a feud with them.

Team Punk: CM Punk, Colt Cabana and the Kings of Wrestlings (making their debut) vs. Team Triple H: Triple H, Kevin Nash and the WWE Tag Team Champions David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty.

Kincaid
08-21-2011, 01:32 PM
No way. Never Happen. Not in a million years. The IWC, me included, would love to see some ROH invasion style team but it's HIGHLY unlikely. Team Punk will consist of some stale, loosely thrown together wrestlers like Kofi and by then a FACE Dolph Ziggler or Miz. WWE audiences like what's familiar. Punk SAID ROH and we think a ROH storyline is on the way. Doubtful. Once again, NOT saying I wouldn't want to see it as Punk's friends are some of the best workers there are.

Robareid
08-21-2011, 01:46 PM
When does Samoa Joes tna contract run out? Possibility there

Y2J___Y2J
08-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Could be awesome.. but could never happen.. I'm keeping my hopes down until the KOW or Colt appear on Raw..

FaceOfSpades
08-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Waltman at a push? If WWE clear him to wrestle?

Waltman could possibly be cleared, as wwe doesn't use blood and hep c is blood/sexually related. He could have lesser ring time if needed. If the locker room is open minded then its more likely, but didn't waltman take a "shit sandwich" shot at wwe lately?

Y2Jryder
08-21-2011, 02:02 PM
If HHH isn't heel yet at survivor series it's gonna be difficult to get a team for him. Than they need to sign some legends back

VanHooliganX
08-21-2011, 02:49 PM
It would probably be
Punk, R-truth, Miz and Christian (Since they complain the most about conspiracys and not being used) vs. Triple H, Nash and 2 people who shouldn't be picked

jordan1995
08-21-2011, 02:58 PM
team punk being all ROH guys would be awesome

Mr.Turtle
08-21-2011, 03:51 PM
If it does happen it'd probably be:

(Team Punk)
CM Punk, KOW, Colt Cabana and Daniel Bryan (Danielson)
(Team HHH)
HHH, Kevin Nash, John Cena, ADR and Randy Orton

The Brown One
08-21-2011, 04:27 PM
If it does happen it'd probably be:

(Team Punk)
CM Punk, KOW, Colt Cabana and Daniel Bryan (Danielson)
(Team HHH)
HHH, Kevin Nash, John Cena, ADR and Randy Orton

Dude Ortons' on Smackdwon. And so is Bryan. I can see where you're getting at, but it still doesn't make sense to have a group of the WWE's top stars. Besides, why would Cena team up with ADR, in a NON-TITLE match? I have a feeling it will be Cena v ADR for the WWE title at SS.

Mr.Turtle
08-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Dude Ortons' on Smackdwon. And so is Bryan. I can see where you're getting at, but it still doesn't make sense to have a group of the WWE's top stars. Besides, why would Cena team up with ADR, in a NON-TITLE match? I have a feeling it will be Cena v ADR for the WWE title at SS.

Fair point but SS is still considered a big 4 PPV and traditional survivor series have been inter-promotional before.

jordan1995
08-21-2011, 04:32 PM
team HHH ..nash..waltman..new age outlaws ....

ihearvoices
08-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Team HHH vs Team punk should be a 4vs4

Team HHH
(Nash,new nexus(if still champs),The Miz)

Team Punk
(Punk, KOW, Colt Cabana)

MinistryOfDarkness
08-21-2011, 04:42 PM
team HHH ..nash..waltman..new age outlaws ....

Holy mark-out! Especially if it's vs. C4. This could be good....

tshizzy34
08-21-2011, 05:38 PM
This would be an awesome idea, but I dunno if they're gonna let nash in the ring.

tshizzy34
08-21-2011, 05:40 PM
This would be an awesome idea, but I dunno if they're gonna let nash wrestle in the ring.

68wPayne
08-21-2011, 05:50 PM
This would be epic. Since we are all throwing theories on the teams I'll say

Team Punk: CM Punk, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, and Tyler Black
Team Haitch: Triple H, Nash, Alberto Del Rio, Skip Sheffield, and *drum roll* Chris Jericho (could lead into the Jericho-Punk feud)

Rich Cranium
08-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Team Punk:

Punk
Zach Ryder (Punk has been in his defense)
D Bryan
? (not sure if they will bring in Colt or KOW unless they start introducing them to casual WWE fans NOW)

Team HHH:

HHH
Nash
?Johnny Ace and the Ace Crusher? Doubtful I know!
?

Def not ADR or Cena since they will battle for WWE title.

tad locust
08-21-2011, 06:02 PM
If this were to happen I think the teams would be......
Team Punk
CM Punk
Bret Hart
KOW
Colt Cabana

Team HHH
HHH
Sean Waltman
Kevin Nash
Johnny Ace
I don't know who the other person would be.Possibly a Mid Carder like Ziggler or Swagger for filler

zrdt12
08-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Right after the Nash attack I figured the Rock would be on team HHH if Cena was on team Punk.

BlazersDozen
08-21-2011, 07:45 PM
C4 Vs. Triple H, Kevin Nash, the rest is unpredictable. We're going to have to wait & see if Triple H really is bringing back his old friends & is behind the CM Punk attack by Nash or if it was set up by a McMahon cuz i'd believe that Triple H would have a problem with the McMahon's if they did that behind his back.

TheGoblin
08-21-2011, 07:54 PM
I know I"m going to get flamed, but with the way things are going, the last member would probably be Cena.

If they do this, It would be the prime setup for the heel turn, but I doubt it will happen.

*hides in the bushes*

maryland71
08-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Oh Hell Yeah ROH vs WWE

dres1214
08-21-2011, 08:12 PM
I just hope that it's not Punk and Cena teaming together.....

RagingBallsFTW
08-21-2011, 11:03 PM
I just hope that it's not Punk and Cena teaming together.....

If it happens now, I wouldn't mind since it would make some sense. But by Survivor Series rolls around, they shouldn't.

Here's what I want to see:

Punk,Cabana, K.O.W, Rollins, and Bryan vs. Triple H, Cena, Orton, Del Rio, Miz, and Kevin Nash. Basically ROH vs WWE.

Daddyj1
08-21-2011, 11:24 PM
I am kinda partial to a Indie Cliq Vs the Original Cliq. C.M. Punk, Colt Cabana, and KOW,maybe even Luke Gallows Vs HHH, Shawn, Nash, and Hall. (if they can get him ready, who knows the power of real friendship is quite amazing. Now if they use Gallows, then they would have to bring in The New Age Outlaws. Who by the way just happened to be with Kevin when he got the call to be at Wrestlemania. Ya know I can even see this taking a whole different road. HHH is the COO, Shawn is revealed to be the GM, and Big Kev is their Enforcer.

Hannibal
08-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Team Punk Should Consist of:
Punk
Colt
Danielson (I have a hard calling him "Daniel Bryan")
And the soon to be debuting K.O.W.
Why these five? Because Punk's actually worked with all of them. I see people throwing Tyler Black (Seth Rollins) in there; but they've never worked a match together and were in ROH at different periods and this would work better considering that The first three would all have legitimate reasons to lash out at this new "Corporation.

Team Triple H/Steph (I have a feeling she's going to be playing a way bigger part than what most people think. In fact I think she's going to be the one to be the catalyst to get all this stuff going.)

Triple H
Nash
Cena (I really feel like they should have him side with Punk for a minute and just turn on him. understand that it will not happen; but siding with H and Steph would be something worth watching; Like when Austin and Vince screwed The Rock over.)
Mark Henry (To be honest; He might even be WHC by this time and would make for some good squash moments in the match.)
and I'd like to see McIntyre in there too. Just because Hunter and HBK were high on this guy and maybe this could be the thing to jump start him finally.

sincara
08-22-2011, 03:11 AM
team punk
punk
colt
daniel bryan
chris hero
Claudio Castagnoli

team hhh
hhh
nash
hbk
xpac
scott hall

Dr. Death
08-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Team Triple H:

Triple H
Kevin Nash
New Age Outlaws
Drew McIntyre
Albert Del Rio
The Miz

Team Punk:

CM Punk
John Cena
KOW
Rey Mysterio
Kofi Kingston
Colt Cabana

kjell
08-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Source: Wrestlenewz

I personally like this idea. Especially if team Punk is Colt, and KOW. That would kick ass.

Thoughts?

LOVE IT. i smell money. this ppv would sell

Kenny_Penfold
08-22-2011, 10:33 AM
I love the whole Series concept but could they not do a work which involves a HHH/Nash beatdown of Punk. Of course they could but that's just the start. We need other people to be on Punk's team, now the Colt Cobana and Gallows idea could work but how about they bring Stone Cold back to help Punk initially? It creates a five or a seven man team and they could try to convince Austin to have a few scraps. It would then all point to Punk/Austin fighting HHH/Nash with a 2v2 scenario in the match. I was thinking that just like Invasion 2001, Steve could screw Punk? I know it goes against the whole thing but it at least sets up a program with Stone Cold, leading to a potential Mania match which the world wants?

Bodom
08-22-2011, 04:00 PM
I don't know why anyone wants an ROH stable in WWE. They would get booked right into the ground and be fed to mid card WWE guys.

Synned
08-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Team Triple H: Nash,HHH,Cena,Christian
Team CM Punk: Punk,Colt,Orton AND THE ROCK.

WWTNA Mark
08-22-2011, 10:12 PM
I don't believe it. It wouldn't make sense storyline-wise.

WWTNA Mark
08-22-2011, 10:13 PM
I don't know why anyone wants an ROH stable in WWE. They would get booked right into the ground and be fed to mid card WWE guys.

Exactly. An ROH stable wouldn't work IMO.