PDA

View Full Version : Internet Championship

The_Awesome_One
08-21-2011, 08:49 AM
I just had an idea about the so called internet championship,

How about they introduce it as a gimmick title, where the number 1 contender/contenders are decide by a monthly poll on WWE.com

what do you think?

Skycy
08-21-2011, 09:35 AM
I like ur idea ;D
But on what show it should be defended?

TheRockerGother
08-21-2011, 09:46 AM
I can already smell it.
Michael Cole:The results are in Cena has won the poll!!!!
Ya if there was one trust me most kids,teenage girls and older woman would vote for Cena.

The_Awesome_One
08-21-2011, 09:47 AM
I like ur idea ;D
But on what show it should be defended?

it would be at each PPV even if its just the opening match it would give the young guys like trent baretta and Tyson Kidd a chance to shine and show what they can do.

the voting would work like say 1st raw after summerslam the poll starts then the first raw after the next PPV the No1 contender would be announced then the poll would start fresh and the next contender would be announced the first Raw after the next PV and so on and so force, with each defence being built up to with a short 1 month fued, and with lots of contenders it would prevent the title picture from becoming stale and if someone has a long title reign it would build prestige pretty quickly IMO just due to the amount of different challengers.

and the same challenger can't compete for the title 2 PPVs in a row since the Poll is going on during the fued and the current champ and NO1 contender are not in the poll for obvious reasons

TheRockerGother
08-21-2011, 09:55 AM
it would be at each PPV even if its just the opening match it would give the young guys like trent baretta and Tyson Kidd a chance to shine and show what they can do.

the voting would work like say 1st raw after summerslam the poll starts then the first raw after the next PPV the No1 contender would be announced then the poll would start fresh and the next contender would be announced the first Raw after the next PV and so on and so force, with each defence being built up to with a short 1 month fued, and with lots of contenders it would prevent the title picture from becoming stale and if someone has a long title reign it would build prestige pretty quickly IMO just due to the amount of different challengers.

and the same challenger can't compete for the title 2 PPVs in a row since the Poll is going on during the fued and the current champ and NO1 contender are not in the poll for obvious reasons

While I love your idea honestly I would love it to happen they'd have to be a rule where no WWE or World champion can go for this belt because like I said people would vote for Cena way to much and we may even end up with Cena winning 10 times in a row.Not hating on Cena it's just a feeling plus I don't see WWE caring to much about guys like Ryder,Barreta,etc the only reason there probably keeping Ryder is for the money he's making I don't see WWE using him as he should be used right now he's just another Santino to me.

Nightside909
08-21-2011, 09:56 AM
I think it should be defended on Superstars, i mean it is a Internet Show, so make the title for that Show, i mean u can still do all the other stuff, but limit the people who can compete for it, like if they have appeared on Superstars in the past month, they are eligible for the number one contender and do the poll and everything, i think if its defended on a PPV, might defeat the purpose of an Internet Championship, but make it similar to a "tv championship" But i do like the poll Idea!

Mtt08 xXx
08-21-2011, 09:57 AM
i like the idea, but the only way it would work is if WWE chose who we could vote for. because you think Tyson Kidd would get more votes than Cena? probably not.

also it wouldnt be as much as a feud, because the two wrestlers wouldnt have "beef" with each other. so itd strictly be based on matches. i know i would enjoy this, as well as the IWC among others, but would the little jimmys like this? hard to say.

Nightside909
08-21-2011, 10:02 AM
"also it wouldnt be as much as a feud, because the two wrestlers wouldnt have "beef" with each other. so itd strictly be based on matches. i know i would enjoy this, as well as the IWC among others, but would the little jimmys like this? hard to say."

exactly! which is why you do it all on Superstars!, no lil jimmys watch that show

FLWWEFan
08-21-2011, 10:03 AM
i like the idea, but the only way it would work is if WWE chose who we could vote for. because you think Tyson Kidd would get more votes than Cena? probably not.

also it wouldnt be as much as a feud, because the two wrestlers wouldnt have "beef" with each other. so itd strictly be based on matches. i know i would enjoy this, as well as the IWC among others, but would the little jimmys like this? hard to say.

agreed totally, not to mention i don't trust wwe with voting situations. i'm sure if a vote didn't go the way they wanted they would rig the results. for example someone could be in their doghouse but be really popular with the fans, that wrestler in the doghouse could've won the voting but since that wrestler is in the doghouse they change the voting around. i still like the idea and think it's great but i can't put all my trust in how legit the outcomes would be.

The_Awesome_One
08-21-2011, 10:03 AM
While I love your idea honestly I would love it to happen they'd have to be a rule where no WWE or World champion can go for this belt because like I said people would vote for Cena way to much and we may even end up with Cena winning 10 times in a row.Not hating on Cena it's just a feeling plus I don't see WWE caring to much about guys like Ryder,Barreta,etc the only reason there probably keeping Ryder is for the money he's making I don't see WWE using him as he should be used right now he's just another Santino to me.

Good point,
How about if you are currently a champion of any kind you are not in the poll.

Personally I feel that if Cena did win the Poll they would have him lose since they wouldnt want him to be out of the mainevent picture IMO, but if they were to give him the Internet championship (for a short while) I would be fine with that because wether you like it or not (and I sure as hell don't) cena if a big name in theindusry and as soon as you get big names on the previous holder list it really boosts the prestige, just look at the names that used to be on the intercontinental and US titles compared to now and just look at the difference in levels of prestige.

Los Conquistador
08-21-2011, 10:12 AM
I reckon we keep it on ryder since its his creation and only got so big because of him alone
And only switch it once or twice like the million dollar title

AOF666
08-21-2011, 11:03 AM
They shouldn't even recognize the internet title or waste their time with it. They don't nothing with the other titles, they should focus more on them.

Bob Lion54
08-21-2011, 11:23 AM
No, I don't think it should be a recognized title. I would like to see them work it into Ryder's gimmick a bit more, though.

The only way it should change hands is if a wrestler actually gets a legitimate online following through stuff they do online. Anything else would just seem artificial... which might be odd to say about a "fake" title, but hopefully my meaning is clear.

Y2J___Y2J
08-21-2011, 11:24 AM
I've actually been waiting for Ryder to mention it on SD..

charmingone28
08-21-2011, 02:14 PM
I can already smell it.
Michael Cole:The results are in Cena has won the poll!!!!
Ya if there was one trust me most kids,teenage girls and older woman would vote for Cena.

I'm sorry but as a woman I'm getting sick and tired of hearing we all mark out for Cena. On the contrary I do not I repeat DO NOT like him and do not think he's the hottest thing going today like most women do.

Do I respect him and all he's done for the biz? yes, but I do not get all hot and bothered everytime he comes out

NO!

VanHooliganX
08-21-2011, 02:46 PM

How about they introduce it as a gimmick title, where the number 1 contender/contenders are decide by a monthly poll on WWE.com

what do you think?

Good idea. Until John Cena or Rey Mysterio keep getting nominated. So i'm guessing it would be from a poll where you choose 1 person. But then you know they'll fuck that up like they did power to the people with derp options.

jordan1995
08-21-2011, 02:46 PM
1 bad point if ryder looses i fukin riot

TheRockerGother
08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm sorry but as a woman I'm getting sick and tired of hearing we all mark out for Cena. On the contrary I do not I repeat DO NOT like him and do not think he's the hottest thing going today like most women do.

Do I respect him and all he's done for the biz? yes, but I do not get all hot and bothered everytime he comes out

NO!

Sorry there didn't mean to kinda insult you or anything I meant teenage girls Cena fans

TempestH
08-21-2011, 04:29 PM
People say the Spinner belt was made for John Cena, but other superstars managed to make it work. If someone else won the Internet Championship, they'd HAVE to redesign it, by getting rid of the glaring Broski logo, and possibly even the social media logos (as most of the other Superstars are not outright advertising their accounts like Ryder is).

tshizzy34
08-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Do it on Superstars since it's on the internet already, so it just makes sense.

WWTNA Mark
08-22-2011, 10:42 PM
That's actually not a bad idea. A lot of guys especially Zack Ryder could benefit a lot from this.

HCollins-TNA1
08-25-2011, 12:14 PM

what do you think?
It would just be fixed.... But it should be a legit... all WWE shows is on the Internet....