PDA

View Full Version : Blading

Aaron0912
08-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Who do you think will be the first to blade in WWE? I know it's been outlawed but since things are getting "edgier" lately, I could see them allowing someone to bleed for added emphasis to a feud. Maybe at Hell in a Cell?

The_Awesome_One
08-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Honestly I didnt even notice that people hadnt been blading until you brought it up and honestly i don't care much, I think its just a cheap way to get a reaction out of the audience without actually doing anything of note.

but if they do bring it back I have a feeling that it will probably be nash against punk, or orton against henry to try and emphasise the beating, but I would prefer a good solid match.

Skycy
08-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Wont be in the near future, i think like 3 years or something, but the first 1 to blade? Alberto Del Rio.
.... Or John Cena, i would like this better! ;D

Bob Lion54
08-21-2011, 09:39 AM
I don't think it will ever be back, though I could be wrong. It's not the edginess, but the health reasons that I think it's gone for good in the WWE. Guys are coming forward and, whether true or not, blaming blading on a number of communicable diseases they've picked up. Desmond Wolfe seems to be the most well known, even though he was in TNA, but he says he got Hepatitis from blading.

After the drug stuff and the WWE seemingly making an attempt to look after the health of their performers, I don't see them doing something so potentially dangerous to the health of their wrestlers anytime soon. Sure, guys will occasionally bleed by accident. It happens in any contact sport, and whether you want to call pro wrestling a sport or not, it certainly has the contact part of "contact sport." So, it will happen (Orton busted his mouth open the other night), but I don't see the WWE ever purposefully making it happen.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-21-2011, 09:43 AM
I actually made a Blog about this a few months back. Check it out if you can:

STATE OF THE 'E: The PG/Hep C Connection (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/entry.php?1402-STATE-OF-THE-E-The-PG-Hep-C-Connection&)

Skycy
08-21-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't think it will ever be back, though I could be wrong. It's not the edginess, but the health reasons that I think it's gone for good in the WWE. Guys are coming forward and, whether true or not, blaming blading on a number of communicable diseases they've picked up. Desmond Wolfe seems to be the most well known, even though he was in TNA, but he says he got Hepatitis from blading.

After the drug stuff and the WWE seemingly making an attempt to look after the health of their performers, I don't see them doing something so potentially dangerous to the health of their wrestlers anytime soon. Sure, guys will occasionally bleed by accident. It happens in any contact sport, and whether you want to call pro wrestling a sport or not, it certainly has the contact part of "contact sport." So, it will happen (Orton busted his mouth open the other night), but I don't see the WWE ever purposefully making it happen.

Didnt know the reason why 'Superstars' didnt blade anymore was because of the health reasons. But thanks for saying ;p
I thought it was of the PG, altho i think this is also 1 of the reasons..

Rilla
08-21-2011, 09:49 AM
I like it better that they don't, that way if they /do/ bleed, you know its real and actually caused by the other guy.

Los Conquistador
08-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Always felt it was miles better when they bled unintentionally
Like Eddie guerrero and jbl at judgement day

However I dont like when someone bleeds and the match is paused to clean them up
It sucks out all the energy of the match
Like in cena vs orton iron man match

Rich Cranium
08-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Don't really think it's needed. I enjoy watching the shows with or without the blood.

AOF666
08-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Agree don't need wrestlers to blade themselves.

Y2J___Y2J
08-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Blading doesn't really do it for me nowadays.. sure it was cool when someone got busted open but I got used to not having blood around.. Sure if I want to see a bloody match I can go watch Ric Flair in a TNA match or something but it's better without blood.. Everyone has to give it to WWE for not allowing blading anymore..

SESAfro
08-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Always felt it was miles better when they bled unintentionally
Like Eddie guerrero and jbl at judgement day

However I dont like when someone bleeds and the match is paused to clean them up
It sucks out all the energy of the match
Like in cena vs orton iron man match
Yeah, that pause kills everything. The reason Eddie was bleeding so much was because he cut a bit too deep.

I'm surprised they didn't stop the Orton vs. Christian match when Randy got cut by the table.

helmsley
08-21-2011, 12:57 PM
i think that a hardcore match without blood is like eating without teeths , its necessary

CobraNightviper
08-21-2011, 01:42 PM
I didn't even notice that either so when was it out lawed?

CobraNightviper
08-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I agree in extreme cases it's needed like direct head shots.

Juvenile Junkie
08-21-2011, 01:54 PM

agreed,spot on.and whats the point,how often do you see blood in Baseball,Cricket,Tennis,Swimming,Golf etc?

Skycy
08-21-2011, 01:57 PM
agreed,spot on.and whats the point,how often do you see blood in Baseball,Cricket,Tennis,Swimming,Golf etc?

Those sports u commend, are whole differents sports..

Rich Cranium
08-21-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm surprised they didn't stop the Orton vs. Christian match when Randy got cut by the table.

Remember on Smackdown, whenever Swagger's ear would bleed, the ref would call a timeout and put a towel to the affected ear? Was that just a temporary thing when they were 'into' the PG guidelines?

tshizzy34
08-21-2011, 05:36 PM
There is no reason for them to start doing this again.

LMPunker
08-21-2011, 05:37 PM
i suspect it maybe punk or triple h or nash as away to get punk over but honestly i like that it isnt used everyweek because it lost its shock value if they did it now it would be surprising if they did do it but if its true about linda mcmahon running for senate again next year i wouldnt hold your breath

zrdt12
08-21-2011, 06:26 PM
i think that a hardcore match without blood is like eating without teeths , its necessary

Hardcore matches no longer exist in the WWE.

steveorton
08-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Don't really think it's needed. I enjoy watching the shows with or without the blood.

^^^This, I'm jus sayin...

68wPayne
08-22-2011, 10:56 AM
I would be cool maybe as an epic end to a last man standing match or something like that. But yeah, it's a major health concern.

WWTNA Mark
08-22-2011, 10:02 PM
It isn't needed. You don't need blood to have a great match.