PDA

View Full Version : Should NXT just become a brand?

TempestH
08-20-2011, 06:55 PM
I've seen threads on multiple forums talking about the idea of making NXT a brand, and/or complaining that Season 5 doesn't seem to end. What if they just scrapped the competition aspect and turned NXT into a brand for the younger talent. I've seen many on other forums post their ideas, but here's mine.

Make NXT a seperate brand featuring all of the talent who previously competed on the NXT program.

A.J.
Aksana
Alex Riley
Brodus Clay
Byron Saxton
Daniel Bryan
Darren Young
David Otunga
Derrick Bateman
Heath Slater
Husky Harris
Johnny Curtis
Justin Gabriel
Kaitlyn
Maxine
Micheal McGillicutty
Naomi
Percy Watson
Titus O'Neil
Wade Barrett

Technically, NXT Superstars would be able to appear on RAW or Smackdown, All of the superstars who previously appeared on SmackDown or RAW would be cross branded, although most of the time, the only people crossing over on a regular basis would be Riley, Bryan, Curtis, Brodus Clay, the Chickbusters and the former Nexus members. Riley, Bryan, and Barrett, both despite AND due to getting huge pushes on the main brands, would be the guys primarily carrying the NXT brand.

The show would be extended to two hours and taped as a seperate event, which in theory would allow leeway to cut down the House Show schedule. Most of the TV time would go towards the younger talent, but the main event match would occasionally feature an established (usually a main eventer, upper midcarder) RAW or SmackDown Superstar who previously served as an NXT pro...

Alberto Del Rio
Christian
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Goldust
John Morrison
JTG
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
The Miz
Primo
R-Truth
Ted DiBiase
Tyson Kidd
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

The match would be main evented by something such Curtis jobbing to Barrett, Riley & Bryan vs. Otunga & McGillicutty, or some of the lesser guys jobbing to Miz, Del Rio, Punk, Rhodes, Christian, or Henry.

helmsley
08-20-2011, 07:30 PM
i think its a very good idea, i dont think they could tape it in a different day because nobody will pay to see nxt stars only, but they should do something with nxt or with superstars

VanHooliganX
08-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Not a bad idea actually.

You could have NXT championship belt and maybe stick the Internet championship on there too.

belleza
08-23-2011, 03:27 PM
I agree...they wouldnt have enough fans to tape NXT all of their own...but this could be a very interesting idea :)