PDA

View Full Version : Is WWE actually concerned about TNa?

Murphdogg4
10-05-2010, 04:02 AM
The corporate line that WWE employees always use is that they do not pay attention to TNA. If that is true why did they bring Bret Hart back on the exact night Hogan debuted? Why did raw have a battle royal tonight in the exact week that TNA has one scheduled? It's because they do watch TNA and are trying to make sure they make no headway.

lucky7pointman
10-05-2010, 06:02 AM
the hart and hogan u might be right but 20 men battle royal it got nothing to do with wwe knowing tna is doing a battle royal cuz as a promoter ur major title need a contender and that was they did just start a new story

maddogg336
10-05-2010, 06:22 AM
lol wwe doesnt need to worry about tna and just cause they have a battle royal doesnt mean anything this isnt the first time they did this it was the best way to extend the cena/nexus storyline

Tim
10-05-2010, 08:23 AM
I think WWE pays attention to TNA. I'm sure many of the wrestlers watch TNA Impact if they have time, and I'm sure they keep their eye open for any impressive talent within TNA. That being said, I don't think they are particularly worried about TNA. TNA could not compete with WWE on Monday nights, and they don't pull anything close to their ratings or merchandise sales.

Splattered-Dreams
10-05-2010, 11:18 AM
If WWE watches TNA, it's not out of concern - they're probably just taking ideas.. let's face it, WWE needs some new ones. TNA is more credible, I think WWE wants that too. Butt it wont get credibility until they stop putting people over as superman. ffs

wallyman
10-05-2010, 01:06 PM
of course wwe is concern....tna is growing really slow...but growing..and wwe takes away ideas drom tna laycool=Beautiful people....battle royal that tna advertise 2 weeks ago and wwe makes one today really a battle royal i am sure they could of had another idea for a new feud...also the shore gimmick tna had been doing that for days and now i read zack ryder is gonna b a gimmick like that as well...also tna started ''they'' and here comes and anonymouys gm...if u ask me wwe is leechin off tna storylines....especially cuz their booking is on a weekly basis as tna they have a storyline for a whole month planned out...idk if wwe is concern with tna but for sure they watch it...

Ruggy
10-05-2010, 01:47 PM
If WWE watches TNA, it's not out of concern - they're probably just taking ideas.. let's face it, WWE needs some new ones. TNA is more credible, I think WWE wants that too. Butt it wont get credibility until they stop putting people over as superman. ffs

WWE run out of fresh ideas years ago....

crazyj11
10-05-2010, 02:19 PM
the hart and hogan u might be right but 20 men battle royal it got nothing to do with wwe knowing tna is doing a battle royal cuz as a promoter ur major title need a contender and that was they did just start a new story

You've got to take into consideration how long it has been since WWE had a big battle royal. I don't think it was a coincidence.

el gabo
10-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Don't really think they are nor should be worried about TNA. My guess is that they just bite off TNA plans just to piss them off. I think TNA worries waaaaay too much about WWE. they try too much too be number one and right now, they are not even remotely in the position to take over. Hope they do better though, with Hogan and Flair still in the spotlight it decreases their chances.

Robstar
10-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Don't really think they are nor should be worried about TNA. My guess is that they just bite off TNA plans just to piss them off. I think TNA worries waaaaay too much about WWE. they try too much too be number one and right now, they are not even remotely in the position to take over. Hope they do better though, with Hogan and Flair still in the spotlight it decreases their chances.

There's truth here. I do think WWE likes to reinterpret ideas from TNA, but isn't TNA reinterpreting ideas from WCW? Like El Gabo here, I want TNA to do well - competition is only going to make something I love better.

And I ask ALL of you - if TNA was the only game in town, then logically, wouldn't they just be what WWE is now? Think carefully before you answer this because if you think TNA doesn't want to be wealthy, worldwide, successful and the top dog then why the hell do they bother? There is absolutely NO promotion in the world who isn't trying to make money - not to simply, "break even or run at a loss just to give those true wrestling fans what they want". You think that - you really are a mark

TNA Ambassador
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
At this moment in time WWE is not worried about TNA. WWE would be lying if they were not at least impressed with how TNA is growing. TNA had the guts to take there product to the next level. TNA has a ways to go but its a pleasure to watch a company be born and grown before our eyes. Some senior members of WWE staff know that they were just like TNA in the beginning. And im sure some fans remember before Raw and Smackdown, we had WWF Supertars, WWF Challenge and WWF All American, all 1 hour shows and every other month or so we had Saturday Night Main Event. Its a growing process.

Firebrand
10-05-2010, 03:51 PM
If the WWE wasnt concerned, they would have released Chris Jericho instead of giving him the time off he wanted. They are concerned, you see it every episode of raw and smackdown with their crappy "divas". No matter how you want to spin that, its a rip off of TNA. They have publicly stated they are angry about their own women wrestlers not competing on the level with TNA's women(which is sad cause TNA's girls cant wrestle very well either). A blind man can see that the WWE is going back to the old tactics of smearing the competition, like they way they did to WCW. Unfortunately it didnt work then and its only going to help TNA now. The WWE needs only to screw up with just one of their top draws, Orton, Cena, Jericho. If they lose just one of those guys to TNA, we get monday night wars back. And god be praised if that happens.

maddogg336
10-05-2010, 04:00 PM
i like how everybody thinks they know wat goes on behind the scense

Firebrand
10-05-2010, 04:06 PM
i like how everybody thinks they know wat goes on behind the scense

I dont post anyting I dont know for sure moron.

maddogg336
10-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I dont post anyting I dont know for sure moron.

O so i guess u work with wwe right? yea thought so MORON

Robstar
10-05-2010, 06:25 PM
O so i guess u work with wwe right? yea thought so MORON

It's everybody's right to guess and speculate at what goes on behind the scenes ok? Is what you are saying that we should not talk about such things and we should just discuss the entertainment aspect? What gives you the right? Sure, "everybody" as you so generally put it might very well be totally off the mark, but so what? What the hell are these forums for if not to discuss these things?

maddogg336
10-05-2010, 06:41 PM
It's everybody's right to guess and speculate at what goes on behind the scenes ok? Is what you are saying that we should not talk about such things and we should just discuss the entertainment aspect? What gives you the right? Sure, "everybody" as you so generally put it might very well be totally off the mark, but so what? What the hell are these forums for if not to discuss these things?

Yea anyway like i said i like how everybody thinks they can do a better job and im stickin by my comment thanks have a nice day cause u wont get a reply from me

Firebrand
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Yea anyway like i said i like how everybody thinks they can do a better job and im stickin by my comment thanks have a nice day cause u wont get a reply from me

Youve already replied twice, and I still dont see where Ive said anything that was a "guess" on my part. Everything I said is common knowlege that both companies have openly stated. Your just a troll.

jwt15
10-05-2010, 07:05 PM
They do and the case was proven when Vince made his in ring return during the debut of the live monday Impact Now they dont veiw them as a hugh threat bt Vince should be smart enought to seewhile TNA is not drawing big TV rating the house show outcomes ar pretty much the same between te two companies

IrkenInvader
10-05-2010, 07:15 PM
WWE isn't concerned Vince is. Vince has alwasy been scared of competition, thats why he bought ECW and WCW. Of course he watches TNA, its not like it matters. WWE always crushes TNA in ratings.

P.S. TNA watches WWE too.

Kid_Gangsta
10-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Hell no the WWE is not concerned with TNA. /Thread

jwt15
10-05-2010, 07:40 PM
WWE isn't concerned Vince is. Vince has alwasy been scared of competition, thats why he bought ECW and WCW. Of course he watches TNA, its not like it matters. WWE always crushes TNA in ratings.

P.S. TNA watches WWE too.

Most of the ratings things is about how long WWE ha been around WWE is the wrestling that in some form has been around since 1953 with CWC which turned into WWWF which would bring the fans from CWC into WWWF which Vince Sr. made into a profit making machine which turned into WWF which had its biggest years from 85-92 and then 98-01 profit wise which is what has carried over to WWE which people of all ages if they have watched wrestling they have watched some branch of WWE wrestling rether it be CWC,WWWF,WWF, or WWE the fans have been way more exposed to WWE. TNA is still a baby in wrestling years with only 8 so I'd say they are doing good with the lack of advertisment they do which is something they need to work on badly.

jwt15
10-05-2010, 09:06 PM
I agree 100%

With what I said or the guy above me??

maddogg336
10-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Hell no the WWE is not concerned with TNA. /Thread

i agree 100%

merhardt03
10-06-2010, 01:08 AM
i doubt theres concern just idea stealing. And where the hell is IPEEINTHESHOWER with his infinte wisdow on this matter. U MAD???

maddogg336
10-06-2010, 08:01 AM
i doubt theres concern just idea stealing. And where the hell is IPEEINTHESHOWER with his infinte wisdow on this matter. U MAD???

lol good question

Robstar
10-06-2010, 04:21 PM

Somebody has to work the breakfast shift at McDonalds. U MAD???

Dameduse823
10-06-2010, 07:44 PM
The corporate line that WWE employees always use is that they do not pay attention to TNA. If that is true why did they bring Bret Hart back on the exact night Hogan debuted? Why did raw have a battle royal tonight in the exact week that TNA has one scheduled? It's because they do watch TNA and are trying to make sure they make no headway.

TNA in my opinion isn't good enough right now to be competition whether or not WWE see's them that way or not. As far as bringing in Bret to match Hogan, I think that was just vince saying anything you can do I can do better