PDA

View Full Version : The Rock said congrats to Alberton Del Rio on Twitter

jrsckilla23
08-19-2011, 04:06 AM
This is what the Great One said "The Rock Says Congrats. To WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio On His Twitter:

"Congrats Alberto Del Rio - New WWE Champion. Pero sabes que te puedo partir la madre, pinche guey!"

JAY

hahahaha that shit had me rolling!!!

So it was in spanish so for those of you who don't speak it I'll translate what The Great One said
" But you do know that I can Kick your Fucken ass" but pinche guey is kind of like saying Stupid ass but that's a Mexican slang
and yes The Rock knows spanish thanks to Eddie Guerrero and spanish classes

so what are your thoughts about what The Rock said
http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/jrsckilla23/287230_144692245614881_100002223184432_276971_7748 541_o-1.jpg

jelle1809
08-19-2011, 04:08 AM
LOL
Thanks for the translation of the Spanish part. I saw it on Twitter too that he congratulated him. Just was too lazy to get the spanish part translated....

Snair
08-19-2011, 04:33 AM
It seems he's closely following WWE as of late.And ADR may be one of his favourite superstars.

tshizzy34
08-19-2011, 04:42 AM
Kinda sad that ADR is one of the great one's fav's..

Markedoutforlife
08-19-2011, 04:44 AM
Meh... Idc what the rock says anymore

Russo swerve
08-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Meh... Idc what the rock says anymore
The rock>Cm punk and zack ryder

jcagosto
08-19-2011, 07:58 AM
His ex-wife Dany Garcia is from hispanic descent, and he is from Miami, he must know at least a thing or two about spanish.

steveorton
08-19-2011, 08:01 AM
It seems he's closely following WWE as of late.And ADR may be one of his favourite superstars.

So I guess he is back in some capacity, I'm jus sayin...

PureMetalftw!
08-19-2011, 09:00 AM
I f**king love your sig!
xD

Markedoutforlife
08-19-2011, 09:08 AM
The rock>Cm punk and zack ryder

At one point, I marked out for the rock.... Now he is irrelevant. Why bash punk? I dont even like ryder. Fuck off

Gameover
08-19-2011, 09:20 AM
I f**king love your sig!xD

+1

Cena's face is priceless and I love that move, Punk does that well.

Russo swerve
08-19-2011, 11:53 AM
At one point, I marked out for the rock.... Now he is irrelevant. Why bash punk? I dont even like ryder. Fuck off

Aww sounds like your mad junior. Owell I could care less

tad locust
08-19-2011, 12:09 PM
ADR=Worst WWE Champion of All Time

Ruthless_Aggression
08-19-2011, 12:13 PM
I don't know, it looks like the Rock is putting over ADR even with his Spanish obscenities. Don't think ADR deserves the crap he gets from the IWC for not being CM Punk.

RagingBallsFTW
08-19-2011, 12:33 PM
ADR=Worst WWE Champion of All Time

yeah, he's only had the title for less than a week. :rolleyes:

KingOrton
08-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Aww sounds like your mad junior. Owell I could care less

What's with you calling everyone Junior? It's kind of annoying and for all you know they could be older than you.

On Topic: Like the other guy said The Rock is Irrelevant. And IMO comes off kinda cheesy in his promos (same as Cena). CM Punk on the other hand, his promos seem more free flowing and come from the heart.

HeelTurn
08-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Del Rio maybe in The Rock's fave 5. Maybe he will have something do with a future Cena/Del Rio title match, or not.

maar13
08-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Nah, I tis nice from The Rock to comment on that since he has a lot of followers that doesn't necessarily follow wrestling anymore, if he can spark more interest in WWE more power to the guy, he might sound irrelevant to fans but it could influnce to someone asking "Who is this Del Rio guy?" and then watch out of curiosity, that is something good.

helmsley
08-19-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't know, it looks like the Rock is putting over ADR even with his Spanish obscenities. Don't think ADR deserves the crap he gets from the IWC for not being CM Punk.

obscenities?? if you dont know what your talking about simply dont talk, it was a fun phrase in spanish and something used daily in the languague , "guey" is like saying dude

68wPayne
08-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Damn, why does everyone gotta bash on ADR. He's great in the ring, he's great on the mic, he has a gimmick that fits him (especially with Ricardo Rodriguez, love that guy), and he's not John Cena. He is everything the IWC asks for in a champion and yet he gets less respect than Rodney Dangerfield

helmsley
08-19-2011, 01:31 PM
i think del rio is a very good champion and he will be the face of the company any time soon, the problem is that the iwc is never happy once that their "wishes" come true. When del rio first debuted everybody was taliking about how he deserved a psuh and how he will be a good champion and now are bashing him.

i think the rockss comment was hilarious and im really glad he has that sense of humour

helmsley
08-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Damn, why does everyone gotta bash on ADR. He's great in the ring, he's great on the mic, he has a gimmick that fits him (especially with Ricardo Rodriguez, love that guy), and he's not John Cena. He is everything the IWC asks for in a champion and yet he gets less respect than Rodney Dangerfield

agree 101%

Ruthless_Aggression
08-19-2011, 01:38 PM
obscenities?? if you dont know what your talking about simply dont talk, it was a fun phrase in spanish and something used daily in the languague , "guey" is like saying dude

You took that the wrong way. I just meant giving a snarky remark (going by Jrsckilla's translation) to ADR didn't mean he was just trying bash him.

jrsckilla23
08-19-2011, 01:45 PM

there you go I was trying to translate the guey part but you know it only sounds better in spanish. but yeah it is kind of like saying dude

jrsckilla23
08-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I've been reading everyone's comments and why are they bashing Alberto Del Rio as Champion I think The Miz should had never been WWE champion cuz he really doesn't deserve to be a top guy but Alberto Del Rio just like what 68wPayne said

He's great in the ring, he's great on the mic, he has a gimmick that fits him what else are you asking for in the WWE they are trying to make more top guys so that we don't have to see the same shit like CENA & ORTON. Let me remind you for those you who are true wrestling entertainment fans remember when Kurt Angle (with hair) won the WWE Championship I bet everyone was mad as hell but Kurt Angle had great ring skills, great mic skills and had a gimmick just like ALBERTO DEL RIO. Cm Punk is the best thing right now but some people say that he's better on the mic than The Rock uhhhh NO!!! from the words of Stone Cold back in the Era "I wrestled which I think was the best Era of professional wrestling we had the best promos cuz we said things from the heart and what was on our minds" So sorry buddy but what Randy said about The Rock wasn't true cuz he was just backing up his butt buddy John Cena even Stone Cold said it Pg Era they have people writing there promos so No Cm Punk even though I Like Him is Far Far From being Legend like THE ROCK

CULTOFPERSONALITY
08-19-2011, 04:43 PM
What's with you calling everyone Junior? It's kind of annoying and for all you know they could be older than you.

On Topic: Like the other guy said The Rock is Irrelevant. And IMO comes off kinda cheesy in his promos (same as Cena). CM Punk on the other hand, his promos seem more free flowing and come from the heart.

HAHAH...Dude, no offense to CM Punk or anything but the guy is really a second rate Chris Jericho. Punk isn't that special on the mic to be frank. I mean if taking things from internet dirtsheets & translating them on TV makes him great than? Sorry to say, we are living in an extremely weak era. CM Punk has a good diction with his promos but practically everything he says is written for him & the fact he needs political dirtsheet material to make himself relevant? Well, that says it all about Punk's relevance. Sorry but Punk ISN'T even in the same league with guys like The Rock, Austin, Jericho, HHH, Foley & so forth when it comes to mic skills. Hell, no one in today's WWE roster holds a candle to those guys. Speaking of The Rock, You must have not watched much wrestling in your life. The Rock is arguably the best promo guy ever in wrestling. You go back to the time of 1998-2004 & see what The Rock can do in a promo. He makes Punk's promos look like cheap child's play. Believe it or not, they were more free & shot from the hip in their promos back during the attitude/invasion era something of which the majority if not all of today's talents couldn't do. The reason Rock's promos are not stronger & more free flowing is simply because of PG cable regulations plus the fact, WWE doesn't want Rock to bury their stars which he could do with ease in his promos.

Punk is good BUT FAR from great.
Rock>Punk

johnnydropkicks
08-19-2011, 04:49 PM
agree 101%

yeah I agree as well. del rio is really great in the ring and really has a lot of skill for a guy his size.

I don't think his mic abilities are top notch though. they are good but not the best in wwe.

Murphdogg4
08-19-2011, 04:59 PM
i think del rio is a very good champion and he will be the face of the company any time soon, the problem is that the iwc is never happy once that their "wishes" come true. When del rio first debuted everybody was taliking about how he deserved a psuh and how he will be a good champion and now are bashing him.

i think the rockss comment was hilarious and im really glad he has that sense of humour

Alot of the IWC reminds me of a girl I used to date, She'd bitch and complain intill you did something and then be pissed that you did it. WWE Marks don't relize there is a big wrestling outside of the WWE and ADR paid his dues in it, he's doing a great job if you ask me.

BrusierBrosky559
08-19-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm glad Del Rio is getting the props he deserves. I've been a fan since he was Dos Caras.

BIGZrudypoo812
08-19-2011, 05:39 PM
HAHAH...Dude, no offense to CM Punk or anything but the guy is really a second rate Chris Jericho. Punk isn't that special on the mic to be frank. I mean if taking things from internet dirtsheets & translating them on TV makes him great than? Sorry to say, we are living in an extremely weak era. CM Punk has a good diction with his promos but practically everything he says is written for him & the fact he needs political dirtsheet material to make himself relevant? Well, that says it all about Punk's relevance. Sorry but Punk ISN'T even in the same league with guys like The Rock, Austin, Jericho, HHH, Foley & so forth when it comes to mic skills. Hell, no one in today's WWE roster holds a candle to those guys. Speaking of The Rock, You must have not watched much wrestling in your life. The Rock is arguably the best promo guy ever in wrestling. You go back to the time of 1998-2004 & see what The Rock can do in a promo. He makes Punk's promos look like cheap child's play. Believe it or not, they were more free & shot from the hip in their promos back during the attitude/invasion era something of which the majority if not all of today's talents couldn't do. The reason Rock's promos are not stronger & more free flowing is simply because of PG cable regulations plus the fact, WWE doesn't want Rock to bury their stars which he could do with ease in his promos.

Rock>Punk

AGREED 10000% you are my hero, once CM Punk cut that first Shoot promo people are starting to make him sound like he is the greatest on the mic EVER and once CM Punk bashed The Rock people now out of no where forget that He's The Rock (In my opinion the greatest EVER). Now i understand CM Punk is good (DAMN GOOD) right now BUT let not forget He has one great promo ONE that everyone will remember, Now The Rock on the other hand has 100's of great promos (I watch at least 1 new Rock promo on Youtube almost Everyday that i'v never seen) and he cut what in my opinion Is the Greatest Heel promo EVER in Toronto (the people that boo'd him at WrestleMania vs Hogan) http://youtu.be/5ZPOq90fZRI 1's The people Boo him at first 2nd he gets them to cheer him 3rd he once again gets them to boo him big time. I'v never seen anyone do that in my life time.
The Hollywood Rock = Funniest Heel Ever
The Corporate Rock = Greatest Heel Ever

maar13
08-19-2011, 06:59 PM

Rock>Punk

I agree with a lot of what you said, but Punk doesn't have material written for him, the good thing is that as much as the other wrestlers might say the contrary, The Rock also produce his own material and yeah, Punk is good, very good, even when he was on the S.E.S, but he is not the Rock on that regard, the promos from the Rock were great actually, that guy knew how to produce a reaction and what reaction to produce.

Punk does that but also we are completely in another kind of era and it shows, Simply put Kevin Nash getting the "What?" chants show you how influential Austin was, yes you can say it is annoying, whatever, but it shows you how big Austin was, even with just a stupid word Austin had the World on the Palm of his hand and The Rock also had the People on his.

I like Punk a lot, a big fan but truth be told, he is no were near The Rock when it comes to promos.

Also this on the Del Rio's topic.

Sorry but the guys is very good, I though it was too soon for the title, but lets be honest, after Raw the guy showed he is good and seriously, if given the shot he can become a great champion, as Annoying as JBL on the mic but a great technician in the ring, that is a great combo and something that the WWE hasn't had in years as a heel champion.

Orton and Edge doesn't fit that mold because they were different, never really got that feeling of corporate guys at all, even with Edge being with Vickie, so this guy can be great it allowed to.

el gabo
08-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Haters, just look at the sig.

At first I thought why take the belt off Punk so soon. Thing is, when a feud is as good as Punk vs Cena was, the Championship is really not that essential. I know the champ vs champ thing was great, but the story can go on without it.

For you idiots that say ADR isn't good in the ring, Youtube Dos Caras Jr. and dare to repeat that nonsense. HIs promo on Mysterio this Monday was really good and his first title defense was very entertaining, specially with Rey being hurt. Plus, he won cleanly (when was the last time a heel won or defended a championship that way?) Quit bitching and enjoy.

printz1224
08-19-2011, 09:44 PM

Rock>Punk

I don't disagree with you 100% dude, but a Rock promo and a Punk promo is apples and oranges. 2 completely different styles. But I would love to see a Punk/Rock program (pun intended)....the promo wars would be fucking epic.

el gabo
08-19-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't disagree with you 100% dude, but a Rock promo and a Punk promo is apples and oranges. 2 completely different styles. But I would love to see a Punk/Rock program (pun intended)....the promo wars would be fucking epic.

Nicely said. The Rock would always try to get people to laugh or humiliate someone. Punk's promos are more built up frustration. The Rock had the ability to work a crowd easier because of his charisma (which comes once in a million years by the way.)

You sir win a thumbs up.