PDA

View Full Version : The Young Bucks rub Booker T the wrong way

THEKEVINBRAND
08-18-2011, 02:45 AM
As you may recall, RVD claimed in a Miami Harold interview that The Young Bucks never introduced themselves to him during their stint in TNA:

Scott Fishman of The Miami Herald is featuring a lengthy interview with TNA star Rob Van Dam where he discusses a number of topics including younger talent in TNA not seeking out his advice despite being in the business for 20 years. "I'm open to it. Most of the guys, I don't know if they don't feel welcome to ask me or any of the other veterans or what. That is probably an issue that we have is the young guys should ask some of the older guys. They should be saying, 'Hey, watch my match. Let me know what I can improve on.' That never happens enough. Some of the young guys who are or were there, I don't want to mention any names. There were two young guys who just left and looked like they were out of high school. The whole time they were there, they never introduced themselves or shook my hand. Things are way different than they used to be."

To add to this, Booker T wrote on Twitter today about meeting The Young Bucks at this week’s TV tapings, the former Generation Me in TNA. As noted before, the two got a WWE tryout at this week’s tapings.

Booker brought up how Rob Van Dam trashed Generation Me a few weeks back and said a “small tag team called the YB’s” didn’t even shake his hand. Booker also added that the former TNA stars didn’t introduce themselves to him when he walked by and later, one of them was leaning on his jacket and still never introduced himself to Booker.

Follow Booker T on Twitter at this link: http://twitter.com/#!/BookerT5x

Lamar8902
08-18-2011, 03:05 AM
So damn the YB/GenMe are douchebags two legends saying this already these two will never be anything anywhere especially WWE so sad but true

North Vegas Benny
08-18-2011, 03:09 AM
Well if things don't work out for them in WWE then I hope to see them in ROH when it's tv deal starts.

ELNIOJR
08-18-2011, 03:43 AM
Well that's Bad News...

tshizzy34
08-18-2011, 04:12 AM
Sounds like them suckas can't dig it!

Russo swerve
08-18-2011, 04:28 AM
Sucks to be them

BlazersDozen
08-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Maybe they're the type of people who don't notice their surroundings. If I was in a conversation, I wouldn't notice Booker T walk by if he was in a suit with glasses on. I barely recognized Rowdy Piper in person & he was face to face with me. I had to second look.

& RVD is just a doucher so can't blame them on that part.

Or maybe they don't want to look star struck. That's what I try to avoid cuz its embarrassing & in my head I think stars go through enough with fans & probably feel relieved when someone isn't on their nuts in person but I guess I'm wrong lol

Murphdogg4
08-18-2011, 05:18 AM
When this comes from two different sources you have to believe it, sounds like the need to grow up.

Dr. Death
08-18-2011, 05:49 AM
This is just a part of the reason that superstars are not made the same today as in yester-years, the young think they know it all and don't seek advice from those who have been in the business for years, & the old think they can still go and refuse to accept that their time is done and they need to teach the younger generation the tricks they learned to be successful.

steveorton
08-18-2011, 07:47 AM
So damn the YB/GenMe are douchebags two legends saying this already these two will never be anything anywhere especially WWE so sad but true

^^^^THIS, but I initially thought RVD was blowing shit out his ass, just goes to show you should never judge until you know the whole story, I'm jus sayin...

BlazersDozen
08-18-2011, 07:54 AM
This is just a part of the reason that superstars are not made the same today as in yester-years, the young think they know it all and don't seek advice from those who have been in the business for years, & the old think they can still go and refuse to accept that their time is done and they need to teach the younger generation the tricks they learned to be successful.

I think part of the reason for this youngster ego is because they are all mainly getting pushed hard & quick up the ranks so they think they're something. It wasn't too long ago that guys had to work as dark match guys, then jobbers, then hold lower tier card titles then mid card titles before even sniffing the upper mid card for a couple years before they could even think of being in the World Title scene. Now guys come up quick & still raw & win world titles or are upper mid card or main event within the year.

Automatic
08-18-2011, 08:09 AM
It's a business, as long as they rub the right people the good way, they are set.

BlazersDozen
08-18-2011, 08:11 AM
It's a business, as long as they rub the right people the good way, they are set.

That sounded wrong...

I guess it doesn't really matter as long as they know who Vince, Triple H, Cena, Orton & Taker are & show them respect.

AOF666
08-18-2011, 08:16 AM
They don't have to act star struck but you don't want to snub the veterans neither. They most likely got some pull and can help out when you need it. I think they are acting arognant and it is not going to help their career.

maar13
08-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Maybe at some point they have got it all wrong, maybe they think for some reason they will become ass kissers if they go to everyone and show their respect to them, when in reality a simple "Hi, my name is..." has nothing to do with that, it even makes the working enviroment easier and no is not ass kissing or sucking up to anyone.

The guys are young, hope they realize that courtesy is not a bad thing.

Personally I am not crazy about the team, too spoty for me, I know that everything is pretty much spot after spot in wrestling but there is a line when it goes from athletics to complete Circus dance.

rodrigo
08-18-2011, 11:35 AM
^^^^THIS, but I initially thought RVD was blowing shit out his ass, just goes to show you should never judge until you know the whole story, I'm jus sayin...

I'm jus sayin.....I'm jus sayin

The_Awesome_One
08-18-2011, 11:48 AM
i'm sorry but WTF they didnt introduce themselves??? Did booker not know who they were if not then he is an idiot.

Also maybe they are just shy when their not in there personnas you never know

Anyway Booker rubs me up the wrong way with his shit commentary

Juvenile Junkie
08-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Well if things don't work out for them in WWE then I hope to see them in ROH when it's tv deal starts.

ROH can go sign Johnny Swinger too,maybe his hermaphrodite gimmick will finally get them noticed

Juvenile Junkie
08-18-2011, 11:51 AM
rubbing people.wwe.hmmm........

HCollins-TNA1
08-18-2011, 11:55 AM
That sounded wrong...

I guess it doesn't really matter as long as they know who Vince, Triple H, Cena, Orton & Taker are & show them respect.
or any of the WWE suit and ties... we don't see...
Say they do that to Micheal Hayes or John Laruinatis I doubt they would even be looked at after ward... Another thing is RESPECT goes both ways... Just hope the Bucks know it...

Caesar
08-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Wasn't Dolph's first Post-Spirit gimmick introducing himself to everyone?

Kids these days!

Y2J___Y2J
08-18-2011, 12:19 PM
They still might get signed by WWE. Who knows.. Maybe Booker doesn't like them but Vinnie Mac might ( I doubt it though)
They could make the tag division a lot more interesting.!

Iron Ape
08-18-2011, 12:34 PM
I don't know- I would think that these veterans would have better things to do than to worry about some runts not making with the hand-shaking action. I mean, it's an empty, arbitrary gesture whose only value is that which we choose to place upon it. If I were the Book-man, I'd be looking for some R-E-S-P-E-C-T in ways that actually matter, and having your ego stroked by the acknowledgement of strangers isn't really one of them.

CobraNightviper
08-18-2011, 01:10 PM
They should of just took the Dolph Ziggler aprouch when he first came to wwe and shook every bodys hand.

CobraNightviper
08-18-2011, 01:12 PM
I agree come on last time I saw them they looked like the Hardy's when they were in the independents.
I don't know- I would think that these veterans would have better things to do than to worry about some runts not making with the hand-shaking action. I mean, it's an empty, arbitrary gesture whose only value is that which we choose to place upon it. If I were the Book-man, I'd be looking for some R-E-S-P-E-C-T in ways that actually matter, and having your ego stroked by the acknowledgement of strangers isn't really one of them.

HCollins-TNA1
08-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Ape, I think it always been a problem in wrestling... with veteran and younger talents or rookies.... I remember in the 80s it was the same with Flair and Sam Houston and other young talents that came through the NWA.....
As I have said before RESPECT is a two way street it can be given or it can be taken and received..

aeromann
08-18-2011, 01:26 PM
who cares they walked past those kids and didnt say nothing either what makes them think they are to good to introduce themselves offer some advice .get over yourselfs booker and rvd

KingOrton
08-19-2011, 02:57 PM
From the main newsboard:

Goldust gave his thoughts about the Young Bucks on his Twitter.

He wrote: "As booker says.....better show some respect when in the locker room, there are good teachers here that know more than you young bucks....Just a reminder....if trying out for wwe....extend your hand,be polite and respectfull and do what your told. You dont have to like the golden one, but you will respect my knowledge of the business....jfyi"

Matt Jackson wrote on his own Twitter: "Somewhere, somehow, there is a "tell me he didn't just say that?" joke that needs to be told. I love you, wrestling. Nothin' but love & respect for all my peers in the business. Hope everyone makes their own decision based on their own experiences."

Nick Jackson adds: "I respect everyone in the business even if they have bad words about me. God bless them all. Thx to all the loyal fans that support us!"

Finally, their brother Malachi said: "Sounds like @BookerT5x is a little 12 year old girl on his young buck rant. These vets such as @therealrvd and @BookerT5x are jealous of the young bucks cause they cant do half what bucks can do in the ring. I can't believe @MattJackson13 and @NickJacksonYB didn't say hi to @BookerT5x ! #whatisthishighschool ? @RRWWE (Ricardo Rodriguez) Booker t is mad cause they supposedly didn't say hi to him so @BookerT5x is trashing the bucks. I love when vets say stuff bout the young bucks. All they're doing is getting them more popular :O @BookerT5x I didn't shake the hand of someone at work today. The person then tweeted bout how disrespectful I was being @BookerT5x #getoveryourego @BookerT5x that's weird you and rvd are the only ones out of hundreds of workers that don't like the bucks. And btw they've already made it."

What does everyone think? I'm sure most of you are more on the side of the legends and I don't blame you, i'm right with you. The young bucks wont get anywhere like this.

Iron Ape
08-19-2011, 03:05 PM
The #whatisthishighschool hash tag about sums it up perfectly. The vets are in the wrong for getting their underoos in a knot over something so insignificant, and the runts are in the wrong for indulging and perpetuating such trivial bullshit. Nothing good can come from any of these childish shenanigans.

PandaMassacre
08-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Matt an Nick could have easily turned this around, but then Malachi opened his mouth an ruined their chance of getting any kind of forgiveness an acceptance from those within the WWE.

Ruthless_Aggression
08-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Hate to side with RVD, but I guess no smoke without fire. Using passive aggression in your issues with the senior staff of your potential employer is stupid, and having your brother throw in a hate-filled rant isn't too smart either. Have to side with the Legends on this one. A shame too, if they just kept their mouths shut, the 'E would have another terrific tag team to save their "division."

HCollins-TNA1
08-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Most veterans/legends always have demanded respect... It been a thing in wrestling from the 70s, 80s and 90s and early 2000s
Maybe both sides are right... but I side with the Veterans....

HCollins-TNA1
08-19-2011, 03:12 PM
It always been like that in wrestling in the 70s with a young Flair willing to learn from Gagne, Rhodes, Murdoch,the Funks, Race, the Briscos, and etc..
The 80s I remember several young talents who reminded me of The Bucks.. Sam Houston and Kendall Windom... Houston even had his run in with Flair in the NWA... The 90s Marcus Bagwell, Ice Train, and Eric Watts 3 young guys then who knew to pay respect to Veterans and say hi and yes sir or no sir...

Iron Ape
08-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Hate to side with RVD, but I guess no smoke without fire. Using passive aggression in your issues with the senior staff of your potential employer is stupid, and having your brother throw in a hate-filled rant isn't too smart either. Have to side with the Legends on this one. A shame too, if they just kept their mouths shut, the 'E would have another terrific tag team to save their "division."
I don't really think this is a case of "smoke without fire" so much as it's a group-think of friends throwing a collective hissy-fit for not having their precious egos stroked.

EDIT: And if the Bucks are denied a shot in the WWE for not slapping skins with some dude they don't know, I think that says more about the company than it does them. I mean, those guys' day should have been spent focused entirely on delivering in the ring and not blowing their big shot, not worrying about satiating the fragile egos of guys with nothing better to do than piss and moan on the internet.

ratedy2jayz
08-19-2011, 03:17 PM
They're not helping themselves by responding to their indy friends that are calling the veterans egotistic.

TheRockerGother
08-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Funny how no one believed RVD when this first started happening and slammed him for it.lol

HCollins-TNA1
08-19-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't really think this is a case of "smoke without fire" so much as it's a group-think of friends throwing a collective hissy-fit for not having their precious egos stroked.

EDIT: And if the Bucks are denied a shot in the WWE for not slapping skins with some dude they don't know, I think that says more about the company than it does them. I mean, those guys' day should have been spent focused entirely on delivering in the ring and not blowing their big shot, not worrying about satiating the fragile egos of guys with nothing better to do than piss and moan on the internet.
At the End of the day it who they rub wrong is all that really matter.... Such as talent scouts who wathes their match....

THEKEVINBRAND
08-19-2011, 03:20 PM
after what i saw on twitter today, the bucks chances of getting in went down again

Iron Ape
08-19-2011, 03:22 PM
who cares they walked past those kids and didnt say nothing either what makes them think they are to good to introduce themselves offer some advice .get over yourselfs booker and rvd
Pretty much.

Y2J___Y2J
08-19-2011, 03:27 PM
This thing just seems blown out of proportion. The vets shouldn't have started it IMO but The Young Bucks brother ( or whoever he was) really didn't help their cause

Iron Ape
08-19-2011, 03:27 PM
after what i saw on twitter today, the bucks chances of getting in went down again
Does anyone really have any faith that Tiny Toons were even going to be used properly if they had been brought in? I know what the dirtsheets are reporting, but I see no evidence to support that the tag division is actively, actually being turned around. I mean, aren't friggin' Otunga and McGillicutty still the champs?

dres1214
08-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I take it as any situation in life, when you get a new job or meet new people. You introduce yourself, out of a sign of respect. Shaking someone's hand is a sign of respect, introducing yourself is being respectful. If you meet a girls dad are you going to just shrug him off? My point is both sides are in the wrong. Booker shouldn't have wrote about it in twitter, he should've been a man and told them upfront. Young Bucks should've showed respect to the Veterans, even if they didn't know them. It's common sense.

Iron Ape
08-19-2011, 03:51 PM
I take it as any situation in life, when you get a new job or meet new people. You introduce yourself, out of a sign of respect. Shaking someone's hand is a sign of respect, introducing yourself is being respectful. If you meet a girls dad are you going to just shrug him off? My point is both sides are in the wrong. Booker shouldn't have wrote about it in twitter, he should've been a man and told them upfront. Young Bucks should've showed respect to the Veterans, even if they didn't know them. It's common sense.
But they didn't even get the job at that point; it was an interview. And do we know how many people are backstage at any given time? Introducing yourself to every single person you come across the second you have a single foot in the door could/would be an insurmountable task. I would imagine that nailing the interview would be a priority over ingratiating one's self to a roster of varying egos that you may or may not even end up working up.

ELNIOJR
08-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Young Bucks! We're Comin afta' You Niggaz!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100712171344/prowrestling/images/7/7b/136_Booker_T_and_Goldust_1.jpg

KingOrton
08-19-2011, 04:11 PM
But they didn't even get the job at that point; it was an interview. And do we know how many people are backstage at any given time? Introducing yourself to every single person you come across the second you have a single foot in the door could/would be an insurmountable task. I would imagine that nailing the interview would be a priority over ingratiating one's self to a roster of varying egos that you may or may not even end up working up.

All they need is to show respect to some of the legends back there (Booker T, Gold Dust, Triple H) and maybe a few of the bigger stars (Cena, Punk, ect) then if you get the job, down the road you can start introducing yourself and shaking hands with the rest of the guys (Barrett, Ziggler, ect..)

Murphdogg4
08-19-2011, 04:23 PM
The Bucks are completly in the wrong, it's time honored tradition in wrestling to show the vets respect, they should just thank god all they have to do is shake hands, in the old days they had to carry the vets bags and endure non stop hazing. Now they are crying because hey have to shake hands? Whiney lil punks if you ask me.

Asherdelampyr
08-19-2011, 04:24 PM

I don't know about you, but when I am on a job interview, I at least try to seem friendly to everyone I come in contact with, especially if they are someone who has been there a while, it's just courtesy.

As far as I can tell, all either Booker or Goldust wanted was for them to say hi, and introduce themselves... Is that really such a tall order? do they have to introduce themselves to everyone they come across? of course not, but at least a smile and wave would work for the majority?

And when you come across 2 veterans that you saw wrestling while you were still in your jammies, trying to convince mommy to let you stay up past 8 so you could finish watching, perhaps a simple handshake is in order?

maar13
08-19-2011, 04:29 PM
The #whatisthishighschool hash tag about sums it up perfectly. The vets are in the wrong for getting their underoos in a knot over something so insignificant, and the runts are in the wrong for indulging and perpetuating such trivial bullshit. Nothing good can come from any of these childish shenanigans.

I think you got it all wrong. When in High school were you requested to say hi to anyone? Hey there are some places in which HR personal give you a tour and you introduce yourself to everyone, and they introduce their selves to you, that is not high school that is the corporate world and that is to make a easy going environment.

Trivial bullshit if you will but that is how the world works and is not just in wrestling.

And from what Goldust say it was not just the "Hi" thing.

Also, OK, the Bucks didn't put anything disrespectful on their tweets, but their brother is a jackass by putting that there, he was not even there and started write bs there, Booker and RVD jealous? give me a break.

Well it is not the point, it is not like after the match they didn't come back to the locker room, then you say "Sorry I was not able to introduce myself earlier, I am..." as easy as that, yes there might be like 50 guys if you will, but Hell if you aspire to work there, and the guys are there, maybe they can put a good word on you, that works in any job.

Is like "Hey Goldust, who were the YB?"
-Oh those guys from last week, They seemed cool.

Is easier than
-"Who? Don't remember."

And just because of a "Hi, my name is.." You know that works in any company.

And sorry but as good as many made the YB out to be, they are not that great, yes they are young and all but as a tag team they are no way better than lets say TKOW or Beer Money, etc.

So a simple "Hi" wouldn't hurt their chances.

jordan1995
08-19-2011, 04:29 PM
both in the wrong..blown way out of proportion

Rilla
08-19-2011, 04:31 PM
On the other foot, why didn't the vets go shake hands with them. <-- lolol

But seriously, I walked into school and didn't know anyone and people came and introduced themselves to me. It really could have been either way.

If Booker and them saw how they were in the ring, why not come up to them and introduce themselves. 'Hey, I'm Booker/Golddust/RVD, and I liked what I saw out there, you did good, could work on this, that, and the third imo, but overall good tryout. Good luck.'

Murphdogg4
08-19-2011, 04:41 PM
bump
thought this thread deserved to be moved up since it was the original post on this topic.

maar13
08-19-2011, 04:46 PM
On the other foot, why didn't the vets go shake hands with them. <-- lolol

But seriously, I walked into school and didn't know anyone and people came and introduced themselves to me. It really could have been either way.

If Booker and them saw how they were in the ring, why not come up to them and introduce themselves. 'Hey, I'm Booker/Golddust/RVD, and I liked what I saw out there, you did good, could work on this, that, and the third imo, but overall good tryout. Good luck.'

Good for you, but that doesn't happen everywhere, When people already know each other in other places tends to acknoledge new people with out saying anything.

Is like when you get to a new work station, you get to your chair with out saying anything and most people see you and just pass by, sure there wll always be the nice guy who is going to say Hi to to you but not everyone is going to, imo is better fi you see people there not too busy try to intoduce yourself, even if you are not going to end up working there, who knows? maybe someone will put a good word on you just because you were polite enough to say "hi".

FaceOfSpades
08-19-2011, 04:46 PM
I think you got it all wrong. When in High school were you requested to say hi to anyone? Hey there are some places in which HR personal give you a tour and you introduce yourself to everyone, and they introduce their selves to you, that is not high school that is the corporate world and that is to make a easy going environment.

Trivial bullshit if you will but that is how the world works and is not just in wrestling.

And from what Goldust say it was not just the "Hi" thing.

Also, OK, the Bucks didn't put anything disrespectful on their tweets, but their brother is a jackass by putting that there, he was not even there and started write bs there, Booker and RVD jealous? give me a break.

Well it is not the point, it is not like after the match they didn't come back to the locker room, then you say "Sorry I was not able to introduce myself earlier, I am..." as easy as that, yes there might be like 50 guys if you will, but Hell if you aspire to work there, and the guys are there, maybe they can put a good word on you, that works in any job.

Is easier than
-"Who? Don't remember."

And sorry but as good as many made the YB out to be, they are not that great, yes they are young and all but as a tag team they are no way better than lets say TKOW or Beer Money, etc.

He said high school becuz in h.s. People get mad over "not speaking". I think they should have spoke first, but who's to say they haven't said "hey we're the bucks" and a vet said "so?" Me, I would speak to everyone but knowing wrestlers/people can be assholes I wouldn't expect everyone to be super friendly.

AirBourne
08-19-2011, 04:52 PM
No, the vets are right here. These guys have been doing what the Young Bucks in this case have been doing since they were kids and should show at least some respect, in this business, you want to get anywhere, you have to earn your respect, and being rude and disrespectful to the ones who made this business watchable and interested and made it better and have been doing it a lot longer then you is not the way to go. I've never liked the Young Bucks attitude, they always seemed cocky to me. Even if it was their persona or whatever. And whoever mentioned earlier about it being a try out, I believe it was Iron Ape, listen, regardless if it is an interview, you show respect whatever way you can. In any business, you have to earn your respect, just like the veterans before them. Total disrespect by the Young Bucks, not only to Booker T and Goldust, and RVD, they need to understand where respect is supposed to be given.

Automatic
08-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Maybe they are really shy? But besides that, those vets are really blowing this thing out of proportion. Oh boohoo someone doesn't say hi, go cry me a river.

johnnydropkicks
08-19-2011, 05:00 PM
I gotta side with Booker T and Goldust.. don't really care about RVD.. but I also see where the bucks are coming from. I mean, the wrestling business is filled with drugged out political manipulators. so yeah I can see why they might be a little opposed to making friends but at the same time they're a part of it. they're there too so they can't be all too cool for it.

least that's what I was reading off of it. might be they're just assholes.

maar13
08-19-2011, 05:01 PM
He said high school becuz in h.s. People get mad over "not speaking". I think they should have spoke first, but who's to say they haven't said "hey we're the bucks" and a vet said "so?" Me, I would speak to everyone but knowing wrestlers/people can be assholes I wouldn't expect everyone to be super friendly.

Yes but like you say, You don't expect everyone to be superfriendly, but you say "hi" anyway, there is always going to be the jack as who says "so?" but there is also always someone who is going to say "Hi, I am...how are you doing?" I mean, I can get it if 2 guys were saying it but 3?

FaceOfSpades
08-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes but like you say, You don't expect everyone to be superfriendly, but you say "hi" anyway, there is always going to be the jack as who says "so?" but there is also always someone who is going to say "Hi, I am...how are you doing?" I mean, I can get it if 2 guys were saying it but 3?

Maybe they just didn't like book-dust, maybe they spoke to rvd but he was high as towlie. It pretty much works both ways. In the real world(I'll get to real world in a second) people do the same thing every day. Shit, I speak and people ig me. If that was the case book-dust and rv-skeed would have a better case. Look how miz was treated (told ya I'd be back at real world). If ur not a man amongst men in wwe ur bound to be hazed n shit. Maybe they're not...men I guess.

dres1214
08-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Both of the guys are wrong in the situation. What I said was just common sense. I mean if you want a career you want to expand yourself and not give off that you are a prick. It's common sense. I guess people only understand if they have a career and want to move up in their career. Same thing with WWE, it's politics. You gotta learn the politics.Veterans have a strong voice in WWE I would imagine. But the topic is which party is wrong. Both of them are in the wrong. Plain and simple.

Iron Ape
08-19-2011, 05:28 PM
All they need is to show respect to some of the legends back there (Booker T, Gold Dust, Triple H) and maybe a few of the bigger stars (Cena, Punk, ect) then if you get the job, down the road you can start introducing yourself and shaking hands with the rest of the guys (Barrett, Ziggler, ect..)
See, but cherry-picking who gets their hand shook and who doesn't is likely to get misconstrued and rub some the wrong way, too. These guys can't please everybody, especially on the first day of a job they haven't even started.

This is such an asinine thing for anyone to be making an issue over.

FaceOfSpades
08-19-2011, 05:33 PM
See, but cherry-picking who gets their hand shook and who doesn't is likely to get misconstrued and rub some the wrong way, too. These guys can't please everybody, especially on the first day of a job they haven't even started.

This is such an asinine thing for anyone to be making an issue over.

When it comes down to grown ass men, yes it is.

Iron Ape
08-19-2011, 05:46 PM
The high-schoolish part was them taking to friggin' Twitter to act as if a great miscarriage of justice had occurred. These are grown men starting e-drama over a handshake, and who started off in the right or in the wrong doesn't negate that being childish.

Also, putting heat on some young kids and potentially jeopardizing their advancement of their careers for something like this is just so petty and selfish. Booker could have disliked it and still gone about his day. Resorting to this kind of behavior makes him no better than the people he's railing against, really.

Yeah, I'm not defending that guy at all.

Is easier than
-"Who? Don't remember."

Sure, an introduction is a great idea, but they're in no way obligated to take that approach, much less be taken to task for it on a global platform (especially on one as vapid and pointless as Twitter). If Booker is so concerned about these guys acting like men and showing respect, then why not pull them aside and show them how it's done? What's to be gained from running to the internet and making a bad situation worse? I don't get that, like, at all.

And even without the introduction, he seemed to know who they were, so him going "Who? Don't remember," seems to be a bit of a non-issue, really.

On the flip-side, an absence of a "Hi" shouldn't hurt their chances, either.

Iron Ape
08-19-2011, 05:59 PM
No, the vets are right here. These guys have been doing what the Young Bucks in this case have been doing since they were kids and should show at least some respect, in this business, you want to get anywhere, you have to earn your respect, and being rude and disrespectful to the ones who made this business watchable and interested and made it better and have been doing it a lot longer then you is not the way to go. I've never liked the Young Bucks attitude, they always seemed cocky to me. Even if it was their persona or whatever. And whoever mentioned earlier about it being a try out, I believe it was Iron Ape, listen, regardless if it is an interview, you show respect whatever way you can. In any business, you have to earn your respect, just like the veterans before them. Total disrespect by the Young Bucks, not only to Booker T and Goldust, and RVD, they need to understand where respect is supposed to be given.
See, I don't buy into this "you show respect whatever way you can" business; some people forgo the empty gestures and show their respect in substantial ways that actually matter. Besides, how do you know that these kids weren't nervous and/or distracted? Trying out for the big show is sort of a big deal, and one would be doing themselves a disservice to assume that these guys were completely cognizant of their surroundings (and therefore even knew Booker was in their vicinity, much less focusing on giving him the stroke he, apparently, so desperately needed).

AOF666
08-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Sounds like to me the veterans are petty in this situation. I guess they suppose to bow down and be all awed because who they are. Would oit hurt for Booker T or RVD to go over there and introduce themselves to them? Veterans are being arrogant in this situation. In a way the Young Bucks don't even have the job yet, so why get friendly with people?

Young Bucks not introducing themselves are not helping their chance for working for WWE. Veterans can help by putting in a good word. It is not a sign of disrespect but a sign of stupidity. Running their mouths on twitter is not going to help their situation.

They all are in the wrong, when grown men acting like children!

Iron Ape
08-19-2011, 06:07 PM
The Bucks are completly in the wrong, it's time honored tradition in wrestling to show the vets respect, they should just thank god all they have to do is shake hands, in the old days they had to carry the vets bags and endure non stop hazing. Now they are crying because hey have to shake hands? Whiney lil punks if you ask me.
I could be wrong, but the crying and whining seems to be coming mostly from the ones not getting their hands shook, not the other way around (this is of course excluding this mysterious, and entirely out of line, 3rd Buck or whatever you want to call him).

THEKEVINBRAND
08-19-2011, 07:35 PM
It has been reported here a while back that former TNA tag team and ROH standouts The Young Bucks have caught the ire of former King of the Ring and SmackDown announcer Booker T, citing claims that they were both disrespectful to the 6-time world champion. Now, they're being defended and even heralded to their perceived likeness to former Two and a Half Men actor and comedian Charlie Sheen. SoCal independent wrestler, Joey Ryan, who was also working the WWE TV tapings, said this on Twitter.

@JoeyRyanOnline: "I love that @MattJackson13 & @NickJacksonYB are the @CharlieSheen of pro wrestling. Except The Young Bucks could pass a wellness test.

Iron Ape
08-19-2011, 07:46 PM
What's the connection between them and Charlie Sheen, exactly?

THEKEVINBRAND
08-19-2011, 09:01 PM
What's the connection between them and Charlie Sheen, exactly?

probably the fact that they're burning bridges with every one i presume

ajstyless
08-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Come on people....... let me translate this for you. Because RVD put heat on them they now have a gimmick and Booker and crew are running with it. This is called a "PUSH"

Iron Ape
08-19-2011, 09:54 PM
probably the fact that they're burning bridges with every one i presume
I guess that's what the person behind the comment meant. But, really, some young guys not saying "Hi" and/or extending a hand to some potential co-workers isn't anywhere near the same thing as a drug addict going on a mania-induced media blitz in which he alienates and disparages his boss and co-workers in every way possible.

THEKEVINBRAND
08-19-2011, 10:15 PM
I guess that's what the person behind the comment meant. But, really, some young guys not saying "Hi" and/or extending a hand to some potential co-workers isn't anywhere near the same thing as a drug addict going on a mania-induced media blitz in which he alienates and disparages his boss and co-workers in every way possible.

i just c&p'ed news that was relevant to this topic

Iron Ape
08-19-2011, 10:38 PM
i just c&p'ed news that was relevant to this topic
Yeah, I know, man. I wasn't saying you did anything wrong; simply commenting that it was a bit of an asinine comparison.

Cain
08-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Just to be fair if I were a talented wrestler that made it big I would be pretty shy myself around huge names inside of the Pro Wrestling industry. The only issue I have with this is that Booker T mentioned that one of the Bucks leaned on his jacket. That does not sound like a shy action to me. But I also never understood why all of these older wrestlers demand respect from the younger generation. That would be like me starting a job at Gamestop, and then randomly thanking all of my fellow co workers for selling games before I had arrived. It would just be weird an nobody is really willing to do that. So I understand how the Bucks may have been feeling while being around backstage. However, Malachi burned their bridges with the WWE entirely. They should never let their brother speak for them again.

maar13
08-20-2011, 07:15 AM
Maybe they just didn't like book-dust, maybe they spoke to rvd but he was high as towlie. It pretty much works both ways. In the real world(I'll get to real world in a second) people do the same thing every day. Shit, I speak and people ig me. If that was the case book-dust and rv-skeed would have a better case. Look how miz was treated (told ya I'd be back at real world). If ur not a man amongst men in wwe ur bound to be hazed n shit. Maybe they're not...men I guess.

Look I was taking their side when the RVD report came out, but seriously, if they didn't like "Book-dust" like you call them a "hi" is not going to freaking hurt.

And about the Miz, he knew he did something wrong, or understood that because even he said it, He was eating over someone else's bag and got kicked out, but that mf man up and made his way back, Even JBL gives the kid props fir his case because he understood it was wrong and behave like a man, swallow it and did what he had to do to come back to the Locker room.

Even JBL said himself "Damn right I was a bully, if that helped the kid to be better, fine I was a bully" and look at the Miz now, damn the Internet fans might not respect the guy but the people at the WWE and the damn Locker room respect the guy.

Also, he did that, when he was already employed so, I thing is easier to make a mistake once you are in, not before that.

Rassling_Fan
08-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Come on people....... let me translate this for you. Because RVD put heat on them they now have a gimmick and Booker and crew are running with it. This is called a "PUSH"

Wouldn't a Push first require to be hired by the company?

Dr. Death
08-20-2011, 04:26 PM

^^^This^^^

WWTNA Mark
08-22-2011, 10:40 PM
I understand where Booker is coming from because you are still suppose to show respect to the people that paved the way to you but its not even that serious.

THEKEVINBRAND
08-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I know, man. I wasn't saying you did anything wrong; simply commenting that it was a bit of an asinine comparison.

ok then :P