PDA

View Full Version : The U

RomanFlare
08-17-2011, 08:13 PM
So, anyone who follows college football, or watches ESPN, has probably heard about the Miami of Florida University scandal:

One booster paid benefits for 60+ U players across two sports for 6+ years, with 7 different coaches being paid off.

What's gonna happen to the U?

IPOOPINTHEBATH
08-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Holy shitballs and applesauce, I had not heard this. Imagine how bad USC got it for Reggie, this is like all of recent history with a shitton of people. HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO NOT GET CAUGHT?? I can't even imagine the scope of what's going to happen to them.

Hey, at least my Duckies don't look so bad now, right? Right?

Honestly, it's at the point where something's gotta give. There are so many scandals right now the NCAA either needs to rewrite the rulebook (I read a great article about that on either SI or ESPN a week or two ago) and give most of these schools a mulligan, or they're going to have to crack the whip and throw the book at every last one of the schools committing infractions. Shitfuckdamn.

RomanFlare
08-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Holy shitballs and applesauce, I had not heard this. Imagine how bad USC got it for Reggie, this is like all of recent history with a shitton of people. HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO NOT GET CAUGHT?? I can't even imagine the scope of what's going to happen to them.

Hey, at least my Duckies don't look so bad now, right? Right?

Honestly, it's at the point where something's gotta give. There are so many scandals right now the NCAA either needs to rewrite the rulebook (I read a great article about that on either SI or ESPN a week or two ago) and give most of these schools a mulligan, or they're going to have to crack the whip and throw the book at every last one of the schools committing infractions. Shitfuckdamn.

The highlight, in my opinion: He took a player to a strip club, paid for dances for the kid, paid the stripper to sleep with the player, then paid for the abortion when the stripper got pregnant. Yeah. Suddenly Auburn, Oregon, and Ohio State don't look bad. At all.

The guy is in Jail on a Ponsey scheme, but players are already stepping forward saying it's all true. I'm expecting the Death Penalty--All sports (Football & Basketball, I think) will be haulted for X years. No tv ban, no bowl ban, 100% stoppage. And if Football and Basketball, the ONLY money-making sports in college, go, the entire athletic department will fold. And the ACC will (probably) crumble. Apocalypse, thy name is Hurricanes.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
08-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Well shit. Sounds like it's time for Superconferences!

RomanFlare
08-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Well shit. Sounds like it's time for Superconferences!

Exactly! If the U gets the Penalty, I think Florida St and Clemson will probably BEG to get into the SEC, which means they'll look for a 16th team. Big Ten will finally give into to the yapping dog that is Missouri, and try to court the fuck out of Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. Notre will probably buckle. We don't want Texas--the Pac can have Texas. Pick up Boise while you're at it.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
08-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Exactly! If the U gets the Penalty, I think Florida St and Clemson will probably BEG to get into the SEC, which means they'll look for a 16th team. Big Ten will finally give into to the yapping dog that is Missouri, and try to court the fuck out of Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. Notre will probably buckle. We don't want Texas--the Pac can have Texas. Pick up Boise while you're at it.

We wanted the Texas teams! I think them having their own TV deal screwed it up as the Pac is doing something similar as a whole.

CFB is like the only real sport I can really get into. Stupid Oregon and not having enough pro teams. Fuck the Blazers.

RomanFlare
08-17-2011, 08:44 PM
We wanted the Texas teams! I think them having their own TV deal screwed it up as the Pac is doing something similar as a whole.

CFB is like the only real sport I can really get into. Stupid Oregon and not having enough pro teams. Fuck the Blazers.

I present to you Ohio: Browns, Cavaliers, Indians, Reds, and Bengals. Yeaaaaaaaah. You can see why College Football is King.

Edit: Do you play NCAA '12?

IPOOPINTHEBATH
08-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Nope, I could borrow it from my buddy when he's done, and I think I might. Last I played was 07 and I hated it. I loved 06 and still bust it out now and then. I HATE CHANGE.

RomanFlare
08-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Nope, I could borrow it from my buddy when he's done, and I think I might. Last I played was 07 and I hated it. I loved 06 and still bust it out now and then. I HATE CHANGE.

Ah, damn. I was wondering if you had monumental shakeups in your conferences. Lol.

KJ PUNK
08-17-2011, 09:32 PM
I think that The U will for sure get the death penalty IF THESE ARE PROVEN TO BE TRUE. I don't think there's any way for them to avoid it. And Roman, I play NCAA 12 and I think the only major shake up was on mine was Boise going to the Pac and TCU going to the Big 12.

Bodom
08-17-2011, 09:34 PM
It's Miami.

RomanFlare
08-17-2011, 09:41 PM
It's Miami.

Yeah, which is why I believe it's all true, and then some. Bet they put crack in their coffee--those rich, party-loving bastards.

I think that The U will for sure get the death penalty IF THESE ARE PROVEN TO BE TRUE. I don't think there's any way for them to avoid it. And Roman, I play NCAA 12 and I think the only major shake up was on mine was Boise going to the Pac and TCU going to the Big 12.

Players are already admitting to it. And yeah, Boise is in my Pac-14 (with Nevada, who was #5 when the shift happened), and TCU went to the Big 12 year one. But my conferences look really weird in the Big East/ACC/SEC.

KJ PUNK
08-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Players are already admitting to it. And yeah, Boise is in my Pac-14 (with Nevada, who was #5 when the shift happened), and TCU went to the Big 12 year one. But my conferences look really weird in the Big East/ACC/SEC.

Yeah my Big East, ACC or SEC haven't changed at all.

RomanFlare
08-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah my Big East, ACC or SEC haven't changed at all.

Seriously? Huh. I had to move Georgia Tech to the SEC when Arkansas left (GT was originally an SEC member, I believe), and that set off a landslife shift in the Big East and ACC to keep them BCS-Relevant... Which failed xD

KJ PUNK
08-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Seriously? Huh. I had to move Georgia Tech to the SEC when Arkansas left (GT was originally an SEC member, I believe), and that set off a landslife shift in the Big East and ACC to keep them BCS-Relevant... Which failed xD

Indeed they were! I go to Mississippi State (which is HUGELY overrated in the game, but I'm enjoying it :)) and Arkansas and South Carolina are the only ones that weren't founding members of the SEC. The other founding members were Tulane and Sewanee (which de-emphasized athletics and left) and if I remember correctly founding members cannot be voted out of the conference by the other members, they have to leave willingly.

broc808
08-17-2011, 10:22 PM
i think the biggest surprise in this is that they were doing that and not getting stand out players and nit that great a team

RomanFlare
08-17-2011, 10:24 PM
i think the biggest surprise in this is that they were doing that and not getting stand out players and nit that great a team

Well, it looks like he was there for the tail-end of their Super Run. Willis McGhee was listed as one of the current Pros that he did things for.

broc808
08-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Well, it looks like he was there for the tail-end of their Super Run. Willis McGhee was listed as one of the current Pros that he did things for.

so it was going on long enough for McGahee to be involved? any other significant players on that list

RomanFlare
08-17-2011, 10:32 PM
so it was going on long enough for McGahee to be involved? any other significant players on that list

Dunno, I can't find it. I saw ESPN put it up during Mike & Mike.

HolyJose2391
08-17-2011, 10:37 PM
So, anyone who follows college football, or watches ESPN, has probably heard about the Miami of Florida University scandal:

One booster paid benefits for 60+ U players across two sports for 6+ years, with 7 different coaches being paid off.

I hope this affects their college basketball. Laranga should have never left GMU!

HCollins-TNA1
08-18-2011, 11:59 AM

That seem to be going on everywhere... with UCLA and USC and Ohio State and several other schools...

RomanFlare
08-18-2011, 12:02 PM
That seem to be going on everywhere... with UCLA and USC and Ohio State and several other schools...

Yeah, but all of the other schools seem to be limited it 1, 2, at most 6-7 players at a time. This is at LEAST 28 players, possibly up to 80. The sheer number of players involved is what makes it a huge problem.

HCollins-TNA1
08-18-2011, 12:16 PM
TCU is actually going to the Big East...