PDA

View Full Version : tittle picture

jordan1995
08-17-2011, 05:16 PM
ok guys whilst doing the rounds i found this on bleacher report and what an interesting scenario this would be :

"Del Rio's cash-in came after a ludicrous end to an excellent main event. Cena's foot was on the bottom rope when Punk made the pin, and it's not beyond WWE to remove or reverse the victory after studying the footage.

So if Punk wasn't the real champion, does that mean Del Rio isn't the real champion either? And if he isn't, does that mean he gets the briefcase back to cash in again at a later date? "

any thoughts on this ?

jordan1995
08-17-2011, 05:30 PM
personally id like to see this happen

Steve Austin
08-17-2011, 05:34 PM
The thing that annoyed me was that even though I wanted Punk to win is that it wasn't restarted, I know its a storyline but they are so inconsistent with these decisions it gets annoying. Oh and I bet Punk gets put in a feud with Nash even though he should get a rematch they will let Cena win it back after the tapings in Mexico.

As for Del Rio cashing in on Punk, it was probably so he would be more over as a face. Another thing that annoyed me was Punk got a Jacknife and a kick after his match and got pinned but Cena after winning a chamber kicked out of a spear against Edge.

bcfccalum
08-17-2011, 05:36 PM
The thing that annoyed me was that even though I wanted Punk to win is that it wasn't restarted, I know its a storyline but they are so inconsistent with these decisions it gets annoying. Oh and I bet Punk gets put in a feud with Nash even though he should get a rematch they will let Cena win it back after the tapings in Mexico.

As for Del Rio cashing in on Punk, it was probably so he would be more over as a face. Another thing that annoyed me was Punk got a Jacknife and a kick after his match and got pinned but Cena after winning a chamber kicked out of a spear against Edge.

kicked out of 2 spears wasnt it?

Steve Austin
08-17-2011, 05:39 PM

Not sure man but 1 is enough after a chamber.

jordan1995
08-17-2011, 05:49 PM

2 spears..kicked out of 1

beatfighter3000
08-17-2011, 05:51 PM
It would have been an even greater match if they had restarted it
it would have made the match even more edgier in the sense that Triple H wanted a champion in the correct way.
He already threw both men in the ring to get the match to continue, so why couldn't he just look at a stupid tape to assess if punk was the rightful champion??
I wouldn't have minded Nash coming out right at the end [if punk had won] and then jackknifed him after that, but the ending was a bit too rushed for me personally.

And Punk was a wwe champion aswell, plus he was technically the last person with the title, so in a sense, doesnt he have a rematch clause in his pocket? Either way the WWE title has become nothing with the amount of reigns a certain individual has had, and dare I say it
Cm punk is beyond the WWE title

ihearvoices
08-17-2011, 05:54 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5IpbZT4UEP0/TQnhm1h7mkI/AAAAAAAAAuo/r0gnpfKDFl4/s320/StopBitching.jpg

1. you dont even know where the storyline is going with Nash/HHH/Steph & punk so to just go ape shit over punk losing the title seems a little childish.

2. Who says Cena will even win the belt against ADR and if i recall this was suppose to be the match for SummerSlam before the whole punk thing so in my eyes this is just WWE making right with ADR for the big screw up they did on their part by fucking ADR over and taking him out the picture up til Summerslam and putting punk first.

3. Really your upset about the fact Punk didnt kick out after being attack but cena did when he kick out of 1 spears by edge after being a chamber?
News flash buddy it happens all the time.

4. its nothing personal i just hate people who come on here and bitch and moan about how cena is being used or how great cm punk is its just so overdone and unoriginal.

Steve Austin
08-17-2011, 06:05 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5IpbZT4UEP0/TQnhm1h7mkI/AAAAAAAAAuo/r0gnpfKDFl4/s320/StopBitching.jpg

1. you dont even know where the storyline is going with Nash/HHH/Steph & punk so to just go ape shit over punk losing the title seems a little childish.

2. Who says Cena will even win the belt against ADR and if i recall this was suppose to be the match for SummerSlam before the whole punk thing so in my eyes this is just WWE making right with ADR for the big screw up they did on their part by fucking ADR over and taking him out the picture up til Summerslam and putting punk first.

3. Really your upset about the fact Punk didnt kick out after being attack but cena did when he kick out of 1 spears by edge after being a chamber?
News flash buddy it happens all the time.

4. its nothing personal i just hate people who come on here and bitch and moan about how cena is being used or how great cm punk is its just so overdone and unoriginal.

Don't worry about it, I know what you mean anyway I like Cena ;) It just annoys me that there is no consistency, they could easily just have Del Rio attack Punk with the briefcase first just to make it a bit more realistic, it just seems Punk got beat a little to easy.Its only a few small things but they get to me. I admit I may be wrong with the Punk/Nash thing. The same thing seems to happen with Cena, I don't hate him I actually like the guy and I know he is the face of the WWE but it just seems like that every storyline end up with Cena as champ but atleast that gives me the consistency I wanted haha ;)

Y2Jryder
08-17-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't think the WWE is that stupid to do that.
Just let Del rio lose the title after the mexican tour

ihearvoices
08-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Don't worry about it, I know what you mean anyway I like Cena ;) It just annoys me that there is no consistency, they could easily just have Del Rio attack Punk with the briefcase first just to make it a bit more realistic, it just seems Punk got beat a little to easy.Its only a few small things but they get to me. I admit I may be wrong with the Punk/Nash thing. The same thing seems to happen with Cena, I don't hate him I actually like the guy and I know he is the face of the WWE but it just seems like that every storyline end up with Cena as champ but atleast that gives me the consistency I wanted haha ;)

I agree with you to a point but i dont think it could of went down any better cause cena lose with his feet on the rope so everyone thing oh the match is going to start over then cena walk off then everyone is thinking HHH and Punk is about to get into it and then boom nash comes out then everyone is like WTF then ADR comes out and cash the MITB case and win the belt. Like it was so unpredictable. As far as punk title run he will get another chance at the belt i think he will use his rematch clause and nash will screw him over again building up their feud even more. Right now punk needs to prove he can be the star with and without the tile he claim he should be. If he does good without the belt I promise u he will be champ again and again.

Lamar8902
08-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Well if it is true that WWE gave Del Rio the WWE championship due to them going to Mexico and they wanting a Mexican face why not put the tittle or keep the tittle on Rey?? He is still very popular in Mexico and maybe even the biggest Mexican star I know he's way over than Del Rio so why not Rey as champion

Asherdelampyr
08-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Well if it is true that WWE gave Del Rio the WWE championship due to them going to Mexico and they wanting a Mexican face why not put the tittle or keep the tittle on Rey?? He is still very popular in Mexico and maybe even the biggest Mexican star I know he's way over than Del Rio so why not Rey as champion
perhaps because Rey is from Cali?

Y2J___Y2J
08-17-2011, 06:35 PM
This won't happen.. I'm basically pissed that Cena is starting to feud with ADR again for the title.. after losing it TWICE to Punk in 2 months while getting a match against Rey..

MattTY2JHBK
08-17-2011, 06:37 PM
perhaps because Rey is from Cali?
Rey Mysterio is HUGE in Mexico. I'm sure Alberto Del Rio even mentioned it in his promo?

ihearvoices
08-17-2011, 06:40 PM

Rey is injured so i think they are trying to keep him limited as much as they can most likely he might be in alot of tag matches during the tour

Mtt08 xXx
08-17-2011, 06:51 PM
I honestly don't mind how things are. Cena will ALWAYS be contending for the title. that's just how it is. but I feel like punk is involved in a bigger better feud with Nash/"the Corp". look at stone cold. he was arguably at his best when he was feuding with mcmahon

Asherdelampyr
08-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Rey Mysterio is HUGE in Mexico. I'm sure Alberto Del Rio even mentioned it in his promo?

huge in mexico
that just makes me laugh, cause he's short

yes, I realize that Mysterio is wildly popular in mexico, so is Dos Caras jr aka Alberto Del Rio. and Alberto has the advantage of actually being born in, and wrestling for most of his time in the country they are visiting and trying to court

MattTY2JHBK
08-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Spot on, and that is why Alberto Del Rio is the WWE Champion at the moment. I predict when the tour of Mexico is over, he will lose the title back to CM Punk.

Asherdelampyr
08-17-2011, 07:14 PM
honestly I am hoping that if he shows he is a capable champ he gets to keep it for a while
Punk doesn't need the belt to get over right now, and has a ready-made story that will keep him in the main event.
Also, I am sick of all the short title reigns from both WWE and TNA (I also hate the name Impact Wrestling)

AWrestlingGod
08-17-2011, 07:24 PM
I hope this story line eventually leads to a major fatal 4 way or some kind of 6 man match that includes cm punk ,alberto del rio, john cena, rey mysterio, the miz, and some one else like rtruth or john morrison

AOF666
08-17-2011, 07:51 PM

Pretty sure the original pan was to have Rey be champ, but he got injured so plans changed.

CrowOfMurders
08-17-2011, 08:01 PM
I misread the title of this post and came here to be GROSSLY disappointed :(
I think it's too early to tell. I think the storyline b/w Punk and Cena is more important(including the x-factors of HHH,Nash and Steph. McMahon) than squabbling over the title, I find when WWE has an engaging main event storyline, it just makes better TV. All this controversy is good, it might keep things interesting.

Enforcer23
08-17-2011, 09:00 PM
ok guys whilst doing the rounds i found this on bleacher report and what an interesting scenario this would be :

"Del Rio's cash-in came after a ludicrous end to an excellent main event. Cena's foot was on the bottom rope when Punk made the pin, and it's not beyond WWE to remove or reverse the victory after studying the footage.

So if Punk wasn't the real champion, does that mean Del Rio isn't the real champion either? And if he isn't, does that mean he gets the briefcase back to cash in again at a later date? "

any thoughts on this ?

k the way i saw it is cenas foot was on the rope meaning the title hasint changed hands del rio cahed in on cm punk which cm punk lost his title and cena still has his fake one...but after raw last monday nothing will come out of it

the wrestling shade
08-18-2011, 12:40 AM
I dont know about you guys, but i certainly dont want to see Kevin Nash wrestle again EVER!!

tshizzy34
08-18-2011, 04:02 AM
I would be open to seeing this swerve happening definitely although I doubt it will. All I know is I want ADR to lose that title asap after the Mexico tapings.

steveorton
08-18-2011, 07:38 AM
I didn't think Del Rio deserves that title, they should have let Punk keep it and continued the Punk Cena feud, I'm jus sayin...

Daffy Duck's Finest
08-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Spot on, and that is why Alberto Del Rio is the WWE Champion at the moment. I predict when the tour of Mexico is over, he will lose the title back to CM Punk.

Agreed. And for those who think Cena will win it back after the tour, are you forgetting the implications of a Rock return for SS? Surely a ADR/ Punk match and Team Bring It/ Cenation match would be the most likely scenario.

tittle97
08-20-2011, 05:15 PM
<----- Tittle Picture

(had to do it lol)

SaberToothTigerz
08-20-2011, 05:55 PM
triple threat at night of champs

Dr. Death
08-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Most likely it will be Cena vs ADR at Night of Champions. Also a Punk vs Nash from what we've seen so far on Raw.