PDA

View Full Version : Goldust: Better On Air Worker, Or Has Been Changing A Division In WWE?

JLeeDude1892
08-17-2011, 04:47 PM
As you can tell by my Sig, I am a Goldust fan. He is one of, if not my favorite wrestler of all time. Dustin Rhodes is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, and though sometimes in the past the Goldust character has been a bit on the "odd" side, he made it work, and it's been one of the longest running gimmicks in professional wrestling.

It's not secret that Dustin Rhodes has been slowing down his career due to injury and being burned out. And it's also no secret that he was highly underrated and not used correctly throughout his WWE career. Here's where I stand, Great Wrestler, Great Gimmick, Bad Booking, of course.

Since his injury, he has recovered, but has been promoted, if you will, to helping the Divas in the back. Training them and utilizing them more, as Finley tried to do before he was fired.

Since Dustin has taken over the Divas division, it has been getting a hell of a lot better, So here is my question to you.

Do you miss seeing Goldust on WWE TV, or do you think he's been given a great opportunity to chance a part of WWE TV?

Tommy Thunder
08-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Thing about Dustin Rhodes, is that he has a great mind for the business. He's been an awesome wrestler over the years, and has turned his gimmick into one of the best remembered gimmicks.
I think he still has a few years to give in the ring, but he's proving himself to be a very able backstage guy. As long as he's in charge of the divas division, I'll be happy, since it seems to be getting better by the week.

Ruthless_Aggression
08-17-2011, 05:04 PM
As much as I'd like a Bookdust reunion, saving the Diva's division is my preferred priority.

pauadrian
08-17-2011, 05:05 PM
i dont see goldust as world title material ever
but hes doin a great job with divas
no more piss breaks

FaceOfSpades
08-17-2011, 05:05 PM
If he's done then why not help the divas? They need it desperately. As for his career, done more than most, (wrestling wise and life wise) bad booking or not. Traveled the world and entertained while doing it.

jordan1995
08-17-2011, 05:08 PM
on the topic of goldust his latest tweet was "Booker t and goldie could be tag team champs again some day" food for thought

ihearvoices
08-17-2011, 05:13 PM
on the topic of goldust his latest tweet was "Booker t and goldie could be tag team champs again some day" food for thought

Please dont Tease us Goldust i would love this to happen even if it just one segment

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm7wy9feiU1qb3y5eo1_400.gif

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Goldust was one of the most entertaining people in 2002-2003 (Probably way before that but my memory sucks). His team with Booker T was one of the best teams back then.

johnnydropkicks
08-17-2011, 06:08 PM
yeah goldust is one of the best. he should have had a title run.

for some reason I can imagine him doing a face feud vs heel kane.

Y2Jryder
08-17-2011, 06:10 PM
I want goldust back on my screen!
his segments are always funny, let him team up with R-truth or something

JLeeDude1892
08-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Thing about Dustin Rhodes, is that he has a great mind for the business. He's been an awesome wrestler over the years, and has turned his gimmick into one of the best remembered gimmicks.
I think he still has a few years to give in the ring, but he's proving himself to be a very able backstage guy. As long as he's in charge of the divas division, I'll be happy, since it seems to be getting better by the week.

I agree with you 100%. He has an amazing mind for the business. He does have quite a few years left in him, but remember, he's not retired, just taking a break. And you're right, it's been getting better by the week, and as long as it's him making the difference, I'm happy.

JLeeDude1892
08-17-2011, 06:19 PM
no more piss breaks

If he were to be under the Dustin Rhodes name, I think he would have been in the WHC picture, but the gimmick stopped that. But you're right! No more piss breaks because of him!

JLeeDude1892
08-17-2011, 06:20 PM
If he's done then why not help the divas? They need it desperately. As for his career, done more than most, (wrestling wise and life wise) bad booking or not. Traveled the world and entertained while doing it.

You're exactly right, but just remember, he's only taking a break, he isn't retired.

JLeeDude1892
08-17-2011, 06:21 PM

Yeah, I wish he didn't tease it either, lol. That would be amazing. And I would love a Legit title run for him.

JLeeDude1892
08-17-2011, 06:22 PM
yeah goldust is one of the best. he should have had a title run.

for some reason I can imagine him doing a face feud vs heel kane.

I could see that too. They've been with the company forever, know each other well, and the psychology between the two would be amazing. Instant Classics right there.

JLeeDude1892
08-17-2011, 06:23 PM
I want goldust back on my screen!
his segments are always funny, let him team up with R-truth or something

Eh, If they paired him with R-Truth it would basically be a Bookdust all over again. I'd rather have him in the US Title picture of IC title picture or a nice heel, he's a good heel.

Y2Jryder
08-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Eh, If they paired him with R-Truth it would basically be a Bookdust all over again. I'd rather have him in the US Title picture of IC title picture or a nice heel, he's a good heel.

he's to funny for being a heel

krafty
08-17-2011, 06:31 PM
The thing about Goldy was this, he left during most of the attitude era. His presence in the attitude era could have granted him consistient IC title reigns at least. I mean a push to world champion would be hard because he has always been seen as a midcarder. I think that Goldust is one of the best talents of my lifetime (1989). he has always been over, great fued storylines.... razor ramon, val venis, al snow. the worst part of the Goldust/Rhodes career has always been Terri Runnels. to finish, love goldy, and BEST ENTRANCE EVER

FaceOfSpades
08-17-2011, 07:01 PM
The thing about Goldy was this, he left during most of the attitude era. His presence in the attitude era could have granted him consistient IC title reigns at least. I mean a push to world champion would be hard because he has always been seen as a midcarder. I think that Goldust is one of the best talents of my lifetime (1989). he has always been over, great fued storylines.... razor ramon, val venis, al snow. the worst part of the Goldust/Rhodes career has always been Terri Runnels. to finish, love goldy, and BEST ENTRANCE EVER

Don't forget the undertaker rivalry (bout '95), and his return around '03 (beating van dam). As for the entrance, top 5

krafty
08-17-2011, 07:03 PM
idk man, his entrance was pretty sweet, im thinking Gangrel or the brood as one and undertaker as one who are the other two

Grind_Bastard
08-17-2011, 07:03 PM
I want him in the ring, but he's doing a good job with the divas. No matter what, Goldust ForTheWIN!!!

Rilla
08-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Him and Booker could probably add some star power to the TT division to help get people over. And Booker would be off commentary. xD

johnnydropkicks
08-17-2011, 07:21 PM
why does everyone want book kicked off the desk?

it's getting so I would watch SD just for him

AOF666
08-17-2011, 07:58 PM
A catch 22, Goldust wrestle, divas suck again. Divas getting good, no Goldust.

helmsley
08-17-2011, 08:15 PM
i think goldust is one of the most talented wrestlers ever, i hated his tna run but overall he has a very good career

i hope he returns to the ring soon

Blinker
08-17-2011, 08:18 PM
If I got a few appearances from Goldust every now and then I would be happy. Maybe be manager. He would need to use his elaborate entrance though. Goldust's and Undertaker's entrances are my favorite of all time.

I've been enjoying the Divas matches lately so I think they should keep him doing that.

gohan
08-17-2011, 09:14 PM
goldudst is my fav wrestlers he is awesome he made gimmick that should not have worked and made it bad ass and still make it fresh and not stale i would love to to see Booker t and gold dust get back to together and maybe hall of famer

JLeeDude1892
08-17-2011, 09:31 PM
he's to funny for being a heel

Look at R-Truth. One of the best comedic heels of all time.

JLeeDude1892
08-17-2011, 09:33 PM

But when he made his return in 2002 he should have been put right back on the top.

JLeeDude1892
08-17-2011, 09:34 PM
A catch 22, Goldust wrestle, divas suck again. Divas getting good, no Goldust.

Truthfully I don't see why he can't play the role of Goldust and do the Divas Division at the same time. He's soooooo business savy, He could do it.

JLeeDude1892
08-17-2011, 09:35 PM
i think goldust is one of the most talented wrestlers ever, i hated his tna run but overall he has a very good career

i hope he returns to the ring soon

Truthfully I like the whole "Black Reign" gimmick, TNA just didn't keep him around long enough. It's good that he left though, because he got sober when he left.

RatedR
08-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Goldust was awesome when he first started in 96-97, but i think the best goldust was with booker t as a tag team. Great chemistry and fricking funny moments together

krafty
08-17-2011, 10:14 PM
the superstars were all established at that point, i mean really thats when him and booker were striking gold with their tag team. I mean they are still some of the best backstage promos of that time. He was golden in that role plus like i said look at the survivor series that year and look at who they had in wwe....not much room for growth

VanHooliganX
08-17-2011, 10:17 PM
A little off-topic but still with Goldust.
Whats happened now with his twitter? Is he still blocking people and not posting anymore or has he continued using it again?

JLeeDude1892
08-17-2011, 10:41 PM
A little off-topic but still with Goldust.
Whats happened now with his twitter? Is he still blocking people and not posting anymore or has he continued using it again?

He is back on Twitter. :)

tshizzy34
08-18-2011, 03:59 AM
As long as he also was still able to continue working on/with the Divas division and wrestle I wouldn't object to a return.

Y2Jryder
08-18-2011, 05:26 AM
Look at R-Truth. One of the best comedic heels of all time.

dude be realistic, goldust will never be a contender for any title.

tshizzy34
08-18-2011, 05:56 AM

Yea no way he will ever be in any title picture.

FLWWEFan
08-18-2011, 06:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5osWjdtAM0

Comedic Gold, my favorite was when Goldust dressed up and was acting like Steve Irwin aka The Crocodile Hunter (RIP)

steveorton
08-18-2011, 07:35 AM
no more piss breaks

^^^^Sounds good to me, I'm jus sayin...

Skycy
08-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Would like to see Goldust and R-Truth Backstage ^^

tshizzy34
08-18-2011, 10:02 AM
That would be interesting, and would probably lead into another conspiracy angle for Truth and the little Jimmies.

JLeeDude1892
08-18-2011, 02:10 PM

I know he won't be, but he should be.

xAzureSkye
08-18-2011, 03:46 PM
He is doing a great job with the Divas, I mean Beth & Natalya dominating, longer and better quality matches. Also, this whole Gail Kim thing has me wondering if it's a work or not. I just can't wait for Tenille to debut, she is incredible in the ring, sham we have to wait til 2012

Grind_Bastard
08-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Goldust was awesome when he first started in 96-97, but i think the best goldust was with booker t as a tag team. Great chemistry and fricking funny moments together

Agreed, I love this one (Kane included):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTE8N6pwJlo

What? I was young, and stupid, come on, gimme a break! You have to LOL at that one.