PDA

View Full Version : John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Let's see if Bodom closes this one. :p Hopefully, he doesn't.

Alright, so it looks like John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio will be headlining Night Of Champions as the undisputed championship match. Honestly, I'm not too hot for it. Could it be a good match? Yeah. Thankfully, Cena has been mixing things up inside the ring as of lately and putting on the best matches he can. Del Rio has proven countless times he can wrestle. I don't know though. I just feel like not much can come from this match. The outcomes are very predictable. Either Cena wins cleanly, wins by DQ, loses controversially, or loses by DQ. I have no hope Del Rio will beat Cena cleanly -- although I would MARK OUT if he did. Still, its a low chance he would.

Your thoughts on the match?

WWTNA Mark
08-17-2011, 01:37 PM
It looks like it could be a good feud. Del Rio needs someone strong in the main event scene to feud with at the moment to make his WWE title reign special and if its John Cena, then so be it. I still know CM Punk might be thrown into the mix as he does have his rematch claws so a triple threat would be awesome.

steveorton
08-17-2011, 01:51 PM
TBH I didn't want ADR to win that title as yet as I feel he doesn't deserve it as yet, they could've given him a midcard title first. Back on topic yes I don't want to see this match as I fear it will be very boring. I hope they add Punk but I don't want Punk just in the WWE Championship picture he needs to continue picking at the higher ups. For me Punk doesn't need the championship because he can now stand on his own but thats not to say I wouldn't mind if he held it. They should have put the belt on The Miz somehow, I'm jus sayin...

GR81
08-17-2011, 01:57 PM
When was the last time Cena was pinned clean by anyone? No interference, no outside distractions, no foot on the rope, just a clean 1-2-3? Because I honestly can't remember.

I also wasn't a fan of Cena completely burying Del Rio in his promo Monday night. Especially since Del Rio had just successfully defended his title (cleanly I might add).

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Idk, maybe it's because I'm just sick of seeing Cena always going for the championship, and it is making me underrate the feud. Then again, if not Cena, who else should he face? Rey is hurt. Punk is involved in a program with Nash and HHH.

So by default, Cena faces Del Rio to my dismay.

GR81
08-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Idk, maybe it's because I'm just sick of seeing Cena always going for the championship, and it is making me underrate the feud. Then again, if not Cena, who else should he face? Rey is hurt. Punk is involved in a program with Nash and HHH.

So by default, Cena faces Del Rio to my dismay.

This is part of the reason why I think Del Rio cashed in the briefcase too quickly. When he loses, where does he go from there? When guys cash in the briefcase too quickly, they tend to lose their momentum completely and don't stay in the title picture. Look at Kane and Jack Swagger for examples of this. It's taken Swagger a year and a half to become relevant again and he's still not all the way there yet.

Y2J___Y2J
08-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Del Rio will definitely hold onto the the title. But of course it won't be cleanly.. NO CHANCE..
I hope he beats him clean.. it would make the belt more credible than the mockery is has become

thejman93
08-17-2011, 02:19 PM
I'll lose my IWC membership card for this but I'm kinda rooting for Cena at NoC. ADR just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-17-2011, 02:22 PM
I'll lose my IWC membership card for this but I'm kinda rooting for Cena at NoC. ADR just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.
LOL. Isn't he suppose to? He is a HEEL after all. :p

thedominator92
08-17-2011, 02:23 PM
ADR is going to hold the title through sepetember because of the wwe's mexico tour. Expect him to drop it soon after that to

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfIEm63ntEG4eKGNbm0Hp63IpH77i_X 3StnfIRddnbjoqevtZB

maar13
08-17-2011, 02:23 PM

Alright, so it looks like John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio will be headlining Night Of Champions as the undisputed championship match. Honestly, I'm not too hot for it. Could it be a good match? Yeah. Thankfully, Cena has been mixing things up inside the ring as of lately and putting on the best matches he can. Del Rio has proven countless times he can wrestle. I don't know though. I just feel like not much can come from this match. The outcomes are very predictable. Either Cena wins cleanly, wins by DQ, loses controversially, or loses by DQ. I have no hope Del Rio will beat Cena cleanly -- although I would MARK OUT if he did. Still, its a low chance he would.

So your predictable angle has 4 possible outcomes....OK.

Cena is a Face, Del Rio the heel so there is no way he is winning cleanly, the only time Cena has lost "cleanly" to a heel was to Randy Orton in a Hell in a cell, tabl matches doesn't count.

So with that said, the match and the feud could still be very good, ADR doesn't need to win cleanly over Cena, as long as he does in a way that can help him be established as the major heel.

Is like the first feud Edge and Cena had, during it Edge never defeated Cena cleanly, but he did it so well that the feud worked. It will even work better because ADR is the champion and probably will do something to have an army behind him, so for Cena to overcome the odds (I know, again) would be very interesting and in the end, there is still a big possibility to fail. Usually first challengers are pushed there to fail, like Orton going after The Miz when he lost, yes the little feud sucked but still the Miz got out of it alive.

ADR is going to hold the title through sepetember because of the wwe's mexico tour. Expect him to drop it soon after that to

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfIEm63ntEG4eKGNbm0Hp63IpH77i_X 3StnfIRddnbjoqevtZB

It is until mid October, so at least he probably will survive Night of Champions and Hell In A Cell.

Actually I really hope the guy can hold it longer, at least until after Survivor Series.

tad locust
08-17-2011, 02:24 PM
I want Cena to win (even though im not a fan) and feud with Punk as well as HHH for the Title.ADR is awful and should not be a main eventer let alone WWE Champ.I would also like to see Miz and Nash get invloved in the title picture.

thejman93
08-17-2011, 02:29 PM

hahahaha! Poor choice of words on my part. I meant there's something about him that isn't main event material to me. I can't tell you what it is, just a feeling.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-17-2011, 02:38 PM
hahahaha! Poor choice of words on my part. I meant there's something about him that isn't main event material to me. I can't tell you what it is, just a feeling.
Well he has only been here for a year and he hasn't really done alot to show you is a main event player. I understand. I also felt he cashed it in a bit too early and never really built himself up over an extended amount of time. Edge waited almost a year to cash in his MITB. Miz waited at least 4 months. Del Rio just barely won it a month ago and he hasn't won a lot of matches since then. So you don't truly feel he got it the right way.

Granted, Del Rio is a great athlete and has a good look. Still, if you don't work hard enough for the spot given to you, when you get it, it comes off as if you really don't deserve to have it.

IrkenInvader
08-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Bodom was right to close your Cena-nuff thread because someone makes one at least once a week.

AOF666
08-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Del Rio is not champion ship material. He has no connection with the crowds. Mentioned this a million times, he is boring. Tired of seeing Cena in the title picture. Even Rock and Stone Cold wasn't always in the title picture. I really don't see anything interesting coming from the two. Also I don't see Del Rio beating Cena with an armbar.

WWTNA Mark
08-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Tired of seeing Cena in the title picture. Even Rock and Stone Cold wasn't always in the title picture.

I disagree with this. You rarely saw Stone Cold and The Rock in a storyline OUTSIDE the title picture, just like you rarely see John Cena outside of the title picture so the same thing does apply to Cena always being in the title scene. Not saying I agree with WWE posterboys always in the main event scene but that's how its always been.

Danielle20SxE
08-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Cena is the best! Way better than that tool Alberto Del Lamo!

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-17-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm going with Sean O'haire. He's totally going to win this one.

zapphoman
08-17-2011, 04:03 PM

WHAT?!!! Oh I get it. It was a joke. HAHAHA....Right?

WWTNA Mark
08-17-2011, 04:04 PM

Hahaha. Agreed.

LoGik
08-17-2011, 04:04 PM
As long as john cena continues the way he has been wrestling and cutting promos lately it shouldnt be boring. if he goes back to the same old stuff then it will get boring very fast.

JamFran
08-17-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't see Del Rio as a long term champion, I have never gotten into Alberto Del Rio's character... I just can't get into it.

Danielle20SxE
08-17-2011, 04:07 PM
WHAT?!!! Oh I get it. It was a joke. HAHAHA....Right?

I have been a closet Cena fan. I finally decided to come out. lol

zapphoman
08-17-2011, 04:10 PM
I have been a closet Cena fan. I finally decided to come out. lol

I hear ya. I actually like Cena too. This feud with Del Rio is going to be pretty good.

Danielle20SxE
08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
I hear ya. I actually like Cena too. This feud with Del Rio is going to be pretty good.

Ha! Caught you! I was just fooling you, to see if you would come out as well. Shame on you, you Cena fan!

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-17-2011, 04:12 PM

It wont be good until' they have a bra an panties match for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Danielle20SxE
08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
It wont be good until' they have a bra an panties match for the World Heavyweight Championship.

You're telling me!

Caesar
08-17-2011, 04:14 PM

I don't know, I don't think the WWE wants to rip off TNA--or, at least, what TNA will be doing for their next PPV.

zapphoman
08-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Ha! Caught you! I was just fooling you, to see if you would come out as well. Shame on you, you Cena fan!

Ah shucks. You got me. So your sig is just a giant contradiction, uh?

Danielle20SxE
08-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Ah shucks. You got me. So your sig is just a giant contradiction, uh?

No, I actually love John Cena. I want to marry him and have little gorilla looking babies.

zapphoman
08-17-2011, 04:23 PM
No, I actually love John Cena. I want to marry him and have little gorilla looking babies.

Babies that walk with their arms instead of their legs because they came out with arms four times the normal size. It's going to be a pain in the ass watching them because you wont be able to see them.

Danielle20SxE
08-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Babies that walk with their arms instead of their legs because they came out with arms four times the normal size. It's going to be a pain in the ass watching them because you wont be able to see them.

That's really funny.. How dare you talk about my future children like that.

zapphoman
08-17-2011, 04:29 PM
That's really funny.. How dare you talk about my future children like that.

Oh I'm just joking. I'm sure you and John Cenas future babies will be adorable. If you have three of them, you and John Cena can call them Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect.

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Oh I'm just joking. I'm sure you and John Cenas future babies will be adorable. If you have three of them, you and John Cena can call them Hustle, Loyalty, and Respect.

Juan Cena would be so proud of his american cousin, John Cena, I can already see Juan making his way down a busy city high way on his juan deer tractor going about 8 MPH.

IrkenInvader
08-17-2011, 04:32 PM

Get ready for him to get lazy and just go with his 5 moves of doom every night.

zapphoman
08-17-2011, 04:35 PM

^^^^^hilarious lol

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-17-2011, 04:42 PM
I disagree with this. You rarely saw Stone Cold and The Rock in a storyline OUTSIDE the title picture, just like you rarely see John Cena outside of the title picture so the same thing does apply to Cena always being in the title scene. Not saying I agree with WWE posterboys always in the main event scene but that's how its always been.
I can tell we are destined to never agree with each other ....

It wasn't always The Rock and Austin in the main event though. Once in a while, it'll be Triple H, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Kane, Undertaker, and so on. Nowadays, ALL WE GET is Cena and Randy Orton. Come on, you can't blame people for getting tired of that.

Not saying Cena is a bad athlete. He isn't. He is in the spot he is for a reason. Still, if you had a GREAT SONG played over and over and over again for 5-6 years straight on the radio, you'd get sick of that too. Same thing applies with Cena.

Anyways, I can at least hope Cena and Del Rio have a decent feud.

Danielle20SxE
08-17-2011, 04:48 PM
You guys are meanies.

WWTNA Mark
08-17-2011, 04:57 PM
@Wrestling Deluxe 08

They rarely were out of the main event scene. Seriously, even when they were in matches that didn't involve the WWE title, their feuds with other wrestlers were still in the main event scene. To say otherwise is false IMO. Chris Jericho and Triple H were in the main event scene, wrestling for the WWE title but look who they were feuding with, THE ROCK AND STONE COLD. I stand by my statement. I'm not trying to say Cena always in the main event scene is good but WWE has been doing that for years with their biggest superstars so nothing their doing with Cena is different.

Also, you say Cena and Orton are always in the main event scene? Ummm, does CM Punk, Miz, Christian, Del Rio, R-Truth, and Rey Mysterio ring a bell?

WWTNA Mark
08-17-2011, 05:03 PM

Not lazy when you actually take bumps.

Murphdogg4
08-17-2011, 05:12 PM
I may be alone in this but I like ADR as champ. The IWC complains when new guys are not put on top and then complains when they are put on top.

WWTNA Mark
08-17-2011, 05:13 PM
I may be alone in this but I like ADR as champ. The IWC complains when new guys are not put on top and then complains when they are put on top.

I agree man.

CrowOfMurders
08-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Not lazy when you actually take bumps.

Irken Invader was using innuendo,unless u think CENA will be the one taking the bumps which might be what DanielleX20sumthing(too lazy to go look it up sorry) would prefer. Or maybe someone needs to go over the normal mechanics of human sexual reproduction to you which involves the male doing the bumping....in most cases.

ON TOPIC-hope del Rio steps up his game and introduces a new finisher, I'm tired of saying I've "cena-nuff" @ this point. Even if he won't go full on heel, I just wish the guy would tweek his gimmick a bit. Maybe stop dressing like a 12 year old(they'd still buy his crap) or atleast lose the stupid hats and maybe go w/ jerseys or sleeveless tees or somthing, try to look a bit more badass. I'm also hoping he'll wind down the supercena stuff now, although i'd love to see del rio put him in the arm breaker and him lift del rio up w/ one arm and AA him(u kno it's coming) I think Del Rio's reign will be relatively short, definitely don't think he should drop it to Cena anytime soon, maybe Punk again and Punk drops it to Cena or a returning Y2J. Anyway,keeping an open mind, let's see how the next month or 2 goes before bitching and moaning.

WWTNA Mark
08-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Irken Invader was using innuendo,unless u think CENA will be the one taking the bumps which might be what DanielleX20sumthing(too lazy to go look it up sorry) would prefer. Or maybe someone needs to go over the normal mechanics of human sexual reproduction to you which involves the male doing the bumping....in most cases.

Hahahaha. Well played!

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-17-2011, 05:24 PM
@Wrestling Deluxe 08

They rarely were out of the main event scene. Seriously, even when they were in matches that didn't involve the WWE title, their feuds with other wrestlers were still in the main event scene. To say otherwise is false IMO. Chris Jericho and Triple H were in the main event scene, wrestling for the WWE title but look who they were feuding with, THE ROCK AND STONE COLD. I stand by my statement. I'm not trying to say Cena always in the main event scene is good but WWE has been doing that for years with their biggest superstars so nothing their doing with Cena is different.

Also, you say Cena and Orton are always in the main event scene? Ummm, does CM Punk, Miz, Christian, Del Rio, R-Truth, and Rey Mysterio ring a bell?
But who were Miz, Christian, Del Rio, R-Truth, and Rey Mysterio wrestling with most of the time? JOHN CENA AND RANDY ORTON, dude.

Also, at least Rock and Stone Cold could keep me interested in the feud, even if they were being overbooked as much as Cena. Cena can't do that! His character is one dimensional and he doesn't mix it up all that much. He only started doing that WITH CM Punk.

You're not alone on that one. I like the fact that Del Rio is champion too. I just want him to be booked strongly.

WWTNA Mark
08-17-2011, 05:36 PM
But who were Miz, Christian, Del Rio, R-Truth, and Rey Mysterio wrestling with most of the time? JOHN CENA AND RANDY ORTON, dude.

No shit? That wasn't my point of whether John Cena and Randy Orton are always in the main event scene because I oviously know that, my point was you keep saying that Cena and Orton are constantly in the main event scene when there are guys like CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, and Del Rio in the main event scene as well. Its not just Cena and Orton that are ONLY in the main event scene as their are a bunch of guys in the main event scene right now. We have new WWE Champs so far with CM Punk and Del Rio. Be happy with that.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-17-2011, 06:01 PM
No shit? That wasn't my point of whether John Cena and Randy Orton are always in the main event scene because I oviously know that, my point was you keep saying that Cena and Orton are constantly in the main event scene when there are guys like CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, and Del Rio in the main event scene as well. Its not just Cena and Orton that are ONLY in the main event scene as their are a bunch of guys in the main event scene right now. We have new WWE Champs so far with CM Punk and Del Rio. Be happy with that.
First off, I'm an ecstatic Del Rio is champion right now and I'm happy Cena is not. However, I am NOT happy Cena is still competing for the championship. I'm sorry I'm not a mindless fan that is supposed to just sit back and just ignore the fact Cena has been in the main event and title picture for SIX YEARS NONSTOP and pretend I like it. I don't like it. Period. End of story. He is bland and, knowing WWE, there is high chance they will put the title on him. The fact that you've grown immune to it scares me, lol.

WWTNA Mark
08-17-2011, 06:07 PM
First off, I'm an ecstatic Del Rio is champion right now and I'm happy Cena is not. However, I am NOT happy Cena is still competing for the championship. I'm sorry I'm not a mindless fan that is supposed to just sit back and just ignore the fact Cena has been in the main event and title picture for SIX YEARS NONSTOP and pretend I like it. I don't like it. Period. End of story. He is bland and, knowing WWE, there is high chance they will put the title on him. The fact that you've grown immune to it scares me, lol.

So just because I don't take what your bitching about seriously, it scares? You? Um, okay. lol In all seriousness, you are kinda jumping to conclusions a bit. You don't even know if CM Punk isn't going to be thrown into the mix and you don't even know if Cena is going to still be in the title picture after this feud. I'm not saying Cena being in the main event scene is okay but i'm not going tosit around and complain when we have had two new WWE Champs in the main event scene which is CM Punk and Del Rio. I'd rather have that then have the same WWE Champ.

Y2Jryder
08-17-2011, 06:13 PM
A heel can still be entertaining, look at Jericho, Punk, R-truth...
ADR is boring as hell, just sayin'

Murphdogg4
08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
like most old school fans I'm not a fan of Cena but he is their top draw god help us, but at least he's only chasing the belt and no carrying it, in that there is hope. I like ADR and his in ring skills, he reminds me of the old school technical wrestling heel champs

Murphdogg4
08-17-2011, 07:28 PM
And I thought ADR was entertaining as hell in the opening segment, had me cracking up telling the crowd he would be in the lobby signing autographs

Fan4Now
08-17-2011, 08:48 PM
a heel can still be entertaining, look at jericho, punk, r-truth...
Adr is boring as hell, just sayin'

agreed^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Enforcer23
08-17-2011, 08:57 PM

yeah i feel as if it can be a good match but maybe a step down from the cena punk fued ssoo who knows it might be the time cena taps *sarcastic*

Asherdelampyr
08-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Im fine with it, Cena is the go-to man to get the heels that "Main event" rub
it's happened so often now that I am suprised only when his feuds don't end up with the heel getting over (with the fans, not winning the feud)

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-17-2011, 10:08 PM
So just because I don't take what your bitching about seriously, it scares? You? Um, okay. lol In all seriousness, you are kinda jumping to conclusions a bit. You don't even know if CM Punk isn't going to be thrown into the mix and you don't even know if Cena is going to still be in the title picture after this feud. I'm not saying Cena being in the main event scene is okay but i'm not going tosit around and complain when we have had two new WWE Champs in the main event scene which is CM Punk and Del Rio. I'd rather have that then have the same WWE Champ.
Now I'm bitching? Wow, lol. Fine. I'll guess I'll just be a mindless wrestling fan and just sit back and act like i love the idea that John Cena is in the main event picture .... again.

WWTNA Mark
08-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Now I'm bitching? Wow, lol. Fine. I'll guess I'll just be a mindless wrestling fan and just sit back and act like i love the idea that John Cena is in the main event picture .... again.
I never said you did have to enjoy the idea of Cena being in the main event scene. I'm just stating an opinion just like you.

janhellyeah
08-18-2011, 02:59 AM
I don't think ADR will win cleanly, he can't beat John Cena with an armbar. Vince will not allow his poster boy to tap out. It's highly unlikely, but ADR making cena tap out will cement his main event status.

tshizzy34
08-18-2011, 03:53 AM
Yea ADR should have never become the champ in the 1st place, but I see his title reign being short lived as I see him either losing it at NOC or the PPV after that at the latest.

maar13
08-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Del Rio is not champion ship material. He has no connection with the crowds. Mentioned this a million times, he is boring. Tired of seeing Cena in the title picture. Even Rock and Stone Cold wasn't always in the title picture. I really don't see anything interesting coming from the two. Also I don't see Del Rio beating Cena with an armbar.

You know? that is what I am tired of reading, when someone gets to the title and then someone else says "He is not champioship material", that crap, you don't know that. If you don't like him that is Ok, but the crowd hate the guy's guts. I mean yeah maybe it was too soon, maybe not but the guy has only being champion for about a week. Sure he is not going to beat Cena cleanly, everyone knows that.

broc808
08-18-2011, 11:38 AM
well to say you cant get much out of it may not be true WWE has been making great matches and shocking endings over the past couple months dont be surprised if when that match happens something shocking and great happens and to add to that its not guarenteed it wil be cena vs del rio it could be a triple threat and throw punk in but i have a feeling we will see a great ending like we have for the past couple months