PDA

View Full Version : Is this a subtle screwjob?

Dude573
08-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Has anyone else noticed how it seems CM Punk will now start a rivalry with Kevin Nash and HHH with the corporate angle leading the story, though now Cena will lead the rivalry with Del Rio for the WWE Title? Is it just me, or have they completely taken Punk out of the the WWE title picture and set up Cena to most likely win it again?

Will we ever get a CM Punk reign as WWE Champion for at least a few months free of controversy!?

68wPayne
08-17-2011, 08:57 AM
IMO Punk is at the point where he doesn't have to be going for the title to be the top star. Think about Stone Cold, arguably the biggest point of his career he wasn't feuding for the title when he was fighting McMahon. Hopefully Del Rio will beat Cena to help establish credibility for him and Punk will fight The Establishment with his ROH boys

FLWWEFan
08-17-2011, 09:06 AM
IMO Punk is at the point where he doesn't have to be going for the title to be the top star. Think about Stone Cold, arguably the biggest point of his career he wasn't feuding for the title when he was fighting McMahon. Hopefully Del Rio will beat Cena to help establish credibility for him and Punk will fight The Establishment with his ROH boys

Agree totally, in the same regard though Cena doesn't have to be going for the Gold either, and frankly people are sick and tired of seeing him witht he belt. It's not the 80's anymore where Hogan had the belt around his waist for many years straight and nobody really cared because Hogan was the one that every wanted to see and everyone just about was a fan of.

steveorton
08-17-2011, 09:27 AM

^^^Right on the money, I'm jus sayin...

jordan1995
08-17-2011, 09:37 AM

http://cr4.globalspec.com/PostImages/200810/hit_nail_on_head_D09F6890-FA3D-476C-002B3D4C22F3A74A.jpg

jelle1809
08-17-2011, 09:50 AM

Agree totally, in the same regard though Cena doesn't have to be going for the Gold either, and frankly people are sick and tired of seeing him witht he belt. It's not the 80's anymore where Hogan had the belt around his waist for many years straight and nobody really cared because Hogan was the one that every wanted to see and everyone just about was a fan of.

Guys, I agree with both these standpoints.

Dude573
08-17-2011, 09:53 AM
I understand where you are all coming from, but aren't you disappointed that you didn't get to see a decent reign for Punk as WWE champion? Also, don't you all feel slightly aggravated that instead of Punk, Cena is looking likely to be the one going for the title again?

Jayoholic
08-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Does it really matter who holds the belt since it's being decided by creative (or a committee)? It's not like it's boxing or UFC where you'll actually have to beat your opponent to win it. As long as your favorites are there to entertain and are not lost in the shuffle...why should it matter?

FLWWEFan
08-17-2011, 09:58 AM
I understand where you are all coming from, but aren't you disappointed that you didn't get to see a decent reign for Punk as WWE champion? Also, don't you all feel slightly aggravated that instead of Punk, Cena is looking likely to be the one going for the title again?
Of course it would be nice to see him with the belt, but he's just an entertaining to watch without the belt. Eventually he's gonna get a good solid run with the belt.

Dude573
08-17-2011, 09:59 AM
It does matter, because the Champion is the guy we will mainly see in the main events and such other promotions. I would rather be entertained by the guy who we will see the most that can wrestle, then a guy who has become stale and repetitive.

zapphoman
08-17-2011, 10:04 AM
It does look weird that he isn't automatically saying "Hey! Rematch over here!" I think he should definitely continue competing for it and just as long as John Cena doesn't get it back for like two or three months, I'm cool with it.

BlazersDozen
08-17-2011, 10:13 AM
I understand that Punk is bigger than the belt right now, but unless Del Rio retains (which I think is likely due to storyline) then there's no reason Cena should have ANY involvement!

1) Cena already had TWO rematches for the belt after losing it at MITB. One against Rey & one against Punk at SummerSlam.

2) Cena lost the match to Punk & Punk got cashed in on by Del Rio. Cena's troubles should be with Triple H, not with Del Rio.

3) Only reason I think they are having Cena chase the title is because he is known as the biggest name wrestler in the world & to put Del Rio over him (dirty) will add prestige to the belt & make Del Rio look legit as he is a questionable guy to be holding the belt right now. Remember, they've had 4 champions in just about a month. They can't afford to keep moving it around...at least for a little bit.

FLWWEFan
08-17-2011, 10:14 AM
It does matter, because the Champion is the guy we will mainly see in the main events and such other promotions. I would rather be entertained by the guy who we will see the most that can wrestle, then a guy who has become stale and repetitive.

Not really, CM Punk you will be seeing plenty of why? Because #1 even though he's currently not in the title picture right now he's the hottest thing in the WWE right now and #2 he's just about to be involved in a feud with Triple H/Nash/etc...

LMPunker
08-17-2011, 10:38 AM
i agree i think they want to establish del rio as a legit champion and then have punk feud with him plus it would be hyocritical of punk to call del rio a fluke or a paper champion seeing as punk has 2 world titles that way

AOF666
08-17-2011, 10:40 AM
I think it his a subtle screwjob. That is why I think Cena contacted Nash and not HHH or Steph. Cena wants the title because he told the world it will be Cena and Rock at Wrestlemania for the title.

zapphoman
08-17-2011, 10:46 AM
I think it his a subtle screwjob. That is why I think Cena contacted Nash and not HHH or Steph. Cena wants the title because he told the world it will be Cena and Rock at Wrestlemania for the title.

^^^^^^^ This is a big possibility.

jelle1809
08-17-2011, 10:47 AM

True, but maybe it's for the better that Punk starts feuding with Nash. Perhaps if Punk would have stood in Cena's place... the creative would make him stand in every PPV as 'The Guy' and eventually (god hate to say this) become stale and repetive too.

aweso_me
08-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but CM Punk seems to be the guy that does what he says he is going to do and not the guy who is going to be seen as the company's poster boy. Cena is Hogan so without the belt, Cena is nothing. Punk is the Stone Cold of this generation. At MITB he said he was going to leave Chicago with the belt and he did. At Summerslam he said he was going to beat Cena and he did. I don't remember him saying that he was going to be the longer reigning champion or something like that. He just does things.

Rich Cranium
08-17-2011, 10:52 AM

Interesting. I didn't think about it like this. If this is the case, it will be HUGE! Finally someone that SuperCena cannot handle!

The_Awesome_One
08-17-2011, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=BlazersDozen;219891]I understand that Punk is bigger than the belt right now, but unless Del Rio retains (which I think is likely due to storyline) then there's no reason Cena should have ANY involvement!

1) Cena already had TWO rematches for the belt after losing it at MITB. One against Rey & one against Punk at SummerSlam.

2) Cena lost the match to Punk & Punk got cashed in on by Del Rio. Cena's troubles should be with Triple H, not with Del Rio.
[QUOTE]

I'm sorry but I can think of one point for cena to be involved and it dwarfs your anti-cena involvment points

HE IS JOHN CENA

BlazersDozen
08-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Haha very true!

& one thing about Cena sending the text, Nash said that who he believed to be Triple H said no matter the outcome. Cena wouldn't say, "Hey Nash, even if Cena wins, go pummel em!"

LMPunker
08-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Haha very true!

& one thing about Cena sending the text, Nash said that who he believed to be Triple H said no matter the outcome. Cena wouldn't say, "Hey Nash, even if Cena wins, go pummel em!"

unless cena somehow found triple h was going to screw him so was resigned to the fact he was gonna get screwed or run like hell if he won so there are ways it could have been cena personally logic says to me its steph they'll tease triple h doesnt like but will side with his wife

nrb6304
08-17-2011, 11:31 AM

Umm actually he WAS fighting for the championship. He was fighting McMahon's cronies. Every WWF Title defense or shot he got was one of Vince McMahon's cronies. I agree with everything else, just being a dick and pointing out that Austin did always fight for the WWF title.

thedominator92
08-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Has anyone else noticed how it seems CM Punk will now start a rivalry with Kevin Nash and HHH with the corporate angle leading the story, though now Cena will lead the rivalry with Del Rio for the WWE Title? Is it just me, or have they completely taken Punk out of the the WWE title picture and set up Cena to most likely win it again?

Will we ever get a CM Punk reign as WWE Champion for at least a few months free of controversy!?

Punk is so over he doesn't need the title.

Fan4Now
08-17-2011, 11:54 AM
I feel like it's a creative (Pun intended) way just to give the belt to who they wanted it on all along, Cena. Punk was nowhere near that belt for months until he was gonna leave then they give it to him & very soon after he stays they take it & obviously continue with the storyline they were likely gonna do whether he left or not. ADR champ for Mexico tour & who else but the Golden fruity pebble to face him. My guess is they just gave Punk a taste to stay & now he lost it. I'm sure it's not for good but now it's okay Punk's in a feud with a new Corp. so what? I agree Austin was more popular for winning the feud with the McMahons then for being champ but back in the day & still lately if there was a funny call like HHH did with ALLEGEDLY not seeing Cena's foot then there would be a triple threat. What if this happens? - Punk vs a new corp. & likely b/c they like Cena in everything big Cena vs ADR & wins the title (b/c we know he will) then Cena ends up ""HELPING"" Punk vs the new corp. & more or less destroys them himself. I fear that's what's gonna happen. I know it's stupid but are we really dealing with rocket scientists in WWE creative? No! Cena's the go to guy on everything & has been for yrs. Maybe Punk will vs a new corp. & get some good momentum but do y'all think they'll be able to resist having Cena stick his nose in it & so say SAVE PUNK! The same guy with Y2J Edge & Daniel Bryan etc on his SS team vs Nexus yet with all those great wrestlers he was ""HELPING"" he ended up winning all by himself? Like they couldn't do it so he had to.

Y2J___Y2J
08-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Maybe a sublte screwjob but with Cena coming out at the end of Raw to dump on ADR it kind of sucked. It just left me feeling like the incident with Cena's foot on the rope was worthless. It could have led to a HHH feud with HHH and Punk vs Nash with Rey vs ADR for the title.
Punk won't get the title until probably late this year if the rumour's are true that ADR will hold the belt for the WWE tour of Mexico

dub
08-17-2011, 12:46 PM
That was my thoughts exactly. When Raw ended I was like I guess this means Cena is going for his 150th title reign. I thought for sure they would give Punk a RESPECTABLE title run. Not one where he's cheating to retain or cashing in MITB contracts to get it. I'm talking about CM Punk going in by himself (not with Nexus or SES) and kicking somebody's head off hitting them with the GTS and getting the 1,2,3. They haven't shown him to be the guy that can go in there and beat anyone cleanly yet and I thought for sure they were gonna give him that kinda push after MITB but dat's ok im cool with it (as if i have a choice). At least the WWE is interesting again.

Sully
08-17-2011, 12:54 PM
He's still in the picture, but yet they're having two major angles over the WWE title at one point, it's actually kinda interesting. I still thing we're going to see Punk, Cena, and Del Rio in a match for the title, probably Rey and Miz too. But that's just what's obvious, you never know with WWE.

rsf8405
08-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Guys i don't think things are exactly as they seem.hhh going into cenas dressing room looked suspect and there's no way they are going to send a face cena to mexico to feud with del rio.I have a strong feeling cena is about to turn on punk.

PersonalPet98
08-17-2011, 03:12 PM
I agree with this statement. I think they are trying to make Punk a Stone Cold type character. It seems to be working, but we'll see how far they go with it. I believe they wanted to do this role with Cena, but wasn't sure how to make him into the bad guy...........

Russo swerve
08-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Who said punk was out of the title scene????? Stop actin like you know everything

pauadrian
08-17-2011, 05:09 PM
i know u guys want punk as champ and me two but he cant be a cena

Dude573
08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Who said punk was out of the title scene????? Stop actin like you know everything

Its a thought just for discussion asshole.

Y2Jryder
08-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Cena fights for the title
Punk will be in the spotlight

zrdt12
08-17-2011, 06:43 PM
CM Punk doesn't need the belt. Cena doesn't need the belt. ADR/Mysterio need the belt? I'd like to keep Cena/Punk out of title picture until Elimination Chamber, it's a great ppv to just change to the champion u want for mania.

MattTY2JHBK
08-17-2011, 07:12 PM

Is the fix in?