PDA

View Full Version : Why is Daniel Bryan jobbing?

AndyWonder
10-04-2010, 08:54 PM
They let the man win the U.S. title from The Miz, but then afterwards they have him jobbing to Miz and other main eventers like Edge and Sheamus instead of letting him defeat other mid carders or low carders. Even though he won the triple threat match last night does he even look credible now? It makes no sense.

Mr Perfect
10-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I was wondering the same thing.. I don't understand why they had Sheamus destroy him, not a good sign.

marc
10-04-2010, 09:37 PM
I don't get it either. I am thinking, however, that tonight was a matter of keeping Sheamus over since he lost last night.

Northernwolf
10-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Probably because they are setting up a feud between the two who knows...

Murphdogg4
10-04-2010, 10:13 PM
It really makes no sence and discredits in the US belt. Back in the Crocket days when the belt meant something and automatically made the person holding it the number one contender. WCW used to do the same thing to the cruiser weight champions, have them jobbing to average heavy weights.

n2winlisa
10-04-2010, 10:14 PM
no other reason then said above

Revolver Magus
10-04-2010, 10:16 PM
I agree, Bryan has been on fire since his WWE return (even though I think his firing was a major work to begin with). Hes put on some great matches, almost stole the show in last nights HITC and retained his title. All of a sudden on Raw not only dose he get wrecked like some two bit rookie fresh out of FCW , but he gets a --jobber entrance-- to top it all off. I understand they want to keep sheamus over, but that was the way wrong way to do it. Now that they have Barret as #1 contender I'm hoping they set up a program with Bryan/Sheamus to make up for the unnecessary squash, and keep Daniels push from stopping dead in its tracks from tonight.

Kid_Gangsta
10-04-2010, 10:26 PM
http://360waves.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/wtfleave1.gif and i am officially DON with MNR. If this week's FNS suck aswell, I will be DON with the WWE and pro wrestling all together.

Scottland
10-04-2010, 10:29 PM
http://360waves.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/wtfleave1.gif and i am officially DON with MNR. If this week's FNS suck aswell, I will be DON with the WWE and pro wrestling all together.

Why are you done with Raw?

jwt15
10-04-2010, 11:22 PM
I'd say because it hasn't been good in about 2 years TNA is the wrestling for me now

Bodom
10-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I don't get it either. I am thinking, however, that tonight was a matter of keeping Sheamus over since he lost last night.

they could have done that without burying their second tier champion.

jwt15
10-04-2010, 11:35 PM
I actually hve no problem with it because Bryan is still just a micarder and Sheamus a two time champion should be able to dominate a midcarder and as for the belts TBH the belts in WWE are in Vince Russo's words props now they mean nothing even the heavyweight champions have been treaed as an after thought on RAW

Bodom
10-04-2010, 11:38 PM
But you don't bury someone that you're trying to get over!

Have him squash Henry or Kozlov. Not someone that you're building up

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-04-2010, 11:38 PM
That was one quick match. I turned my head away from the television screen for like a second, and then when I turned back Daniel Bryan was on the mat being knee'd in the head by Sheamus. Hopefully, despite this job, he keeps the United States Championship for a long ass time to come. In a way him an The Miz made that belt credible again.

jwt15
10-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Thats true but thats been WWE latly. BTW who books WWE?

Bodom
10-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Brian Gerwitz writes mondays and Michael Hayes still does Smackdown

jwt15
10-04-2010, 11:43 PM
I thnk I'd switch up the monday writer Hayes does good with Smackdown thats WWE'shigh point for me. Raw this week wasn't bad though

Bodom
10-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Just fire Gerwitz and life will be good.

SilverGhost
10-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Wow....I didn't know who in fact the writers are!

Bodom
10-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Wow....I didn't know who in fact the writers are!

Yeah dude. Gerwitz is the one who wishes he wrote for SNL, explainig the Monday Night Variety Hour. and Hayes has always been more wrestling

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-05-2010, 12:04 AM
In the long run the Raw writers have set up feuds that could stretch out longer than the ones that were made for SD. Like years from now I could see The Miz facing off against Daniel Bryan for a big belt with a huge history betweem the two kind of like when Steve Austin faced off against The Rock in their last match together. That is just only my wishful thinking though.

SilverGhost
10-05-2010, 12:04 AM
I know Michael Hayes. Just didn't know he was a writer. Don't know Gerwitz.

marc
10-05-2010, 12:25 AM
I long for the days of feuds like the one between the Rock and Austin. I just don't know that many fans have the attention span for a years long feud anymore. After all, the Taker-kane feud is just such a one and look how people are trashing that one. I know the HIAC match was predictable, with Bearer betraying Taker again. I think they could have done something different there. Maybe he could have been with Kane because of Taler burying him a while back and then turned on Kane at a later date. It seems that it was repetitive and that it shortens the suspense that could have been built by asking why Bearer returned in the first place.

Scottland
10-05-2010, 12:35 AM
I'd say because it hasn't been good in about 2 years TNA is the wrestling for me now

TNA sucks! WWE hasn't been good in about 2 years? 2 years ago WWE was 100% all about Cena which was more boring then ever. At least now WWE has been pushing & turning some other people & Orton is a perfect example. WWE in 2010 has actually been one of the better years since 2003/2004 when The Rock was on top of the WWE (then left).

SilverGhost
10-05-2010, 12:36 AM
TNA sucks! WWE hasn't been good in about 2 years? 2 years ago WWE was 100% all about Cena which was more boring then ever. At least now WWE has been pushing & turning some other people & Orton is a perfect example. WWE in 2010 has actually been one of the better years since 2003/2004 when The Rock was on top of the WWE (then left).

Lets not start a TNA > WWE or WWE>TNA flame war here.

Bodom
10-05-2010, 12:37 AM
Lets not start a TNA > WWE or WWE>TNA flame war here.

For reals.

SilverGhost
10-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Stay on topic guys and gals.

miraistreak
10-05-2010, 03:37 AM
On Twitter yesterday Bearer replied to a fan something to the extent of....

Fan: Why did you turn against the Undertaker
Bearer: Well storyline wise last time I was around he did bury me alive in concrete.

I loled.

Murphdogg4
10-05-2010, 03:44 AM

We understand you WWE marks don't like Tna but you don't have to bring it up in every post.

Murphdogg4
10-05-2010, 03:47 AM
I thnk I'd switch up the monday writer Hayes does good with Smackdown thats WWE'shigh point for me. Raw this week wasn't bad though

I'd like to see Hayes get raw as well.

maddogg336
10-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Will all yall shut the fuck up im pretty sure the other dude started it when he said wwe was boring and dumb and thats why he watches TNA

DarkSide
10-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Daniel jobbing has the Vince stench all over it. I don't think the writing team alone has the balls to bury someone who has a belt.

Why? I guess he Daniel doesn't have the 'superstar' look regardless of wrestling skill.

Bodom
10-05-2010, 11:08 AM
We understand you WWE marks don't like Tna but you don't have to bring it up in every post.

You really can't fling the word "mark" around on a wrestling message board.

What Ghost said, let's please not start a WWE-TNA flame war. Its all personal opinion, let's leave it that

Splattered-Dreams
10-05-2010, 11:13 AM
I was wondering the same thing.. I don't understand why they had Sheamus destroy him, not a good sign.

Don't worry - they're just putting Sheamus over as a maniac, loony heel. This won't effect Bryan in the long run, at all..

Bodom
10-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Don't worry - they're just putting Sheamus over as a maniac, loony heel. This won't effect Bryan in the long run, at all..

I really really hope you're right.

the_legend
10-05-2010, 03:08 PM
I really really hope you're right.
It was the low point of the last couple of months for me. I was stoked when Bryan returned at SS, and even more so when he won the US belt, then retained at HIAC. I sit down to watch Raw last night and all of a sudden, Bryan gets totally destroyed by Sheamus. Granted, Sheamus is twice the size of Bryan, but isn't that what Daniel Bryan does best? I am very, very nervous about what we will see going forward. I think I would rather see Bryan stay on the indy scene and be the guy we know can win any match, against any one, than for him to be a whipping boy for Vince's goon squad week in and week out. What a crock of sh.....

TNA Ambassador
10-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Thats an excellent question, I think they are disgracing the US Title. I feel they should atleast give the man a chance to showcase his talents and give the fans a chance to make up there minds on him being a champion. The WWE is wasting our time putting a championship on somebody they dont deserve should have one.

DirtySteal
10-05-2010, 06:02 PM
I would be happier to see Danial Bryan on TNA wresting in the X-devision to the FULL of his abilities than DB at the top of WWE using a very narrowed down version of his move set, fighting Cena.

None the less, WWE will drop the ball with this guy and fuck themselfs over in the long run if THIS is what they have him doing.

Mr Perfect
10-05-2010, 06:29 PM
They really could have handled this situation so much better.. They could have had a nice 5-9 minute match, have it go back and forth with Sheamus winning.. This way Sheamus still stays on top and shows DB can hang with some of the big boys.. Giving both guys a nice push(depending on how well the announcers sold DB)

Oh well this basically shows Vince has no major plans with DB, because this seems like it has his name written all over it.. Maybe DB did something stupid in the back and this is his punishment.

jwt15
10-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Will all yall shut the fuck up im pretty sure the other dude started it when he said wwe was boring and dumb and thats why he watches TNA

lol I just said i havn't enjoyed WWE as much as TNA dont get your panties in a bunch.

maddogg336
10-06-2010, 10:22 AM
lol I just said i havn't enjoyed WWE as much as TNA dont get your panties in a bunch.

wow that was cute

Dameduse823
10-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Despite how popular he is, and how talented he is Daniel Bryan just does not look like what the wwe wants in a wrestler. He doesn't look liek a guy you'd expect to see in wwe, he looks like a delivery boy. He's small, pale, doesn't have much muscle tone... no matter how talented a guy is he's not going anywhere if he doesn't have the right image

SilverGhost
10-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Despite how popular he is, and how talented he is Daniel Bryan just does not look like what the wwe wants in a wrestler. He doesn't look liek a guy you'd expect to see in wwe, he looks like a delivery boy. He's small, pale, doesn't have much muscle tone... no matter how talented a guy is he's not going anywhere if he doesn't have the right image

Unfortunately this is right.

Bodom
10-06-2010, 10:14 PM

Those same statements can and were applied to CM Punk at one point. Look at him now. As cliche as it is, never say never

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-07-2010, 04:39 AM
CM Punk just came out of a very remembral feud. The writers usually get swamped after storylines abruptly end over idiotic things via Sareed (Is that her name?) getting releashed over certain problems. DB currently holds the US title so let's hope he keeps it for a little while longer. If he drops it quickily without having a lengthy run then you will know just where WWE's loyalty in this guy lays.

Dameduse823
10-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Those same statements can and were applied to CM Punk at one point. Look at him now. As cliche as it is, never say never

I see how you can think that but look at Punk when he showed up and look at Bryan. Even though Punk was smaller and not very muscled, he had an image that caught your eye with teh tattoos and piercings. Bryan just looks like some guy who stumbled into a wrestling ring

hystrix
10-07-2010, 08:33 AM
I see how you can think that but look at Punk when he showed up and look at Bryan. Even though Punk was smaller and not very muscled, he had an image that caught your eye with teh tattoos and piercings. Bryan just looks like some guy who stumbled into a wrestling ring

Yeah...until he wrestles. Then he looks like someone who out-classes anyone and everyone in the ring....

Nexus4Life
10-07-2010, 09:05 AM
I can see a US Title match at bragging Rights only if Vince would do it! Punk Vs. Bryan in a way that show's us Bryans wrestling style! Mkae the match a match like both men would've had in ROH for the ROH Title!! It's just an idea!

Dameduse823
10-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah...until he wrestles. Then he looks like someone who out-classes anyone and everyone in the ring....

I agree, when he wrestles he is amazingly talented, but again it goes to my first post here, if you don't have a good image your not going anywhere.

hystrix
10-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I agree, when he wrestles he is amazingly talented, but again it goes to my first post here, if you don't have a good image your not going anywhere.

I contend the WWE set him up foir failure in that department. Starting with week one of NXT where both the Miz and Micheal Cole call him out for being boring. He's not boring, he's hardly had a chance for his character to develop in WWE. I'm sorry, but image or not, the WWE is dropping the ball on this one...

Dameduse823
10-07-2010, 04:23 PM
I contend the WWE set him up foir failure in that department. Starting with week one of NXT where both the Miz and Micheal Cole call him out for being boring. He's not boring, he's hardly had a chance for his character to develop in WWE. I'm sorry, but image or not, the WWE is dropping the ball on this one...

Yes WWE is dropping the ball with Bryan, same way their dropping it with Christian and Bourne half a dozen others. The difference is that all the other guys their dropping teh ball with look liek they could be stars. As unfortunate as it is Daniel Bryan is screwed.

jwt15
10-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Like I said in another thread Vince maybe alot of thinks but in the long run he knows who to push and who an draw money and people like Kaval and Bryan dont have that "IT" tht makes a big draw in wrestling I know it will make alot of internet fans mad but people like Bryan arnt going to be champion in WWE or at least World Champion same goes for TNA and when they had Daniles I could never have seen that guys as a draw outside of a small indy like ROH. I just cant see people seeling out arenas to see BD wrestle and I think Vince knows that.

colonyink
10-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Since WWE is thinking about Unifying titles, maybe they are going to buried the US title. Bryan could be the last US champ you see.

AGEOFFALL
10-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Since WWE is thinking about Unifying titles, maybe they are going to buried the US title. Bryan could be the last US champ you see.

Fine with me. Daniel Bryan could say he was the final us champion.

And why is he jobbing? Thats what Evan Bourne is for.

dreamer1971
10-11-2010, 07:33 AM

and there may be the problem...you think the other wrestlers would truly want their lack of skill displayed like that?

hystrix
10-12-2010, 11:24 AM
and there may be the problem...you think the other wrestlers would truly want their lack of skill displayed like that?

That is the problem. Alot of great wrestlers have there skill sets dumbed down so the less skilled guys don't look like the jokes that they are. It's politics. It always has been. Daniel Bryan is not the first, but is the latest guy to be buried like that...