PDA

View Full Version : It is about weight limits

HeelTurn
08-16-2011, 06:30 PM
This past week on Impact Eric Bischoff announced that the X-Division now has a wright limit of 225lbs, meaning guys like Abyss, Angle and Joe are no longer possible contenders. So what do you guys think about this move, remember the old slogan? "its not about weight limits, its about no limits".

Rilla
08-16-2011, 06:33 PM
I think it now makes the only people eligible for the Triple Crown, I believe it is, XD contenders. Unless they make the TV title the secondary championship instead of the XD Title.

TheRockerGother
08-16-2011, 06:39 PM
To me it's good because when Abyss won it if I remember people complained.

K-Jammin
08-16-2011, 06:43 PM
To me it's good because when Abyss won it if I remember people complained.

But that's because it was Abyss, Joe and Angle were great XD Champions.

Asherdelampyr
08-16-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm fine with it, sure he is turning the X-Division in to the cruiserweight division, but who cares?
As far as Joe or Angle being great X division champs, they were, but at this point it would seem like a step backwards (to me) for them to win the X division gold again.

Y2J___Y2J
08-16-2011, 07:00 PM
I liked it the old way because Joe was able to put on amazing matches with those guys.
Now he'll be stuck in the mid-card jobbing to Steiner, Bully Ray etc.

tad locust
08-16-2011, 07:19 PM
To me,The X-Division is about athletiscm and exiting wrestling in general which is generally performed by small wrestlers.However,Guys like Joe and Angle can also perform that way and should be allowed to compete in the division.Guys like Abyss should not.I think the wrestler's Style should determine whether or not they can compete there instead of there weight.

Jonnybass
08-16-2011, 07:20 PM
i thought the whole point of the x division was "no limits?"

this is bullshit.

fuck Bischoff...fuck TNA

The x division was what made TNA great.....

Asherdelampyr
08-16-2011, 07:25 PM
I liked it the old way because Joe was able to put on amazing matches with those guys.
Now he'll be stuck in the mid-card jobbing to Steiner, Bully Ray etc.

Its not like he can't still wrestle those guys
just not for the gold

Jonnybass
08-16-2011, 07:42 PM
i thought the whole point of the x division was "no limits?"

this is bullshit.

fuck Bischoff...fuck TNA

The x division was what made TNA great.....

in reply to myself this is why i wont watch TNA on TV and im currently watching the PWG 6 year anniversary DVD

AOF666
08-16-2011, 07:48 PM
It's a good move

HCollins-TNA1
08-16-2011, 08:48 PM
I hope they go back to the old weight limit... where it Not about Weight Limits it about No Limits.... where anyone is almost free to wrestle in the X division...

tshizzy34
08-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Yet another reason why not to watch TNA.

monctonvike
08-16-2011, 11:19 PM
I see both points, I also see alot of threads about how much tna sucks and blah blah after ss and raw. I don't see alot of threads about it besides nash showing up ss was pretty predictable and raw was lackluster. I believe they might pick it up next week. I know its hard to top all the hype from the last mitb ppv but they barely through a card together for ss.

Tna was picking alot of steam since against all odds, victory was a huge rd block put they rebounded - hardcore justice wasn't bad but it wasn't good either and they cannot afford to rest on there laurels like the wwe does sometimes. Jesse nease, xima ion and kid kash are good additions to the show

tittle97
08-17-2011, 09:39 AM
I see both points, I also see alot of threads about how much tna sucks and blah blah after ss and raw. I don't see alot of threads about it besides nash showing up ss was pretty predictable and raw was lackluster. I believe they might pick it up next week. I know its hard to top all the hype from the last mitb ppv but they barely through a card together for ss.

Tna was picking alot of steam since against all odds, victory was a huge rd block put they rebounded - hardcore justice wasn't bad but it wasn't good either and they cannot afford to rest on there laurels like the wwe does sometimes. Jesse nease, xima ion and kid kash are good additions to the show

Dude Summer Slam was HARDLY predictable.

Rassling_Fan
08-17-2011, 01:10 PM
On the down side, Angle nor Joe can be X-Division Champion. On the plus side, Steiner nor Abyss can become the X-Division Champion. So I'm okay with this.

I just hope it doesn't get treated like the Cruiserweight Division in WCW, specifically during the later years. Early year WCW would be awesome to replicate.

jordan1995
08-17-2011, 01:37 PM
this is an absolute fukin disgrace yet another thing bishoff and hogan have killed ..what made tna big its no limit x division and they have been choking the life out of it for the last 2 years ..this also means a guy as talented as Joe is left jobbing in the mid card because tna don't give a fuck about pushing this guy .. yet another step in the wrong direction.

steveorton
08-17-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't see the reason for changing the old way, why not leave the old slogan and just don't push guys that are over 225lbs for the X-title, I'm jus sayin...

THE_CRIPPLER
08-17-2011, 05:03 PM
I think its a great move, it gives the younger smaller guys a chance... Joe and Angle dont have any reason to be anywhere near the X divison title, they are or should be considered Main event guys.... they are making it like the cruiserweight divison which is good cause it gives alot of guys a chance to shine.

gohan
08-17-2011, 09:47 PM
waht in the blue the hell are they thinking to chainage it now well poor samoa joe well go back to jobbing !!