PDA

View Full Version : 2011-12 UEFA Champions League

Juvenile Junkie
08-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Play offs tonight.

Overall Im guessing Bayern,Arsenal,Villarreal,Benfica will go through. The landmine fixture could be Ruben Kazan vs Lyon.

Steve Austin
08-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Play offs tonight.

Overall Im guessing Bayern,Arsenal,Villarreal,Benfica will go through. The landmine fixture could be Ruben Kazan vs Lyon.

I agree. I can see Rubin pulling it off. I'm looking forward to the Arsenal game, Arsenal-post Fabregas v Udinese-post Sanchez.

Automatic
08-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Hmmm, I think the Twente/Benfica and Rubin/Lyon match-ups are 50/50. The rest is pretty clear.

Juvenile Junkie
08-16-2011, 12:18 PM
I agree. I can see Rubin pulling it off. I'm looking forward to the Arsenal game, Arsenal-post Fabregas v Udinese-post Sanchez.

I fell sorry for Udinese though,inn the context of Itlaian football,they are the equivalent of Fulham or West Brom making 4th place.

its Arsenal post Fabregas,Nasri,Vela,Ebuoe vs Udinese post Sanchez,Inler and Zapata

Steve Austin
08-16-2011, 12:19 PM
I fell sorry for Udinese though,inn the context of Itlaian football,they are the equivalent of Fulham or West Brom making 4th place.

its Arsenal post Fabregas,Nasri,Vela,Ebuoe vs Udinese post Sanchez,Inler and Zapata

Yeah, they finally get in the CL and their star men leave, atleast they still got Di Natale. Those players aren't as big as the ones I said so I left them out :)

Juvenile Junkie
08-16-2011, 12:21 PM
the draw is rubbish.this non-champions thing is nonsense. FC Twente,Udinese and Rubin Kazan are better than most of the teams in the champions section.I would rather have those 3 than Genk,malmo and Viktoria Plzen

Juvenile Junkie
08-16-2011, 01:22 PM
just imagine IF and its a big,massive IF Arsenal didn't make it,Wenger's job would be in doubt

Eve's Arse No.1
08-16-2011, 01:33 PM
just imagine IF and its a big,massive IF Arsenal didn't make it,Wenger's job would be in doubt

Doubt that alot of fans like myself would be outraged it would be more like what happened at Newcastle in will be sack the board

Automatic
08-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Why is nobody talking football?

Steve Austin
08-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Why is nobody talking football?

Good call with the Twente v Benfica match.

Steve Austin
08-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Shock loss for Villarreal, they still got the home leg to turn in around.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Shock loss for Villarreal, they still got the home leg to turn in around.

Yeah, I watched Bayern play and they really should have bagged 4 or 5.

And cheers for subscribing to my blog dude!

Steve Austin
08-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I watched Bayern play and they really should have bagged 4 or 5.

And cheers for subscribing to my blog dude!

Yeah. I like Bayern, I think the league is theirs this season eventhough Robben said a move to Anzhi would interest him. No problem man, its a great read, you seem to really know your stuff (like me) And being so unbiased makes it even better :)

VanHooliganX
08-17-2011, 08:03 PM
When is the group stage draw?

Steve Austin
08-17-2011, 09:12 PM
When is the group stage draw?

Next Friday most likely, usually the day after all qualifiers for europe.

VanHooliganX
08-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Next Friday most likely, usually the day after all qualifiers for europe.

Cool. Hoping the english teams get good easy fixtures.

Juvenile Junkie
08-18-2011, 05:53 AM
Cool. Hoping the english teams get good easy fixtures.

wouldn't be the first time........

Eve's Arse No.1
08-18-2011, 06:03 AM

Groan its not our fault 3 of our teams are number 1 seeds :(

Interesting if Man City get Barcelona

Steve Austin
08-18-2011, 06:39 AM

I got nothing against ya pal but why do you hate English football so much?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-18-2011, 07:41 AM
I got nothing against ya pal but why do you hate English football so much?

Yeah he has kinda been fucking me off with the way he insults English football.

But he is a Barcelona fan and they have NO CLASS so what do you expect

VanHooliganX
08-18-2011, 08:47 AM
Yeah he has kinda been fucking me off with the way he insults English football.

Agreed pal. He recently called me a Leeds fan which, although from Yorkshire like myself, I cannot stand.
I also don't get why he hates the Premier League. It's 1 of the best sporting leagues, I don't like spanish teams excludng Barcalona (Even then i'm not a big fan) but I love La Liga, damn good league.
You can always count on english and spanish teams to make champs league a brill tournament.

As for Man City. We're in Pot 3, I don't mind who we get from pot 1, I encourage 1 strongest to come face us. Just want an easy pot 2 team though.
Can't wait to find out who gets who though :)

Juvenile Junkie
08-18-2011, 11:42 AM
c'mon,ARSenal ALWAYS get easy groups,you can't deny it.Compare what Arsenal have gotten in the past 5 years in the group stage and round of 16 to Inter Milan,see what I mean!!

And the group stage sucks.Apart from that Man United/valencia group last year where top spot went down to the last kick at Old Trafford,the big teams like Chelsea,Real,AC,Barcelona,Inter will make the last 16.

please find 1 comment where I have 'INSULTED' the EPL.As for hating England,did I not start a thread praising your cricket team for becoming number1?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-18-2011, 01:35 PM
c'mon,ARSenal ALWAYS get easy groups,you can't deny it.Compare what Arsenal have gotten in the past 5 years in the group stage and round of 16 to Inter Milan,see what I mean!!

And the group stage sucks.Apart from that Man United/valencia group last year where top spot went down to the last kick at Old Trafford,the big teams like Chelsea,Real,AC,Barcelona,Inter will make the last 16.

please find 1 comment where I have 'INSULTED' the EPL.As for hating England,did I not start a thread praising your cricket team for becoming number1?

We are saying your hate for english football is becoming annoying you are pissing off alot of people because your acting like a child in all honesty. I cant remember you saying one positive thing about english football.

And when you have any criticism thrown your way you change the subject and bring up something that no one has mentioned. Its getting old and boring

Juvenile Junkie
08-19-2011, 01:39 AM
We are saying your hate for english football is becoming annoying you are pissing off alot of people because your acting like a child in all honesty. I cant remember you saying one positive thing about english football.

And when you have any criticism thrown your way you change the subject and bring up something that no one has mentioned. Its getting old and boring

and what about your criticisms of la liga and serie a? You called 1 league 'the best in the world,not me'.And hey,every league has its criticisms,strengths,weaknnesses,flaws,there is no perfect football league out there.

as far as changing the subject goes,you turned the Etoo/Anzhi Mackhachkala thread into a pro-EPL,anti-La Liga,anti-Serie A thread pal not me.

Juvenile Junkie
08-19-2011, 01:45 AM
Agreed pal. He recently called me a Leeds fan which, although from Yorkshire like myself, I cannot stand.
I also don't get why he hates the Premier League. It's 1 of the best sporting leagues, I don't like spanish teams excludng Barcalona (Even then i'm not a big fan) but I love La Liga, damn good league.
You can always count on english and spanish teams to make champs league a brill tournament.

As for Man City. We're in Pot 3, I don't mind who we get from pot 1, I encourage 1 strongest to come face us. Just want an easy pot 2 team though.
Can't wait to find out who gets who though :)

Group A:

1. Real Madrid
2. AC Milan
3. Man City
4. Dynamo Zagreb

but won't the qualifiers change the pots or are City in pot 3 no matter what? Cuz if Villarreal and Arsenal by some unlikely event don't make it,that should bump a few teams up the ladder.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-19-2011, 04:17 AM
and what about your criticisms of la liga and serie a? You called 1 league 'the best in the world,not me'.And hey,every league has its criticisms,strengths,weaknnesses,flaws,there is no perfect football league out there.

as far as changing the subject goes,you turned the Etoo/Anzhi Mackhachkala thread into a pro-EPL,anti-La Liga,anti-Serie A thread pal not me.

Yep i do not prefer them as much as the premier legaue but im not anti la liga never have been so your making that bit up in your head for a start.

Serie A has gone down hill in my opinion they are alot weaker then they use to be is what i have been saying i have not been syaing out and out hate for one league its just there league has become rather old and boring to me.

NOPE i didnt change that into that YOU did that. Ive never been anti-la liga (again bringing something up that someone has never said)

Im not joking around here you either have some serious mental issues or you are that imature you cant hold a discussion about football without hating on everything and everyone

TheBeardOfZeus
08-19-2011, 04:43 AM

Bundesliga is better than both.

FACT.

Juvenile Junkie
08-19-2011, 05:43 AM
Bundesliga is better than both.

FACT.

last Bundesliga team to win the champions league/UEFA cup was in 2001........

Juvenile Junkie
08-19-2011, 05:44 AM
Eve's arse is a bad little jimmy

Eve's Arse No.1
08-19-2011, 05:53 AM
Eve's arse is a bad little jimmy

Sigh your boring and contribute as much to this forum as my little toe

*IGNORE*

TheBeardOfZeus
08-19-2011, 06:16 AM
last Bundesliga team to win the champions league/UEFA cup was in 2001........

The most competitive league, no?

Juvenile Junkie
08-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Yep i do not prefer them as much as the premier legaue but im not anti la liga never have been so your making that bit up in your head for a start.

Serie A has gone down hill in my opinion they are alot weaker then they use to be is what i have been saying i have not been syaing out and out hate for one league its just there league has become rather old and boring to me.

NOPE i didnt change that into that YOU did that. Ive never been anti-la liga (again bringing something up that someone has never said)

Im not joking around here you either have some serious mental issues or you are that imature you cant hold a discussion about football without hating on everything and everyone

you live under the impression that your opinion is documented fact.Dude,relax.

as for the Serie A decline thing,well thats a bit harsh,since that matchfixing scandal broke in 2006,they've won a world cup and two Champions Leagues since then only Spain have a better record with 1 world cup,1 Euro,3 CL,3 UEFA Cups.Its a poorly marketed league,with bad business structures(in comparison to EPL) with many negative perceptions(matchfixing,dodgy refs,old players) but hey every league has its flaws,no league is perfect.

You attack me for not jumping on your bandwagon,c'mon thats poor.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Junkie you have soooo much hate towards the english league when ever anyone says something postivie about it you say something negative. I am not stating my opinion like its fact AT ALL youre the one who is doing this and i genuinely feel sorry for you if you dont have enough intelligence to realise that you are the one doing that.

You constantly bring up your own opinions in the matter and show no respect for people who have different opinions to you. Im not attacking you for not jumping on my bandwagon im jumping on you because your coming across as an arsehole.

I would prefer it if you dont reply to any of my comments anymore i have wasted enough of my time replying to the nonsense you write. I have decided to ignore you because your opinion is so bias and you verbally attack anyone who dosent believe that who or what ever you think is the greatest in the world. There is no point in talking to you.

Please go on my profile and click ignore as i have now done the same to you.

Juvenile Junkie
08-19-2011, 08:50 AM
what ever makes you sleep at night

Grind_Bastard
08-19-2011, 09:33 AM

Unfortunately, there are more Barcelona fans like that, but not all are like that. Same goes for Real Madrid. But the number of stupid followers of both teams are dangerously increasing.

As for La Liga it sucks for non-Barça/Real Madrid followers. Rest of the teams can't reach their level when TV incomes are like now (142 million euros for Madrid and Barcelona, for the third, Valencia or Atlético de Madrid are 41 million... come on!) Some years back you could have different teams competing for the title, such as Deportivo de la Coruña, Valencia, and one season, Real Sociedad, but no one has give them a challenge in recent seasons.

On topic, a shocking loss for Villarreal, but I think they still can do it.

Juvenile Junkie
08-20-2011, 04:33 AM
Unfortunately, there are more Barcelona fans like that, but not all are like that. Same goes for Real Madrid. But the number of stupid followers of both teams are dangerously increasing.

As for La Liga it sucks for non-Barça/Real Madrid followers. Rest of the teams can't reach their level when TV incomes are like now (142 million euros for Madrid and Barcelona, for the third, Valencia or Atlético de Madrid are 41 million... come on!) Some years back you could have different teams competing for the title, such as Deportivo de la Coruña, Valencia, and one season, Real Sociedad, but no one has give them a challenge in recent seasons.

On topic, a shocking loss for Villarreal, but I think they still can do it.

since 2004,only two teams have won the EPL.and England had the same top 4 for like 5 years straight........every league has flaws

Eve's Arse No.1
08-20-2011, 04:49 AM
Man City , Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea and Man U is what set our leagues apart the top 4 is never predictable i have to agree Grind Bastard

Juvenile Junkie
08-21-2011, 02:38 AM
Man City , Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea and Man U is what set our leagues apart the top 4 is never predictable i have to agree Grind Bastard

you must be so naive to honestly think Arsenal,Spurs and Liverpool are title contenders,get real.Serie A and the Bundesliga have more REALISTIC title contenders.

Top 4 never predictable?Really? Really? Really?

2004-2009,same top 4 year in year out.la Liga has had the most DIFFERENT amount of clubs qualify for the UCL,Italy hasn't had the same top 4 since 2003.

VanHooliganX
08-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Group A:

1. Real Madrid
2. AC Milan
3. Man City
4. Dynamo Zagreb

but won't the qualifiers change the pots or are City in pot 3 no matter what? Cuz if Villarreal and Arsenal by some unlikely event don't make it,that should bump a few teams up the ladder.

Sorry for only just refinding this thread. Haven't really been on either lately lol

According to Wikipedia, Regardless of which teams qualify this year Man City and Lyon are in pot 3.

As for that group. I wouldn't mind that, Maybe not team 4 but it would be an interesting group at least.

Steve Austin
08-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Sorry for only just refinding this thread. Haven't really been on either lately lol

According to Wikipedia, Regardless of which teams qualify this year Man City and Lyon are in pot 3.

As for that group. I wouldn't mind that, Maybe not team 4 but it would be an interesting group at least.

I'm pretty sure its down to points, you do well in europe you get points like Madrid a few years back were in pot 2, Man City havent done well in europe in recent seasons so thats why.

VanHooliganX
08-21-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm pretty sure its down to points, you do well in europe you get points like Madrid a few years back were in pot 2, Man City havent done well in europe in recent seasons so thats why.

Agreed, we're ranked 17th out of everyone in this season. Hoping Quarters or better. Round of 16 minimum.

Steve Austin
08-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Agreed, we're ranked 17th out of everyone in this season. Hoping Quarters or better. Round of 16 minimum.

Yeah exactly :) That would be good for their first time. I enjoyed Bolton v City today, thought it was a great game.

VanHooliganX
08-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Yeah exactly :) That would be good for their first time. I enjoyed Bolton v City today, thought it was a great game.

Me too lol

Barry with a very sexual goal. Beat that Lampard, Oh wait he doesn't score anymore :P lol

Steve Austin
08-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Me too lol

Barry with a very sexual goal. Beat that Lampard, Oh wait he doesn't score anymore :P lol

Haha, you don't see many people call goals sexual goals but whatever you like haha. All Lampard does these days is dive, he's done it in both games this season, oh and he hits the wall on every shot, even when there is no wall.

VanHooliganX
08-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Haha, you don't see many people call goals sexual goals but whatever you like haha. All Lampard does these days is dive, he's done it in both games this season, oh and he hits the wall on every shot, even when there is no wall.

XD Seems his england performances are rubbing into his chelsea performances.

And sayign sexual about certain things catches on. My friend says it about most things he loves and its rubbed off on me lol

Juvenile Junkie
08-23-2011, 01:46 AM

Lyon? Thats impossible,they made the semis 2 seasons ago and always make the last 16.

UEFA's coefficient system is stupid,wins in the Uefa Cup count the same amount of points as that in the Champions League,silly.

Juvenile Junkie
08-23-2011, 01:52 AM

for some teams its dependant on the qualifiers.

Juvenile Junkie
08-23-2011, 01:57 AM
potentially some unwanted third and fourth seeds include : Man City,Napoli,Borussia Dortmund,Lille and Udinese pending qualificaion.

Maybe this is the year of the dark horse

TheBeardOfZeus
08-23-2011, 03:53 AM
potentially some unwanted third and fourth seeds include : Man City,Napoli,Borussia Dortmund,Lille and Udinese pending qualificaion.

Maybe this is the year of the dark horse

I wouldn't mind Napoli so much as Dortmund, Gotze is an outstanding player.

United can't face City anyway, but I'd rather avoid both Napoli and Dortmund.

Grind_Bastard
08-23-2011, 01:18 PM
In about 25 minutes Villarreal tries to qualify, I bet they do.

VanHooliganX
08-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Lyon? Thats impossible,they made the semis 2 seasons ago and always make the last 16.

UEFA's coefficient system is stupid,wins in the Uefa Cup count the same amount of points as that in the Champions League,silly.

I agree. But Manchester United are ranked first over second who is Barcalona. How does that work lol

Grind_Bastard
08-23-2011, 03:55 PM
In about 25 minutes Villarreal tries to qualify, I bet they do.

Oooooooooooooh yeah, they did! 3-0 with a bit of help from the GK in the 3rd goal

Automatic
08-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Bayern Munich, Villareal, Genk and APOEL Nicosia are all going to CL group stage. I'm a bit surprised about the loss of Wisla Krakow.

Grind_Bastard
08-23-2011, 05:46 PM
I want BATE to win tomorrow.

Automatic
08-23-2011, 05:48 PM
I want BATE to win tomorrow.

Who do they face?

Grind_Bastard
08-23-2011, 06:15 PM
BATE vs Sturm Graz

Automatic
08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
BATE vs Sturm Graz

Shouldn't be too hard for them.

VanHooliganX
08-24-2011, 05:46 PM
So the 32 teams have been confirmed and the draw is tomorrow tea time (if you're on english time)

I should point out I picked the wrong french team. Lille are in pot 3 not Lyon(Pot 2 for them)

For people who'se teams are in the champions league. Who're you hoping to get?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-24-2011, 05:54 PM
So the 32 teams have been confirmed and the draw is tomorrow tea time (if you're on english time)

I should point out I picked the wrong french team. Lille are in pot 3 not Lyon(Pot 2 for them)

For people who'se teams are in the champions league. Who're you hoping to get?

Are Arsenal in pot 1 or 2?

VanHooliganX
08-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Are Arsenal in pot 1 or 2?

Pot 1. All english but Man City are pot 1.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-24-2011, 06:01 PM

Cool just checking i was hoping so. Also hope Man City get Barca that would be interesting,

Trabzonor or what ever they are called the team that Scot Carson plays for got Fenerbache place for those who were wondering

VanHooliganX
08-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Cool just checking i was hoping so. Also hope Man City get Barca that would be interesting,

Trabzonor or what ever they are called the team that Scot Carson plays for got Fenerbache place for those who were wondering

Whoever we get from pot 1 will beat us (Excluding Porto, I reckon we can beat them)
Hoping for an easy pot 4. Not Dortmund or Napoli :(
Should be interesting lol

Eve's Arse No.1
08-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Whoever we get from pot 1 will beat us (Excluding Porto, I reckon we can beat them)
Hoping for an easy pot 4. Not Dortmund or Napoli :(
Should be interesting lol

Damn Napoli and Dortmund are in Group 4!!!!!! wow yeah i think Every one will want to miss them.

Wheres the list at by the way?

VanHooliganX
08-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Damn Napoli and Dortmund are in Group 4!!!!!! wow yeah i think Every one will want to miss them.

Wheres the list at by the way?

Wikipedia XD
I find the official champions league website un-organized

VanHooliganX
08-24-2011, 06:10 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_UEFA_Champions_League

At the bottom of the wiki page it says who is in what pot.

There are some really good pot 2 and 3 teams :S

Eve's Arse No.1
08-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Yeah so an English team is guaranteed a Spanish or a French team really

Think easiest will be Moscow, Basel, APOEL in all honesty but i think Barca will get them because they get all the luck
Hardest looks like Lyon, Man City(or Zenit from Eng outlook), Dortmund that could be tough

I would LOVE Man City to get either Madrid or Barca, Milan or Lyon, Dortmund or Napoli because i think they are up to the task

VanHooliganX
08-24-2011, 06:18 PM
It annoys me that BATE Borisov and Basel are in the same pot as us. Whoever gets them in pot 1 will be happy (Unless they get 1 of the best 3 in pot 4)

Damnit UEFA do the pot now. This is killing me!

Eve's Arse No.1
08-24-2011, 06:22 PM
It annoys me that BATE Borisov and Basel are in the same pot as us. Whoever gets them in pot 1 will be happy (Unless they get 1 of the best 3 in pot 4)

Yeah but you aint achieved shit in Europe think this is your first champs league but my memory past 92 on football not great

Your kinda lucky your not in pot four as Dortmund could of easily been in pot 3 instead.

But i am scratching my head at Ajax being there think this is there first CL for many years

Grind_Bastard
08-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Let's see which team Barça get...

Juvenile Junkie
08-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Potential Group of Death:

1.Barcelona
2.AC Milan
3.Manchester City
4.Borussia Dortmund

Porto become top seeds after all they points they accumilated in the Europa League!Europa League! Europa League!What a lop-sided system UEFA use...........

Juvenile Junkie
08-25-2011, 12:47 AM

they count UEFA Cup as the same point system as Champions League.Hamburg who made the semis of the UEFA Cup in 2009,earned more ranking points than Man United and Barcelona who made the final of the UCL that season,what a joke.

Juvenile Junkie
08-25-2011, 12:48 AM

Maybe Shiek Mansoor can buy Arsenal's top seeding from them?......

Androo
08-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Firstly, why did you create all these other threads?

Champions League group stage draw in full:

Group A:

Bayern Munich, Villarreal, Manchester City, Napoli

Group B:

Inter Milan, CSKA Moscow, Lille, Trabzonspor

Group C:

Manchester United, Benfica, Basle, Otelul Galati

Group D:

Real Madrid, Lyon, Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb

Group E:

Chelsea, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Genk

Group F:

Arsenal, Marseille, Olympiakos, Borussia Dortmund

Group G:

Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St Petersburg, APOEL Nicosia

Group H:

Barcelona, AC Milan, BATE Borisov, Viktoria Plzen

Man City have been handed a relatively tough group. I may even put a few bob on Napoli to get 2nd place and go through with Bayern.

I think Man Utd will win their group.

Group D looks tricky aswell, bur Real Madrid will probs win that.

Chelsea should qualify.

Again, Arsenal have a potential tough group. Dortmund are the ones to watch there. I'm worried for them at this time, but I'm sure they'll get better, and hope they do well here.

And, I think Barca and Milan are sure fire qualifiers, yeh?

Outright odds from BETFRED.com

Barcelona 2/1
Real Madrid 5/1
Man Utd 6/1
Chelsea 8/1
Man City 14/1
Arsenal 16/1
Bayern Munich 20/1
Inter Milan 25/1
AC Milan 25/1
Porto 25/1
Borussia Dortmund 33/1
Valencia 66/1
Benfica 66/1
Shakhtar Donetsk 66/1
Lyon 80/1
Napoli 80/1
Zenit St Petersburg 80/1
Lille 100/1
Villarreal 100/1
Bayer Leverkusen 150/1
Marseille 150/1
CSKA Moscow 150/1
Ajax 150/1
Olympiacos 200/1
Genk 500/1
FC Basel 500/1
Dinamo Zagreb 500/1
Trabzonspor 750/1
Bate Borisov 1000/1
Viktoria Plzen 1000/1
APOEL 1000/1
Otelul Galati 1000/1

VanHooliganX
08-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Good idea Junkie! :D

As for the betting. How the hell are we rated higher than Arsenal and Bayern Munich?

Juvenile Junkie
08-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Firstly, why did you create all these other threads?

\one was for the qualifiers which turned into a discussion about something else,the one was for the pots,and the one was for dream groups.

Juvenile Junkie
08-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Good idea Junkie! :D

As for the betting. How the hell are we rated higher than Arsenal and Bayern Munich?

who's we?? Its ridiculous how UCL,UEL and domestic cup betting odds get influenced on the draw.

VanHooliganX
08-26-2011, 01:01 AM
who's we?? Its ridiculous how UCL,UEL and domestic cup betting odds get influenced on the draw.

Manchester City. Since I support them I consider myself a cityzen.

Juvenile Junkie
08-26-2011, 01:27 AM
Manchester City. Since I support them I consider myself a cityzen.

Didn't know Manchester had another team..................

(sorry,couldn't resist)

VanHooliganX
08-26-2011, 01:29 AM
Didn't know Manchester had another team..................

(sorry,couldn't resist)

No you're right. There is only 1 Manchester team in manchester :)
The other thought of Manchester is Trafford United :D

Juvenile Junkie
08-26-2011, 01:36 AM
No you're right. There is only 1 Manchester team in manchester :)
The other thought of Manchester is Trafford United :D

oh ok,didn't know,so how many manchester born n' raised locals play for these Manchester teams?

VanHooliganX
08-28-2011, 12:35 AM
oh ok,didn't know,so how many manchester born n' raised locals play for these Manchester teams?

First team - 0 (Unless Adam Johnson is but I could say this for any English player, no clue what cities they're for) but I could say this for every European contending English side
Reserves - 5-10?
Youth - 85%

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 09:49 AM
So the big kick off is just 3 days away!

Interesting to note that 3 of the last 4 winners of the Europa League are all in group G(Zenit,Shaktar and Porto).

Tomsta666
09-10-2011, 10:06 AM
First team - 0 (Unless Adam Johnson is but I could say this for any English player, no clue what cities they're for) but I could say this for every European contending English side
Reserves - 5-10?
Youth - 85%

Adam Johnson was a product of the BORO youth system :D he was born in Sunderland I believe... I could be wrong though

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Adam Johnson was a product of the BORO youth system :D he was born in Sunderland I believe... I could be wrong though

Middlesborough.

Tomsta666
09-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Middlesborough.

Nope. Sunderland :cool:

Though born in Sunderland, Johnson was taken in by Middlesbrough's youth academy as a youngster after being released by Newcastle United, where he was on the books between the ages of 10 and 12,[3] and spotted by 'boro scouts at an East Durham school-age match.[8][9] He and his Boro teammates David Wheater, Tony McMahon and Andrew Taylor were part of the squad that won the 2003–04 FA Youth Cup.

It's such a shame we can't keep hold of these players :(

Androo
09-10-2011, 11:25 AM
So the big kick off is just 3 days away!

Interesting to note that 3 of the last 4 winners of the Europa League are all in group G(Zenit,Shaktar and Porto).

Man, that is strange. How was the draw done? Was there seedings? If so, wouldn't they have been 1 and 2 seeds? That's a tough group then. I'd say Porto and Shaktar to go through.

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Man, that is strange. How was the draw done? Was there seedings? If so, wouldn't they have been 1 and 2 seeds? That's a tough group then. I'd say Porto and Shaktar to go through.

Porto picked up UEFA co-efficient points by winning the UEFA cup that saw them overlap 2007 UCL winners AC Milan as a top seed.under UEFA's current system,points gained for wins and draws in the UEFA cup count the same as in the Champions League.2009 UCL winners barca,gained LESS points than 2009 Uefa Cup semi-finalists Hamburg.Its under this lop-sided system that Italy and Russia have lost champions league spots to Portugal and Germany,who both accumilated co-efficient poins in the UEFA Cup.hope what I said makes some sense,because UEFA's co-efficient systme does not.

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 12:04 PM
who would have ever thought you would see Man City vs Napoli in the Champions League?

back in 2003,Napoli were in financial crisis and in Serie C,Man City were a relegation figher in the EPL,how times have changed.

Just think,in 10 years time the Champions League final could very well be Scunthorpe vs Hearts

Steve Austin
09-10-2011, 01:17 PM
who would have ever thought you would see Man City vs Napoli in the Champions League?

back in 2003,Napoli were in financial crisis and in Serie C,Man City were a relegation figher in the EPL,how times have changed.

Just think,in 10 years time the Champions League final could very well be Scunthorpe vs Hearts

Lets be realistic here, Scunthorpe yeah but Hearts, doubt it ;)

Juvenile Junkie
09-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Lets be realistic here, Scunthorpe yeah but Hearts, doubt it ;)

ya true,they won't be a match for Steve McClaren's Nottingham Forest

Juvenile Junkie
09-13-2011, 12:41 AM
today is the big day!

Automatic
09-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Holy shyte Pato 24 seconds.

Juvenile Junkie
09-14-2011, 05:00 AM
hmm,I said AC milan could stop barca,Subject Zero has been left with egg on face

Automatic
09-14-2011, 10:11 AM
hmm,I said AC milan could stop barca,Subject Zero has been left with egg on face

Egg on face?

Subject Zero
09-14-2011, 03:31 PM

How?????

I said they could beat them i didnt say they would i said they could. Any team can beat any team in the Champions League in 1 game. Its over two legs where most teams will struggle especially with the highly suspicious refereeing that always happens at the Nou Camp.

Anyway

Love ITV its soooo shite.

Man U foul and they saw the players trip up over themselves. Arsenal or any foreign team thats playing any other English side and its 'Well hes lucky to stay on the pitch after that'

Dont know what ITV's problem is.

Oh and can someone explain to me when Celtic or Rangers are in the Champions league they are Scottish or Bangor City or whoever play in the qualifiers they are Welsh. But when its an English team they are British????

Subject Zero
09-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Fergie is a true genuis but he is such a twat when dealing with the press it makes him look a right moron.

Tommy Thunder
09-14-2011, 04:14 PM
How?????

I said they could beat them i didnt say they would i said they could. Any team can beat any team in the Champions League in 1 game. Its over two legs where most teams will struggle especially with the highly suspicious refereeing that always happens at the Nou Camp.

Anyway

Love ITV its soooo shite.

Man U foul and they saw the players trip up over themselves. Arsenal or any foreign team thats playing any other English side and its 'Well hes lucky to stay on the pitch after that'

Dont know what ITV's problem is.

Oh and can someone explain to me when Celtic or Rangers are in the Champions league they are Scottish or Bangor City or whoever play in the qualifiers they are Welsh. But when its an English team they are British????

I can't disagree more there. It's the other way around if anything.
Bangor fell victim to this when playing qualifiers this year. Whenever they were mentioned on 5 live, they were referred to as a British team. Same goes for Celtic and Rangers. Every time they are referred to in the context of Champions League/Europa League, they're British teams.

Subject Zero
09-14-2011, 04:16 PM
I can't disagree more there. It's the other way around if anything.
Bangor fell victim to this when playing qualifiers this year. Whenever they were mentioned on 5 live, they were referred to as a British team. Same goes for Celtic and Rangers. Every time they are referred to in the context of Champions League/Europa League, they're British teams.

When? When its ITV they say Scottish and its always British for English teams???

Its never been British all the way around. It never is.

Tommy Thunder
09-14-2011, 04:23 PM
When? When its ITV they say Scottish and its always British for English teams???

Its never been British all the way around. It never is.

It's the other way around dude. It always has been. I'm sick and tired of Welsh/Scotish teams being referred to as British. I'm proud to be Welsh, and I hate it when Welsh teams are referred to as British teams in competitions. English teams are always referred to as English teams.

It's the same with Andy Murray in tennis. He's always referred to as a British tennis player as opposed to a Scotish tennis player, something which he's openly said he's unhappy about.

Subject Zero
09-14-2011, 04:33 PM
It's the other way around dude. It always has been. I'm sick and tired of Welsh/Scotish teams being referred to as British. I'm proud to be Welsh, and I hate it when Welsh teams are referred to as British teams in competitions. English teams are always referred to as English teams.

It's the same with Andy Murray in tennis. He's always referred to as a British tennis player as opposed to a Scotish tennis player, something which he's openly said he's unhappy about.

Id agree with Andy Murray but with Football honestly its the other way round.

Tommy Thunder
09-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Id agree with Andy Murray but with Football honestly its the other way round.

Not in my experience. My team has always been referred to as a British team as opposed to a Welsh team whenever we've been in European qualifiers.

Subject Zero
09-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Not in my experience. My team has always been referred to as a British team as opposed to a Welsh team whenever we've been in European qualifiers.

Well YOUR team is Man Utd so i agree with you there.

Tommy Thunder
09-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Well YOUR team is Man Utd so i agree with you there.

I meant my local team.

Subject Zero
09-14-2011, 04:53 PM
I meant my local team.

I know :D......

Juvenile Junkie
09-15-2011, 03:16 AM

Yes,true,spot on,and when they get thumped they get referred to as Scottish or Irish.remember the times when they would say on Sky Sports News that there are 5 british teams in the last 16?Oh and ofcourse.Mr.Neutrality himself,Andy Grey(thankfully he is gone) thinks he is English.Andy Murray is British,David Coultart,those irish golfers are British too!

The winners of rugby's Anglo-Welsh cup are British too! can't forget them.At least we don't seem to here too much about X amount of British teams in the QF of the World or Heinken Cups....

Juvenile Junkie
09-15-2011, 03:18 AM
So erm,Man City's big night was a let down......

atleast(for the moment) there were no 3,4,5 goal wins.

Inter lose at home to Trabzonspor,I think Louis Van Gaal can start typing up his CV......

Juvenile Junkie
09-15-2011, 03:21 AM
who was that guy in the Carlos Tevez shirt?

Balotelli's iPad worked more in the last 15 minutes than tevez!!

Subject Zero
09-15-2011, 04:19 AM
who was that guy in the Carlos Tevez shirt?

Balotelli's iPad worked more in the last 15 minutes than tevez!!

The guy dosent want to be there we all know this. Man City want alot of money for him which is understandable but Tevez is hardly someone who shows professionalism (compare him to Cesc who gave his all for Arsenal for 2 whole seasons before he finally left.). Know the major problem with this whole Tevez thing is if Man City fine him wages based on this performance and attitude then they would come across and the bad guys in this.

But now that Tevez is cup tied in the Champions League it does reduce the amount of teams that would want to pay big money for him in January so he might figure this out and start playing with effort.

Juvenile Junkie
09-15-2011, 04:39 AM
But now that Tevez is cup tied in the Champions League it does reduce the amount of teams that would want to pay big money for him in January so he might figure this out and start playing with effort.

This is why Football needs big Phil to coach European club that has money,he could bring in all those South American outcasts who go back to SOuth America for ''Family reasons" (like Manuel Pellegrini's 2006 Semi final Villarreal) like King Ronnie,Denilson(both),Adriano............hic,Luis Fabiano,Riquelme,Tevez,Deco,Belletti

Inter had 1 Italian player in their starting XI,I wonder what Platini or Blatter would have said if it was an EPL team with 10 foreigners.funny how the 6 + 5 rule and other proposals have disappeared when England only had 1 team in the semi's for the lAst 2 seasons.

Subject Zero
09-15-2011, 04:56 AM
This is why Football needs big Phil to coach European club that has money,he could bring in all those South American outcasts who go back to SOuth America for ''Family reasons" (like Manuel Pellegrini's 2006 Semi final Villarreal) like King Ronnie,Denilson(both),Adriano............hic,Luis Fabiano,Riquelme,Tevez,Deco,Belletti

LOL Tevez dosent want to leave because of Family Reasons he wants to leave because he wants more money.

Big Phill did manage Chelsea but wasnt up to the job. And ran off back home.

Juvenile Junkie
09-15-2011, 07:13 AM
LOL Tevez dosent want to leave because of Family Reasons he wants to leave because he wants more money.

Big Phill did manage Chelsea but wasnt up to the job. And ran off back home.

thats why i said "family reasons".

Notice how few players who join Man City and leave don't go to big clubs?perhaps it sais something. Adebayor,an exeption

Tommy Thunder
09-15-2011, 07:35 AM
I love it how Ryan Giggs just doesn't seem to care that he's 37 years old.

el gabo
09-15-2011, 08:32 AM
I love it how Ryan Giggs just doesn't seem to care that he's 37 years old.

Great goal. As soon as I read he scored, I knew it was a long range blast.

Benfica's goal was all sorts of awesome. Man U was lucky they got a tie.

Subject Zero
09-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Man U was lucky they got a tie.

Yeah i thought Benfica were the much better side on the night.

Thats kinda why i had a little bitch about ITV they are so bias towards Man U its annoying having to watch some games on their channel

Tommy Thunder
09-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Benfica had the best of it in the first half, but IMO, neither team bossed the second half.
I'd say a draw was a fair result. Neither team deserved to take 3 points from that game. Although, Benfica had the best chances to get a winner, and thanks to Lindergaard having a great game, we kept it level. He should be United's no.1 IMO.

Juvenile Junkie
09-16-2011, 03:08 AM
Stoke = Europa League dark horse

Juvenile Junkie
09-16-2011, 03:09 AM
Thats kinda why i had a little bitch about ITV they are so bias towards Man U its annoying having to watch some games on their channel

whoa whoa wait,biased English commentators/tv pundits??,impossible,never,wow,gosh,thats a first.....

Juvenile Junkie
09-16-2011, 03:12 AM
England & Spain lose their European dominance - Five things we learned from the Champions League this week

By Robin Bairner

After much anticipation, the Champions League is finally back with us. No less than 16 matches were played in Europe’s elite competition over the course of the last week, and each fixture brought with it a unique brand of drama.

Giants were toppled and new stars began to emerge, and even after only one round of matches, we’ve learned a great deal about some of the top clubs on the continent.

1.The dominance of England & Spain will not be so pronounced

Last term, the Champions League was dominated by teams from England and Spain, with Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid all reaching the final four of the competition. Indeed, five of the eight groups were won by sides from those two nations.

This time around, the path looks to be a little more complicated for the representatives of the Premier League and the Primera Division. From the opening week of fixtures, clubs from Europe’s top two leagues managed to accrue just one solitary win apiece. Chelsea picked up a steady 2-0 home success over Bayer Leverkusen, while Real Madrid were far from convincing as they beat Dinamo Zagreb 1-0 in Croatia.

Though the cream is liable to rise to the top over the course of six games, it is pleasing to see the elite being challenged in a serious manner.

2.Playing beautiful football is one thing, but it is the result that counts

In the past, Lille head coach Rudi Garcia’s side have been compared to Barcelona because of their style of play, but the French champions emulated the Catalans in an unwanted fashion on Wednesday evening.

Twenty-four hours before les Dogues kicked off their campaign, the Spaniards had conceded an extremely late goal to AC Milan at Camp Nou to start their Champions League campaign with a 2-2 draw.

Unfortunately for LOSC, they would suffer a similar fate against CSKA Moscow, whom they had dominated for well over an hour before Seydou Doumbia bullied David Rozenhal out of the way to strike the opening goal.

Like Barcelona, Lille had controlled the ball, and though they created countless chances, they did not gain a sufficient lead to grab three important points. While Barca have the pedigree to recover, the Frenchmen will have to show the character as well as more technical ability to bounce back from this deflating result.

3.Hulk really does have an incredible shot & won't be at Porto next season

Towards the end of the transfer window, Goal.com revealed details of Anzhi Makhachkala’s ambitious bid to snatch Hulk from Porto, and the Brazilian striker served to show his pedigree on the opening evening of Champions League action.

Having conceded earlier against Shakhtar Donetsk, the Portuguese champions looked in a little trouble until their striking superstar struck a free kick into the Ukrainian side's net with remarkable ferocity.

If there is a harder shot scored in the competition this year, it will have to be a true thunderbolt. Hulk's strike only served to underline why the 25-year-old will move to a higher profile league next summer. On such form, all of Europe’s elite will be clamouring to sign him.

4.There are no formalities in the Champions League

Zenit St Petersburg learned to their cost when they travelled to Cyprus to face APOEL on Tuesday evening that no side in the Champions League can be taken lightly. Previously, the home side hadn’t picked up a solitary success at this stage of the competition, but that all changed against the big-spending Russian outfit.

Konstantin Zyryanov seemed to have put the visitors on course for three points, but, with less than 20 minutes remaining, Gustavo Manduca and Ailton scored goals in quick succession to turn the tie round.

The Russians weren’t the only team to get their fingers burnt. Valencia were held by Genk, but the big headlines were made by Trabzonspor, who managed to defeat Inter in Italy.

Remarkably, only one team who came out of pot four suffered defeat in the first round of action, and no doubt there are many more shocks in store this term.

5.Ajax’s youth academy continues to churn out fine products

Wednesday’s encounter between Ajax and Lyon saw the two youngest squads in the competition go head-to-head in Amsterdam. With average ages of 23.6 and 24 respectively, there was precious little experience in either side’s ranks, though it was Frank de Boer’s fresh-faced starlets who marginally had the better of things.

While the depleted visitors created some presentable opportunities late on, it was the home side’s youngsters who primarily caught the eye, and, impressively, many of their top performers, such as Kenneth Vermeer and Christian Eriksen had come through the Dutch club’s youth system.

Back in 1995, when Ajax were last kings of Europe, they flourished thanks to their nurturing of young talent, and Lyon goalkeeper Hugo Lloris commented that they could again become a serious European force, explaining after the game: “I think that with a few more years experience for some of their players, Ajax will be able to do some serious damage.”

Sadly for the Dutchmen, this possibility is unlikely to be realised as they will be compelled to sell to sides with greater financial muscle.

Juvenile Junkie
09-16-2011, 03:17 AM
England & Spain lose their European dominance - Five things we learned from the Champions League this week

By Robin Bairner

After much anticipation, the Champions League is finally back with us. No less than 16 matches were played in Europe’s elite competition over the course of the last week, and each fixture brought with it a unique brand of drama.

Giants were toppled and new stars began to emerge, and even after only one round of matches, we’ve learned a great deal about some of the top clubs on the continent.

1.The dominance of England & Spain will not be so pronounced

Last term, the Champions League was dominated by teams from England and Spain, with Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid all reaching the final four of the competition. Indeed, five of the eight groups were won by sides from those two nations.

This time around, the path looks to be a little more complicated for the representatives of the Premier League and the Primera Division. From the opening week of fixtures, clubs from Europe’s top two leagues managed to accrue just one solitary win apiece. Chelsea picked up a steady 2-0 home success over Bayer Leverkusen, while Real Madrid were far from convincing as they beat Dinamo Zagreb 1-0 in Croatia.

Though the cream is liable to rise to the top over the course of six games, it is pleasing to see the elite being challenged in a serious manner.

2.Playing beautiful football is one thing, but it is the result that counts

In the past, Lille head coach Rudi Garcia’s side have been compared to Barcelona because of their style of play, but the French champions emulated the Catalans in an unwanted fashion on Wednesday evening.

Twenty-four hours before les Dogues kicked off their campaign, the Spaniards had conceded an extremely late goal to AC Milan at Camp Nou to start their Champions League campaign with a 2-2 draw.

Unfortunately for LOSC, they would suffer a similar fate against CSKA Moscow, whom they had dominated for well over an hour before Seydou Doumbia bullied David Rozenhal out of the way to strike the opening goal.

Like Barcelona, Lille had controlled the ball, and though they created countless chances, they did not gain a sufficient lead to grab three important points. While Barca have the pedigree to recover, the Frenchmen will have to show the character as well as more technical ability to bounce back from this deflating result.

3.Hulk really does have an incredible shot & won't be at Porto next season

Towards the end of the transfer window, Goal.com revealed details of Anzhi Makhachkala’s ambitious bid to snatch Hulk from Porto, and the Brazilian striker served to show his pedigree on the opening evening of Champions League action.

Having conceded earlier against Shakhtar Donetsk, the Portuguese champions looked in a little trouble until their striking superstar struck a free kick into the Ukrainian side's net with remarkable ferocity.

If there is a harder shot scored in the competition this year, it will have to be a true thunderbolt. Hulk's strike only served to underline why the 25-year-old will move to a higher profile league next summer. On such form, all of Europe’s elite will be clamouring to sign him.

4.There are no formalities in the Champions League

Zenit St Petersburg learned to their cost when they travelled to Cyprus to face APOEL on Tuesday evening that no side in the Champions League can be taken lightly. Previously, the home side hadn’t picked up a solitary success at this stage of the competition, but that all changed against the big-spending Russian outfit.

Konstantin Zyryanov seemed to have put the visitors on course for three points, but, with less than 20 minutes remaining, Gustavo Manduca and Ailton scored goals in quick succession to turn the tie round.

The Russians weren’t the only team to get their fingers burnt. Valencia were held by Genk, but the big headlines were made by Trabzonspor, who managed to defeat Inter in Italy.

Remarkably, only one team who came out of pot four suffered defeat in the first round of action, and no doubt there are many more shocks in store this term.

5.Ajax’s youth academy continues to churn out fine products

Wednesday’s encounter between Ajax and Lyon saw the two youngest squads in the competition go head-to-head in Amsterdam. With average ages of 23.6 and 24 respectively, there was precious little experience in either side’s ranks, though it was Frank de Boer’s fresh-faced starlets who marginally had the better of things.

While the depleted visitors created some presentable opportunities late on, it was the home side’s youngsters who primarily caught the eye, and, impressively, many of their top performers, such as Kenneth Vermeer and Christian Eriksen had come through the Dutch club’s youth system.

Back in 1995, when Ajax were last kings of Europe, they flourished thanks to their nurturing of young talent, and Lyon goalkeeper Hugo Lloris commented that they could again become a serious European force, explaining after the game: “I think that with a few more years experience for some of their players, Ajax will be able to do some serious damage.”

Sadly for the Dutchmen, this possibility is unlikely to be realised as they will be compelled to sell to sides with greater financial muscle.

6.Serie A's demise is premature
7.mancini is useless in Europe

Steve Austin
09-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Anyone watch Man Utd vs Basel? Great game I thought, end to end stuff and IMO Basel deserved to win, still a great game though.

Wade Barrett 1979
09-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Anyone watch Man Utd vs Basel? Great game I thought, end to end stuff and IMO Basel deserved to win, still a great game though.

Think it'll go down as one of the games of the tournament! Bet Fergie was pissed letting up a 2 goal lead!! Typical Man U, scoring in the dying minutes!

City had a hell of a wake up call! I can see Bayern going far this year! They are on a hell of a run, not conceding, they have class all over the pitch and can score from so many places on the pitch! I think they're closer to Barca than anyone, right now!!

Steve Austin
09-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Think it'll go down as one of the games of the tournament! Bet Fergie was pissed letting up a 2 goal lead!! Typical Man U, scoring in the dying minutes!

City had a hell of a wake up call! I can see Bayern going far this year! They are on a hell of a run, not conceding, they have class all over the pitch and can score from so many places on the pitch! I think they're closer to Barca than anyone, right now!!

Hmmm, yeah good call. I like Bayern, for a team with a small squad they handle all the games well. They can beat anyone on their day and I hopey they do well, as for Man City, their odds will most probably be increased as they seemed to be inexperienced in the UCL but time will tell. Finally a note on Tevez, what is he playing at? He is a disgrace and I hope Mancini supspends him without pay.

Subject Zero
09-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Yeah City need to take legal action against Tevez.

He should have his wages stopped, should be forced to pay City back the wages they have given him so far this season. And he needs to be given a 2 season Ban on football a both Club and International level.

VanHooliganX
09-27-2011, 05:35 PM
6.Serie A's demise is premature
7.mancini is useless in Europe

8. 6 and 7 are bullshit.

If you really expected Man City to instantly be better than the best Germany have to offer then you should actually watch the match.
2 godamn matches have happen, for only 4 groups are you're saying its all over.
With your logic the turkish team are going to go very far just because after 2 games they're top.
Mancini isn't useless in any competition. Learn to football.

Steve Austin
09-27-2011, 05:36 PM

He should have his wages stopped, should be forced to pay City back the wages they have given him so far this season. And he needs to be given a 2 season Ban on football a both Club and International level.

This. I agree, I would play for free, I actually pay to play in a league every week and he's getting £250,000 a week, outrageous!

Wade Barrett 1979
09-27-2011, 05:41 PM
I know Tevez is probably frustrated, first not being able to seal a move away from City, then being a constant bench warmer but that's no excuse for what he did! As Mancini has said, he's probably finished now! I'm sure he'll be gone in January!

VanHooliganX
09-27-2011, 05:42 PM

Agreed. I don't get how he can become re-loyal to us when the transfer market closes.
He has been nothing but a waste of space for us at the moment.

Juvenile Junkie
09-28-2011, 01:33 AM
8. 6 and 7 are bullshit.

If you really expected Man City to instantly be better than the best Germany have to offer then you should actually watch the match.
2 godamn matches have happen, for only 4 groups are you're saying its all over.
With your logic the turkish team are going to go very far just because after 2 games they're top.
Mancini isn't useless in any competition. Learn to football.

Mancini's Lazio finished bottom of their UCL group in 2003/04.his Inter team couldn't get passed the round of 16,and the one occasion that they did they suffered a shock loss to little Villarreal,a club who operate on the same financial level as Wigan! His Sampdoria side didn't go far in Europe Either...

what's wrong with number 6?

numbers 1-5 were of an editorial from Goal.Com

I don't expect Man City to be world beaters,if you look at the UEFA Cup,they made the QF in 09 and the R16 in 2011,they have a klow seeding,and far less European experience than Bayern Munich and Villarreal(they have been in europe 9 times,making the last 8 on 6 occasions,they have the experience).

Tevez is an idiot,how does he expect other clubs to want him if he acts in this way when he doesn't get his way?Inter chose Forlan over him,I don not think for one second anybody will even compare the class of the two players....

Juvenile Junkie
09-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Group A(Bayern Munich) reminds me of when the Round of 16 was a group stage.Villarreal's European track record means that at this stage,not even they are out of the running.

Even Inter and Manyoo don't seem to have the cakewalk every1 expected.Whilst the group stage of the UCl is not as fierce as the Heineken Cup,its an improvement from some of the previous seasons.......

round of 16 should be a group stage again like it used to be......

Juvenile Junkie
09-28-2011, 01:40 AM
We have kids starving around the world,people living in poverty,some countries are in severe debt,and Tevez gets paid fat money to sulk on the bench!

VanHooliganX
09-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Mancini's Lazio finished bottom of their UCL group in 2003/04.his Inter team couldn't get passed the round of 16,and the one occasion that they did they suffered a shock loss to little Villarreal,a club who operate on the same financial level as Wigan! His Sampdoria side didn't go far in Europe Either...

what's wrong with number 6?

numbers 1-5 were of an editorial from Goal.Com

I don't expect Man City to be world beaters,if you look at the UEFA Cup,they made the QF in 09 and the R16 in 2011,they have a klow seeding,and far less European experience than Bayern Munich and Villarreal(they have been in europe 9 times,making the last 8 on 6 occasions,they have the experience).

Tevez is an idiot,how does he expect other clubs to want him if he acts in this way when he doesn't get his way?Inter chose Forlan over him,I don not think for one second anybody will even compare the class of the two players....

I don't really get how you can rate how he does when each 1 of those teams are up and down in being a team that could win it from a team that will get beat. Sure he doesn't have a perfect record but you cannot judge his Man City record in the champions league with just 2 matches played. Wait at least until the Villareal match like I am going to.

I don't agree with 6 because I find Italien teams to still be a threat. Recently they haven't done well but you still can't take away anything from a good side. Stoke City aren't very good compared to the big teams in the premier league and they can really damage a squad when they play well.

Good, I don't really like looking at people (Even Man City fans on Facebook page saying that we will win 3-1 against them, because we're new whilst Bayern are Vets.

and I 1,000% agree with you on Tevez. I don't care if he was joint top scorer, helped us get the same amount of points as Chelsea last season and helped us get a trophy after 30 years. No player is bigger than any team. You never saw Alan Shearer do that to Newcastle, or Gerrard with Liverpool. He is a disgrace and a very bad role model.

VanHooliganX
09-28-2011, 03:45 AM
We have kids starving around the world,people living in poverty,some countries are in severe debt,and Tevez gets paid fat money to sulk on the bench!

Yeah, its a disgrace.
We could all put every EWN members yearly salary and we probably wouldn't make what he makes in a month.

Juvenile Junkie
09-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Lazio had money when Mancini he coached them,so did Inter.

The Serie A/demise issue relates to the obituary of Serie A that gets written whenever they have a team knocked out of Europe.My mate was there when Inter,Juventus and Roma were konocked out by Manyoo,Chelsea,Arsenal and Arsenal's ref,ihe said it was a state of national depression!

Juvenile Junkie
09-28-2011, 12:10 PM
REASONS WHY TEVEZ DIDN'T PLAY(I'm not being serious)

1.Maybe the pitch was crap and he didn't want to risk injury,Arjen Robben gets injured there a lot........

2.he's already won the Champions League,maybe it no longer appeals to him

3He started Oktoberfest early.............hic

4.He wants to get another coach fired(Sergio Batista)

5.no #5,Im out

Well If it wasn't for Carlos Tevez,I wouldn't have known that there is nothing to do in Manchester,and that the only good restuarants are the Italian ones....

Juvenile Junkie
09-29-2011, 01:51 AM
Only 2 wins out of 8 for the EPL clubs in the UCL this season,all the Italian teams won this week,Newcastle are in the top 6,Mancini has fallen out with his players,La Liga is competitive,Serie A is wide open,Man United played Leeds last week,PSG have a proper team,Inter have sacked a coach after a few games,Juventus are top of Serie A,Real Betis and Udinese are in the top tier of their domestic leagues,Kenny Dalglish is a manager,Craig Bellamy is at Liverpool....

MY TIME MACHINE WORKS!

VanHooliganX
09-29-2011, 04:31 AM
Only 2 wins out of 8 for the EPL clubs in the UCL this season,all the Italian teams won this week,Newcastle are in the top 6,Mancini has fallen out with his players,La Liga is competitive,Serie A is wide open,Man United played Leeds last week,PSG have a proper team,Inter have sacked a coach after a few games,Juventus are top of Serie A,Real Betis and Udinese are in the top tier of their domestic leagues,Kenny Dalglish is a manager,Craig Bellamy is at Liverpool....

MY TIME MACHINE WORKS!

Don't suppose you could get Wigan 10th then could you? :P
They've struggled in every season, excluding there first when they were 10th.

Juvenile Junkie
09-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Don't suppose you could get Wigan 10th then could you? :P
They've struggled in every season, excluding there first when they were 10th.

I will try,although that first season was a JEWEL!

Juvenile Junkie
10-18-2011, 09:40 AM
its baack!

dark horse prediction:I'm tipping Villarreal to snatch a point,Rossi to score.Dinamo to beat Ajax.Napoli hold Bayern to a draw.
Bankers: Manyoo,Chelsea,Barcelona,AC Milan.

Even though I support Barcelona,I hope AC Milan win our group,then some other club who actually won their group would have to play us!

Just think,Inter could have another coach before the end of the group stage.And a fourth one in the Europa League.

Juvenile Junkie
10-18-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm gonna make a prediction that Inter won't be in the champions League next year,and another bold prediction that Juventus will be.

Juvenile Junkie
10-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Both English teams win,napoli score against Bayern,Inter beat Lille,Real thumped Lyon,Benfica beat Basle,and some European team beat some team from an EU member country,ya something like that..........

VanHooliganX
10-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Both English teams win,napoli score against Bayern,Inter beat Lille,Real thumped Lyon,Benfica beat Basle,and some European team beat some team from an EU member country,ya something like that..........

What a game. <3 Aguero <3

Wade Barrett 1979
10-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Three more goals for my Dream Team! Thank you very much :)

Tommy Thunder
10-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Good to see United get their first win of the CL campaign.

also, I was shocked to see Madrid thrash Lyon 4-0. I expected a comfortable Madrid win at the Beurnabeau, but 4-0? I was shocked.

Juvenile Junkie
10-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Benzema celebrated his goal against his former team,hmmmm

Pumpkinhead
10-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Group A is getting interesting, I go Bayern and Napoli will advance,

Glad to see the first win, even so we needed two penalties from Rooney, Man Utd is definately in his prime

Juvenile Junkie
10-21-2011, 07:09 AM
wow,this thread is dying.even when all four EPL teams won and all 3 French teams lost

Juvenile Junkie
11-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Matchday four is upon us.

Wade Barrett 1979
11-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Nani needs to start getting me some Dream Team points, the useless shite house!!

VanHooliganX
11-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Very close groups for the english teams. Good entertainment against this year :)

Wade Barrett 1979
11-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Very close groups for the english teams. Good entertainment against this year :)

It is interesting! Your boys are starting to get in their stride, in Europe now!!

VanHooliganX
11-02-2011, 08:31 PM
It is interesting! Your boys are starting to get in their stride, in Europe now!!

I was quite nervous beforehand. Being away and all. Didn't need to worry at all :)
Since losing to Munich we've really been impressive.

Juvenile Junkie
11-03-2011, 10:53 AM
I was quite nervous beforehand. Being away and all. Didn't need to worry at all :)
Since losing to Munich we've really been impressive.

Hate to reign on your parade,but I think even Blackburn could beat Villarreal,they are awful.

Balotelli is king!

Bayern could win the group and get barcelona or Ac Milan,whereas Napoli or manCity could finish second and get Apoel Nikosia,the irony....

Juvenile Junkie
11-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Nani needs to start getting me some Dream Team points, the useless shite house!!

Fergie screwed me by putting Hernandez on the bench. Fabregas scored for me,Ronaldo twice,but David Villa didn't play.Damm fantasy leagues.

Juvenile Junkie
11-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Very close groups for the english teams.)

Close For now,but Chelsea,Arsenal and Man United should finish top.

VanHooliganX
11-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Hate to reign on your parade,but I think even Blackburn could beat Villarreal,they are awful.

Balotelli is king!

Bayern could win the group and get barcelona or Ac Milan,whereas Napoli or manCity could finish second and get Apoel Nikosia,the irony....

Very thick. But a great player, takes a very calm and collected pen :)
Played very well.

Also very true, Villareal didn't perform as well in the 2nd tie.

Close For now,but Chelsea,Arsenal and Man United should finish top.

Should. But Benfica could make an upset against United. Chelsea could continue being Chelsea and FC Van Persie should win there group also but you never know in football. Especially European football.

Surprised to see no-one mention Napolis keeper running like crazy to stop that goal going in at the very end lol

Steve Austin
11-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Very thick. But a great player, takes a very calm and collected pen :)
Played very well.

Also very true, Villareal didn't perform as well in the 2nd tie.

Should. But Benfica could make an upset against United. Chelsea could continue being Chelsea and FC Van Persie should win there group also but you never know in football. Especially European football.

Surprised to see no-one mention Napolis keeper running like crazy to stop that goal going in at the very end lol

Haha FC Van Persie, that is gold!

Wade Barrett 1979
11-03-2011, 01:07 PM

With the wealth of great players they've had in recent years, who'd have thought the Arse would become a virtual one man team!!

It's like Liverpool under Benitez! :p

Steve Austin
11-03-2011, 01:20 PM
With the wealth of great players they've had in recent years, who'd have thought the Arse would become a virtual one man team!!

It's like Liverpool under Benitez! :p

Haha I know, more of a two man team though with Gerrard and Torres (even though we won alot of games without both including Man Utd) I like RVP though, I wish he got out when he had the chance now he's gonna be stuck there, he may like it though being a very very very big fish in a very very very small pond ;)

Wade Barrett 1979
11-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Haha I know, more of a two man team though with Gerrard and Torres (even though we won alot of games without both including Man Utd) I like RVP though, I wish he got out when he had the chance now he's gonna be stuck there, he may like it though being a very very very big fish in a very very very small pond ;)

Ha! I was thinking more 2004-2007, before Torres! When we had the goal scoring giants of Baros and Cisse!

RVP is class, he's killing it for my Dream Team :) He can pretty much name his weekly wage at the moment! The only thing is, does he believe he'll win anything with Arsenal?! He's 28 now! His next contract could be his last!!

Steve Austin
11-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Ha! I was thinking more 2004-2007, before Torres! When we had the goal scoring giants of Baros and Cisse!

RVP is class, he's killing it for my Dream Team :) He can pretty much name his weekly wage at the moment! The only thing is, does he believe he'll win anything with Arsenal?! He's 28 now! His next contract could be his last!!

Ah fair play ha. I used to love Baros :)

Don't tell any Arsenal fans the bolded part, suicide rates will go crazy!

Wade Barrett 1979
11-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Ah fair play ha. I used to love Baros :)
Don't tell any Arsenal fans the bolded part, suicide rates will go crazy!

You liked Baros?! You don't seem crazy! :D

I know, just think without him, they could be in relegation fodder positions!

Steve Austin
11-03-2011, 02:10 PM

Haha I know it may seem crazy but I did, I liked a lot of players that were not great. I would love to see Arsenal get relegated, the main reason would be to see how many fans would still support them.

Pumpkinhead
11-03-2011, 07:41 PM

I can imagine him going to city if they get relegated, well it seems the fashion these days!!!

VanHooliganX
11-03-2011, 08:46 PM

Thank you :) lol
I was thinking of nicknaming them the Robins too but I think some team is using that lol

I think they do have a good keeper, Theos good when he isn't practising for the diving event for the upcoming olympics but RVP seems to be dragging.

Steve Austin
11-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Thank you :) lol
I was thinking of nicknaming them the Robins too but I think some team is using that lol

I think they do have a good keeper, Theos good when he isn't practising for the diving event for the upcoming olympics but RVP seems to be dragging.

They have a few decent players, I like Ramsey and Arteta and Vermaelen is pretty great it's just more fun this way and he is winning games on his own so its true :p theres a Facebook page called Arsenal otherwise known as Van Persie FC, I had to join ha :)

Edit: haha the robins would of been good.