PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Tag Teams

Rich Cranium
08-16-2011, 10:40 AM
According to the front page, the WWE are seeking new tag teams as they have recently given the Young Bucks (GenME) a tryout:

The Young Bucks, known in TNA as Generation Me, received a tryout match yesterday before RAW. The two worked several matches for WWE producers (agents).

WWE is currently seeking tag teams to push their tag division; thus Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross discussing how tag team champions Otunga and McGuillicutty needed some new competition last night on Raw during their match.

Several other California talents got tryouts as well, including Scorpio Sky of WSX and PWG.

Source: Pwinsider

WWE, Bring back the World's Greatest Tag Team! Dicuss.

tittle97
08-16-2011, 10:41 AM
You ninja'd me Rich

Rich Cranium
08-16-2011, 10:49 AM
You ninja'd me Rich

That what we Black Ninjas do best ;)

tittle97
08-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Lol yeah.
I'd rather see the KoW first, that is if The Bucks impresses management. But WWE needs tag teams desperately, so I could see them signing the Bucks to a contract. I'd love to see TWGTT back though.

indysteve1563
08-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Lol yeah.
I'd rather see the KoW first, that is if The Bucks impresses management. But WWE needs tag teams desperately, so I could see them signing the Bucks to a contract. I'd love to see TWGTT back though.

For some reason, I miss Cade and Murdoch.

Rich Cranium
08-16-2011, 11:23 AM

And unfortunately, we will never see that team again. :(

MrzigglesFTW!
08-16-2011, 11:24 AM

Shame we willl never see them again:/!

R.I.P Cade

Rilla
08-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Heard they were looking to bring in Beer Money as well.

Rich Cranium
08-16-2011, 11:35 AM

That would be a problem as they are under contract.

キングバム
08-16-2011, 11:36 AM

Stealing is a magical word!

Rilla
08-16-2011, 11:53 AM

I should have included, when their contracts were up.

Y2J___Y2J
08-16-2011, 12:08 PM
If WWE sign all the tag teams they are currently looking at then it looks like the division is on the up.. Next few months will be interesting.!

Rich Cranium
08-16-2011, 12:10 PM
If WWE sign all the tag teams they are currently looking at then it looks like the division is on the up.. Next few months will be interesting.!

So what Kofi and Bourne just thrown together as a temp team?

Ruthless_Aggression
08-16-2011, 12:13 PM
So what Kofi and Bourne just thrown together as a temp team?

Well they would give a much more interesting feud with the Bucks and KoW than Otunga and Migilicuty would.

Necroyeti
08-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Several other California talents got tryouts as well, including Scorpio Sky of WSX and PWG.
And Joey Ryan and Johnny Goodtime were seen on camera at SummerSlam! (when Henry and Sheamus crashed through the boards)

Imagine the RockNES Monsters in WWE! (Goodtime and Johnny Yuma)

There are a veritable smorgasbord of great wrestling talent in the west-coast indies, like PWG and NWA Hollywood. Can't sing their praises enough.

Bodom
08-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Would love to see the Young Bucks in the WWE as long as their willing to feature them prominently. Not just sign them and use their size as an excuse to do nothing with them.

Ruthless_Aggression
08-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Would love to see the Young Bucks in the WWE as long as their willing to feature them prominently. Not just sign them and use their size as an excuse to do nothing with them.

If they pull this off right, they could be the next Hardy Boys. You know, without the drugs and sour grapes...

punk
08-16-2011, 12:27 PM
TNA would be insane to let Beer Money go but its TNA. Who knows what they will do.

There is enough talent in the WWE to make teams without having to sign too many other talents. Its just a case of bringing them together in a realistic way and not just throwing them together (or it not looking like they were thrown together). And also having them come out to the same music and dressing similar if not the same and having a name for the tag team not the 2 individual names. Even the current tag champions dont even have a tag team name.

If Vickie does end up managing Jack Swagger then he and Dolph can be a tag team (yes I know dolph is US champ)
Ryder and Hawkins have been a tag team before and now that Ryder is more over than he ever has been they should be a more successful team now.
We have now seen Kofi and Bourne as a team, keep have them tagging and building chemistry. Have them use some double team moves and just looking more like a team rather than 2 individuals thrown together.
Goldust and Santino, comedy team?
They could use Cody and Dibiase as a team for a short while at least.
They started to tease us with a Great Khali, Jinder Mahal team but then forgot about it. Push it properly.

Thats 6 teams, then there is the Uso's and the current champs and thats 8 teams. Even if 4-5 of those teams gets over and you bring in 2-3 more from TNA/Independents then you have more than enough to build a successful tag division without hurting the singles very much at all.

HCollins-TNA1
08-16-2011, 12:30 PM

Beside as being under contract in TNA.... They are very loyal to TNA....

AOF666
08-16-2011, 01:37 PM

Don't want to see Beer Money in WWE. If WWE wants them that bad they can buy out their contracts. Also they have enough talent they don't use already, what are they going to do with more tag teams?

HCollins-TNA1
08-16-2011, 01:57 PM
I could see it now Beer Money breaks up and feud in TNA... Then if they decide to come to the WWE they get made a tag team, then broke up after one tag title run.....
Like I said Storm and Roode has been pretty loyal to TNA..... But money talks.... Hopefully they keep their loyalty... But if they don't oh well WWE got one good team, hopefully they will know how to use them...

Also as I have seen mentioned and I'll mention WWE had and have guys that could be great teams... It just they seem to hold a double standard against the Tag Division... Like they do the Mid Card titles..... Hardly ever pushed as a serious division... With TNA you see the Tag division featured in Main Event matches on Impact as well as other Divisions featured as Main Events on Impact... Now if the WWE can do that, maybe just maybe we could see some serious change in the WWE???

Rich Cranium
08-16-2011, 02:04 PM
I could see it now Beer Money breaks up and feud in TNA... Then if they decide to come to the WWE they get made a tag team, then broke up after one tag title run.....
Like I said Storm and Roode has been pretty loyal to TNA..... But money talks.... Hopefully they keep their loyalty... But if they don't oh well WWE got one good team, hopefully they will know how to use them...

I don't think the E will go cherry picking off of TNA's talent. They will probably get their guys from the Indy's which coincidentally is where Haas/ Benjamin are. In fact it wasn't too long ago that Shelton participated in a dark match that occurred in his hometown. Never say never!

Rilla
08-16-2011, 02:14 PM
I have no idea.

I suppose its easier to use established teams with good chemistry instead of their current method of throwing them together to see what sticks.

HCollins-TNA1
08-16-2011, 02:25 PM
I don't think the E will go cherry picking off of TNA's talent. They will probably get their guys from the Indy's which coincidentally is where Haas/ Benjamin are. In fact it wasn't too long ago that Shelton participated in a dark match that occurred in his hometown. Never say never!

They have several guys in FCW they could call up.... Really wish WWE would establish a 2nd Farm brand.... maybe a fed out on the west coast???

Ruthless_Aggression
08-16-2011, 02:35 PM
They have several guys in FCW they could call up.... Really wish WWE would establish a 2nd Farm brand.... maybe a fed out on the west coast???

Shame they don't still have OVW anymore. A lot of great talents came from there.

HCollins-TNA1
08-16-2011, 02:39 PM
At least they still work with the Wild Samoans with talent and etc...

Rich Cranium
08-16-2011, 02:42 PM
At least they still work with the Wild Samoans with talent and etc...

How about the Briscos or teaming Brett Dibiase with Ted?

Bodom
08-16-2011, 03:03 PM

From my understanding Hass and Benjamin are signed to ROH.

HCollins-TNA1
08-16-2011, 03:34 PM
From my understanding Hass and Benjamin are signed to ROH.

Yeap, I think they signed on for a year or so!!!

tshizzy34
08-16-2011, 03:42 PM
I honestly don't care who they bring in so long as they fix the current situation that is the Tag Team Division.

Y2Jryder
08-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Why looking if you have potential tag teams on the roster or in fcw?

TBG
08-16-2011, 09:21 PM
It doesn't matter who they bring in. No one will be better than Head Cheese.

I want Head Cheese. Please.

TempestH
08-17-2011, 03:06 AM
Here's an idea for a storyline

Derrick Bateman is eliminated from NXT. As he is cutting his goodbye promo, Johnny Curtis walks out to the ring. He whispers in Bateman's ear, and Bateman appears to like his idea, and they leave together.

On SmackDown, David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty make an open challenge for the tag titles. Curtis and Bateman answer their challenge and win the tag titles in a competitive match.

The next week, The former Nexus use their rematch clause and lose. Later than night Zack Ryder is in a backstage segment with Curt Hawkins. Ryder is bragging to his partner that he has Triple H eating out of his hand, and he can make the COO give him anything he wants. Ryder marches up to Triple H and demands that he give him and Hawkins a tag title match. The Game obliges and grants them the match at the next PPV. Over the next few weeks, Curtis/Bateman and Ryder/Hawkins are in a face vs. face angle, laughing and joking around as if they are best friends and competing in in 8 man tag matches against heels

When they finally have their match, Triple H comes out to the ring, and he announces that he is adding a new team to the match. Cody Rhodes music hits and he comes out to the ring with Ted DiBiase, making it a triple threat tag team match. Most of the match involves Ted playing a "heel in peril" as the two face teams simply have fun toying with him (and Ryder, Curtis, and Bateman embarrass Ted with comedy spots). DiBiase goes to make a hot tag to Cody, but Cody hops off the apron, grabs his IC Title belt and walks away. He says "I am the Intercontinental Champion, I am above all of this." Cody's abandonment has only served to anger Ted, and he goes into this state of rage, and he takes out his aggression on the legal man, Johnny Curtis with a Super Cena-esque comeback. Ryder, Hawkins, and Bateman all have to rush the ring to save Curtis from getting Squashed. Ted clears the ring of the face wrestlers, and Ryder attempts the Rough Ryder on Ted only to be caught and dumped out of the ring, which gives Curtis the time to recover and make a comeback. As the referee tries to get Hawkins, Ryder, and Bateman back to their corners, Rhodes suddenly runs back into the ring, hits the springboard kick on Curtis, and drapes Ted's arm over him. The referee counts the pinfall and Rhodes/DiBiase are the new Tag Team Champions

Rhodes and DiBiase come out the following night on RAW. Cody is in a suit, while Ted is in his ring gear. Cody explains that this was his plan all along.

"Just like I resurrected the Intercontinental Championship, I resurrected the Tag Team Championship. But I couldn't do that alone. Which is why I contacted my best friend Ted DiBiase. It was a win win situation. I pulled Ted from the gutter of mediocrity and in exchange he helped me attain my goal of bringing glory back to the Tag Team Titles."

Cody's promo is interrupted by Alex Riley, who is scheduled to have a singles match against DiBiase. Riley comes out and cuts a promo on Cody telling him how delusional he must be if he thinks the sun sets and rises because of him,

DiBiase and Riley have their match, and Riley wins. His postmatch celebration is interrupted by Rhodes, who nails him in the head with one of his belts. He and Ted beat down on Riley for a bit, and then they put a paper bag on his head. After the beat down, Riley is shown back stage nursing his injuries, and he's confronted by the Miz, who starts heckling him about the beat down and telling him that he's nothing without him.

Rhodes comes out the next week for a match with Riley. Rhodes cuts a promo mockingly saying "No hard feelings." And to show what a man of "good faith he is" he offers A-Ry a shot at the IC title. Riley ends up losing the match due to a distraction by DiBiase. Rhodes bags Riley a second time. As Rhodes is leaving the ring, The Miz's music hits and he struts down to the ring with a mic. He stands over the fallen, bagged Riley and starts insulting him again.

The following week on RAW, Riley challenges Rhodes & DiBiase to a handicap match. Riley fights valiantly but is ultimately unable to beat the 2 on 1 odds. Rhodes puts another bag on Riley's head. As Rhodes & DiBiase leave the ring, Miz's music hits and he comes out with a mic. Miz says, "Riley, stop trying. You will never be successful without me. Ever....BECAUSE I'M THE MIZ...AND I'MMMMMMM...." As Riley, still with the bag on his head gets to his feet, Miz puts him back down with the Skull Crushing Finale, and in a display mirroring the People's Elbow to Cena, Miz mocks Riley by doing the A-Bomb.... "AAAAAWWWWWWEEEEEESSSSSOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!"

By this point, Riley, tired of Miz mocking him, challenges him to a match. Miz wins due to interference by Rhodes & DiBiase, who then enter the ring to deliver a two on one beat down to A-Ry while the Miz just stands there and watches. Cody brings out another paper bag, but instead hands it to the Miz, telling him to "Put that bag on his head." Miz stares at the bag, looks at Riley, but instead attacks Cody. He clears Cody & Ted from the ring, and helps Riley up. Riley is wary of Miz, but Miz offers a handshake to Riley.

This sets up Miz/Riley vs. Rhodes/DiBiase for the Tag Team Championship