PDA

View Full Version : Dolph Ziggler....possible face turn?

you_know_it
08-15-2011, 10:45 PM
From what I can tell, no one has really said anything about this.

But am I the only one who thinks that they are possibly hinting towards a Dolph face turn with this new Swagger/Vickie story and since dolph and vickie aren't getting along too well. If so, I think it would actually fit well. If I would have thought about this a month ago I would have thought there would be no way he would work as a face. But I see the potential there now.

On a second note. He is really impressing me a lot. I really loved the commentary he did on Raw tonight, I thought it was really funny.

Anyways, this is pretty much my first thread besides my introduction thread, so take it easy on me haha.

Thoughts?

AreYaSerious
08-15-2011, 10:50 PM
I thought so too, but he stomped on JR's hat, and that got a lot of boos, so I'm going to have to say no. I agree his commentary was hilarious.

you_know_it
08-15-2011, 10:58 PM
I thought so too, but he stomped on JR's hat, and that got a lot of boos, so I'm going to have to say no. I agree his commentary was hilarious.

Right, I had the same opinion when he stomped on JR's hat, but you never know. Maybe he just did that to make Vickie happy. It would be interesting to see him as a face. It could really help him, but I doubt it would help him much, seeing that Cena, Punk, and Mysterio are the only faces with a chance at a World Title on RAW.

AreYaSerious
08-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Right, I had the same opinion when he stomped on JR's hat, but you never know. Maybe he just did that to make Vickie happy. It would be interesting to see him as a face. It could really help him, but I doubt it would help him much, seeing that Cena, Punk, and Mysterio are the only faces with a chance at a World Title on RAW.

It's a maybe situation, but yeah very true. I don't consider Punk a face, He's just Punk, either way it would be interesting to see Dolph a face.

Kerrastone
08-15-2011, 11:21 PM
The best thing for Dolph to do is just go crazy on her. Like, she starts nagging so he locks her in a locker room. Anyone who comes to investigate who is screaming in the locker room gets locked in by Ziggler after he throws them in.

AreYaSerious
08-15-2011, 11:24 PM
The best thing for Dolph to do is just go crazy on her. Like, she starts nagging so he locks her in a locker room. Anyone who comes to investigate who is screaming in the locker room gets locked in by Ziggler after he throws them in.

Sounds like something R-Truth would do.

clrj3514
08-15-2011, 11:27 PM

This is exactly what I was gonna say. Quality post bro!

you_know_it
08-15-2011, 11:28 PM
It's a maybe situation, but yeah very true. I don't consider Punk a face, He's just Punk, either way it would be interesting to see Dolph a face.

I think Punk will be a bigger face than Cena, I felt like parts of the feud were like a "passing of the torch". But anyway, there are so many different ways they could go with Dolph, and I think that they at least are changing his character a little, if not turning him face.

Wedge_00
08-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Dolph, can turn tweener and go up against Swagger for the US title.. Swagger's been floundering lately and this could be a feud to steady him on.. Better then seeing someone like Kofi up against them again and again (No offence to Kofi- he's good but he really needs to get a look at something larger... The guys won the US/Intercontinental title a dozen times between the two it seems) He did well against Orton but I was surprised to see him get buried so quickly after the botched RKO spot..

Dolph I think is underrated and underused.. (But what else is news in the wwe??) The finisher is pretty bad though, I think he was getting really strong when he was going up for the WHC. Even the match with Cena wasn't the worse.

tshizzy34
08-15-2011, 11:46 PM
I would love to see Dolph go face, but with the JR hat stomp I dunno, maybe he just did that to do it out of spite, but I too hope he tells Vickie off and then maybe Vickie can go and be Swaggers mngr who knows.

AreYaSerious
08-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Dolph, can turn tweener and go up against Swagger for the US title.. Swagger's been floundering lately and this could be a feud to steady him on.. Better then seeing someone like Kofi up against them again and again (No offence to Kofi- he's good but he really needs to get a look at something larger... The guys won the US/Intercontinental title a dozen times between the two it seems) He did well against Orton but I was surprised to see him get buried so quickly after the botched RKO spot..

Dolph I think is underrated and underused.. (But what else is news in the wwe??) The finisher is pretty bad though, I think he was getting really strong when he was going up for the WHC. Even the match with Cena wasn't the worse.

That would be a great rivalry! I'm tired of seeing Kofi, and Dolph, Kofi and Dolph. However I feel like Riley is going to get the U.S. Title.

tittle97
08-15-2011, 11:49 PM
That would be a great rivalry! I'm tired of seeing Kofi, and Dolph, Kofi and Dolph. However I feel like Riley is going to get the U.S. Title.

dolph does need a new fued, it looks like Swagger is gonna go up against him and try to steal Vickie.

you_know_it
08-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Truly, Raw hinted very strongly to me of a Swagger/Ziggler feud, with one of the two going face. Either way would be fine with me. They could both benefit from it.
Funny thing is, when Ziggler first started showing up on television a few years back, I absolutely hated the guy. He's one of my favorites now.

AreYaSerious
08-15-2011, 11:57 PM
dolph does need a new fued, it looks like Swagger is gonna go up against him and try to steal Vickie.

I would lose on purpose if she was the prize.

tittle97
08-15-2011, 11:57 PM
I would lose on purpose if she was the prize.

Yeah dude, she lost a lot of weight and good for her, but to me she looks like a beaver of some sort.

AreYaSerious
08-16-2011, 12:08 AM
Yeah dude, she lost a lot of weight and good for her, but to me she looks like a beaver of some sort.

She has a lot of unattractive features, she bitches constantly, and her face. Count me out.

tittle97
08-16-2011, 12:09 AM
She has a lot of unattractive features, she bitches constantly, and her face. Count me out.

And her face lol

SESAfro
08-16-2011, 01:08 AM
I think I'm the only person besides Rob that would hit that.

AreYaSerious
08-16-2011, 01:19 AM
I think I'm the only person besides Rob that would hit that.

Brave man.

CM_Jericho
08-16-2011, 03:27 AM
Dolph as a face and turn Kofi Heel... He has shown great heel potential... Remeber when he got super pissed at Legacy and Randy Orton and Fucked up that Nascar? That was awesome!

BlazersDozen
08-16-2011, 03:50 AM
I'm not so sure that its exactly signalling a face change in his character. He did show a lot of heel qualities in his commentary last night. I think they believe Dolph has grown enough to not need Vickie anymore & are just moving to him going solo & Vickie moving onto someone who needs the heel heat help (Swagger)

I think the hat stomp was more of a sign to show he is still a heel instead of just keeping people off guard. I think he should move to SD after dropping Vickie & fued with Orton for the championship.

I was never much of a fan of his but he really impressed me with his work at the announce table last night & I will admit I never have given him much of a chance so I never paid attention to him until last night.

The Awesome One
08-16-2011, 08:02 AM
I can't see him feuding with Orton for the title, but then again, anyones better than Mark Henry!

Dr. Death
08-16-2011, 08:13 AM
I think he'll still be managed by Vicki for a little while, and Vicki will expand her clientele by taking on some more wrestlers to manage like Swagger suggested after the match.

HeelTurn
08-16-2011, 09:03 AM
I dont know why hes still with her, shes not even drawing the heat she used to. Ziggler is a former World Champion and I would prefer to see him try on his own, and as a heel to.

Dr. Death
08-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Agreed, however the story line between Dolph and Vicki will play out a little longer at least until Vicki has expanded her clientele imo. Then I think Dolph Ziggler will quit her "stable" and a feud between Swagger and Ziggler will ensue with Dolph being in between Face/Heel status.

jaymo
08-16-2011, 12:36 PM
dolph needs to stay heel for atleast another year.it's way to early to even think a face turn.

steveorton
08-16-2011, 12:40 PM
dolph needs to stay heel for atleast another year.it's way to early to even think a face turn.

^^^^^^^This, I'm jus sayin...

CMRyder
08-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Dolph=Heel.

AOF666
08-16-2011, 01:30 PM
I would mind seeing a Swagger, Dolph, and Alex Riley feud. They need something else besides the Punk, Cena, and HHH feud. They just expanded it by adding Nash and Del Rio. Tired of one story line and all the yapping to fill a show. Truth and Morisson is a small feud, but Truth is carrying it, and not so much focus on it. Side note I like how the Bellas worked on Kelly Kelly knee, then she made a miracleous recovery.

gravesismizfan
08-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Dolph swagger mcintyer miz vickie stable

FLWWEFan
08-16-2011, 03:38 PM
I think Punk will be a bigger face than Cena, I felt like parts of the feud were like a "passing of the torch". But anyway, there are so many different ways they could go with Dolph, and I think that they at least are changing his character a little, if not turning him face.
I agree with your Punk statement, to me he's this era version of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin to a point. As far as Dolph definetly many different scenarios they can go with to turn him face. But I do think he fits the heel character at this time better. If he were to turn face he would have to tweek his character a bit.

The_Awesome_One
08-16-2011, 04:05 PM
IMO the only way Dolph can turn face is if they give him a gimmick similar to what christian had when he was ECW champion