PDA

View Full Version : MITB concern

jledwig
08-15-2011, 06:44 PM
In my opinion I think that MITB is specifically made for Heels. Think about it. MITB is never cashed in as a legit match its always cashed in when someone is battered and bruised and is not able to compete. Faces won't do that. They will cash in to have a title shot at a PPV and a legit Title shot. I believe that MITB is a broken idea that needs to be revamped. I think it should be changed to having the suitcase guarantees you a title shot at a selected pay per view ahead of time.

I know people have talked about this but I want to see what you guys think about this?

NightWolf
08-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Edge kicked off that tradition with his "Ultimate Opportunist" gimmick. Every wrestler since has done the same thing. Who was it that handed in their MITB briefcase for a legitimate match? Was it RVD or Mr. Kennedy?

Enforcer23
08-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Edge kicked off that tradition with his "Ultimate Opportunist" gimmick. Every wrestler since has done the same thing. Who was it that handed in their MITB briefcase for a legitimate match? Was it RVD or Mr. Kennedy?

rvd i believe

RagingBallsFTW
08-15-2011, 06:55 PM
I personally think this should be the last year they do the MITB concept. It was good while it lasted but it lost it's luster and unpredictability.

jledwig
08-15-2011, 06:55 PM
RVD but it just seems like we all know when they have a MITB match its almost always a HEEL to win so it defeats the purpose of having the match. MITB reminds me of the 24 hour Hardcore Champions ship. Which might I add I would love to see that belt return. haha.

NightWolf
08-15-2011, 06:56 PM
rvd i believe

Ahhh... Yes. I wish they would do that more to change things up a bit. I am tired of seeing everybody pulling an Edge.

Y2J___Y2J
08-15-2011, 07:13 PM
I like the way it is. Maybe the faces who win could announce the match before the PPV or whatever. i.e Daniel Bryan

KingOrton
08-15-2011, 07:31 PM
People forget that when CM Punk cashed in his 1st MITB he was face and stayed face.

Rockstar83
08-15-2011, 08:18 PM
People forget that when CM Punk cashed in his 1st MITB he was face and stayed face.

and Rio cashed in as Heel and stayed Heel lol

tshizzy34
08-15-2011, 08:26 PM
They need to just combine the 2 cases and make it a 1 match free for all with Raw and SD talent competing over 1 briefcase not 2.

AOF666
08-15-2011, 08:33 PM
I agree tired of everyone pulling an Edge.

chunkkynutzzz
08-15-2011, 10:30 PM
It should of just been a wrestlemania match that's it ...not a ppv ,altho I liked this last mitb ppv..but damn how many people are gonna win and cash in a briefcase every year...

North Vegas Benny
08-15-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm just tired of seeing everybody win, make someone lose for a change. Last night would have been the perfect time to do that. Have ADR run in like he did, catch a knee to the chin like he did at MITB. Then when he tries to grab the briefcase and run away, have HHH tell him that he already cashed it in and lost his chance.

Mtt08 xXx
08-15-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm just tired of seeing everybody win, make someone lose for a change. Last night would have been the perfect time to do that. Have ADR run in like he did, catch a knee to the chin like he did at MITB. Then when he tries to grab the briefcase and run away, have HHH tell him that he already cashed it in and lost his chance.

then what gimmick PPV can ADR win to guarantee himself a title shot? at least this way its out of the way, and honestly i dont mind him being champion.

but yeah, i agree. a MITB winner needs to lose at least once

Bob Bowman
08-15-2011, 11:05 PM
It should be only one briefcase instead of two. The idea is watered down and losing its luster. I can honestly say that I like TNA's idea better. A match with different briefcases for different titles with one of them containing a pink slip. At least that wrestler will know they're being future endeavored.

North Vegas Benny
08-15-2011, 11:07 PM
It should be only one briefcase instead of two. The idea is watered down and losing its luster. I can honestly say that I like TNA's idea better. A match with different briefcases for different titles with one of them containing a pink slip. At least that wrestler will know they're being future endeavored.

When is the last time they had a feast or fired match, I also like theirs better.

Incubus_99
08-16-2011, 01:08 AM

Yea...and the 2nd time he cashed in his MITB he was face and turned heel...:D...i guess it all depends on who you cash it on...1st time he cashed in on Edge who was a major heel...the crowd loved it so he stayed face...and the 2nd time he cashed in on Jeff Hardy who was a major face...and the crowd turned on him so he turned heel...

HeelTurn
08-16-2011, 09:06 AM
The novelty is of course wearing off, its been done so many times, and unlike the 1st time its getting pretty predictable when they will cash in. Plus it didnt help Swagger out, after losing the belt he dropped all the way down the card.

Dr. Death
08-16-2011, 09:19 AM
It's because of stuff like this that they should have just 1 MITB match where the winner can cash in on either World/WWE Champion.

the-rocks-stunner
08-16-2011, 09:58 AM
i would cash it in on NXT it would make great tv -_-

HeelTurn
08-16-2011, 10:03 AM
It's because of stuff like this that they should have just 1 MITB match where the winner can cash in on either World/WWE Champion.

Yeah more unpredictable that way. Do the MITB match at Mania, then it seems bigger.

tittle97
08-16-2011, 10:07 AM

I agree totally.
The 2 MITB briefcases are becoming too predictable. Del Rio JUST won it, and he already cashed it in and won. There was no build up to him even having the case.

BlazersDozen
08-16-2011, 10:08 AM
I hated that they made it a gimmic PPV. It really could've been a tradition at WM & drew fans after Taker's retirement, but I guess they could always go back to that & call the current PPV something like Last Man Standing.

tittle97
08-16-2011, 10:11 AM
I hated that they made it a gimmic PPV. It really could've been a tradition at WM & drew fans after Taker's retirement, but I guess they could always go back to that & call the current PPV something like Last Man Standing.

They could EASILY replace MITB with a gimmick ppv.
MITB at Wrestlemania was awesome, and it set it up for the rest of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if they put it back to Wrestlemania, like you said, after Taker is done.

johnnydropkicks
08-16-2011, 12:19 PM
db might make something out of it.

Ruthless_Aggression
08-16-2011, 12:22 PM
but yeah, i agree. a MITB winner needs to lose at least once

And how do you think people are gonna take it if Daniel Bryan is that person?

The_Awesome_One
08-16-2011, 12:35 PM
They should do what they did woth Edge where he had the case for ages and wasnt making such a big deal about having it kinda laying low and going into other fueds nowhere near the world title E.G his fued with flair for the IC belt.

atlease I think that this is what I think happened since at the time I had only been watching wwe acouple of months, and didnt even know about the MITB

HCollins-TNA1
08-16-2011, 12:38 PM
In my opinion I think that MITB is specifically made for Heels. Think about it. MITB is never cashed in as a legit match its always cashed in when someone is battered and bruised and is not able to compete. Faces won't do that. They will cash in to have a title shot at a PPV and a legit Title shot. I believe that MITB is a broken idea that needs to be revamped. I think it should be changed to having the suitcase guarantees you a title shot at a selected pay per view ahead of time.

I know people have talked about this but I want to see what you guys think about this?

Don't know if it been mentioned... But several Faces have won MITB.. including RVD, and CM Punk.... Only one have went to challenge the champ the other cashed in after the champ been attacked..

johnnydropkicks
08-16-2011, 12:42 PM
I like how in the Cena Punk thing lately Cena and Punk have opposite opinions and fingers pointed at the opposite people.

Cena is pissed at the fact Del Rio cashed in.

Punk understand Del Rio and isn't mad at him but is mad at what he is suspicious of Triple H for.