PDA

View Full Version : Del rio talks about retiring.... already?

The_Awesome_One
08-15-2011, 05:52 PM
WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio was recently interviewed by Mexico news agency, Notimex. Here are some comments from Del Rio and I quote :

“I already decided. I want to retire in five years and will make a farewell tour but not as many who do 250 fights. Seek a dignified farewell to a fight in San Luis Potosi, my native land and in the Arena Mexico, my home.”

“I decided to go full power and thus having managed to be the best Mexican fighter in this difficult race. I’m tired because it takes great dedication and sacrifice but also left me enormous satisfaction.”

so here we go WWE has pushed someone hoping to get a long term return out of it but, This means he will be retiring at the age of 39, which IMO is abit young since he doesnt really do much if any high octane stuff so he could probably go twice as long but oh well.

thedominator92
08-15-2011, 05:54 PM
he was huge in mexico for like the past 10 years and had a career in mma. not everybody wants to be Hogan...

HeelTurn
08-15-2011, 05:56 PM
The guys has already had successful career, that being said winding down in the WWE is a pretty good way to retire.

thedominator92
08-15-2011, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thlOVFMISEI

being in the E beats this...

NightWolf
08-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Well 5 years is a long time away from now obviously. The WWE will have loads of time to wind down the momentum they gave him. However, having him as the WWE champion right now is a great business decision. The Mexican market would eat this up.

Y2J___Y2J
08-15-2011, 06:06 PM
39 is not an old age to retire ( it isn't if your HBK,HHH, Taker)
The guy has been around a long time. Maybe not in the WWE but in Mexico.
He's not the only guy that will retire before 40 anyway. Orton has said that he won't be a guy to stick around into his 40's.
If these guys feel the strain on their bodies then who's to say if they're too young to retire or not.
It is there own long term health that is at risk in the end

TheBeardOfZeus
08-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Wow, I never knew ADR fought Cro-Cop!

NightWolf
08-15-2011, 06:11 PM
39 is not an old age to retire ( it isn't if your HBK,HHH, Taker)
The guy has been around a long time. Maybe not in the WWE but in Mexico.
He's not the only guy that will retire before 40 anyway. Orton has said that he won't be a guy to stick around into his 40's.
If these guys feel the strain on their bodies then who's to say if they're too young to retire or not.
It is there own long term health that is at risk in the end

Edge is a perfect example. SOME wrestlers know when to call it a day in the business. They know better than to push their bodies until' they are crippled. 'Taker, Hogan, and so many others are walking around as living examples for all of these young guys.

thedominator92
08-15-2011, 06:11 PM

Define the word fight...

North Vegas Benny
08-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Define the word fight...

He fought his foot with his face.

maar13
08-15-2011, 06:19 PM

Yeah, really got F'KOED that night, but it was cool seeing him trying to fight out there, to his credit, Cro-Crop was very good before he landed into UFC, after that, he didn't flared so well.

He fought his foot with his face.

The foot cheated, his face wasn't ready to take a hit like that :P

thedominator92
08-15-2011, 06:24 PM
The foot cheated, his face wasn't ready to take a hit like that :P

Don't forget the left paw,push,leg kick combo...

clh2285
08-15-2011, 08:14 PM
he was huge in mexico for like the past 10 years and had a career in mma. not everybody wants to be Hogan...
what do you expect from someone with that banner....lol

tshizzy34
08-15-2011, 08:25 PM
I wish he woujld have already retired, annoying ass sob imo.

AreYaSerious
08-15-2011, 10:26 PM
He already made his destiny, he is wwe champ, but to be honest, He's been in the business for almost 20 years, down in Mexico, and I'm sure more then that, and in 5 years that would be 20) he don't want to be crippled he wants to enjoy his life.

WPack911
08-15-2011, 10:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thlOVFMISEI

being in the E beats this...

Cro-Cop quote: "Right leg hospital, left leg cemetery"

Seeing as ADR got the cemetery he is lucky to be alive to talk about retirement. :) I also had no idea that ADR fought Cro-Cop, he just gained more respect from me.

the wrestling shade
08-16-2011, 03:30 AM
Edge is a perfect example. SOME wrestlers know when to call it a day in the business. They know better than to push their bodies until' they are crippled. 'Taker, Hogan, and so many others are walking around as living examples for all of these young guys.
Hogan is a spotlight ego maniac and we all know it. And untill today he is still hopes to fight in a ring.
As for the Undertaker, well... He was never in a bad shape untill this last three years. so in my openion. if you still can go for it, then go for it!

the-rocks-stunner
08-16-2011, 10:12 AM
the $ will change his decision

tshizzy34
08-19-2011, 05:06 AM
the $ will change his decision

^^^^ Agreed, but not as if he needs it