PDA

View Full Version : WWE Summerslam 2011 Thoughts & Opinions

Poot-Hair
08-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Well I'm watching Summerslam and I can't help but wonder...why did Bryan just job to Wade Barrett? The 'E is trying to build DB up to "champion caliber" right? They gave him the MITB briefcase which pretty much guarantees him the belt. This was his first PPV test after winning the case so a win tonight was especially important. Your thoughts?

Bodom
08-14-2011, 08:57 PM
...job?

That match was outstanding. Barrett desperately needed a win after his forgettable IC title reign. Bryan still has MITB so I wouldn't sweat over it.

Losing a match isn't ALWAYS the end of the world.

Poot-Hair
08-14-2011, 09:02 PM
It is true that the match was outstanding but it seems to me that Bryan NEEDED the win tonight to help him get over. I just hope this isn't the beginning of burying him

Bodom
08-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Bryan had a great showing, but Barrett needed that win more than Bryan right now.

Barrett had a lot more to lose by losing. Pretty sure we haven't seen the end of Bryan-Barrett either.

capn-edu
08-14-2011, 09:08 PM
They both won :/

Poot-Hair
08-14-2011, 09:10 PM
This is just a weeeee bit off topic but how do you open a thread so everyone can see it under the "Latest Discussion" tab on the home page? I've tried and tried to figure it out but alas I think I'm too "computer dumb" to figure it out..

Bodom
08-14-2011, 09:13 PM
I think there's an algorithm that chooses which thread to put in that spot. Not sure how it chooses which threads though.

Poot-Hair
08-14-2011, 09:20 PM
I hope that this is in fact the beginning of a Bryan/Barrett feud. Wade is a beast and few have doubts that he is a future world champ, and DB can wrestle a freakin' toilet plunger and make the plunger look good in the process lol. I'm interested to see how this will work out, but I hope that they allow DB to keep the MITB case. He'd make an awesome champ

Bodom
08-14-2011, 09:21 PM
See! Stay positive!!!

VanHooliganX
08-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Thoughts of Summerslam people.

Excluding Punk vs. Cena and Sheamus vs. MH they picked the wrong winners completely. They were all great or good matches and a Summerslam to remember. Better than last year.

Also, welcome to the era of spanish announcers people ;D

thetheme
08-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Last year the jizz (miz) lost or didn't even wrestle at 5 straight PPV's and still cashed in. So losing one match doesn't mean anything as long as he has that briefcase.

Grind_Bastard
08-14-2011, 10:02 PM
I don't think DB jobbed. The match was awesome, in a different PPV we would be calling it a showstealer. Let's hope these two get a good feud from now on.

Mtt08 xXx
08-14-2011, 10:03 PM
i thought it was a great PPV. all of the matches were quality, including the divas which is a shocker. I did absolutely horrible in my predictions though. but it looks like we'll see some good feuds continuing and a fatal four way match for the WWE title at night of champions.

Punk has a rematch clause
Cena has a rematch clause
Del Rio is champion
Rey will get screwed or something tomorrow

VanHooliganX
08-14-2011, 10:07 PM
i thought it was a great PPV. all of the matches were quality, including the divas which is a shocker. I did absolutely horrible in my predictions though. but it looks like we'll see some good feuds continuing and a fatal four way match for the WWE title at night of champions.

Punk has a rematch clause
Cena has a rematch clause
Del Rio is champion
Rey will get screwed or something tomorrow

Night of Champions is looking interesting though :)

Its a good time to be a wrestling fan, unless you're not very high in the prediction contest like me, I need another capital punishment lol

Grind_Bastard
08-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Didn't catch it until the end of Sheamus/Henry, the ending was brutal. The Divas match was good, but I didn't like the ending. DB/Barrett was a great match IMO, a showstealer in a different PPV, but we had two bigger matches, the WHC was cool (loved Orton throwing stuff in the ring, but from tthe moment I saw the steps I knew the ending, which was even more brutal than Henry's) and another great Punk/Cena. I couldn't believe there wasn't a pedigree, no cashing, and then, BAM! from out of nowhere comes Nash and Del RÃ*o cashes.

Great PPV.

AOF666
This is just a weeeee bit off topic but how do you open a thread so everyone can see it under the "Latest Discussion" tab on the home page? I've tried and tried to figure it out but alas I think I'm too "computer dumb" to figure it out..

I'm with you!

Grind_Bastard
BTW neither Beth or Punk are champs. Conspiracy!

AOF666
08-14-2011, 10:11 PM

I know what you mean, I feel the same way.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
08-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Bryan has a whole year to build up with that MITB case. The longer you hold it the better, IMO. It's such a great gimmick and gets over everyone who wins it.

And as already said, Barrett needed that win. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bryan/Barrett for the title down the line.

clrj3514
08-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Just read the final results. How's Nash looking?

wrestlingfan66513
08-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Randy finally finished his feud with Christian, the announce table and the table's henchman.

Grind_Bastard
Randy finally finished his feud with Christian, the announce table and the table's henchman.

Yep, all tables broke this time!

RomanFlare
Just read the final results. How's Nash looking?

Nash looked good, actually. Dyed his hair black.

VanHooliganX
08-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Didn't catch it until the end of Sheamus/Henry, the ending was brutal. The Divas match was good, but I didn't like the ending. DB/Barrett was a great match IMO, a showstealer in a different PPV, but we had two bigger matches, the WHC was cool (loved Orton throwing stuff in the ring, but from tthe moment I saw the steps I knew the ending, which was even more brutal than Henry's) and another great Punk/Cena. I couldn't believe there wasn't a pedigree, no cashing, and then, BAM! from out of nowhere comes Nash and Del RÃ*o cashes.

Great PPV.

Really didn't expect that and the appearence of Edge saying what he said.

CMRyder
08-14-2011, 10:14 PM
This PPV sucked...mainly because...Punk is not champion and Orton already won the World Title match back. Ugh, the WWE will always be the same.

Grind_Bastard
08-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Really didn't expect that and the appearence of Edge saying what he said.

Yep, Edge at SummerSlam was no surprise, surprise came with his words.

K2Jelly
08-14-2011, 10:16 PM
I actually wanted Barrett to win. Here's why.

Daniel has been getting a mega push recently. What's wrong with that? Nothing, but the problem is he's WAY too invincible. I can't even recall the last time he's cleanly lost a match. If he plans on winning the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania, don't you think a couple of losses along the way would make the win at the "Grandest Stage of 'Em All" more meaningful. If he just coasted there on a ponyride with little opposition, it'd be almost impossible to be emotionally involved. Plus, he lost to Wade Barrett, someone who's pretty much a main eventer waiting in the wings so there should be no shame in him losing.

Kerrastone
The Main event was great but the ending was absolutely terrible. I am not going to underestimate though because as you said Cena, Punk and Rey have title opportunities. It will BLOW UP on RAW.

World B. Free
This years Summer Slam was classic! Seeing Edge in the ring again was cool. The shocker for me though was towards the end seeing Kevin Nash lay out CM Punk...? OMG :eek:

CMRyder
08-14-2011, 10:17 PM
...job?

That match was outstanding. Barrett desperately needed a win after his forgettable IC title reign. Bryan still has MITB so I wouldn't sweat over it.

Losing a match isn't ALWAYS the end of the world.

Whoa, Mr. Over-rate a match...slow down. and yeah it was stupid for Barrett to win. They need to be pushing Bryan, not Barrett, he's over rated as hell.

Rockstar83
08-14-2011, 10:17 PM
dont get me wrong Orton is one of my fav's I think he should of just waited to get the title back....this PPV was decent....i just dont want to see Rio Vs Mysterio like for 1,000,000,000,000 time!

Rockstar83
08-14-2011, 10:19 PM
i have a feeling that somebody is going to take his MITB case and cash it it for them selves....like Barrett

VanHooliganX
I can now see why he is in WWE '12!

Thought he'd be a legend role like Steve Austin but maybe hes on the raw roster :P

North Vegas Benny
This PPV sucked...mainly because...Punk is not champion and Orton already won the World Title match back. Ugh, the WWE will always be the same.

You can't hate because the people you wanted to win didn't win. The matches where fucking awesome, everyone stepped up tonight. All the matches I would rate from a B+ to an A.

The_Awesome_One
08-14-2011, 10:20 PM
How I would rate the PPV:

the tag team match: cant really say since I missed most of it due to my telly screwing up

Henry VS Sheamus: was actually better than I thought it would be, when henry jumped through the ropes I was like WTF, and the ending actually suited both Sheamus and Henry IMO, it showed Sheamus as a full on face the way h e wanted to get the pin win,and it showed henry was a dominant force by having him destroy baracade and win VIA count out, and this also leaves it open for a fued

C-lo concert: really didnt see the point at all

Beth VS Kelly Kelly: was another suprisingly good match.

Barrett VS Bryan: EPIC main event quality match

Christian VS Orton: was really into this match until Christian hit the killswitch, then it was just sheer destruction, really disapointed that they still havnt given Christian a decent reign. I mean come on he is now pretty much on par with Anderson in TNA, was nice to see orton and the spanish announce table finally put their differences aside though

Punk VS Cena: not really sure if I liked this or not, it was incredibly technichal if not a bit to technichal for my liking, and really took some time to get going at one point I'm sure I heard the crowd chant 'screw you arseholes' the ending of the match wasnt decisive at all,

then the actual ending WTF was that all about so know we potentially 5 meninvolved in the WWE title picture, Punk, Del Rio, Cena, Rey and Knash

Lamar8902
08-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Thoughts of Summerslam people.

Excluding Punk vs. Cena and Sheamus vs. MH they picked the wrong winners completely. They were all great or good matches and a Summerslam to remember. Better than last year.

Also, welcome to the era of spanish announcers people ;D

WWE sucked tonight why cause the ending that's why WWE looked like TNA Nash really WTF is he going to do have a 5 star match with Punk hahaha WWE trying to be TNA

AOF666
08-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Disappointed, How many more times will Christian get buried?

Ruthless_Aggression
08-14-2011, 10:28 PM
6 man tag: Great openner, the crowd got pumped for an overall pleasant evening. It did it's job, no complaints.

Sheamus vs Henry: Exceeded expectation, and didn't mind the finisher. It keeps presenting Henry as a credible heel while maintaining Sheamus's own credibility with the crowd.

Beth vs Kelly Kelly: Great match in Diva's standards. Didn't expect Kelly winning, but it just means their feud will continue.

Barrett vs Bryan: A bit disappointed with the finish, but otherwise, outstanding technical match. I just hope they will still push Bryan after this...

Christian vs Orton: Their best match imo, lots of great spots. I kinda hoped Christian would come out the victor though.

Punk vs Cena: Not as good as the MitB in a technical standpoint, but awesome in its own right. The crowd made it the match of the night and the unexpected finish was icing on the cake. I felt mixed about Triple H ignoring Cena's leg, but Nash returning and Del Rio capitalizing? It would take one hell of a cynic to knock that. But... this is the IWC...

I thought SS would suck with just 5 announced matches, but I was pleasantly surprised.

VanHooliganX
08-14-2011, 10:28 PM
WWE sucked tonight why cause the ending that's why WWE looked like TNA Nash really WTF is he going to do have a 5 star match with Punk hahaha WWE trying to be TNA

You really believe Vince Russo could of thought up anything better than what was witnessed?

I am very annoyed Christian hasn't had a good title run with the WHC but what a match!
Christian vs. Orton has been a great fued and I hope it doesn't stop for a while. I feel Christian should win this feud but when has Orton ever put anyone over :(

Anyway, apart from that major annoyance SS proved to match MITB and have a stronger opening and middle.

Unless you mean in the sense WWE have decided to use Wrestling Matters against TNA lol

SESAfro
08-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Am I the only one the sees a Henry vs. Orton match in the PPV after Night of Champions? The Sheamus/Henry fued could end in a "nobody wins" way and Orton beats Christian, sadly. But, it just makes a tad too much sense to me at the moment.

68wPayne
08-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Well if they let them feud until Daniel Bryan wins the title at WresleMania then congratulations Wade Barrett is a Main Eventer by default. This process involves pushing at least two Superstars for the price of 1. If you let Cody get a win over Bryan before he cashes in then you have Cody in the Main Event scene as well.

zrdt12
08-14-2011, 10:34 PM
I think he needs to lose before he can start building wins and momentum into WM. Maybe at a near PPV he will face Wade with the briefcase on the line and win.

Ruthless_Aggression
08-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Bryan had a great showing, but Barrett needed that win more than Bryan right now.

Barrett had a lot more to lose by losing. Pretty sure we haven't seen the end of Bryan-Barrett either.

You have a good point. At least the briefcase wasn't on the line.

CMRyder
08-14-2011, 10:35 PM
I think he needs to lose before he can start building wins and momentum into WM. Maybe at a near PPV he will face Wade with the briefcase on the line and win.

At this point wouldn't surprise me if they just give the case to fucking Barrett.

The New Guy
08-14-2011, 10:37 PM
It's funny how people complain about the little amount of wrestling in a ppv, but when you have one event that showcase awesome matches, they complain about the winners, cause they're favorite wrestlers lose.

If you want happy endings, watch disney

:)

rsf8405
08-14-2011, 10:37 PM

I Doubt that's the plan for bash.I think he's going to be used as a bodyguard for either Del Rio or stephanie. I don't think hell be wrestling much

Parrot_on_ROIDS
08-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Was that the first time del-rio has won a match by pinfall?

Solo517
08-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Hey why was the match started when Cm Punk wasn't even on his feet yet isn't that one of the rules when cashing the title shot the champ has to be up on his feet

68wPayne
08-14-2011, 10:41 PM
My prediction contest sucked, I maybe had 1 match right. The ending surprised me, which is good. Not disappointed with the event at all. Just not as thrilled as I was with MITB. The main match I had a problem with the ending was Beth and Kelly, just because I don't buy Kelly as a champion.

RagingBallsFTW
08-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Good PPV. The ending, like the last PPV, will have many tuning in on RAW tomorrow.

68wPayne
08-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Oh yeah, and Orton. Best match in Orton's career I would say but there was no reason to put the belt on him. Let Christian be champ longer and feud with a face Sheamus in a couple of months.

zrdt12
08-14-2011, 10:45 PM
No he actually won via 7 foot tall monster ambushing punk. What if Del Rio paid Nash off... he has the money, ya know?

Lamar8902
08-14-2011, 10:46 PM
You really believe Vince Russo could of thought up anything better than what was witnessed?

I am very annoyed Christian hasn't had a good title run with the WHC but what a match!
Christian vs. Orton has been a great fued and I hope it doesn't stop for a while. I feel Christian should win this feud but when has Orton ever put anyone over :(

Anyway, apart from that major annoyance SS proved to match MITB and have a stronger opening and middle.

Unless you mean in the sense WWE have decided to use Wrestling Matters against TNA lol

No not WWE using the wrestling matters gimmick but bringing old wrestlers to the main event that's what TNA does shove the young stars aside and even doe Del Rio is champion he's not going to be main eventing hell he won't even have the spotlight on him so sad but WWE is trying to be TNA competition matters

CMRyder
08-14-2011, 10:48 PM
No he actually won via 7 foot tall monster ambushing punk. What if Del Rio paid Nash off... he has the money, ya know?

Thats what I'm thinking. Nash will be Del Rio's body guard.

helmsley
08-14-2011, 10:50 PM
i dont think that is the first one but probably the third, i think del rio needs to add a finisher so he can win matches by pinfall

Mtt08 xXx
08-14-2011, 10:53 PM
i dont think that is the first one but probably the third, i think del rio needs to add a finisher so he can win matches by pinfall

yeah i agree. if hes going to be the WWE champ he needs a move to win by pinfall. same with Daniel Bryan

Mtt08 xXx
08-14-2011, 10:57 PM
At this point wouldn't surprise me if they just give the case to fucking Barrett.

every post youve made tonight has been pretty negative. at the least dont you just enjoy the good matches?

ANYWAY, i think it was good for DB to lose this match. it wasnt a job at all. i think this feud will continue now and im looking forward to it because these 2 put on a great match

AlexWorldOrder
08-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Hunter pulling a fuckin Hogan, bringing in his friends. What's next? Waltman? They couldn't use a young talent instead of Nash? That would instantly pushed any of the young guys. He'll, Mason Ryan, or even Wade would have been a bigger shocker and better finish. Reality worked shoot promos, veterans, random finishes, isn't that what TNA displays???

Bralon23
08-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Anybody using the 'WWE is using TNA storylines' argument is a fucking dumbass. I don't understand why you people can't just watch the WWE PPVs and enjoy what they're giving us, or not watch the WWE at all and enjoy the bullshit you're getting on Spike TV. Get the fuck out of here with your stupid bullshit. Tonight's ppv was very acceptable and unexpected. I was a little worried about only announcing a few matches for the ppv, but it turned out well. The ending was surprising and even though I expected Del Rio to cash it in, I didn't actually think it would happen after the Nash run in, so it still ended up being a shock. Nash was a total swerve though. After Punk did the 2nd rope springboard drop kick to the outside, I was expecting Jericho to be the one to come out.

Lamar8902
08-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Hunter pulling a fuckin Hogan, bringing in his friends. What's next? Waltman? They couldn't use a young talent instead of Nash? That would instantly pushed any of the young guys. He'll, Mason Ryan, or even Wade would have been a bigger shocker and better finish. Reality worked shoot promos, veterans, random finishes, isn't that what TNA displays???

Exactly my point I hate when people come in here and say TNA copyes WCW ECW or whatever but WWE copies TNA bring bullshit ending to a main event and it's ok?? U guys are fools

Lamar8902
08-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Anybody using the 'WWE is using TNA storylines' argument is a fucking dumbass. I don't understand why you people can't just watch the WWE PPVs and enjoy what they're giving us, or not watch the WWE at all and enjoy the bullshit you're getting on Spike TV. Get the fuck out of here with your stupid bullshit. Tonight's ppv was very acceptable and unexpected. I was a little worried about only announcing a few matches for the ppv, but it turned out well. The ending was surprising and even though I expected Del Rio to cash it in, I didn't actually think it would happen after the Nash run in, so it still ended up being a shock. Nash was a total swerve though. After Punk did the 2nd rope springboard drop kick to the outside,
I was expecting Jericho to be the one to come out.

Really dude u actually saying what WWE gave tonight was good ur fucking crazy because that's what's going on in TNA rite now with Hogan bringing his "friends" in to the company and taking the spotlight away from guys like Evan Bourne Kofi Kingston etc u my friend don't know shit about good wrestling u fuck off fruity pebbles

CMRyder
08-14-2011, 11:20 PM
every post youve made tonight has been pretty negative. at the least dont you just enjoy the good matches?

ANYWAY, i think it was good for DB to lose this match. it wasnt a job at all. i think this feud will continue now and im looking forward to it because these 2 put on a great match

I enjoyed the matches. Its just, i don't understand the outcomes. You're watching a good match then the wrong person wins, it sucks.

AlexWorldOrder
08-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Anybody using the 'WWE is using TNA storylines' argument is a fucking dumbass. I don't understand why you people can't just watch the WWE PPVs and enjoy what they're giving us, or not watch the WWE at all and enjoy the bullshit you're getting on Spike TV. Get the fuck out of here with your stupid bullshit. Tonight's ppv was very acceptable and unexpected. I was a little worried about only announcing a few matches for the ppv, but it turned out well. The ending was surprising and even though I expected Del Rio to cash it in, I didn't actually think it would happen after the Nash run in, so it still ended up being a shock. Nash was a total swerve though. After Punk did the 2nd rope springboard drop kick to the outside, I was expecting Jericho to be the one to come out.

Remove any objects from your rectum, before typing your thoughts. Opinions are boobs; take them for what they are.

Mtt08 xXx
08-14-2011, 11:24 PM
I enjoyed the matches. Its just, i don't understand the outcomes. You're watching a good match then the wrong person wins, it sucks.

well I agree but it's no reason to write off an entire ppv. and none of the matches tonight ended feuds. I'm pretty stoked for NOC.

sidebar- 100th post! haha

SESAfro
08-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Whoa. Guys, chill out. Ending not good, and we know it, there is no need to call each other names.

CMRyder
08-14-2011, 11:32 PM
well I agree but it's no reason to write off an entire ppv. and none of the matches tonight ended feuds. I'm pretty stoked for NOC.

sidebar- 100th post! haha

I'm stoked to see what happens for the WWE tittle, but not so much the world.

HCollins-TNA1
08-14-2011, 11:34 PM
I think it would be interesting to have Daniel Byran job out every PPV up to Wrestlemania 28 then win the big one as the Underdog....

Bralon23
08-14-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm not going to go back and forth with you guys with the name calling because it's pointless. In all honesty you guys are right. If TNA had brought in Nash and he did what he did, then I would be one of the first to ask what they were doing. The reason we don't do it with WWE is because TNA has no credibility. Any time you bring in a 50 year old man and let him win the title, why would I be excited about anything that you're going to do going forward in the future? Any time you start a stable and have the whole roster going in and out of it, failing to realize that it's not really putting anyone over, nor is it entertaining, why would I be excited? Any time you have the same 50 year old guy who you've brought back in to win the title start to portray, and a bad, unrealistic portrayal at that, or the Joker from Dark Knight, which is helping to ruin his own legacy and his own credibility as a future hall of fame wrestler, why would I be excited with anything that they're doing going forward? The answer to all these questions is that I wouldn't be excited, therefore admitting that you two are right about your 'if TNA did this...' argument. WWE has started to gain momentum back and I truly believe that they won't ruin this storyline, which is why I'm excited to see this happen.

LoGik
08-14-2011, 11:42 PM
i thought this ppv was good better than the stuff they were putting out a few months ago thats for sure..my personal favorite match was DB vs wade barett...the only thing that dissapointed me was orton getting the belt back again but overall it was a great ppv wrestling wise

tshizzy34
08-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Barrett did a great job in that match, and I think he got a well deserved and needed victory.

tshizzy34
08-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Cena vs Punk, Orton vs Christian, and Barrett vs Bryan were all quite good. The 3 0n 3 was ok and Sheamus should have beat Henry and Beth should have beat K2. Not to mention ADR sucks and now we have to hear him gloat even more so than before which sux.

North Vegas Benny
08-14-2011, 11:50 PM
Cena vs Punk, Orton vs Christian, and Barrett vs Bryan were all quite good. The 3 0n 3 was ok and Sheamus should have beat Henry and Beth should have beat K2. Not to mention ADR sucks and now we have to hear him gloat even more so than before which sux.

You should have knew that he would be champ sometime soon, no one has lost cashing in the MITB briefcase.

clh2285
08-14-2011, 11:52 PM
lol....you called my sig creepy ;)

anyway, good ppv
and
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/pastedgraphic1.jpg

broc808
08-14-2011, 11:54 PM

I have to disagree i think he will fit in well with this even if he doesnt have a great match with punk or cena it adds a twist that I think most people relly liked

tshizzy34
08-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Del Rio should have never won the damn title in the 1st place... So much for that push for CM Punk Ice Cream Bars :(

clh2285
08-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Whoa. Guys, chill out. Ending not good, and we know it, there is no need to call each other names.

why even try? lol

BiG-NeL
08-14-2011, 11:57 PM
lol @ ice cream bars

The New Guy
08-15-2011, 12:00 AM
WWE needs to build stars. If Barret would had lost tonight, he would had return to the bottom of the card.

Him winning allows the feud between him and DB continue and develop. They could feud 2 or 3 more ppvs until a clear winner is decided.

Of course there's always the people that didn't saw their favorite wrestlers win, and cannot think ahead, so they'll whine about how aweful WWE decided the winners of SummerSlam

:)

HCollins-TNA1
08-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Also will agree Barrett needed the win.... Maybe push him to feud with Orton now???? Maybe even a World Title run????

Lamar8902
08-15-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm not going to go back and forth with you guys with the name calling because it's pointless. In all honesty you guys are right. If TNA had brought in Nash and he did what he did, then I would be one of the first to ask what they were doing. The reason we don't do it with WWE is because TNA has no credibility. Any time you bring in a 50 year old man and let him win the title, why would I be excited about anything that you're going to do going forward in the future? Any time you start a stable and have the whole roster going in and out of it, failing to realize that it's not really putting anyone over, nor is it entertaining, why would I be excited? Any time you have the same 50 year old guy who you've brought back in to win the title start to portray, and a bad, unrealistic portrayal at that, or the Joker from Dark Knight, which is helping to ruin his own legacy and his own credibility as a future hall of fame wrestler, why would I be excited with anything that they're doing going forward? The answer to all these questions is that I wouldn't be excited, therefore admitting that you two are right about your 'if TNA did this...' argument. WWE has started to gain momentum back and I truly believe that they won't ruin this storyline, which is why I'm excited to see this happen.

WWE starting to gain momentum the only momentum they have is CM Punk trash talking HHH Cena and the WWE but that's it bringing Nash in and taking the belt from the guy who put the WWE on the map again is worthless and don't have any credibility so u my friend should think about what u write

tshizzy34
08-15-2011, 12:08 AM
You should have knew that he would be champ sometime soon, no one has lost cashing in the MITB briefcase.

Did i expect him to win? Yes unfortunately, but I was really hoping they would make him the 1st to cash in and lose. So much for thinking huh.

tshizzy34
08-15-2011, 12:10 AM
lol....you called my sig creepy ;)

anyway, good ppv
and
http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/pastedgraphic1.jpg

Yup and you might have 1 upped yourself with that one lol j/k but Prince's look in that sig is creepy.

tshizzy34
08-15-2011, 12:11 AM
lol @ ice cream bars

I know right have you ever tried one of those things? They are fricken delicious lol.

davieboytellem
08-15-2011, 12:12 AM
I just got home from attending Summerslam and it was the best live WWE event I ever went to...and I had horrible seats! The crowd was on fire the whole night..awesome matches. LA has a HUGE CM Punk fan base so it was awesome to hear Cena get booed :D Can't wait for next year's Summerslam :p

clh2285
08-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Yup and you might have 1 upped yourself with that one lol j/k but Prince's look in that sig is creepy.

that's Adam Jones :D!

BiG-NeL
08-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Hell yea i have lol . I use to collect the wwe cards that came inside

maar13
08-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Yes come on, like everyone said, Barret needed to win, also Bryan is over enough to help put people over once or twice. He really hasn't lost momentum and still has a long road to Wrestlemania so there is plenty of time for him to gain heat for that.

Anyway the match very good.

Also, like someone else said, I am really NOT looking forward to SS prediction contest, did great at MITB (3rd actually :) ) but tonight I think I am at the bottom of the pit, I think U only had the main event right and screwed all over the other matches.

tshizzy34
08-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Hell yea i have lol . I use to collect the wwe cards that came inside

lol now that's a true wwe fan lol. My buddy Mike actually still has some of those cards and as bad as this sounds he has a wrapper that one of those ice cream bars came in lol.

tshizzy34
08-15-2011, 01:29 AM
that's Adam Jones :D!

Who is Adam Jones?

Bob Lion54
08-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Who is Adam Jones?

A guy possibly more creepy than... whatever he calls himself these days, not that anyone cares anymore.

URATOOL
08-15-2011, 03:00 AM
Ray vs ADR on Raw, but Cena is now due a rematch for losing the title and so is Punk after losing the title!!

So Cena, Punk and ADR or Rey DRTT (Double Rematch Triple Threat) at the next PPV? Or Cena vs Punk for the number 1 contender against whoever wins out of ADR and Rey?

Confused.com!

WPack911
08-15-2011, 03:35 AM
I thought all the matches were solid to fantastic, nice of them to throw in that 3 on 3 tag match of the stars that should have been on the show.

Not to mad about the count out in the Sheamus/Henry match cause that feud has just started.

Kind of in your face to D. Bryan though losing cleanly to Wade Barrett after being Mr. MitB and all, did not see that coming and was pretty confused by why they would do that.

Disappointed that Beth did not win the Divas title, but now I bet they will give Nat a shot at it and maybe even give her a title run.

Orton/Christian was fantastic, but would have had much more impact if Christian won.

As for Cena/Punk what really can you say? I mean I thought that might cash in the MitB but not like that! It kind of puts me in a personal bind since I am a Big Kevin Nash fan and CM Punk is currently my favorite wrestler, but we will see what happens. I did not like how they completely destroyed punk on a lot of levels though, I mean first they have him "win" with Cena's foot on the rope, then he gets destroyed by a Jackknife powerbomb, then he get's KO'd by a nasty ADR kick to the head and loses the title. Talk about smashing a guy who is the hottest wrestler on the planet right now, and I know we would have never seen them do that to Cena which also pisses me off.

Anyway the PPV overall was very good IMO, and the ending definitely left me wanting answers even if it was WAY to harsh on Punk IMO. If I had to rate it I would say 8.0/10

MattElder
08-15-2011, 04:24 AM
Am i the only guy who was interested in the Jimmy Hart segment?

Hannibal
08-15-2011, 04:59 AM
I for one though the Pay-Per View was one of the best they've had this year. (MITB being the best)
It just feels like they kind of had Del Rio cash in way too soon.
It just seems like they might take it from him just as quick as he won it.
The guy's a great performer and has a crap ton of chrarisma; but it just feels like even with his cash-in he's not going to be champion for as long as most people would have liked him to be.

blackout version 1
08-15-2011, 05:05 AM
Its a big mistake giving the title to Del Rio ! CM Punk vs Cena should have been a longer fued imo

TheRockerGother
08-15-2011, 05:07 AM
I wanted Cena vs Punk up to Hell In A Cell would have been a perfect ending but I guess ADR gonna pay Nash who is known for being in love with money as his bodyguard and I see Rey vs Punk vs Cena vs ADR vs or Nash in it to in a Scramble match

RampantLion2010
08-15-2011, 05:21 AM
This angle is going nowhere fast. Bringing Nash in, since he wont be around too long, was a bad call. I feel that using another young talent (bring back Brodus Clay for God's sake!) would have been more proper. We all saw it coming anyway after Nash laid out Punk! Lame.....

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-15-2011, 05:28 AM
I thought Summerslam 2011 was a solid PPV. Every match was decent to great, especially the Randy Orton vs. Christian match. That was the match of the night for me. Also, loved the crowd. Anyways, one thing I credit the PPV for doing is opening up new windows and creating more questions to be answered in the upcoming weeks or even months. This gives us plenty of reasons to watch the shows weekly, which is something a lot of the wrestling promotions do not do anymore. Let's take a look at what we got.

-- Henry winning via count out over Sheamus must mean they will continue their feud. What will they do next?

-- Kelly Kelly got a lucky roll up pin on Beth Phoenix and I'm sure she can't be happy with that. How will she respond?

-- Daniel Bryan lost cleanly to Wade Barrett. Surely, this must impact him in someway shape or form and boost the confidence of Barrett. This isn't over yet. What will happen on Smackdown.

-- What was Kevin Nash's purpose of attacking CM Punk? Was he following orders or was it personal intention? If so, who is he working for?

-- Why was Stephanie McMahon at the PPV and what was she doing in John Cena's room?

-- Will John Cena or CM Punk get their rematch since both were clearly screwed out of their championship title reigns?

-- What will be the fall out to Alberto Del Rio's cash in and winning the title?

-- How will Rey fair in his match on RAW for the title? Can he win the big one in his hometown?

One of things that make a show great for me is that unpredictable factor where everything is up in the air and we don't know how things will turn out. It makes me want to watch a show more. With all these questions needed to be answered, I'll be sure to tune into the shows over the next few weeks. Your thoughts?

gravesismizfan
08-15-2011, 05:44 AM
Adr vs cena vs punk vs rey at next ppv callin it

Dr. Death
08-15-2011, 05:47 AM
The rumor is that WWE wanted ADR as Champion when they go to mexico in October I believe. By doing this now, the company has time to straighten out the #1 contender situation and enough time to start a decent feud for the Title. This could also lead to a Fatal 4 Way at Survivor Series for the Title or perhaps a Championship Scramble by putting The Miz and R-Truth in the middle of this as well.

K2Jelly
08-15-2011, 06:17 AM
I have a pretty good idea what Steph was doing in Cena's room. :P

All joking aside, I agree with you 100%.

I thought Summerslam 2011 was a solid PPV. Every match was decent to great, especially the Randy Orton vs. Christian match. That was the match of the night for me. Also, loved the crowd. Anyways, one thing I credit the PPV for doing is opening up new windows and creating more questions to be answered in the upcoming weeks or even months. This gives us plenty of reasons to watch the shows weekly, which is something a lot of the wrestling promotions do not do anymore. Let's take a look at what we got.

-- Henry winning via count out over Sheamus must mean they will continue their feud. What will they do next?

-- Kelly Kelly got a lucky roll up pin on Beth Phoenix and I'm sure she can't be happy with that. How will she respond?

-- Daniel Bryan lost cleanly to Wade Barrett. Surely, this must impact him in someway shape or form and boost the confidence of Barrett. This isn't over yet. What will happen on Smackdown.

-- What was Kevin Nash's purpose of attacking CM Punk? Was he following orders or was it personal intention? If so, who is he working for?

-- Why was Stephanie McMahon at the PPV and what was she doing in John Cena's room?

-- Will John Cena or CM Punk get their rematch since both were clearly screwed out of their championship title reigns?

-- What will be the fall out to Alberto Del Rio's cash in and winning the title?

-- How will Rey fair in his match on RAW for the title? Can he win the big one in his hometown?

One of things that make a show great for me is that unpredictable factor where everything is up in the air and we don't know how things will turn out. It makes me want to watch a show more. With all these questions needed to be answered, I'll be sure to tune into the shows over the next few weeks. Your thoughts?

The_Awesome_One
08-15-2011, 06:35 AM
I never thought I would say this before last night but I'm really pulling for Rey to win tonight.

and I guess at night of champions the WWE title willbe defended in a scramble match with Punk, Del Rio, Cena, Rey and Nash

North Vegas Benny
08-15-2011, 06:41 AM
I never thought I would say this before last night but I'm really pulling for Rey to win tonight.

and I guess at night of champions the WWE title willbe defended in a scramble match with Punk, Del Rio, Cena, Rey and Nash

I don't think Nash will be in the title picture, I have a feeling that he will be fueding with HHH.

Tomsta666
08-15-2011, 06:42 AM
Good PPV definately :p

Dr. Death
08-15-2011, 07:26 AM
It was a good PPV, I just wish that they would have added a couple more matches and cut back on the commercials. I really don't like to pay PPV prices and watch crummy commercials. The PPV actually opened up a whole bunch of potential as far as direction with story lines thou.

Adreme
08-15-2011, 07:28 AM
The thing with Kevin Nash is sort of obvious in that they are making HHH out to be a fake face. By that I mean his character is only pretending to be a good guy on camera but when it goes out he turn into an asshole or has other people do his dirty work for him so he can claim to be clean. Itll probably come out that he had the board fire Vince not the other way around and things such as that. On a related note it is good to see Steph back and filling in her old role as HHH's wife

Grind_Bastard
08-15-2011, 07:28 AM

It was hilarious!

The Awesome One
08-15-2011, 07:56 AM
This angle is going nowhere fast. Bringing Nash in, since he wont be around too long, was a bad call. I feel that using another young talent (bring back Brodus Clay for God's sake!) would have been more proper. We all saw it coming anyway after Nash laid out Punk! Lame.....

Ohhh no! Bringing back Brodus Clay would be a BIG mistake! I can't argue that he has potential but he doesn't fit into this feud and he certainly doesn't suit being ADR bodyguard

Necroyeti
08-15-2011, 07:57 AM
1. Kingston/Morrison/Mysterio vs. Del Rio/Truth/Miz - *** - A fun opener. I generally don't like WWE 6-man tag matches, but this was way more entertaining than the singles matches that was scheduled between some of those guys would have been. Good booking.
2. Sheamus vs. Mark Henry - **3/4 - A good "big man" match. Suppose people will hate it because there wasn't any flips or spins or kicks or whatever.
3. Divas Title: Beth Phoenix vs. Kelly Kelly (c) - **1/2 - A pleasant surprise. K2 is starting to win me over as a worker, definitely wasn't just Beth carrying her through the whole match.
4. Wade Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan - ***1/2 - Had some superb sequences. Marked out bigtime for Barrett doing the Nigel McGuinness top-rope lariat spot, I bet Bryan had planned out that one. To go on a tangent, I feel Barrett should adopt some sort of lariat finisher full-time, like perhaps a discus or northern variant. (although not the jawbreaker or clothesline from hell) He looks more like a "striker" type of dude, and his wasteland often looks a bit awkward. Anyway, yeah, solid match.
5. Randy Orton vs. Christian (c) - **** - Just great, and surprisingly brutal. I do feel the wrong man won, and they missed a golden opportunity for heel Christian to take a few levels in badass, but that doesn't take anything away from the rating.
6. CM Punk vs. John Cena - ****3/4 - Wrestling-wise, this was like the Joe vs. Punk II to MITB's Joe vs. Punk I if you ask me. Seemed much more fluid and had its own share of interesting sequences that weren't mere rehashes. Specifically marked out for the submission reversals and Hunter refusing to do a double countout. Fuck, I even liked the "foot on the rope" finish - sure, it would've been a perfect time to put Punk over Cena totally clean, but it adds a nice touch of drama to the whole debacle. If the crowd was Chicago-hot, this could've been the full five snowflakes.

AOF666
08-15-2011, 08:14 AM
According to the main page Nash might be Del Rio's body guard. Sounds like they needed Nash to draw heat for Del Rio since he can't do it himself. Side note Punk got a standing ovation last night after he got up.

AOF666
08-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Christian, Punk, Cena, and Mysterio

VanHooliganX
08-15-2011, 08:33 AM

Brill segment. R-Truth is a hilarous heel.:)

latinoheat928
08-15-2011, 08:44 AM
why do people keep complaining about Daniel Bryan losing or "jobbing"? Have you all forgotten that in 2008, CM Punk was Mr. Money in the Bank and he lost so many matches afterwards until he was drafted to RAW from ECW and beat Edge for the World Title.

Bodom
08-15-2011, 08:57 AM
why do people keep complaining about Daniel Bryan losing or "jobbing"? Have you all forgotten that in 2008, CM Punk was Mr. Money in the Bank and he lost so many matches afterwards until he was drafted to RAW from ECW and beat Edge for the World Title.

Because people always bitch when their internet darling loses a match.

Necroyeti
08-15-2011, 09:13 AM
I noticed it said somewhere on one of the front page articles that Joey Ryan and Johnny Goodtime (PWG and NWA Hollywood wrestlers) were in attendance near the front row. I totally didn't notice them, did any of you? Were they by any chance near the barricade Sheamus crashed through or something?

(Not that I think they'll be signed by WWE anytime in the near future or anything; I'd imagine at least Joey Ryan is an IRL buddy of CM Punk though)

Synned
08-15-2011, 09:41 AM
My Thoughts:
Opening Match
Rey,Morrison,Kofi VS R-Truth,Del Rio,Miz

It Seemed Rey was limping abit when he came out,and he wasn't a major factor in the match till the end. Kofi and Morrison did most of the work. i think its to keep Rey Well Rested for tonight. but over all ** 1/2

Shamus VS Mark Henry
I Expected this match to be better then it was. then again it IS mark Henry. the ending sucked. a count out REALLY? really? REALLY? i hope this sets up a no holds barred match at the next ppv. * 1/2

Kelly Kelly (c) VS Beth
Huge disapointment. even for a diva match. 1/2

Danial Bryan VS Wade Barret
I agree with what Cole(or was it Jerry who said it) it was a 50/50 match up. I Hope by this loss Danial realize's he needs to up his game MORE if he wants to beat the WHC at WM. ** 1/2

Chrsitian(c) VS Randy Orton

Ok i will not lie here. i marked out when Edge showed up. Marked out MORE after Edge's lil speech. now as a fan of both guys here enjoyed htis match. it had its moments. one of the better matchs i seen in a while ***1/2

CM Punk (c) VS Cena(c)

LOVED this match,hated all the headlocks by cena. But loved how cena sotra got screwed. *** 3/4

CM Punk (c) vs Del Rio
"wait...wtf why did nash jackknife punk?" was the question on every ones mind last night,then Del Rio's muisc hit. del rio wins.. *
i would of loved this angle more if it was Cena getting the jack knife and not punk. but oh well.

overall i give Summerslam a ***3/4 stars.

hopefully this sets up a lot of good matchs in the comming ppv

xAzureSkye
08-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Kelly Kelly (c) VS Beth

lol u serious?

spidercentz
08-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Despite the fact that Daniel Bryan bores me to death I did think he should have won. But this could just be the beginning of a longer feud.

maar13
08-15-2011, 11:05 AM
I have a pretty good idea what Steph was doing in Cena's room. :P

All joking aside, I agree with you 100%.

Continuing the joke: So, do you think her hand has been there too? :P

maar13
08-15-2011, 11:12 AM
My Thoughts:

Kelly Kelly (c) VS Beth

Seriously? That was like the best match Kelly has had like...ever.

I mean from all the crap from Kelly Vs The Bellas it was a good match.

clh2285
08-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Who is Adam Jones?

He is the Guitarist for the band Tool, whom preformed at the top of the show.

clh2285
08-15-2011, 11:17 AM
A guy possibly more creepy than... whatever he calls himself these days, not that anyone cares anymore.

I did not need to read this to know most wrestling fans have insanely terrible taste in music. But at least you somewhat know who they are ;)

Necroyeti
08-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Yeah, Adam Jones on WWE programming was a surreal moment for me.... mostly because I assumed Tool hadn't been socially relevant since at least 2002.

Synned
08-15-2011, 12:05 PM
lol u serious?

Seriously? That was like the best match Kelly has had like...ever.

I mean from all the crap from Kelly Vs The Bellas it was a good match.

yes. i'm sorry,but the diva's just flat out suck. Diva's should be more realistic looking like lita was. Not some model turned wrestler. eye candy should be seen ringside,not in the ring. i felt this way back in the attuide era. i still feel this way. If you don't like it. well to each there own.

Enforcer23
08-15-2011, 12:12 PM
yes. i'm sorry,but the diva's just flat out suck. Diva's should be more realistic looking like lita was. Not some model turned wrestler. eye candy should be seen ringside,not in the ring. i felt this way back in the attuide era. i still feel this way. If you don't like it. well to each there own.

yeah i agree

clh2285
08-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Yeah, Adam Jones on WWE programming was a surreal moment for me.... mostly because I assumed Tool hadn't been socially relevant since at least 2002.

I knew I liked you for some reason....

SESAfro
08-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Kelly did step up but Beth just didn't do it for me. Usually it's Beth doing most of the work or it being nearly 50/50 the entire match. I think that's why it sucked. Or the fact K2 wasn't squashed.

Synned
08-15-2011, 01:24 PM
yeah i agree
i'm glad that im not the only one who feels the same way about hte divas

Kelly did step up but Beth just didn't do it for me. Usually it's Beth doing most of the work or it being nearly 50/50 the entire match. I think that's why it sucked. Or the fact K2 wasn't squashed.
i half heartly agree,beth should of squashed kelly Squared or at least beat her down after the match. but like i said. no more models turn diva's..for the love of god.

Sully
08-15-2011, 06:40 PM
For the first time in awhile, I marked the fuck out. I didn't expect any of that, and after Nash came out, I was already so stunned, I had forgotten all about Del Rio, which made me mark out even more!

Great show. I for one, cannot wait for Raw tonight.

maar13
08-15-2011, 06:41 PM

I kind of agree with one of your points there but then what do you thing of Trish, who was model then Diva and some calls her one of the best there was? (Not me, I liked Lita waaaaaaaaaay better than anyone else).

I mean that could be the case of Kelly....well no, but after last night and working with the right people like Beth and Natalya can change it around, just keep her away from her kind and she can improve.

i half heartly agree,beth should of squashed kelly Squared or at least beat her down after the match. but like i said. no more models turn diva's..for the love of god.

I was hoping that too but it might still happen like when Beth lost to Candice Michelle, then killled her.

NightWolf
08-15-2011, 06:45 PM
I kind of agree with one of your points there but then what do you thing of Trish, who was model then Diva and some calls her one of the best there was? (Not me, I liked Lita waaaaaaaaaay better than anyone else).

I mean that could be the case of Kelly....well no, but after last night and working with the right people like Beth and Natalya can change it around, just keep her away from her kind and she can improve.

I was hoping that too but it might still happen like when Beth lost to Candice Michelle, then killled her.

I think it all boils down to giving the Diva's more time in the ring. Like you had said Kelly Kelly is getting a load of experience from working with women like Natalya an Beth Phoenix who have practically perfected their own crafts within the ring. I say in about two or three years from now Kelly Kelly will be in the same league as Torrie Wilson, Stacey Keibler, Candace Michelle, and Trish Stratus.

HeelTurn
08-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Overall a great PPV. Best match, Christian/Orton. The divas match was actually pretty good, probably the best PPV divas match since the tag tables match last year.

jethro
08-18-2011, 08:32 AM
6 men tag match was ok for me,Rey and Alberto only showcase their stuff last probably to set up their encounter Raw next day.

I skip the divas match

Sheamus vs Henry surprisingly good,ouch moment when Henry slam Sheamus back at the ring post and then to the barricade...too bad I can tell the people who sit at barricade section are wrestlers or paid actors.

D Bryan vs Barrett was a good match too,but i hate the commentators

Orton vs Christian was nothing but goodness,better than their MITB and Capitol Punishment but i really want Christian to retain.I'm not sure if Orton having bad luck because he busted his mouth,elbow and thumb but both wrestlers utilize No holds barred very well.

Punk vs Cena was also good,theres no moment of Cena get beat up and hulk up later formula,it was back and forth action...i'm being nitpick here but I dont like the ending.

Overall I enjoy watch this ppv.