PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Please before anyone posts NO SPOILERS FOR MASS EFFECT 3 OF ANY KIND both me and Bodom will be pissed.

Has anyone actually purchased any of the Mass Effect figures and does anyone have a Jack or Miranda?

Bodom
08-12-2011, 06:32 PM
I didn't even know they had Mass Effect figures.

I want

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 06:36 PM
I didn't even know they had Mass Effect figures.

I want

BEWARE some look like shit and they are expensive i only want my 2 favs and Tali but she was brought by the fan boys,

Did you get some Lithographs from the Bioware website Bodom?

Bodom
08-12-2011, 06:37 PM
I was unaware of these lithographs as well

WHAT ELSE HAS BIOWARE BEEN HIDING FROM ME

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 06:43 PM
I was unaware of these lithographs as well

WHAT ELSE HAS BIOWARE BEEN HIDING FROM ME

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/13706608/Mass-Effect-2-6-75-Inch-Thane-Krios-Action-Figure/Product.html?searchstring=mass+effect&searchtype=GADG&searchsource=2&searchfilters=s%7bmass+effect%7d%2bc%7b439%7d%2b&urlrefer=search

Yeah i had a set of 5 imported from the Bioware store for like $40 but they are now like $400 each on Ebay now

VanHooliganX
08-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I was thinking about getting a Wrex 1, he's awesome :)

Or maybe Tali but the BioWare forums love Tali.. I mean LOVE Tali. In the creepy way and it scares me a little.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 07:40 PM

Or maybe Tali but the BioWare forums love Tali.. I mean LOVE Tali. In the creepy way and it scares me a little.

Tali has a massive fan base but again click on the link provide the figures are meant to look really cheap

Bodom
08-12-2011, 07:40 PM

How can anyone not love Tali? She's a sweetheart.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 07:42 PM
How can anyone not love Tali? She's a sweetheart.

Dude when i first had a bad ending on Mass Effect 2 her death effected me the most and im not that big on her i guess she feels like someone you want to protect

Tommy Thunder
08-12-2011, 07:52 PM
I love Kasumi from ME2. I was disappointed that you couldn't pursue a relationship with her. I'm hoping for improvements there in ME3!!

Bodom
08-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Dude when i first had a bad ending on Mass Effect 2 her death effected me the most and im not that big on her i guess she feels like someone you want to protect

I'd cry if Tali ever died in any of my playthroughs.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 07:53 PM
I love Kasumi from ME2. I was disappointed that you couldn't pursue a relationship with her. I'm hoping for improvements there in ME3!!

Shes DLC dude what did you expect also NO talk on ME3

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 09:12 PM

I don't think she is in ME3.

Anything I think might be a spoiler I will ghostwhite it so you don't have to see it if you don't want to.

Bodom
08-12-2011, 09:15 PM
It's already common knowledge that any character who died in your ME2 won't be in ME3. So that pretty much answers any questions on who will be in ME3. Who you'll be able to recruit is still unknown.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 09:17 PM
It's already common knowledge that any character who died in your ME2 won't be in ME3. So that pretty much answers any questions on who will be in ME3. Who you'll be able to recruit is still unknown.

Wait you mean....

Oh wait no every one survives when i play (apart from Jacob)

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I'd cry if Tali ever died in any of my playthroughs.

The first time i saw it. I was like ........... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i couldnt believe it i know alot of guys hate her but if anyone survives the series i hope its her (and Jack but we all know nothing can kill Jack)

Bodom
08-12-2011, 09:20 PM
The first time i saw it. I was like ........... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i couldnt believe it i know alot of guys hate her but if anyone survives the series i hope its her (and Jack but we all know nothing can kill Jack)

I have a feeling nobody is safe in ME3.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 09:26 PM
I have a feeling nobody is safe in ME3.

I dunno i think Joker is.

And Liara if she dies there will be a riot. Especially after the DLC for Mass Effect 2 she is kinda vital.

Plus they have to keep some safe because Mass Effect 4. Although i can see all minor characters dying and endings where Shep lives or dies.

As long as ME3 has Jack, Miranda, Garrus, Zaeed ill be happy

Bodom
08-12-2011, 09:29 PM
I dunno i think Joker is.

And Liara if she dies there will be a riot. Especially after the DLC for Mass Effect 2 she is kinda vital.

Plus they have to keep some safe because Mass Effect 4. Although i can see all minor characters dying and endings where Shep lives or dies.

As long as ME3 has Jack, Miranda, Garrus, Zaeed ill be happy

IT really depends on who you'll be able to team with, which from what I've heard, won't be as many as ME2.

And Joker is probably the only character who's safe.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 09:32 PM
IT really depends on who you'll be able to team with, which from what I've heard, won't be as many as ME2.

And Joker is probably the only character who's safe.

Yep good old Seth Green

It will be interesting too see who is in your party but i guess depends how many survived ME2.

I know of one person coming back thats all i wont spoil for you.

One thing that may interest you Jack Wall the guy who composed the soundtrack(my personnel fav both one and two are amazing) was fired from Bioware so the music might not be as good

Bodom
08-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Yep good old Seth Green

It will be interesting too see who is in your party but i guess depends how many survived ME2.

I know of one person coming back thats all i wont spoil for you.

One thing that may interest you Jack Wall the guy who composed the soundtrack(my personnel fav both one and two are amazing) was fired from Bioware so the music might not be as good

Fuck.

The music was one of the best parts :mad:

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Fuck.

Yep the suicide mission piece got my adrenaline going big time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdhJmOmLKRA&feature=fvst

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 09:39 PM

I meant as a recruit. BioWare stated that there won't be as many recruits in this game..

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 09:41 PM
I meant as a recruit. BioWare stated that there won't be as many recruits in this game..

No idea as i said it will depend who has survived on how big your party will be.

Same with the relationship thing

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 09:52 PM
No idea as i said it will depend who has survived on how big your party will be.

Same with the relationship thing

Major spoiler don't read if you don't want to.

-The squad members are Kaidan, Tali, Garrus, James Vega, Liara and Ashley Williams. The returning important Characters are Anderson, EDI, Jack, Thane, Miranda, Legion, The Illusive Man, Zaeed, Joker, Mordin, Jacob, Udina, Conrad Verner and Wrex.-

Bodom
08-12-2011, 09:54 PM
LOL at that second to last one.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 09:56 PM

Its true they said at the last one if you have had sex with any of the party members you wont be able to start a romance with any other character then that one person

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Fuck.

The new music composer also did Requiem for a Dream and The Fountain.

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 09:59 PM

At Verner?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 10:00 PM
The new music composer also did Requiem for a Dream and The Fountain.

Well the fountain was a piece of shit

But no matter how good they are can anyone replace Jack Wall? i mean the first ones music was epic and ME2's blew that outta the water it was perfect

Bodom
08-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Its true they said at the last one if you have had sex with any of the party members you wont be able to start a romance with any other character then that one person

Wait what? That's stupid.

At Verner?

So much for preventing spoilers eh?

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 10:04 PM

Just that one, I don't think he is an important character for the series I was a dick to him in the first one and the second one. He died in my ME2 play through anyway.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Wait what? That's stupid.

Yeah and no it was announced like 2 minutes after ME2 was released and i still dont know whos is in the party

So lets say your F Shep slept with Liara in the first one and Thane in the second she wont be able to romance in ME3

But is she didnt sleep with any she could romance anyone and if she slept with one of them it would depend who survived.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Just that one, I don't think he is an important character for the series I was a dick to him in the first one and the second one. He died in my ME2 play through anyway.

Wait who the fuck is Verner?

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Wait who the fuck is Verner?

Conrad Verner, used in the ME1 quest the Fan. He was an ancillary character at best.

Bodom
08-12-2011, 10:12 PM

How do you kill Conrad? I thought you can only shoot him in the foot?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Conrad Verner, used in the ME1 quest the Fan. He was an ancillary character at best.

What a waste bringing him back

Found the Jack figure i aint buying it now

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4039/jack1.png

I still think the Illsuive Man is being controlled by the reapers

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 10:15 PM

Ive never seen him in ME2 to be honest

Bodom
08-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Ive never seen him in ME2 to be honest

He's in ME1. He's that dude on the citadel who ask's for your autograph. If you do the full mini-quest with him (basically just talk to him a bunch), he appears in ME2 on Illium

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 10:19 PM

If you pay attention to the news reports about 10 minutes after you do that it says he tried to jump on the back of a bus, fell off and was hit by several cars on the way down, before falling into a power turbine. I laughed for 5 minutes straight.

Bodom
08-12-2011, 10:20 PM
If you pay attention to the news reports about 10 minutes after you do that it says he tried to jump on the back of a bus, fell off and was hit by several cars on the way down, before falling into a power turbine. I laughed for 5 minutes straight.

That's f'n awesome.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 10:27 PM
He's in ME1. He's that dude on the citadel who ask's for your autograph. If you do the full mini-quest with him (basically just talk to him a bunch), he appears in ME2 on Illium

Ive honestly never met him and ive played through Mass Effect 1 and 2 over a dozen times. I guess its because i always told him to piss off and get a life

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 10:30 PM
That's f'n awesome.

Even worse the Turbine was for a sewage water treatment plant.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Even worse the Turbine was for a sewage water treatment plant.

you have to love the mass effect news terminals i loved the Shakespeare plays by those aliens that dont display emotion cant remeber what they are called

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 10:40 PM
you have to love the mass effect news terminals i loved the Shakespeare plays by those aliens that dont display emotion cant remeber what they are called

Elcor, they communicate through pheromones and have to say their emotions to other species.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Elcor, they communicate through pheromones and have to say their emotions to other species.

Yep they are Awesome if Tracia Helfer wasnt EDI id want on of them to be the AI

Bodom
08-12-2011, 10:55 PM

Fuck the Elcor.

HK-47 was talking like an Elcor before there were even Elcor.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Fuck the Elcor.

HK-47 was talking like an Elcor before there were even Elcor.

But HK-47 would just kill everyone and everything

Its a shame that they fucked up KOTR 2 so badly that you never got to here his story like it was planned to :*(

Bodom
08-12-2011, 11:00 PM
But HK-47 would just kill everyone and everything

Its a shame that they fucked up KOTR 2 so badly that you never got to here his story like it was planned to :*(

I actually like KOTOR 2.

I'm still furious that they turned KOTOR 3 into a fucking MMORPG.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 11:04 PM
I actually like KOTOR 2.

I'm still furious that they turned KOTOR 3 into a fucking MMORPG.

Me too but still it was unfinished and was nothing compared to KOTOR

Yeah but when you have a gem like Mass Effect going with no restrictions on how to use it you best run with it.

Think about all the legal crap they would have to go through now where as Mass Effect they can do whatever the fuck they want

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 11:08 PM
I just going to go ahead and say the Posterwhore of the year canidates are Bodom and Eve's Arse.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I just going to go ahead and say the Posterwhore of the year canidates are Bodom and Eve's Arse.

Hey Mass Effect deserves atleast a 1000 posts per member beats the hell at talking about which game iss going to be better GOW3, COD i lost count or Battlefield something

Mass Effect 3 should become game of the year next year

Bodom
08-12-2011, 11:20 PM
It's hard to believe that we never had a thread for Mass Effect till now

Eve's Arse No.1
08-13-2011, 08:41 AM
It's hard to believe that we never had a thread for Mass Effect till now

yep but alot people havent played it

Tomsta666
08-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Never played any of them. But then again, i'm a unique kind of nerd, in that I think i'm allergic to RPGs of all kind.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Never played any of them. But then again, i'm a unique kind of nerd, in that I think i'm allergic to RPGs of all kind.

Its more of a third person shooter with a major plot you can pick up number 2 for about £5 its an excellent Scifi Shooter on either 360 or ps3

Tomsta666
08-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Its more of a third person shooter with a major plot you can pick up number 2 for about £5 its an excellent Scifi Shooter on either 360 or ps3

It's definately on my "to play" list.
But that is a pretty long list :p

Eve's Arse No.1
08-13-2011, 09:37 AM
It's definately on my "to play" list.
But that is a pretty long list :p

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mass-Effect-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001RIYMIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313246109&sr=8-1

there you go buy it now and wait for other games to go down in price. Im on my what 14th play through but i dont buy alot of games i play the demo and if dont like it then i dont get it

i think there is even a demo of mass effect on psn

you can also catch up with the storyline on youtube with Mass Effect in ten minutes

RomanFlare
08-13-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm a little hesitant to play this game. It's one of those that looks okay, but gets so much hype at being good that it looks like it'll disappoint me.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-13-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm a little hesitant to play this game. It's one of those that looks okay, but gets so much hype at being good that it looks like it'll disappoint me.

Number 2 is masturbation worthy.

If you like games with a great plot where anything can happen and with a great cast you have to buy it.

It will take around 35 hours to complete though

HeelTurn
08-13-2011, 02:39 PM
A Mass effect thread at last lol Ive seen the figures in a shop called Forbidden Planet, they only have Thane and Grunt.

Bodom
08-13-2011, 02:41 PM

You owe it yourself to at least try it.

zapphoman
08-14-2011, 01:57 AM
There was a...Mass...Effect...Thread... AND NOBODY TOLD ME!!! jk guys But I am a gigantic ME fan. I can't wait for the third one but out of respect for Bodom and Eves Arse I won't talk about it. I have seen some figures for it and who can't love Tali. Here in about three weeks I should be getting a new Xbox and I am going to play the crap out of ME2. I still haven't played Arrival yet.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-14-2011, 05:56 AM
There was a...Mass...Effect...Thread... AND NOBODY TOLD ME!!! jk guys But I am a gigantic ME fan. I can't wait for the third one but out of respect for Bodom and Eves Arse I won't talk about it. I have seen some figures for it and who can't love Tali. Here in about three weeks I should be getting a new Xbox and I am going to play the crap out of ME2. I still haven't played Arrival yet.

Neither have i yet i know you play as Shepard solo so its meant to be difficult with no team members helping.

Do me a favour let me know if its any good im broke at the mo but if its great then hey im going to have to buy it :)

OH and thank you yes no spoilers of any kind for ME3

HeelTurn
08-14-2011, 06:19 AM
Neither have i yet i know you play as Shepard solo so its meant to be difficult with no team members helping.

Do me a favour let me know if its any good im broke at the mo but if its great then hey im going to have to buy it :)

OH and thank you yes no spoilers of any kind for ME3

I got it, it not as good as the Shadow Broker DLC, and it doesnt progress the story as much as I had hoped, but it does get you more hyped for ME3.

zapphoman
08-14-2011, 10:00 AM
I got it, it not as good as the Shadow Broker DLC, and it doesnt progress the story as much as I had hoped, but it does get you more hyped for ME3.

Yeah that's what I hear. Then again, Shadow Broker was an awfully high rank to have to reach. It was awesome getting to go through a mission with Liara again.

HeelTurn
08-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Yeah that's what I hear. Then again, Shadow Broker was an awfully high rank to have to reach. It was awesome getting to go through a mission with Liara again.

Yeah I wish you could have her in your team after though.

Tommy Thunder
08-14-2011, 10:05 AM

I was feeling the same way, but this game is definitely as good as the hype!!
I just hope they hurry up and release ME1 on the PS3!!

Eve's Arse No.1
08-14-2011, 10:19 AM
I was feeling the same way, but this game is definitely as good as the hype!!
I just hope they hurry up and release ME1 on the PS3!!

They wont just watch Mass Effect in ten minutes on youtube and buy ME2 for PS3.

On the PS3 version you just play through an interactive comic were you just make the choices as to what happened in the previous game.

For Example

Did You Kill the Rachni Queen or Spare her

Tommy Thunder
08-14-2011, 10:33 AM
They wont just watch Mass Effect in ten minutes on youtube and buy ME2 for PS3.

On the PS3 version you just play through an interactive comic were you just make the choices as to what happened in the previous game.

For Example

Did You Kill the Rachni Queen or Spare her

I played ME1 and 2 on my mate's XBox during last year, but I want to buy them for myself on my PS3. I hope someday ME1 will be released on the PS.

HeelTurn
08-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Whatever happened to the 1st being released on the PS3, I heard that a while back but it never happened and they did that interactive comic instead.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-14-2011, 10:35 AM
I played ME1 and 2 on my mate's XBox during last year, but I want to buy them for myself on my PS3. I hope someday ME1 will be released on the PS.

I wouldnt hold my breathe if i were you cant see it happening

Eve's Arse No.1
08-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Whatever happened to the 1st being released on the PS3, I heard that a while back but it never happened and they did that interactive comic instead.

Bioware is a busy company

They are always pushed to make a deadline and it would take team memembers away from working on Mass Effect 3 if you had people working on a port of Mass Effect for the PS3

TheMadThinker
08-15-2011, 11:36 AM
OK, I have read through this entire thread and can tell a few of you folks are Mass Effect light weights. If you have not played through both games at least 3 times as a paragon and renegade you are really just missing out on some of the finer things in life. I have been replaying ME nonstop for the past year and a half now and am still finding new things. Granted it is becoming kind of a religion for me now, but I digress.

Since nobody has played ME3 yet except for the awesome people at Bioware I do not consider there are spoilers yet. You may not want to read the next line if you are fragile to post game release rumors.

One little nugget that is relevant to this thread is that if you romanced a different person in ME1 than in ME2 there will be a love triangle for you affection in ME3.

With all due respect to wrestling this is the best thread on the site.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-15-2011, 12:42 PM
OK, I have read through this entire thread and can tell a few of you folks are Mass Effect light weights. If you have not played through both games at least 3 times as a paragon and renegade you are really just missing out on some of the finer things in life. I have been replaying ME nonstop for the past year and a half now and am still finding new things. Granted it is becoming kind of a religion for me now, but I digress.

Since nobody has played ME3 yet except for the awesome people at Bioware I do not consider there are spoilers yet. You may not want to read the next line if you are fragile to post game release rumors.

One little nugget that is relevant to this thread is that if you romanced a different person in ME1 than in ME2 there will be a love triangle for you affection in ME3.

With all due respect to wrestling this is the best thread on the site.

Then you havent read through the thread that was already discussed about four pages in :(

Thanks for saying we are all lighweights by the way a dedicated fan like myself is chuffed to bits

HeelTurn
08-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Lightweight you say ha not me sir. lol yeah Ive finished them both several times, the 1st more than the 2nd, I actually preferred it. Also 1200g for ME1 and near that for ME2.

Bodom
08-15-2011, 05:37 PM
I can't wait to omni-blade people in the face.

HeelTurn
08-15-2011, 05:40 PM
As a big ME nerd I will be purchasing the overpriced novelty special edition.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-15-2011, 05:41 PM
I can't wait to omni-blade people in the face.

Why wait???

http://cgi.ebay.com/SDCC-2011-Comic-Con-Mass-Effect-3-Omni-Blade-/130560918217?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e660982c9

Bodom
08-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Overpriced my ass. Worth every godamn penny.

HeelTurn
08-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Has anyone read the books yet?

Bodom
08-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Nope. Are they worth reading?

HeelTurn
08-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Nope. Are they worth reading?

Don't know thats why Im asking :p

Eve's Arse No.1
08-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Has anyone read the books yet?

Read the first one own the other 2 and YES Saren is an amazing character.

BTW Bodom when you take control of a thread you should start saying Assuming Control

Bodom
08-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Read the first one own the other 2 and YES Saren is an amazing character.

BTW Bodom when you take control of a thread you should start saying Assuming Control

*Assuming Direct Control

That's an awesome idea too. I'll post a picture of Harbinger too.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-17-2011, 03:19 PM
*Assuming Direct Control

That's an awesome idea too. I'll post a picture of Harbinger too.

Yeah i just thought of it Bodom is a Reaper

Bodom
08-17-2011, 03:25 PM
BTW any of you guys catch the new gameplay trailer? I think I wet myself.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-17-2011, 03:28 PM
BTW any of you guys catch the new gameplay trailer? I think I wet myself.

Nope i dont want any spoilers of any kind not gameplay or storyline :) ive gone nearly a year without any gaming news its kinda getting to me but i want to enjoy the entire Mass Effect 3 experience and watch the conclusion to Commander Shepard.

Bodom
08-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Nope i dont want any spoilers of any kind not gameplay or storyline :) ive gone nearly a year without any gaming news its kinda getting to me but i want to enjoy the entire Mass Effect 3 experience and watch the conclusion to Commander Shepard.

I get not wanting the story spoiled but gameplay? That's hardcore.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Still my fav trailer of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuhFCrK7mew&playnext=1&list=PL50DDDB264CF7E2B8

Eve's Arse No.1
08-17-2011, 03:32 PM
I get not wanting the story spoiled but gameplay? That's hardcore.

Im a Hardcore kinda guy :)

IrkenInvader
08-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Come on guys vote now. Round 2 of choosing FemShep, first round was hairstyle now its hair colo(u)r (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112376-BioWare-Pits-Blonde-Against-Brunette-in-New-FemShep-Poll). Come on guys this matters. So far Red Head in first and Brunette in second.

zapphoman
08-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Come on guys vote now. Round 2 of choosing FemShep, first round was hairstyle now its hair colo(u)r (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112376-BioWare-Pits-Blonde-Against-Brunette-in-New-FemShep-Poll). Come on guys this matters. So far Red Head in first and Brunette in second.

Well, I am a fan of Brunettes, so it has my vote.

TheMadThinker
08-26-2011, 06:52 AM
I still say I am the ultimate fan. I actually started building a mass relay in my backyard a few months back. There are still a bunch of buttons and switches I have not figured out yet plus there is that small problem of element zero not being discovered yet, but hey you cannot let petty shit like that halt progress. :)

TheMadThinker
08-26-2011, 07:07 AM
I was thinking about ME3 the other day. I wonder if you will still be able to get an Asari lap dance at the strip clubs like in the first two games? I might feel a little bit bad about that while Earth is burning, but you have to have priorities I guess. If you can that should definitely get you some renegade points.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Just finished proper Marathon play of ME1 still love that game even if the 2nd one is sooo much better.

Did all the missions spoke to everyone about everything and didnt skip wht they were saying and turned subs off.

Took me 24 hours LOL

Going to do Mass Effect 2 over the next few days/weeks because this will take around 40 hours to do.

Dont know who to chose as my duo though. I had Garrus and Tali in ME1 but not sure who i should use now.

@Bodom

I just was informed about the romance angle thing.

If you have had sex with one character in one game and they are still alive you can only have relationships with that person.

BUT if you have sex with 2 different characters over the 2 games rivarlies will start to happen and a love triangle will work.

But if you havent had sex in either game you can have sex with anyone no matter if your MaleShep or FemShep. Appartenly anyone party members past and present can become your Shepards lover.

And i thought my Femshep having sex with Garrus was weird ^^^^^

Tomsta666
09-02-2011, 07:37 AM
So hey, all this talk of how great Mass Effect is around these parts has made me finally take the plunge. Saw the first one for £8 preowned in grainger games today, so I thought i'd get it and give it a shot. I know that the second one is supposed to be loads better, but I couldn't really play a sequel without finishing the first one. Now bear in mind that I think i'm allergic to RPGs so this is a risk me for me. I'm gonna start it tommorow, wish me luck!!

zapphoman
09-02-2011, 10:30 PM
So hey, all this talk of how great Mass Effect is around these parts has made me finally take the plunge. Saw the first one for £8 preowned in grainger games today, so I thought i'd get it and give it a shot. I know that the second one is supposed to be loads better, but I couldn't really play a sequel without finishing the first one. Now bear in mind that I think i'm allergic to RPGs so this is a risk me for me. I'm gonna start it tommorow, wish me luck!!

If you are a fan of amazing dialogue, amazing story, awesome characters(Wrex FTW!), and some surprising great gameplay, I think you are going to like it.

HeelTurn
09-03-2011, 05:48 AM
In the minority here, but I preferred the 1st ME, I did love the second to.

Tommy Thunder
09-03-2011, 05:57 AM

WHAT?! That's a bargain!! You'll have a blast playing it trust me, and it's always advisable to play the first before the second with ME, since there's a big influence with the decisions you take in the first carrying on.
Have fun with it!

zapphoman
09-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Just got finished playing Overlord, even got the Data Hound achievement, and about to go on to Arrival. Playing these have made me even more excited for ME3.

Beutiful Chaos
09-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Can you tell I'm a fan?

zapphoman
09-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Can you tell I'm a fan?

wouldn't have to do with your location would it?

HeelTurn
09-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Just got finished playing Overlord, even got the Data Hound achievement, and about to go on to Arrival. Playing these have made me even more excited for ME3.

Arrival was pretty dissapointing after playing Shadow Broker, but hell yeah it gets you more excited for ME3

zapphoman
09-04-2011, 01:35 PM
BTW finished Arrival last night. I didn't think it was that bad. It was awesome talking to Admiral Hackett face to face instead of over an intercom.

Beutiful Chaos
09-04-2011, 05:55 PM
wouldn't have to do with your location would it?

Yes, Raptor Jesus presides over The Terminus systems.

Bodom
09-04-2011, 06:21 PM
BTW finished Arrival last night. I didn't think it was that bad. It was awesome talking to Admiral Hackett face to face instead of over an intercom.

The conversation with Harbinger made it all worth it.

Beutiful Chaos
09-04-2011, 06:31 PM
What is this Arrival? The last time I checked, I had all the DLC.

Subject Zero
09-04-2011, 07:02 PM
What is this Arrival? The last time I checked, I had all the DLC.

Its the final DLC connecting ME2 to ME3

zapphoman
09-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Its the final DLC connecting ME2 to ME3

So I am taking it that you are a big fan of the crazy one known as Jack.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 02:48 AM
So I am taking it that you are a big fan of the crazy one known as Jack.

no cant stand her

zapphoman
09-05-2011, 01:50 PM
no cant stand her

oh! can't blame ya. Neither can I. Right after her trust mission I just stop using her.

Bodom
09-05-2011, 01:54 PM
oh! can't blame ya. Neither can I. Right after her trust mission I just stop using her.

The only thing she's good for is the squad warp ammo. And that's only if you don't use your Advanced Training on it.

zapphoman
09-05-2011, 02:08 PM
The only thing she's good for is the squad warp ammo. And that's only if you don't use your Advanced Training on it.

Very True. That squad Warp Ammo is awesome to use against the collectors. but like you said you can just get that at the beginning of the game.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 02:08 PM

LOL shes an awesome character. Shes Female Riddick for christ sakes. One of the best Scifi characters around.

Well we all know that you should stick with Grunt and either Zaed or Thane when you go for the big boy difficulty.

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 04:29 PM
LOL shes an awesome character. Shes Female Riddick for christ sakes. One of the best Scifi characters around.

Well we all know that you should stick with Grunt and either Zaed or Thane when you go for the big boy difficulty.

Fuck Zaed, I didn't even want to use him on his trust mission. I mix it up all the time, different squad mates depending on my mood. But I refuse to use Zaed.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Fuck Zaed, I didn't even want to use him on his trust mission. I mix it up all the time, different squad mates depending on my mood. But I refuse to use Zaed.

Can i ask why?

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Can i ask why?

Never liked him, thought he was asshole and not the fun kind.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Never liked him, thought he was asshole and not the fun kind.

Isnt that the point to his character??

Tomsta666
09-05-2011, 04:55 PM
So I started ME1.

Combat feels pretty generic, run'n'gun shit. Meh.
Enjoying the character interactions though.
The story does seem like it is of epic proportions.

Bodom
09-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Zaeed is pretty useless.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Zaeed is pretty useless.

Nah Grunt is obviously the most useful character but Zaed is excellent at getting kills plus his grenades are pretty damn effective at times.

Plus the level of detail on the characters design, plus hes a very deep character compared to the other soldier Jacob

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Zaeed is pretty useless.

He doesn't do anything my character already does. Screw his grenade thing. Incinerate is better.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:03 PM
So I started ME1.

Combat feels pretty generic, run'n'gun shit. Meh.
Enjoying the character interactions though.
The story does seem like it is of epic proportions.

Combat in ME takes time to get use to. You need to use the powers to get full enjoyment. I mean using your Adept abilities is pretty cool.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:04 PM
He doesn't do anything my character already does. Screw his grenade thing. Incinerate is better.

Mordin dies like a bitch though. For an ex commando hes useless. Although hes an interesting character.

Well if you listen to what Joker says hes alot like Shepard so i think hes based on renegade shep.

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Nah Grunt is obviously the most useful character but Zaed is excellent at getting kills plus his grenades are pretty damn effective at times.

Plus the level of detail on the characters design, plus hes a very deep character compared to the other soldier Jacob

I barely use Jacob. They tried to use the soldier thing too keep him 'reserved,' he was boring.

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Mordin dies like a bitch though. For an ex commando hes useless. Although hes an interesting character.

Hes a salarian. Low health, but quick thinking and lighting quick reflexes. In real life he would be an amazing sniper.

HeelTurn
09-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Hold the Line....what a truely motivating speech

Bodom
09-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Hes a salarian. Low health, but quick thinking and lighting quick reflexes. In real life he would be an amazing sniper.

Or an awesome scientist.

Bodom
09-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Hold the Line....what a truely motivating speech

It worked didn't it?

HeelTurn
09-05-2011, 05:10 PM
It worked didn't it?

Mostly yes, but thats because they had Wesley Snipes Demolition Man Shepherd in charge.

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 05:11 PM
I'll kill you!

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Mostly yes, but thats because they had Wesley Snipes Demolition Man Shepherd in charge.

No it only worked because they had Tom Beringer Sniper in charge.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:13 PM
It worked didn't it?

Depends if you shut down the Geth support or not really.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I barely use Jacob. They tried to use the soldier thing too keep him 'reserved,' he was boring.

Jacob is a douche i hate the dude i dont even want to talk to him i get the armour plating from him and its like i have better things to do then talk to you.

Im playing through first time as Evil Shep because when ever i play i turn into a good guy. (apart from that one time i wanted Lilith instead of Samara) so i think ill make him kill himself in the sucide mission

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:16 PM

In real life he would be amazing FULLSTOP. By far one of the most entertaining characters ive ever come across

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Jacob is a douche i hate the dude i dont even want to talk to him i get the armour plating from him and its like i have better things to do then talk to you.

Im playing through first time as Evil Shep because when ever i play i turn into a good guy. (apart from that one time i wanted Lilith instead of Samara) so i think ill make him kill himself in the sucide mission

The only person to do on my suicide mission was Legion. I immediately reloaded the save. He is my favorite.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:21 PM
The only person to do on my suicide mission was Legion. I immediately reloaded the save. He is my favorite.

Really you see Legion has never died for me.

Ive seen the uber bad ending online but to date Legion and Kasumi are the only 2 ive successfully used for the suicide mission.

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Really you see Legion has never died for me.

Ive seen the uber bad ending online but to date Legion and Kasumi are the only 2 ive successfully used for the suicide mission.

I used him as the tech guy, thinking because he was a robot he would be an expert in electronics, I was wrong.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 05:34 PM
I used him as the tech guy, thinking because he was a robot he would be an expert in electronics, I was wrong.

Yep thats why i did first time and it worked i thought Data from Star Trek so i thought Legion would work.

I believe its whose side you took between him and Tali. And if you spare or destroy the geth.

TheMadThinker
09-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Why all the Zaeed hate? I may be overanalyzing but I think of him as what Shepard would become if he follows the renegade path. His war stories are quite funny as well. If you use him on the mission where you rescue Garrus there are a few things that open up that you will not see with anybody else. Any character that can use a sniper rifle is ultra useful especially on the harder settings.

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Yep thats why i did first time and it worked i thought Data from Star Trek so i thought Legion would work.

I believe its whose side you took between him and Tali. And if you spare or destroy the geth.

Took neither side, both remained loyal, spare them everytime.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Took neither side, both remained loyal, spare them everytime.

Strange that because thats why i did first time round and Legion survived each and every time.

I havent had Tali survive that solo mission yet though

Bodom
09-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Why all the Zaeed hate? I may be overanalyzing but I think of him as what Shepard would become if he follows the renegade path. His war stories are quite funny as well. If you use him on the mission where you rescue Garrus there are a few things that open up that you will not see with anybody else. Any character that can use a sniper rifle is ultra useful especially on the harder settings.

If I want a sniper I'll use Thane or Garrus. Any character with Overload or Warp is worth it's weight in gold.

Or if I need a dedicated Sniper I'll go with Legion. M-98 Widow.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 07:23 PM
If I want a sniper I'll use Thane or Garrus. Any character with Overload or Warp is worth it's weight in gold.

Your abit of a Thane fanboy though bods. But i guess im the same with Zaeed

Bodom
09-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Your abit of a Thane fanboy though bods. But i guess im the same with Zaeed

It's not really that. Basically any character that doesn't have Warp or Overload is useless to me.

Unless he's Grunt.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 07:31 PM
It's not really that. Basically any character that doesn't have Warp or Overload is useless to me.

Unless he's Grunt.

Well Grunt is THE TANK.

But Miranda is pretty useless and she has both of those abilities.

Bodom
09-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Well Grunt is THE TANK.

But Miranda is pretty useless and she has both of those abilities.

I never use Miranda.

Tommy Thunder
09-05-2011, 07:35 PM
I like Kasumi <3
But nobody will beat Garrus for me. I'm gutted it's odds on that he'll die in ME3 :(

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 07:37 PM
I like Kasumi <3
But nobody will beat Garrus for me. I'm gutted it's odds on that he'll die in ME3 :(

Id imagine it will be like the last everyone could survive or they all could die.

I think Garrus has odds on because he will become a spectre.

They all have their own little storyline and alot of them arent finished yet.

Apart from Kasumi and Samara/Lillith

Bodom
09-05-2011, 07:38 PM
I like Kasumi <3

The epicness of his death scene would be off the charts.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 07:38 PM
I never use Miranda.

LOL and they went to more effort in creating her then anyone lol

TheMadThinker
09-05-2011, 07:42 PM

Yeah, but you cannot get Thane until mid game and Legion almost at the end. You must get Garrus immediately and put his ass on overtime? You can pick up Zaeed almost immediately.

I would have to say Katsumi is the most useless for my playing style, even though I enjoy her loyalty mission. I cant stand her popping around the battlefield which generally results in her demise.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah, but you cannot get Thane until mid game and Legion almost at the end. You must get Garrus immediately and put his ass on overtime? You can pick up Zaeed almost immediately.

I would have to say Katsumi is the most useless for my playing style, even though I enjoy her loyalty mission. I cant stand her popping around the battlefield which generally results in her demise.

Yep shadow strike looks great and is very unique but it results in death for her so very pointless

Beutiful Chaos
09-05-2011, 07:44 PM

I'm a sniper so I choose that every playthrough.

Tommy Thunder
09-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Id imagine it will be like the last everyone could survive or they all could die.

I think Garrus has odds on because he will become a spectre.

They all have their own little storyline and alot of them arent finished yet.

Apart from Kasumi and Samara/Lillith

Was it possible for ALL your squad to die in ME2?

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Was it possible for ALL your squad to die in ME2?

Yep everyone can die apart from Joker.

Shepard could also die but that ends the series.

What i mean is id imagine its anything can happen.

If im truly honest the one i can see with the self sacrifice send off is Thane or ifs hes dead his son.

Tommy Thunder
09-05-2011, 07:48 PM
The epicness of his death scene would be off the charts.

It would. You can just picture your squad struggling against a billion enemies, Garrus sacrifices himself to let you live in an incredible last stand.

But, as epic as that scene would be, I don't want him to die lol!

And I never used Miranda either :p

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 07:49 PM
It would. You can just picture your squad struggling against a billion enemies, Garrus sacrifices himself to let you live in an incredible last stand.

But, as epic as that scene would be, I don't want him to die lol!

Thats what i see happening to Thane because hes dying so his story is near its end.

Tommy Thunder
09-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Yep everyone can die apart from Joker.

Shepard could also die but that ends the series.

What i mean is id imagine its anything can happen.

If im truly honest the one i can see with the self sacrifice send off is Thane or ifs hes dead his son.

Damn. I imagine you would have had to have been having a really bad day for that to happen!!

I think it's guaranteed if there's a self-sacrifice, it's going to be Garrus. No doubt. He's been there from the beginning, and the fans have been made to care so much for him, it's got to be him.

Tommy Thunder
09-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Thats what i see happening to Thane because hes dying so his story is near its end.

I see your point, and it does make sense I suppose. I just have a bad feeling that they're going to make it really difficult to get Garrus to survive to the end, since he's been there from the start, and we care so much for him lol

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Damn. I imagine you would have had to have been having a really bad day for that to happen!!

I think it's guaranteed if there's a self-sacrifice, it's going to be Garrus. No doubt. He's been there from the beginning, and the fans have been made to care so much for him, it's got to be him.

I doubt it as he would made an Excellent Spectre and thats how i see his story ending if he survives. He was essientially being a spectre in Mass Effect 2 and he always wanted to be a Spectre in ME1.

All Logic points to Thane. I cant see a party member sacrificing themselves half way through the game again they did that with Kaiden/Ash

Tommy Thunder
09-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I doubt it as he would made an Excellent Spectre and thats how i see his story ending if he survives. He was essientially being a spectre in Mass Effect 2 and he always wanted to be a Spectre in ME1.

All Logic points to Thane. I cant see a party member sacrificing themselves half way through the game again they did that with Kaiden/Ash

Very true.
I still think they're going to make it hard to get him to survive to the end though.

Subject Zero
09-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Very true.
I still think they're going to make it hard to get him to survive to the end though.

Well i think they will make the good ending hard to get as its the end of the series. So yeah survival is hard.

You should watch the Bad Ending for Mass Effect 2 on youtube its very good. Thats how i saw it and i dont have the heart to see all my crew members die.

zapphoman
09-05-2011, 11:07 PM
yeah I don't want any of my crew to die except for maybe Jack. Throughout all my playthroughs only Legion, Samara, and Mordin have died. Last few playthroughs nobody has died.

Beutiful Chaos
09-06-2011, 10:30 AM
yeah I don't want any of my crew to die except for maybe Jack. Throughout all my playthroughs only Legion, Samara, and Mordin have died. Last few playthroughs nobody has died.

Like I said Legion was the only one to die on me and I've had 6 plays. I'm in the middle of the 7th.

HeelTurn
09-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Mordin died the 1st time for me. I watched the bad ending on Youtube so that the only guy remaining was Joker, looking out at a horde of Reapers.

And i hope Garrus doesnt die, he deserves a Spectre.

TheBeardOfZeus
09-06-2011, 10:35 AM
I need to play through both on my new xbox, where can I find the cheapest copy of the first one? I can't find the beggar.

Bodom
09-06-2011, 10:40 AM
I need to play through both on my new xbox, where can I find the cheapest copy of the first one? I can't find the beggar.

http://product.half.ebay.com/Mass-Effect-Xbox-360-2007/53000938&tg=info

There's some here for roughly $10

TheBeardOfZeus
09-06-2011, 10:44 AM
http://product.half.ebay.com/Mass-Effect-Xbox-360-2007/53000938&tg=info

There's some here for roughly $10

Thanks Bods my man, but since I'm in England, the charging for shipping will be outrageous.

HeelTurn
09-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks Bods my man, but since I'm in England, the charging for shipping will be outrageous.

Try places like Gamestation and Grainger Games, they always seem to have copies.

HeelTurn
09-06-2011, 10:48 AM
http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/mass-effect-joke.jpg

Bodom
09-06-2011, 11:01 AM

Damn. Sometimes I forget a bunch of you guys are across the pond lol

Beutiful Chaos
09-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Damn. Sometimes I forget a bunch of you guys are across the pond lol

It seems like most of the Tea Spotters are over the pond but most of the idiots in the wrestling sections are Americans. [/SadFont]

Tomsta666
09-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Try places like Gamestation and Grainger Games, they always seem to have copies.

I second this. I bought a pre-owned copy of the first one for £8 last week.
Although I think that Grainger Games is a Northern indie chain. They aren't nationwide yet???

Failing that I'm sure you'll have a CEX around your way? It was the same price in there ;)

Tomsta666
09-06-2011, 11:45 AM
It seems like most of the Tea Spotters are over the pond but most of the idiots in the wrestling sections are Americans. [/SadFont]

:cool:

I'm pretty sure that the majority of my posts here are tea spot!

:D

Subject Zero
09-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Game had Mass Effect 2 in for £5 brand new like 2 months ago.

Is it said that although i already own it on 360 and PS3 i still brought 3 back ups to keep in Mint Cond???