PDA

View Full Version : Mark Henry, push?

Roy
08-12-2011, 03:42 AM
http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/update-on-the-undertakers-shaved-head-wwe-return/

According to this site which I don't know is reliable or not.. but it states that Mark Henry has been rumoured to be Undertaker's opponent at WM 28. Which I highly doubt.

What I'm really interested in is, if Mark Henry is actually being discussed as Undertaker's next opponent, would that mean Mark Henry would win against Sheamus? Or should we say Sheamus won't pin Mark Henry clean? [DQ finish or something to continue the fued.]
It was posted on Aug 10th, 2011. 2 days back.

Thoughts?

S.E. Zero
08-12-2011, 03:50 AM
Highly doubtful besides its August, WM is 7-8 months away; its too early to be even discuss who will face Taker.

If anyone is facing Taker it might be Orton or some new talent that Taker can pass the torch to like Barrett or Bryan not Henry.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-12-2011, 03:50 AM
http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/update-on-the-undertakers-shaved-head-wwe-return/

According to this site which I don't know is reliable or not.. but it states that Mark Henry has been rumoured to be Undertaker's opponent at WM 28. Which I highly doubt.

What I'm really interested in is, if Mark Henry is actually being discussed as Undertaker's next opponent, would that mean Mark Henry would win against Sheamus? Or should we say Sheamus won't pin Mark Henry clean? [DQ finish or something to continue the fued.]

Thoughts?

I hope this feud is the beging of a Sheamus Face push, not the contuning of a Henery Heel Push......

WWE wont give the honor of a Undertaker WM match to henery.... Takers streak has no become bigger than the World title and WWE title.... it has to be a somewhat threat, or someone that can produce a good story or match.

Roy
08-12-2011, 04:15 AM
If it's his last match at WM, it definitely would be someone established in wwe already. And a face. Because they'll do all the handshakes and paying respect at the end of his match! lol

Roy
08-12-2011, 04:18 AM
And I want the Sheamus - Henry fued to stretch. I won't like it if it ends in like just one match. :/
Hopefully, Henry wins this match earning some momentum for the next time and Sheamus can end it later with another match. I wanna see some Sheamus promos!

Reloval
08-12-2011, 07:54 AM
If it's his last match at WM, it definitely would be someone established in wwe already. And a face. Because they'll do all the handshakes and paying respect at the end of his match! lol

^^This since it will probably be his last match, if it happens. The only ones I can really see it have a chance of being are HHH, CM Punk, Foley, Jericho or Orton.

steveorton
08-12-2011, 08:07 AM

Thoughts?

I doubt it, I think Sheamus has a better chance at facing Taker at WM28 than Henry, I'm jus sayin...

Dr. Death
08-12-2011, 08:19 AM
I do not believe that UT and Henry will face off at Wrestlemania 28, however Mark Henry has been around for a long time and has worked his but off, so I think a World Heavyweight title run wouldn't be out of the question. Even a short reign would be good for Henry and it would be a chance for the WWE to show Henry how much they appreciate him being loyal and working his but off.

Kid_Gangsta
08-12-2011, 08:45 AM
LOL Taker will not wrestle Mark Henry or Sheamus at WM28. Com'on, do you really believe that the WWE will downgrade (no offense to each wrestler) to a Sheamus or Henry after coming from 3 match of the year performances? No way. Granted, Undertakers match is not the main selling point of WM28 like previous years. We can all speculate, but we will all have to wait until the "Road to Wrestlemania" when WWE starts to formulate angles and matches for WM.

The Brown One
08-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Lets not forget Mark Henry has wrestled The Undertaker at Wresltlemania before, so I wouldn't rule the WWE doing something that stupid again. It wasn't the best feud and by far wasn't a great match. But I can actually see Henry getting the WHC sometime this year, even if for a short time. Hes made a believer out of me. Now all he needs to do is have longer matches and move a bit more and hes set.

steveorton
08-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Lets not forget Mark Henry has wrestled The Undertaker at Wresltlemania before, so I wouldn't rule the WWE doing something that stupid again. It wasn't the best feud and by far wasn't a great match. But I can actually see Henry getting the WHC sometime this year, even if for a short time. Hes made a believer out of me. Now all he needs to do is have longer matches and move a bit more and hes set.

Yea there was a time when I thought he was absolutely useless but he has proven me wrong. I do think he needs to be in the title picture but for now I am enjoying how he's being just destructive. I think this reminds me of when he was potraying the Silverback character leaving a path of destruction. I was also in awe when he flung that sound technician, I'm jus sayin...

SESAfro
08-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Mark Henry for next World Heavyweight Champion! All of the others currently in the title picture already held the title, they have to change it up a bit. Henry has proved that he can be a believable monster and hasn't been useless. As you guys already said, Henry is one of the last choices to face Taker, and it's too far away to be speculating anyway.

Rilla
08-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Daniel Bryan or Kane(For both their retirements, not going into the circumstances) should do it.

It has to be someone who is a WWE man, for pretty much LIFE.

AOF666
08-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Foley is a likely choice. If Jericho comes back, it could be him. I;ll throw an oddball out there, Christian. He is a veteran, and he proves he can put on a good match, he even made Orton look good.

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Good lord, its gonna take a bulldozer to push that fat bastard.

BlazersDozen
08-12-2011, 03:00 PM
I have a pretty strong gut feeling that Kane is going return truely evil & be Taker's match at Wrestlemania. Who else to retire Taker than his "brother"? & this is Taker...he's not going to have some handshake, stand on the turnbuckle & cry retirement moment...he's going to "return to Hell"

tshizzy34
08-12-2011, 05:07 PM
There is no way in hell that Mark Henry is going to be his opponent at WM28. No offense to Henry, but he's just not a big enough draw nor talent for Taker. I firmly believe it's going to be either a rematch with HHH or possibly Kane. Not to mention that creative switches their plans around like as often as we all breathe so until it's like March I wouldn't read into anything WM related, cuz up til then it's all BS and rumors!

FLWWEFan
08-12-2011, 05:10 PM
I heard that rumor awhile back about Henry, I don't think it's gonna happen but anything is possible. WWE could make Henry a really big beast if they wanted to. Me personally I'm not a big fan of Henry, he's kinda dull if you ask me..but that's my personal opinion.

Tommy Thunder
08-12-2011, 05:15 PM
I highly doubt that Henry will be the one to face Taker at Mania. IMO, this is Taker's last Mania for sure, and therefore it makes sense for his last opponent to be an established star. I say Jericho.
I also like the idea of a triple threat with HHH and HBK; winner has to pin Taker.

Rich Cranium
08-12-2011, 05:22 PM
I doubt they would put Henry against Taker at WM. Maybe on Smackdown or Raw or even a lesser PPV but not the big one.

HeelTurn
08-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Henry has been pushed before, hes challenged Angle for the world title, hes faced Taker at Mania. I expect his push to continue for a few months, then they will probably get bored of it and drop him down the card again.